Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

strfyr51

Re: 4hr delays at SFO, what's up?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:08 am

n471wn wrote:
SFO is an embarrassment and there is no one here who will stand up and say what we all know and that is that we need a new runway in the worst way. But the environmental-whacko’s run this place and no one dares take them on

Come on Man?! Just Where are you going ti BUIL a new runway at SFO?? Get REAL!! SFO has NOWHERE to Put a new Runway and you KNOW it! It would be EASIER to Build a New Airport !!

SEAxSANxBOS

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 am

As a gate agent. I dread working SFO bound flights because it's almost always ATC when a drop of water appears in the sky. That being said. You can always tell the locals from the people who don't frequent SFO much because they all know.

SFOtoORD

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm

barney captain wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:
n471wn wrote:

Look at the international growth at OAK and San Jose—something you did not see coming so do not get too smug

Let me know when a handful of A380s per day show up at OAK or SJC.

It's already happened - I have the pictures to prove it.

And can you guess why? That's right - diversions from SFO.

Ironic isn't it?

Unless I'm flying international (even that is changing), I avoid SFO like the plague.

Great. One day of A380s down. Another 1000+ to go for OAK.

DaufuskieGuy

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:57 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
n471wn wrote:
SFO is an embarrassment and there is no one here who will stand up and say what we all know and that is that we need a new runway in the worst way. But the environmental-whacko’s run this place and no one dares take them on

Come on Man?! Just Where are you going ti BUIL a new runway at SFO?? Get REAL!! SFO has NOWHERE to Put a new Runway and you KNOW it! It would be EASIER to Build a New Airport !!

there's nowhere to put a new runway (demonstrably false see HKG) but you think it's feasible to build a new airport? The Bay Area can't even develop multi acre farmland into affordable housing for goodness sake

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos