pabloeing
Topic Author

Emirates start BCN-MEX

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Amazing news is coming ¡¡¡¡....EK star soon the flight DXB-BCN-MEX in B777-300ER

http://www.efeempresas.com/noticia/emirates-barcelona/

pabloeing
Topic Author

Re: EMIRATES start BCN-MEX

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:43 pm

3 Daily flights fom DXB to BCN...and one will be MEX

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Does Mexico also approve traffic rights on MEX-BCN? Because that segment is key here. Mexico to Dubai traffic (or beyond) is nowhere near enough for a daily flight.

And where in the article do you see the info about it being a 77L? The pic, sure...but we all know journalists put any airline photo...
Last edited by MalevTU134 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upwardfacing

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Wow.

The article is unclear as to where the approval is coming from, i.e., local, regional, or national authorities, and what more approvals are needed.

And what about the Mexican authorities?

Galwayman

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Great news , hopefully the rumoured TK IST >DUB > MEX will happen soon too

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Galwayman wrote:

Only if there is an Ireland-to -Mexico market. Otherwise, it'll be another money burner in Latin America for TK.

Galwayman

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 pm

If ET can make LAX > DUB> ADD work , TK can easily make MEX >DUB > IST work.... an interline agreement with FR at dub and the connections are difficult to beat ... anyway TK clearly know what they’re doing

airbazar

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Galwayman wrote:
If ET can make LAX > DUB> ADD work , TK can easily make MEX >DUB > IST work.... an interline agreement with FR at dub and the connections are difficult to beat ... anyway TK clearly know what they’re doing

There's a market for LAX-DUB. I doubt there is much of a market for MEX-DUB but i could be wrong.

jcleal

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I hope this will happened. In the past we testified the announcement of Emirates coming to Mexico City two times:

2016 DUB-ZRH-MEX
2017 DUB-PTY-MEX

The PTY-MEX was even advertised in billboards near Mexico City Airport but never happened.

Off course there is room for more than one daily filght MEX - BCN since AM has dropped that destination, we have now 20 weekly departures to MAD with IB and at least 12 form AM, so Barcelona deserves a direct flight.

The let us see if the 3rd time will happened.

Sightseer

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

This routing will be cool if it happens, but knowing Mexican aviation authorities have a somewhat protectionist reputation concerning fifth freedoms, I'll believe it when I see it.

Galwayman wrote:

Are takeoff conditions at MEX such that nonstop MEX-IST is unviable? MEX-IST is only 100 miles longer than MEX-NRT, which, if I'm not mistaken, is flown nonstop westbound, while MEX-IST would of course be eastbound.

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Sightseer wrote:
This routing will be cool if it happens, but knowing Mexican aviation authorities have a somewhat protectionist reputation concerning fifth freedoms, I'll believe it when I see it.

Galwayman wrote:

Are takeoff conditions at MEX such that nonstop MEX-IST is unviable? MEX-IST is only 100 miles longer than MEX-NRT, which, if I'm not mistaken, is flown nonstop westbound, while MEX-IST would of course be eastbound.

A bigger issue than the altitude at MEX would be the market at MEX. Exactly where , beyond IST (or DXB for that matter) is there a massive market in Mexico? India, Africa, Middle East? For a daily widebody...with decent yield...

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 pm

jcleal wrote:
I hope this will happened. In the past we testified the announcement of Emirates coming to Mexico City two times:

2016 DUB-ZRH-MEX
2017 DUB-PTY-MEX

The PTY-MEX was even advertised in billboards near Mexico City Airport but never happened.

Off course there is room for more than one daily filght MEX - BCN since AM has dropped that destination, we have now 20 weekly departures to MAD with IB and at least 12 form AM, so Barcelona deserves a direct flight.

DUB is Dublin. DXB is Dubai.
EK has never announced MEX before.
PTY, yes, but it was postponed, postponed and then cancelled even before the first flight. Rumours on this board said that there were dates with zero (0) bookings.

EK requested DXB-ZRH-MEX, but Switzerland said no. As far as I remember, they offered DXB-GVA-MEX, but EK said no thanks.

jcleal

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

PTY, yes, but it was postponed, postponed and then cancelled even before the first flight. Rumours on this board said that there were dates with zero (0) bookings.

EK requested DXB-ZRH-MEX, but Switzerland said no. As far as I remember, they offered DXB-GVA-MEX, but EK said no thanks.

My bad on the code for Dubai thanks.

However EK has been pushing to have a flight to MEX really hard, and in the case of PTY the even deploy some billboards on the route to the airport.

pzurita1

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
jcleal wrote:

And yet EK has not announced this DXB-BCN-MEX routing. It is just a newspaper sharing that local authorities have granted rights. I have seen that so many times. I will believe it when the airline offers it on their website. ;-)
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

MalevTU134

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm

pzurita1 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
jcleal wrote:

And yet EK has not announced this DXB-BCN-MEX routing. It is just a newspaper sharing that local authorities have granted rights. I have seen that so many times. I will believe it when the airline offers it on their website. ;-)

Oh, yes, you are 100% correct. Sorry, I never meant to suggest that EK has announced this (this time around either).
I will not believe it when the airline offers it on their website either. PTY was loaded in the GDSs, it was on their website, and look how that ended. Better wait to see the first plane land at MEX before we believe this.

santi319

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 pm

I dont think the Mexican Authorities will authorize this, not without a fight from AM and IB, aka soon to be announced Level flight from BCN to MEX...

RainerBoeing777

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Aeroméxico instead of increasing Madrid and París, they had to lauch Barcelona is a destination with much demand!
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

dodgers702

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am

santi319 wrote:
I dont think the Mexican Authorities will authorize this, not without a fight from AM and IB, aka soon to be announced Level flight from BCN to MEX...

I remember reading an article that Mexican authorities were negotiating both with Level and Emirates about granting 5th freedom rights for the BCN-MEX flight. Emirates was making a case that it would attract the business clientele while with Level it would be more of the leisure pax. I am assuming they chose Level then? Haven’t read anything what was the outcome until this rumor popped up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cronicaglo ... 2_amp.html

Flightsimboy

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 am

Why such misleading title....Can the heading pls be changed.

olli

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Aeroméxico instead of increasing Madrid and París, they had to lauch Barcelona is a destination with much demand!

Good for AeroMexico that did not jump into the route, it would have be a bloodbath trying to compete with Emirates.

It is such a good news to have Emirates in Mexico, at last!

We'll be waiting patiently for the schedules to be released.

Regards,

MalevTU134

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:49 am

olli wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

Good for AeroMexico that did not jump into the route, it would have be a bloodbath trying to compete with Emirates.

It is such a good news to have Emirates in Mexico, at last!

We'll be waiting patiently for the schedules to be released.

Regards,

Don't hold your breath...

alexwm

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:27 am

Let's hope this becomes a reality! Barcelona had a similar 5th freedom route in the past, with SQ operating SIN-BCN-GRU and back

jetero

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

Only if there is an Ireland-to -Mexico market. Otherwise, it'll be another money burner in Latin America for TK.

Pretty sure the Ireland-Mexico market is centered on Pachuca. Sadly, no airport.

Tasty pasties ...

dcajet

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 am

alexwm wrote:
Let's hope this becomes a reality! Barcelona had a similar 5th freedom route in the past, with SQ operating SIN-BCN-GRU and back

That 5th freedom route was an unmitigated disaster no matter how you look at it. SQ could not get out of it fast enough.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

adambrau

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:50 am

Why are people supportive of a foreign carrier serving BCN-MEX? Because AM or IB don't? (I'm not sure)? I am a UA flyer so don't have a stake in this battle. Just curious.
Let's keep the skies friendly.

LAX772LR

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 am

Galwayman wrote:
If ET can make LAX > DUB> ADD work , TK can easily make MEX >DUB > IST work

....bit of a non sequitur, don't you think?

adambrau wrote:
Why are people supportive of a foreign carrier serving BCN-MEX?

Why would they not? Protectionism can be an understandable sentiment; but this is a route no one else is flying, so why not be happy that at least someone finally does?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

adambrau

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:53 am

LAX772LR wrote:

adambrau wrote:
Why are people supportive of a foreign carrier serving BCN-MEX?

Why would they not? Protectionism can be an understandable sentiment; but this is a route no one else is flying, so why not be happy that at least someone finally does?

Fair enough I suppose. Just don't understand why if a local carrier can't make it work, why could a foreign carrier do so? As Americans we are pretty generous with 5th freedom/open skies agreements into the USA and our US3 seem to be doing fine. Looking forward to visiting Greece in February on EK and work on my tan ;)
Let's keep the skies friendly.

SQ789

Re: Emirates start BCN-MEX

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 am

When will they began service to MEX?
We are Freedom & Peace Sharing the passion for aviation

chrisp390

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 am

Misleading title, this is the same thing with the authorities negotiating with Level and EK about 5th freedom BCN-MEX but some newspaper is taking it as a done deal and running with it!

alexwm

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 am

adambrau wrote:
Why are people supportive of a foreign carrier serving BCN-MEX? Because AM or IB don't? (I'm not sure)? I am a UA flyer so don't have a stake in this battle. Just curious.

Because the reality is that Iberia's long-haul network is entirely based out of MAD and will never launch such service from BCN. We typically rely on foreign carriers to serve long-haul routes from BCN (Avianca and Latam to Latin America; US3 to the US; Emirates and Qatar to ME; Singapore, Cathay, Korean and Asiana to Asia, etc).

Level is the exception and could be a candidate but their branding and route strategy seems more focused on the leisure market and I don't consider MEX to fall in that category.

LAX772LR

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 am

adambrau wrote:
Just don't understand why if a local carrier can't make it work, why could a foreign carrier do so?

Any number of reasons:
  • Lower costs
  • More capable fleet type
  • More efficient fleet type
  • Operational restrictions against providing a nonstop from its home country
  • Etc

But then again, realize that your question is based on a potentially-false premise: just because a local carrier has chosen not to fly it, doesn't mean that a local carrier can't make it work.

People always forget to take the all-important Opportunity Cost into account:
IB could likely make $X profit with an aircraft flying BCN-MEX; but if that same aircraft could earn $X+1 or more, by flying somewhere else, then IB would be losing potential revenue by placing it on BCN-MEX, even if that route itself was profitable.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

flyingqueen

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 am

I feel AM planning team is sleeping. First, American announces MEX-PHL, and now Emirates announces MEX-BCN. When will they wake up?

JayBCNLON

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:22 am

The background to this is that there is a significant „independence“ movement in the Spanish region of Catalonia, where a large portion of the population hates anything Spanish, who believe that there are „political prisoners“ wearing yellow ribbons to show their support, displaying Catalan flags on balconies, holding rallyes every other day in front of my house in Gran Via in Barcelona and unconstitutional rederendums for independence. Parts of the population and of the regional authorities welcome and support anything that undermines Spanish sovereignty, and that would include allowing foreign carriers 5th freedom rights.

Not sure if SQ‘s GRU flights from BCN were such a failure at the beginning. I flew it a few times and it was always full, whereby it was mostly local traffic between BCN and GRU and hardly any passengers. travelling all the way from SIN (my observation at least). But with the bankruptcy of Spanair (btw helped by the Spanish government trying to avoid the rise of a national Catalan flag carrier involving Qatar Airways) and the change of alliances by TAM the local Star Alliance feed vanished on both ends of the tag on flight, changing its economics significantly.

xorrygva

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
jcleal wrote:

2016 DUB-ZRH-MEX
2017 DUB-PTY-MEX

EK actually never really communicated about the Swiss decision (they just complained about Swiss' pressure on that decision). Note that the demand between GVA and MEX is higher than between ZRH and MEX. But BCN would definitely be a better option.

KrustyTheKlown

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:01 am

flyingqueen wrote:
I feel AM planning team is sleeping. First, American announces MEX-PHL, and now Emirates announces MEX-BCN. When will they wake up?

AA planned MEX-PHL for connections to/from Europe with a small O/D component. I doubt AM was ever interested in PHL as they can serve the small O/D market with Delta via ATL.

MEX-BCN on the other hand could be a lost opportunity for AM as they can only serve that market with skyteam partner Air Europa via MAD (or less efficiently via CDG or AMS). According to this Spanish article the MEX-BCN market is around 130,000 passengers/year (excluding passengers using high speed rail from Madrid to Barcelona), those numbers are enough for 1 airline operating the route but not for 2 airlines (and less so if EK uses an A380 for it, as it's possible given that EK 186 and EK188 are currently operated with A380s).

abrelosojos

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 am

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
flyingqueen wrote:

AA planned MEX-PHL for connections to/from Europe with a small O/D component. I doubt AM was ever interested in PHL as they can serve the small O/D market with Delta via ATL.

MEX-BCN on the other hand could be a lost opportunity for AM as they can only serve that market with skyteam partner Air Europa via MAD (or less efficiently via CDG or AMS). According to this Spanish article the MEX-BCN market is around 130,000 passengers/year (excluding passengers using high speed rail from Madrid to Barcelona), those numbers are enough for 1 airline operating the route but not for 2 airlines (and less so if EK uses an A380 for it, as it's possible given that EK 186 and EK188 are currently operated with A380s).

= I agree with the above. Give AM some credit. Despite their crazy high cost structure, they are the only Mexican airline that is consistently profitable and despite their CASK gap with say Volaris or Viva, manage to do well. Having said that, I do think that AM planning team needs a big push and wake up. They have a new SVP and VP in place in planning and strategy and I think both are very very good. Both are also known to be aggressive and so I do hope they react and put some pressure on. Once Emirates joins BCN-MEX, I see absolutely no way of AM serving it profitably.

Saludos,
Alex

PS: I agree with the PHL sentiment. I just checked and it is like 30 PDEWs. AM would be foolish to send the plane to the U.S. given Mexico-USA relations right now.
Live, and let live.

CARST

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:34 am

LAX772LR wrote:
adambrau wrote:
Just don't understand why if a local carrier can't make it work, why could a foreign carrier do so?

Any number of reasons:
  • Lower costs
  • More capable fleet type
  • More efficient fleet type
  • Operational restrictions against providing a nonstop from its home country
  • Etc

But then again, realize that your question is based on a potentially-false premise: just because a local carrier has chosen not to fly it, doesn't mean that a local carrier can't make it work.

People always forget to take the all-important Opportunity Cost into account:
IB could likely make $X profit with an aircraft flying BCN-MEX; but if that same aircraft could earn $X+1 or more, by flying somewhere else, then IB would be losing potential revenue by placing it on BCN-MEX, even if that route itself was profitable.

I think there are two more reasons not mentioned by you LAX772LR:

(1) The local carrier might just not be interested in operating such a non-hub point to point route if that is against its business model. At least for Iberia this seems to be true. They want to funnel all traffic through Madrid. (Of course the same is true for BA with London, LH with Frankfurt and Munich, as well as AF with Paris.) The other Spanish airlines don't seem big enough to fly such a marginal route scheduled all year round; but they might do it as charter work.

(2) So this would leave only Aeromexico, who could operate it from their MEX hub. But still, Aeromexico would have to fill a complete aircraft to make the route work, while a foreign airline would only have to fill the seats of the passengers who won't fly the full route (DXB-MEX). That's an advantage for a foreign carrier, too: "having to fill less seats".

AF022

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

Where does TK fly in Latin America? Are their routes just for glamour and not making money?

worldranger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am

Possible cargo popential here also. EK fly their 77F full from ZAZ to MEX regularly.

SCQ83

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 am

JayBCNLON wrote:
The background to this is that there is a significant „independence“ movement in the Spanish region of Catalonia, where a large portion of the population hates anything Spanish, who believe that there are „political prisoners“ wearing yellow ribbons to show their support, displaying Catalan flags on balconies, holding rallyes every other day in front of my house in Gran Via in Barcelona and unconstitutional rederendums for independence. Parts of the population and of the regional authorities welcome and support anything that undermines Spanish sovereignty, and that would include allowing foreign carriers 5th freedom rights.

Indeed, this looks like Catalonian independentists and Emirates (what a weird mix) together in bed to put pressure and "make this happen" by announcing it.

In any case, I don't see the excitement about this route. I could understand the excitement is they were to announce something like DXB-BCN-PTY that no one would otherwise serve (Copa cannot serve it, and LEVEL or Norwegian are not going to serve it). For BCN, it would be much better to have Aeromexico, with a hub in MEX to connect further into Mexico and Central America. With EK in that route, Aeromexico is gone.

pabloeing
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:55 am

I see LEVEL in the route from BCN to MEX too.......

pabloeing
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 am

I see LEVEL in the route from BCN to MEX too.......

MalevTU134

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 am

AF022 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

Where does TK fly in Latin America? Are their routes just for glamour and not making money?

Glamour and, even more, politics.

SCQ83

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:58 am

AF022 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

I have no idea whether those routes are profitable or not, but I don't think Turkish will have problems filling planes to GRU or EZE.

Traffic flows between Beirut and, particularly, Tel Aviv to Brazil and Argentina are very important. And IST is perfectly located for those connections.

Why do you think Iberia/El Al (codeshare) fly up to 4 daily MAD-TLV including Iberia flying A330s?

migair54

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Actually the route is not yet announce, they have the clearance from the Spanish side, but not yet from Mexico side, so let's see what happen with that.

xorrygva wrote:
EK actually never really communicated about the Swiss decision (they just complained about Swiss' pressure on that decision). Note that the demand between GVA and MEX is higher than between ZRH and MEX. But BCN would definitely be a better option.

GVA to MEX could have higher yields in the front cabins, but maybe not the same high volume of traffic than BCN.

alexwm wrote:
Because the reality is that Iberia's long-haul network is entirely based out of MAD and will never launch such service from BCN. We typically rely on foreign carriers to serve long-haul routes from BCN (Avianca and Latam to Latin America; US3 to the US; Emirates and Qatar to ME; Singapore, Cathay, Korean and Asiana to Asia, etc).

Similar to MAN in the UK.

worldranger wrote:
Possible cargo popential here also. EK fly their 77F full from ZAZ to MEX regularly.

It is true, but I think that flight has big volume cargo rather than heavy weight, so I am not sure if EK could replace the 77F only with this flight on B77W.

I think this flight will could take away a lot of traffic from the US airlines.

I am not sure if IB/Level or AM could make the route work, having all the data and the option to do it, they did not do, so I guess the traffic is not that good, and I think in case anyone could operate the route, that one should be AM, since MEX is their main hub.

SCQ83 wrote:
In any case, I don't see the excitement about this route. I could understand the excitement is they were to announce something like DXB-BCN-PTY that no one would otherwise serve (Copa cannot serve it, and LEVEL or Norwegian are not going to serve it). For BCN, it would be much better to have Aeromexico, with a hub in MEX to connect further into Mexico and Central America. With EK in that route, Aeromexico is gone.

I agree with you partially, for PAX having the route is great, however like you said it could be much better to have AM and the network out of MEX.

jcleal wrote:

I am not sure about that, but I think that one of the main problems was that Copa promised something to EK and later Copa changed the conditions and possibilities of connecting pax between both, Maybe because of Skyteam members pressure.

MalevTU134

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
AF022 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

I have no idea whether those routes are profitable or not, but I don't think Turkish will have problems filling planes to GRU or EZE.

Traffic flows between Beirut and, particularly, Tel Aviv to Brazil and Argentina are very important. And IST is perfectly located for those connections.

Why do you think Iberia/El Al (codeshare) fly up to 4 daily MAD-TLV including Iberia flying A330s?

GRU and EZE are another thing, you are right. I should have been more specific. I mean the BOG/PTY and even more the HAV/CCS flights.

And I don't have the numbers, but connecting traffic to GRU and EZE must be a minimal part of the TLV-MAD traffic. Having lived in both São Paulo and Buenos Aires, and having jewish friends in both places, I can tell you that, sure, there are somewhat large jewish communities in both cities (more so in Buenos Aires), but still, they are not thaaaat many, and most are 2nd or 3rd generation, they no longer speak Hebrew, and they don't go to Israel with any great frequency (if at all). After all, Spain is one of the World's tourist magnets, and Israelis are among the most travelling peoples per capita, so no wonder TLV-MAD is having 4 dailies...

Tailwinds13

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:06 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
AF022 wrote:

GRU and EZE are another thing, you are right. I should have been more specific. I mean the BOG/PTY and even more the HAV/CCS flights.

And I don't have the numbers, but connecting traffic to GRU and EZE must be a minimal part of the TLV-MAD traffic. Having lived in both São Paulo and Buenos Aires, and having jewish friends in both places, I can tell you that, sure, there are somewhat large jewish communities in both cities (more so in Buenos Aires), but still, they are not thaaaat many, and most are 2nd or 3rd generation, they no longer speak Hebrew, and they don't go to Israel with any great frequency (if at all). After all, Spain is one of the World's tourist magnets, and Israelis are among the most travelling peoples per capita, so no wonder TLV-MAD is having 4 dailies...

This is true. We’re at 3rd generation largely now. Us younger Jews of Latin America aren’t as committed to the religion as our predecessors and we have little reason to go to Israel outside of visiting those who made Aliyah or for Birthright. Makes me giggle to see a.betters hype up the demand between EZE/GRU to TLV.

abrelosojos

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:27 pm

I had one of my team members look at BCN numbers, and AM would be foolish not to make a bold statement and introduce BCN. This route has implications for AM beyond BCN. With DXB, this will also pull traffic marginally from some of their connecting routes at AMS and CDG. However, it seems to make it happen, they would have to pull capacity from somewhere else. Our fleet database shows that they received a 789 in January and another one comes in June. Surely, it is committed to their network by now.

Saludos,
Alex
Live, and let live.

2travel2know2

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:50 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

I agree with you partially, for PAX having the route is great, however like you said it could be much better to have AM and the network out of MEX.

jcleal wrote:

I am not sure about that, but I think that one of the main problems was that Copa promised something to EK and later Copa changed the conditions and possibilities of connecting pax between both, Maybe because of Skyteam members pressure.

The route is actually good for both BCN and MEX. Wouldn't worry that much about not being AM flying between MEX and BCN, in these times of code-share or attractive interline, there'd be a fair % of connecting traffic in MEX, BCN and DXB.

Rumor's that when CM noticed the future bookings and the imminent EK flight cancellations to come, code-sharing EK was going to force CM pay to fly the cancelled flights passengers between their origins and destinations.
IMHO, There was so much hype about EK flying to PTY and IMHO, it was to please some people grandiose ego about Panama being Dubai.
Had EK studied its entry to PTY as a tag-on from a very attractive and accesible European airport, at least thrice weekly to start, probably EK could be flying to PTY by now, partly via Europe party non-stop.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

razokamek

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 pm

pabloeing wrote:
DXB-BCN-MEX in B777-300ER

No, I think that it will be served in 777-200LR, like DXB-FLL and DXB-GRU-SCL

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos