NZ must be due to announce their half year results in a couple weeks. I wonder if there will be any other announcements at the same time. Other than the talked about ORD possibly later in March.
Interesting as I have been thinking about this one too.
When you go round the airline
Routes / Markets
1. South America = preforming well, still a too immature of a market to add new destinations, will need to be developed and daily before they open a second route. They will have learnt from China (SHA & BJS) on this.
2. South Asia = Singapore going 3X daily this year with SQ alliance which is performing well, HKG alliance going well with CX (Could see 3x daily). DPS, SGN all doing well and continuing with longer seasons again.
3. North Asia = This is where you may see something - Japan, moving into Haneda, dropping NRT long term. Increase in other Japan routes, seasonal scheduled services from new destination (Inbound tourism). China, alliance doing well. PVG is okay. Maybe new route but unlikely now.
4. North America = IAH ahead of plan (was a 5 year mark against business plan at the end of year 1). Maybe ORD but will likely come after or at the same time as an airplane order.
5. Short Haul - nothing new.
1. Long Haul - nothing 772/77W referb underway / done. 787 all new and shiny still.
2. Short Haul A320/A321NEO coming, Domestic A320 all newish
3. ATR600 new and 500 on the departure
4. Q300. Depends what they doing. See fleet below.
1. 772 / 77W replacement, could be a talking point. NZ in the market and what they want from airbus / Boeing followed by when to expect an order.
2. A320/A321NEO - delivery update.
3. ATR600 - nothing
4. Q300 - how long are they planing to keep them, the fleet is starting to age but do they need replacing yet? If not is a referb due if so when?
There will be the usual global economic outlook stuff, competition, tourism, fuel, QF/EK changes. ULH routes.
I'm expecting a good result financially but an otherwise boring update, there in the boring yet exciting part of the cycle were things are coming but aren't ready for public consumption i.e new routes and new planes.