Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

gdg9
Topic Author

DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated October 2017 Loads

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Here are the estimated load factors for the foreign carriers at DFW for October 2017. My apologies for the delay, DFW Airport had some type of issue with their software and it took longer than usual for the report to arrive. Looks like that's fixed and I have November and December numbers now to work on as well.

Now for October... you will notice that Qatar is kept below the rest of the airlines. This is because October was their first month flying the Airbus A350 to DFW, a 283-seat aircraft. However, I'm told that seats were blocked off both ways on DFW-DOH... but I don't know how many seats were blocked to make an accurate estimate. Thus, the file shows loads for a full 283-seat aircraft which I am pretty certain is not correct. If someone knows the story, let me know and I will adjust.

Interjet struggling yet again with half-empty planes, continuing what is becoming a long-term trend. 150 seats is just too much for DFW, but recent reports indicate their Sukhoi SSJ fleet is having all sorts of issues, with some planes cannibalized for parts... which is perhaps why DFW persists with 150-seat A320s rather than the 100-odd seat SSJ. I don't know if they are running much freight, or what their yield is, but I'd be surprised if this route isn't losing a fair bit of money at this point. Of course, that is just me speculating.

http://bit.ly/2rR4vEs

Sooner787

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated October 2017 Loads

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:07 pm

I'll be curious to see what kind of bump EK and QR get once EY pulls out of DFW

gdg9
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

I think QR is better positioned than EK here just due to the one world connection. I'm certainly interested to see how the BA/LH sides do once the Icelanders come in May. But those numbers are six months away!

piedmontf284000

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

gdg9 wrote:
Interjet struggling yet again with half-empty planes, continuing what is becoming a long-term trend. 150 seats is just too much for DFW, but recent reports indicate their Sukhoi SSJ fleet is having all sorts of issues, with some planes cannibalized for parts... which is perhaps why DFW persists with 150-seat A320s rather than the 100-odd seat SSJ. I don't know if they are running much freight, or what their yield is, but I'd be surprised if this route isn't losing a fair bit of money at this point. Of course, that is just me speculating.

AM isn't doing much better. I am very surprised that this market has such trouble filling flights to MEX. I would think the planes would would be bursting at the seams.

Sooner787 wrote:
I'll be curious to see what kind of bump EK and QR get once EY pulls out of DFW

With LF in the 50's, EK better hope quite a big bump otherwise they will be following EY out the door.

ADrum23

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:55 pm

Why is EY being cut when it is doing much better than EK. And what exactly is the issue with EK, why are the loads so bad?

globalcabotage

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Why is EY being cut when it is doing much better than EK. And what exactly is the issue with EK, why are the loads so bad?

EY is pulling out because of AA.

EK am AM had a real bad month.

dfwjim1

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am

gdg9 wrote:
Here are the estimated load factors for the foreign carriers at DFW for October 2017. My apologies for the delay, DFW Airport had some type of issue with their software and it took longer than usual for the report to arrive. Looks like that's fixed and I have November and December numbers now to work on as well.

Now for October... you will notice that Qatar is kept below the rest of the airlines. This is because October was their first month flying the Airbus A350 to DFW, a 283-seat aircraft. However, I'm told that seats were blocked off both ways on DFW-DOH... but I don't know how many seats were blocked to make an accurate estimate. Thus, the file shows loads for a full 283-seat aircraft which I am pretty certain is not correct. If someone knows the story, let me know and I will adjust.

http://bit.ly/2rR4vEs

Thank you for posting this information!

jordanh

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:43 am

piedmontf284000 wrote:
gdg9 wrote:

AM isn't doing much better. I am very surprised that this market has such trouble filling flights to MEX. I would think the planes would would be bursting at the seams.

The reason, in one word (actually two): American Airlines. They dominate the DFW-Mexico market to the extent that any other carrier will struggle.

YouGeeElWhy

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 am

Thanks, gdg9 as always for the wonderful information.

gdg9 wrote:
the Airbus A350 to DFW, a 283-seat aircraft. However, I'm told that seats were blocked off both ways on DFW-DOH

I was not aware that that the A350-900 could not make DFW fully loaded. It's well within the max range. Was this QR being careful or is the A350 not performing like it was intended?

Does QR need to block seats on their 77W flights? It has less range than the A350. Maybe this effected your total seat numbers for EK/QR.

YouGeeElWhy

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 am

gdg9 wrote:
I think QR is better positioned than EK here just due to the one world connection. I'm certainly interested to see how the BA/LH sides do once the Icelanders come in May. But those numbers are six months away!
In March 2018 QR will lose code sharing with AA, so I wonder what impact that will have. EY going away will definitely stabilize EK and QR, so the cod sharing loss for QR is likely moot.

alfa164

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
In March 2018 QR will lose code sharing with AA, so I wonder what impact that will have. EY going away will definitely stabilize EK and QR, so the cod sharing loss for QR is likely moot.

Cod sharing? Not more stories about how fish-in-the-hold make a flight profitable... ;)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos