sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Singapore Airlines to deploy Airbus A350-900 to BLR wef 18/05/2019. This will replace the SCOOT service to Bengaluru. The airline will have 2 daily flights to BLR on the same date aswell. The SQ Airbus A350 flight timings are as below & open for booking:-

SQ505 BLR 0120 0825 SIN
SQ504 SIN 2220 0005 (+1) BLR
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 am

IndiGo bases yet another new ATR at HYD eff. Jan 5th. 1st daily Bhopal and Jabalpur, 4th daily Tirupati.

6E 7226 HYD0715 - 0905BHO AT76 D
6E 7227 BHO0930 - 1120HYD AT76 D

6E 7247 HYD1140 - 1400JLR AT76 D
6E 7248 JLR1420 - 1635HYD AT76 D

6E 7166 HYD1655 - 1820TIR AT76 D
6E 7167 TIR1900 - 2025HYD AT76 D

HYD-BHO-HYD-JLR-HYD-TIR-HYD

BHO and JLR are new stations for IndiGo.
Follow me on Flickr
Subscribe to my channel on YouTube
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:01 am

India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 am

sand26391 wrote:
Singapore Airlines to deploy Airbus A350-900 to BLR wef 18/05/2019. This will replace the SCOOT service to Bengaluru. The airline will have 2 daily flights to BLR on the same date aswell. The SQ Airbus A350 flight timings are as below & open for booking:-

SQ505 BLR 0120 0825 SIN
SQ504 SIN 2220 0005 (+1) BLR


What is the other equipment? A330 or B777?
 
sabby
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:19 am

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Singapore Airlines to deploy Airbus A350-900 to BLR wef 18/05/2019. This will replace the SCOOT service to Bengaluru. The airline will have 2 daily flights to BLR on the same date aswell. The SQ Airbus A350 flight timings are as below & open for booking:-

SQ505 BLR 0120 0825 SIN
SQ504 SIN 2220 0005 (+1) BLR


What is the other equipment? A330 or B777?

The SQ 502/503 flight is operated by 772. I believe this will be the first scheduled A350 operating from BLR.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am

SpiceJet new flights wef 20DEC18
Ahmedabad - Srinagar
Ahmedabad - Guwahati
Ahmedabad - Chennai
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 am

unrave wrote:
SpiceJet new flights wef 20DEC18
Ahmedabad - Srinagar
Ahmedabad - Guwahati
Ahmedabad - Chennai

AMD-J&K? Isn't it a bit far? And that too SG? I would have thought IndiGo would launch it.
5H-TCG
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:35 am

VTCIE wrote:
AMD-J&K? Isn't it a bit far? And that too SG? I would have thought IndiGo would launch it.


These routes will be flown on 737.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:50 am

sabby wrote:
EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Singapore Airlines to deploy Airbus A350-900 to BLR wef 18/05/2019. This will replace the SCOOT service to Bengaluru. The airline will have 2 daily flights to BLR on the same date aswell. The SQ Airbus A350 flight timings are as below & open for booking:-

SQ505 BLR 0120 0825 SIN
SQ504 SIN 2220 0005 (+1) BLR


What is the other equipment? A330 or B777?

The SQ 502/503 flight is operated by 772. I believe this will be the first scheduled A350 operating from BLR.


Yes it will be the 1st scheduled A359 to South India and also the A359 will be operated 3x weekly to BLR on FRI, SAT and SUN looking at the SQ website, mostly due to bilaterals constraints/seat capacity.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:06 am

sand26391 wrote:
sabby wrote:
EmoticonsAllDay wrote:

What is the other equipment? A330 or B777?

The SQ 502/503 flight is operated by 772. I believe this will be the first scheduled A350 operating from BLR.


Yes it will be the 1st scheduled A359 to South India and also the A359 will be operated 3x weekly to BLR on FRI, SAT and SUN looking at the SQ website, mostly due to bilaterals constraints/seat capacity.

Is BLR A380-ready?
5H-TCG
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:47 am

Yes it is, the only 1 CODE F gate is used by Lufthansa 748i daily
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:51 am

Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.
5H-TCG
 
Vimanav
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:33 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:10 am

VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


That's because there is a capacity limit to every city and QR is at or near the threshold for the cities you have specified.

brgds//Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:36 am

Vimanav wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


That's because there is a capacity limit to every city and QR is at or near the threshold for the cities you have specified.

brgds//Vimanav


No, there are no city specific capacity limits. QR was simply able to secure access to more points of call.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 6291
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:31 pm

VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


Here is the BASA from '05.
http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/mou%20_qatar_0505.pdf
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


Here is the BASA from '05.
http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/mou%20_qatar_0505.pdf

Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?
5H-TCG
 
sabby
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm

VTCIE wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


Here is the BASA from '05.
http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/mou%20_qatar_0505.pdf

Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?

The timings are in line with other Asian/Aus/NZ cities for reaching Doha early morning to connect onward to NA/EU. QR have waves around 1AM as well as in the afternoon from Doha but the demand and options are significantly more in the morning 7-9AM banks.
Last edited by sabby on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 6291
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:53 pm

VTCIE wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Given that QR already flies the Qsuite 777 to BOM and BLR, one can expect A350 service to BOM/BLR soon. But it is surprising that QR doesn't have a second daily flight to BOM, BLR or MAA, opting instead to use its limited bilaterals to fly to ATQ, GOI and NAG.


Here is the BASA from '05.
http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/mou%20_qatar_0505.pdf

Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?


Typically Indian BASAs have layered station, frequency, and seat count restrictions. DGCA/MoCA are corrupt but very crafty. One of the reasons even though Dubai got 50K+12K seats in total, never became #1 international carrier of India, as they always falsely claim.

BTW, not sure that is the latest India-Qatar BASA.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?


Typically Indian BASAs have layered station, frequency, and seat count restrictions. DGCA/MoCA are corrupt but very crafty. One of the reasons even though Dubai got 50K+12K seats in total, never became #1 international carrier of India, as they always falsely claim.

BTW, not sure that is the latest India-Qatar BASA.

What do you mean by 'never became #1 international carrier of India'? Of course EK+FZ is the number one international carrier out of India, thanks to multiple daily flights to nearly a dozen Indian cities.

But it is true that the UAE—Dubai specifically (as all the Emirates' BASAs are considered separately)—got much luckier than Qatar in the BASA stakes.
5H-TCG
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm

VTCIE wrote:
[
Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?


Not true at all. The BASA section of DGCA website has not been updated with the latest version.The 2005 document does not even specify Goa as point of call, while QR has been flying to Goa for several years now. The MoUs themselves have undergone upward revisions. We had a Civil Aviation minister who was quite happy to accept cash for seats.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:20 pm

VTCIE wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Astonishing that the BASAs have not changed since 2005. On a related note, when you're flying only once a day to BOM or BLR, you might as well give decent timings on your route. Almost all QR routes to India arrive between 2am and 5am, and depart at that time. Does this restriction have anything to do with the BASA document, or was QR simply unlucky with the individual airports?


Typically Indian BASAs have layered station, frequency, and seat count restrictions. DGCA/MoCA are corrupt but very crafty. One of the reasons even though Dubai got 50K+12K seats in total, never became #1 international carrier of India, as they always falsely claim.

BTW, not sure that is the latest India-Qatar BASA.

What do you mean by 'never became #1 international carrier of India'? Of course EK+FZ is the number one international carrier out of India, thanks to multiple daily flights to nearly a dozen Indian cities.

But it is true that the UAE—Dubai specifically (as all the Emirates' BASAs are considered separately)—got much luckier than Qatar in the BASA stakes.


He's absolutely correct as he was referring to market share in the int'l traffic from India.
EK is below both AI and 9W However they claim themselves as "unofficial national carrier of India " just because they're number 3.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
Irehdna
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:13 pm

DEL-SFO now officially 77W, per the booking engines, until at least late January. Very possible that AI is retiring 77L ATM.

I personally like the AI 77L's a lot, looked a lot more beautiful in AI livery than 77W. Sad to see them go...
 
VTORD
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Irehdna wrote:
DEL-SFO now officially 77W, per the booking engines, until at least late January. Very possible that AI is retiring 77L ATM.

I personally like the AI 77L's a lot, looked a lot more beautiful in AI livery than 77W. Sad to see them go...

According to the time table on AI's website, they are alternating AI173/174 between the 77W and 77L every other day (3,5,7) which is in line with FR24. However AI183/184 is scheduled to be a 77W through out next week (time table says 77L).

I wouldn't be so sure about the retirement of the 77L, given that 2 77W frames are at some point going to be utilized for Air India 1. Not sure whether they are going to be dedicated for that or they will be pulled out like the 744s. So they will most likely need the 77Ls
Twitter: @spottingfoodie
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 am

unrave wrote:
SpiceJet new flights wef 20DEC18
Ahmedabad - Srinagar
Ahmedabad - Guwahati
Ahmedabad - Chennai

AMD-SXR goes via IXJ. SXR-AMD is direct. So AMD-IXJ-SXR-AMD.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/art ... 863239.cms
5H-TCG
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:16 am

VTCIE wrote:
AMD-SXR goes via IXJ. SXR-AMD is direct. So AMD-IXJ-SXR-AMD.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/art ... 863239.cms


The complete rotation is MAA-AMD-IXJ-SXR-AMD-GAU-AMD-MAA
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:06 am

Notice of Airport Capacity chart of BLR (March 2019, with 40ATM/hr)

Image
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Notice of Airport Capacity chart of BLR (March 2019, with 40ATM/hr)


Wasn't this supposed to increase to 44 ATM by SS 2019?
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:33 pm

^^ The NAC shows only acc to the current ATM/hr & not on future planned ATM/hr.

BIAL revamped website/app (Not Live yet)
Image

Image

Image
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:40 am

ATF price at DEL drops to Rs 68 000 per kl, a drop of more than 10% from November. This should ease the liquidity crunch in the sector a bit.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Next SpiceJet rotation wef 01JAN19
HYD-CCU-HYD-CJB-HYD-CCU-HYD-PNQ-HYD
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:29 pm

^^ The airline is also starting BHO ops soon. AMD,HYD,SAG and 1 more city will be connected to BHO soon. Shows up on the website....
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 am

SpiceJet opens bookings for daily Bangalore-Shirdi flights wef 15JAN19. This is SG's third non stop route to SAG besides DEL and HYD
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Qatar Airways to codeshare with GoAir and IndiGo.
"We are making partnerships with Indian domestic partners. We are very close to agreeing codeshares with Indigo and GoAir."

Link: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ai-453128/
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:21 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Qatar Airways to codeshare with GoAir and IndiGo.
"We are making partnerships with Indian domestic partners. We are very close to agreeing codeshares with Indigo and GoAir."

Link: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ai-453128/


Don't they have interline partnership with Vistara?
Well as per this news, does it mean G8 will fly to DOH soon?
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Qatar Airways to codeshare with GoAir and IndiGo.
"We are making partnerships with Indian domestic partners. We are very close to agreeing codeshares with Indigo and GoAir."

Link: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ai-453128/


Is he being serious? Or is he just BS like usual. I have never seen 6E or G8 codeshare with any airline. If things change, then good.

6E for their long haul ops will sure have to codeshare to get more feed IMO.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:37 pm

binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Qatar Airways to codeshare with GoAir and IndiGo.
"We are making partnerships with Indian domestic partners. We are very close to agreeing codeshares with Indigo and GoAir."

Link: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ai-453128/


Don't they have interline partnership with Vistara?
Well as per this news, does it mean G8 will fly to DOH soon?

The airline had applied for DOH slots in 2016, for ops to start in SS2017. But they didnt go ahead with the plan.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Air India to buy iPads as many in-flight entertainment screens are not working
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 876185.cms

Somebody made a lot of money buying substandard IFE systems. Now somebody is about to make a lot of money in getting iPads to replace them. What a national disgrace of an airline.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

unrave wrote:
Air India to buy iPads as many in-flight entertainment screens are not working


The typical process being they'll issue a tender , many suppliers will apply for it at over inflated prices. They'll eventually pick one with good political connections disregarding price. And pay huge commission too.

If they can pay for iPads, I'm sure they can for a new IFE.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 6291
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:45 pm

No seatback IFE going to last 10+ years, they are the most abused item by passengers. I read in general 10% seat back devices are in the repair shop at any given time, I am sure that percentage is much higher for Air India.

Seat back IFEs are no match in resolution to iPads. Good thing, current AI 777/787's Thales IFE systems are already on wireless streaming, so configuring wouldn't be much difficult.

Permanently securing iPad on a 7-inch cable to the seatback is probably the best option. Should enable games and protect from passengers stealing. Employees stealing will be another issue.

On a side note, AI paid $4 Million to Thales for not taking delivery of last three 777s on time. Talk about the waste of money. There is no money to fix other 15 777s but paid $4Million penalty for breaking the contract on VVIP planes.
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Something quite interesting...
On one hand DL has hinted that their upcoming India route might be ATL BOM but hasn't announced anything.
On the other hand Indo Americans in Georgia are requesting AI for a flight to ATL.
I highly doubt whether AI will go for it.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 am

binayak wrote:
Something quite interesting...
On one hand DL has hinted that their upcoming India route might be ATL BOM but hasn't announced anything.
On the other hand Indo Americans in Georgia are requesting AI for a flight to ATL.
I highly doubt whether AI will go for it.

Does AI even have the spare aircraft to fly this route?
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:07 am

[twoid][/twoid]
unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:
Something quite interesting...
On one hand DL has hinted that their upcoming India route might be ATL BOM but hasn't announced anything.
On the other hand Indo Americans in Georgia are requesting AI for a flight to ATL.
I highly doubt whether AI will go for it.

Does AI even have the spare aircraft to fly this route?

1 77L will be enough for a three weekly and they have it as SFO is operated by 77W now. However viability is the biggest question. Even if AI targets the entire ATL India traffic, they'll lose the game to DL.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 am

unrave wrote:
SpiceJet opens bookings for daily Bangalore-Shirdi flights wef 15JAN19. This is SG's third non stop route to SAG besides DEL and HYD


The airline has moved the 1st flight to 06JAN19.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:08 am

Well its official, Singapore Airline service to Bangalore increases from 7 to 10 weekly wef 17MAY19, with SQ504/505 operated by 303-seater regional configuration of A350.

SQ504 SIN 2220 – 0005+1BLR 359 567
SQ505 BLR 0120 – 0825 SIN 359 167

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -may-2019/
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm

CAPA Research analysed OAG Aviation data on Indian domestic seat capacity for the current week, compared with the corresponding week last year. LCCs contributed 99% of the incremental 445,000 weekly seats, with IndiGo alone accounting for close to 70%.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
voxkel
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 pm

binayak wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:
Something quite interesting...
On one hand DL has hinted that their upcoming India route might be ATL BOM but hasn't announced anything.
On the other hand Indo Americans in Georgia are requesting AI for a flight to ATL.
I highly doubt whether AI will go for it.

Does AI even have the spare aircraft to fly this route?

1 77L will be enough for a three weekly and they have it as SFO is operated by 77W now. However viability is the biggest question. Even if AI targets the entire ATL India traffic, they'll lose the game to DL.


Yeah I don't think AI would have a chance on DEL-ATL or especially BOM-ATL. The reason is 9W hub to DL hub. 9W/DL will perform a lot better on these routes, due to connections at both ends. I am a bit stunned AI was able to start BOM-JFK before DL/9W could.
 
devmapper
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:49 pm

binayak wrote:
Something quite interesting...
On one hand DL has hinted that their upcoming India route might be ATL BOM but hasn't announced anything.
On the other hand Indo Americans in Georgia are requesting AI for a flight to ATL.
I highly doubt whether AI will go for it.


How come all Indian-origin folks living in the US hate AI and yet they demand non-stops to DEL and BOM? I think AI is correct in focusing on improving its existing US routes rather than starting up new ones.

Also, w.r.t. AI starting new services from the US, don't LAX and SEA have better business cases than ATL (or DTW :eek: )?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 15821
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 pm

unrave wrote:
CAPA Research analysed OAG Aviation data on Indian domestic seat capacity for the current week, compared with the corresponding week last year. LCCs contributed 99% of the incremental 445,000 weekly seats, with IndiGo alone accounting for close to 70%.

Link? That says the growth and plummet in yeilds is 70% Indigo's fault.

Ok, being more serious, people pay a premium to fly at the hour of their choice. With so many airports impacted, yeild must be hit.

The next six months of Indian aviation will be too interesting...
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
User avatar
Viman
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:53 pm

lightsaber wrote:
unrave wrote:
CAPA Research analysed OAG Aviation data on Indian domestic seat capacity for the current week, compared with the corresponding week last year. LCCs contributed 99% of the incremental 445,000 weekly seats, with IndiGo alone accounting for close to 70%.

Link? That says the growth and plummet in yeilds is 70% Indigo's fault.

Ok, being more serious, people pay a premium to fly at the hour of their choice. With so many airports impacted, yeild must be hit.

The next six months of Indian aviation will be too interesting...


But this is just the start of expansion, airlines like Indigo, SpiceJet, Go Air, Vistara, Air Asia India and Jet Aiways have ordered around 1000 aeroplanes and now 2 to 3 are being added every week, so Indian aviation will be very interesting for another 6 years instead of months.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 6291
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 am

Nice try though, great that 6E added 70% more capacity, just don't try any new tricks to generate ancillary revenue. No one is going to fall for it in India.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos