Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

maximairways

Re: Rumored Frontier New Service

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Frontier's service at Buffalo seems to be off to a good start with 94% LF, and pending up-gauges to A321.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/08/front ... o-airport/

SyracuseAvGeek

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
SYR-DEN. Syracuse offered $400,000 as part of the small communities air service initiative to any airline that will offer non-stop service to Denver. Long shot, but one can hope

Does Syracuse even have any gate space? As far as I can remember they're all being used. There's gate 15 of course but they moved JB to the main south concourse so that it was among the rest of the gates and not hidden behind a wall.

Gate 1 isn't being used, plus Gate 11 isn't being used for a couple days of the week when Allegiant isn't there.

WeatherPilot

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
SYR-DEN. Syracuse offered $400,000 as part of the small communities air service initiative to any airline that will offer non-stop service to Denver. Long shot, but one can hope

Does Syracuse even have any gate space? As far as I can remember they're all being used. There's gate 15 of course but they moved JB to the main south concourse so that it was among the rest of the gates and not hidden behind a wall.

Gate 1 isn't being used, plus Gate 11 isn't being used for a couple days of the week when Allegiant isn't there.

JB uses Gate 1, plus Gates 3 and 12. I think if any new carrier is going to come to SYR they're going to be sharing space and someone is going to be stuck on the RON pad since all the gates have a plane parked at them overnight already for early morning connections.

flyfresno

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 pm

whatusaid wrote:
So how many markets have been negatively impacted by today's announcement? FAT-DEN was pushed to 7:10 pm, lost the direct/no connect to ORD, now connects with virtually nothing, and was upgraded to a 321. Wouldn't it be easier to just cancel the route now before it starts? How many other markets have been forced into a "no win" situation with this latest schedule change? Would love to understand their logic, beyond "throw a dart"....

I think I'll open a really cheap ice cream stand, but it will only operate between 1am and 4am, January through March, in Fargo. That should do about as well as this schedule...

RJNUT

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 am

flyfresno wrote:
whatusaid wrote:
So how many markets have been negatively impacted by today's announcement? FAT-DEN was pushed to 7:10 pm, lost the direct/no connect to ORD, now connects with virtually nothing, and was upgraded to a 321. Wouldn't it be easier to just cancel the route now before it starts? How many other markets have been forced into a "no win" situation with this latest schedule change? Would love to understand their logic, beyond "throw a dart"....

I think I'll open a really cheap ice cream stand, but it will only operate between 1am and 4am, January through March, in Fargo. That should do about as well as this schedule...

That would Go far to get FAT!

Dominion301

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 am

WeatherPilot wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Surely an airport with 20 gates with the amount of traffic SYR handles can easily accomodate a few weekly F9 flights. SYR surely must have a couple of CUTE gates.

Buffalomatt1027

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:43 am

maximairways wrote:
Frontier's service at Buffalo seems to be off to a good start with 94% LF, and pending up-gauges to A321.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/08/front ... o-airport/

I had heard Frontier was doing well ..... but this confirms it. If they upgrade planes to A321s, that would be a welcome sight to see! AA daily brings A321s service once a day.

Overall, BNIA is FINALLY coming back since the merger! Now some legacy carriers need to step up!

SunsetLimited

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 am

Of the 35 new routes added, only 2 are year-round (BHM-DEN/MCO). Interesting.

Midex717

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:06 am

It was Midwest Airlines not Midway Airlines from MKE.

casinterest

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:21 am

Midex717 wrote:
It was Midwest Airlines not Midway Airlines from MKE.

Yep, my bad, Remembering the days of Midway at RDU as well.

Midwestindy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am

http://www.anna.aero/2018/02/09/frontie ... ic-routes/

"In total the extra services will result in 37 additional weekly departures from Austin in S18, equaling 13,200 extra seats per week."

"Schedules suggest two based A320s"

"With the number of routes and weekly flights expanding rapidly this year, and capacity itself forecast to grow by roughly 500,000 seats in S18 based on calculations by anna.aero"

Wow

ATLgaUSA

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
Of the 35 new routes added, only 2 are year-round (BHM-DEN/MCO). Interesting.

Is BHM-PHL seasonal?

I’d like to see them add MSY-BHM. That market needs a carrier and an ULCC could stimulate traffic to the levels of when Southwest had multiple flights per day

AirFiero

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
modernArt wrote:
Ha, ha. Austin-Buffalo. That's got to be an early candidate for the most ridiculous route of the year (if there were such a distinction).

I don't know how many people fly between SJC and TUL. That was announced last week.

It isn’t about SJC, it’s about nonstop service to the “Bay Area” according to this article...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/fron ... 185a2.html

KLMatSJC

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 pm

AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
modernArt wrote:
Ha, ha. Austin-Buffalo. That's got to be an early candidate for the most ridiculous route of the year (if there were such a distinction).

I don't know how many people fly between SJC and TUL. That was announced last week.

It isn’t about SJC, it’s about nonstop service to the “Bay Area” according to this article...

Well still. I can't remember if/when there was ever an SFO-TUL flight. Just seems like a weird one to start with.

AirFiero

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:

Well still. I can't remember if/when there was ever an SFO-TUL flight. Just seems like a weird one to start with.

FL is doing a big build up at SJC. I’d guess it’s because they have the staff.

What is their service like at SFO?

WN732

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
The FAT-DEN schedule change now arrives in Denver at 10:35pm. There are only a handful of potential F9 flights to connect to after that without a passenger having to overnight in the terminal to wait for an early morning connecting flight.

Wow, way to go F9...

KLMatSJC

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:05 am

AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
AirFiero wrote:

During the summer, SJC will have 7 destinations and SFO will have 6. However, SFO has more frequencies in total.

United_fan

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 pm

I wish they would come to ROC. We need some new blood,here .

WNflyer1523
Topic Author

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:54 pm

United_fan wrote:

I don’t think they would come there anytime soon.
If they did, they would likely do Rochester-Orlando, and the ROC-ORL market already has Southwest and Allegiant. I don’t think there’d be room for a third airline to do that, unless they tried maybe 3x weekly.

United_fan

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
United_fan wrote:

If they did, they would likely do Rochester-Orlando, and the ROC-ORL market already has Southwest and Allegiant. I don’t think there’d be room for a third airline to do that, unless they tried maybe 3x weekly.

ROC-FLL ,ROC-DEN,ROC-PHX,ROC-LAS,ROC-MIA

phluser

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
United_fan wrote:

When it comes to smaller markets and those with a WN presence to MCO, F9 can struggle. F9 is struggling in PIT on PIT-MCO against Southwest and I don't think the less than daily is succeeding there. But, I believe it's execution. F9 could offer 1x daily PIT-MCO and 1x daily PIT-PHL-MCO to offer atleast two flight choices a day - be acceptable even for the low fare crowd in PIT, and then it would have a baseline at PIT for some stability. ROC is smaller tmarket han PIT and not all that far from it's new BUF station. Even though ROC users won't like this - it should focus on strengthening BUF. It's going into too many markets, far more than Spirit, even though it's a smaller airline than Spirit.
Last edited by phluser on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phluser

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm

duplicate

AirFiero

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:

During the summer, SJC will have 7 destinations and SFO will have 6. However, SFO has more frequencies in total.

That makes it even more curious. Unless SFO doesn’t have the available gate space.

Balloonchaser

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Does anyone see another ISP route possibly coming from this?

FLYKTPA

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
Does anyone see another ISP route possibly coming from this?

I recommend reaching out to ISP's air service director. They may be willing to share some inside info with you. This has worked for me in terms of learning about TPA's routes.

mariner

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
I recommend reaching out to ISP's air service director. They may be willing to share some inside info with you. This has worked for me in terms of learning about TPA's routes.

I hope he's very, very careful, because he could be putting his job at risk.

You referred to "inside info" and that's the point. There are solid reasons for confidentiality - it is held that no one outside the company should know any information until everyone knows it. People have gone to jail for spilling insider information, quite famously Martha Stewart.

You may argue that it's just you and you won't tell anyone, but the SEC doesn't take such a benevolent view. In Frontier's case you could say that it isn't publicly traded yet, but that, if anything, makes it worse. It is going to be publicly traded and any insider information could affect the eventual stock price.

mariner

FLYKTPA

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:07 am

mariner wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

You referred to "inside info" and that's the point. There are solid reasons for confidentiality - it is held that no one outside the company should know any information until everyone knows it. People have gone to jail for spilling insider information, quite famously Martha Stewart.

You may argue that it's just you and you won't tell anyone, but the SEC doesn't take such a benevolent view. In Frontier's case you could say that it isn't publicly traded yet, but that, if anything, makes it worse. It is going to be publicly traded and any insider information could affect the eventual stock price.

mariner

I understand what you’re getting at. I’m talking more about what routes the airport is asking various airlines to add. Not confidential data about profitability. Many airports are very open to answering questions about the airlines they work with.

LovePrunesAnet

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 am

mariner wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

mariner

overreact much?
the airport's air service director isn't a Southwest employee. He or she is a public servant or works for an airport authority. There's no SEC or "insider trading" dude for an airport employee, geez.

there could be reasons the airport may not share what its tenants future plans are, but it's not for anything remotely close to what you're getting worked up about.

mariner

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:07 am

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
overreact much?
the airport's air service director isn't a Southwest employee. He or she is a public servant or works for an airport authority. There's no SEC or "insider trading" dude for an airport employee, geez.

there could be reasons the airport may not share what its tenants future plans are, but it's not for anything remotely close to what you're getting worked up about.

If you think it's a good idea to encourage people on a public forum like a.net to get other people in jobs of some authority to blab "insider info," hey, go for it. Not my butt. Image

mariner

LovePrunesAnet

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:54 pm

mariner wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
overreact much?

If you think it's a good idea to encourage people on a public forum like a.net to get other people in jobs of some authority to blab "insider info," hey, go for it. Not my butt. Image

mariner

My point was your argument made no sense, mixing together the SEC with airport staff not airline staff.

mariner

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
My point was your argument made no sense, mixing together the SEC with airport staff not airline staff.

The specific point was made by the original poster of "insider info" which, in that case, was airport staff talking about airlines. It doesn't matter where a leak comes from, it'a still a leak.

It doesn't even have to involve the SEC. If someone at an airport is blabbing confidential airline info, especially in this age of social media, it's a problem and it may be that his job is on thin ice.

mariner

LovePrunesAnet

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:58 am

mariner wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:

The specific point was made by the original poster of "insider info" which, in that case, was airport staff talking about airlines. It doesn't matter where a leak comes from, it'a still a leak.

It doesn't even have to involve the SEC. If someone at an airport is blabbing confidential airline info, especially in this age of social media, it's a problem and it may be that his job is on thin ice.

mariner

that was my original point and why I said
LovePrunesAnet wrote:

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 am

BUF traffic is going after the huge population nearby in Canada. I hope it works out! I wish they would try BTV Burlington VT for the same principle.

Niagra falls is a huge tourism draw but tends to be car traffic. It's a must do once in your life easy summer quick trip for millions in the Northeast. Watch all the new jersey plates on a July day in summer the visitors are coming by car not flying.

mariner

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 am

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:

In can be close, extremely close to what I was "getting worked up about" - (I live in New Zealand, why would I be getting worked up at all?) - or it can be other things not as extreme.

The words "private" and "confidential" and "competition" are relevant here.

mariner

RDUDDJI

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:09 pm

ScrantonUSC wrote:
It's a great place to live, but not really to visit.

Haha, that is exactly what I tell people about the RDU area! It's certainly not bad to visit, just doesn't have the tourism draws of some other places (i.e. BNA).

ScrantonUSC wrote:
The beaches of NC are great though. The Outer Banks and Wilmington area beaches are incredible if you like laid back and relaxing beaches.

We were trying to keep that secret. :)

flyfresno

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

WN732 wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
The FAT-DEN schedule change now arrives in Denver at 10:35pm. There are only a handful of potential F9 flights to connect to after that without a passenger having to overnight in the terminal to wait for an early morning connecting flight.

Wow, way to go F9...

Looks like PHL is timed great, MCO and PVD relatively well, and RDU just ok. Everything else requires an overnight on one end or the other that I could see. Still, spending a night at a hotel near DEN booked far in advance could still be much cheaper for some people, especially couples or families, than flying other carriers from FAT (depending on how many extras are added). Of course, there’s always the opportunity cost too. I’m surprised F9 doesn’t offer to bundle the hotel in...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos