cvgComair

Re: Amazon Fleet Growth - 2018

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:41 am

Per a CVG representative DHL wants some space back to continue their growth, “They have this great relationship happening right now, but I’m sure DHL is planning for growth, so they’re going to need their space back,” Mindy Kershner, senior manager of communications and community affairs at CVG.

DHL just announced that they are adding 400 jobs and spending $20 million on new buildings. Sounds like additional sorting capability and possibly more a/c parking space are part of these plans, though the rep said the exact plans are only between DHL/Amazon. I have a feeling this could be Amazon's temporary solution until their own facility is up-and-running at CVG.

https://aircargoworld.com/allposts/amaz ... nt-at-cvg/
Next: PWM-JFK (Delta CRJ-900), JFK-CVG Delta CRJ-900)
DL FO, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340

wjcandee

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:45 pm

So ATSG bought Omni today. Omni at one time flew both freight and passengers, but for a long time has flown only passengers. A major component of their business is AMC work, on 767s and 777s. They have 3 777s, and some 767-300s and 767-200s. Omni is privately-owned and their pilots are represented by the Teamsters.

AMES, which is ATSG's maintenance shop, has for a long time done quite a bit of work on Omni's 767s. Indeed, ATSG has acquired and converted some of Omni's older 767s to freighters. So the companies know each other well..

You can see the complementary competencies. ATI does AMC passenger flying on its 4 757 combis, and both current ATSG carriers do AMC cargo work. Omni's primary aircraft is the 767, as it is at both ATSG carriers. But Omni also flies the 777 and not the 757; ATI vice-versa.

In the press release, ATSG did mention that the 777s give them a platform on which to provide 777 cargo service in the future. That is, Omni already has trained 777 pilots, and 777s on their certificate.

ATSG had been talking, apparently, with ABX's union about adding 777s (and perhaps to ATI's union about the same thing), but rather than see it as an opportunity to revive a moribund airline, the Teamsters at ABX seem to have viewed it differently. So it looks like ATSG just decided to buy a 777 operator that already had a 777 pilot pay scale. Omni's contract was actually viewed as pretty-good by the Omni employees, so it's not like ATSG is trying to save money by diverting flying to a less-expensive carrier. Other than some Hawaii-Vegas flying, Omni has few routes of daily flying. Its AMC contract flying, and charter flying, can be regular (i.e. a route once or twice per week), but not daily. So its typical flying patterns differ from the ATSG carriers. Adding some track charter cargo service would likely add hours and predictability to the schedules of its pilots.

Omni will continue to be operated at its current home in Tulsa. This looks like initially it will be an investment acquisition, like PEMCO was. Keep the operation standing alone where it is and operating as it has, and look for non-dramatic opportunities for synergies.

I mention this in this thread because 777s have long been talked about with regard to Amazon, and ATSG now owns an operator who can fly them ricky-tick if Amazon wants them.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm

LGSTX is leasing 12.5 sq. ft. more of cargo building space at TPA.

Amazon has spurned TPA to go ahead with expanding cargo Ops, nothing of detail yet, but they have hinted at it and one would presume expanding the old cargo apron, reconnecting it to the taxiway and moving aircraft parking there away from hardstand D.

PEMCO has also been working on a bit more ATI and DHL planes over at MRO as of late too.

http://www.tampaairport.com/sites/defau ... rvices.pdf

wjcandee

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:14 pm

BTV: Re PEMCO: I think this is the kind of thing that we will see with Omni. That is, ATSG basically left PEMCO's existing business and operation intact, but has started to make investments in things like the upcoming A321 cargo conversion, which would be engineered by outsiders but converted at PEMCO, and bringing to PEMCO at TPA certain work that otherwise would be done at now-basically-full ILN. PEMCO had the certifications and expertise to do MRO on a variety of airframes, but had prior to the ATSG acquisition aimed more and more at 737 work. My impression is that the range of frames that they are now working on is more-diverse.

RE: Amazon. I think that Amazon is finding TPA to be a good station for a variety of reasons, and it makes sense that the volumes through there would expand. Planeside space seems to quickly have become an issue at several of the Amazon stations, and it makes sense that we will continue to see it grow.

wjcandee

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 am

N1487A is the final Altas/Titan/Andromeda 767-300 conversion relating to the Amazon assignment. It has been at TLV since 12/5/18.

It did a 2.5-hour test flight on Saturday 10/6/18, so seems to be getting close to completion.

Also on Saturday, 10/6/18, IAI/Bedek/MexicanaMRO completed conversion of N765CK, Connie's latest 767-300 conversion (and the 4th one completed on the MexicanaMRO line). The MexicanaMRO shop, seems to be getting faster with every conversion. The initial conversion for Connie took a typical amount of time. The second one was 4.5 months. The third was 4.25 months. This one took 3.66 months. Obviously, things like backlog and condition of airframe, etc., enter into it, but it is interesting to see that the MexicanaMRO line (which can only put one 767-300 in the hangar at a time) seems to be working hard and getting better at accomplishing the IAI/Bedek conversion.

yochai

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm

1487 did another air test @ TLV late this evening (very unusual to see a test flight going out after dark!). Delivery to KPSM scheduled for tomorrow morning however my source at Bedek advises the aircraft suffers from pressurization problems which might hold the delivery a bit longer than expected.

wjcandee

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks, Yochai!!!

It's nice to be able to breathe.

Whiplash6

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:47 am

yochai wrote:
1487 did another air test @ TLV late this evening (very unusual to see a test flight going out after dark!). Delivery to KPSM scheduled for tomorrow morning however my source at Bedek advises the aircraft suffers from pressurization problems which might hold the delivery a bit longer than expected.

Almost every conversion that they are sending over from TLV has had problems with the ground prox system. Something to do with the software they are installing that is causing big problems.

wjcandee

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:58 am

Whiplash6 wrote:
yochai wrote:

Almost every conversion that they are sending over from TLV has had problems with the ground prox system. Something to do with the software they are installing that is causing big problems.

Interesting. Given that all of the CAM 767-300s (at both ABX and ATI and elsewhere) are converted at TLV, I wonder if our pilots of CAM-leased aircraft have seen this issue. I do know that CAM often changes the FMS from what the plane came with (i.e. upgrade to Pegasus or even downgrade to Legacy box), so that they can adjust the lease charge depending upon what FMS is in there, and it's ultimately up to the customer to choose. I say this to illustrate that they will customize certain internals (and the charge for them) to their customer's specific requirement. So it may be that CAM is not using the same version of certain software that Atlas does on certain avionics. Interesting, however, that Whip (who would definitely know) seems to be seeing this on the IAI/Bedek conversions but not on the BCFs.

N1487A made it from TLV to PSM, today, however.

travaz

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 am

In general what is the issue?

Acey559

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:15 am

Our bids aren’t out for the next period yet because peak schedules aren’t finalized, but I’ve been hearing bits and pieces from various stations as I fly through. The biggest surprise to me is that PHX is going down to one flight (this from ATI station personnel, I don’t know if ABX/Atlas fly there) throughout peak. Flights are due to increase back to normal levels in January, but I’m surprised that a station that’s been around as long as PHX has is only getting one flight. There must be lots of changes and shuffling around. We should receive our bids next week so I’ll see what other changes are in store.
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.

1337Delta764

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Here in the Phoenix area, there are two new ground linehaul lines that recently started - DEN2 in Aurora, Colorado and LGB6 in Riverside, CA.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

Acey559

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 am

Our bids just came out. Lots of changes from what I can tell. I’m going to look through them more tomorrow but off the bat I see SEA-BDL and SMF-ONT.

yochai

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:35 am

N369AA is out on a test flight following cargo conversion @ TLV, delivery expected tomorrow morning to SNN.

wjcandee

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Thanks, Yochai!!

Thanks Acey!

wjcandee

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:30 am

So, keeping track of the ATSG conversions, 369AA finished up conversion and flew to SNN, then to YHM, oddly, today (10/29/18). It needs to be painted before going into service anywhere (still has the current-AA-livery tail). Maybe it's a stop before proceeding to CVG, maybe not. ATSG painting is normally done at one of the Dean Baldwin locations in the US. KF at YHM is a partner with Pemco, an ATSG subsidiary, but... I guess we will see what happens next.

hkcanadaexpat

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am

wjcandee wrote:
So, keeping track of the ATSG conversions, 369AA finished up conversion and flew to SNN, then to YHM, oddly, today (10/29/18). It needs to be painted before going into service anywhere (still has the current-AA-livery tail). Maybe it's a stop before proceeding to CVG, maybe not. ATSG painting is normally done at one of the Dean Baldwin locations in the US. KF at YHM is a partner with Pemco, an ATSG subsidiary, but... I guess we will see what happens next.

Could it be going to Cargojet Airways hence why its in Hamilton?

wjcandee

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Could it be going to Cargojet Airways hence why its in Hamilton?

I was thinking the same thing, but usually CAM paints it in the US and then returns it to ILN for post-conversion checks and paperwork before exporting it. Given that YHM is kinda on the path to ILN, I thought maybe it just landed short of ILN for one of many possible operational reasons and then will continue on after the crew gets rest, but it was flight-planned for YHM. So I'm befuddled. Clearly AMES at ILN is very-busy these days, which apparently explains why some maintenance checks are being farmed out. Several CAM 767s have spent a month or so at GSO, and a 757 was worked on in TPA rather than ILN. I know that N788AX, which is going to be exported to Sky Taxi, and N787AX (where I don't know the next customer), were waiting for hangar space at ILN so they could be refurbished for re-lease, and are running a smidge behind. So I guess it's possible that some work that would otherwise have been done by AMES is being done at KF or someone else at YHM, but that would be a bit of a first, particularly for painting. I seriously don't think that ATSG has painted a plane anywhere but Dean Baldwin for literally decades.

I also was thinking that Cargojet's latest move with a 767-300 was to buy one of the recently-retired AA aircraft that CAM otherwise might have acquired and send it to TLV for a conversion managed by itself. I don't know if that was a one-off opportunity, or whether Cargojet is planning in the future to undertake its own conversions after purchasing (rather than leasing) its aircraft. One of the things that CAM brings to the table in a lease transaction, of course, is a lot of experience managing IAI/Bedek 767 conversions -- probably more than any other single entity. As the owner/lessor, it also takes responsibility for the speed and quality of the conversions -- working with the conversion house to resolve the myriad issues that arise. For N380AN, all of that will now fall on Cargojet's representatives, who may want that opportunity. I guess we will see.

wjcandee

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 am

Well, there's a post in another thread to the effect that 369AA is going to Cargojet, so HKCanadaExpat's assumption was correct. Unclear whether it is a CAM lease or a sale by CAM before/during/after conversion. It followed the same registration pattern as 370AA, which is a CAM lease, to my knowledge. I had forgotten that 370AA was painted at Premier in RME before that shop closed. So I imagine that Cargojet will have this aircraft painted in Canada, perhaps again by Premier at a different location. 369AA was delisted on the US register as of 10/30/18, shown as exported to Canada.

For what it's worth, in my post above, I talk about how exclusively ATSG (and Airborne before it) used Dean Baldwin Painting. I did forget that the first 767-300 leased to Amazon (by Atlas) was painted by Premier in RME, and that the first 767-300 leased to Amazon by CAM was in fact painted there as well. The balance were done at Dean Baldwin, as have been CAM's recent leases to Amerijet, NAC, StratAir, Aloha, and Air Incheon, as well as the 767-200s recently repurposed at new carriers and/or touched-up for DHL.

KICT

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 am

A 777 freighter in Amazon livery would look wild. I hope that comes to fruition.

cmairplaneman

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:27 pm

Was at Wilmington today. N712AX moved to the storage area with the 727's and DC-8's. Looks like N792AX also was moved over there and looks like it'll be scrapped. N741AX has its engines again. A Delta 767-400 is getting maintenance done and is sitting by the hangars without engines. There was also a private 767-200 there and will need help finding the tail number of it. I'll share a link of all the airplanes I saw. Also, I saw A9C-DHM get pushed out of the hangar. Also got a picture of N753CX landing after a test flight. @wjcandee
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter

Acey559

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:41 am

cmairplaneman wrote:
Was at Wilmington today. N712AX moved to the storage area with the 727's and DC-8's. Looks like N792AX also was moved over there and looks like it'll be scrapped. N741AX has its engines again. A Delta 767-400 is getting maintenance done and is sitting by the hangars without engines. There was also a private 767-200 there and will need help finding the tail number of it. I'll share a link of all the airplanes I saw. Also, I saw A9C-DHM get pushed out of the hangar. Also got a picture of N753CX landing after a test flight. @wjcandee

I was just at ILN as well. The DL -400 is N830MH. I couldn’t see much else other than the tail of 753CX. I’m glad to hear 753 got in the air, that thing was a nightmare but hopefully it will be back in service soon. We heard in training that ATI is supposed to get a new 767 by the end of the year. I have no idea where it’s coming from, but that was the word from the brass in Wilmington.

cmairplaneman

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:46 am

Acey559 wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

I was just at ILN as well. The DL -400 is N830MH. I couldn’t see much else other than the tail of 753CX. I’m glad to hear 753 got in the air, that thing was a nightmare but hopefully it will be back in service soon. We heard in training that ATI is supposed to get a new 767 by the end of the year. I have no idea where it’s coming from, but that was the word from the brass in Wilmington.

Cool to know! Any idea what that private 767 was if you saw it?

cmairplaneman

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:47 am

cmairplaneman wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

Also, do you know of any other good plane spotting areas at ILN near the runway?

Acey559

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:16 am

cmairplaneman wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

I never saw it, or at least I don’t think I did. That DL -400 took up most of the view out the windows by our classroom. I’ll see if I can check who is going to training next week and whether they might be able to see anything. As for spotting, I’m trying to think. The best spots seem to be from Davids Dr. There’s not much we can see from the admin building because everything is blocked by the hangars.

wjcandee

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 am

Acey559 wrote:
We heard in training that ATI is supposed to get a new 767 by the end of the year. I have no idea where it’s coming from, but that was the word from the brass in Wilmington.

377AN and 383AN are done with conversion and currently-undelivered, so they are possible candidates. The most recent conversion, 369AA, as discussed, is at Cargojet. The next ship out of conversion, 373AA, should be going to Amerijet. 930WE might be out of conversion by early December. With two weeks for painting and the usual week or two for Conformity, that ship probably won't make the end of the year, but could make early January. If it's done with conversion a little earlier, that could be the ticket. After 930WE, don't expect any more CAM conversions to be finished before 730WE is done in early March. And given that 830WE still is in Alice Springs, one couldn't reasonably expect that next aircraft into conversion to be finished before May. By early 2019, we should see a couple more AA aircraft being retired, which might then make good feedstock, or CAM could pick up some of the aircraft currently being offered them on a more piecemeal basis if necessary. It all depends upon demand.
Last edited by wjcandee on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

wjcandee

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:00 am

CMairplaneman: Great work!!

cmairplaneman

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Looks like 753CX is supposed to go on another test flight soon. Must be having problems. Any idea what the issues might be?

wjcandee

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
Looks like 753CX is supposed to go on another test flight soon. Must be having problems. Any idea what the issues might be?

I thought it was in TPA for an HMV, after which it flew to ILN and entered back into military-service rotation. Then, it had an issue about 20 minutes after departure from Norfolk about 3 weeks ago, and returned there, after which it was ferried to ILN, where it has been either waiting to be worked on or being worked on. I assume these are test flights to make sure it doesn't happen again. AMC doesn't like diversions of live flights, ya know...

PEMCO (before ATSG owned it) did the combi conversions for 752cx, 753cx and 754cx, and would have done one more if National had won the contract from AMC. Precision Conversions did 751cx, which was to have been the first of 4, and was actually completed and certified after the other 3. (National was vying for the combi contract against incumbent ATI, and took kind of a "Field of Dreams" approach: If we build it they will come. Maybe not the wisest approach in a government contract environment. When the dust settled, ATI kept the contract but had to move to 757s in the entirety. It was in process with 751cx already, and National had completed but had no use for 752-754, so a deal was made to move them to ATI. I'm pretty sure that most folks like the Precision Conversions version better.)

wjcandee

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:35 am

Okay, so if I'm reading the ATSG financials (just released) correctly, 377AN and 383AN will be used by ABX or ATI for peak (and then what?). That leaves 3 "to be leased to external customers" in the 4th quarter. So then I guess 369AA is a lease to CargoJet, 373AA is a lease to Amerijet, and 930WE is expected to be dry-leased to someone by 12/31/18.

That then leaves 730WE, now in conversion, and due out in Feb/Mar 2019, and 830WE, still at ASP so not to be online before at least May 2019.

Then they say they are buying in 4Q 2018 four more frames, which then will be rotated through conversion. Tick-tock, guys. Potentially this means 4 more aircraft for delivery in 2nd Half 2019, but only 2 in 1st Half 2019. And of course if they get busy, there could be more in the 2nd Half of 2019. But plainly no big staff-up in 1st Half 2019.

As to where these 4 frames will come from, let the experts weigh in! The latest AA fleet plan that has been actively discussed calls for 6 767-300s to leave the fleet in all of 2019, and all retirements for 2018 have already taken place. Maybe AA decided again to pull some retirements into 2018, or maybe these acquisitions will be of non-AA aircraft. Choosing the specific number 4 suggests an eye on a subfleet if we're not talking AA aircraft, because CAM doesn't like onesies-twosies. Does "4" mean anything to anyone who is eyeing fleet retirements at other than AA?

Acey559

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:41 pm

753 has been a nightmare since coming out of C check, which took far longer than it was supposed to. One engine was having compressor stalls, then on the flight in question they lost the whole mode control panel and autothrottles. Right pack deferred. Equipment overheat at altitude followed by an uncontrollable loss of cabin altitude followed by an emergency descent. Needless to say, AMES had a lot to troubleshoot and fix.

MO11

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:26 pm

wjcandee wrote:

That then leaves 730WE, now in conversion, and due out in Feb/Mar 2019, and 830WE, still at ASP so not to be online before at least May 2019.

Just as an aside, N830WE was sold to CSDS Aircraft Sales & Leasing in September. I have never seen paperwork indicating any transfer to ATSG or an affiliate.

wjcandee

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:40 pm

MO11 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Just as an aside, N830WE was sold to CSDS Aircraft Sales & Leasing in September. I have never seen paperwork indicating any transfer to ATSG or an affiliate.

I could be wrong. However, ATSG said in the 2nd Quarter conference call that they bought 2 aircraft previously-operated by the same carrier in the second quarter. One of those was 730WE. Both 730WE and 830WE appeared simultaneously on the 30 West web site as "under contract", which was never updated. https://www.30wjets.com/available-aircraft (930WE's sale to ATSG closed in the 1st Q. https://www.30wjets.com/transactions.) So I did in fact assume that they picked up 730WE and 830WE together. And given that ATSG is generally going to look at aircraft as a group, because they like consistency (big discussion of this in the 2Q conference call), it would make no sense for them not to also have picked up 830WE. 830WE's certificate (as registered with the FAA) did go to Bank of Utah, which is the one that ATSG uses as an interim certificateholder/trustee, but so do numerous other entities. Like I say, it's all reading between the lines, so you could be right and I could have assumed too much.
Last edited by wjcandee on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wjcandee

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Acey559 wrote:
753 has been a nightmare since coming out of C check, which took far longer than it was supposed to. One engine was having compressor stalls, then on the flight in question they lost the whole mode control panel and autothrottles. Right pack deferred. Equipment overheat at altitude followed by an uncontrollable loss of cabin altitude followed by an emergency descent. Needless to say, AMES had a lot to troubleshoot and fix.

Yikes. Guess PEMCO hadn't worked on a 757 in a while. Not so good that the subsidiary has to kick the aircraft back to the parent company's facility to fix the stuff they bollixed up. Also, given that subsidiaries of the same parent company own, operate and provide maintenance for 753cx, one would assume that management at PEMCO would have wanted to do a sterling job, to prove that their facility does the same quality work as its parent. (AMES now owns PEMCO; that's the way it's structured, even if I still think of AMES being the ILN facility.) I'm assuming that the C-check was done at PEMCO, since 753CX was down in TPA for forever, and PEMCO did the original conversion of the aircraft from pax to combi.

cmairplaneman

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:08 am

Here are some new aircraft pictures I got at Wilmington. Enjoy.

N773AX with N830MH: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 42049.html
N673BF: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 42048.html
N753CX: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 42044.html
A9C-DHM: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 42046.html
N741AX: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/ph ... 42051.html

Also what happend to N633SH? Did not see it at ILN. Last I saw it, It has it's RB211's back on it but has now disappeared. Might be in a hangar.

wjcandee

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am

CM: Great work!

Sweet private VIP 767 in for maintenance! Nice to see AMES continuing to score lucrative private and airline 767 maintenance work, along with the DC9, 737 and 757 work that it does. When you look at AMES's customer list, it's a testament to the quality of their work.

I don't think 633SH left ILN, so I guess it was hiding from you...

wjcandee

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:26 am

wjcandee wrote:
Well, there's a post in another thread to the effect that 369AA is going to Cargojet, so HKCanadaExpat's assumption was correct. Unclear whether it is a CAM lease or a sale by CAM before/during/after conversion.

wjcandee

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:36 am

wjcandee wrote:
Well, there's a post in another thread to the effect that 369AA is going to Cargojet, so HKCanadaExpat's assumption was correct. Unclear whether it is a CAM lease or a sale by CAM before/during/after conversion.

During the 3Q conference call, after everyone talked about how ATSG had accomplished the 10 767-300 conversions that it predicted that it would complete this year, one of the officers volunteered something offhand about "Well, we sold one of them so it's a net 9." Possible he was referring to 369AA.

Or maybe not. ATSG says that usually they don't talk about specific customers in the conference call, but then sometimes they do. Here, the officer also talked specifically about selling a different 767-300 to Cargojet, which he said something about being an option that Cargojet had after 3 years under its lease, and that financially it was basically a wash (i.e. nothing significant gained by ATSG). Obviously, that's not one of the 2018 conversions, if Cargojet had been leasing it for 3 years already.

Adding to my confusion, they also talked about 2 aircraft going to ATI for Peak and for a while thereafter (figure this means about 6 months) and, they said, hopefully longer. These two were to be operated on an ACMI basis for that customer, leaving 3, 2 of which they say were already "dry-leased", and 1 to be delivered before the end of the year. That would seem to be one already leased to StratAir, one already leased to Cargojet and an upcoming one which should be going to Amerijet. So that would seem to eliminate 369AA as the "sold one".

Meaning that I'm not sure I understand the math, and, unless the one they "sold" was N380AN (which I had expected to be a CAM conversion), I can't for the life of me figure out which one was the "sold" one. Also weird that they kept saying that they will have done 10 conversions in 2018, but selling N380AN to Cargojet is not ATSG doing a conversion given that it went straight from the desert to TLV, where it already seems to be registered to Cargojet.

I guess it's not really important to most a.net readers, but for those of us who actually read the financials and listen to the conference calls, one would think that we could figure out what they are actually doing. I mean, heck, it's meaningful whether you're putting 10 new aircraft on your roster to generate income by being leased out, or only 9. That's a 10-percent difference between promise and performance, which is meaningful, given how nitpicky analysts are about trying to calculate expected performance of a company.

cmairplaneman

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 am

Besides N373AA, what other ATSG 767-300's are at TLV right now?

wjcandee

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:31 am

cmairplaneman wrote:

N930WE arrived 6/6/18
N730WE arrived 8/30/18

cmairplaneman

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:55 am

wjcandee wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

N930WE arrived 6/6/18
N730WE arrived 8/30/18[/quote

Completely forgot about those two. Thanks

code176

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:50 am

It looks like Atlas is flying some Amazon flights through RIV (March ARB) in Riverside, CA. I see flights to/from IAH, BWI, and SKF.

cvgComair

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:28 am

code176 wrote:
It looks like Atlas is flying some Amazon flights through RIV (March ARB) in Riverside, CA. I see flights to/from IAH, BWI, and SKF.

Yep, they are temporarily shifting some overflow from ONT. It was supposed to start November 1, but it seems they were a few days late. They are allowed a maximum of 5 daily flights. The current routings are HNL/IAH/BWI-RIV-BWI/SKF/IAH, so they have room for two more flights. I saw somewhere ABE/CLT would switch from ONT to RIV, so that might be the other two.
Next: PWM-JFK (Delta CRJ-900), JFK-CVG Delta CRJ-900)
DL FO, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340

wjcandee

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 am

Atlas is also going to do the not-daily CONUS-HNL Amazon flight from RIV. So it will now be RIV-HNL-RIV rather than ONT-HNL-ONT.

And...N1487A is in service on GTI for Amazon Air, as of Wednesday, November 7. Went to TLV to be converted on 12/5/17. Came back on 10/9/18. About 10 months at TLV. After painting at AMA, was in MIA for a couple of weeks and is now in service, initially on TPA-CVG-TPA, presumably for shakeout purposes. And...that's the last one for now.

wjcandee

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 am

Hey, CMAirplaneman: N788AX, which will be being exported to Sky Taxi as SP-MRF, returned to ILN on 11/6/18 from paint at ROW. Might be an interesting livery! (Or it might just be all-white...)

Acey559

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 pm

788 is in an interesting livery. All white body with a blue and red tail with a stylized iguana on the tail. I have a picture but I’ll have to figure out how to attach it.

cmairplaneman

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:33 am

Yeah like Acey said, it’s all white with the cool iguana on the tail. Was not expecting this paint scheme. Sure is interesting and cool. Maybe I’ll try to spot it when it leaves

cmairplaneman

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 am

Acey, keep us up to date with what arrives at ILN. Also, what is the deal with 712AX? Any idea Acey? Looks like they brought it over to the storage area

MO11

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 am

cmairplaneman wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

Is it not the Vision 767 (N768VA) that has been there for nearly 7 years?

wjcandee

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 am

MO11 wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Is it not the Vision 767 (N768VA) that has been there for nearly 7 years?

No, he's talking about a different aircraft: N673BF. It's an ex-Qantas 767-200 reconfigured to VVVIP configuration. Owned by Len Blavatnik and operated for him by Polaris Aviation Solutions. The "BF" apparently stands for "Blavatnik Family".

The triangular logo near the door is the logo of Access Industries, Mr. Blavatnik's company.

Nice piece of metal for AMES to be asked to work on. AMES seems to be becoming the place for billionaires to have their 767 HMVs performed.
Last edited by wjcandee on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos