Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Embajador3
Topic Author

FR to operate flights for Laudamotion out of DUS & ZRH

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Ryanair will base several aircraft from June, in ZRH and DUS, to operate flights on behalf of Laudamotion. Flights can be booked on either Laudamotion or Ryanair websites.

Routes out of DUS:
CFU, HER, KGS, RHO, FAO, AGP, FUE, LPA, ACE, PMI, TFS, IBZ,
Routes out of ZRH:
FUE, IBZ, PMI, ACE, SUF, OLB,

Also, if you check out Laudamotion's website, it looks pretty much like Ryanair's but with Laudamotion's colors.

Galwayman

Re: FR to operate flights for Laudamotion out of DUS & ZRH

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Great news for consumers , things are moving fast

tomcat

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Great news for consumers , things are moving fast

Depends which consumers we're talking about. For example, those who had booked a Ryanair flight to/from Chania after May 31st might not enjoy the fact that their flight has been cancelled because Ryanair will be closing its base in Chania.

davidjohnson6

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:35 am

Embajador3 wrote:
Also, if you check out Laudamotion's website, it looks pretty much like Ryanair's but with Laudamotion's colors.

Just entered www.laudamotion.com in my web browser - I was automatically forwarded to www.ryanair.com/la/de/
The Ryanair and Laudamotion websites are not just similiar in appearance - they are the same

smokeybandit

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:13 pm

I have a flight booked on Laudamotion via Condor this summer. Condor just sent notification that they're transitioning the reservation to Ryanair

nighthawk

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm confused... didn't Eurowings just announce that a number of their flights would be operated by Laudamotion this summer? Yet now Laudamotion are getting Ryanair to operate flights for them?

Is Laudamotion to become a wet lease airline?

aemoreira1981

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Laudamotion might be Ryanair’s way to get into Austria and Eastern Europe. Even if it ultimately becomes Ryanair, I see that AOC being maintained.

LTenEleven

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Just a few months ago who would have ever imagined two Ryanair aircraft based in ZRH?

The Air Berlin bankruptcy seems to be causing quite a few headaches for the LH Group: Wizz Air in Vienna, Ryanair in Vienna/Dusseldorf/Berlin Tegel/Zurich and EasyJet all over Germany.

Blerg

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Laudamotion might be Ryanair’s way to get into Austria and Eastern Europe. Even if it ultimately becomes Ryanair, I see that AOC being maintained.

Why would Ryanair need Laudamotion to get into eastern Europe? They have been flying there for many years now. Just look at their presence from Estonia in the north to the Balkans in the south.

Blerg

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:34 pm

LTenEleven wrote:
Just a few months ago who would have ever imagined two Ryanair aircraft based in ZRH?

The Air Berlin bankruptcy seems to be causing quite a few headaches for the LH Group: Wizz Air in Vienna, Ryanair in Vienna/Dusseldorf/Berlin Tegel/Zurich and EasyJet all over Germany.

They've opened the Pandora's box. That said, Lufthansa has been harassing other airlines for decades now so it's refreshing to see someone do it to them for a change. Personally, I see Austrian Airlines struggle the most from all these changes.

LH982

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:39 am

nighthawk wrote:
I'm confused... didn't Eurowings just announce that a number of their flights would be operated by Laudamotion this summer? Yet now Laudamotion are getting Ryanair to operate flights for them?

Is Laudamotion to become a wet lease airline?

Laudamotion has it's own A320/321s, but are also pulling in A32x from other sources and Ryanair 738s.

It could be like Eurowings for a while , where just about anyone or anything could operate the flight.

LH982

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:44 am

Blerg wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

Why would Ryanair need Laudamotion to get into eastern Europe? They have been flying there for many years now. Just look at their presence from Estonia in the north to the Balkans in the south.

Much easier to penetrate certain parts of the market using a different brand. The Lauda name has a certain level of brand awareness and trust, especially in Austria.

Blerg

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:06 am

LH982 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

Much easier to penetrate certain parts of the market using a different brand. The Lauda name has a certain level of brand awareness and trust, especially in Austria.

My point is that Ryanair has been present in eastern Europe for over a decade now.

stylo777

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 am

It was just a matter of time for FR to move in to DUS and ZRH - with or without Lauda; however, the current selection of destinations does not really LHG. Well, EW and WK maybe a little, but I still doubt any major impact.
Nevertheless, this is FR and after 2 aircraft based they usually continue and just in a blink you see their planes all over the place.

Blerg

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:45 am

Ryanair already operates out of expensive airports (Frankfurt being the latest example) so I don't see why they wouldn't keep on expanding. The market is wealthy and large enough for several players. If we look at routes from ZRH to Austria and Germany we can see that they could use some more competition.

LH982

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Came back from Hamburg with Eurowings, who are currently renowned for flights being operated by any airline with any equipment. Even so, I was a little surprised to see it operated by Laudamotion

WingsOfLove

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 pm

LH982 wrote:
Came back from Hamburg with Eurowings, who are currently renowned for flights being operated by any airline with any equipment. Even so, I was a little surprised to see it operated by Laudamotion

Laudamotion flying for Eurowings? lol

Pe@rson

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Blerg wrote:
LH982 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

My point is that Ryanair has been present in eastern Europe for over a decade now.

Ryanair now has a 16% share of traffic in Central and Eastern Europe and around 15 bases there now.

redcap1962

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:35 am

Blerg wrote:
... Lufthansa has been harassing other airlines for decades now so it's refreshing to see someone do it to them for a change.

...and is still harassing other Airlines on intercontinental routes. Let's hope there will be similar developments in that segment soon!
This for instance:
https://www.flyscoot.com/en/promotions/de-berlin
is a begin... :bouncy:

Blerg

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 am

redcap1962 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
... Lufthansa has been harassing other airlines for decades now so it's refreshing to see someone do it to them for a change.

...and is still harassing other Airlines on intercontinental routes. Let's hope there will be similar developments in that segment soon!
This for instance:
https://www.flyscoot.com/en/promotions/de-berlin
is a begin... :bouncy:

Those are some cheap fares! However, I was under the impression Singapore and Lufthansa are on good terms so would SIA really launch TXL to antagonize LH? Could their Berlin launch be more about countering Qatar?

Pe@rson

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am

When Ryanair announced that it was acquiring some of Laudamotion, it said it'll be leasing 6 planes with crew to them. This will probably just be a temporary measure.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0 ... ion-stake/

SCQ83

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am

WingsOfLove wrote:
LH982 wrote:

I also flew Laudamotion for EW a few days ago.

It was a weird mix of everything. Air Berlin safety video (they didn't even bother to change the Air Berlin - Oneworld - Etihad Partners logo), FlyNiki uniforms and ID labels (with the FlyNIKI on it), Eurowings catering card, Laudomotion safety card...

steman

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:13 am

Ryanair is also basing own metal in TXL for the first time, to fly on behalf of Laudamotion.
From June they are going to offer 17 destinations to Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Croatia.
I have booked a FAO-TXL on Ryanair. The funny thing is Laudamotion website did not show that flight but Ryanair sells the flight with Laudamotion flight code.

LH982

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am

SCQ83 wrote:
WingsOfLove wrote:
LH982 wrote:

I also flew Laudamotion for EW a few days ago.

It was a weird mix of everything. Air Berlin safety video (they didn't even bother to change the Air Berlin - Oneworld - Etihad Partners logo), FlyNiki uniforms and ID labels (with the FlyNIKI on it), Eurowings catering card, Laudomotion safety card...

Last week I got Tui Fly Netherlands on the way out and CSA on the way back. It's great fun.

r2rho

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am

Although I'm well aware that EW is a marketing umbrella under which a bunch of wet lease airlines are contracted, this is getting ridiculous.
On my last two "EW" flights I had CSA and Adria.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos