Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flydulles
Topic Author

New southwest schedule release due march 8th!!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:33 pm

New southwest schedule release due march 8th!

SteveXC500

Re: New southwest schedule release due march 8th!!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Correct. However, they are really only extending from Oct 1st through Nov 3rd. With that small of a window, not much "new" is expected. Maybe some frequency and possible seasonal route changes.

Anyone want to share any rumored routes?

wnflyguy

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 pm

My guesses?
No Hawaii flights Announcement yet.
Possibly more LAX additions.
PAE schedule.
Normal summer to winter seasonal shifts.

Flyguy

flydulles
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Oh wow I would of thought they get through thanksgiving maybe Christmas and New Year's in this release wow!

southwest1675

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Probably nothing much in general. Although one day they’ll add BNA-PDX/IND

iflykpdx

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:03 pm

When's the next extension after this?

SteveXC500

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Probably May timeframe.

Jshank83

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:23 pm

This is when they added new international routes last year. I would think that would be about the only adds that could happen this extension. Not much, if anything else.

zackary747

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Correct. However, they are really only extending from Oct 1st through Nov 3rd. With that small of a window, not much "new" is expected. Maybe some frequency and possible seasonal route changes.

Anyone want to share any rumored routes?

They could add something within the existing schedule too. They only added 5 routes network wide last time around.

zackary747

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 pm

I hope IND-BNA comes with this one.

ADrum23

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 pm

zackary747 wrote:
I hope IND-BNA comes with this one.

I wish, but I don’t think BNA will see anything in this schedule extension since ATL was announced last time.

SeaDoo

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
My guesses?
No Hawaii flights Announcement yet.
Possibly more LAX additions.
PAE schedule.
Normal summer to winter seasonal shifts.

Flyguy

I hope your right about PAE. I am real curious how this will work out for all airlines, in particular WN and.AS.

tomaheath

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 pm

All I want is to see something for Manchester!

cvgComair

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Let's hope the growth at CVG continues! I am hoping they make PHX year round, plus perhaps another destination. I know I may trigger an enthusiastic response from a certain user :? , but WN identified that Texas, Southeast, and the Northwest are the regions to be targeted from CVG.

None of the Texas stations seem likely, perhaps HOU now that F9 dropped the route, but DAL/AUS are too crowded IMO. The Southeast makes more sense as ATL/MCO/RSW/TPA/FLL all have a lot of demand. For the Northwest, I honestly have no clue, BOS seems like too big of a gamble for WN against DL, but you never know. MDW/BWI/DEN/PHX were the pretty obvious choices, but this is where it will get interesting...

SANFan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 am

I'm sure PAE, as Hawaii, will not just show up in a schedule extension such as this upcoming one. These totally important new destinations should be announced as separate press releases so WN can get maximum press for them. The flight skeds will simply be added to the appropriate already-announced skeds in effect at that time.

As I also said in the previous (now non-existant?) thread about the March 8 extension, I doubt we'll see anything much. Perhaps a couple more seasonal adjustments but, as has already been mentioned, this extension is for about a month, in the interim period between Fall and Winter, and will just precede the DST shut off for 2018. I really don't know why WN even bothers... seems like a lot of work for no particular reason.

bb

jplatts

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 am

cvgComair wrote:
Let's hope the growth at CVG continues! I am hoping they make PHX year round, plus perhaps another destination. I know I may trigger an enthusiastic response from a certain user :? , but WN identified that Texas, Southeast, and the Northwest are the regions to be targeted from CVG.

None of the Texas stations seem likely, perhaps HOU now that F9 dropped the route, but DAL/AUS are too crowded IMO. The Southeast makes more sense as ATL/MCO/RSW/TPA/FLL all have a lot of demand. For the Northwest, I honestly have no clue, BOS seems like too big of a gamble for WN against DL, but you never know. MDW/BWI/DEN/PHX were the pretty obvious choices, but this is where it will get interesting...

Did you mean Northeast instead of Northwest? BOS is located in the Northeast, not in the Northwest.

Most of the post-Wright Amendment WN nonstop route adds to Texas from destinations that did not have nonstop service to Texas on WN prior to the repeal of the Wright Amendment have been to DAL, including nonstop service to DAL from BUR, CMH, DTW, OMA, ONT, SMF, and SFO. There is also more O&D demand to CVG from DFW/DAL than there is to some of the other destinations that are already served nonstop from DAL on WN.

WN adding CVG-BNA nonstop service is another possibility since WN has been recently expanding at BNA and since BNA is located in the Southeast.

WN has also recently stated that it wants to further expand out of LAS, and WN could also possibly add CVG-LAS nonstop service.

wnflyguy

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:14 am

Off topic but Anyone know when the Open slots for HAV get awarded?

Flyguy

cvgComair

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 am

jplatts wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Did you mean Northeast instead of Northwest? BOS is located in the Northeast, not in the Northwest.

Most of the post-Wright Amendment WN nonstop route adds to Texas from destinations that did not have nonstop service to Texas on WN prior to the repeal of the Wright Amendment have been to DAL, including nonstop service to DAL from BUR, CMH, DTW, OMA, ONT, SMF, and SFO. There is also more O&D demand to CVG from DFW/DAL than there is to some of the other destinations that are already served nonstop from DAL on WN.

WN adding CVG-BNA nonstop service is another possibility since WN has been recently expanding at BNA and since BNA is located in the Southeast.

WN has also recently stated that it wants to further expand out of LAS, and WN could also possibly add CVG-LAS nonstop service.

Yeah, I meant northeast.

BNA is a curious idea, it would allow a lot of connections to Florida/ATL without much direct competition with DL. My guess is LAS will be added later next year during the peak spring/summer time, so probably a few schedule extensions to go for that one.

ADrum23

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 am

cvgComair wrote:
jplatts wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Yeah, I meant northeast.

BNA is a curious idea, it would allow a lot of connections to Florida/ATL without much direct competition with DL. My guess is LAS will be added later next year during the peak spring/summer time, so probably a few schedule extensions to go for that one.

I really don’t think there is a market for CVG-BNA on WN. The existing DL flight doesn’t do super well and it is fairly close. What connections would BNA offer that CVG couldn’t get in a place like STL (which I believe they will add) the existing BWI flight?

If WN enters CVG-BNA, you can kiss DL goodbye off that route.

jplatts

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:26 am

ADrum23 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
jplatts wrote:

I really don’t think there is a market for CVG-BNA on WN. The existing DL flight doesn’t do super well and it is fairly close. What connections would BNA offer that CVG couldn’t get in a place like STL (which I believe they will add) the existing BWI flight?

WN does serve CLT and JAX nonstop from BNA but not from STL. However, WN already serves both CLT and JAX nonstop from both MDW and BWI, and connections to CLT and JAX can be made from CVG through BWI and MDW on WN.

On the other hand, WN adding CVG-STL nonstop service would provide connecting opportunities from CVG to destinations not served nonstop from either CVG or MDW, including ICT, DSM, LIT, and TUL. In addition, WN adding CVG-STL nonstop service would provide additional options for connections to OMA, MCI, DAL, HOU, AUS, SAT, and MSY from CVG.

cvgComair

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:34 am

ADrum23 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Yeah, I meant northeast.

Yeah, idk, just trying to figure out what they mean by adding service to the Southwest. Starting ATL is only asking for trouble and as previously discussed, the Florida routes are really crowded.

stl07

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:54 am

STL/BNA/IND/MCI to another latin american/caribbean destination with service already on it

SWAplanner

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:42 pm

No Hawaii announcement with this schedule release.

LotsaRunway

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Anyone know what the airframe difference is between this year and last? It seems some markets are still getting trimmed to fund expansion in others.

wnflyguy

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 pm

SWAplanner wrote:
No Hawaii announcement with this schedule release.

Doesn't get anymore blunt than that!
Thanks for the update!

Flyguy

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 pm

I would be amazed if BNA gets another announcement tomorrow.

flydulles
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Hearing houston to Milwaukee....

jplatts

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 pm

flydulles wrote:

WN starts HOU-MKE, AUA-FLL, and CVG-PHX nonstop service tomorrow.

ADrum23

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I would be amazed if BNA gets another announcement tomorrow.

BNA isn’t getting anything tomorrow, but they probably will the next extension in May (I think that’s when it is)

jplatts

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
flydulles wrote:

This on their route map?

All three of these nonstop routes were already announced last year, and all three of these nonstop routes are already on the route map.

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 pm

jplatts wrote:
flydulles wrote:

This on their route map?

tbboko802

SWA posts HOU-SDF and HOU-CMH

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Southwest airlines has 2 new daily routes from Houston Hobby to Louisville, KY (begins October 3, 2018) and Columbus, Ohio (begins October 3, 2018) listed in the new flight schedule on the SWA website. Louisville is a new route and Columbus has previously only appeared as a holiday season 1-2x/week flight.

Jshank83

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:12 pm

I have seen SDF/CMH-HOU mentioned on another thread.

Next Update on May 31st goes through January 6

SteveXC500

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm

MSP picks up an additional MDW segment (8 daily) vs the prior schedule extension. 26 flights to 9 cities. Nothing new!

dolphinflyer

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:36 pm

ALB-LAS n/s gets reinstated with this schedule release.

WaywardMemphian

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm

MEM/DEN, about damn time

flydulles
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm

How are you all finding this all so fast? Did Dulles get anything new??

modernArt

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 pm

El Paso - Denver is on the route map. Was that previously announced?

flydulles
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Wow next schedule release not till 31 may goes through January 6 that seems like a long gap ... to me.

greenair727

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Any CLE updates?

WN1196

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Southwest adds OKC-BNA

gerstetm

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:04 pm

STL get any new flights?

AWACSooner

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

WN1196 wrote:
Southwest adds OKC-BNA

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

edit: looking at dummy bookings, I'm not seeing it...any idea when it starts?
Last edited by AWACSooner on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southwest1675

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

BNA folks are hearing OKC or PDX.

TWA302

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Is there any reason why WN does not have any International routes out of DAL? I just booked STL-SJD and never knew this after scanning the route map.

TWA302

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm

gerstetm wrote:
STL get any new flights?

I don't see anything new.

red66mustang

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Is there any reason why WN does not have any International routes out of DAL? I just booked STL-SJD and never knew this after scanning the route map.

Current iteration of the Wright Amendment (5-Party Agreement) prohibits it

flydulles
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

How do you all get these flights before it gets updated on route map? Did Dulles get anything?

gerstetm

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

flydulles wrote:
How do you all get these flights before it gets updated on route map? Did Dulles get anything?

Wondering the same thing.

WN1196

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:16 pm

AWACSooner wrote:
WN1196 wrote:
Southwest adds OKC-BNA

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

edit: looking at dummy bookings, I'm not seeing it...any idea when it starts?

Ya I just looked and can not find it in the bookings either. I just saw it on the route map

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos