Legend757
Topic Author

4O To Launch SAT-BJX

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Cannot find a press release yet, but the announcement is on SAT's social media and it's bookable online.

4O to begin new daily SAT-BJX service June 22 on the Superjet 100. This is the fourth destination for 4O in SAT and fifth destination to Mexico from the airport.

SAT has had quite the increase in flights and destinations as of late. It's been reported in the media that SAT is up nine (now 10) new destinations and 21 (now 22) total new flights in just the last couple years. Great news for the fast growing region.

khowaga

Re: 4O To Launch SAT-BJX

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Wow, that’s awesome! I’m in AUS and my in-laws are 20 minutes from BJX. The options are to go via MEX (delays galore) or IAH or DFW which gets really expensive around the holidays.

That probably means the BJX expansion will be done by then (one hopes?)—they’re expanding from 3 gates with jetbridges to 6. It was supposed to be done in December but ...

TransWorldOne

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:12 pm

SAT-Mexico always seems to do well. I'm surprised no US carriers have swooped in and used SAT as a gateway to reach secondary markets in Mexico.
*cough...Delta...cough*. I think in a few years from now, SAT will be the new AUS.

Brick

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 am

Is it really all that hard to type "Interjet" in the subject line? Then in your post say "Interjet (4O)" before you rattle off a bunch of 4Os?

This would be a courtesy to the people that don't have IATA codes memorized for small Mexican airlines...
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

TransWorldOne

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 am

Brick wrote:
Is it really all that hard to type "Interjet" in the subject line? Then in your post say "Interjet (4O)" before you rattle off a bunch of 4Os?

This would be a courtesy to the people that don't have IATA codes memorized for small Mexican airlines...

Is it really that hard to Google "airline code 4O"?

LOWS

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:40 am

TransWorldOne wrote:
Brick wrote:

When one is skimming the topics to see what's been posted, yes. It's a nice courtesy to other people. It also would have been nice to know that BJX is León, MX.

spinkid

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:07 am

LOWS wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Brick wrote:

When one is skimming the topics to see what's been posted, yes. It's a nice courtesy to other people. It also would have been nice to know that BJX is León, MX.

I have to agree. It is helpful when referring to smaller airlines and markets. When A.net did away with the hover over option that used to give that information I've had a harder time learning new codes. I had most memorized before with the help of that function.

spinkid

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:14 am

LOWS wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Brick wrote:

I have to agree. It is helpful when referring to smaller airlines and markets. When A.net did away with the hover over option that used to give that information I've had a harder time learning new codes. I had most memorized before with the help of that function.

khowaga

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah, it would be nice if they’d bring the hover function back (sorry, I just went with it... I fly to BJX 3 or 4 times a year so it didn’t even occur to me). BJX is Guanajuato International Airport, commonly referred to as Leon or Del Bajío. (Trying to explain where it is to people is fun. “Well, it has like four names, and it’s technically in Silao, which is like 20 minutes away from Leon, but everyone used to call it Del Bajío for the region it’s in, and then they decided to rename it after the state capital and...)

As for the post about AUS—AUS has always struggled with non-beach destinations in Mexico. It doesn’t have the business and VFR ties that San Antonio has. SAT has multiple times daily service to Mexico City and Guadalajara (Leon-Guanajuato is an interesting add, but I’m not complaining!)

Aeromexico has finally made AUS-MEX work, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Volaris is still operating AUS-Guadalajara with load factors in the low 40s (at best). Someone would have to add a significant amount of connecting traffic into AUS to make secondary markets work...

SATexan

Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:21 am

About time! We desperately need another daily flight to MTY and an early morning departure to MEX.

MIflyer12

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:18 am

TransWorldOne wrote:
SAT-Mexico always seems to do well. I'm surprised no US carriers have swooped in and used SAT as a gateway to reach secondary markets in Mexico.
*cough...Delta...cough*. I think in a few years from now, SAT will be the new AUS.

Look at the destinations from SAT. Look at the destinations from AUS. Sorry, but SAT isn't AUS.

rbavfan

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 am

Brick wrote:

It would be nice for many to have the name for the airlines, whether in Mexico or other countries. But please never use " " in the titles. It makes the title confusing as it does not show as " " ,but as web code words.

rbavfan

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:08 am

TransWorldOne wrote:
Brick wrote:

No but it was nice when the web developers at the old Airliners.net site you could place the curser over the code and it would show you in a pop up. Be nice if they returned this feature!

TransWorldOne

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:02 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

Look at the destinations from SAT. Look at the destinations from AUS. Sorry, but SAT isn't AUS.

That's why I said a few years from now. 10 years ago, SAT and AUS were not far off from each other in terms of flights and passenger traffic. AUS has, of course, exploded in the last five years snd I suspect SAT will eventually as well.

TransWorldOne

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:03 am

spinkid wrote:
LOWS wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

You supposed aviation enthusiasts really need to brush up on your airline and airport codes!

TransWorldOne

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:09 am

LOWS wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
Brick wrote:

Well I hope you steer clear of enilria's weekly OAG updates because he uses only airline and airport codes and sometimes you have to *gasp!* Google the ones you're not familiar with. It's sooo much work.

LOWS

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:58 am

TransWorldOne wrote:
LOWS wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:

Well I hope you steer clear of enilria's weekly OAG updates because he uses only airline and airport codes and sometimes you have to *gasp!* Google the ones you're not familiar with. It's sooo much work.

You seem like a lot of fun. :roll:

LOWS

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:33 am

I did want to ask how the SSJs are working out generally for Interjet? E.g. dispatch reliability?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos