binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 am

sand26391 wrote:
Also Indian cities have a lot of 1 stop options to LHR, IMHO the 1 thing 6E will bank more on HAS to be the fares which has to be atleast 30% less than the FSCs. Also how important is Cargo on such routes? I wud assume thats something which an airline has to look closely aswell?


How much cargo can the a321N carry? It is an important factor in long hauls. Plus DEL London seems to be quite a lucrative cargo route as you also have CX operating fifth freedom cargo flights.

BTW talking about cargo, recently jet airways has made a record of lifting 45 tonnes of cargo in their 77W . https://www.jetairways.com/en/in/home.aspx
(check under news column )
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:41 am

I was actually not referring to DEL-London sector, I wanted to know IF 6E launches from say Goa/tier 2 cities to LGW via Baku or TBS.. how important would Cargo play a role in such a sector. Was just curious what airlines think of freight/cargo on long haul intl sectors.


Anyways...
Image
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Tripura government reduces VAT at Agartala airport to 16% from 18%
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:57 am

I don't know why 6E took the landing rights at GYD/TBS when Serbia had come with an offer before. https://www.exyuaviation.com/2018/09/se ... -soon.html
5H-TCG
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:39 am

VTCIE wrote:
I don't know why 6E took the landing rights at GYD/TBS when Serbia had come with an offer before. https://www.exyuaviation.com/2018/09/se ... -soon.html

Going by the article, Serbia would most probably be a P2P flight, not a fuel stop.

Talking about Cargo, if 6E is having only 222 seats, against max of 240, I don't think they want extra weight..
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 am

anshabhi wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
I don't know why 6E took the landing rights at GYD/TBS when Serbia had come with an offer before. https://www.exyuaviation.com/2018/09/se ... -soon.html

Going by the article, Serbia would most probably be a P2P flight, not a fuel stop.

Talking about Cargo, if 6E is having only 222 seats, against max of 240, I don't think they want extra weight..

The lower number of seats indicates that there are likely to be 2-3 rows of extra leg room.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
tayaramecanici
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:24 pm

sibibom wrote:
I remember when Indigo started flying to Bangkok 5 years back from Delhi, they started with all the usual fanfare, but eventually dropped the route. And the crew cost was one of the reason they decided not to do it. Between putting up the crew in a Hotel, paying for they layover, they realised they couldn't be cheaper than legacy carriers. Eventually they did reinstate the route and figured they couldn't be as cheap they claimed they would be.

I feel this route will eventually end up being the same case. Not to be mention LGW isn't the most desired airport for London. Connectivity from there isn't like LHR where one can connect to most parts of UK with ease. Perhaps they should have tried Manchester or Birmingham which have a huge Indian diaspora and not as many options as london area

FYI, LGW has better connection than LHR to rest of UK however LHR has slightly better connection to Central London. LGW is on the Gatwick train line which is a main line with connection to Thameslink, you can connect to rest of UK via St Pancras/Kingcross, which is central london, whereas LHR has only metro line.
''You are as good as your nearest competitor'' Bob Crandall.
 
tayaramecanici
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm

IMHO, Indian aviation is still in its infant stage. I hope with Modi coming again next year this will lead to the Indian aviation turning into its teens and then on to a mature industry. The 1x20a/c also needs to be scrapped.
Unless India increases upto 100M x Rs1miillion tax payers, only than can we say that Indain pax are into a matured industry. The rule of thumb for wage, per aviation pax is $10K/yr. At the moment its close to 200M Indian pax air travellers, including the 10M NRI.
Hence you find Indigo is still experimenting different routes and cannot stand against external competition.
''You are as good as your nearest competitor'' Bob Crandall.
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm

tayaramecanici wrote:
sibibom wrote:
I remember when Indigo started flying to Bangkok 5 years back from Delhi, they started with all the usual fanfare, but eventually dropped the route. And the crew cost was one of the reason they decided not to do it. Between putting up the crew in a Hotel, paying for they layover, they realised they couldn't be cheaper than legacy carriers. Eventually they did reinstate the route and figured they couldn't be as cheap they claimed they would be.

I feel this route will eventually end up being the same case. Not to be mention LGW isn't the most desired airport for London. Connectivity from there isn't like LHR where one can connect to most parts of UK with ease. Perhaps they should have tried Manchester or Birmingham which have a huge Indian diaspora and not as many options as london area

FYI, LGW has better connection than LHR to rest of UK however LHR has slightly better connection to Central London. LGW is on the Gatwick train line which is a main line with connection to Thameslink, you can connect to rest of UK via St Pancras/Kingcross, which is central london, whereas LHR has only metro line.


Correct. I am so accustomed to Heathrow both for my own travel and travel to India I did not realize this till recently. Always fly MIA-LHR on BA. LHR-MAA on BA. Due to heavy booking, we forced to fly my most recent trip FLL-LGW-FLL . Gatwick itself is a mess *BUT* traveling to/from outer London was actually MUCH easier due to Thames Link. Prior to this experience I always thought it was just Airlners.net lore among LGW fanboys that perpetuated this thinking. But actually it's real. Also Victoria is better placed than Paddington for much of Central London so the extra 15-20 minutes into Central London from Gatwick is somewhat offset by getting from Paddington to whatever spot in Central London as well.
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Just on to some unimportant news that came out few days back : of a Bollywood celeb SRK wanting to be the unofficial brand ambassador of AI. He was earlier official brand ambassador of 9W. I wonder with the current 9W turmoil and uncertainty over its future, has got SRK worried about his future freebie travels. So he has himself started cozying up to AI by praising it on social media, hoping to get himself a free ride on the airline. :lol:

https://www.businesstoday.in/top-story/shah-rukh-khan-wants-to-unofficially-be-air-india-brand-ambassador/story/292245.html


Also, some other news : AI with their unfair practices has reappointed the drunk pilot back. Sad. Expect some protests from the unions now.

Air India reverts Arvind Kathpalia to Executive Director's position
https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/aviation/air-india-reverts-arvind-kathpalia-to-executive-director-position/story/292942.html
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:10 pm

I am sure he pulled some political strings. Yet another reason why AI should not be under government control
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:35 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
tayaramecanici wrote:
sibibom wrote:
I remember when Indigo started flying to Bangkok 5 years back from Delhi, they started with all the usual fanfare, but eventually dropped the route. And the crew cost was one of the reason they decided not to do it. Between putting up the crew in a Hotel, paying for they layover, they realised they couldn't be cheaper than legacy carriers. Eventually they did reinstate the route and figured they couldn't be as cheap they claimed they would be.

I feel this route will eventually end up being the same case. Not to be mention LGW isn't the most desired airport for London. Connectivity from there isn't like LHR where one can connect to most parts of UK with ease. Perhaps they should have tried Manchester or Birmingham which have a huge Indian diaspora and not as many options as london area

FYI, LGW has better connection than LHR to rest of UK however LHR has slightly better connection to Central London. LGW is on the Gatwick train line which is a main line with connection to Thameslink, you can connect to rest of UK via St Pancras/Kingcross, which is central london, whereas LHR has only metro line.


Correct. I am so accustomed to Heathrow both for my own travel and travel to India I did not realize this till recently. Always fly MIA-LHR on BA. LHR-MAA on BA. Due to heavy booking, we forced to fly my most recent trip FLL-LGW-FLL . Gatwick itself is a mess *BUT* traveling to/from outer London was actually MUCH easier due to Thames Link. Prior to this experience I always thought it was just Airlners.net lore among LGW fanboys that perpetuated this thinking. But actually it's real. Also Victoria is better placed than Paddington for much of Central London so the extra 15-20 minutes into Central London from Gatwick is somewhat offset by getting from Paddington to whatever spot in Central London as well.

How does, say, NRT vs. HND compare against LHR vs. LGW? Which out of each pair (considering both LON and, in the future, TYO) is more favourable for 6E to serve?
5H-TCG
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:18 am

VTCIE wrote:
How does, say, NRT vs. HND compare against LHR vs. LGW? Which out of each pair (considering both LON and, in the future, TYO) is more favourable for 6E to serve?


Of course LGW. Less airport charges .
Plus now getting LHR slot is highly unlikely .
For Tokyo , HND most probably as slots will be available in 2020.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:37 am

VTCIE wrote:
How does, say, NRT vs. HND compare against LHR vs. LGW? Which out of each pair (considering both LON and, in the future, TYO) is more favourable for 6E to serve?

HND is very close to the city and well connected by public transport. NRT is nearly 100 km away. HND will be the better choice more so considering the increase in slots in the lead up to the 2020 Olympics
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
HAWK21M
Posts: 30037
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am

Whats the update on Tata proposed takeover of 9W
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:22 am

9W closes 4x weekly DEL-DOH and reduces BOM-CJB to 2x daily from 04DEC18
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 am

HAWK21M wrote:
Whats the update on Tata proposed takeover of 9W

Don't expect daily updates lol!! Tata's are not in any hurry for sure.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am

Former CCO of IndiGo Sanjay Kumar joins Air Asia India as COO
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:59 am

DGCA data for October 2018:
October 2018 monthly domestic traffic: 11.8m (+13.34%)
YTD traffic: 114.6m (+20.11%)

Highlights:
51st consecutive month of double digit domestic traffic growth
Traffic for 2017 has been met only in 10 months of 2018
IndiGo becomes the first airline to carry 5m domestic pax in a single month
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:16 am

Suspended Air India pilot Arvind Kathpalia made 'Executive Director'.

https://www.firstpost.com/business/air- ... 87801.html
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 am

SIA Group announced plans to make the following operational changes between Apr-2019 and 2H-2020 ahead of the merger of SilkAir into Singapore Airlines.

> Transfer from SilkAir to Scoot:-
1) Coimbatore, Trivandrum & Visakhapatnam services between May-2019 & Oct-2019.

> Transfer from Scoot to Singapore Airlines:-
1) Bengaluru service in May-2019 and Chennai service in May-2020.

> Transfer from Scoot to SilkAir:
1) Kochi service in Oct-2019.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Passenger on board Jet Airways flight where the pilot forgot to switch pressurization on suffers permanent hearing loss
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 749914.cms
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:23 pm

sand26391 wrote:
SIA Group announced plans to make the following operational changes between Apr-2019 and 2H-2020 ahead of the merger of SilkAir into Singapore Airlines.

> Transfer from SilkAir to Scoot:-
1) Coimbatore, Trivandrum & Visakhapatnam services between May-2019 & Oct-2019.

> Transfer from Scoot to Singapore Airlines:-
1) Bengaluru service in May-2019 and Chennai service in May-2020.

> Transfer from Scoot to SilkAir:
1) Kochi service in Oct-2019.


Does this mean MAA is getting 2 daily SIN-MAA-SIN on SQ in addition to 4x weekly on MI?
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:33 pm

unrave wrote:
Former CCO of IndiGo Sanjay Kumar joins Air Asia India as COO

Wanna take a bet how long will he last?
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:41 pm

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
SIA Group announced plans to make the following operational changes between Apr-2019 and 2H-2020 ahead of the merger of SilkAir into Singapore Airlines.

> Transfer from SilkAir to Scoot:-
1) Coimbatore, Trivandrum & Visakhapatnam services between May-2019 & Oct-2019.

> Transfer from Scoot to Singapore Airlines:-
1) Bengaluru service in May-2019 and Chennai service in May-2020.

> Transfer from Scoot to SilkAir:
1) Kochi service in Oct-2019.


Does this mean MAA is getting 2 daily SIN-MAA-SIN on SQ in addition to 4x weekly on MI?

The routes are being transferred for now. I think there'll be rejig of frequencies later. SQ and MI are merging anyway.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:43 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Wanna take a bet how long will he last?

Who will last longer? Air Asia India the airline or Sanjay Kumar at Air Asia?
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:01 pm

unrave wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Wanna take a bet how long will he last?

Who will last longer? Air Asia India the airline or Sanjay Kumar at Air Asia?

I think TATA took control of AirAsia India now, and now TF and Bo Lingam are out of BOD, it will be easier for TATA to implement changes they have long desire for.

If I am TATA, I will buy GoAir and merge with AirAsia India. At the same time, buy Jet Airways; merge it with Vistara, rejigs its fleet, route. Upper end compete with Air India, lower end with IndiGo. Voila........

*Wishful thinking*
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:31 pm

juliuswong wrote:

If I am TATA, I will buy GoAir and merge with AirAsia India. At the same time, buy Jet Airways; merge it with Vistara, rejigs its fleet, route. Upper end compete with Air India, lower end with IndiGo. Voila........

*Wishful thinking*


Yeah right. TATA's will have to burn most of their precious wealth in just buying off all loss making airlines to run them. Glad you are not the TATA's :lol: :D

Instead I'd like to see some other major Indian conglomerate like Reliance come in to run one of the carriers. But again, Reliance would never do that, they only get into industries guaranteed to make money. 8-)
 
bostrv
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Airlines in other parts of the world have figured out how to unbundle fares, and manage costs so that both a premium and bare bones product can be made available by the same airline, on the same flight.
 
binayak
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:30 pm

bostrv wrote:
Airlines in other parts of the world have figured out how to unbundle fares, and manage costs so that both a premium and bare bones product can be made available by the same airline, on the same flight.


Airlines in India have too. Vistara and jet airways have started BOB in lowest fare buckets of economy.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:40 am

Jewar airport watch: UP government has sanctioned Rs. 1260 towards first phase of land acquisition.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/up-gove ... ai-rum=off

Great work by the authorities concerned to get this project running at a brisk pace.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:52 am

Israeli LCC Arkia is looking at South India for non stop flights to TLV with their A321LR

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ed-453583/
 
sibibom
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:56 am

sand26391 wrote:
Israeli LCC Arkia is looking at South India for non stop flights to TLV with their A321LR

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ed-453583/


COK to Holy land Pilgrimage is a HUGE business now. There is money to be made.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:34 am

COK & BLR are the 2 very likely destinations is what i have heard. Lets see what happens
 
Blerg
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm

I wonder if IndiGo might consider TLV with their A321neo. Or maybe not if they couldn't secure Saudi overfly rights?
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Blerg wrote:
I wonder if IndiGo might consider TLV with their A321neo. Or maybe not if they couldn't secure Saudi overfly rights?


Why A321neo? They can even do it with their A320neo. Not sure why everyone assumes their int'l expansion has to be with the bigger model.

If they can first successfully fill their planes to 186 pax on the 320neo to TLV, they can then consider the bigger model. And range is neither an issue for the smaller model.

They also should maybe consider BOM/BLR-TLV, rather than DEL.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Wasn't Indigo planning to add Medina and other Middle eastern destinations in 2019?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:46 am

The remains of Bhavya Suneja - captain of JT160 - have been identified
http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/2 ... 02778.html
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:12 am

Bosch India Ltd. inaugurated a solar project at Yaragatti village of Belagavi district on Saturday. The plant will supply power exclusively to BIAL and is spread over 70 acres, the plant can generate 14.4 MW of solar power.

Location of the Solar Power Plant:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/15%C2 ... d74.995544
 
Bhadra
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 am

If this in fact goes through during the council meeting in December, it'll be the single most important step taken by the governments of the union in levelling the playing field for Indian Aviation. Hope it happens:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 14091.html
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:06 am

Bhadra wrote:
If this in fact goes through during the council meeting in December, it'll be the single most important step taken by the governments of the union in levelling the playing field for Indian Aviation. Hope it happens:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 14091.html


That depends now on what tax bracket they will put it into. If it's on the higher one's, I don't see much benefit.

Actually would be a loss from some places like Telangana (Hyderabad) and Andhra (?) that have reduced it to very low rates, like 1% if I'm not mistaken. It would then increase at these places where it was lower.
 
Bhadra
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:15 am

avier wrote:
Bhadra wrote:
If this in fact goes through during the council meeting in December, it'll be the single most important step taken by the governments of the union in levelling the playing field for Indian Aviation. Hope it happens:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 14091.html


That depends now on what tax bracket they will put it into. If it's on the higher one's, I don't see much benefit.

Actually would be a loss from some places like Telangana (Hyderabad) and Andhra (?) that have reduced it to very low rates, like 1% if I'm not mistaken. It would then increase at these places where it was lower.


No, it'll be beneficial regardless of the bracket due to input tax credit.
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 am

Bhadra wrote:

No, it'll be beneficial regardless of the bracket due to input tax credit.


Ok. Then you're probably right on that. I don't exactly understand about the way input tax credit works.
I just remember reading about it when GST was introduced for flight tickets, and that (input tax credit) not being applicable for economy , but only for premium classes, or something along those lines.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am

avier wrote:
Ok. Then you're probably right on that. I don't exactly understand about the way input tax credit works.
I just remember reading about it when GST was introduced for flight tickets, and that (input tax credit) not being applicable for economy , but only for premium classes, or something along those lines.

One of the fundamental principles of GST is that it is non cascading: you can offset the GST payable by you on your revenues against the GST you have paid on your expenses. Bringing ATF under the ambit of GST will be a major benefit for the airlines.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm

IndiGo takes a cue from the playbook of RyanAir: You can't check-in online without selecting a seat. You can't select a seat without paying for it.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:05 pm

unrave wrote:
IndiGo takes a cue from the playbook of RyanAir: You can't check-in online without selecting a seat. You can't select a seat without paying for it.


What? That means they basically pay for online check-in (by paying for seat). And airport check-in is free.

That's actually opposite of what Ryanair does. They charge exorbitantly for airport check-in, and encourage pax to do online check-in and print their own boarding pass.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 pm

avier wrote:

What? That means they basically pay for online check-in (by paying for seat). And airport check-in is free.

That's actually opposite of what Ryanair does. They charge exorbitantly for airport check-in, and encourage pax to do online check-in and print their own boarding pass.


I don't exactly know about Ryanair, haven't flown with them ever. I was alluding to the nickel and diming. People prefer to check in online because of the convenience and that now comes at a price.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:25 pm

unrave wrote:
IndiGo takes a cue from the playbook of RyanAir: You can't check-in online without selecting a seat. You can't select a seat without paying for it.

Well middle seats across a/c, and many seats behind emergency exits continue to be free on IndiGo..

https://www.goindigo.in/information/sea ... tails.html

avier wrote:
Bhadra wrote:

No, it'll be beneficial regardless of the bracket due to input tax credit.


Ok. Then you're probably right on that. I don't exactly understand about the way input tax credit works.
I just remember reading about it when GST was introduced for flight tickets, and that (input tax credit) not being applicable for economy , but only for premium classes, or something along those lines.

As an explanation for input tax credit, its like if your company is paying for your ticket, including GST, then they can claim GST paid on your ticket as input tax credit, while filing their taxes. Thus if their total tax amount was 1000 earlier, and they claim 20 as Input tax credit from your ticket, they need to pay only 980 more.
Input tax credit is applicable everywhere, whenever GST is charged. There's 5% GST on economy class too, and that can be claimed as Input tax credit.
Last edited by anshabhi on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1347
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Well middle seats across a/c, and many seats behind emergency exits continue to be free on IndiGo..

https://www.goindigo.in/information/sea ... tails.html

Interesting. Their twitter account has just confirmed that all seats are chargeable
As per our revised policy, all seats will be chargeable for web check-in. Alternatively, you may check-in at the airport for free. Seats will be assigned as per the availability. ~Prabh


Doesn't affect corporate travellers so I didn't see any change.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
avier
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:43 pm

unrave wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Interesting. Their twitter account has just confirmed that all seats are chargeable
As per our revised policy, all seats will be chargeable for web check-in. Alternatively, you may check-in at the airport for free. Seats will be assigned as per the availability. ~Prabh


Doesn't affect corporate travellers so I didn't see any change.


You're actually right. It does show all chargeable for my mum's booking.

However, I have noticed some foreign carriers having done a similar thing, where seats were all chargeable at time of booking, but during the 48hr before flight period when the online check-in can be made, they make the seats available for selection for free except front, exit , extra leg-room rows. I cannot remember which airline, but I'm certain it was something like that.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos