Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

United1
Topic Author

Another Dog Mixup...this time it's DELTA

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:55 pm

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/wa ... ted-states

Another screw up this time on DL...it took hours to sort this one out. I'm surprised that DL didn't put them on a more direct flight even if it was a competitor. Perhaps airlines should just get out of the pet transportation business..

"When the dog’s owner, Josh Schlaich, showed up at the Delta cargo area of the Boise airport Sunday afternoon, he was given the wrong dog. It was the puppy's litter mate who was on the same flight. The plane was supposed to take the puppies from Virginia to Minneapolis then to Boise. Instead, from Virginia they went to Detroit, where they stayed overnight. Then to Los Angeles and Salt Lake City, before finally landing in Boise late Sunday evening. Schlaich says he called Delta several times only to get hung up on."

This isn't the first time DL has misplaced an animal either:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puppy-rele ... situation/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/ ... 48348.html

http://kdvr.com/2015/02/23/owners-delta ... on-flight/

77H

Re: Another Dog Mixup...this time it's DELTA

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:15 pm

And yet somehow on A.Net, all those that bashed UA last week will find a way to justify DL’s similar screw up. It’s like clockwork.

77H

777Mech

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:31 pm

United1 wrote:
https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/delta-airlines-mixup-sends-puppies-criss-crossing-the-united-states

Another screw up this time on DL...it took hours to sort this one out. I'm surprised that DL didn't put them on a more direct flight even if it was a competitor. Perhaps airlines should just get out of the pet transportation business..

"When the dog’s owner, Josh Schlaich, showed up at the Delta cargo area of the Boise airport Sunday afternoon, he was given the wrong dog. It was the puppy's litter mate who was on the same flight. The plane was supposed to take the puppies from Virginia to Minneapolis then to Boise. Instead, from Virginia they went to Detroit, where they stayed overnight. Then to Los Angeles and Salt Lake City, before finally landing in Boise late Sunday evening. Schlaich says he called Delta several times only to get hung up on."

You had to go back to 2014 and 2015 for 2 of the 3 stories? I can count 3 stories in 4 DAYS on UA, but keep grasping. No excuse for DL screwing up, but you're really trying hard to make a mountain out of a molehill.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm

777Mech wrote:
United1 wrote:
https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/delta-airlines-mixup-sends-puppies-criss-crossing-the-united-states

You had to go back to 2014 and 2015 for 2 of the 3 stories? I can count 3 stories in 4 DAYS on UA, but keep grasping. No excuse for DL screwing up, but you're really trying hard to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Im not making a mountain out of anything but I am showing a pattern. Also I'm not so sure it is as uncommon as you seem to believe. There is at least one instance where DL injured an animal and it wasn't reported on the DOT stats...namely that cat that had its hip broken. I wonder how many of these incidents happen and are simply not reported.

ACDC8

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:44 pm

United1 wrote:
Perhaps airlines should just get out of the pet transportation business..

And how will people travel with their pets? Who will animal rescue programs rely on to help adopt pets into new families and homes? UPS? Fed Ex?

777Mech

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:45 pm

United1 wrote:
777Mech wrote:
United1 wrote:

Im not making a mountain out of anything but I am showing a pattern. Also I'm not so sure it is as uncommon as you seem to believe. There is at least one instance where DL injured an animal and it wasn't reported on the DOT stats...namely that cat that had its hip broken. I wonder how many of these incidents happen and are simply not reported.

I can also say how many injured animals were not reported by UA? All of that is subjective as there isn't any hard data, but the facts are there that 18 of 24 animals that have died in 2017 were in UA's care last year.

If you want to establish a pattern, look at how many deaths were reported in 2007, and then look at 2017, and you'll see the vast turnaround that DL has accomplished versus the downturn of UA.

DL lead the airlines by a landslide back then, but have turned it around. UA is in reverse.

exFWAOONW

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm

777Mech wrote:

.... to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Can we look at the molehill? UA has the worst record at 2.24 per 10,000 (per stats quoted by other posters in other threads.) That means 9,997 made it just fine without our outrage at the couple of failures. Doing the math results in 99.97% trips were successful, give or take. I would hope those calling for this business to be dropped let that sink in for a moment. I am not belittling those who lost a pet, I would be upset too, just making the bigger picture a little clearer. The numbers just don't justify the hystrionics on the UA threads. We are all imperfect humans doing a job.

BN727227Ultra

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm

77H wrote:
And yet somehow on A.Net, all those that bashed UA last week will find a way to justify DL’s similar screw up. It’s like clockwork.

77H

I'm not--but Phideaux didn't croak.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 pm

777Mech wrote:
United1 wrote:
777Mech wrote:

I can also say how many injured animals were not reported by UA? All of that is subjective as there isn't any hard data, but the facts are there that 18 of 24 animals that have died in 2017 were in UA's care last year.

If you want to establish a pattern, look at how many deaths were reported in 2007, and then look at 2017, and you'll see the vast turnaround that DL has accomplished versus the downturn of UA.

DL lead the airlines by a landslide back then, but have turned it around. UA is in reverse.[/quote

I don't know if DL has made much of a turnaround or not...perhaps they are simply under-reporting. DL is known for spinning financial reports so why not spin these stats as well.

Redwood839

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Don't know why a story like this would make the press. Out of hundreds of dogs transported daily there will be some mix ups. The dog arrived the next day in the afternoon, and it's not like it spent 24 hours in a crate sitting in the cargo terminal (my assumption) in a corner with no food or water. I've travelled with my dogs several times and back in 2013 when we had a stop over in MIA with AA for 36 hours for whatever stupid reason they allowed me to go see where my dog would be kept, they had a small animal hotel thing.

Sure, I would get upset and angry but make such a fuss about it and go to the media? Slow news day.

I understand the UA story making headlines, and i posted my comment on there as to how dumb do you have to be to allow someone to tell you to put your dog up in the overhead and you actually allowing it. I would've preferred to get kicked off the flight first.

I'm travelling UA next week with my dog through Newark from Manchester, and although i know they're being nice(r) than usual because of the news last week, they've been genuinely nice since i started the process a month ago and very informative.

Bags get lost, it's a huge operation with any airline. You take the responsibility yourself when you decide to put your animal through travel, i know i do. It's my choice, no one forced me.

Slash787

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:06 pm

So well who is next? AA or Alaska?

MrBretz

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 pm

So these dogs flew as cargo. I wonder how much was refunded to the the dog breeder. I bet it was a tidy sum.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:19 pm

@ United1, this is a non event. dog screw-ups happen all the time,.. UA F'd up by killing the dog by placing it in an overhead bin and the next day sending a dog to Japan. United takes the cake with dog screw-ups/deaths..

Are we now going to create a new thread every time there is a dog screw up on an airline?

flyguy84

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 pm

jumbojet wrote:
@ United1, this is a non event. dog screw-ups happen all the time,.. UA F'd up by killing the dog by placing it in an overhead bin and the next day sending a dog to Japan. United takes the cake with dog screw-ups/deaths..

Are we now going to create a new thread every time there is a dog screw up on an airline?

Hahaha. Of course it’s a “non-event” when it happens at Delta. Had this happened at United, you would be ranting for days about just how horrible United is.

evank516

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:33 pm

I mean it's a huge screw up of course, but ya know, they didn't cross an ocean :lol:

stlgph

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:39 pm

jumbojet wrote:

Gosh, I hope so! Those threads that get created every time it rains at JFK and a JetBlue flight gets delayed are last season's Prada.

United1
Topic Author

jumbojet wrote:
@ United1, this is a non event. dog screw-ups happen all the time,..

Let me get this straight:

You believe DL shipping an animal to DTW instead of MSP, overnighting the animal then shipping it to LAX, SLC and finally BOI is a normal everyday occurrence? Then topping it off DL fails to comunicate any of this to their customer in fact hanging up on them multiple times is acceptable?

That stands diametrically opposed to many statements you have made on other threads and smacks of hypocrisy.

jumbojet

evank516 wrote:
I mean it's a huge screw up of course, but ya know, they didn't cross an ocean :lol:

or put a dog in an overhead bin for a 4 hour flight and kill it.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 pm

United1 wrote:
[
That stands diametrically opposed to many statements you have made on other threads and smacks of hypocrisy.

LOL. Is the dog dead or alive? The Delta dog that is. Answer the question.

Is it a screw-up? yes, absolutely. A screw up the magnitude of UA's? Not. Even. Close.
Last edited by jumbojet on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:43 pm

jumbojet wrote:
United1 wrote:
[

Luckily it is...the poor thing was in a crate for two days.

Since I answered your question please answer mine...is DLs handling of this remotely acceptable?

diverdave

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:45 pm

United1 wrote:
I don't know if DL has made much of a turnaround or not...perhaps they are simply under-reporting. DL is known for spinning financial reports so why not spin these stats as well.

Well, I could tell you about the secret Delta Pet Sematary at the Atlanta Airport, where mishandled animals are miraculously reanimated. :)

But I do expect there are some inconsistencies in reporting. Even if there are issues at United, it makes no sense that they have 3/4 of the incidents and transport about 1/4 of the pets.

David

lowfareair

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm

exFWAOONW wrote:
777Mech wrote:

Can we look at the molehill? UA has the worst record at 2.24 per 10,000 (per stats quoted by other posters in other threads.) That means 9,997 made it just fine without our outrage at the couple of failures. Doing the math results in 99.97% trips were successful, give or take. I would hope those calling for this business to be dropped let that sink in for a moment. I am not belittling those who lost a pet, I would be upset too, just making the bigger picture a little clearer. The numbers just don't justify the hystrionics on the UA threads. We are all imperfect humans doing a job.

That 99.97% is a measure of not dying on the trip. It doesn't take into account injury, beig routed to the wrong destination, etc. Would you fly an airline where you had about a 1 in 3300 chance of being killed en route? It's the equivalent of 8 commercial flights in the United States crashing with no survivors every single day.

LAX772LR

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:09 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
United1 wrote:

And how will people travel with their pets? Who will animal rescue programs rely on to help adopt pets into new families and homes? UPS? Fed Ex?

Sure, why not?

We ship horses costing 7 figures or more with FX, 5X, KL cargo, and LH cargo all the time... and they take damn good care of them. Going as short as Kentucky or going as long distance as the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, and Australia.

Hell, China trusts FX to ship ultra-endangered giant panda cubs.

Your comment is out of ignorance of their pet/livestock handling capabilities, and the speed/efficiency with which they can do so (with only short term planning).

jumbojet

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm

United1 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
United1 wrote:
[

Luckily it is...the poor thing was in a crate for two days.

Since I answered your question please answer mine...is DLs handling of this remotely acceptable?

DL obviously fumbled the ball, no denying that. DL also delivered a living, breathing dog to its owner which is ultimately something United was unable to do last week.

klm617

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:
United1 wrote:

Sure, why not?

We ship horses costing 7 figures or more with FX, 5X, KL cargo, and LH cargo all the time... and they take damn good care of them. Going as short as Kentucky or going as long distance as the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, and Australia.

Your comment is out of ignorance of their pet/livestock handling capabilities, and the speed/efficiency with which they can do so (with only short term planning).

There are alternatives out there that will transport your pet for free by land if you chose to do the research.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:
United1 wrote:

Sure, why not?

Fedex and UPS do a phenomenal job of shipping animals of course it comes at a high cost but it's probably the safest way to ship your animal.

There really isn't a way for the airlines to duplicate their program but perhaps then can learn from it a bit.

klm617

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 pm

jumbojet wrote:
United1 wrote:
[

Is it a screw-up? yes, absolutely. A screw up the magnitude of UA's? Not. Even. Close.

It's an unacceptable screw up plain and simple.

klm617

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 pm

MrBretz wrote:
So these dogs flew as cargo. I wonder how much was refunded to the the dog breeder. I bet it was a tidy sum.

Knowing Delta as we do probably $50

767333ER

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:46 pm

klm617 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
United1 wrote:
[

Screw ups are unacceptable, that’s why they’re screw ups. I don’t know about you but I’d say dead vs alive is a big deal.

ual763

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Hey look, another Delta dog mixup today.

bgm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

United1 wrote:

The stench of desperation amongst the UA employees on this forum is strong as ever. Delta would have to sink much further to reach the murky depths of United's clusterf**kery.

MrBretz

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

klm617, I just got a quote from Delta's website to ship a dog via cargo from LAX to MSP about 2 weeks from today. The price came out at just over $560. So the refund is going to be substantial and not $50. I recall trying to get my dog from coast to coast a couple of years ago. I flew UA instead of Delta because on UA my dog could go as checked baggage in her crate and DL told me she had to go as cargo. I recall the fee was even higher than the the number I quoted above. The UA fee was around $150 or something like that. So shipping a pet cargo is very expensive on DL. I'm not sure if the other airlines allow a dog to be shipped as luggage or if they have to go as cargo. Of course, I could have said my 70lb lab was an emotional support dog.

ual763

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

bgm wrote:
United1 wrote:

The stench of desperation amongst the UA employees on this forum is strong as ever. Delta would have to sink much further to reach the murky depths of United's clusterf**kery.

I'm neither accepting nor denying it, but the statistics do not add up for Delta in 2017. I think it's acceptable to question them. We've had a prior employee admit his station had 2 deaths alone last year. We've seen a physical lawsuit about a cat that Delta DID injure while in their care. This didn't even get reported. We KNOW that they have spun stats before such as their record no cancellation *streak*. I just question their reports, that's all.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 pm

bgm wrote:
[

nail on the head....

ual763

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 pm

MrBretz wrote:
klm617, I just got a quote from Delta's website to ship a dog via cargo from LAX to MSP about 2 weeks from today. The price came out at just over $560. So the refund is going to be substantial and not $50. I recall trying to get my dog from coast to coast a couple of years ago. I flew UA instead of Delta because on UA my dog could go as checked baggage in her crate and DL told me she had to go as cargo. I recall the fee was even higher than the the number I quoted above. The UA fee was around $150 or something like that. So shipping a pet cargo is very expensive on DL. I'm not sure if the other airlines allow a dog to be shipped as luggage or if they have to go as cargo. Of course, I could have said my 70lb lab was an emotional support dog.

Yet, if they shatter the pet's hip, they're only liable for $50.

klm617

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Let's face it this is an industry wide problem an people are getting tired of being treated as herded cattle with little or no concern from airline employee's to help them resolve their issues when their travel is disrupted with other than sit down and be quiet we will get to you as soon as we can.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm

bgm wrote:
United1 wrote:

Oh I don't work for United BGM....I'm a 1K

I used to fly DL a lot when I lived in ATL, even have an uncle who is retired from DL. As I live in SF, and fly transpacific a lot, DL does not have a network that meets my needs. I also find their fanboys on here to be a bit offputting...
Last edited by United1 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United1
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 pm

767333ER wrote:
klm617 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Screw ups are unacceptable, that’s why they’re screw ups. I don’t know about you but I’d say dead vs alive is a big deal.

Indeed alive is much better then dead in virtually all situations...but understand to me making that comparison is like saying it's OK your flight was delayed 24 hours vs having it canceled. Rings a little hollow....

Also considering all of the bad press one of DLs competitors has been taking lately you would think all airline employees would be more on the ball regarding pets. UA bent over backwards to get the puppy back from NRT, DL could not be bothered to communicate with their customer... seems like DL isn't as good at Customer Service/PR as they are made out to be..

adambrau

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 pm

I pretty much only fly UNITED and I have to say, given their share of animal guests arriving DOA or mishandled, I wouldn't fly my dogs with them either. But then again, I long ago stopped traveling with my dogs after a 6-hour delay on TWA at JFK in the 90's. Those dogs (RIP) never willingly got into their crates again. It's just not worth the risk, and for the amount it costs - you can just find a swanky boarding facility where you live. In the end no one wins, the pets, the owners or the airlines. Should be left to the experts like FedEx et al.

globetrotter94

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm

77H wrote:

77H

Which leads to a question I have had for years: why so many DL fanboys on these forums?

767333ER

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm

United1 wrote:
767333ER wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Indeed alive is much better then dead in virtually all situations...but understand to me making that comparison is like saying it's OK your flight was delayed 24 hours vs having it canceled. Rings a little hollow....

Also considering all of the bad press one of DLs competitors has been taking lately you would think all airline employees would be more on the ball regarding pets. UA bent over backwards to get the puppy back from NRT, DL could not be bothered to communicate with their customer... seems like DL isn't as good at Customer Service/PR as they are made out to be..

Or consider this, one company’s bad PR incident causes greater overall publication of other similar incidents that happen multiple times every year at the same airlines and others. News is about drawing eyeballs, once it happens with United then it becomes a big deal since Dr. Dao’s fiasco and the news can see that they’ll milk similar stories as people will see them and think “oh wow now they’re going it too!” or something to that effect. The thing is too especially since Dr. Dao people and news go looking for the trouble and every little thing that happens now whether a big deal or not because there’s money in it either through lawsuit or eyeballs.

And by the way, a cancellation can work out better than a 24 hour delay which often times is th same thing anyway.

ual763

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 am

And another one! They’re on a roll this weekend!

klm617

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:44 am

United1 wrote:
767333ER wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Truth because Delta is an airline run by ego and that thought process filters down to the front line employees.

77H

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:25 am

jumbojet wrote:
bgm wrote:
[

nail on the head....

Yet it still doesn't smell as foul as the blind DL fanboy rhetoric of smearing every other airline plying the skies while explaining away any and everything DL does wrong. There is a relatively new term for this M.O. Its called, "whataboutism".

Let me give you an example, tell me if it sounds familiar....

News Story: "DL has PR Issue"
DL FanBoy: "Its not really a big deal. What about how bad // Thats nothing compared to // At least its not as bad as (Insert Any Other Airline) !"

Here is a novel idea for the most vocal DL fanboys. You can like and promote DL and its employees without smearing other airlines and their employees. Life is not an "either/or" proposition.

77H

airplan727

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:49 am

lowfareair wrote:
exFWAOONW wrote:
777Mech wrote:

That 99.97% is a measure of not dying on the trip. It doesn't take into account injury, beig routed to the wrong destination, etc. Would you fly an airline where you had about a 1 in 3300 chance of being killed en route? It's the equivalent of 8 commercial flights in the United States crashing with no survivors every single day.

The 99.97% is a measure of incidents; injuries and deaths. Almost all of United's incidents of injury are self inflicted from scratching at or biting kennels according to DOT. Most of the deaths were of animals with existing medical conditions (cardiac problems, old age, etc.) according to DOT. If you include the numbers of pets carried by United's regional carriers then that 2.24 per 10,000 drops dramatically. All incidents are reported as "United" even if it flew on Skywest, Republic, Go Jet, Trans State. etc.

c933103

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Occasionally I remember seeing pet transported via airlines are being made escaped from their cage on transportation process and have to be shot death at airport... Perhaps there should be a rethink on how the industry handle them....

bgm

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 pm

77H wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
bgm wrote:
[

nail on the head....

Yet it still doesn't smell as foul as the blind DL fanboy rhetoric of smearing every other airline plying the skies while explaining away any and everything DL does wrong. There is a relatively new term for this M.O. Its called, "whataboutism".

Let me give you an example, tell me if it sounds familiar....

News Story: "DL has PR Issue"
DL FanBoy: "Its not really a big deal. What about how bad // Thats nothing compared to // At least its not as bad as (Insert Any Other Airline) !"

Here is a novel idea for the most vocal DL fanboys. You can like and promote DL and its employees without smearing other airlines and their employees. Life is not an "either/or" proposition.

77H

Yikes, somebody sure is triggered.

FYI, I am no fan of Delta, I abhor US carriers in general for their lousy service standards and avoid them as much as possible.

ual763

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:24 pm

c933103 wrote:
Occasionally I remember seeing pet transported via airlines are being made escaped from their cage on transportation process and have to be shot death at airport... Perhaps there should be a rethink on how the industry handle them....

I think you’re referring to stray dogs that wander into the airport property. These aren’t dogs being transported by the airlines. If it was, this would be even bigger news than the current story.

lowfareair

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm

airplan727 wrote:
lowfareair wrote:
exFWAOONW wrote:

The 99.97% is a measure of incidents; injuries and deaths. Almost all of United's incidents of injury are self inflicted from scratching at or biting kennels according to DOT. Most of the deaths were of animals with existing medical conditions (cardiac problems, old age, etc.) according to DOT. If you include the numbers of pets carried by United's regional carriers then that 2.24 per 10,000 drops dramatically. All incidents are reported as "United" even if it flew on Skywest, Republic, Go Jet, Trans State. etc.

That is my mistake - it looks like the actual number* is about 99.986%, about 1 in 7000. If those odds were applied to passengers, it would be the equivalent of about 4 commercial aircraft crashing in the United States of America every single day. I guess you consider that acceptable.

* Source (31 incidents, including 18 deaths, made up the 2.4 incidents per 10,000 last year. Breaking out the 18 deaths gives us 1.4 deaths per 10,000):
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/unite ... 2017-04-26

dochawk2

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm

exFWAOONW wrote:
777Mech wrote:

We are all imperfect humans doing a job.

Thank you!!! Exactly right. That is something that I think we all forget. When a recall on a pressure sensor in an engine happens, we jump all over the manufacturer. When a flight attendant goes nuts or a pax screams and yells, we through opinions around without considering our own humanity. Ironically, it is our own humanity that allows us to tap into the better nature and exhibit deplorable rudeness. None of us want a dog sent to Japan or a cat injured. But it happens. Maybe we can all elevate our personal game and find smooth air at higher altitudes. And maybe, just maybe, that will encourage others to do so as well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos