Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Eirules

Re: Irish 3/18: Snowploughs and Shamrocks

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:24 pm

OA260 wrote:
'I'm very frightened': Stories from people who were denied entry at Ireland's border

New research found some people denied entry were held in prisons for a number of days before being sent back to their country of origin.Some detainees appear not to have been put on the next available flight, despite being aware that there were several flights back to their airport of origin that day, and in two cases included in the research, they had offered to pay for their own fare.

Case studies

A young Somali man was held for five hours at the airport before being transferred to Cloverhill Prison. He was refused leave to land because immigration officers at Dublin Airport did not believe he was in Ireland as a tourist, despite his being scheduled to fly back to the Scandinavian country where he had refugee status two weeks later.
In this man’s case, there was no flight back to the Scandinavian country from which he had travelled to Ireland that day. He was told he might be removed two days later, on Thursday. He offered to buy his own ticket back home, but was informed “that’s not how it works”.
Two men from Hong Kong were refused leave to land at Dublin Airport and held werethere from 11pm until 10am the following day. They were given food and water in the morning, but said they’d had to ask for it.

http://www.thejournal.ie/border-control ... 7-Mar2018/

The journal is a trash publication with a complete lack of impartiality. Does it mention why all these people weren’t allowed in, how much it’s costing to protect Ireland’s borders from people trafficking etc. I’m happy to welcome ANYONE to the country as long as they’re here legitimately, either to work or study or as a genuine tourist. Problem is, there’s a lot of people who don’t fall into those categories

BrianDromey

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:33 pm

kaitak wrote:
Someone getting a bit confused ... Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. No 330neos planned by EI. Doesn't offer any great advantage over the current 330s.

On the contrary I think the 330neo is the perfect replacement for the A332s, as they come off lease. I know Kaitak and I feel slightly differently about the A339/359 future potential fleet at EI, but Airbus aren't going to make the A333 forever. 'Im not convinced that the A350 offers EI a huge amount on its bread and butter routes to the US and Canada. With the second runway, if EI launch the likes of CPT and SIN/KUL I think the A350 might be more tempting, but otherwise I think the future for EI will be with the A321LR and A339.

mast2407

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
Doubt it will be EI, and I hope it’s direct! Routing something via EDI or anywhere else just isn’t goi g to give the route the shot it deserves

Yes, and as I posted above, EDI's Chinese traffic is nothing compared to DUB's - hopefully they'll recognise this, and give DUB the stand-alone service that it deserves.

Cheers,

C.

Edinburgh Airport to announce China flights
Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport ... -1-4705583

However, an industry observer feared Edinburgh could lose out to Dublin if the Irish capital generated more passengers and the Scottish leg was ditched by Hainan. Ireland does not charge air passenger duty - which will add £83 per passenger to the cost of a ticket from Edinburgh - and the Scottish Government's plans to halve the tax have been shelved.

OA260

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:27 pm

kaitak wrote:
Someone getting a bit confused ... Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. No 330neos planned by EI. Doesn't offer any great advantage over the current 330s.

We will see those before we see the A350 in EI livery.

Galwayman

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Disappointed to hear LK is doing the uniform again after the current bag lady disaster . Hopefully someone at IAG will be keeping an eye on things

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Sorry, what's the bag lady disaster?!!

eirflot

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Not sure LK can be described as a bag lady!!!

planemanofnz

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:53 am

Confirmation on the HU DUB flights - see: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/pts ... -1.3427530.

China’s Hainan Airways has given the green light for the first direct flights from Dublin to Beijing. The flights, announced during Tánaiste Simon Coveney’s St Patrick’s Day visit to China, will deliver a boost to trade and tourism between the two countries, writes Clifford Coonan in the Chinese capital.

There is another report in the Examiner - see: https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/v ... 68317.html.

Initially, four Hainan flights per week will originate in Dublin. Two will be non-stop to Beijing while the other two will stop in Edinburgh to pick up additional passengers before going on to Beijing.

IMHO, it's a shame that CA is not operating this flight, given its superior PEK connections.

It's also a shame that the service will be shared with EDI, which is a lot weaker than DUB.

Cheers,

C.

OA260

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 am

Official announcement from Dublin Airport as if we needed one. Its hardly been a secret. 18 months in the planning. Irish diplomats have been working hard to bring this route to Dublin. Indeed more staff will be employed too at the Irish Embassy in Beijing to help boost trade.

Hainan Airlines will launch a new year-round service from Dublin to Beijing starting on June 12.

Hainan, which is China’s largest independent airline, will operate flights from Dublin to Beijing four times per week. On two days per week, the service will be direct non-stop flights between Dublin and Beijing. On the other two days, the flights will operate with a stopover in Edinburgh.

The new route was announced at a reception in the Irish Embassy in Beijing today attended by the Tánaiste Simon Coveney T.D. and representatives from Dublin Airport, Hainan Airlines, Beijing Airport and Tourism Ireland.

“This first ever direct route to mainland China and the first Irish destination in Hainan Airlines’ international network is a major achievement, which will prove transformational to the bilateral relationship between China and Ireland,” the Tánaiste said.

“This is a hugely significant announcement for the Irish economy,” said Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison. “Hainan’s new Dublin-Beijing route links not just our two capital cities, but also our two countries. It is great news for tourism and trade and this improved connectivity will create new jobs throughout Ireland,” Mr Harrison added.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... jing-route

Skyblue39

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:18 am

A330-300 will operate the route.

The direct Beijing-Dublin flights will operate on Thursdays and Sundays. Flights will depart Beijing at 01:30, arriving in Dublin at 06:00. The direct Dublin-Beijing service will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays and will depart Dublin Airport at 11:10, arriving in Beijing at 05:00 the following day.

The Beijing-Edinburgh-Dublin service will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Flights will depart Beijing at 01:30, arriving in Dublin at 09:10 via Edinburgh. The Dublin-Edinburgh-Beijing service will operate on Thursdays and Sundays, departing at 08:00 and arriving in Beijing via Edinburgh at 05:00 the following day.

mast2407

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 am

Is there an A330 on the planet that hasn't been through DUB yet? We must find it and bring it here if there is one left. ;)

In all seriousness though, great news and great to see hard work manifesting in reality.

LTenEleven

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 am

An 08:00/11:10 depature from Dublin with a 05:00 arrival in Beijing is the perfect flight to get no sleep whatsoever and arrived wrecked. The flight back is quite a bit better in that regard.

OA260

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

mast2407 wrote:
Is there an A330 on the planet that hasn't been through DUB yet? We must find it and bring it here if there is one left. ;)

In all seriousness though, great news and great to see hard work manifesting in reality.

But we might get a special Dublin livery one similar to MAN. ;)

Skyblue39

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Another new route announcement today for DUB:

Ryanair once weekly Dublin - Dalaman eff 24JUN
Runs once weekly on Sundays during S18

Price €39 OW

Source ryanair.com

OA260

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:
Another new route announcement today for DUB:

Ryanair once weekly Dublin - Dalaman eff 24JUN
Runs once weekly on Sundays during S18

Price €39 OW

Source ryanair.com

A cautious increase in flights to Turkey. Its making a come back from Ireland after huge cuts in response to terror attacks and political instability. If things remain calm we will see more routes and frequencies introduced by various carriers.

leghorn

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:40 pm

3300km for €39. Bargain!

EI321

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Great to see Hainan finally announced. Didn't they also get route rights to Guangzhou?

Skyblue39

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:08 pm

EI321 wrote:
Great to see Hainan finally announced. Didn't they also get route rights to Guangzhou?

They had also applied for Dublin-Shenzhen

BrianDromey

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Being and Hong Kong, all in one year? This is excellent news for Dublin. HNA don't seem the most stable at the moment, so I wonder if they are making all these international route announcements to ensure some sort of government bail-out/prop-up. Surely an international Chineese airline going bankrupt would be deeply shameful for the Chinese government, in a way that a domestic airline wouldn't.

Skyblue39

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:30 pm

With passenger volumes at DUB up 5% on last year and the below route announcements for this year, we could see over 31M in 2018.

25Mar EI Philadelphia
25Mar FR Marrakech
26Mar FR Paphos
03May OU Zagreb
08May FI Keflavík
18May EI Seattle
18May BA Manchester
02Jun CX Hong Kong
03Jun AC Montréal
04Jun LM Carlisle
12Jun HU Beijing
24Jun FR Dalaman
28Oct FR Frankfurt
28Oct FR Luxembourg

ClassicLover

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm

kaitak wrote:
Sorry, what's the bag lady disaster?!!

The current EI uniform... you know, the one that makes your eyes bleed when you look at it.

They have the same designer doing the new one. Let's hope Louise Kennedy hits it out of the park this time...

Eirules

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:
With passenger volumes at DUB up 5% on last year and the below route announcements for this year, we could see over 31M in 2018.

25Mar EI Philadelphia
25Mar FR Marrakech
26Mar FR Paphos
03May OU Zagreb
08May FI Keflavík
18May EI Seattle
18May BA Manchester
02Jun CX Hong Kong
03Jun AC Montréal
04Jun LM Carlisle
12Jun HU Beijing
24Jun FR Dalaman
28Oct FR Frankfurt
28Oct FR Luxembourg

I didn’t know BA we’re launching Manchester?

OA260

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Eirules wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:

British Airways Launch New Dublin-Manchester Route
Dublin Airport welcomes today’s announcement from British Airways that it is to launch a new weekly service from Dublin to Manchester from May 2018.

The airline also announced that it is to increase frequency on its Dublin to London City route from 32 to 36 flights per week.

Welcoming the announcement Dublin Airport Managing Director said “I am delighted to see British Airways expand its route network at Dublin Airport. I have no doubt that this route with be hugely popular for both Irish and UK passengers.”

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... ster-route

eirflot

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Not sure the current EI uniform is that bad actually - though personally I preferred the Ib creation

I do believe there has been a general decline in grooming and appearance at EI and there are ocassions that the uniforms look like they have been slept in - not sure that's the uniforms fault

Some style, design and elegance is required - maybe back to hats, gloves and absolutely no trousers for female cabin crew

Just a personal observation

OA260

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 pm

eirflot wrote:
Not sure the current EI uniform is that bad actually - though personally I preferred the Ib creation

I do believe there has been a general decline in grooming and appearance at EI and there are ocassions that the uniforms look like they have been slept in - not sure that's the uniforms fault

Some style, design and elegance is required - maybe back to hats, gloves and absolutely no trousers for female cabin crew

There has in some instances been a decline in apperance and funny enough I recently read the handbook that is given to crew with regards this subject. The rules in the handbook are certainly quite strict but it does also state that some rules are at the discretion of the employees manager. One manager may take a different view then the next. As for trousers I see no issue at all with female cabin crew wearing them. This is 2018 and a choice should always be given to the female crew on what they feel comfortable in.

Eirules

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 pm

OA260 wrote:
eirflot wrote:

There has in some instances been a decline in apperance and funny enough I recently read the handbook that is given to crew with regards this subject. The rules in the handbook are certainly quite strict but it does also state that some rules are at the discretion of the employees manager. One manager may take a different view then the next. As for trousers I see no issue at all with female cabin crew wearing them. This is 2018 and a choice should always be given to the female crew on what they feel comfortable in.

Should the same option be afforded to men / transsexuals / transvestites who wish to wear skirts?

shamrock350

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Eirules wrote:
OA260 wrote:
eirflot wrote:

Should the same option be afforded to men / transsexuals / transvestites who wish to wear skirts?

Well with regards to trans employees, yes! Those individuals would be able to wear the uniform for the gender they identify with. Now transvestites and men in skirts is slightly different and more of a grey area, they shouldn't be thrown in the same category as transgender people as it's a totally different spectrum. I'm not sure what rights and man in a skirt or transvestite would have legally to challenge a company uniform policy.

I see no problem in female cabin crew wearing trousers, so long as the trousers are of good quality and design like the rest of the uniform should be.

eirflot

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 pm

As I said a personal opinion expressed
Trousers okay if the crew want them - just don't think they will do anything, especially if there is green in the uniform
A little bit like the OS red tights - you either love them or hate them.
Manager discretion can be a good thing but I am not sure it is wise when an iconic brand is involved. My view is that all should conform and individuality can be little things - jewellery, etc.

mast2407

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 am

shamrock350 wrote:
Eirules wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Well with regards to trans employees, yes! Those individuals would be able to wear the uniform for the gender they identify with. Now transvestites and men in skirts is slightly different and more of a grey area, they shouldn't be thrown in the same category as transgender people as it's a totally different spectrum. I'm not sure what rights and man in a skirt or transvestite would have legally to challenge a company uniform policy.

I see no problem in female cabin crew wearing trousers, so long as the trousers are of good quality and design like the rest of the uniform should be.

Men who wear skirts are called transvestites or drag queens. Transexuals who wear skirts identify, I am presuming, as female, or a dragqueen... Transvestitism is a hobby, not a sexuality. I believe the term that the original commenter was looking for was transgender, which would mean that the employee would pick their own sex, and identify with that. If that meant they wore a skirt, I am (again) presuming that the employee would identify as female.

And this is 2018, why even is this an issue...? You do realise we allow women the vote, and have jobs past marriage these days, right? We even trust them driving.

(That's geared towards Eirrules).

Eirules

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 am

mast2407 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Men who wear skirts are called transvestites or drag queens. Transexuals who wear skirts identify, I am presuming, as female, or a dragqueen... Transvestitism is a hobby, not a sexuality. I believe the term that the original commenter was looking for was transgender, which would mean that the employee would pick their own sex, and identify with that. If that meant they wore a skirt, I am (again) presuming that the employee would identify as female.

And this is 2018, why even is this an issue...? You do realise we allow women the vote, and have jobs past marriage these days, right? We even trust them driving.

Not really sure why it’s geared towards me. As an openly gay man I couldn’t give a rats arse if someone is straight, gay, bi, transsexual, transvestite (and thanks for the educational lesson but I already know the distinction) or anything else for that matter

I merely asked a question in relation to uniform. I work in a service industry & we provide options of skirts or trousers but there is zero uptake on skirts. There is also a tie for men & women, not one woman chooses to wear it. My point being, in this day & age companies MUST offer the same alternatives to all staff but I would suggest there will be f**k all uptake

mast2407

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:22 pm

Eirules wrote:
mast2407 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Not really sure why it’s geared towards me. As an openly gay man I couldn’t give a rats arse if someone is straight, gay, bi, transsexual, transvestite (and thanks for the educational lesson but I already know the distinction) or anything else for that matter

I merely asked a question in relation to uniform. I work in a service industry & we provide options of skirts or trousers but there is zero uptake on skirts. There is also a tie for men & women, not one woman chooses to wear it. My point being, in this day & age companies MUST offer the same alternatives to all staff but I would suggest there will be f**k all uptake

Sorry, I misinterpreted. Back in my box I go!

tonystan

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:35 pm

eirflot wrote:

You’re clearly a man!

alancostello

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Eirules wrote:
mast2407 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

As a fellow gay man, I would have hoped you'd be more considerate with your choice of terms, many trans individuals in our community find the terms transvestite and transsexual pejorative, and whether you give a rats arse or not, there's no need to be disrespectful.

We're not going to see 'men' ordering skirts for the same reason you don't walk in to a shop, boardroom, or anywhere else and see men wearing skirts, trans individuals will identify with whatever gender is appropriate to them and dress accordingly, and I don't think it's for any of us, or anybody else, to decide what they should or should not wear.

Eirules

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm

alancostello wrote:
Eirules wrote:
mast2407 wrote:

As a fellow gay man, I would have hoped you'd be more considerate with your choice of terms, many trans individuals in our community find the terms transvestite and transsexual pejorative, and whether you give a rats arse or not, there's no need to be disrespectful.

We're not going to see 'men' ordering skirts for the same reason you don't walk in to a shop, boardroom, or anywhere else and see men wearing skirts, trans individuals will identify with whatever gender is appropriate to them and dress accordingly, and I don't think it's for any of us, or anybody else, to decide what they should or should not wear.

It was never my intention to be disrespectful so if I was I apologize. I completely agree, if someone wants to wear a skirt or trousers or anything else for that matter then so be it. But I’m not entirely sure a family with kids boarding their Aer Lingus flight to Spain is going to be quite so open minded

alancostello

Re: Irish 3/18: Snowploughs and Shamrocksokan

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Eirules wrote:
alancostello wrote:
Eirules wrote:

It was never my intention to be disrespectful so if I was I apologize. I completely agree, if someone wants to wear a skirt or trousers or anything else for that matter then so be it. But I’m not entirely sure a family with kids boarding their Aer Lingus flight to Spain is going to be quite so open minded

I mean who are these hypothetical men who want to wear skirts that you’re talking about? Surely if there was someone wanting to we’d already see it, this isn’t going to be a new issue once the new uniform comes out. I think you’re drawing an unnecessary parallel between the potential of women wearing slacks and men wearing skirts. People aren’t going to bat an eye at a woman in slacks, and if they prefer it over the a skirt, so what?

eirflot

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Tonystan - yes I am a man! Does that matter? I was not aware that I am required to be something else if I am to express an opinion I have not so much fun on here in quite a while - and to think a uniform could cause such fun!

Where will it all end I wonder, especially since we have to wait until Spring 2019 to get a peek

Have a great, green and trousers free Paddys weekend!!!!! :biggrin:

Galwayman

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:34 pm

A more youthful uniform, including trousers , something like Air Canada rouge or Scoot would be a breath of fresh air

Presumably a new livery will be brought in with the A321LR fleet .... going to be controversial whatever they do

Phen

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Presumably a new livery will be brought in with the A321LR fleet .... going to be controversial whatever they do

Not necessarily; I think from a management point of view, the redesign and rollout of a new uniform will bring significant costs. I can't see EI bringing in a new livery for a few years yet. The current one is unlike any other in the sky at the moment and I'd rather a 20 year old unique livery than another "modern" bland eurowhite effort. I'd say yes to a very minor refresh like KLM did, but that's it. The logo hasn't dated very quickly like the last one and the font is classic and elegant; almost timeless. Its a strong brand as it is and they would need to be very careful not to ruin it like so many others have recently.

tonystan

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm

eirflot wrote:
Tonystan - yes I am a man! Does that matter? I was not aware that I am required to be something else if I am to express an opinion I have not so much fun on here in quite a while - and to think a uniform could cause such fun!

Where will it all end I wonder, especially since we have to wait until Spring 2019 to get a peek

Have a great, green and trousers free Paddys weekend!!!!! :biggrin:

It does kinda matter! A man says women should not wear trousers. It’s misogyny. The whole of Ireland is about to erupt in a war of such as a result of the upcoming referendum and personally I’d love not to witness this sort of archaic, old fashioned prejudice on this forum.

But in the spirit of a bit of craic and banter i say “trousers for trolly dollies” and ignore the irony of using such a term!

Cunard

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 pm

After all these months waiting with great anticipation of an official announcement regarding a Dublin to China link and all of a sudden we find that this thread has been hijacked by the fashion police and has become ''skirtgate''!

eirflot

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I see
I doubt that an Are Lingus uniform and the up coming referendum are on the same page, probably different books

For the record I did not say they could not wear trousers, I said i didn't like them
And I think you expressed your opinion perfectly when you referred to cabin crew as trolly dollies

eirflot

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 pm

I see
I doubt that an Are Lingus uniform and the up coming referendum are on the same page, probably different books

For the record I did not say they could not wear trousers, I said i didn't like them
And I think you expressed your opinion perfectly when you referred to cabin crew as trolly dollies - irony aside

:biggrin: :old:

TUGMASTER

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 am

Leave it out guys....
Aviation , Not, recreation ....

OA260

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:04 am

Happy St Patricks Day / Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh!

Its a cold one and some flights have been cancelled due to expected snow.

planemanofnz

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:35 am

How has there been next to zero analysis or discussion on HU's new PEK service? It's so significant for Irish aviation!

IMHO - the negatives:

- It's hugely disappointing the service is being tagged with EDI, given DUB has almost twice the Chinese traffic of EDI.
- It's hugely disappointing that HU has taken the rights, given its inferior connections at PEK, and financial vulnerability.
- It's disappointing that the 333 will be used and not the 789, in terms of the 333's higher costs and route sustainability.
- EI missed a huge first-mover advantage opportunity here, to reduce its over-reliance on all eggs in one basket (US).

IMHO - the positives:

- The route being to PEK will make it more sustainable than to SZX, given PEK's geography, and less overlap with HKG.
- HU is more likely than other Chinese carriers to launch more DUB services (think HU's BRU flights to PEK and SZX).

I really hope that the DAA and the government don't stop here - MU to PVG and CZ to CAN should also be targeted.

Cheers,

C.

mast2407

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 am

planemanofnz wrote:
How has there been next to zero analysis or discussion on HU's new PEK service? It's so significant for Irish aviation!

IMHO - the negatives:

- It's hugely disappointing the service is being tagged with EDI, given DUB has almost twice the Chinese traffic of EDI.
- It's hugely disappointing that HU has taken the rights, given its inferior connections at PEK, and financial vulnerability.
- It's disappointing that the 333 will be used and not the 789, in terms of the 333's higher costs and route sustainability.
- EI missed a huge first-mover advantage opportunity here, to reduce its over-reliance on all eggs in one basket (US).

IMHO - the positives:

- The route being to PEK will make it more sustainable than to SZX, given PEK's geography, and less overlap with HKG.
- HU is more likely than other Chinese carriers to launch more DUB services (think HU's BRU flights to PEK and SZX).

I really hope that the DAA and the government don't stop here - MU to PVG and CZ to CAN should also be targeted.

Cheers,

C.

-I would imagine that if EDI is not working out it will likely become a direct DUB flight. I see it more as a route proving exercise. To get from PEK to DUB you need a stopover with some lengthy overlays. With this, you don’t need to leave the aircraft, and the overlay is quite minimal.
-did anyone else look for the rights? And what about their financial vulnerability? Are they about to go bust?
-DUB seems to attract A330’s and for those carriers that operate the aircraft there, it seems to be profitable, in the least, breaking even.
-I agree and disagree. I think EI knows what it’s good at. A new carrier to PEK may not be the wisest move, especially one where an aircraft of that carrier has never ventured east of Dubai. Developing markets is a whole pile easier when people know who you are. Certainly in the case of both HKG & PEK, I personally see it as a market development exercise. If it turns out that there’s opportunities for EI, I’m sure they won’t be shy. I do think IAG knows what it’s doing, so we shall see.
-agreed, and I think both HKG & PEK can coexist peacefully.
-agreed, but I’m not sure HKG & SZX can coexist in an Irish market? Although the Middle East flights happen so perhaps it could work.

Definitely agreed, I think the next few years will be pivotal for establishing DUB as a hub, and I don’t think the opportunity will be lost by the various authorities.

stratocruiser

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am

OA260 wrote:
Eirules wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:

Dublin Airport welcomes today’s announcement from British Airways that it is to launch a new weekly service from Dublin to Manchester from May 2018.

The airline also announced that it is to increase frequency on its Dublin to London City route from 32 to 36 flights per week.

Welcoming the announcement Dublin Airport Managing Director said “I am delighted to see British Airways expand its route network at Dublin Airport. I have no doubt that this route with be hugely popular for both Irish and UK passengers.”

Manchester just weekly - really??

cc47

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:21 am

stratocruiser wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Manchester just weekly - really??

Embraer utilisation while LCY is closed/ operating lower frequency at the weekend.

stratocruiser

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:54 am

cc47 wrote:
Embraer utilisation while LCY is closed/ operating lower frequency at the weekend.

Just seemed like a very low frequency to enter a fairly busy route but I guess they might as well use the Embraers for something at the weekend!

iRISH251

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 pm

stratocruiser wrote:
cc47 wrote:

Just seemed like a very low frequency to enter a fairly busy route but I guess they might as well use the Embraers for something at the weekend!

Is this not really the selling of seats on what would otherwise be a positioning flight? A departure from Dublin late on Friday and return early Sunday allows the aircraft to operate from MAN for the day on Saturday, probably to "sun" destinations.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos