Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bjm0517
Topic Author

Question: What is the difference between the E175 short and E175 Long?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm

I was wondering what the differences were between the E17S and E17L? Is it range? Capacity? Engine type? I’m not sure...

flyguy84

Re: Question: What is the difference between the E175 short and E175 Long?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm

If you’re referring to the 175sc it’s the number of seats. Due to scope clauses Delta can’t add more 76-seat aircraft so they got Embraer to basically make a new type on paper that seats 70 passengers but can be retrofitted to seat 76 if scope is further relaxed. It’s the same airplane in all other aspects.

If you’re talking about the E75S vs E75L in the equipment codes its the type of winglet. First generation 175s have the winglets that go straight up, newer generation have the winglets that slope outwards extending the wing span a bit. Those are referred to as the E75L.
Last edited by flyguy84 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bjm0517
Topic Author

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
If you’re referring to the 175sc it’s the number of seats. Due to scope clauses Delta can’t add more 76-seat aircraft so they got Embraer to basically make a new type on paper that seats 70 passengers but can be retrofitted to seat 76 if scope is further relaxed. It’s the same airplane in all other aspects.

Oh wow, I thought it was much more different then a slight change of capacity, lol :bigthumbsup:

flyguy84

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

[photoid][/photoid]
Bjm0517 wrote:
flyguy84 wrote:

Oh wow, I thought it was much more different then a slight change of capacity, lol :bigthumbsup:

I added more information above. You could be referring to the two different generations.

MO11

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Bjm0517 wrote:
flyguy84 wrote:

I added more information above. You could be referring to the two different generations.

The winglet explanation is correct - the E75L has "enhanced" winglets. The IATA code for this is E7W which shows up in computer res systems and sometimes Flightaware.

On another note, the 70-seat version received its type certification earlier this month as the ERJ 170-200 LL (maybe the colloquial ID ERJ 175 SC?). Maximum takeoff weight the same as the ERJ 170.

Bjm0517
Topic Author

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Bjm0517 wrote:
flyguy84 wrote:

Yeah, I was referring to the second one.

brian415

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 am

Funny that the SC in E175SC has a dual meaning. It could mean either of these:

SC = special configuration (this is the official definition)
SC = scope clause

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos