Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf789
Topic Author

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2018

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 am

ATSB has released report into QantasLink QF2274 regarding obstacle proximity warning going off on approach to ADL

http://avherald.com/h?article=4b48c9c7&opt=0

Flyingsottsman

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

mariner wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
More on QF787, sounds like no new orders on Feb22 :(

“We are just taking delivery of the aircraft this year so we really want to see the case working and business case performing the way we expected to,” Qantas CEO Alan Joyce said. “Once we’re comfortable with that, then we will put the order in for further aircraft to replace the (Boeing) 747s.”

https://www.ausbt.com.au/alan-joyce-qan ... ource=grid

I think this is extraordinary. For years AJ has been pumping up the 787 and said he even took another look at the A350 just in case he was wrong but decided that he wasn't. As recently as October 2016 he referred to it - the 787 - as "a gamer changer":

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-non-sto ... et-to-soar

"Speaking on the sidelines of this week's reveal of the airline's Boeing 787 business class and economy seats, Qantas CEO Alan Joyce said the advanced jet would be a "game-changer" for the Qantas international network."

Now that he actually has the aircraft, he seems to be backing off. I wonder what happened?

mariner

I think the novelty has worn of now and its seen as just another plane. How long was the 788 flying for JQ no fanfare about that, the 787 is just another plane that fly's in . Its no more a game changer then UA's 787s or any other 787 flying with any airline.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:39 am

A QF spokesperson has clarified that QF remains committed to the 787 after the comment made by QF CEO has been taken out of context

The next 4 in line are due for delivery in first half of FY20

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... 7-options/

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pm

QF CEO Alan Joyce latest comments on Boeing's NMA

NMA would be attractive on domestic routes

One potential operator, Qantas, says the NMA would be a very attractive aircraft for Australian domestic routes, says the airline’s CEO, Alan Joyce. Speaking at the Singapore Airshow Aviation Leadership Summit (SAALS), Joyce said he expects average aircraft size to increase, as many of the country’s key airports are becoming slot constrained, and routes such as Sydney-Melbourne are already served with extremely high frequency.

QF wants NMA to maintain 35 min turnarounds

Qantas would want the NMA to enable it to retain its current 35-min. turnarounds, and Joyce expects the aircraft to meet that target if it is, as expected, a twin-aisle that allows for speedy boarding and deplaning of passengers.

QF is more interested in operational efficiency than range though these could be used on markets such as SYD-DPS and SYD-SIN

Qantas is more interested in operational efficiency than in range, but would look at potentially using it on the Sydney-Singapore route, which exceeds eight hours of flight time. Sydney-Bali is also a potential high-density leisure market that could take the aircraft.

On the A321 AJ is concerned that if the aircraft is stretched turnaround times would be compromised

Qantas has 54 Airbus A320neos and 45 A321neos on firm order, none of which have been delivered. Joyce is concerned that turnaround times would be too long if Airbus stretched the A321neo further to offer a bigger competitor to the NMA.

A larger A321neo could make sense by low acquisition costs

However, the business case for a larger A321neo may still make sense for Qantas if longer ground times are offset by lower acquisition costs, Joyce remarked.

http://aviationweek.com/singapore-airsh ... s-nma-plan

smi0006

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

qf789 wrote:
A QF spokesperson has clarified that QF remains committed to the 787 after the comment made by QF CEO has been taken out of context

The next 4 in line are due for delivery in first half of FY20

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... 7-options/

In fairness QF have always said the aircraft needed to prove itself before they ordered more. Placing a follow up order may indicate to the market they haven’t really done the analysis and have moved too quickly. Reality is between MEL-PER-LHR, axing DXB, moving a 380 to SIN ex-MEL,SYD, BNE-LAX 10weekly and the JFK tag, along with MEL-SFO/LAX. Not forgetting DPS return and KIX, and 330s on the Tasman — QF have had a big year and a big shift in their network, with one more route to be announced. Time for a year of consolidation before confirming this strategy is working and placing a follow up order. And if that meant one option expired, sounds like prudent business sense to me. People just ran wild with one comment and expiry.

Qantas16

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Qantas will begin flying between Melbourne and Denpasar (Bali) from June 23, 2018

The daily Qantas Boeing 737 flights will run alongside those of low-cost sibling Jetstar, which will also step up to a twice-daily service on the route –although there's no doubt which jet buxiness travellers and serious flyers would prefer to be in.

Qantas flight QF45 will leave Melbourne at 4.50pm, reaching Denpasar at 9.10pm; the QF46 return leg takes wing just one hour later, at 10.10pm, for an arrival into Melbourne at 5.55am the following day.

Source: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-begins- ... li-flights

Great news for Melbourne and a good way for Qantas to utilise a 737 that will otherwise stay overnight in MEL.

vhebb

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 pm

The last 2yrs most of QFs expansion has been from MEL, BNE and to a lesser extent PER. Not much from SYD.

New routes for MEL and BNE have been:

MEL-NRT-MEL
MEL-CHC-MEL
MEL-DPS-MEL
MEL-SFO-MEL

BNE-CHC-BNE
BNE-NRT-BNE
BNE-POM-BNE

The only 2 remaining routes to be confirmed are the new BNE-USA route, and the future of PER-AKL-PER going year round and maybe increased frequency.

qf2220

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm

vhebb wrote:
The last 2yrs most of QFs expansion has been from MEL, BNE and to a lesser extent PER. Not much from SYD.

Would it be fair to say those ports lost more in the flight cutting exercise of about 5 years ago (esp PER), so may warrant reintroduction sooner?

CraigAnderson

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Interesting observation here about QF's new PER lounge, it will be a dedicated "transit lounge" and only for passengers on QF9/10, must have something to do with layout of T3's international wing and location of the lounge in regard to security? Does anybody over at PER know which T3 gates this "international lounge" will be at?

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-new-per ... ource=hero

redroo

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
Interesting observation here about QF's new PER lounge, it will be a dedicated "transit lounge" and only for passengers on QF9/10, must have something to do with layout of T3's international wing and location of the lounge in regard to security? Does anybody over at PER know which T3 gates this "international lounge" will be at?

It’s hard to explain if you don’t know the layout but I’ll try. You will deplane in the old Ansett terminal and into the long corridor of gates that used to sit in front of Hudson coffee. The lounge is downstairs. NOT in the old virgin lounge but in another space. The whole transit area takes up most of the terminal and will be a dream to use compared to Dubai. We’re talking a few steps and you’re done.

smi0006

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 am

vhebb wrote:

New routes for MEL and BNE have been:

MEL-NRT-MEL
MEL-CHC-MEL
MEL-DPS-MEL
MEL-SFO-MEL

BNE-CHC-BNE
BNE-NRT-BNE
BNE-POM-BNE

The only 2 remaining routes to be confirmed are the new BNE-USA route, and the future of PER-AKL-PER going year round and maybe increased frequency.

I think QF have been growing in SYD too, when did SFO/YVR resume? Not to mention HND, KIX, and DPS.

Great news around DPS ex-MEL, why not use the 738- more creative thinking from QF.

Surprised around the PER lounge being for 789 flights only. Disappointing for SIN and AKL Pax. In saying this maybe not be QF, after years of working with Perth airport they have some of the strangest security rules that are unique compared to other airports due to zoning done by OTS.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:01 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Qantas will begin flying between Melbourne and Denpasar (Bali) from June 23, 2018

The daily Qantas Boeing 737 flights will run alongside those of low-cost sibling Jetstar, which will also step up to a twice-daily service on the route –although there's no doubt which jet buxiness travellers and serious flyers would prefer to be in.

Qantas flight QF45 will leave Melbourne at 4.50pm, reaching Denpasar at 9.10pm; the QF46 return leg takes wing just one hour later, at 10.10pm, for an arrival into Melbourne at 5.55am the following day.

Great news for Melbourne and a good way for Qantas to utilise a 737 that will otherwise stay overnight in MEL.

QF Press Release

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... i-service/

Qantas16

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:17 am

qf789 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:

QF Press Release

I would think/hope that BNE/PER-DPS services are not too far away either. Given the aircraft is likely to be sitting on the ground for most of the time anyway, it would seem to be a good way to use the aircraft (even if only 3-4x weekly from BNE)

sq256

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am

PER-DPS have way too much flights as it is (google search pulls up between 8-10x flights per day across 4 carriers).

The yields on that route is trashed and there isn't that much "Cashed Up Bogans" to ensure that replacing a JQ A320 frequency with a QF 737 PER-DPS viable at this time.

Qantas16

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 am

sq256 wrote:
PER-DPS have way too much flights as it is (google search pulls up between 8-10x flights per day across 4 carriers).

The yields on that route is trashed and there isn't that much "Cashed Up Bogans" to ensure that replacing a JQ A320 frequency with a QF 737 PER-DPS viable at this time.

Who said replacing? QF services on SYD/MEL haven't come at the expense of a JQ service, they have come in addition too. The 8-10 flights a day shows an incredible demand for services and QF would surely be able to capture significant yield by being the best carrier on the route. Not to mention it's using an aircraft that is otherwise sitting around doing nothing.

777Jet

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 am

Sorry if I missed the info, but does anybody know why the C-32 (90003 on the tail) was in SYD recently? Saw it parked on Sunday.

waoz1

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:32 am

sq256 wrote:

Not that I have been and I am from Perth. But the cashed up bogans comment is a bit offensive.
There are all types of people fly from Perth to Bali hence why Garuda fly a daily A330 with business class.

V8CHRGD

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 am

Does any one know why QF2 diverted to Perth last night?

smi0006

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:47 am

waoz1 wrote:
sq256 wrote:

Not that I have been and I am from Perth. But the cashed up bogans comment is a bit offensive.
There are all types of people fly from Perth to Bali hence why Garuda fly a daily A330 with business class.

Agreed, the traffic both way is increasingly higher yielding. A lot of wealthy Indonesians living in Bali wanting to visit Australia, and Australians setting up resorts, spa/yoga/fitness retreats or retiring to Bali.

Those QF flight times work well for a long weekend or short trip to Bali! Fly up Friday night, back Monday before work Tuesday!

jetfuel

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:58 am

V8CHRGD wrote:

Medical

EK413

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:04 am

qf789 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:

QF Press Release

Great news for MEL pax opting to fly mainline vs JQ. QF is certainly pouncing back into expansion mode I’d say MEL-DPS is a direct result of spare B737’s frames transferring from Jetconnect.

V8CHRGD wrote:

Medical diversion.

EK413

CraigAnderson

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 am

I really don’t understand why ‘aviation editors’ write outright airline PR pieces and sales pitches like this! Whatever happened to writing real news instead of promoting sale fares?
https://www.perthnow.com.au/business/av ... b88737315z

CraigAnderson

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 am

redroo wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

It’s hard to explain if you don’t know the layout but I’ll try. You will deplane in the old Ansett terminal and into the long corridor of gates that used to sit in front of Hudson coffee. The lounge is downstairs. NOT in the old virgin lounge but in another space. The whole transit area takes up most of the terminal and will be a dream to use compared to Dubai. We’re talking a few steps and you’re done.

Thanks, that actually sounds really good. I’m surprised Qantas hasn’t released some fancy animated VR ‘fly through’ to really show how good this might be.

kriskim

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:51 am

TT will end 2 routes from BNE:

BNE-PER and BNE-PPP will be suspended from March 1. I'm sure pax will get re-accomodated on VA.

https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/n ... 3dc0378a26

qf002

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:00 am

smi0006 wrote:
I think QF have been growing in SYD too, when did SFO/YVR resume? Not to mention HND, KIX, and DPS.

SFO wasnt really growth given it replaced a LAX flight but they’ve also added SYD-PEK and the second daily HKG in the last 2-3 years. Also steady increases to HNL, MNL, CGK etc.

And we will most likely see A380/744 capacity released due to 789 deployment at MEL/BNE flow back to SYD as well over the next year or two. So SYD certainly isn’t being left behind, the increases just seem less significant because the operation is already much larger.

vhqpa

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 am

kriskim wrote:

BNE-PER and BNE-PPP will be suspended from March 1. I'm sure pax will get re-accomodated on VA.

I'm a bit surprised PPP got the axe and yet VA still maintains 8 weekly flights! What happened to TT releasing VA from leisure routes to persue QF? I don't think they even know what they're doing.

Qantas16

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:28 am

kriskim wrote:

This is quite surprising given both of these routes are relatively new and are both prime candidates for LCC carriers... if they can't make them work then that's a bad sign for TT. BNE-PER has no LCC competition and, from anecdotal evidence, is normally full.

a320fan

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 am

I find the fact that a LCC can’t make a flight between the country’s third and fourth largest city’s work with only premium competition alarming.

As for PPP, perhaps there is a feeling within VA of not letting TT cannibalise their own flights and to a large extent grow alongside the VA operation.

Either way I don’t think TT has been managed to live up to its potential, and still has major brand issues, primarially from its early years until the grounding, which VA has no responsibility for, but just when things started turning around the Bali fiasco happened which reinforced all the negative associations. That brand is toxic in Australia and TT will never reach what it’s capable of of the word tiger remains on the fuselage.

I have my first TT flight coming up in a few days, quite interested to see how they are in actual use compared to JQ

ben175

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 am

I find it crazy JQ nor TT can make BNE-PER work. QF and VA must make a killing on this route because fares are usually very expensive.

waoz1

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 am

Qantas16 wrote:
kriskim wrote:

This is quite surprising given both of these routes are relatively new and are both prime candidates for LCC carriers... if they can't make them work then that's a bad sign for TT. BNE-PER has no LCC competition and, from anecdotal evidence, is normally full.

Not sure the TT brand can keep this up. Cancels all Bali now other routes?
Virgin should just keep its branding ... maybe revive the skywest brand as a low cost offshoot.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:07 am

qf002 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

SFO wasnt really growth given it replaced a LAX flight but they’ve also added SYD-PEK and the second daily HKG in the last 2-3 years. Also steady increases to HNL, MNL, CGK etc.

It depends on how you look at it. Whether it is MEL-LAX or MEL-SFO there have been 6 weekly extra flights from MEL-US since December an increase of around 1400 seats per week. For the previous year QF95/96 was operated seasonal and prior to that 2-3 weekly so there still has been some growth in that market

qf002

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:15 am

qf789 wrote:
It depends on how you look at it. Whether it is MEL-LAX or MEL-SFO there have been 6 weekly extra flights from MEL-US since December an increase of around 1400 seats per week. For the previous year QF95/96 was operated seasonal and prior to that 2-3 weekly so there still has been some growth in that market

Talking about SYD-SFO not MEL-SFO.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 am

qf002 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Talking about SYD-SFO not MEL-SFO.

Sorry misread it

smi0006

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 am

waoz1 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
kriskim wrote:

Virgin should just keep its branding ... maybe revive the skywest brand as a low cost offshoot.

I don’t necessarily think SkyWest would work over east. But I agree a new brand is in order - Tiger stands for nothing, and is anecdotal associated with poor quality. I think new uniforms and livery tweaks were a waste of money - a new bold brand was in order.

I think Aussies would welcome a fun LCC like DJ was, a WN style brand. Some character. I’d describe JQ as professional and functional LCC branding. Even Wizz has got more persona than Tiger.

kriskim

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

smi0006 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:

I don’t necessarily think SkyWest would work over east. But I agree a new brand is in order - Tiger stands for nothing, and is anecdotal associated with poor quality. I think new uniforms and livery tweaks were a waste of money - a new bold brand was in order.

I think Aussies would welcome a fun LCC like DJ was, a WN style brand. Some character. I’d describe JQ as professional and functional LCC branding. Even Wizz has got more persona than Tiger.

Well I think we need something more akin to Fun! I made this concept up, its called KOALAIR !

Koala was modified, all rights reserved and credits to the original creators.

smi0006

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 am

kriskim wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:

Well I think we need something more akin to Fun! I made this concept up, its called KOALAIR !

Koala was modified, all rights reserved and credits to the original creators.

Lol between Qantas and Tiger - do we need any more animals :p his aside, much better. I wonder how much VA/TT play for their respective branding liscences?

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 am

A passenger has been banned from the QF Group after being disruptive on a Jetstar SYD-DPS flight on Monday night. The passenger along with their travelling group were denied entry and returned to Australia today

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 74cada28e2

sq256

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Who said replacing? QF services on SYD/MEL haven't come at the expense of a JQ service, they have come in addition too. The 8-10 flights a day shows an incredible demand for services and QF would surely be able to capture significant yield by being the best carrier on the route. Not to mention it's using an aircraft that is otherwise sitting around doing nothing.

Incredible demand doesn't necessarily mean high yield traffic. Bali is generally a popular low-yielding holiday spot with a "bogan" type reputation. There are also questions whether Perth has the "cashed up" population to support another full service carrier on the route. Sydney and Melbourne has the "cashed up" population/suits (along with FF wanting to burn points) to at least support a daily 737.

EDIT: GA, being the only full-service carrier on the PER-DPS route, only flies 5 weekly during the low season.
Last edited by sq256 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

JL to send 789 to MEL for 3 weeks during July, similarly to what they did over Dec/Jan

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/

Flyingsottsman

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 am

qf789 wrote:
A passenger has been banned from the QF Group after being disruptive on a Jetstar SYD-DPS flight on Monday night. The passenger along with their travelling group were denied entry and returned to Australia today

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 74cada28e2

And so they should have, what a looser cant hold his alcohol gets aggressive when drunk, disrupts a flight, a real good ambassador for Australia, "not". :shakehead:

IndianicWorld

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

The TT cuts do appear to be strange at first glance, but at the end of the day just because they cut 2 routes it doesn’t mean the end of the world for them.

Given that PER-BNE hasn’t worked for either TT or JQ, it does seem a broader issue on that route for LCC’s. It is not as strong of a market as PER-MEL or PER-SYD, with those routes likely able to achieve yields they are happy with to fill the aircraft.

Both JQ and TT have made plenty of network changes over time, as they try and be flexible to find the best possible opportunities. No point persevering with markets if they aren’t working as planned.

Flyingsottsman

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

Friend of mine at work heading of to Bali tomorrow was meant to fly out 9.35 tomorrow morning on JQ, she got a sms to say the aircraft has gone tech and they wont be leaving until 2.45 tomorrow afternoon I think she said MEL to DPS what happens when an aircraft goes tech?

IndianicWorld

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:54 am

qf789 wrote:
JL to send 789 to MEL for 3 weeks during July, similarly to what they did over Dec/Jan

Great to see JL seemingly performing well on the route. Hopefully their 789 becomes a more regular visitor too in the future.

Must say I had my doubts about how JL and QF would go on the route, but the traffic numbers certainly have been impressive.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Great to see JL seemingly performing well on the route. Hopefully their 789 becomes a more regular visitor too in the future.

Must say I had my doubts about how JL and QF would go on the route, but the traffic numbers certainly have been impressive.

Yes its good to see considering that the route has been going not that long, however saying that their configuration of the 787's would not be too difficult to fill, I assume they send the 3 class 788 which is 28J35W88Y (151 seats),2 class is 42J144Y (186 seats), their 789's are both configured with 35W116Y, there is a difference in J by 8 seats (44 to 52) which at most is a total of 203 seats

waoz1

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 am

sq256 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:

Incredible demand doesn't necessarily mean high yield traffic. Bali is generally a popular low-yielding holiday spot with a "bogan" type reputation. There are also questions whether Perth has the "cashed up" population to support another full service carrier on the route. Sydney and Melbourne has the "cashed up" population/suits (along with FF wanting to burn points) to at least support a daily 737.

EDIT: GA, being the only full-service carrier on the PER-DPS route, only flies 5 weekly during the low season.

Not sure where you get off calling Perth people bogans and if we are cashed up.
Didnt anyone teach you if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

waoz1

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:15 am

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Yes its good to see considering that the route has been going not that long, however saying that their configuration of the 787's would not be too difficult to fill, I assume they send the 3 class 788 which is 28J35W88Y (151 seats),2 class is 42J144Y (186 seats), their 789's are both configured with 35W116Y, there is a difference in J by 8 seats (44 to 52) which at most is a total of 203 seats

Wonder if we will ever see one of these japanese carriers in the west :/
Glad melbournes doing well on the new service

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Lets hope so, I think their 788's configured the way they are would fit in well to PER

kriskim

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
qf789 wrote:

JL has a very premium heavy configuration on its aircraft, yes it might be easy to fill as there are little seats, but the carrier must insure that there are high yields in order to sustain the operations. JL has also said that MEL uplifts quite a number of cargo too.

Hopefully JL sends the larger 789 year round to further support and encourage growing demand.

JBusworth

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 am

Flyingsottsman wrote:
Friend of mine at work heading of to Bali tomorrow was meant to fly out 9.35 tomorrow morning on JQ, she got a sms to say the aircraft has gone tech and they wont be leaving until 2.45 tomorrow afternoon I think she said MEL to DPS what happens when an aircraft goes tech?

When your plane goes tech, you typically either wait for it to be fixed or another aircraft to become available. It is an unfortunate reality in the Aviation industry.

IndianicWorld

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am

waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

It’s only a matter of time really until JL or NH launch PER-NRT. It’s a market that has been served previously and seems to have a good business, leisure and connectivity opportunities to tap into.

As for JL’s configuration, as has since been pointed out a lower-density, higher premium layout creates its own challenges. The aircraft still have the same operational costs, but each seat needs to gain higher yields to make it work.

According to industry talk, JL has apparently done very well with the growing Japanese business demand from MEL. The freight uplift has exceeded all expectations also.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos