Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Skyblue39

Re: Irish 2/18 : thrust set, speed building ...

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

And still nothing concrete about PEK-DUB starting with HU....

Eirules

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Eirules wrote:
Yeah some excellent results and a positive outlook. I’d still be a little concerned on the over reliance on transatlantic however. Competition is stronger than ever and any kind of economic crisis could destroy them.

This.

Aside from the Economics 101 point that you should avoid having all your eggs in one basket, EI's full-service long-haul model is particularly vulnerable on the US East Coast, given the increasing ability of narrow-bodies (and thus LCC operators) to fly those routes. What happens if B6 or FR suddenly decides to go gung-ho on these routes? Dangerous.

In contrast, the threat to EI on an African, East Asian, Indian or US West Coast route is significantly less, given the alignment between flight distance and passenger tolerance. A seasonal CPT route, as well as a year-round PEK or TYO service (perhaps the latter in a JV with JL) should definitely be considered by EI, and would be possible on 332s ex-DUB.

The obsession with EI developing Atlantic transit traffic blows me away - do EI and IAG really have such little faith in EI's branding, loyalty and standing within the Irish public to be able to sustain an Irish O&D route? IB operates outside of its Latin America focus, to Asia, so why can't EI too? The market is ripe - there are no China or India flights ex-DUB! :o

I'd like to see, at a bare minimum:

- Seasonal flights to BKK and CPT, given that both are popular tourist destinations for Irish people, and so EI's brand loyalty could be used
- Year-round flights to HKG in a CX JV, similar to the CX - NZ JV to AKL - that'd finally give EI a proper Australasian presence for VFR traffic

Later on, EI should also consider:

- PEK, given that Ireland has no flights to the PRC, despite it being the second biggest economy, and the potential of Chinese tourism to DUB
- BOM, PVG, SIN and TYO (runway length permitting), given long-term growth potential in these markets, and Ireland's globalised economy

Cheers,

C.

While I agree with some of your points, I can’t see or don’t think it’d be wise for them to jump onto all of those routes.

Yields to BKK are traditionally very poor and you can routinely get business fares for €1200 with TK or others. EI couldn’t compete with that.

On the other hand, JNB continues to deliver high business class fares for BA & IB and even with all of the ME4 capacity, traditional European carriers continue to do well. CPT is underserved from Europe, especially since VS & SA dropped it to LHR.

I’d previously have thought HKG would be the best place for EI to dip their toes into Asia but they couldn’t compete with CX & I don’t think there’s demand for 2 airlines on the route. We do need a route to mainland China but it won’t deliver connections on that end so perhaps SIN or KUL would be a better bet with MH feed or significant QF connections in SIN

EI321

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 am

loughrey1 wrote:
Hi all, pretty new here!

Quick question regarding the construction work for the new runway. I saw that: 'Two new airfield viewing areas were also constructed in addition to the erection of more than 14km of fencing.' Source: http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2018/02/ ... nectivity/

Any idea if these 'viewing areas' will be anything like ones seen in other airports like Manchester or Munich. I was at the latter in summer and it's pretty impressive. Definitely a need for it IMO, considering the number of cars pulling in south of the current runway.

The two new viewing areas are already built. They are on the side of the new road that recently opened parallel to the new runway site, but are currently blocked by traffic cones. They are similar to the existing one along 10/28 but are set back further from the road so are safer. They have parking spaces marked out also.

kaitak
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am

dstc47 wrote:

The original plan had the Airport station a long walk away - has this been precisely located in this rather imprecise plan?

Is it not the plan to use the basement check in area at T1, that EI used to use (was it called Area 14?), as the rail station for the metro?

I presume that they have done samples to ensure that the land beneath the Luas line can be bored through and can support an underground train line?

I confess that I have misgivings about developing a new rail line alongside (ok, below) an existing rail line. What happens to the Luas line after the Metro is opened?

Anyway, glad it's happening - at last!

One final question: the new A330s for EI, one ex-Qatar and the other ex-Vim ... when are these arriving? I think it was mentioned that the QR aircraft would be in basic QR colours (at least until the end of the Summer season); what about the ex-Vim one?

And is it still intended to start DEN? (OK, two final questions - it's starting to feel like the Spanish inquisition sketch!)

JAmie2k9

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 pm

kaitak wrote:
dstc47 wrote:

The original plan had the Airport station a long walk away - has this been precisely located in this rather imprecise plan?

Is it not the plan to use the basement check in area at T1, that EI used to use (was it called Area 14?), as the rail station for the metro?

I presume that they have done samples to ensure that the land beneath the Luas line can be bored through and can support an underground train line?

I confess that I have misgivings about developing a new rail line alongside (ok, below) an existing rail line. What happens to the Luas line after the Metro is opened?

Anyway, glad it's happening - at last!

One final question: the new A330s for EI, one ex-Qatar and the other ex-Vim ... when are these arriving? I think it was mentioned that the QR aircraft would be in basic QR colours (at least until the end of the Summer season); what about the ex-Vim one?

And is it still intended to start DEN? (OK, two final questions - it's starting to feel like the Spanish inquisition sketch!)

No station will be located in front of T1/T2 so yes a little walk to not exceptionally long in comparison to most airports. Probably 2-4 minutes from terminal and will be easy for those who will be working in the airport city to reach as well.

JAmie2k9

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:01 pm

FR will start Luxembourg and Frankfurt lather this year while Athens will return year round apparently.

OA260

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (22 Feb) launched its Northern Ireland winter 2018 schedule, with 15 routes in total, including a new Belfast route to Manchester and the return of winter flights from Belfast to London, which will help deliver 1.1m customers p.a. through Ryanair’s 2 airports in Northern Ireland this year.

Ryanair’s Northern Ireland winter 18 schedule will deliver:

At Belfast:
– 1 new route to Manchester (2 daily)
– The return of winter flights to London (Stansted, 3 daily)
– 13 routes in total
– 955,000 customers p.a.
– 715* on-site jobs

At Derry:
– 2 routes: Glasgow (5 wkly), Liverpool (4 wkly)
– 145,000 customers p.a.
– 110* on-site jobs

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryan ... -schedule/

Skyblue39

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:12 pm

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/statu ... ort.com%2F

Per Dublin Airport twitter, progress of the construction of the new ATC Tower.

leghorn

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:15 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
FR will start Luxembourg and Frankfurt lather this year while Athens will return year round apparently.

When Frankfurt? That alone will hurt Aer Lingus in a big way. There is a lot of business traffic on that route being served by what is essentially a LCC offering from Aer Lingus.

georgiabill

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Would EI'S A3330'S be load restricted on a DUB-JNB-DUB or DUB-CPT-DUB?

JAmie2k9

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 pm

leghorn wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

When Frankfurt? That alone will hurt Aer Lingus in a big way. There is a lot of business traffic on that route being served by what is essentially a LCC offering from Aer Lingus.

October (start of winter), Aer Lingus should be fine, yes yield will drop but they have experienced this on AMS, BRU, MUC already. Only thing FR may lose out on is good slot times.

leghorn

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 pm

I can see people mixing and matching outbound and inbound flights between DUB and FRA on Ryanair and Aer Lingus

User001

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Ukraine international has stated Kiev-Dublin will be launched in 2020 within its 5 years of new routes plan. Launching about 5-6 new routes per year to 2022.

OA260

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

leghorn wrote:
I can see people mixing and matching outbound and inbound flights between DUB and FRA on Ryanair and Aer Lingus

EI get a lot of connections into/via FRA something FR cant offer ... yet . I would not be overly concerned.

OA260

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm

User001 wrote:
Ukraine international has stated Kiev-Dublin will be launched in 2020 within its 5 years of new routes plan. Launching about 5-6 new routes per year to 2022.

Some pretty amazing fares on their network. Would be interesting to see if they took traffic from TK on the ones they compete on.

BestWestern

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Kyiv is a great city too.

leghorn

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 pm

OA260 wrote:
leghorn wrote:

EI get a lot of connections into/via FRA something FR cant offer ... yet . I would not be overly concerned.

I know; I've seen exhausted Paddys just reaching the departure gates out of breath and just in time on their way from somewhere out east.
This is a route for Ryanair which occupies a plane which otherwise might have been parked over winter.

leghorn

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:14 am

Thought about this and Aer Lingus will probably do like Lufthansa and put an A319 on the FRA-DUB route or a CS300 if IAG order them when Ryanair start stealing their Customers. The IAG group and the Lufthansa group will always be able to get a certain level of occupancy on their planes and struggle to get beyond that level when Ryanair are competing on the same route and taking all the price-sensitive Customers.
My last Lufthansa flight was on a A319 and the Aer Lingus plane is rarely full. It is easier to fill a 130ish seat plane which burns less fuel than an A320.

JAmie2k9

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 pm

leghorn wrote:
Thought about this and Aer Lingus will probably do like Lufthansa and put an A319 on the FRA-DUB route or a CS300 if IAG order them when Ryanair start stealing their Customers. The IAG group and the Lufthansa group will always be able to get a certain level of occupancy on their planes and struggle to get beyond that level when Ryanair are competing on the same route and taking all the price-sensitive Customers.
My last Lufthansa flight was on a A319 and the Aer Lingus plane is rarely full. It is easier to fill a 130ish seat plane which burns less fuel than an A320.

They wont fly the A319 because the cost differance to A320 doesn't make it work. Both will be fine just like on 95% of the network they compete.

Not sure struggle is the right word, airlines operate a different strategy with Ryanair focusing on selling all seats while EI/LH focus on revenue per passenger.

LH fly more A321s than any other type, A319 is rare.

ClassicLover

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 pm

kaitak wrote:

The green Luas between Charlemont and Sandyford will become Metro above ground, taking over the existing line, so it won't be underneath.

The rest of the green line at either end will remain Luas.

I'll be interested to see where the transition between above and below ground happens at Charlemont. I assume it will go under before the road it crosses as it goes from above street level to street level right before the Harcourt stop.

shamrock350

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 pm

leghorn wrote:

Aer Lingus don't have A319s anymore, they were replaced by A320s because the operating costs are so similar despite the extra revenue potential. It's makes the A319 redundant for an airline like Aer Lingus.

Aer Lingus will likely hold their own just fine on FRA, in a similar fashion to how they've done so on AMS and BRU despite many doom-mongers at the time.

The wider picture on short haul is crying out for smaller jet as I've said a few times before. I actually think it's a more pressing issue than the recent calls for them to go east on long haul because without a growing and sustainable short haul network, the DUB-HUB strategy will stall before it's even really got going. A standard shrink like the A319, while good for commonality, isn't going work due to the costs, you need an aircraft designed specifically for the purpose of regional jet flying like an Embraer, CSeries or even Sukhoi with the lower operating costs to match. Aer Lingus recently pulled Warsaw and numerous routes before that, shrinking itself in Europe to a summer sun airline will do nothing for the business as a whole in the long term.

The CSeries would be costly to introduce but comes with lots of potential, it could make previous routes viable again, open new markets and add frequencies to core routes enabling additional connection potential via DUB and the north American network. The same could be said for Embraer or even the Sukhoi is a tie up with CityJet. Stobart are sniffing around Flybe as well, potential for Aer Lingus Regional to expand into jets... it's far more viable than Stobart's ambitions for Carlisle!

Skyblue39

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 pm

leghorn wrote:

DUB-FRA sees a lot of A321 with LH.

OA260

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:

DUB-FRA sees a lot of A321 with LH.

Especially in Summer where 50% of the daily rotations are 321.

leghorn

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Not the one I was flying and it wasn't full.

JAmie2k9

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 pm

leghorn wrote:
Not the one I was flying and it wasn't full.

They will never be 100% full but LH added a 4th daily last October so clearly they are making money.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Is there a scope clause between Stobart and EI? How large an aircraft could Stobart operate for EI?

Given the rumours about Stobart and Flybe, I wonder if the upgraded Embraer E-jets would be the most likely option, since Flybe still have a decent fleet of them. There are, as stated above, plenty of options for a 100-120 seater and they really need to develop the Dub-Hub. I do appreciate the argument about the A319s having similar costs, BUT I do think that a 170-180 seater isn't the right instrument with which to open a new route; start with 70 seaters (or 120 seater jets, on continental routes) and then have them mature into the next larger acft; a 170-180 seater doesn't give you the flexibility with frequency that a smaller aircraft would.

Again, a lot of it comes down to scope; would IALPA appreciate a 150 seater operated by a franchise, because if the CS300 (or another similar acft size) is the only model of its size coming into the fleet, then would it not be more efficient to have a franchisee operate it? Otherwise, the economics of operating a stand-alone new type might outweigh the economic benefits it might bring?

eirflot

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Have been on the FRA route many, many times and never on a A319 - usually an A320 or A321
There have been A319s out of Munich
Prior to Lufthansa pushing the Germany market Aer Lingus had excellent loads and in Premier Europe days that cabin was usually full

I do think Aer Lingua have missed an opportunity by not having a European premium type cabin

Lufthansa at 4 a day to Frankfurt have almost all of Europe (western, central and eastern) covered

Skyblue39

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 pm

I have just booked Iberia DUB-MAD-JNB in July.
Cheapest fare I could find and ET/QR/EY/EK were all much more expensive to Johannesburg which I couldn’t justify. What is Madrid like for connections? Are their A332’s decent?

LH982

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:10 pm

LH are just about all 320 and 321 in the summer. They added another flight this winter and we've seen mainly 320s, with 321s, 319s and even CRJs showing up. It's possible that you'll see empty seats on a Sunday evening or a Tuesday afternoon, but LH are running lots of flights at 90%+. 982 last night was close to 100 on a 320N.

It will be interesting to see what turns up on the summer schedule at 4 flights a day. Will it be all 320 and 321.

LH982

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Just to add LH is all about connections. You can get off an A321 Dublin flight in Frankfurt and see less than 20 passengers waiting for bags. Again in Dublin, the vast majority of bags have tags that show the passenger has connected at Frankfurt.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 pm

I think IB have turned around as far as their service quality is concerned (and God knows , they needed to !). I believe the A332s have wifi , PTVs and the cabin crew are much more service orientated than before .

OA260

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:
Cheapest fare I could find and ET/QR/EY/EK were all much more expensive to Johannesburg which I couldn’t justify. What is Madrid like for connections? Are their A332’s decent?

MAD T4 is a dream to transit and a lovely building in terms of architecture. I have transited through MAD 3 times last year. The IB product is good and the interiors are new. 2hrs15mins is plenty too for connecting .

Skyblue39

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:

MAD T4 is a dream to transit and a lovely building in terms of architecture. I have transited through MAD 3 times last year. The IB product is good and the interiors are new. 2hrs15mins is plenty too for connecting .

Thank you OA260 - glad to hear it! Especially the connection time!

JAmie2k9

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:38 pm

LH982 wrote:
LH are just about all 320 and 321 in the summer. They added another flight this winter and we've seen mainly 320s, with 321s, 319s and even CRJs showing up. It's possible that you'll see empty seats on a Sunday evening or a Tuesday afternoon, but LH are running lots of flights at 90%+. 982 last night was close to 100 on a 320N.

It will be interesting to see what turns up on the summer schedule at 4 flights a day. Will it be all 320 and 321.

Currently planned for a more less a 50/50 split, over the summer A321s usually increase and you could have them on 3 or 4 daily over the peak season.

Phen

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:44 pm

OA260 wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:

Agreed T4/4S is one of my favourite terminals. They also send you and email to let you know what gate your next flight is boarding from - I got my email whilst waiting to disembark and it was really handy knowing exactly where to go and saves some time too.

JAmie2k9

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:47 pm

"DAA is now planning to spend another €285m on a number of projects that will include the construction of new aircraft stands on the so-called south apron, as well as taxiways and additional immigration facilities in both existing terminals.

An already complete extension to the existing Pier 1 has also been included in the calculations. The bulk of the €285m of projects will be delivered between 2019 and 2021.

That’s all on top of the €100m a year that the DAA has been spending on Dublin Airport improvements."
https://www.independent.ie/business/iri ... 38220.html

EI support the stands plan and confirm the 14th A330 will join this summer.

T1 immigration halls will be doubled with just a minor change in T2.

leghorn

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm

I would recommend that anyone using Dublin or Kerry interested in visiting the Mosel Valley visit before what looks like Ryanair's inevitable exit from Frankfurt Hahn.
That part of Germany is lovely. Even the old aircraft bunkers and deserted U.S. forces staff quarters around the airport itself are cool as they remind that there was a cold war in Europe just a few decades ago.

dstc47

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:35 am

kaitak wrote:
dstc47 wrote:

"Is it not the plan to use the basement check in area at T1, that EI used to use (was it called Area 14?), as the rail station for the metro?"

I think that the Area "41" location for the metro station was long since discarded.
IIRC some plans for one or other version of Metro North, that may still be around somewhere on the web, showed a station location somewhere to the east of the multistory car park.

CarbHeatIn

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 am

kaitak wrote:
Is there a scope clause between Stobart and EI? How large an aircraft could Stobart operate for EI?

Less than 100 seats, I believe.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm

leghorn wrote:
I would recommend that anyone using Dublin or Kerry interested in visiting the Mosel Valley visit before what looks like Ryanair's inevitable exit from Frankfurt Hahn.
That part of Germany is lovely. Even the old aircraft bunkers and deserted U.S. forces staff quarters around the airport itself are cool as they remind that there was a cold war in Europe just a few decades ago.

I can’t see FR exiting HHN (or transferring HHN-KIR to FRA-KIR). HHN was FR’s sixth-largest base in 2017 and should be able to peacefully co-exist with a FR base at FRA (just like GRO/BCN, CIA/FCO, CRL/BRU etc.).

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Qatar's AAB says Dublin route likely to be upgraded to A359, but no timescale given.

Etihad is expected to downgrade to about 12 flights per week for a short period (6 weeks).

OA260

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:48 pm

kaitak wrote:

Etihad is expected to downgrade to about 12 flights per week for a short period (6 weeks).

No surprise and it seems AUH is being hurt by TK too.

Middle East airports losing transfer traffic to Istanbul

Major airports in the Gulf, Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi are all losing market share of transit passengers to Istanbul, even before the city’s mega airport opens later this year.
Analysis by ForwardKeys, a company that helps forecast future travel by analysing around 17 million flight booking transactions a day, showed that Istanbul’s growth is coming at the expense of Middle Eastern airports.

ForwardKeys’ data for the first quarter of 2018 shows that flight bookings for passengers changing planes in Istanbul are currently 21 per cent ahead of where they were at this time last year whereas the equivalent transit bookings through Dubai and Doha are showing no growth and those through Abu Dhabi are 14 per cent behind.

https://www.internationalairportreview. ... -istanbul/

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Very interesting; EY seems to be the big loser, and TK the big winner (so far). Good to see TK doing well and perhaps that explains why they are increasing capacity on some routes with DUB likely to get a 330 on one of its flights at some stage (or so I've heard).

JAmie2k9

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 pm

kaitak wrote:
Very interesting; EY seems to be the big loser, and TK the big winner (so far). Good to see TK doing well and perhaps that explains why they are increasing capacity on some routes with DUB likely to get a 330 on one of its flights at some stage (or so I've heard).

Remember EY only went back 2 daily in April, this time last year was a daily B777 so not a total suprise.

OA260

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:25 pm

kaitak wrote:

TK have to justify the regular A330. If stats continue as they are then I am sure we will get one but that depends on continued growth and a stable security situation. It would be good to see it other then the odd few in Summer that we have seen before.

A neighbour of mine who works at DUB said there is a rumor going around that EY will close their lounge! Obviously just a rumor but they are making various cuts at some out stations.

---

Met Éireann - Aviation Modernisation Programme

As the National Meteorological Service of Ireland, a lot of people will be aware of Met Éireann’s role in weather forecasting functions, but what is probably not immediately obvious is Met Éireann’s responsibility for providing meteorological data at five of the airports in Ireland – Dublin Airport, Cork Airport, Shannon Airport, Knock Airport, and Casement Aerodrome.

Met Éireann is designated by the state as the Meteorological Authority for Ireland and is therefore responsible for providing meteorological services to air navigation in Ireland. The aviation industry is highly regulated and therefore Met Éireann must be compliant with international safety standards, principally set out by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) – a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN).

https://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=495

LTenEleven

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:17 am

From FR's winter DUB schedule:
ATH-DUB - 2x weekly
LUX-DUB - 3x weekly
FRA-DUB - 12x weekly (2x daily except TUE/SAT)

The press release with an overview on capacity development should come later today.

AmricanShamrok wrote:
leghorn wrote:

I can’t see FR exiting HHN (or transferring HHN-KIR to FRA-KIR). HHN was FR’s sixth-largest base in 2017 and should be able to peacefully co-exist with a FR base at FRA (just like GRO/BCN, CIA/FCO, CRL/BRU etc.).

HHN-DUB is gone from this winter.

OA260

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 am

Aer Lingus passengers face charges of up to €60 for lost property returns

Aer Lingus passengers are to be charged up to €60 for lost property.

The airline has brought in an outside firm to take care of returning items like phones and cameras left on planes.

It also applies to items left in the company's lounge at Dublin Airport.

The firm WeReturnIt.com charges €20 to find and deliver items such as a wallet, watch or purse; €30 for a bag, headphones or mobile phone; €40 for a tablet computer or camera; and €60 for a laptop.

http://www.newstalk.com/Aer-Lingus-pass ... ty-returns

shamrock350

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am

Ryanair pilots call for Michael O’Leary to resign

Group says further flight cancellations are ‘inevitable’ due to resignations of pilots

A pilot group that helped spearhead a staff revolt at Ryanair last year has called on chief executive Michael O’Leary to resign in the latest sign of strains in staff relations at Europe’s largest low-cost airline.

The European Employee Representative Council (EERC), an unofficial pan-European body set up by Ryanair pilots to mobilise for better conditions last year, said it believed large numbers of pilots were leaving the airline and that Mr O’Leary had failed to resolve the problem.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... um=twitter

Seems MO'L still has quite a way to go in winning over his pilots.

gosimeon

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 am

OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus passengers face charges of up to €60 for lost property returns

Aer Lingus, and the IAG group generally, really do cut some unnecessary corners. In time all these small cuts will erode their brand and how it is seen.

--------

With "The Beast from the East" due to arrive in the next couple of days, do you think there will be any flight disruption? My partner flies to Auatralia for a holiday Wednesday evening with Etihad and is startingto get a little worried, but it seems Thursday will be the real tough weather.
Last edited by gosimeon on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

OA260

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am

gosimeon wrote:
With "The Best from the East" due to arrive in the next couple of days, do you think there will be any flight disruption? My partner flies to Auatralia for a holiday Wednesday evening with Etihad and is startingto get a little worried, but it seems Thursday will be the real tough weather.

Thurs/Fri/Sat seem to be the key days to watch but obviously that could change and a matter of keeping updated on weather reports. Public transport services to DUB could be hit too.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos