User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 5410
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 pm

I wonder, what carriers fly for International Bridge/ParcelPool? It appears that in the case of Puerto Rico it might be DHL, since they always seem to go through Hebron, KY, with Amazon's linehaul network transferring the package to them, which in turn International Bridge/ParcelPool transfers the package to the USPS in Cataño, Puerto Rico.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 am

N775AX is currently enroute to SNN from ILN
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
User avatar
yochai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 9:02 am

N376AN is out on delivery at long last, and interestingly going to KPSM were Atlas usually have their 767-300BDSF aircraft delivered to
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am

yochai wrote:
N376AN is out on delivery at long last, and interestingly going to KPSM were Atlas usually have their 767-300BDSF aircraft delivered to


Awesome! Thanks, Yochai!
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 11:57 pm

yochai wrote:
N376AN is out on delivery at long last, and interestingly going to KPSM were Atlas usually have their 767-300BDSF aircraft delivered to


Looks like it ended up going to SNN, as usual, anyway.
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 9:14 am

Meanwhile, N1013A is on its way home, finally, from QPG. It left QPG on 5/11, and is in HNL as of this morning (5/12/18), having stopped as well at GUM.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm

N376AN just came to CVG then to Wilmington ILN. Also, N373AA has arrived at ILN from storage at ROW
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Also, what current ATSG airplanes are at TLV right now?
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
Also, what current ATSG airplanes are at TLV right now?


374AA since 1/5
377AN since 1/9
383AN since 2/19
369AA since 4/12

We will see whether 930WE or 373AA go next to TLV.

I will also be interested to see whether/when 830WE and 730WE come to CAM. These are the other two 30 West 763s that have been stored in Alice Springs for about a year. As Ex-NZ aircraft with no subsequent operators, they are likely to be in pretty-good condition. But they also might have a smidge more pax service left in them for secondary operators. CAM is working on 930WE right now at ILN as a precursor to conversion, so CAM will have a pretty-good idea of what these aircraft are really like when negotiating over the other two. What happens is I'm sure a function of demand for CAM 763s (they use a baseline of 6 per year to convert, but can go up or down a bit based on market demand), and supply of suitable AA 763s, which I think is nonexistent (other than 380AN) until the next wave of retirements in 2019.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue May 15, 2018 11:58 pm

I might go to ILN to see 930WE. It’ll be interesting to see if 730 and 830 come.
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
KCVGSpotter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 am

N1013A arrived in CVG in full Prime Air livery.
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 am

KCVGSpotter wrote:
N1013A arrived in CVG in full Prime Air livery.


Yep, the BCFs arrive painted. I had thought that 1013A would be going into service for Amazon. So the fact that it's in the livery confirms that; thanks KCVGSpotter!

I'm not clear on the reason that Atlas numbers some of its all-white non-Amazon 767-300 freighters with an A suffix. My impression is that some of the next 5, for example, aren't for Amazon.
 
CallmeJB
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

wjcandee wrote:
KCVGSpotter wrote:
N1013A arrived in CVG in full Prime Air livery.


Yep, the BCFs arrive painted. I had thought that 1013A would be going into service for Amazon. So the fact that it's in the livery confirms that; thanks KCVGSpotter!

I'm not clear on the reason that Atlas numbers some of its all-white non-Amazon 767-300 freighters with an A suffix. My impression is that some of the next 5, for example, aren't for Amazon.

All Atlas 767 deliveries in 2017 and 2018 are 'for Amazon'. One in 2017 and one in 2018 are owned entirely by AAWH, the other 20 or so are leased to Amazon. The two 'Atlas' birds are available for other charters, but their primary purpose is to support Amazon flying.

In other words, even though those two are owned by AAWH and occasionally do other flying, if there were no Amazon contract, Atlas would not have acquired those two tails.
 
ThePinnacleKid
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:47 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 pm

CallmeJB wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
KCVGSpotter wrote:
N1013A arrived in CVG in full Prime Air livery.


Yep, the BCFs arrive painted. I had thought that 1013A would be going into service for Amazon. So the fact that it's in the livery confirms that; thanks KCVGSpotter!

I'm not clear on the reason that Atlas numbers some of its all-white non-Amazon 767-300 freighters with an A suffix. My impression is that some of the next 5, for example, aren't for Amazon.

All Atlas 767 deliveries in 2017 and 2018 are 'for Amazon'. One in 2017 and one in 2018 are owned entirely by AAWH, the other 20 or so are leased to Amazon. The two 'Atlas' birds are available for other charters, but their primary purpose is to support Amazon flying.

In other words, even though those two are owned by AAWH and occasionally do other flying, if there were no Amazon contract, Atlas would not have acquired those two tails.


This isn't fully correct... N662GT is to arrive soon and is a "new" passenger 767... N663GT and N664GT have also been reserved with the FAA.
"Sonny, did we land? or were we shot down?"
 
travaz
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 am

This is look at how prime air works, loads the planes etc. Some good airplane pics.
http://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportat ... gw05142018
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 am

CallmeJB wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
KCVGSpotter wrote:
N1013A arrived in CVG in full Prime Air livery.


Yep, the BCFs arrive painted. I had thought that 1013A would be going into service for Amazon. So the fact that it's in the livery confirms that; thanks KCVGSpotter!

I'm not clear on the reason that Atlas numbers some of its all-white non-Amazon 767-300 freighters with an A suffix. My impression is that some of the next 5, for example, aren't for Amazon.

All Atlas 767 deliveries in 2017 and 2018 are 'for Amazon'. One in 2017 and one in 2018 are owned entirely by AAWH, the other 20 or so are leased to Amazon. The two 'Atlas' birds are available for other charters, but their primary purpose is to support Amazon flying.

In other words, even though those two are owned by AAWH and occasionally do other flying, if there were no Amazon contract, Atlas would not have acquired those two tails.


Amazon uses at least one and sometimes two of its own dry-leased Atlas birds as spares. On top of that, 1709A and 1399A are all-white Atlas-owned aircraft that Atlas uses in theory for maintenance spares but actually these days to run almost 100 percent of the time on Atlas runs. 1699A is a third aircraft that will apparently be an Atlas-owned white-tail. I don't think anybody would rationally think that Atlas needs three maintenance spares to cover the Amazon contract. So that was the point of my question. Perhaps Atlas wouldn't have branched out into 767F conversions but for Amazon, but clearly they are finding use for these as more than maintenance spares. But I get the point of your answer, and I guess it makes sense. Still, no aircraft at ATSG have as their reg a prime number followed by an AZ suffix except those that are dry-leased to Amazon.
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 am

travaz wrote:
This is look at how prime air works, loads the planes etc. Some good airplane pics.
http://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportat ... gw05142018


Nice find, Trav. Funny they don't show the half-of-the-flights that bypass CVG and don't use cans but use pallets instead.
 
travaz
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 4:13 am

wjcandee wrote:
travaz wrote:
This is look at how prime air works, loads the planes etc. Some good airplane pics.
http://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportat ... gw05142018


Nice find, Trav. Funny they don't show the half-of-the-flights that bypass CVG and don't use cans but use pallets instead.



A little Airplane Eye Candy is always good
It sure looks like they have it together
 
USAirKid
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

travaz wrote:
This is look at how prime air works, loads the planes etc. Some good airplane pics.
http://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportat ... gw05142018


The picture I'm most curious about is "03 - Packing Containers" In the middle of that there are two blue bags with Amazon logos on them. Are these for packages padded envelopes? or is this something else?

There also appears to be some space at the top of the bags, is this just an optical illusion? or do they somehow maintain the space around the bag with a barrier of some kind?
 
User avatar
Acey559
Posts: 1168
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 pm

USAirKid wrote:
travaz wrote:
This is look at how prime air works, loads the planes etc. Some good airplane pics.
http://blog.aboutamazon.com/transportat ... gw05142018


The picture I'm most curious about is "03 - Packing Containers" In the middle of that there are two blue bags with Amazon logos on them. Are these for packages padded envelopes? or is this something else?

There also appears to be some space at the top of the bags, is this just an optical illusion? or do they somehow maintain the space around the bag with a barrier of some kind?


I’ve only really seen the bags loaded in the bulk pit, but I do believe they are filled with just padded envelopes (there may be exceptions). Apparently they also load them in cans, but I’ve only seen them loaded in bulk.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm

N373AA is schduled to leave ILN. I am trying to spot it take off. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
User avatar
yochai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
N373AA is schduled to leave ILN. I am trying to spot it take off. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed


Scheduled into TLV at 0630Z Monday morning.

N374AA did a local test flight at TLV on Friday, and will probably be delivered on Wednesday to SNN if no delays
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

I was thinking that, although hardly a significant additional expense, it would be a smidge less expensive to have the crew that delivers 373 hang around TLV for a couple days and fly 374 back. In the broad scheme of things, a couple of extra plane tickets isn't huge, but it never hurts to save...

So we're on the same page.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 9:25 pm

yochai wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:
N373AA is schduled to leave ILN. I am trying to spot it take off. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed


Scheduled into TLV at 0630Z Monday morning.

N374AA did a local test flight at TLV on Friday, and will probably be delivered on Wednesday to SNN if no delays


Okay 373AA it is on it's way to TLV! Here is one of the many photos I got of her departing ILN http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 08167.html
It was interesting, the airplane started up, checked thrust reversers a few times, had engines running and then the crew shut them down and ground crew brought stairs to the airplane. It sat for about 15 minutes and then the stairs were taken off and the airplane then started to move. Yochai, I hope you can get a picture of the airplane when it lands tomorrow!
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Nice photo! Interesting narrative. A squawk that they were able to clear, I'm guessing.

Did you get anything else that's currently at ILN? There are some frames for other airlines there being worked on, as well as the other frame awaiting conversion.
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Nice photo! Interesting narrative. A squawk that they were able to clear, I'm guessing.

Did you get anything else that's currently at ILN? There are some frames for other airlines there being worked on, as well as the other frame awaiting conversion.


I saw 930WE, SBA Airlines 757 missing engines, N378CX (I think) and the standard 757 combis
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 10:02 pm

I will get the photos online ASAP of thoe birds as well
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
User avatar
yochai
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
yochai wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:
N373AA is schduled to leave ILN. I am trying to spot it take off. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed


Scheduled into TLV at 0630Z Monday morning.

N374AA did a local test flight at TLV on Friday, and will probably be delivered on Wednesday to SNN if no delays


Okay 373AA it is on it's way to TLV! Here is one of the many photos I got of her departing ILN http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 08167.html
It was interesting, the airplane started up, checked thrust reversers a few times, had engines running and then the crew shut them down and ground crew brought stairs to the airplane. It sat for about 15 minutes and then the stairs were taken off and the airplane then started to move. Yochai, I hope you can get a picture of the airplane when it lands tomorrow!



Unfortunately I won’t be at the airport in the morning, I prefer to shoot them after conversion anyway ;)
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 11:58 pm

yochai wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:
yochai wrote:

Scheduled into TLV at 0630Z Monday morning.

N374AA did a local test flight at TLV on Friday, and will probably be delivered on Wednesday to SNN if no delays


Okay 373AA it is on it's way to TLV! Here is one of the many photos I got of her departing ILN http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 08167.html
It was interesting, the airplane started up, checked thrust reversers a few times, had engines running and then the crew shut them down and ground crew brought stairs to the airplane. It sat for about 15 minutes and then the stairs were taken off and the airplane then started to move. Yochai, I hope you can get a picture of the airplane when it lands tomorrow!



Unfortunately I won’t be at the airport in the morning, I prefer to shoot them after conversion anyway ;)


Awesome! It’ll be cool to see this bird after she is done!
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
cmairplaneman
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Mon May 21, 2018 1:39 am

Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter
 
travaz
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Mon May 21, 2018 2:33 am

cmairplaneman wrote:
yochai wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:
N373AA is schduled to leave ILN. I am trying to spot it take off. Hopefully it doesn’t get delayed


Scheduled into TLV at 0630Z Monday morning.

N374AA did a local test flight at TLV on Friday, and will probably be delivered on Wednesday to SNN if no delays


Okay 373AA it is on it's way to TLV! Here is one of the many photos I got of her departing ILN http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 08167.html
It was interesting, the airplane started up, checked thrust reversers a few times, had engines running and then the crew shut them down and ground crew brought stairs to the airplane. It sat for about 15 minutes and then the stairs were taken off and the airplane then started to move. Yochai, I hope you can get a picture of the airplane when it lands tomorrow!



Great Photo Thank You!
 
wjcandee
Posts: 6747
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 am

cmairplaneman wrote:


Love it! Great job!!!

Looks like that ex-SBA aircraft is still owned by Pegasus but is being managed by Sky, hence the SH suffix on its brand-new reg.

I'm guessing it's there for MRO stuff, and that Sky/Pegasus want to re-lease it somewhere. Otherwise, it would have gone to the desert. I think I looked this up previously, but don't recall what I discovered.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos