planemanofnz

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - April 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:45 am

Flyerqf wrote:
Still only utilizing 10 of the 12 A380s. They are still only having 1 in maintenance at a time so have an operational spare. Presumably either HKG goes A380 or they start doing maintenance on 2 concurrently.

Thinking outside the box - they could replace 2x AKL Tasman services with 1x 388 one, freeing up 332's / 738's, for domestic, Tasman or Asian expansion.

SYD - AKL is already ~6x daily on QF, and QF may be facing increasing pressure from NZ creating an almost sole wide-body operation on SYD / MEL - AKL.

Cheers,

C.

JBusworth

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:
Still only utilizing 10 of the 12 A380s. They are still only having 1 in maintenance at a time so have an operational spare. Presumably either HKG goes A380 or they start doing maintenance on 2 concurrently.

Thinking outside the box - they could replace 2x AKL Tasman services with 1x 388 one, freeing up 332's / 738's, for domestic, Tasman or Asian expansion.

SYD - AKL is already ~6x daily on QF, and QF may be facing increasing pressure from NZ creating an almost sole wide-body operation on SYD / MEL - AKL.

Cheers,

C.

I think for QF it is better to compete with frequency on 332/738s rather than putting 388s to AKL. I'd say HK would be a good A380 candidate for the other frame, if it isn't being taken out for maintenance. Does HK use 1 frame only?

RyanairGuru

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

HKG only requires one frame. Between SYD-HKG in peak season and aircraft refurbishment in slower months I think that would cover the fleet. Keep in mind that other than December/January they only schedule 11/12 before starting cabin refurbishment and repainting.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

getluv

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:

Cheers,

C.

SYD-AKL is 5x day. (2xA332 3xB737 Monday-Friday, 1x332 4x737 on weekends)

You will probably see more upgauging to the A330. I know QF are replacing some A332s services with A333s within a weeks notice due to high demand.

I still think using A380s would be a waste of resources and impossible when all 12 are rostered on at the same time.
Last edited by getluv on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You meant lose, not loose.

planemanofnz

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 pm

getluv wrote:
SYD-AKL is 5x day. (2xA330 3xB737 Monday-Friday, 1x330 4x737 on weekends)

I was counting the QF code-share service on LA metal too, which brings it to 6x daily, though I agree that it's unlikely for QF to deploy a 388 to AKL.

Cheers,

C.

Kashmon

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 pm

SYDSpotter wrote:
Kashmon wrote:
Well the HKG side from what I have heard insists it is QF pulling the strings and halting talks

Time to get a new source...

Kashmon wrote:
QF used to have a hub in HK, but they got out foxed, it makes sense that they would want to restrict a competitor from HK....

Google Jetstar Hong Kong and then lets have another conversation about "free competition"

last I checked Australia does not allow foreign owned carriers to operate international flights out of Australia....

Cathay would not have objected if it was allowed to operate international flights from Australia to any city in the world!!

Jetstar wanted to use HK's international rights.

as others have said
if Cathay got more slots the AU airlines would struggle
it is clear the government is limiting CX to benefit its own airlines

as for UAE- QF never had a big operation there so the AU government did not care- same with China
QF wanted beyond rights at SIN so SIN was purely for QF's gain not the customer.

anyways the point is CX could be flying 3 daily to PER but the Australian government does not mind limiting the choice for its own people for QF's benefit.

Kashmon

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Kashmon wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:
Kashmon wrote:
Well the HKG side from what I have heard insists it is QF pulling the strings and halting talks

Kashmon wrote:
QF used to have a hub in HK, but they got out foxed, it makes sense that they would want to restrict a competitor from HK....

Google Jetstar Hong Kong and then lets have another conversation about "free competition"

last I checked Australia does not allow foreign owned carriers to operate an international airline based in Australia with right to fly to any city on earth

Cathay would not have objected if it was allowed to operate international flights from Australia to any city in the world!!

as others have said

as for UAE- QF never had a big operation there so the AU government did not care- same with China
QF wanted beyond rights at SIN so SIN was purely for QF's gain not the customer.

anyways the point is CX could be flying 3 daily to PER but the Australian government does not mind limiting the choice for its own people for QF's benefit.

getluv

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
getluv wrote:
SYD-AKL is 5x day. (2xA330 3xB737 Monday-Friday, 1x330 4x737 on weekends)

I was counting the QF code-share service on LA metal too, which brings it to 6x daily, though I agree that it's unlikely for QF to deploy a 388 to AKL.

Cheers,

C.

I think QF hard block space on the LA flight, but not enough to call it 6x a day.

getluv

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Kashmon wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:
Kashmon wrote:

Kashmon wrote:

last I checked Australia does not allow foreign owned carriers to operate international flights out of Australia....

as others have said

Read this: http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/0 ... agreement/

As you can see, HKG is the problem. Your post also makes no sense and is full of errors. Now move on.

RyanairGuru

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Kashmon wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:
Kashmon wrote:

Kashmon wrote:

as others have said

I shouldn’t respond if you have no interest in educating yourself, but you are utterly wrong. QF has NOTHING to do with this. Absolutely nothing.

Australia and Hong Kong have a number of outstanding trade issues that are unresolved. Both sides accuse the other of delay, such is life. However what is notable is that Australia can negotiate a free trade agreement with PRC in less time that it takes to agree with HKSAR on what brand of bottled water to have on the negotiating table. There are real opportunities for HKSAR to increase their capacity under the air services agreement, however they need to give as much as they take and concede some ground on one of the other outstanding trade issues. This is the problem, they are unwilling to do so.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

waoz1

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Australias best airport according to ACCC announced

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/pe ... b88812736z

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Flyerqf wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Like I said earlier there is some spare 744 capacity still if the fleet remains at 10 which I think it does until next year sometime. They have never subbed an A380 in only diversions have seen it in AKL, the 744 subs in to AKL sometimes but the cost of Quads on this route are high if they aren’t fairly full. More A330’s if anything will come

RyanairGuru

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 am

waoz1 wrote:
Australias best airport according to ACCC announced

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/pe ... b88812736z

Interesting that Brisbane was the “clear winner” with passengers, and that Perth’s result came largely from positive feedback from airlines instead of passengers. I would assume they have different interests?
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Sydscott

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:14 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Kashmon wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:

as others have said

I shouldn’t respond if you have no interest in educating yourself, but you are utterly wrong. QF has NOTHING to do with this. Absolutely nothing.

Australia and Hong Kong have a number of outstanding trade issues that are unresolved. Both sides accuse the other of delay, such is life. However what is notable is that Australia can negotiate a free trade agreement with PRC in less time that it takes to agree with HKSAR on what brand of bottled water to have on the negotiating table. There are real opportunities for HKSAR to increase their capacity under the air services agreement, however they need to give as much as they take and concede some ground on one of the other outstanding trade issues. This is the problem, they are unwilling to do so.

And more to the point, given their unwillingness Australia doesn't need to do a deal. We can afford to wait. And out of PER you could take SQ one stop more times per day than CX flies up to Hong Kong. So the idea that it is somehow difficult to get to Hong Kong from PER is fanciful to say the least.

RyanairGuru

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 am

Sydscott wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
Kashmon wrote:

as others have said

And more to the point, given their unwillingness Australia doesn't need to do a deal. We can afford to wait. And out of PER you could take SQ one stop more times per day than CX flies up to Hong Kong. So the idea that it is somehow difficult to get to Hong Kong from PER is fanciful to say the least.

Additionally if there was massive unserved dema d from Perth to Hong Kong Qantas would be looking at the route, or VA might have considered as there is less competiton than SYD/MEL. As the recent discussion about CZ illustrated there is relatively little demand from Perth to China, compared to the East Coast cities.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Kashmon

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:57 am

Sydscott wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
Kashmon wrote:

as others have said

Australia did not need to do a deal with UAE or SIN either but it did because QF did not care...

SYDSpotter

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 am

Kashmon wrote:
last I checked Australia does not allow foreign owned carriers to operate international flights out of Australia.....

Huh? Since when were SQ/CX/TG/MH/EK/NZ/CZ/MU/EK/EY/QR etc Australian owned carriers? I think they're all operating international flights out of Australia as we speak... :sarcastic:

Kashmon wrote:

CX is more than welcome to fly A380's if it thinks there is untapped capacity, nothing stopping CX from doing that.

Anyway, I won't feed the CX troll anymore, but it's good to know that CX's PR/Social media department has a presence here on A.Net :stirthepot:
319_320_321_332_333_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_789

eamondzhang

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
Kashmon wrote:
last I checked Australia does not allow foreign owned carriers to operate international flights out of Australia.....

Huh? Since when were SQ/CX/TG/MH/EK/NZ/CZ/MU/EK/EY/QR etc Australian owned carriers? I think they're all operating international flights out of Australia as we speak... :sarcastic:

I think what he meant was a foreign-owned Australian airline cannot operate international flights out of Australia. However whatever he believes, take the example of Virgin Australia and problem solved.

Kashmon, let's be freaking honest, no matter which flight you can operate, a local airline fully owned by foreign entity are not imaginable in 99% of the world. Try that in China, Europe or North America for example. At least 95% of where CX goes can be reached by other carriers with 1 stop, and for most of them this can be done by at least 2 other carriers if not more.

Michael

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:41 am

Jetstar is introducing new measures for unaccompanied minors after 12 year old boy steals mothers credit card for a holiday to Bali

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/12 ... b88816144z
Forum Moderator

ZuluAlpha

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm

qf789 wrote:
Jetstar is introducing new measures for unaccompanied minors after 12 year old boy steals mothers credit card for a holiday to Bali

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/12 ... b88816144z

I wonder if he checked in a bodyboard bag :duck:
Flown on:_CRJ, CR7 D10 DHT DH8, DH2, DH3, DH4, EMB, E45, E75, E90, F28 J32 M80 SH6 320, 32B, 332, 333, 380, 717, 732, 733, 734, 73H, 743, 744, 752 762, 763, 772, 77W

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm

QF10 has taken a different flight path today, normally it flies SE over Europe, flies over Turkey than down into Iran to the Middle East, todays departure has seen it depart east over Poland, Belarus then into Russia and looks like it will be flying into Pakistan and northern India, south of the Himilaya's

https://www.flightradar24.com/QFA10/112bb779
Forum Moderator

waoz1

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:50 am

qf789 wrote:
QF10 has taken a different flight path today, normally it flies SE over Europe, flies over Turkey than down into Iran to the Middle East, todays departure has seen it depart east over Poland, Belarus then into Russia and looks like it will be flying into Pakistan and northern India, south of the Himilaya's

Interesting you should mention that.
The west australian is reporting in todays paper that the flight from London to Perth took only 15 hours 45min which shaved an hour off the usual timings.
On the way out of Perth they are taking off around 30mins.

The report also states travel agents are saying that demand is good and it has been difficult to find premium seats.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:51 am

waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

The west australian is reporting in todays paper that the flight from London to Perth took only 15 hours 45min which shaved an hour off the usual timings.

The report also states travel agents are saying that demand is good and it has been difficult to find premium seats.

Here is the link to the story

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... d-records/

I am not sure what facts GT is basing the times on but to say QF are taking 30 minutes off the PER-LHR flight is complete nonsense. The best flight time is 16hrs55mins. Of the 32 flights (not including the one in the air but that one looks like it could be the best time) taken so far only 5 have gone under 17 hrs and in the past week alone the flight time has exceeding the actual block time 4 times, with 2 days the flight running at 17hrs38mins.
Forum Moderator

tullamarine

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:29 am

qf789 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Here is the link to the story

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... d-records/

I am not sure what facts GT is basing the times on but to say QF are taking 30 minutes off the PER-LHR flight is complete nonsense. The best flight time is 16hrs55mins. Of the 32 flights (not including the one in the air but that one looks like it could be the best time) taken so far only 5 have gone under 17 hrs and in the past week alone the flight time has exceeding the actual block time 4 times, with 2 days the flight running at 17hrs38mins.

GT is usually pretty liberal with facts!!!
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 789, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

CraigAnderson

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 am

Yes, the usual and predictable QF and PER boosterism from GT.

In QF related news, how much longer is it going to take for QF to announce the final route for the last of its first eight B787s? That frame is supposed to be base in BNE so maybe they are still working the numbers on BNE to DFW, SEA or ORD.

qf002

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:11 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
In QF related news, how much longer is it going to take for QF to announce the final route for the last of its first eight B787s?

As long as it takes for the DOT to approve the JV with AA.

Dan23

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 am

According to FR24 the airborne time for QF9 last night (ZND) was 16:45. According to Flightaware the block time was 17:03 and airborne time 16:29. There is some variation in the info available.

QF744ER

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:32 am

waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I was on QF10 -ZNB which arrived into PER last Monday (left LHR on the Sunday), it was 15:42hrs....had a fairly decent queue at LHR prior to departure.

I've gotta say both QF9 and 10 were very easy on the body flights, no ill effects of jet lag travelling west or east.

Interesting to note LHR based cabin crews operate QF9 and 10 to/from PER, not Melbourne based crews as originally though.

sq256

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:

In QF related news, how much longer is it going to take for QF to announce the final route for the last of its first eight B787s? That frame is supposed to be base in BNE so maybe they are still working the numbers on BNE to DFW, SEA or ORD.

SEA is probably only likely if the JV with AA is knocked back. SEA would be done with a interline and/or codeshare with AS.

IndianicWorld

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 pm

sq256 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

SEA is probably only likely if the JV with AA is knocked back. SEA would be done with a interline and/or codeshare with AS.

If it came to that, SEA can be flown from SYD, which will make things interesting for the planned BNE destination using their based 789’s.

The advantage of BNE would be to unlock ORD, but given that SYD is the usual launch city for routes on QF’s network, SEA is unlikely to be served from anywhere else but the Harbour City.

It would also tap into demand from Amazon and Microsoft to name a couple, which have significant ops in SYD.

sq256

Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:52 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
sq256 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

If it came to that, SEA can be flown from SYD, which will make things interesting for the planned BNE destination using their based 789’s.

The advantage of BNE would be to unlock ORD, but given that SYD is the usual launch city for routes on QF’s network, SEA is unlikely to be served from anywhere else but the Harbour City.

It would also tap into demand from Amazon and Microsoft to name a couple, which have significant ops in SYD.

It could say that SEA would be triangulated with SYD should the AA JV be knocked back and that they need the US destination ex-BNE. E.g BNE-SYD-SEA (One outbound flight number), SEA-BNE (Inbound flight number), along with a assumed interline and/or codeshare with AS.

Although the SEA-BNE and BNE-SYD would be different flight numbers, it would be a same-terminal transfer / same aircraft-type change in BNE for those heading to SYD (clear security in BNE only, with immigration/customs clearance done in SYD).

Assumably the BNE-SYD portion of a BNE-SYD-SEA-BNE triangular flight would be bookable by domestic pax e.g QF9/QF10 (and the old QF8 DFW-BNE-SYD) with the 'D Sticker' system applied for domestic pax.

TasFlyer

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:12 am

Today marks the final HBA-OOL service by TT. There is still no word on whether this route will resume for the peak NW18-19 season.

NTLDaz

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:06 am

sq256 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
sq256 wrote:

It could say that SEA would be triangulated with SYD should the AA JV be knocked back and that they need the US destination ex-BNE. E.g BNE-SYD-SEA (One outbound flight number), SEA-BNE (Inbound flight number), along with a assumed interline and/or codeshare with AS.

Although the SEA-BNE and BNE-SYD would be different flight numbers, it would be a same-terminal transfer / same aircraft-type change in BNE for those heading to SYD (clear security in BNE only, with immigration/customs clearance done in SYD).

Assumably the BNE-SYD portion of a BNE-SYD-SEA-BNE triangular flight would be bookable by domestic pax e.g QF9/QF10 (and the old QF8 DFW-BNE-SYD) with the 'D Sticker' system applied for domestic pax.

Why would they do a BNE - SEA flight - even if a triangular route ?

I can't see any real business case for BNE. IMO a Seattle flight will be SYD or bust. DFW - BNE only happened because the 747 didn't have the legs to return to SYD. I think you'd see SFO first from BNE or ORD due to not being able to do SYD.

vhqpa

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:17 am

RE: SEA speculation. If it is a operational requirement that the remaining unannounced flight originates in BNE it can route BNE-SYD-SEA-SYD-BNE similar to how QR serves Canberra as a tag from SYD. On such a routing QF can route pax ex Brisbane on the BNE/SYD/BNE tag connecting to/from International flights at SYD.

This is probably way off the mark but I have a hunch that should the QF/AA JV be approved we can except BNE-DFW and with a little shuffling MEL-DFW too. should the JV be denied then they'll launch BNE-ORD as a way of serving Chicago without AA's help. If SEA eventuates I think it will be later on when SYD gets a 787 base.

It bothers me how the US end are playing hardball with the QF/AA JV but approved UA/NZ with commands a much higher market share of US-NZ traffic than QF/AA do US-AU.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

ZK-NBT

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:05 am

vhqpa wrote:
RE: SEA speculation. If it is a operational requirement that the remaining unannounced flight originates in BNE it can route BNE-SYD-SEA-SYD-BNE similar to how QR serves Canberra as a tag from SYD. On such a routing QF can route pax ex Brisbane on the BNE/SYD/BNE tag connecting to/from International flights at SYD.

This is probably way off the mark but I have a hunch that should the QF/AA JV be approved we can except BNE-DFW and with a little shuffling MEL-DFW too. should the JV be denied then they'll launch BNE-ORD as a way of serving Chicago without AA's help. If SEA eventuates I think it will be later on when SYD gets a 787 base.

It bothers me how the US end are playing hardball with the QF/AA JV but approved UA/NZ with commands a much higher market share of US-NZ traffic than QF/AA do US-AU.

Who would do BNE-SYD-SEA? I agree that SEA ex BNE seems unlikely as it can be done ex SYD at a later date, beck maybe even launch on a 744 3 weekly until they get more 789’s if it’s that important. As for the Last 789 if not ORD maybe SFO ex BNE.

JBusworth

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:22 am

I think that 4 weekly ORD alongside 9 weekly LAX would work best as the 787 network out of Brisbane. I think SEA is less important, better off working up YVR to year round first imo.

kriskim

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:06 am

If the JV is approved, I could see:

- AA launch MEL-LAX daily with 789
- QF95/96 replaced with AA, capacity to go into new QF MEL-DFW x3 weekly service or MEL-SFO goes daily

or would QF do a left field move and launch MEL-JNB with the 789?
A world built upon connectivity.

sq256

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
vhqpa wrote:

Who would do BNE-SYD-SEA? I agree that SEA ex BNE seems unlikely as it can be done ex SYD at a later date, beck maybe even launch on a 744 3 weekly until they get more 789’s if it’s that important. As for the Last 789 if not ORD maybe SFO ex BNE.

I would agree (e.g flying BNE-SYD-SEA-SYD-BNE). However in the less likely case of SEA flights being launched, I can see the BNE-SYD Int'l Terminal tag flights being used by passengers for the more convenient same terminal connections to other international flights out of SYD e.g DFW or the seasonal HKG A380 rather than the unpopular SYD Dom-Intl terminal bus transfer.

smi0006

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:30 am

kriskim wrote:

- QF95/96 replaced with AA, capacity to go into new QF MEL-DFW x3 weekly service or MEL-SFO goes daily

I agree with the JV approved I’d foresee the above and BNE- ORD, I confess I can’t wrap my head around SEA, especially with such a premium heavy config. Is there a way to pull the stats for connections to SEA?

I wonder if for JNB, the 789 is too premium heavy? I’d be curious to see if the next batch are a mix of config a - some premium heavy for CDG/FRA and more balanced for YVR,SFO where the long haul abilities are less needed and Y demand is there also

IndianicWorld

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 am

smi0006 wrote:
kriskim wrote:

I agree with the JV approved I’d foresee the above and BNE- ORD, I confess I can’t wrap my head around SEA, especially with such a premium heavy config. Is there a way to pull the stats for connections to SEA?

I wonder if for JNB, the 789 is too premium heavy? I’d be curious to see if the next batch are a mix of config a - some premium heavy for CDG/FRA and more balanced for YVR,SFO where the long haul abilities are less needed and Y demand is there also

The QF 789’s config isn’t really that well suited to a route like MEL-LAX, MEL-SFO or SYD-SEA, given that it can be operated with a denser cabin. The layout seems to have been optimised for PER-LHR and potentially MEL/BNE-DFW.

As for MEL-JNB, the 789 being a twin would likely have to fly a less than ideal route to meet CASA requirements. Things have changed over time, but I still recall that their regulations are tougher than the standard, unless that has changed further since.

The route certainly wouldn’t be well suited with the current
789 configuration in that market either. QF will instead focus on seasonal flights from PER-South Africa instead using the A330, if they can overcome the current impasse with PER airport.

QF744ER

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:17 pm

I was under the impression that Tigerair A320 -VNQ was being painted in the Phillipines for VARA along with -VNJ but have just read it's been delivered to IndiGo Airlines.

Flyerqf

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:19 pm

qf789 wrote:
QF network changes include

SYD-LAX eff 4 Dec QF11/12 will be all A380, no 744, seasonal QF17/18 will be 2 weekly A380

SYD-HNL from 7 Dec to Easter will see 744 instead of A333

SYD-SFO will go daily eff 17 Dec

SYD-DFW will drop to 6 weekly eff 4 Feb 19

SYD-KIX increasesto 4 weekly from 7 Dec

SYD-PEK reduced to 5 weekly from 28 Oct

SYD-MNL extra service added on Tuesday’s from28 Oct

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... rk-update/

Aircraft utilization as a result of these changes

A388 (12)

SYD-SIN-LHR (3)
SYD-LAX (2)
MEL-LAX(2)
MEL-SIN (1)
SYD-DFW (2)
Spare / maintenance (2)

B744 (9 - assuming OEB is still being retired)

SYD-HKG (1)
SYD-JNB (1.5)
SYD-HND (1.5)
SYD-SCL (1)
SYD-SFO (2)
SYD-HNL (1)
Spare (1)

SYD-HKG will probably be bumped up to A380 during Australian summer and YVR will then take the 744 currently allocated to HKG.

getluv

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 am

SYD-SEA would still be possible even if the QF/AA deal goes ahead. AA still codeshares on quite a few AS services out of SEA. However I would think BNE-ORD would be the priority.

IndianicWorld wrote:
The QF 789’s config isn’t really that well suited to a route like MEL-LAX, MEL-SFO or SYD-SEA.

I think the config allows for possible daily services/increased frequencies all year round.

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 am

Australian Aviation Thread May 2018 is now open for discussion, please continue to add your comments there

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1392923
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos