pabloeing
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

LATAM B787-8 to Victorville (RR engine issues)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:27 pm

Amazing.....in this moment a LATAM B787 is going to the desert......more B787's of LATAM in the next month will do the same travel....CC-BBA-BBB-BBC
¿Whats happen with this B787?
The plane today to Victorville is the CC-BBD

https://www.flightradar24.com/LAN9982/1058f8ce

Here in Spanish the news:

https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/02/06 ... -de-latam/
Last edited by SQ22 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
 
pabloeing
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 pm

¿Is not possible another airline for this planes?...only have 3 years.
 
ILNFlyer
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Did the airline fail?
 
User avatar
Mistral1
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Guess LATAM will stick only with the B 787-9...
 
A388
Posts: 7680
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

I wonder why this 787 is sent to be parked so soon. Was this 787 one of the so-called terrible teens? Or is it phased out because of market conditions that may have resulted in lower income to the airline? Or were some of the 787-8's temporarily leased until the 787-9 arrived? According to the article posted here, there will be more 787's to be phased out.

A388
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 1812
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Engine replacement at VCV? All of the LATAM Dreamliners have RR Trent 1000s. Norwegian is leasing in A330 metal for the same reason (engine issues).
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:43 pm

pabloeing wrote:
Amazing.....in this moment a LATAM B787 is going to the desert......more B787's of LATAM in the next month will do the same travel....CC-BBA-BBB-BBC
¿Whats happen with this B787?
The plane today to Victorville is the CC-BBD

https://www.flightradar24.com/LAN9982/1058f8ce

Here in Spanish the news:

https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/02/06 ... -de-latam/


CC-BBA has flown normally letelly as well as CC-BBB and there are schedules flights the following days. Both could be going there to get new LATAM livery or mainteince.
CC-DDB is already painted into LATAM new CS but FR24 doens't show the destination and it just departed from SCL.
:checkeredflag:
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Well, I've searched a little bit more and I what I found is nothing. HAHAHA.
However, I found a AV's 787 (N784AV) also parked in BOG engineless, it's probably engine problems and CC-BBD might have it replaced,
because there's no reason to park it. LATAM Brasil is expanding from GRU and it's not happening faster because of lack of planes.
Also, LA had retired all 767's schedule flights from SCL and it's slowly deploying their 787 from LIM.
There must be another reason for this Dreamliner to be going to MZJ or VCV.
:checkeredflag:
 
User avatar
reffado
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Upon research, it appears that the reason is, indeed, issues with the RR engines. "The aircraft will be temporarily stored, awaiting a solution for the global problems affecting the RR power plant used."

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-p ... Y.whatsapp

CC-BBE should be the next one.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

thgsr08 wrote:
Well, I've searched a little bit more and I what I found is nothing. HAHAHA.
However, I found a AV's 787 (N784AV) also parked in BOG engineless, it's probably engine problems and CC-BBD might have it replaced,
because there's no reason to park it. LATAM Brasil is expanding from GRU and it's not happening faster because of lack of planes.
Also, LA had retired all 767's schedule flights from SCL and it's slowly deploying their 787 from LIM.
There must be another reason for this Dreamliner to be going to MZJ or VCV.


First time I'm hearing about the 763's being retired. The fleet is overall quite young.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
User avatar
prchan
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:31 pm

First time I'm hearing about the 763's being retired. The fleet is overall quite young.


Not being retired, just being moved to other franchises outside Chile. All JJs 767 came from LA, for example.
 
Motorhussy
Posts: 3434
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:49 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:31 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
thgsr08 wrote:
Well, I've searched a little bit more and I what I found is nothing. HAHAHA.
However, I found a AV's 787 (N784AV) also parked in BOG engineless, it's probably engine problems and CC-BBD might have it replaced,
because there's no reason to park it. LATAM Brasil is expanding from GRU and it's not happening faster because of lack of planes.
Also, LA had retired all 767's schedule flights from SCL and it's slowly deploying their 787 from LIM.
There must be another reason for this Dreamliner to be going to MZJ or VCV.


First time I'm hearing about the 763's being retired. The fleet is overall quite young.


Retired from SCL base and moved to new one ar LIM (it says).
come visit the south pacific
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 pm

RR needs to get it in gear with these issues, seems things are getting worse rather than better with more and more 787s being stored.
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 pm

All 767's were retired from SCL.
The newer ones went to JJ and others are operating in LIM and BOG with some more to be sent to JJ, not withdraw from use forever. hehe
:checkeredflag:
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm

reffado wrote:
Upon research, it appears that the reason is, indeed, issues with the RR engines. "The aircraft will be temporarily stored, awaiting a solution for the global problems affecting the RR power plant used."

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-p ... Y.whatsapp

CC-BBE should be the next one.


Problem solved.
No one in sane conditions would store a 3y/o aircraft.
:checkeredflag:
 
Swadian
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:57 pm

thgsr08 wrote:
All 767's were retired from SCL.
The newer ones went to JJ and others are operating in LIM and BOG with some more to be sent to JJ, not withdraw from use forever. hehe


What are the current longest LATAM 767 routes? Are the JJ units in LATAM livery or old red TAM livery?
SMS Markgraf
Streamliner Lines Motorcoach Scheduler
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Swadian wrote:
thgsr08 wrote:
All 767's were retired from SCL.
The newer ones went to JJ and others are operating in LIM and BOG with some more to be sent to JJ, not withdraw from use forever. hehe


What are the current longest LATAM 767 routes? Are the JJ units in LATAM livery or old red TAM livery?


Longest route: LIM - BCN

PT-MSY and PT-MOD in new LATAM livery,
:checkeredflag:
 
deltal1011man
Posts: 5162
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:17 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
RR needs to get it in gear with these issues, seems things are getting worse rather than better with more and more 787s being stored.

They have a solutions the problem now is shop space to get the engines fixed.

Delta's Trent shop will be coming on-line soon and will help a little bit.
 
KLM747er
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am

according to skyliners.net CC-BBD returned to the lease compony.
Boeing 787 -8 38484 118 CC-BBD Latam Chile ferried 06feb17 SCL-VCV on return to lessor.

KLM747er
 
727200
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm

What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.
 
User avatar
reffado
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm

KLM747er wrote:
according to skyliners.net CC-BBD returned to the lease compony.
Boeing 787 -8 38484 118 CC-BBD Latam Chile ferried 06feb17 SCL-VCV on return to lessor.

KLM747er


Unless LA plans on getting rid of the 788 altogether... I doubt the accuracy of this. Still, I’m sure we’ll hear more about the situation soon.
 
wiss
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:44 pm

LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello,

Yesterday the LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD positioned from SCL to VCV for temporary storage. According to the specialized Chilean aviation website ModoCharlie, and many discussions in different facebook groups, the reasons for this storage are related to the low reliability of the RR engines. For me it seems to be a bit weird why this plane will be stored in VCV instead of having it in SCL or another Chilean airport.

This frame is only 4 and a half years old, and considering that SCL experienced a record growth in passengers last year, the decision of LATAM (as the main operator in this airport, by far) to park one B788, might indicate that this particular plane had so severe problems, that it was better to store it than having it at least partially active and helping with this passenger growth.

Is important to note that sister plane CC-BBE hasn't flown in a week, possibly due to the same reasons.

Have any other airlines with RR equipped B787's decided to temporary park their planes while the issues are solved?

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-primer-787-8-dreamliner-de-latam-que-sera-preservado-temporalmente/
 
jordanh
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 pm

727200 wrote:
What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.


Perhaps you should read his post before complaining. You might "regreat" your comments.

Our RR 787's are going to have their engine repairs done. Delta's Technical Operations will be starting to do repairs. They don't have to fly the same plane in order to be qualified to repair these engines.
 
DL757NYC
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 pm

727200 wrote:
What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.



Deltaman is one knowledgeable person. He injects DL look at his name. He shares a lot of good info. Chill out
 
boefan
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 pm

wiss wrote:
Hello,

Have any other airlines with RR equipped B787's decided to temporary park their planes while the issues are solved?

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-primer-787-8-dreamliner-de-latam-que-sera-preservado-temporalmente/


Airlines that have parked their 787s are :

ANA : 9 Aircraft (2 inside hangar getting the fix at the moment) rest stored [8 days-1.5 month]
Air China : 1 aircraft (next one to get new engines ) [20+ days ]
Air New Zealand : 3 aircraft [2 months]
Avianca : 1 aircraft [4 months] +1 maintenance in EZE
LAN : 2 aircraft
Thai Airways : 1 aircraft maintenance for over 20 days getting new engines also
Virgin Atlantic : 2 aircraft [4+ months]

can't provide source for RR shipments (confidentiality) but FR24 is a good start to search for grounded 787s
 
QXAS
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 am

When did the issues with the Trent come up? What are the issues specifically? Is it just a 787 problem or could it also effect the A350 down the road? How has the Trent been selling on the 787 since these issues popped up? Pardon my ignorance on the matter.
 
User avatar
yeogeo
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 am

boefan wrote:
Airlines that have parked their 787s are :
ANA : 9 Aircraft (2 inside hangar getting the fix at the moment) rest stored...


So that explains why I saw at least 2 NH 788's sitting at HND yesterday with empty cowlings.
yeo
 
7673mech
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:10 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:54 am

727200 wrote:
What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.


DL has a very successful MRO business that services aircraft and engines outside of it's fleet.
 
User avatar
O530CarrisPT
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 am

QXAS wrote:
When did the issues with the Trent come up? What are the issues specifically? Is it just a 787 problem or could it also effect the A350 down the road? How has the Trent been selling on the 787 since these issues popped up? Pardon my ignorance on the matter.


It seems that the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines suffer from corrosion issues which are causing the blades of the engine to crack. I also don't know if has chances to also affect the A350XWB (powered, as is known, by the Rolls-Royce Trent XWB), but it seems that may not likely be the case, since the Trent XWB, despite being part of the same family, is completely different from the Trent 1000.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
 
727200
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 am

I stand corrected.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 14899
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 am

reffado wrote:
Upon research, it appears that the reason is, indeed, issues with the RR engines. "The aircraft will be temporarily stored, awaiting a solution for the global problems affecting the RR power plant used."

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-p ... Y.whatsapp

CC-BBE should be the next one.

How many engines are now effected. This is effecting more airframes than I expected. The initial reports were a small fraction of engines.


Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am

boefan wrote:
Airlines that have parked their 787s are :

ANA : 9 Aircraft (2 inside hangar getting the fix at the moment) rest stored [8 days-1.5 month]
Air China : 1 aircraft (next one to get new engines ) [20+ days ]
Air New Zealand : 3 aircraft [2 months]
Avianca : 1 aircraft [4 months] +1 maintenance in EZE
LAN : 2 aircraft
Thai Airways : 1 aircraft maintenance for over 20 days getting new engines also
Virgin Atlantic : 2 aircraft [4+ months]


Ouch. That's going to cost RR a few pennies.
 
User avatar
O530CarrisPT
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:55 am

ikolkyo wrote:
RR needs to get it in gear with these issues, seems things are getting worse rather than better with more and more 787s being stored.

This Trent 1000 corrosion issue is also being costly for Rolls-Royce and is already compromising the operation of the airlines which are affected by this problem (with the fact that the problem is forcing airlines to ground their 787s).
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
 
RB211trent
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am

lightsaber wrote:
reffado wrote:
Upon research, it appears that the reason is, indeed, issues with the RR engines. "The aircraft will be temporarily stored, awaiting a solution for the global problems affecting the RR power plant used."

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-p ... Y.whatsapp

CC-BBE should be the next one.

How many engines are now effected. This is effecting more airframes than I expected. The initial reports were a small fraction of engines.


Lightsaber


It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.
 
User avatar
yeogeo
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:46 am

RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


Then how do you explain the link above which reads (roughly):

"Today (6 Feb) at 2:37 p.m... from Arturo Merino Benítez Airport (SCL), bound for Victorville (VCV) the CC-BBD registered plane, the first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner from LATAM, will be stored for an undetermined time at that US airport.

[It] will remain for a period in Victorville, waiting for the global problems of its RR power plants to be solved."

yeo
 
pabloeing
Topic Author
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 am

boefan wrote:
wiss wrote:
Hello,

Have any other airlines with RR equipped B787's decided to temporary park their planes while the issues are solved?

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-primer-787-8-dreamliner-de-latam-que-sera-preservado-temporalmente/


Airlines that have parked their 787s are :

ANA : 9 Aircraft (2 inside hangar getting the fix at the moment) rest stored [8 days-1.5 month]
Air China : 1 aircraft (next one to get new engines ) [20+ days ]
Air New Zealand : 3 aircraft [2 months]
Avianca : 1 aircraft [4 months] +1 maintenance in EZE
LAN : 2 aircraft
Thai Airways : 1 aircraft maintenance for over 20 days getting new engines also
Virgin Atlantic : 2 aircraft [4+ months]


can't provide source for RR shipments (confidentiality) but FR24 is a good start to search for grounded 787s




¿4 months for a engine change in Virgin?
 
RB211trent
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am

yeogeo wrote:
RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


Then how do you explain the link above which reads (roughly):

"Today (6 Feb) at 2:37 p.m... from Arturo Merino Benítez Airport (SCL), bound for Victorville (VCV) the CC-BBD registered plane, the first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner from LATAM, will be stored for an undetermined time at that US airport.

[It] will remain for a period in Victorville, waiting for the global problems of its RR power plants to be solved."

yeo

What’s their source? LATAM are removing 4 787-8 from their fleet. Other airlines are interested.
 
User avatar
yeogeo
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Unknown.
What's your source for "long-term storage"?
 
jordanh
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:19 am

RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


"... the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV" means "RR cannot supply the parts promptly and these aircraft will be out of operation longer than expected."
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Just for idle curiosity I checked FR24.

At this precise moment, worldwide it shows 174 Boeing 787-8 airborne (or with active ADS-B whilst still on the ground).

And - I genuinely have not made this up - that is exactly 50.000% of the 348 that Wikipedia tells us have been delivered. :lol:

Of course somebody should replicate that exercise with another a/c type to see how it compares.
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm

It seems RR can't get a grip on the issue, while solution has been found, the fixing is taking longer than expected. If an airline has a big 787 might not be an issue, but what if the airline has only a small fleet? Royal Brunei for example has cancelled or ground their flight a few times over the past few years since its introduction. Their operation was severely impacted.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
rbavfan
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm

727200 wrote:
What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.


Delta has a trent engine overhaul facility coming online that will do MRO in the US. They have RR approval to do overhauls. So yes this is germane to topic of engine overhauls.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Iran Air could have used these planes.
 
RB211trent
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:42 pm

rbavfan wrote:
727200 wrote:
What does DL have to do with 787-8 and RR engines? A plane DL has never taken and regreats. On a different note: I noticed you will inject DL in pretty much every topic you post regardless 8f its germain to topic.


Delta has a trent engine overhaul facility coming online that will do MRO in the US. They have RR approval to do overhauls. So yes this is germane to topic of engine overhauls.


Yes, Delta Tech Ops will be the MRO in the US after TAESL closed. The T7000 is essentially a T1000 and they will be overhauling both, so why should DL not be relevant?
 
RB211trent
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:44 pm

jordanh wrote:
RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


"... the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV" means "RR cannot supply the parts promptly and these aircraft will be out of operation longer than expected."


Total rubbish
 
trex8
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:04 am

Re: LATAM Chile B788 CC-BBD stored at VCV

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 pm

pabloeing wrote:
boefan wrote:
wiss wrote:
Hello,

Have any other airlines with RR equipped B787's decided to temporary park their planes while the issues are solved?

http://modocharlie.com/2018/02/cc-bbd-primer-787-8-dreamliner-de-latam-que-sera-preservado-temporalmente/


Airlines that have parked their 787s are :

ANA : 9 Aircraft (2 inside hangar getting the fix at the moment) rest stored [8 days-1.5 month]
Air China : 1 aircraft (next one to get new engines ) [20+ days ]
Air New Zealand : 3 aircraft [2 months]
Avianca : 1 aircraft [4 months] +1 maintenance in EZE
LAN : 2 aircraft
Thai Airways : 1 aircraft maintenance for over 20 days getting new engines also
Virgin Atlantic : 2 aircraft [4+ months]


can't provide source for RR shipments (confidentiality) but FR24 is a good start to search for grounded 787s




¿4 months for a engine change in Virgin?

a day or two for the change, 4 months+ waiting for the engine
 
gokmengs
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 pm

RB211trent wrote:
jordanh wrote:
RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


"... the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV" means "RR cannot supply the parts promptly and these aircraft will be out of operation longer than expected."


Total rubbish


So what are you saying? Is it false info? These aircraft are going to desert for other reasons please tell us
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
User avatar
PW100
Posts: 3074
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:17 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:54 pm

gokmengs wrote:
So what are you saying? Is it false info? These aircraft are going to desert for other reasons please tell us


Amazingly, the answer is already in the thread . . . :


deltal1011man wrote:
They have a solutions the problem now is shop space to get the engines fixed.
Delta's Trent shop will be coming on-line soon and will help a little bit.


So in other words: a fix has been designed and approved. Parts are available. But the enigne shops simply do not have sufficient capacity to turn all those engines in short time frame.
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"
 
Speedbirdasia
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:41 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:48 am

According to Skyliner Aviation website LATAM has retired the four planes back to Boeing due to wing root cracks.
 
thgsr08
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM B787-8 to the desert ( Victorville)

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:39 am

RB211trent wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
RB211trent wrote:
It has nothing to do with RR issues the aircraft plus other -8s are going into long term storage in VCV.


Then how do you explain the link above which reads (roughly):

"Today (6 Feb) at 2:37 p.m... from Arturo Merino Benítez Airport (SCL), bound for Victorville (VCV) the CC-BBD registered plane, the first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner from LATAM, will be stored for an undetermined time at that US airport.

[It] will remain for a period in Victorville, waiting for the global problems of its RR power plants to be solved."

yeo

What’s their source? LATAM are removing 4 787-8 from their fleet. Other airlines are interested.


LATAM is not givin up on their 4 788's. The reason they're (will be) stored is only because of the engine issue.
:checkeredflag:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos