Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

User001

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:44 am

Apparently Air India is close to launching a 3 weekly DEL-MAN flight. I dont have a public source but comes from the similar source who told me about 9W BOM-MAN so trust him.

Also MAN (and LGW) related, Air India will begin a partnership with Thomas Cook this winter to provide onward connections for the MAN/LGW-GOI flights to DEL/BLR/BOM.

anshabhi

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Irehdna wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
VT-ALF moved into Nagpur MX base. Probably for heavy mx and new cabins.

Out of curiosity, then, how can AI maintain 9x weekly DEL-SFO-DEL with only 2 77L's. The math doesn't add up. Would't be surprised if they put in 77W's with fuel stops in Japan or Scandanavia for the time being.

On AI website, AI 183 now comes up as B77W and the entire cabin is bookable. Which means, they are flying without any load restrictions.

VTORD

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:21 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

VT-ALF moved into Nagpur MX base. Probably for heavy mx and new cabins.

Did VT-ALH already get the new fit (cabins)? About 6 weeks ago it spend quite a bit of time in Nagpur....

vadodara

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:50 pm

binayak wrote:
Slash787 wrote:
I am really bad at decoding stuff, can anyone tell me wtf is WWWWWWWAS?

Precisely
WWWAS is
We Work for Working Airport at Surat.
Rest info
Bunch of Surat fanboys who think 30% of BOM traffic is from Surat and thus spam airlines fb pages asking for flights. They are scared of turboprops .

You are entitled to your opinion, you can question their tactics but you cannot fundamentally question their demand.

I find it assuming that the BOM fan boys here, mostly AI and Jet Airways employees who live off govt. hand-outs posting editorials on a very reasonable demand for connectivity.

BTW, I am not from Surat and this statement
30% of BOM traffic is from Surat
is rather modest. If you have the data, why dont you share what the true #'s are of the traffic origin's for BOM.

sand26391

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 pm

We sure hell don't have the data but where did these WWWAS Jokers get their data from to say such fake statements? We are just saying what these jokers post on their FB/Twitter page.

dtw2hyd

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Now Suratis are worried that 6E's entry may ward off other airlines.

binayak

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm

vadodara wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion, you can question their tactics but you cannot fundamentally question their demand.

It was more of a joke. None of us are against STV getting more connectivity.
I find it assuming that the BOM fan boys here, mostly AI and Jet Airways employees who live off govt. hand-outs posting editorials on a very reasonable demand for connectivity.

Don't include me in that cuz my job is nowhere related to aviation.
is rather modest. If you have the data, why dont you share what the true #'s are of the traffic origin's for BOM.

So you think that 30% BOM traffic i.e 16 million pax last year traveled from Surat to CSIA. Why didn't any travel company from surat have any daily high frequency bus service b/w surat and CSIA?
If a person from surat, living in Bombay is travelling from BOM, there is no contribution of surat in it. Such pax will never take a flight from STV

binayak

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Now Suratis are worried that 6E's entry may ward off other airlines.

So why don't they ask 6E only for more and more flights?

recently saw Punjabis asking for an ATQ-AMS to 9W. Strange why they want AMS. Could've better asked for restarting LHR/MAN (more probable)

dtw2hyd

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

binayak wrote:

They also know 6E is not in the business of developing new routes. They just dump capacity and lower prices to chase out original developers.

binayak wrote:
Could've better asked for restarting LHR/MAN (more probable)

Apparently, a UK Member of Parliament is lobbying Indian carriers to do the same.

binayak

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:

They also know 6E is not in the business of developing new routes. They just dump capacity and lower prices to chase out original developers.

That's true . However now the aviation industry has developed enough so as to let every carrier survive in the market. 6E's dumping tactics worked even better when they weren't listed. BTW any more puff pieces on their long haul plans?

dtw2hyd

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm

New AI uniforms are horrible, hope crew is not chased by dogs and bulls in India.

sand26391

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:42 pm

But ATQ can potentially have atleast 1 more EU flight? Ofcourse there's lot more to it than just adding a new flight by AI/9W/AF/BA etc. Any idea on How's the AI flight to BHX doing from ATQ? Just curious as I feel ATQ has lot more to offer than STV in terms of Int'l flight's

VTORD

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 pm

sand26391 wrote:
But ATQ can potentially have atleast 1 more EU flight? Ofcourse there's lot more to it than just adding a new flight by AI/9W/AF/BA etc. Any idea on How's the AI flight to BHX doing from ATQ? Just curious as I feel ATQ has lot more to offer than STV in terms of Int'l flight's

Read on twitter somewhere that AI wants to re-start YYZ? It was related to a tweet about the "revamped" uniforms. Should AI swap their AMD-LHR-EWR flight for ATQ-BHX-YYZ?

dtw2hyd wrote:
New AI uniforms are horrible, hope crew is not chased by dogs and bulls in India.

More bad money after bad....so what's new?

vadodara

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

binayak wrote:

So you think that 30% BOM traffic i.e 16 million pax last year traveled from Surat to CSIA. Why didn't any travel company from surat have any daily high frequency bus service b/w surat and CSIA?
If a person from surat, living in Bombay is travelling from BOM, there is no contribution of surat in it. Such pax will never take a flight from STV

Important for the Bombay hub wallah's to prove that.

As far as I am concerned, open up Surat and Vadodara and Rajkot and Nashik and Pune to unlimited international flights. Let's see where the #'s fall then.

binayak

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm

vadodara wrote:

As far as I am concerned, open up Surat and Vadodara and Rajkot and Nashik and Pune to unlimited international flights. Let's see where the #'s fall then.

I can predict what will happen.
1.Subsidized ME3 will flood up the market like anything.
2.Few legacy EU carriers might fold and whine like DL. (Due to extreme competition not lack of premium pax)
3.The only few metros in India which have non stops to various EU/US cities won't have any more of it.
4.Our aviation sector will be sold to subsidized foreign carriers i.e destroyed in a way.

Alternative can be let the cities you mentioned can have multiple dailies to BOM/DEL and a few int'l flights to middle east. Even I know that travelling by bus for 200 kms and catching an int'l flight is tiresome so better connect all those cities to hubs by air itself. Don't get offended by the jokes we make of WWWAS. We all know the importance of connecting small cities to bigger ones by air.

sand26391

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Out of these.. only PNQ has the chance to do well in EU market, that also limited to say FRA/LHR maybe. The Surats, Rajkots, Nashiks will ONLY do well in GCC markets like SHJ/AUH/BAH/KWI/DOH. None of them can actually handle any long haul intl traffic.

vadodara

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Subsidized ME3 will flood up the market like anything.

I think u meant legacy American airline (DL). In anycase, you seem to be stealing DL's line here.
Few legacy EU carriers might fold and whine like DL. (Due to extreme competition not lack of premium pax)

Then the larger point is, an Air India, recieving $2bb of Govt. money (but it is not subsidized, mind you) cannot seem to compete even with the ST bus.

binayak wrote:
vadodara wrote:
Alternative can be let the cities you mentioned can have multiple dailies to BOM/DEL and a few int'l flights to middle east. Even I know that travelling by bus for 200 kms and catching an int'l flight is tiresome so better connect all those cities to hubs by air itself. Don't get offended by the jokes we make of WWWAS. We all know the importance of connecting small cities to bigger ones by air.

Again, the pipe dream of the Bombay/Delhi 'hub' wallahs. Deciding what is the best way to spend 'other' people's money.

Atleast the WWWAS guys dont use tax payer money to spam their message.

Slash787

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

vadodara wrote:

Btw are you the city of Baroda?

globetrotter94

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

I actually think they're an improvement over the current offering. The current color of female cabin crew uniform (that bright yellow/orange) is way too garish.

Slash787

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 pm

sibibom

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:30 am

where are the pics of the so called new "maharaja" class?

The sarees are just a new design/colour, nothing really has changed, but then what real changes can we expect from Air India at this point?

binayak

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:55 am

vadodara wrote:

Again, the pipe dream of the Bombay/Delhi 'hub' wallahs. Deciding what is the best way to spend 'other' people's money.

Atleast the WWWAS guys dont use tax payer money to spam their message.

So all the small city wallahs are against the policy of a hub. It's alright .Everyone has his own view. But they seem to crave for int'l flights so that they can feed their traffic to ME hubs.
Hypocrisy at its best

And remember that the AI you keep bashing and call as "Club Bombay" did fly 744s in loss making routes like AMD-FRA-EWR. The same airline today flies AMD-LHR-EWR which is their only loss making India-US route. They have kept such routes which are nothing but waste of aircraft and LHR slots.
If you all really want to show your int'l potential then why don't you ask 6E/SG to launch int'l ops.from those cities. BTW the only int'l flight out of STV is being launched by AI subsidiary only.

binayak

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:56 am

sibibom wrote:

The sarees are just a new design/colour, nothing really has changed, but then what real changes can we expect from Air India at this point?

Only upholstery , cutlery , amenity kits are changed. Did you expect AI to design new cabins?

sibibom

Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 am

Amid trade war, India offers to buy 1,000 planes, more oil from US

Amid the ongoing trade war, India is seeking to buy peace with the US by offering to order nearly 1,000 civilian aircraft over the next 7-8 years and step up oil and gas purchase from the world's largest trader. This was conveyed by commerce minister Suresh Prabhu to his US counterpart during their talks last week.

source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 705294.cms

I am not sure who is going to buy these aircraft...Spicejet and Jet are already using Boeing(and have a decent backlog of 300 amongst themselves), Air India widebodies too. Maybe Air India may shift to MAX (along with Air India Express). But I still can't see 1000 aircraft in next 7-8 years unless Indigo, Go and Vistara are nudged to tow the line. Would be quite unfair in my opinion.

pg89

Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:43 am

binayak wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Only upholstery , cutlery , amenity kits are changed. Did you expect AI to design new cabins?

Wouldn't have minded seeing that though. The current upholstery scheme reminds me of a diarrhoea colour chart. Atleast they won't have the air hostesses wearing the same now.

Why did they add 'direct' after Maharaja though? Maharaja by itself was a perfectly interesting name for a premium class product and related well to the mascot.

pg89

Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:07 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

IMO this is an improvement over their existing diarrhoea inspired colour scheme. It's not chic, but I'm glad they aren't dropping saris and suits for soulless tunics and western wear. Its one of the few positive things that gives AI some kind of distinctive identity - the traditional attire and the food.

Getting chased by dogs and bulls is a bit of an overstatement. By that logic, VS crew should be gored to death every time they land in Delhi and 9W's canary yellow jackets should induce seizures in 5% of all passengers.

unrave

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:20 am

binayak wrote:

So all the small city wallahs are against the policy of a hub. It's alright .Everyone has his own view. But they seem to crave for int'l flights so that they can feed their traffic to ME hubs.
Hypocrisy at its best

Flying out of ME3/SIN/BKK/KUL is a million times better than the cesspools of BOM/DEL/MAA though.
When I fly CJB-SYD I clear immigration at CJB in a total of 5 minutes, and connect at the best airport in the world for transfers (SIN). When I fly BOM-SYD I take 90 minutes to clear immigration on a good day.

sand26391

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:42 am

^^I agree with your point regarding BOM Immigration, took me around 70 mins when i flew 9W118, since then stopped flying via BOM. Has happened multiple times when flying out of BOM. Have not flown via DEL, so cannot comment. Flew last year from MAA and immigration was a Pain, both arrivals and Departure. So hence I always prefer to fly from BLR via DXB/DOH and just last week via BAH. BLR immigration took me around 15 mins at 0400hrs ...

I hope Biometrics/Aadhar implementation can reduce the imigration times at BOM/DEL/MAA. Such airports need to implement what the likes of SIN have implemented.... No exit stamp and immigration done in 5 mins flat. ,oCA taking ages to finalise the Biometric policy, was recently told in a meeting that DEL/BLR/HYD and BOM(not sure) are ready to deploy the biometric/aadhar fingerprint thingy for domestic flights but awaiting MoCA policy and other stuffs. So lets see...

pg89

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 am

unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:

Hypocrisy at its best

Flying out of ME3/SIN/BKK/KUL is a million times better than the cesspools of BOM/DEL/MAA though.
When I fly CJB-SYD I clear immigration at CJB in a total of 5 minutes, and connect at the best airport in the world for transfers (SIN). When I fly BOM-SYD I take 90 minutes to clear immigration on a good day.

MAA sure is a cesspool, but I feel you're giving BOM T2 and DEL T3 an unfair reputation. Every airport does not need a mile long duty free like DXB or a butterfly garden like SIN. BOM and DEL are perfectly functional facilities that have an appreciable selection of transit entertainment and facilities, and unlike DXB or SIN, are not completely dependent on transfer passengers who have hours to kill between flights. Even so, I quite like browsing through the art collection at BOM - its far more authentic than figuring out which of the ten Starbucks to sit at while in DXB. And 90 mins for immigration sounds very exaggerated to a frequent user of both facilities. In my experience, the airport that fares anywhere as bad as that is LHR.

Also, you're basing the entire non-metro experience on your own journey and forgetting multiple realities. When my elderly relative has to travel from JAI to LHR, she'd rather transit through DEL where she knows she can communicate with staff and manage a solo transit, than be lost in a huge, foreign airport with lots of shops but a considerable cultural gap.

anshabhi

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:06 pm

binayak wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Did they fix the broken business seats? For the first time, I am at-least liking all these hype created by AI for nothing substantial on ground. AI needs to do more such publicity.

On another note, it looks like 9W's MAX flew PRG-DEL (3,557 mi) nonstop on its last delivery leg. How far could it go with full load? AMS-ATQ is 3,710 mi

dtw2hyd

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:38 pm

pg89 wrote:
Getting chased by dogs and bulls is a bit of an overstatement. By that logic, VS crew should be gored to death every time they land in Delhi and 9W's canary yellow jackets should induce seizures in 5% of all passengers.

Ok, local fauna may be familiar with crew attire, I would put a note on Madrid schedule to skip red.

Are there any details of this premium cabin reveal. AI should know cabin reveal is not a family gathering with ministers as chief guests.

No details of seat manufacturer or type. Could be just seats removed from VT-ALV/X.
Other than the new uniforms everything is secret, probably contract hasn't been signed yet.
Uniforms will be sourced from one of the two dear leader's constituencies. No corruption there.

Based on cryptic messages
0) It is called Maharaja Direct,
1) Still, there is a first class. Based on Lyin Choubey's statement.
2) New uniforms
3) Woolen blankets
4) iPads
5) One FA said, more leg room during Zee Business TV interview.
6) New ambiance, could be just different color from color shifting LEDs or incense sticks, palm/tarot card reading???
7) More western/Indian/regional food options.

pg89

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
pg89 wrote:

Ok, local fauna may be familiar with crew attire, I would put a note on Madrid schedule to skip red.

Much humor. Very wow. Point making on fleek mate. -_-

binayak

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am

unrave wrote:

At BOM the problem has increased because a bunch of immigration counters are not utilized . If all of the counters are utilized then it will take much lesser time for immigration.

sand26391 wrote:
^^I agree with your point regarding BOM Immigration, took me around 70 mins when i flew 9W118, since then stopped flying via BOM. Has happened multiple times when flying out of BOM. Have not flown via DEL, so cannot comment. Flew last year from MAA and immigration was a Pain, both arrivals and Departure. So hence I always prefer to fly from BLR via DXB/DOH and just last week via BAH. BLR immigration took me around 15 mins at 0400hrs ...

Strange that you faced it during an after noon departure as that is during non peak hours

anshabhi

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 am

At DEL, it has never taken more than 20 minutes from Check In to Security (including immigration) for me ever. On landing, when I am at the end of Y cabins, immigration could take upto 30 mins, but in general its quite good.

globetrotter94

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:56 am

anshabhi wrote:
At DEL, it has never taken more than 20 minutes from Check In to Security (including immigration) for me ever. On landing, when I am at the end of Y cabins, immigration could take upto 30 mins, but in general its quite good.

Yeah, but that's DEL. BOM immigration is a whole different story.

anshabhi

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:55 am

AI has made some considerable upgrades on homepage of its website - airindia.in . This honestly deserves more attention.

anshabhi

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:38 pm

AI to increase TLV frequency to daily!!
State-run carrier Air India's Delhi-Tel Aviv non-stop will become a daily flight shortly, with the airline giving its seal of approval to the proposal, encouraged by the 80 per cent and above occupancy rate, sources in the airline said.
"The success of the service is a testament to the strengthening of diplomatic ties between India and Israel and growing people to people contact between the two countries. We are working on the last minute details before announcing the increase in frequency to all days from thrice a week," they said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 718544.cms

sand26391

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Yes @binayak, that's what kinda triggered me. The point I was making is.. thouhh it was non peak hour, I chose BOM. But the officers were terribly slow and chit chatting. I even wrote to customs regarding this along with their names. So thats the end of my BOM saga. Hopefully this year I can get to try DEL immigration :-)

dtw2hyd

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:52 pm

It appears Israelis have embraced this service. Indians will wait on Indigo or Vistara to start service.

dtw2hyd

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:01 pm

sand26391 wrote:
But the officers were terribly slow and chit chatting. I even wrote to customs regarding this along with their names. So thats the end of my BOM saga....

That is not 100% true. Not denying you may have had issues, but I when came thru Mumbai this April, it was quick. In 2016 lines were long because of very few open counters.

Based on my observation of SkyTeam US-India itineraries, cheapest fares always include BLR (or) CDG. People are paying more to go thru Mumbai. I don't mind BLR-HYD fan wali chidiya, but 9W gave me a cold sandwich, seriously.

unrave

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Any data to show that this service appeals to Israelis more than Indians

Blerg

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:15 pm

I wonder how many Israelis actually connected at DEL. I am sure AI relied on these travellers when they launched these flights.

Could AI actually become a convenient option for Israel-Australia market?

Slash787

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:11 pm

unrave wrote:

Indians who are travelling to Israel, don't they have a problem entering Arab countries with an Israeli stamp?

sand26391

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:15 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
But the officers were terribly slow and chit chatting. I even wrote to customs regarding this along with their names. So thats the end of my BOM saga....

That is not 100% true. Not denying you may have had issues, but I when came thru Mumbai this April, it was quick. In 2016 lines were long because of very few open counters.

Based on my observation of SkyTeam US-India itineraries, cheapest fares always include BLR (or) CDG. People are paying more to go thru Mumbai. I don't mind BLR-HYD fan wali chidiya, but 9W gave me a cold sandwich, seriously.

Ofcourse maybe it was just a bad day for me and the pax along ith me, but when i was speaking to another pax regardng this at the gate.. she told me she seen this way too many times before. 1 of the reasons i chose BOM was to meet my relatives for a week. Food was OK, not that great on 9W. Wud Ii fly 9W again from BOM? No, as u said the connections from BLR are indeed cheaper end of the day. But AF is a NO GO.

sand26391

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 pm

binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

Recently BIAL did say that they were in talks with US and Indian carriers for a non stop flight to the US and it will happen "soon" or "sooner than we think". The BLR-SFO market handled 135,200 O&D pax in 2017 with a 4% growth acc to Sabre. So i guess its just matter of time.

Recently DL has announced they'll fly to Mumbai non stop next year. I think there is a possibility that DL might try BLR too since that's a growing 9W hub. Maybe BLR JFK /SEA.

Possible, but I wud still give it some time. Even SYD airport CEO recently said in an interview that they are looking at BLR (& BOM) for non stop flights. Now that BOM will get connected to SYD thanks to 9W... so chances of BLR being next is high.
Now from where 9W will get the WB for such routes.. i dont have a clue. But Medium haul intl destinations from BLR will be launched, thanks to 9W MAX.
Plus there are rumours of 6E launching Long Haul ops from DEL in WS 18/19, so lets see how credible that news is.

abrelosojos

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 pm

My Indian friends, didn't IC have sarees like these? Or, was it green?

Saludos,
Alex

anshabhi

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Blerg wrote:
I wonder how many Israelis actually connected at DEL. I am sure AI relied on these travellers when they launched these flights.

Could AI actually become a convenient option for Israel-Australia market?

Actually, could be. There have been reports of AI wanting to increase the frequency on Australia routes too. The TLV-DEL AI 140 arrives at 8:30 AM and Australia flights depart at 12:15 PM and 1:15 PM. So that's a layover of about 4 hours. Still not very bad.

What are the transit visa requirements for India?

Also, the timings don't sync for return flights.

binayak

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:34 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Possible, but I wud still give it some time. Even SYD airport CEO recently said in an interview that they are looking at BLR (& BOM) for non stop flights. Now that BOM will get connected to SYD thanks to 9W... so chances of BLR being next is high.
Now from where 9W will get the WB for such routes.. i dont have a clue. But Medium haul intl destinations from BLR will be launched, thanks to 9W MAX.
Plus there are rumours of 6E launching Long Haul ops from DEL in WS 18/19, so lets see how credible that news is.

If SYD airport want a non stop to India, I feel we might see the return of QF. BOM SYD has been rumoured by 9W. Then QF can try and do BLR.
9W can easily get spare WBs. Take back the 3 a332s from TK and also stop sending WBs to KWI/JED. once slot issues in BOM are over. If possible spare another a332 by down gauging one of the two daily BOM SIN to a 73M. After all the capacity is being shifted to SYD.

globetrotter94

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:43 am

Slash787 wrote:
unrave wrote:

Indians who are travelling to Israel, don't they have a problem entering Arab countries with an Israeli stamp?

I have never been, personally, but I have heard there are ways around this. For example, Israeli immigration actually stamps a separate piece of paper, and then staples it to the passport so it is easily detachable. Travelling with multiple passports is also an option, although I have never had the need to inquire whether the Indian government allows a citizen to hold multiple passports.

globetrotter94

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 am

abrelosojos wrote:
My Indian friends, didn't IC have sarees like these? Or, was it green?

Saludos,
Alex

Not sure, but my quick search suggests so. In this old ad from IC, the saree is a maroon-ish color: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxghv31TqAM

I also found an image of IC crew on Google Images where the saree is blue. So the colors certainly match up.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos