rutankrd

Re: MAN news - 2018

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:59 pm

You can not buy a combined ticket because it’s not allowed under the fifth freedom and bilateral treaties.

United can only offer selected Singapore connections beyond Singapore and Singapore select connections from Singapore over Houston -think it’s about six destinations and one is Orlando !

Neither can offer connections on the others services from Manchester nor can Lufthansa or United offer combined ticketing and onward connections on the Frankfurt - JFK flights

This flight is covered by UK-Singapore Openskys, Singapore -US Openskys and fifth freedom UK -US (not part of the EU-US Openskys treaties)
There are virtually no treaty’s anywhere cepting the unique EU arrangement that allow codeshares and connections over fifth freedom sectors where both parties are foreign.

If you want to pair SQ and UA from Manchester it’s going to be on two dockets .

FlyingColours

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 am

I see, thanks for the info chaps, it would seem I completely forgotten about the various treaties when asking the question ;)

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 am

Indeed, I doff my cap to rutankrd's knowledge!

Claret

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm

So lots of new flights, yet MAN now decide to charge for passenger drop-off. To be fair, might reduce the chaos outside T2.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... 437290.amp

Fiend

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 am

Claret wrote:
So lots of new flights, yet MAN now decide to charge for passenger drop-off. To be fair, might reduce the chaos outside T2.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... 437290.amp

Drop-off and Pick-up has been chaos for years so it's about time something was done about it.

For years I've used Jetparks, cheap and convenient, but their prices have rocketed over the last year.... The price increase hasn't stopped me using them... and will carry on doing so.....
BAC 1-11, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B777, B787, L1011, Fokker 100, ATR 72, MD83

David_itl

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:27 pm

And the following day, they have the "antidote" to the problem

Six figure sum to be invested in public transport with the big reveal in June.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-invest-six-figure-14440012

jonnywishbone

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 pm

For me, whilst I appreciate those who are saying that this will improve the chaos, all it says to me is that Manchester is a parochial regional airport like Leeds or Liverpool, not the International Gateway we should rightly be proud of....

What needs to happen is a decent world class drop off facility, trollies that valued inbound traffic don't have to pay for, etc etc

Little things that really p*** off those of us that want a seamless airport experience.

I suppose I should at least be thankful that there aren't plastic bag vending machines anymore!!!!

Fiend

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:43 am

jonnywishbone wrote:
For me, whilst I appreciate those who are saying that this will improve the chaos, all it says to me is that Manchester is a parochial regional airport like Leeds or Liverpool, not the International Gateway we should rightly be proud of....

What needs to happen is a decent world class drop off facility, trollies that valued inbound traffic don't have to pay for, etc etc

Little things that really p*** off those of us that want a seamless airport experience.

I suppose I should at least be thankful that there aren't plastic bag vending machines anymore!!!!

There used to be decent drop off/pick up facilities, but they disappeared due to increased security measures and lead to the chaos we have today... I used to do Airport transfers (Car, mini-bus and Coach) before all the security changes..... I'm glad I don't do that anymore

Incoming passengers spend very little at the airport, so they obviously see it as a way of making money off them...

I'm actually toying with the idea of using alternative airports for my 2 trips a year trips to Thailand. From where I live NCL, GLA and EDI are all reachable in the time it takes me to get to MAN and offer connections to BKK.... The only plus for me with MAN is the wider choice of flight times....
BAC 1-11, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B777, B787, L1011, Fokker 100, ATR 72, MD83

David_itl

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 am

FlyingColours

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 am

If the Jocks can get their APD issue sorted then it might start to look more viable getting the train northbound and get a flight from GLA or EDI, especially when you consider that in the next rail timetable change (May) Transpennine Express are no longer stopping at Wigan on the Scotland - Manchester Airport route and yes I know this was a long term diversion due to the Bolton line being closed but it offered a faster and more convenient service as the normal Wigan to Mcr Airport service is usually a 2 car unit which stops at every station and takes an hour at best (if routed via Bolton) or 90 minutes if going via Atherton.

Manchester Airport has become a disgrace over the years, most certainly the biggest reason has been the ever increasing security rules and how the airport has had to cope with that but stuff like the new charges for picking up and dropping off are not going to solve the congestion problem, in fact if the airport actually developed a proper pickup & drop off area then there wouldn't be such a problem but this is a clear attempt to force people to either pay for short stay parking or use an airport approved taxi service.

Heck, the last half dozen times I've had a better experience at Heathrow than Manchester :o

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:48 am

FlyingColours wrote:
Manchester Airport has become a disgrace over the years ... if the airport actually developed a proper pickup & drop off area then there wouldn't be such a problem but this is a clear attempt to force people to either pay for short stay parking or use an airport approved taxi service.

Agreed - the airport should have started the TP sooner than it did, and in any event should have improved the pick up and drop off areas. It didn't, and the new pick up/drop off charges (with no viable alternative) are a clear attempt to recover some of the ongoing investment in the TP.

Having said that, the surrounding road infrastructure is not the airport's fault. The Highways Agency probably should have delivered the improvements to the A556 sooner and the Manchester Airport Eastern Link road should have also been delivered by now. The latter, is clearly a major contributor to the present problems.

New MSCPs are long overdue, and I have no problem with the airport turning a profit on them. However, I don't buy the airport's proposed solution of connecting these to the terminal buildings using busses, which do not work on congested roads. They have unreliable journey times and generally lack the space to cart people round with their bags.

The airport should significantly increase the MSCPs on and around the present northern campus (i.e. Away from the terminal area). These should be linked to the terminal via a tram/monorail type solution which can eventually be used to connect the terminals and car parks with the proposed HS2/NPR station on the other side of the M57 (where there will be yet further MSCPs).

Obviously we hope the use of public transport increases, but in the short to medium term this is the only viable solution.

User001

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

The issue I have with the charge is that is seems to be MAG’s go-to response, rather than deal with the issues.

What I mean by that is:

Long queues at security? Buy fast track to bypass the queue, rather than provide a level of service that reduces the queues in the first place

Long queues at border control? Ditto for security. Rather than provide a decent basic service which prevents queuing where possible, they make you pay to avoid the queue. It’s almost like they have given up, rather than find ways to reduce queues, they just acknowledge they are providing a sh*t service and make you pay to avoid said sh*t service.

Now the same with the drop off charge. Rather than work with the local authorities to sort the issue out for all, they just make you pay to receive the basic service that should be offered anyway, and let’s face it, most people will pay to continue dropping off outside the terminal anyway, which won’t sort the congestion out at all (sure, people will moan and rightly so, but they will still pay)

What made me laugh is, on the planetalk app for Airport employees, they stated ‘we used the industry benchmarks to determine prices, and other U.K. airports such as Stansted and East Midlands airports already have such charges’. Stansted and East Midlands. The other 2 MAG airports?! That’s your benchmark?! Seriously!?

I used to be a big fan of MAN. It was the airport we used to go on holiday growing up. It was the Airport that spurred my hobby on my youth and I’ve always been proud of its route structure for what is a regional airport, but each time I hear about more value engineering of T2, more charges to use basic facilities and ongoing issues in security, it’s getting harder and harder to like this airport anymore. It’s going to pot and some actions are indefensible really.

Boeing74741R

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:26 pm

FlyingColours wrote:
If the Jocks can get their APD issue sorted then it might start to look more viable getting the train northbound and get a flight from GLA or EDI, especially when you consider that in the next rail timetable change (May) Transpennine Express are no longer stopping at Wigan on the Scotland - Manchester Airport route and yes I know this was a long term diversion due to the Bolton line being closed but it offered a faster and more convenient service as the normal Wigan to Mcr Airport service is usually a 2 car unit which stops at every station and takes an hour at best (if routed via Bolton) or 90 minutes if going via Atherton.

As an aside, that Southport-Manchester Airport service you refer to is being cut from May as part of the wider changes to the timetable. This will be partially replaced by the Barrow/Windermere-Manchester Airport services being re-routed via Wigan, as well as Blackpool North-Manchester Airport services being re-routed that way from May for a while. However, it also means potential users of MAN west of Wigan will now have to change - myself included as I live near one of the stations losing the Airport service. Combined with the recent announcement of drop-off charges and the traffic along the M6 during the morning peak, it's less than ideal. Although it has no direct train service, LPL becomes more attractive in some cases as I can avoid the M6 during rush hour by going along the M58/M57 instead and at least you can park for up to 45mins for free if picking up/dropping off.

Time will tell if these charges have the effect of reducing congestion, though I can't help but think it's also shifting the problem elsewhere.

Finally, just to correct you re TPE's services via Wigan. They were re-routed from Bolton and via Wigan from December 2013 because the route from Manchester to Liverpool via Chat Moss was electrified up to the point where it connects onto the WCML (the rest of the route to Liverpool followed by early-2015) and TPE had procured Class 350 EMU's to operate their Scottish services on the back of the various electrification schemes in the North West allowing their Scottish services to be operated by electric trains, so it was a way of taking full advantage of newly-electrified routes early and freeing up Class 185 DMU's for use elsewhere. The route via Bolton has been open for a good portion of the time since (though there was a big blockade during 2015 whilst the new Farnworth Tunnel was being bored) and it's always been the intention to revert routing the TPE services via Bolton once that line is electrified, however it's been delayed numerous times and we'll see if the latest target of completing by December 2018 is reached.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:39 pm

User001 wrote:
‘we used the industry benchmarks to determine prices, and other U.K. airports such as Stansted and East Midlands airports already have such charges’. Stansted and East Midlands. The other 2 MAG airports?! That’s your benchmark?! Seriously!?

Benchmarking yourself against yourself is not a worthwhile exercise!

MancMAN

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
User001 wrote:
‘we used the industry benchmarks to determine prices, and other U.K. airports such as Stansted and East Midlands airports already have such charges’. Stansted and East Midlands. The other 2 MAG airports?! That’s your benchmark?! Seriously!?

Benchmarking yourself against yourself is not a worthwhile exercise!

I think it is fair to say that the airports statement has been misread. There is a comma before stating that 2 other airports already use those charges, this means they are not using those airports as a benchmark but merely as an example of other airports that have already adopted the same benchmark.

User001

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Whether the statement has been misread is irrelevant, the simple fact that you are comparing 2 other airports within your management group as examples of ones with charges is absurd.

That’s like a Tesco in Manchester saying ‘our price on Cornflakes isn’t high, it is similar to other Tesco stores in Birmingham and Cambridge’

User001

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

In other news, Iraqi Airways look to be increasing to 2 weekly, with Baghdad on Saturdays and Sulimanyah on Sundays this summer.

MancMAN

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Can’t see a £3 charge spoiling a two week £3000 family holiday though. As for similar products within the same management group being the same, I think that is called business and is to be expected.
In other news, I am going for a pint now.

kwidenka

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 pm

User001 wrote:
In other news, Iraqi Airways look to be increasing to 2 weekly, with Baghdad on Saturdays and Sulimanyah on Sundays this summer.

Great news I've been trying to find out if Iraqi would operate this year. Been twice in the past to see this and failed. fingers crossed for 2018.

on another note I agree with this statement from User001
I used to be a big fan of MAN. It was the airport we used to go on holiday growing up. It was the Airport that spurred my hobby on my youth and I’ve always been proud of its route structure for what is a regional airport, but each time I hear about more value engineering of T2, more charges to use basic facilities and ongoing issues in security, it’s getting harder and harder to like this airport anymore. It’s going to pot and some actions are indefensible really.

MAN has always been my go to airport for holidays and spotting despite me being nearer to LBA and DSA. But now I look at LTN,LHR and LPL as viable options. It's worth the extra travelling. MAN is in need of a massive shake up. T1 was renovated not so long ago at great expense now the plan it to flatten it??
time to ride the sky

User001

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:50 pm

No £3 probably isn’t going to ruin someone’s holiday, but people will bemoan the charge and hav e a right to do so.

As for comparing similar products in the same management group, that isnt business parity though, is it? When you are trying to quell rising anger, you draw attention the fact your competitors may charge, as by comparing the charge to 2 of your own airports just highlights you as a company are probably money grabbing more than others.

All you are saying is ‘we already charge at our sister airports of STN and EMA, so now we are charging at MAN too’.

Anyway, the point remains, this charge will likely do nothing to very little in relieving congestion. People will just pay the charge, still use the CTA so the traffic will still be dreadful. The only difference will be the increasing coffers in Olympic House.

AI

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:23 pm

I agree with the statements above.
I live 20 minutes drive from MAN & 40 minutes from LPL. I find MAN’s attitude of forcing passengers to pay for all basic services very irritating.
Having to pay £1 for trolleys on arrival is not just irritating but criminal for foreign visitors who are caught unawares.
Last 2-3 years if we are travelling to Europe, I prefer flying through LPL. Unfortunately I don’t have much choice if we are flying long haul to Asia.

User001

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

The trolley charges are the ones that should be investigated.

£1for a trolley. Fine, I can make my peace with that, it’s a quid, I’d probably loose it down the back of the sofa on a good day.

But, and here is the but.....

£1.80(ish, depending on the exchange rate) for the convenience of using euros if that’s all I’ve arrived with, that’s the really really annoying part. Why should a pax be charged an extra 80p for the audacity to only arrive with Euros? Or perhaps a family on return wanting to offload any euro coinage they may have?

Yes, I know people can pays their moneys and make their choice, but it’s not the point, is it.

A basic service that seems to be provided free of charge at most other airports, or even just a returnable £1/€1 coin deposit should suffice.

It’s the fleecing at every opportunity that is the issue. £3 not going to ruin a holiday? Maybe not, but for a couple, £3 to drop off, minimum £4.50 to pick up, then £7.50 for the 2 of you to use fast track because the security queues are once again sneaking through the terminal, then £7.50 again on the return to do the same as security for border, then £2 for a trolley each end, that’s nearly £25 just to get a nearly palatable Airport experience that quite frankly, should be free and provided in the bloody first place.

David_itl

Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:31 am

Minor operational changes for Virgin... the split 747 operation to Atlanta and New Yotk is now daily 747 to New York and 6 weekly A332 to Atlanta 

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277788/virgin-atlantic-s18-service-changes-as-of-22mar18/

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 am

David_itl wrote:
Minor operational changes for Virgin... the split 747 operation to Atlanta and New Yotk is now daily 747 to New York and 6 weekly A332 to Atlanta 

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277788/virgin-atlantic-s18-service-changes-as-of-22mar18/

Interesting - by my reckoning this leaves capacity to ATL reasonably flat compared to S17 (albeit a far higher proportion of economy seats) with JFK a massive increase in capacity (again, I think this translates as a much higher percentage of economy seats).

8herveg

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:21 am

David_itl wrote:

You’d think it would be the other way round as I thought ATL would have more connections available than JFK. Or is VS picking up the slack from no AA on the MAN-JFK route now? But even so, why the decrease in capacity from 7 x daily A333 to 6 x daily A332 to ATL?

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

8herveg wrote:
You’d think it would be the other way round as I thought ATL would have more connections available than JFK. Or is VS picking up the slack from no AA on the MAN-JFK route now? But even so, why the decrease in capacity from 7 x daily A333 to 6 x daily A332 to ATL?

On JFK, I'm sure there is an element of picking up AA lost capacity. Equally, using the high capacity of the B744 during the B789 downtime is opportune as it helps to compete with TCX and makes use of an airframe that would otherwise be standing idle.

On ATL, I think the route has struggled a bit with the advent of more direct options (such as SQ to IAH and VS to SFO). However, the capacity decrease of 6x weekly A332 compared to 7x weekly A333 is something like 200 seats per week so it is very marginal. This reflects the present layout of VS's ex Air Berlin aircraft which is less dense than the VS A333s.

Scottiedog

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 1)

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

Enfidha (Tunisia) has reappeared for the first time since July 2015 with 1,036 passengers.

One domestic statistic are currently missing from the CAA report for February.

Belfast City and Inverness are yet to provide figures

Total passengers for these routes in February 2017 were 25,350

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics

Monthly passengers - 1,681,406 +1.30%
Annual Total - 3,346,029
Moving Annual Total - 27,811,759 + 6.85%

Monthly Movements - 13,006 -1.80%
Annual Movements - 26,544
Moving Annual Movements - 202,990 + 4.02%

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

AMSTERDAM..................................... 83,709
DUBAI................................................ 82,322
DUBLIN.............................................. 78,479
TENERIFE (SURREINA SOFIA)............. 60,417
HEATHROW....................................... 52,990
PARIS (CHARLES DE GAULLE)............. 44,936
ALICANTE........................................... 39,112
FRANKFURT....................................... 38,445
ABU DHABI......................................... 37,078
ARRICIFE............................................ 36,406
GENEVA............................................. 32,084
MUNICH............................................. 25,564
BERLIN (SCHONEFELD)....................... 25,455
DOHA................................................. 25,369
COPENHAGEN.................................... 25,142
KEFLAVIK............................................ 24,693
MALAGA............................................ 24,072
BELFAST INTERNATIONAL.................. 23,636
FUERTAVENTURA............................... 22,226
LAS PALMAS....................................... 21,372
BARCELONA....................................... 19,349
BRIDGETOWN.................................... 19,252
BRUSSELS........................................... 18,352
ISTANBUL........................................... 17,958
ISLAMABAD........................................ 16,278

CAA statistics for February are provisional.

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.

Destination......................................Total Pax....Schedule Pax....Charter Pax....Percentage change
COLOGNE.......................................... 12,744........... 12,744.................... 0.................. 264.635
BANJUL............................................... 4,899............. 4,899..................... 0.................. 241.394
NEW YORK (JFK)................................ 13,005........... 13,005..................... 0................. 153.905
AGADIR............................................... 7,206............. 7,206..................... 0.................. 145.019
ST LUCIA............................................. 2,219.............. 2,219..................... 0................. 108.749
PERPIGNAN........................................... 296..................... 0................. 296.................. 92.2078
BOURNEMOUTH................................... 178..................... 0................. 178.................. 91.3979
TORONTO.......................................... 2,864............... 2,864.................... 0.................. 62.6349
TROMSO............................................... 418..................... 0................. 418.................. 45.6446
FRANKFURT..................................... 38,445............ 38,445..................... 0.................. 45.3827
GLASGOW......................................... 4,503.............. 4,503...................... 0.................. 44,2345
GOA................................................. 12,799.............. 9,383............... 3,416................. 42.1164
HURGHADA..................................... 14,076............ 14,076...................... 0................. 40.7882
STAVANGER...................................... 2,260............... 2,260...................... 0................ 35.899
HONG KONG................................... 13,532............. 13,532...................... 0................ 34.5664
BASLE................................................ 9,162............... 8,572.................. 590................ 30.55
OPORTO............................................ 3,921............... 3,084.................. 837................ 29.8774
HELSINKI............................................ 9,802............ 10,327....................... 0............... 27.636
CHAMBERY........................................ 6,633.............. 1,152................ 5,481............... 27,705
IRELAND WEST.................................. 1,750.............. 1,750....................... ................. 24.5552
BILLUND............................................ 2,266.............. 2,266....................... 0............... 24.0964
ISTANBUL........................................ 17,958............ 17,788................... 170............... 21.8483
BUDAPEST....................................... 12,147............ 12,147....................... 0............... 21.7989
SALZBURG......................................... 8,274.............. 5,178................ 3,096............... 19.6183
KEFLAVIK......................................... 24,693............ 22,034................ 2,659.................18.1936

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 4)

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.

Foreign_airport……..Total_Pax 2017……..Total Pax 2018……% change
VIENNA………………….. 5,945……….…………….. 5,984……………….. +0.65601
BRUSSELS……………… 16,431……………………. 18,352……………….. +11.6913
BEIJING………………….. 6,711………………….….. 5,541.………………. -17.4341
PRAGUE………………… 12,950……………………. 14,742…….…………. +13.8378
COPENHAGEN………. 23,941……………………. 25,142……………….. +4.88507
HELSINKI………………... 7,588…………….……….. 9,802………………… +29.1776
PARIS (CDG)………….. 45,786…………………… 44,936……………..... -1.85646
DUSSELDORF………… 18,187………..…………. 16,116……..………… -11.3873
FRANKFURT MAIN… 26,444……………………. 38,445….…………… +45.3827
MUNICH……………….. 27,419..…………………. 25,564………………. -6.76538
HONG KONG……….… 10,056….………………… 13,532.……….……. +34.5664
KEFLAVIK……………….. 20,892……………….….. 24,693….………….. +18.1936
DUBLIN………………….. 78,793………………….. 78,479………..…….. -0.39851
MILAN (MALPENSA).. 11,415…………………. 11,321……………….. -0.83032
ROME (FIUMICINO)….. 7,261..……………. …..7,571……………….. +4.26938
AMSTERDAM………….. 75,212………….…….. 83,709.…………….... +11.2974
ISLAMABAD……………. 16,477..……………..… 16,278….……………. -1.20774
LISBON…………………… 15,430………………….. 14,398………..…….. -6.68827
DOHA…………………….. 26,729…………………… 25,369…………..….. -5.08811
JEDDAH…………………... 8,063…………………….. 8,489….……………. +5.28339
SINGAPORE……………… 6,584…………………….. 6,300……………….. -4.31349
MADRID…………………. 11,878………………….. 10,534…..…………... -11.315
STOCKHOLM (ARN)… 13,879………………….. 12,713..………………. -8.40118
GENEVA…………………. 33,510………………….. 32,552….………....... -2.85885
ZURICH………………….. 11,564………………….. 13,285…………………. +14.8824
ABU DHABI…………….. 33,671……………….…. 37,078…..…………... +10.1185
DUBAI…………………….. 81,066.…………………. 82,322………………... +1.54936
ATLANTA………………… 10,335…….……………... 5,840…………………. -43.493
CHICAGO…..……………………. 0……………………………. 0..………………. +0.00
HOUSTON………………… 3,542……………………. 3,249…………………. -8.27216
NEW YORK (JFK)……….. 5,122………………….. 13,005…………..……. +153.905
NEW YORK (NEWARK) 8,312….…………………. 8,275..………………. -0.44514
PHILADELPHIA…………. 7,703…………………….. 8,250……..…………. +7.10113
HEATHROW……………. 54,278…………………… 52,990……….….……. -2.37297

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 5)

Comparison of top 25 destinations - February 2008 versus February 2018

Foreign airport...........................February-08...........February-18
HEATHROW....................................... 73,464..................... 52,990
TENERIFE (SURREINA SOFIA)............ 67,896...................... 60,417
DUBLIN.............................................. 57,208..................... 78,479
DUBAI................................................ 42,841..................... 82,322
PARIS (CHARLES DE GAULLE)............ 40,296...................... 44,936
AMSTERDAM..................................... 38,502..................... 83,709
ALICANTE.......................................... 36,881...................... 39,112
ARRECIFE........................................... 32,795...................... 36,406
MALAGA............................................ 32,743...................... 24,702
SHARM EL SHEIK................................ 30,874...................... 0
GATWICK........................................... 29,255...................... 0
FRANKFURT....................................... 27,975...................... 38,445
ORLANDO.......................................... 27,325...................... 14,864
GENEVA............................................. 22,937...................... 32,552
EDINBURGH....................................... 20,422...................... 7,484
LAS PALMAS...................................... 19,156....................... 21,372
BELFAST CITY..................................... 18,789...................... TBA
BRIDGETOWN.................................... 18,338...................... 19,252
ISLAMABAD........................................ 17,841..................... 16,278
CHICAGO (O'HARE)............................ 17,298...................... 0
PAPHOS............................................. 16,323....................... 13,398
NEW YORK (NEWARK)....................... 15,967....................... 8,275
COPENHAGEN.................................... 15,385....................... 25,142
FARO.................................................. 15,331....................... 11,590
SALZBURG.......................................... 15,042....................... 8,274

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 6)

Major changes to Domestic traffic

Edinburgh - 7,484 +7.62151%
Exeter- 9,393 + 6.93306%
Glasgow - 4,503 +44.2345%
Heathrow- 52,990 -2.37297%
Isle of Man - 12,007 +4.76398%
Newquay - 4,327 +11.3771%
Norwich - 1,397 -37.6896%
Southampton - 16,112 +0.14295%

CAA statistics for February are provisional

Manchester Statistics - February 2018 (Part 7)

An extra list for interest only - some destinations with annual carriage (March 2017-February 2018)

Amsterdam - 1,050,878
Dubai - 990,172
Dublin - 972,207
Alicante - 869,423
Tenerife (Surreina Sofia) - 859,131
Palma - 743,718
Malaga - 675,967
Heathrow - 659,941
Paris (Charles de Gaulle) - 628,060

David_itl

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:57 am

Currently planned for 28th March is new Saudi 789 HZ-AR22 delivered on the 22nd March and will be it's 3rd revenue service.

David_itl

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:09 am

TUI basing an extra aircraft in 2019, boosting capacity in several markets and starting Naples. 100,000 extra seats.

https://www.aviationwales.com/most-ambitious-summer-at-birmingham-manchester-cardiff/

User001

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 am

TUI already serve NAP-MAN and have done for a while.

GRJGeorge

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:43 am

Is there no stats for the Cape Town services that operated in Feb...was it 1 or 2 flights by TCX...is it not showing because it's just charter?

User001

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

All stats should be reported so it may be that the figures haven’t been declared yet

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 am

GRJGeorge wrote:
Is there no stats for the Cape Town services that operated in Feb...was it 1 or 2 flights by TCX...is it not showing because it's just charter?

The princely total of 385 MAN-CPT (all of which are charter passengers)!

GRJGeorge

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:34 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
GRJGeorge wrote:

Thanks, was just wondering why it's not on that list, as new destination (like Enfidha ? if I understand the first few sentences correctly...) or top25 increase like Perpignan and Bournemouth with low totals.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:01 pm

GRJGeorge wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
GRJGeorge wrote:

Thanks, was just wondering why it's not on that list, as new destination (like Enfidha ? if I understand the first few sentences correctly...) or top25 increase like Perpignan and Bournemouth with low totals.

Ah! I understand!

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but 385 is a low number and I'd expect many other new routes to have a greater patronage. However, it could be an omission or it could be to do with it being charter traffic.

Either way, it doesn't take MAN's winter programme any further forward than previously. Long haul winter seasonal routes like CPT or filling in the India gap (DEL/BOM) remain a priority.

slickvik

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Business class travelers don't get fast track?

Cunard

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 am

slickvik wrote:

What does your comment actually relate to?

If your actually replying to someone's else's post it would have been easier to understand if you had quoted it otherwise I fail to see how relevant your post is to the recent discussion!

slickvik

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:15 am

Cunard wrote:
slickvik wrote:

If your actually replying to someone's else's post it would have been easier to understand if you had quoted it otherwise I fail to see how relevant your post is to the recent discussion!

The fast track for purchase at MAN. I’m curious as I’m flying there in July so wondering if I need to purchase fast track. Sorry for the lack of context

David_itl

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 am

How can you tell it's holiday time? Just look at the TK schedules. TK1993 is a 77W today and an A332 tomorrow

MancMAN

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:58 pm

As I reported earlier the increase in dual runway ops for summer are now on MAN OAN’s.
July thru Oct sees a good increase. Basically it is all day mon to fri. Plus extra on sat and sun.

David_itl

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Enilria's OAG post today includes this:
VS ATL-MAN NOV 0.4>0.6 DEC 0.5>0.6
VS JFK-MAN NOV 0.6>0.7 DEC 0.5>0.7

Looks like it could well be 4 weekly ATL and 5 weekly JFK this winter

msycajun

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:35 pm

A leaked list of tenants in MSY's new north terminal shows Thomas Cook, so I guess an announcement of MAN-MSY should be coming soon. I wonder if they will start in February/spring of 2019 when the terminal opens or wait until the summer. Spring is our busiest tourism season with Mardi Gras and the festivals - I'm surprised DE hasn't tried expanding into those months.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 pm

David_itl wrote:
Enilria's OAG post today includes this:
VS ATL-MAN NOV 0.4>0.6 DEC 0.5>0.6
VS JFK-MAN NOV 0.6>0.7 DEC 0.5>0.7

Looks like it could well be 4 weekly ATL and 5 weekly JFK this winter

Better than last winter, but not quite what I'd hoped for (I'd expected daily in the pre-Christmas period - January/February are usually a little quieter). I wonder how this fits with aircraft utilisation for a potential MAN-DEL service!

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Per airlineroute TCX are to operate one charter flight from MAN (also LGW) to Colombo in October 2018 and January 2019. I assume that means one return flight per airport per month operating, but am not entirely sure.

RyanairGuru

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 pm

slickvik wrote:
Cunard wrote:
slickvik wrote:

The fast track for purchase at MAN. I’m curious as I’m flying there in July so wondering if I need to purchase fast track. Sorry for the lack of context

Depends on your airline. Some offer it free to passengers in Business and some don’t.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Themotionman

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 pm

msycajun wrote:
A leaked list of tenants in MSY's new north terminal shows Thomas Cook, so I guess an announcement of MAN-MSY should be coming soon. I wonder if they will start in February/spring of 2019 when the terminal opens or wait until the summer. Spring is our busiest tourism season with Mardi Gras and the festivals - I'm surprised DE hasn't tried expanding into those months.

Or is it Condor who already fly FRA-MSY? Or does it display Thomas Cook AND Condor seperately?

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Themotionman wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Or is it Condor who already fly FRA-MSY? Or does it display Thomas Cook AND Condor seperately?

The latter (Thomas Cook and Condor separately).

FLYKTPA

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Apparently it will be 2 weekly and also they will operate Baltimore 3 weekly as well.

Will a third US. route be added? Maybe TPA or SAN?
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

Jerry123

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 pm

msycajun wrote:

Apparently it will be 2 weekly and also they will operate Baltimore 3 weekly as well.

Cunard

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:51 am

DobboDobbo wrote:
Themotionman wrote:
msycajun wrote:

The latter (Thomas Cook and Condor separately).

I'm sure that Thomas Cook have flown to New Orleans in the past with a couple of one off charters, or it could be the Condor connection and perhaps that's why it's listed as being a tenant!