Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wnflyguy

Re: Southwest Airlines Network Thread 2018

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:25 am

Only heard one thing about the
A Southwest talk story, Serving Hawaii with Heart! Southwest Airlines Travel convention.
I'm gonna guess it's just a build up of more fluffiness for WHEN it ever starts.
Any type of announcement would have been made already.

From Hawaii I've heard WN is less than a month away from actual real life proving Runs.
If I had to guess service will probably start in November if they are actually that close to real time test flights.
Historically WN usually gives it's self 3 month of advance window for ticket sales in new service.

And the wait continues tic toc tic toc!

Flyguy

barney captain

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:58 am

https://beatofhawaii.com/southwest-hawa ... ne-update/

Updated 5pm HST August 7, 2018. A Southwest Hawaii meeting was hosted today by the airline in Honolulu. We were at this private event which was both interesting and disappointing. To cut to the chase, there was no announcement of Hawaii flights today, as we had hoped would be the case and had been rumored. We did, however, obtain a great deal more information on what is ahead including when flights will start and in flight services.

I spoke privately with Andy Watterson, Executive Vice President; Chief Revenue Officer. He was a pleasure to speak with and was forthcoming about Southwest Hawaii plans (as was the entire team). Andy indicated that flights will be announced imminently (by October), with flights to begin possibly just weeks thereafter. There were 18 Southwest Airline team members present including four executive officers.

There was even the mention of food -

Food on Southwest Hawaii flights? Yes, you heard it here first, and that is what we were told. The carrier plans to offer food on flights to Hawaii. We’ll be learning more about that soon, we’re sure.

MIflyer12

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:29 pm

jplatts wrote:
Will WN ever start service out of MIA? The MIA/FLL situation is different from the MDW/ORD, DAL/DFW, HOU/IAH, and LGA/JFK situations since WN serves the closer-in commercial airports in Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Houston (HOU), and New York City (LGA) whereas WN only serves the airports that are further out from Downtown Miami in the Greater Miami market. MIA is also one of the few remaining major leisure destinations in the U.S. that isn't currently served by WN.

If WN does start service out of MIA, I could see WN serving ATL, BWI, MDW, HOU, and BNA nonstop from MIA. WN could also possibly add nonstop service to additional destinations such as CMH, DAL, DEN, IND, MCI, MKE, MSY, MCO, PIT, PVD, STL, and TPA out of MIA if WN starts service out of MIA.

Rule #1 of hub airline economics: Don't compete with your own hub.

If you want FLL as a Southwest hub to Caribbean/Mexico/Central America don't expect much (if any) MIA service. MIA would sap demand on xxx-FLL routes. Hubs are about economies of scale, including cost, frequency, and breadth of destinations. JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit all show you can do just fine in SoFla without flying to Miami.

BWIAirport

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but will Southwest have a fleet of designated inter-island planes, such as a few 73Gs based permanently in Hawaii? Or will their inter-island flights be conducted with the same planes flying to the mainland? Itineraries like OAK-OGG-LIH-SMF or the like.

jplatts

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Rule #1 of hub airline economics: Don't compete with your own hub.

If you want FLL as a Southwest hub to Caribbean/Mexico/Central America don't expect much (if any) MIA service. MIA would sap demand on xxx-FLL routes. Hubs are about economies of scale, including cost, frequency, and breadth of destinations. JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit all show you can do just fine in SoFla without flying to Miami.

WN actually has focus cities at both OAK and SJC in the San Francisco Bay Area, and both SJC and OAK will each have more than 100 daily departures on WN in 2019.

In the Baltimore/Washington region, WN also serves ATL, AUS, MDW, CMH, DAL, FLL, HOU, MCI, MKE, BNA, MSY, MCO, PVD, STL, and TPA nonstop from DCA in addition to BWI. WN also serves ATL nonstop from IAD in addition to BWI and DCA.

Even though WN has a focus city at LAX, WN also serves BUR, SNA, ONT, and LGB in the Greater Los Angeles area.

While I agree with your point regarding rule #1 of airline economics, there are a few U.S. metro areas where WN serves more than 1 commercial airport. Both AA and DL also have hubs at both LGA and JFK in NYC.

AirFiero

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but will Southwest have a fleet of designated inter-island planes, such as a few 73Gs based permanently in Hawaii? Or will their inter-island flights be conducted with the same planes flying to the mainland? Itineraries like OAK-OGG-LIH-SMF or the like.

The article links above said there wouldn’t be any planes based in Hawaii

wnflyguy

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:33 pm

AirFiero wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:

The article links above said there wouldn’t be any planes based in Hawaii

And for all the speculation about if WN would buy Hawaiian? The point bank answer is NO!

Flyguy

jplatts

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Will WN operate redeyes to the West Coast from Hawaii in the near future? The earliest WN flight of the day is currently WN 63 between RDU and BWI, which departs from RDU at 5:35 AM Eastern Time (which would be at 11:35 PM Hawaii Time on the previous day when DST is observed in Alaska and most of the contiguous U.S.).

A nonstop redeye flight from HNL to a California destination that departs from HNL at 11:35 PM Hawaii Time would arrive between 7:40 AM and 8:10 AM Pacific Time the next day when DST is in effect (or between 6:40 AM and 7:10 AM Pacific Time when DST isn't observed).

Can WN's system accommodate redeye flights that depart from Hawaii after 11:35 PM Hawaii Time? WN currently does have a few flights that depart from East Coast destinations between 11:35 PM and 12:00 AM Hawaii Time (which would be between 5:35 AM and 6:00 AM Eastern Time).

Are there noise curfews at HNL that prevent WN from operating redeye flights from HNL to California that depart from HNL after 11:35 PM Hawaii Time?

Wingtips56

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:48 pm

In looking at FlightAware, there are departures through the night and wee hours from HNL, including some 732 (I assume freighters), which would not be quiet.

ibthebigd

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:53 pm

I am curious about this talk of food on Southwest for Hawaii.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WNCrew

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:04 am

ibthebigd wrote:

Yeeeahhhhh, we don't have ANY space onboard for food, nor the ability to prep OR to serve said food. No chillers, ovens, carts... not enough trash space since we don't have conventional catering etc. As it is now we load all snacks into the overhead bins in cardboard boxes and when we serve meals on charters they're in bags-in boxes-in the overhead bins. Sometimes we take three bins away from Customers because our Galleys don't have room.

ADrum23

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

WNCrew wrote:
ibthebigd wrote:

Yeeeahhhhh, we don't have ANY space onboard for food, nor the ability to prep OR to serve said food. No chillers, ovens, carts... not enough trash space since we don't have conventional catering etc. As it is now we load all snacks into the overhead bins in cardboard boxes and when we serve meals on charters they're in bags-in boxes-in the overhead bins. Sometimes we take three bins away from Customers because our Galleys don't have room.

Could some of the yet-to-be delivered MAX's that will be used on Hawaiian routes be configured with food prep equipment?

tomaheath

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 am

I thought that I heard that the new deliveries were wired for ovens?

WNCrew

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:11 am

ADrum23 wrote:
WNCrew wrote:
ibthebigd wrote:

Could some of the yet-to-be delivered MAX's that will be used on Hawaiian routes be configured with food prep equipment?

It would require not only a complete redesign of ALL onboard galleys (ovens would take over the space of the countertops which we use for tray service), we'd need to install carts which isn't an easy change, and we would have to completely change our catering. Southwest "Provisioning" can't handle meals. They don't even remove old carts from the aircraft, which is why we have no trash space.

WNCrew

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:14 am

tomaheath wrote:

Yes, but that's just wiring... those who designed it didn't understand all that goes into meal service and storage and prep and garbage management.

It's challenging to articulate just how different WN Galleys and galley layout, and catering procedures are from Industry Standard, and so it's even more complicated to explain why simply adding an oven or two.. isn't so simple. Even our own people don't get it... which is why we are in the situation we are with onboard galley design.

barney captain

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 am

Let's not confuse "food" with "meals". I suspect this will be nothing more than a BOB product offering, and not meal service for each and every pax. Kelly recently hinted of new revenue streams, I could imagine this is it. Pre-packaged sandwiches and bistro snacks require zero prep. Storage? That's another problem to be worked out.

Jshank83

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 am

barney captain wrote:
Let's not confuse "food" with "meals". I suspect this will be nothing more than a BOB product offering, and not meal service for each and every pax. Kelly recently hinted of new revenue streams, I could imagine this is it. Pre-packaged sandwiches and bistro snacks require zero prep. Storage? That's another problem to be worked out.

This was more along the lines as what I was thinking also. Prepackaged stuff for sale like you would get on some other airlines. No prep/oven needed. Also would add some revenue, as mentioned.

I also was having a conversation with someone about it wouldn't be ideal to have a one stop no plane change from midwest-west coast-Hawaii. You would have to get off the plane just to get food. I would rather have a normal layover for 60-90 minutes. If they start serving food, then that changes things.

QANTAS747-438

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:44 am

barney captain wrote:

I don't think it'll be BOB because there's nowhere to store that stuff on board. I can see WN bringing back the snack boxes like they used to have and calling that "food".

jplatts

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:49 pm

There was an article titled "Southwest Airlines executive offers in-depth update on Hawaii plans" that was published on KHON-TV's website, and that article can be found at https://www.khon2.com/news/local-news/southwest-airlines-executive-offers-in-depth-update-on-hawaii-plans/1358192632.

KMCOFlyer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:34 pm

According to the article, it looks like that WN will have there own gate area at HNL, and will be using handstand boarding at the end of the Diamond Head Concourse (Gates G7-G10). I never even know the Diamond Head Concourse had a lower level Ground Level facility until now.

QANTAS747-438

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
According to the article, it looks like that WN will have there own gate area at HNL, and will be using handstand boarding at the end of the Diamond Head Concourse (Gates G7-G10). I never even know the Diamond Head Concourse had a lower level Ground Level facility until now.

You mean like BUR?

KMCOFlyer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 pm

QANTAS747-438 wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

You mean like BUR?

I would assume so. The HNL website map list Gates G7-10 at the end of the DH Concourse, but there are no jetways to connect to the gates and just ramp parking.

danipawa

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm

I hope SW can serve other destinations in Dominican Rep, maybe SDQ and STI

BMWdrvr75

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 am

WNCrew wrote:
tomaheath wrote:

Yes, but that's just wiring... those who designed it didn't understand all that goes into meal service and storage and prep and garbage management.

It's challenging to articulate just how different WN Galleys and galley layout, and catering procedures are from Industry Standard, and so it's even more complicated to explain why simply adding an oven or two.. isn't so simple. Even our own people don't get it... which is why we are in the situation we are with onboard galley design.

Let me try to articulate how awful Southwest Airlines galleys are....they were designed by a handful of Flight Attendants, Provisioning agents/supervisors, and management that does not fly and do not understand the ridiculousness of these galleys. In fact, the original galley design on the -200s which were a bit similar to the -300s were perfect back in the 70s and early 80s for short haul service and limited product offerings. As Southwest Airlines has evolved, more service offerings have become available the galleys have not not evolved at all. When the -700s came online Southwest management touted that they were fully reconfigured by flight attendants for flight attendants... absolutely incorrect the change was aesthetics of the drawers and cupboards there was very little change from the -300 series. When the -800s came The savants in the in-flight department had the great idea of using half carts the original idea was; the flight attendants were to go out in the aisle and take drink orders on our famous drink order pads. Then the flight attendants eould use a half cart as a the famous Southwest Airlines tray. During the initial -800 training management figured out that didn’t work so they would just put the four flight attendants in the aisle with the half carts. Obviously didn’t work either as most flight attendants said.... So the vice President of in-flight at the time (who was never a flight attendant) announced the senior flight attendants did not like the cart so they were bringing back the legendary Southwest Airlines tray service on all aircraft. Now 2018 and Southwest Airlines is the only airline using the tray and the max 8 comes out GK announced to the company that the in-flight Department designed a cutting edge galley...This galley has no carts but drawers so the flight attendants could use their trays, To be very creative Southwest in flight department added the G7 galley which is at the forward entry door with a coffee pot warmer (coffee cannot be brewed) The galleys are so inefficient, unfriendly, disorganized, and awful to work in. So much waste takes place because supplies are just thrown into the cupboards and not rotated out . The bottom line is full carts should have been loaded, used inflight, takenoff the aircraft, replaced and ready for another trip.

Insertnamehere

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 am

BMWdrvr75 wrote:
WNCrew wrote:
tomaheath wrote:

Let me try to articulate how awful Southwest Airlines galleys are....they were designed by a handful of Flight Attendants, Provisioning agents/supervisors, and management that does not fly and do not understand the ridiculousness of these galleys. In fact, the original galley design on the -200s which were a bit similar to the -300s were perfect back in the 70s and early 80s for short haul service and limited product offerings. As Southwest Airlines has evolved, more service offerings have become available the galleys have not not evolved at all. When the -700s came online Southwest management touted that they were fully reconfigured by flight attendants for flight attendants... absolutely incorrect the change was aesthetics of the drawers and cupboards there was very little change from the -300 series. When the -800s came The savants in the in-flight department had the great idea of using half carts the original idea was; the flight attendants were to go out in the aisle and take drink orders on our famous drink order pads. Then the flight attendants eould use a half cart as a the famous Southwest Airlines tray. During the initial -800 training management figured out that didn’t work so they would just put the four flight attendants in the aisle with the half carts. Obviously didn’t work either as most flight attendants said.... So the vice President of in-flight at the time (who was never a flight attendant) announced the senior flight attendants did not like the cart so they were bringing back the legendary Southwest Airlines tray service on all aircraft. Now 2018 and Southwest Airlines is the only airline using the tray and the max 8 comes out GK announced to the company that the in-flight Department designed a cutting edge galley...This galley has no carts but drawers so the flight attendants could use their trays, To be very creative Southwest in flight department added the G7 galley which is at the forward entry door with a coffee pot warmer (coffee cannot be brewed) The galleys are so inefficient, unfriendly, disorganized, and awful to work in. So much waste takes place because supplies are just thrown into the cupboards and not rotated out . The bottom line is full carts should have been loaded, used inflight, takenoff the aircraft, replaced and ready for another trip.

(Sorry for my ignorance I haven’t taken a southwest flight in 4 years and that was my first flight with them) Would it be much work for them to integrate a new Galley into a few incoming MAX’s for Hawaii ops. I’m sure it would require some IT changes to ensure those aircraft don’t get moved off the Hawaii flights. But it would make sense as they would need to be competitive with some sort of food offering as most of the legacies who have the connection advantages serve a similar offering for their inflight product and with no premium cabin and most people don’t care they’re on a 737MAX over a regular 737 or A321.

wnflyguy

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Hawaii,
Reading all the news from the Southwest Event in Hawaii sounds like once proving Runs get the final Ok from the FAA. WN will quickly start service to HNL and OGG in Mid or Late October 2018.
And will have its own staffing in place the first week of October should the approval come quicker.
KOA sounds like a November start and LIH in December. Both will start with just Above the wing WN staff and below is all 3ed party labor.
I'm guessing both will be inter island service first. Then add an a West coast nonstop sometime in the spring or summer of 2019.
One speculation is on any given day WN could have 5 or 10 aircraft running a limited inter island service schedule.
HNL will have 4 dedicated Hardstand Duel loading gates same as BUR and LGB operation is run.
Also sounds like ONT and possibly LGB may become additional Southern California gateway cities.
If your gunning for a last minute flight to Hawaii that's dirt cheap in October you may soon be in for a real cheap fare.
Food onboard flights from Hawaii to the mainland.
Reading between the lines it not HOT food but rather a possible Buy on board or revamped Snack boxes like they introduced in the 90's with the coast to coast flights.
No don't recall reading that it was still a non Red eye service operation being planned. I'm going to guess they ironed out the bugs in that situation.

Gates
HNL 4 handstands air stair gates.
OGG 2 jetways
LIH 1 jetway
KOA 1 hard stand/ airstairs

Now it's time to start guess on frequency and flight times.

jplatts

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:45 pm

There is an article titled "Southwest Airlines Hawaii Flights Will Have to Wait Until 2019" on Yahoo Finance that stated that WN flights to Hawaii will have to wait until 2019, and that article can be found at https://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-hawaii-flights-wait-161000210.html.

jplatts

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm

There is an article titled "Southwest Airlines Hawaii Flights Will Have to Wait Until 2019" on Yahoo Finance that stated that WN flights to Hawaii will have to wait until 2019, and that article can be found at https://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-hawaii-flights-wait-161000210.html.

jplatts

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Here are my predictions for WN expansion at HOU within the next 2 years:
  • HOU-CVG, HOU-CLE, HOU-DTW, HOU-MSP, and HOU-PUJ nonstop service added
  • HOU-LIT nonstop service brought back
  • HOU-LBB, HOU-PDX, HOU-SMF, and HOU-SEA nonstop service extended to daily year-round nonstop service
  • Addition of nonstop service to new international destinations out of HOU

Will WN be announcing any new nonstop routes out of HOU or the return of HOU-LIT nonstop service in its August 30th schedule extension?

Cubsrule

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Gates
HNL 4 handstands air stair gates.
OGG 2 jetways
LIH 1 jetway
KOA 1 hard stand/ airstairs

Does OGG have that kind of gate space? Things are tight, and the fact that USDA screening is somewhat fixed and thus gates are somewhat dedicated for mainland flying versus interisland just makes the situation worse. Waits of close to an hour for a gate, while perhaps not a daily occurrence, are not uncommon.

barney captain

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Some updated information on the ETOPS timeline was compiled by Beat of Hawaii - things might start happening very quickly

Updated 1pm HST August 14, 2018. We have more information and further clarification on what to expect on upcoming Southwest Hawaii flights.✈

September to October 2018
ETOPS test (proving) flights across Pacific
✈ ETOPS final certification
✈ Staffing in place at Hawaii’s launch airports

October to November 2018

✈ Flight announcement/ticket sales start
✈ Commencement of flights to Honolulu/Maui

November 2018 to January 2019

✈ Flight extensions start to Kona and Lihue

Mid-2019

✈ Direct flights commence to Kona and Lihue
✈ Additional Hawaii interisland flights.

QANTAS747-438

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 pm

So if true, nothing at HNL will be done on the terminal level alongside the other airlines or will there be stairs going down to the tarmac for boarding?

barney captain

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:43 pm

QANTAS747-438 wrote:
So if true, nothing at HNL will be done on the terminal level alongside the other airlines or will there be stairs going down to the tarmac for boarding?

This appears to be the terminal in question -

http://www.hawaiiairportsmodernization.com/44

Midwestindy

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm

barney captain wrote:
Some updated information on the ETOPS timeline was compiled by Beat of Hawaii - things might start happening very quickly

Updated 1pm HST August 14, 2018. We have more information and further clarification on what to expect on upcoming Southwest Hawaii flights.✈

October to November 2018

Mid-2019

That is very short lead in time for ticket sales....

WN732

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

October to November 2018

Mid-2019

A spokesman from WN did say last week that they would be willing to forgo long lead time for this service if necessary.

Midwestindy

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 pm

WN732 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

A spokesman from WN did say last week that they would be willing to forgo long lead time for this service if necessary.

Why the rush though? I assume they will be burning through some money operating 1/2 full flights

Jshank83

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Super random WN question. Does anyone know what I need to download to watch movies on my computer. I rented a movie last time and it wouldn't play because I didn't have something downloaded. I want to download it ahead of time so I don't have to buy wifi but I can't figure out what it is on their website. I have a mac. Thanks

tphuang

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

October to November 2018

Mid-2019

That's my thought too, especially for an airline that relies on advertising to sell tickets. From a passenger point of view, I don't really care, since WN entrance can only mean lower prices. So if they can start by November, that would be great.

barney captain

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:37 pm

From the article -

I spoke privately with Andy Watterson, Executive Vice President; Chief Revenue Officer. He was a pleasure to speak with and was forthcoming about Southwest Hawaii plans (as was the entire team). Andy indicated that flights will be announced imminently (by October), with flights to begin possibly just weeks thereafter. There were 18 Southwest Airline team members present including four executive officers.

Why haven’t they announced flights yet? Andy told us the company would rather risk revenue loss caused by short lead time rather than announce the flights before the FAA gives its final go ahead.

WN will have no trouble filling those flights in very short order. Lighter loads in the beginning will help with growing pains.

swafa

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Super random WN question. Does anyone know what I need to download to watch movies on my computer. I rented a movie last time and it wouldn't play because I didn't have something downloaded. I want to download it ahead of time so I don't have to buy wifi but I can't figure out what it is on their website. I have a mac. Thanks

“Airtime player” app

dbo861

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm

barney captain wrote:
From the article -

Why haven’t they announced flights yet? Andy told us the company would rather risk revenue loss caused by short lead time rather than announce the flights before the FAA gives its final go ahead.

WN will have no trouble filling those flights in very short order. Lighter loads in the beginning will help with growing pains.

Cheap, last minute trip to Hawaii. Sign me up!

FA9295

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Any updates on the schedule extension? I previously saw on this thread that it was supposed to be today...

wnflyguy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Any updates on the schedule extension? I previously saw on this thread that it was supposed to be today...

Pushed until August 30.
Rumors have WN doing 4 Real live ETOPS Proving Run the last week of August. If true and successful this will probably be the reason they pushed the schedule release to include Hawaii sales.

Flyguy

Jshank83

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:52 pm

swafa wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

“Airtime player” app

You can't download that on a mac. Only iPhone and iPad. I am guessing I need some sort of plug in.

airliner371

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Southwest to open a Hawaii crew base at some point?

"Look for some degree of Hawaii interisland nearly right away, with more extensive service to start before the end of 2019, including a new Hawaii based crew."

KMCOFlyer

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:42 am

barney captain wrote:
QANTAS747-438 wrote:

This appears to be the terminal in question -

http://www.hawaiiairportsmodernization.com/44

This is not were WN will be based at HNL. This is the new commuter terminal that will be build God knows when. WN will be using Gates G7-G10 at the end of the Diamond Head Concourse. If you look at a Map of HNL, you will see these are handstands located next to the end of the DH concourse.

barney captain

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 am

Are you certain? Those don't look like hardstands -

wnflyguy

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 am

airliner371 wrote:
Southwest to open a Hawaii crew base at some point?

"Look for some degree of Hawaii interisland nearly right away, with more extensive service to start before the end of 2019, including a new Hawaii based crew."

WN flight attendants currently in the process of testing satellite mini bases in FLL and AUS. But that gives only limited coverage and less Hotel cost. The satellite base doesn't include a on call standby work force to cover sick calls. But the work group is up of a new contract already so sometime way after 2019/20 would be realistic. HNL Hotel cost will quickly jump into the top 5 for Hotel cost. If inter island service is successful I see a base happening.

Flyguy

KMCOFlyer

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm

barney captain wrote:
Are you certain? Those don't look like hardstands -

That is an old map.

Imagel

wnflyguy

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:58 pm

LGB extra temporary slots extended until 12/31/2018. 2 xtra SMF round trips and 3 LAS flights.
LGB-DEN goes daily from 12/20-12/29.
LGB-OAK temporary drops to 3 daily 12/20-12/29.

Rumors JetBlue will finally officially release the slots back to the airport in September.

Flyguy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos