JoKeR

Re: QR plans to announce 10 new routes along with a loss for this year, working on variation on Qsuites for A380's and 7

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am

My money is for LJU to join the network soon, perhaps even as one of the future ten to be revealed.

AirbusA322

Re: QR plans to announce 10 new routes along with a loss for this year, working on variation on Qsuites for A380's and 7

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

Brisbane is a major city missing on the map. Bilaterals showing no signs of change they need to get into this market before more carriers do.

Can be solved by flying Doha-Brisbane-Cairns.

Obzerva

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am

AirbusA322 wrote:
Brisbane is a major city missing on the map. Bilaterals showing no signs of change they need to get into this market before more carriers do.

Who do they need to beat to BNE? EK and EY are already quite entrenched there, the other European bound carriers In SQ and CX are there too. It’s hard to beat anyone when you’re the last in the race. However having said that if the bilateral was changed to allow BNE, QR would prob divert an ADL bound flight mid flight just to get in there :lol:

planemanofnz

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 am

AirbusA322 wrote:

No - QR only had rights for seven additional frequencies per week to a tier one city, if a regional city was tagged - those rights have been all used up, with the CBR service that was launched.

Any QR flights to BNE will need to be a) at the expense of a SYD, MEL or PER flight, or b) the result of easing bilateral restrictions (which most recently happened in 2015, for QR in Australia).

Obzerva wrote:
Who do they need to beat to BNE?

Well, many carriers on the Kangaroo Route are beefing up BNE - CA just launched BNE, MH is re-launching BNE, while PR is launching non-stop BNE flights.

How long will it be before more carriers arrive at BNE, such as GA, OZ or VN, building up their market share (to the detriment of QR, when it arrives at BNE).

Cheers,

C.

77west

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am

At the risk of being branded a troll, what future does QR have being branded a "terror supporter" and with all the political issues that causes? In this political climate it seems to not take much to destroy a company or person based on mere accusations or tweets... With QR being one of the lower-tier ME carriers, does their brand and market position have the inertia to push through that with this impending 10-route announcement and QSuites, or will we see a dilution and contraction as seen with EY. (Ducks for cover...)
77West - AW109S - BE90 - JS31 - B1900 - Q300 - ATR72 - DC9-30 - MD80 - B733 - A320 - B738 - A300-B4 - B773 - B77W

Obzerva

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:20 am

planemanofnz wrote:
AirbusA322 wrote:

No - QR only had rights for seven additional frequencies per week to a tier one city, if a regional city was tagged - those rights have been all used up, with the CBR service that was launched.

Any QR flights to BNE will need to be a) at the expense of a SYD, MEL or PER flight, or b) the result of easing bilateral restrictions (which most recently happened in 2015, for QR in Australia).

Obzerva wrote:
Who do they need to beat to BNE?

Well, many carriers on the Kangaroo Route are beefing up BNE - CA just launched BNE, MH is re-launching BNE, while PR is launching non-stop BNE flights.

How long will it be before more carriers arrive at BNE, such as GA, OZ or VN, building up their market share (to the detriment of QR, when it arrives at BNE).

Cheers,

C.

Yes there are a few airlines that could still go to BNE but I don’t think QR would be racing them, for the routes and frequency QR would simply wipe the floor of them if they turned up.
MH is returning, currently only direct competition would be to London, along with every other airline
OZ would be competing directly with KE, and considering Melbourne doesn’t have an ICN service, can’t see BNE having two before MEL has any
GA has been to BNE and left
VN would be attracting a different market share, and I don’t think competing directly with QR

Of all the aces that QR has up its sleeve as an attractive proposition to a traveller, it’s the number of destinations it can offer, which is something only TK or the combined EK/FZ compete against. For the main trunk kangaroo routes, the main players are already in BNE.

Julie77W

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

Arion640 wrote:
TC957 wrote:
Julie77W wrote:
GLA would be lovely...

Not with them serving EDI as well. That'll be like EK announcing EDI when they serve GLA. Think it'll be years before the market warrants both main Scottish cities to have the same ME3 service.

Agreed. QR have just jacked EDI up to the A350 so would be silly to start GLA.

I'm not sure. EK move over 40K pax per month with pax in J suffering a much inferior product and no OW tier points and miles for the many BA FFs here.

I think QR would do well with a 787 at GLA.

Arion640

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Julie77W wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
TC957 wrote:
Not with them serving EDI as well. That'll be like EK announcing EDI when they serve GLA. Think it'll be years before the market warrants both main Scottish cities to have the same ME3 service.

Agreed. QR have just jacked EDI up to the A350 so would be silly to start GLA.

I'm not sure. EK move over 40K pax per month with pax in J suffering a much inferior product and no OW tier points and miles for the many BA FFs here.

I think QR would do well with a 787 at GLA.

I can see the case for and against it. But with the A350 moving into EDI i wouldn't say we would see it anytime soon. Maybe in the future.
319 320 321 346 388 733 738 744 752 753 763 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

dredgy

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

SQ789 wrote:
Continental767 wrote:
Assuming that F will be removed on the A380s...

Maybe. But I think there is rumours that they would create the new F Suites probably like the new SQ A380 Suites.

Was just on AusBT today that they’ll keep the first suites, and maybe spruce them up a bit to make them more private, but no major changes.

TryToFlySomeday

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Any new US destinations that could possibly receive a QR flight?

Like maybe DEN, SEA, DTW, CLT?
Hi, I'm TryToFlySomeday. A guy who likes to analyze airlines, and loves road trips & airplane trips. Founder of the Roadgeeking Section and Pakistan Aviation Threads.

American-born Pakistani based in ORD. Favorite cities: ORD / GRR / DTW

Cunard

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 am

Arion640 wrote:
Cunard wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

I think STN was on the radar as rumored on this forum. But they've been beaten too it by their Neighbour.

1 daily to LGW may happen though. EK are sending 3 A380's per day. I'm sure they could chip away with the 787 without cannibalising their Heathrow flights.

Stansted was never a rumour and it hasn't been on Qatars radar.

I remember reading what your referring to, someone wrote that surely STN would be on the radar of Qatar considering that they already use the airport for their cargo operations BUT the chance of that happening now doesn't seem possible as Emirates have beaten them to it.

I'm not saying that STN wouldn't be a good option for Qatar regardless of Emirates already announcing DXB to STN from June 18 but it wasn't a rumour it was someone on here suggesting it and claiming it as a rumour, two different things.

Ok, i'll call it all "Speculation" if that works better for you.

Yeah now that you bring it up ''Speculation'' does work better for me actually especially considering that I have never used the term rumour in my entire life even as a child it has never been part of my vocabulary ever!

ahj2000

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:38 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
Any new US destinations that could possibly receive a QR flight?

Like maybe DEN, SEA, DTW, CLT?

Maybe but wouldn’t think they would until they’ve launched or at least assigned a date to San Fran and Las Vegas.
-Andrés Juánez

klm617

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:
If anything it will be 10 short to medium haul routes. Don't see them adding anything really long haul at this point.

So where do you think that Qatar should be sending all those wide bodies that they have on order and due for delivery to the airline?

Eastern Europe, Middle East, Pakistan, Russia, China, Asia these types of markets.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos