https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... ampaign=TW
9W 737max first flight BOM HYD on July 1
Other routes given in the link.
Start booking!!

Slash787

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:22 pm

binayak wrote:
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.com/2018/06/11/fly-jet-airways-737-max-july/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=TW
Start booking!!

IF you fly on any of these routes then post some pictures man, I hope you also win the contest.

binayak

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 pm

[photoid][/photoid]
Slash787 wrote:
binayak wrote:
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.com/2018/06/11/fly-jet-airways-737-max-july/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=TW
Start booking!!

IF you fly on any of these routes then post some pictures man, I hope you also win the contest.

As an avgeek I'm trying to book one of them. Sad they aren't deploying it in the route I fly the most (BOM CCU). I think Ajay Awtaney from livefromalounge will post pictures the first and I'll definitely share it.
Thanks for wishing my victory in the contest. Did you participate?

Slash787

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Even though this pic is photoshopped, but well this is how the B787 will look in Vistara colours.

Slash787

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:22 pm

binayak wrote:

Sadly I din't participate, I was checking out a post from 9W's FB page where it mentioned that an Indian ground staff in AMS helped a passenger to find his laptop, any idea how many Indian ground staff are based in AMS for 9W? They are the local Indians who have been living in holland or 9W hired them from India and put them there? I thought to ask you as your wife/girlfriend/partner works for 9W.

I remember that there was Indian staff at BRU also before, If in the future there are any job openings for an Indian ground staff for AMS then I won't mind applying, but I assume they would approach the current ground staff already in India for that offer rather than some newbie.

binayak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

Slash787 wrote:
binayak wrote:

Sadly I din't participate, I was checking out a post from 9W's FB page where it mentioned that an Indian ground staff in AMS helped a passenger to find his laptop, any idea how many Indian ground staff are based in AMS for 9W? They are the local Indians who have been living in holland or 9W hired them from India and put them there? I thought to ask you as your wife/girlfriend/partner works for 9W.

I remember that there was Indian staff at BRU also before, If in the future there are any job openings for an Indian ground staff for AMS then I won't mind applying, but I assume they would approach the current ground staff already in India for that offer rather than some newbie.

I don't know the exact number of Indian staff at AMS. They are all hired from India and posted in AMS. Same thing happened for BRU also. And they aren't freshers in the job. So your chances of being directly posted in AMS is negligible. What you guessed is correct.

binayak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2018/
Air Italy to start MXP DEL along with MXP BOM they announced earlier. Traffic between MXP and India is booming. Now you have more pax to MXP than FCO.

Virushka effect? :lol:

unrave

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 am

Isn't Milan the financial hub of Italy? Then it makes sense for boom in traffic from BOM

binayak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am

unrave wrote:
Isn't Milan the financial hub of Italy? Then it makes sense for boom in traffic from BOM

I think in this case the boom is more due to tourism than any business traffic.

sand26391

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 am

Sri Lankan to reduce capacity on CMB-VTZ(Vizag) route to 3x wekly from 18th June. Sees like they are not getting loads on the route?

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm

binayak wrote:
Slash787 wrote:
binayak wrote:

I don't know the exact number of Indian staff at AMS. They are all hired from India and posted in AMS. Same thing happened for BRU also. And they aren't freshers in the job. So your chances of being directly posted in AMS is negligible. What you guessed is correct.

When I flew 9W out of AMS last December, it looked like most staff were KLM (at check in at least). Maybe there were 2 Jet employees plus one KLM employee of Surinamese (meaning Indian) decent at the gate. My issue with 9W in AMS is that KLM handles their flights but it is a special computer system. So you can only get your boarding pass from that specific 9W checkin which is not open the day before. You cannot check in using the 9W app / website or airport kiosk if you are booked on Delta ticket (paid or FF). I really wish they could solve this. At least let Delta issue the boarding pass when you check in in the US. It's really stressful not being checked in well in advance (calling in for seat selection is fine but also a pain for 2018). Anyone know if 9W is looking to fix this? Also 9W didn't use two boarding doors even though the gate had they bridges and they were connecting to the plane (the one that took you into first was only used for Jet staff not for first/business pax - or was this out of BOM - oh well...).

binayak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:

When I flew 9W out of AMS last December, it looked like most staff were KLM (at check in at least). Maybe there were 2 Jet employees plus one KLM employee of Surinamese (meaning Indian) decent at the gate. My issue with 9W in AMS is that KLM handles their flights but it is a special computer system. So you can only get your boarding pass from that specific 9W checkin which is not open the day before. You cannot check in using the 9W app / website or airport kiosk if you are booked on Delta ticket (paid or FF). I really wish they could solve this. At least let Delta issue the boarding pass when you check in in the US. It's really stressful not being checked in well in advance (calling in for seat selection is fine but also a pain for 2018). Anyone know if 9W is looking to fix this? Also 9W didn't use two boarding doors even though the gate had they bridges and they were connecting to the plane (the one that took you into first was only used for Jet staff not for first/business pax - or was this out of BOM - oh well...).

9W ''s FF program is undergoing multiple changes like recently they announced that your jp miles earned after June 30 won't expire. Expect more changes. I think after they launch MAN or after delta starts Mumbai flight, 9W will be closer to ST and ST members FFs might enjoy same advantages as 9W FFs.
And about jet bridges does using one out of the two save cost?

dtw2hyd

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm

binayak wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

9W ''s FF program is undergoing multiple changes like recently they announced that your jp miles earned after June 30 won't expire. Expect more changes. I think after they launch MAN or after delta starts Mumbai flight, 9W will be closer to ST and ST members FFs might enjoy same advantages as 9W FFs.
And about jet bridges does using one out of the two save cost?

His question is about partner airline's inability to issue boarding passes for 9W legs. If I am on DTW-AMS-BOM-HYD. Delta can check baggage all the way but cannot issue AMS-BOM boarding pass. I have to get it at AMS gate.

juliuswong

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 am

IndiGo took delivery of another A320-232ceo. MSN 2195, ex-Royal Brunei V8-RBU and Tigerair 9V-TAB.

Caught landing at Delhi Indira Gandhi Int'l Airport on 8th June 2018 after a quick conversion at XSP: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8974037

Slash787

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:23 am

It seems that the Neo issue is hitting them pretty hard that they are leasing a 14 year old A320.

unrave

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:00 am

juliuswong wrote:
IndiGo took delivery of another A320-232ceo. MSN 2195, ex-Royal Brunei V8-RBU and Tigerair 9V-TAB.

Caught landing at Delhi Indira Gandhi Int'l Airport on 8th June 2018 after a quick conversion at XSP: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8974037

At the time of the Q4 result presentation Rahul Bhatia mentioned that they were quite a few aircraft short than they had planned and are looking to get their hands on ceos on short term leases. There is an important reason why IndiGo is inducting aircraft as fast as the industry can absorb capacity despite the drop in yields: the shortage of slots at all major airports. Grabbing the slots now will put them at a major advantage over rivals.

juliuswong

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 am

unrave wrote:
juliuswong wrote:

At the time of the Q4 result presentation Rahul Bhatia mentioned that they were quite a few aircraft short than they had planned and are looking to get their hands on ceos on short term leases. There is an important reason why IndiGo is inducting aircraft as fast as the industry can absorb capacity despite the drop in yields: the shortage of slots at all major airports. Grabbing the slots now will put them at a major advantage over rivals.

The shortage is most probably due to neo not being delivered fast enough due to PW debacles. They are even turning over those leased A320ceo (leased in to cover neo) fast, now leasing more ceo to cover those leased ceo leaving. IndiGo could look into employing A321 to cover the slot shortage too.

binayak

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:21 pm

binayak

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Recent changes made by 9W with respect to check in baggage.
https://m.economictimes.com/industry/tr ... 610487.cms

vadodara

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm

binayak wrote:
unrave wrote:

I think in this case the boom is more due to tourism than any business traffic.

I would be very curious as how there is tourist flow between Milan and Bombay.

vadodara

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Indigo is certainly betting that infra is going to be limited for a while. Better to squat on the slots.

binayak

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:45 pm

vadodara wrote:
Indigo is certainly betting that infra is going to be limited for a while. Better to squat on the slots.

Frankly speaking every airport has learned from BOM. So I don't think there will be any more BOM in the country. In fact currently barring BOM, DEL no airport has any shortage of slots.

sand26391

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Seems like IndiGo will start flights from Surat soon. STV shows up on the 6E website with flights to BLR/MAA/JAI/DEL/BOM/CCU

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 am

sand26391 wrote:
Seems like IndiGo will start flights from Surat soon. STV shows up on the 6E website with flights to BLR/MAA/JAI/DEL/BOM/CCU

So many destination at once. Aggressive capacity dumping I see. WWWAS (or whatever they are) must be delighted.

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 am

vadodara wrote:

I would be very curious as how there is tourist flow between Milan and Bombay.

It's quite normal. There are lots of travel agency and tour operators who are BOM based. So their tour starts from BOM irrespective of which place the traveller is from.
Suppose someone from MAA wants to visit EU with say veena world travels then he has to report to BOM to start his tour.

anshabhi

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 am

binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

So many destination at once. Aggressive capacity dumping I see. WWWAS (or whatever they are) must be delighted.

This coupled with new intl flight to Sharjah! Truly Acche Din for them !!
unrave wrote:
juliuswong wrote:

Point to be noted: Their a/c are not flying empty at any point of time and average load factors are above 90% even today.

sand26391

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 am

binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

The hilarious thing of these WWWAS guys are that they are TRYING to equate Dubai to SHJ saying ki SHJ IS Dubai and connections are good.. etc etc( on their FB page). The WWWAS guys were expecting STV-DXB but got STV-SHJ, you guys must check out their FB group. Its hilarious how they are trying to say SHJ & DXB are same. Its honestly one of the most comedy "aviation" groups online.

But other than these WWWAS jokers, it's good to see STV getting new flights. Better late than never I guess.

anshabhi

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 am

sand26391 wrote:
binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

The hilarious thing of these WWWAS guys are that they are TRYING to equate Dubai to SHJ saying ki SHJ IS Dubai and connections are good.. etc etc( on their FB page). The WWWAS guys were expecting STV-DXB but got STV-SHJ, you guys must check out their FB group. Its hilarious how they are trying to say SHJ & DXB are same. Its honestly one of the most comedy "aviation" groups online.

But other than these WWWAS jokers, it's good to see STV getting new flights. Better late than never I guess.

The road distance between SHJ-DXB is about 24km/20 mins. Not a considerably big distance anyways, if you're a P2P pax. Transiting would be difficult surely.

dtw2hyd

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 am

binayak wrote:
WWWAS must be delighted.

As long as the 6E equipment is not Fan Wali Chidiya.

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:
WWWAS must be delighted.

No one knows what their demands are. Later they might even demand a badi chidiya (a330) from indigo. :lol:

sand26391

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am

anshabhi wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
binayak wrote:

The road distance between SHJ-DXB is about 24km/20 mins. Not a considerably big distance anyways, if you're a P2P pax. Transiting would be difficult surely.

I wasn't talking about wrt to time taken, I was talking about how the group considers SHJ as DXB and expecting easy transits like DXB in SHJ. The WWWAS guys were expecting DXB flight. SHJ is no doubt very close to DXB, but a pax flying to the UK/NA/EU wud still prefer to fly via DXB than say SHJ via G9. If STV has a lot of pax just to Dubai, then SHJ is fine... buy IMO it may be a problem for those pax who want to fly say to NA/UK. There are ppl in the group NOW demanding non stop LHR flights from STV( AI 788).

Anyways Spicejet has announced 14 new flights from July 1st. Some of them are MAA-RJA, BLR-RJA(2x), BLR-BOM, BLR-Tuticorin, PAT-PNQ

sand26391

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 pm

binayak wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:
WWWAS must be delighted.

No one knows what their demands are. Later they might even demand a badi chidiya (a330) from indigo. :lol:

A few flights from STV will be fan wali chidiya AFAIK...

vadodara

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:55 pm

sand26391 wrote:
binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

The WWWAS jokes are certainly warranted; however, they are not demanding any govt. freebies in lieu of an Air India hub. Good for Surat to get connectivity.

vadodara

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:56 pm

binayak wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:
WWWAS must be delighted.

That's for Naresh Goyal's ego! Chaar Engine wali chidiya (A340).

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 pm

vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:

Please explain how you relate my post with yours.
BTW once again you're confused. Chaar engine waali chidiya was Vijay Mallya's ego (a340 and a380). Naresh goyal had said that his airline won't order any 4 engine a/c . There was only 1 in jet's fleet that too leased.

anshabhi

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:28 pm

sand26391 wrote:

Anyways Spicejet has announced 14 new flights from July 1st. Some of them are MAA-RJA, BLR-RJA(2x), BLR-BOM, BLR-Tuticorin, PAT-PNQ

Any info on when are they getting the MAX?

vadodara

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:36 pm

binayak wrote:
vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:

Please explain how you relate my post with yours.
BTW once again you're confused. Chaar engine waali chidiya was Vijay Mallya's ego (a340 and a380). Naresh goyal had said that his airline won't order any 4 engine a/c . There was only 1 in jet's fleet that too leased.

Were you taking a jibe at WWWAS? Yes, their 'lobbying' for flights might be a little uncouth but their demands for connectivity not truly unreasonable.

No one knows what their demands are. Later they might even demand a badi chidiya (a330) from indigo.

Sure, they may make any number of demands from likes of Indigo, Spice and so forth. That is not the same as govt. doling out free money or favors to Air India or Jet Airways. If I recall, Jet Airways did fly a A340 from BOM to Johannesburg and a sequence of actions like those led to its current financial state.

Lets be honest, were it not for Jet Airways political connections, the airline might look a lot different that it is today. Let people living in glass houses not throw stones.

pg89

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Sorry for being a noob, but what is WWWAS?

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:56 pm

pg89 wrote:

Surat fanboys. Check their facebook page and you'll get to know the rest. The reason we are talking about them here is because they were once spamming airlines'fb pages asking for flights to STV.

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:32 pm

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 691_1.html

Recent happenings at Indigo. We've seen this before. Why are they repeating other's mistakes ?

dtw2hyd

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 pm

binayak wrote:
pg89 wrote:

Surat fanboys. Check their facebook page and you'll get to know the rest. The reason we are talking about them here is because they were once spamming airlines'fb pages asking for flights to STV.

+ They are also scared of turboprops. So airlines have to operate at minimum an A320 or 737.

BOMFlyer

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Does anyone know why the Lufthansa stopped operating the A350 for LH764/765?

pg89

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:59 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:
pg89 wrote:

+ They are also scared of turboprops. So airlines have to operate at minimum an A320 or 737.

Hahaha thanks both. I never knew something like this existed. :)

sand26391

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:02 pm

anshabhi wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

I have no clue to be honest.

sand26391

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 pm

pg89 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:

Trust me, if you just go through the groups comments you will find 100 airline CEO/Network planner/route devs wannabes who are working part time as diamond traders. Its fun to watch how they once did some sort of dharna in the middle of Surat city to attract more airlines from all over India, less than 30 ppl turned up whereas there were 100 of comments saying they will turn up. Till now they completely hated IndiGo as the airline did not fly to STV, once they did come to know that 6E wants to base an ATR, instead of being happy and elated.... they were pissed off. Just as DTW2HYD said, they only want the 737s/320s to fly to STV.

But jokes aside it indeed news fr STV pax to get more flights throughout India plus AIX will begin flights to SHJ. Good luck! :)

pg89

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm

BOMFlyer wrote:
Does anyone know why the Lufthansa stopped operating the A350 for LH764/765?

I believe they've been redeployed to CPT and JFK... Atleast that's what the latest schedule changes seem to say.

binayak

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

sand26391 wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

I have no clue to be honest.

Ajay Singh had even said once that his airline will be the first indian one to have in flight wifi. But I don't see this happening

pg89

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 pm

sand26391 wrote:
pg89 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Trust me, if you just go through the groups comments you will find 100 airline CEO/Network planner/route devs wannabes who are working part time as diamond traders. Its fun to watch how they once did some sort of dharna in the middle of Surat city to attract more airlines from all over India, less than 30 ppl turned up whereas there were 100 of comments saying they will turn up. Till now they completely hated IndiGo as the airline did not fly to STV, once they did come to know that 6E wants to base an ATR, instead of being happy and elated.... they were pissed off. Just as DTW2HYD said, they only want the 737s/320s to fly to STV.

But jokes aside it indeed news fr STV pax to get more flights throughout India plus AIX will begin flights to SHJ. Good luck! :)

Haha! I've met these kinds in person. I hope the AI business is sorted before they can get down to demanding widebody links to Tel Aviv and Antwerp... But then again, they did tragically lose their sole flight to a buffalo four years ago, so I understand their fear...

But yes, I'm also glad STV has better links now - it was absurd how authorities thought a city of 5 million could manage with road transfers to BOM.
Last edited by pg89 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pg89

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Sorry, duplicate post. Requesting the moderators to delete.

binayak

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Another puff piece about indigo's long haul plans
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... m=referral

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos