Cmac787

Re: United Airlines Network Thread 2018

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 pm

UA already flies twice daily IAD-MCI

Rdh3e

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 pm

bacchus101 wrote:
I was under the impression that United removed all 50 seat jets from its fleet?

UA has well over 200 of them in fleet.
http://ir.united.com/company-informatio ... y-overview

jplatts wrote:
In addition to that, Southwest has its 4th largest focus city at DEN

Fourth largest by flights, but second largest by ASMs.

airportlover

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
airportlover wrote:
Themotionman wrote:

I think, United's secondary/interior China strategy is dead. The most likely adds from SFO would most probably be to South East Asia. Something like BKK, SGN considering the success of United's Singapore routes (I understand that Singapore is totally different but they have proved these ULH routes can work).

Also, Continental's smaller European market strategy from EWR is less important now with United. We have seen a lot of markets dropped, however, some routes may be added would be more seasonal, (think OPO, KEF). If KEF is successful from EWR then it wouldn't surprise me if the added KEF from IAD, ORD, IAH, DEN.

Domestically, I would expect to see more leisure routes operating sub-weekly to destinations like RAP, HDN, BZM. However, any meaningful expansion domestically would require more narrow bodies.

But how about Africa? If Delta can make Africa work from JFK then surely UA can do it from EWR. How about LOS, JNB, DKR or a seasonal flight to CMN.

In terms of South America, I would expect a lot of it to be left to Avianca.

Maybe, but I think UA really should focus on smaller European destinations. They can certainly fill a plane to any of those cities, especially if there is no JFK alternative. This worked for Continental, and UA should add more European destinations from EWR. If they want to build up EWR, they need to add more European cities to create an even better transatlantic/northeast hub.

I think Africa would work from EWR, maybe Lagos or Johannesburg. However, they seem to leave Africa to the Star Alliance, which is unfortunate.

Norwegian, WOW, and Icelandair are surely poaching some of UA's European passengers. That said, Vienna, Warsaw, Moscow, Dusseldorf, and Lyon, could be viable future destinations out of EWR.

I think AA, out of MIA, will be the next U.S. carrier to South Africa, but UA will probably resume Lagos flights from IAH if oil prices (and their corresponding traffic) rise.

ORD-TLV will probably be UA's next route to the Middle East.

Those cities are certainly feasible, but Warsaw and Moscow seem more likely to me. Lyon seems the least likely. We will see Nice before Lyon.

bacchus101

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 am

Rdh3e wrote:
bacchus101 wrote:

Aren't all of these under subsidiaries like Skywest, ExpressJet, Mesa, Commutair, Wisconsin Air, etc?

What I really want to know is what actual entity will fly the PQI to EWR route. Will it be United itself? Or will it be ExpressJet as they have a hub in Newark and have lots of 50 seat E145 RJs?

I'm trying to determine what equipment would be most likely.

United1

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 am

bacchus101 wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
bacchus101 wrote:

Aren't all of these under subsidiaries like Skywest, ExpressJet, Mesa, Commutair, Wisconsin Air, etc?

What I really want to know is that what actual entity will fly the PQI to EWR route. Will it be United itself? Or will it be ExpressJet as they have a hub in Newark and have lots of 50 seat E145 RJs?

I'm trying to determine what equipment would be most likely.

None of the airlines that operate UAX for UA are subsidiaries...they are contractors.

UA submitted an application to fly between PQI and EWR using 50 seat RJs. If UA gets the EAS contract they will have one of their partners fly the route for them under a capacity purchase agreement. UA will not use mainline equipment on this route.

OO submitted an application to fly between PQI and IAD using CRJ200s. If OO gets the EAS contract they will operate the route with a UA code on it on an at risk basis.

strfyr51

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 am

Midwestindy wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Is UA ever going to add CMH-SFO or are they content to run a distant fourth in Columbus?

SumChristianus wrote:
I'll start out by saying that I see Chicago-Toledo as a new United Express route, served 3x a day on E145s or CRJ200s.

Where did you see this?

I think he was saying he could see that as a possible addition, not that it was already added.

He Didn't see that and he Won't!! That's wishful thinking..

VC10er

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:32 am

I would love to see United do the EWR/SIN route with a premium heavy aircraft. They OWN Asia and should continue boldly and with innovations, like a nose to tail Polaris 787 or A350, if that’s technically possible.
Yes to Eastern Europe, but can they fill a 763 to Prague or Belgrade etc, etc???

bacchus101

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 am

United1 wrote:
None of the airlines that operate UAX for UA are subsidiaries...they are contractors.

UA submitted an application to fly between PQI and EWR using 50 seat RJs. If UA gets the EAS contract they will have one of their partners fly the route for them under a capacity purchase agreement. UA will not use mainline equipment on this route.

OO submitted an application to fly between PQI and IAD using CRJ200s. If OO gets the EAS contract they will operate the route with a UA code on it on an at risk basis.

Thanks for the clarification.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:29 am

Cmac787 wrote:

Sorry, yes they do, IAD-MKE is still a large hole for them though.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 am

strfyr51 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Is UA ever going to add CMH-SFO or are they content to run a distant fourth in Columbus?

Where did you see this?

I think he was saying he could see that as a possible addition, not that it was already added.

He Didn't see that and he Won't!! That's wishful thinking..

I read somewhere on this site ORD-TOL was in the running (in consideration by UA). Sorry that I wasn't more clear about it.
I think ORD-TOL and CMH-SFO are the most likely future additions from Ohio on United. Youngstown may have an outside chance of happening, but I wouldn't bet on it.

drdisque

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 am

UA and OO turned down YNG when they had a SCASD grant for it. They definitely aren't going there without the grant money (which was subsequently squandered in a month by Aerodynamics Inc.)

Yes, ORD-TOL was in the running - I think UA just decided that splitting such a weak market (in addition to the only two carriers in the market serving the same route) would be a bad choice.

jplatts

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 am

SumChristianus wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:

Sorry, yes they do, IAD-MKE is still a large hole for them though.

I agree that IAD-MKE is a huge hole for UA since MKE currently has no nonstop service to IAD on any airline, since WN is currently the only airline to have nonstop service to any of the DC airports from MKE, since Wisconsin is the most populous Midwestern state (and the 2nd most populous U.S. state) without any nonstop service to IAD, and since Milwaukee is the largest Midwestern city without any nonstop service to IAD.

len90

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 am

FSDan wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Vienna, Warsaw, Moscow, Dusseldorf, and Lyon, could be viable future destinations out of EWR.

EWR-VIE already has UA's JV partner OS. EWR-WAW already has UA's Star Alliance partner LO. EWR-SVO/DME could maybe work on a 763, although I believe most of the NYC Russian population is in Brooklyn.

I'd like to see UA take EWR-DUS over from LH and fly it daily with a 763 or 764. LH has a lone 333 based at DUS for that route as of now, which can't be very efficient... EWR-LYS doesn't seem out of the question on a 752, but I'm not sure that's the next logical add from EWR.

There is a decent Russian population spread through NJ and on Staten Island with a majority of people on Staten Island would prefer EWR over JFK.

EWR to Europe is a great transatlantic hub for United. They just need to really work on offering a product better than Delta and a majority of the international carriers out of JFK as well as finding a way to stay above the LCC that are biting at the leisure travelers.

EWR-KEF is a great option for UA, but they would be a bit late into the game as Iceland and WOW are already there. Could UA get those loyal business travelers though and make it profitable on a 752... maybe so.

I personally like the trend over the past two years at EWR. They have done a great job cutting down on the 50 seat RJs and have increased mainline as well as an improved regional experience with the 170/175s.

BatonOps

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 am

Would like to see UA add ITH-ORD to complement the ITH-EWR route.

flyguy84

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 am

How about ORD-ATH summer seasonal.

fry530

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 am

len90 wrote:
FSDan wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Vienna, Warsaw, Moscow, Dusseldorf, and Lyon, could be viable future destinations out of EWR.

EWR-VIE already has UA's JV partner OS. EWR-WAW already has UA's Star Alliance partner LO. EWR-SVO/DME could maybe work on a 763, although I believe most of the NYC Russian population is in Brooklyn.

I'd like to see UA take EWR-DUS over from LH and fly it daily with a 763 or 764. LH has a lone 333 based at DUS for that route as of now, which can't be very efficient... EWR-LYS doesn't seem out of the question on a 752, but I'm not sure that's the next logical add from EWR.

There is a decent Russian population spread through NJ and on Staten Island with a majority of people on Staten Island would prefer EWR over JFK.

EWR to Europe is a great transatlantic hub for United. They just need to really work on offering a product better than Delta and a majority of the international carriers out of JFK as well as finding a way to stay above the LCC that are biting at the leisure travelers.

EWR-KEF is a great option for UA, but they would be a bit late into the game as Iceland and WOW are already there. Could UA get those loyal business travelers though and make it profitable on a 752... maybe so.

I personally like the trend over the past two years at EWR. They have done a great job cutting down on the 50 seat RJs and have increased mainline as well as an improved regional experience with the 170/175s.

I believe they have already announced summer seasonal service to KEF from EWR. I have to wonder how that will do. I know Delta seems to hold their own, but FI really has the Iceland-North America market covered. Who knows, UA could add KEF from ORD too if it all goes well.

strfyr51

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

STT757 wrote:
UA needs additional mainline, about 100 more, and more large 75 seaters. The answer to both is a new 100 seater mainline, if they add an additional 88 100 seat mainline they can add an additional 70 ERJ-175s. Considering what's going on with the CSeries and the latest Boeing news perhaps they will go for the ERJ-195E2.

88 additional ERJ-195E2s, plus the additional 70 ERJ-175s, plus the used A319s, A320s should put UA in a better position domestically.

I HIGHLY doubt you'll see any E195-E2's. the mainline is not set up to handle it What you may see are more A319's and A320's the "headshed" seems to be risk averse. .

VC10er

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm

If United could get ALL the narrow body aircraft they required, enough to close the fleet size gap between them and DL & AA...would they even be able to get all the routes, gates in all the destinations being discussed and more?
Is there the demand for that many seats added to the skies for the near future?
As much as I would love to see United fly non-stop to and from everywhere in the USA, I would also love for them to become even more global, more innovative with non-stop service to many, many more international destinations...and SULH (Super Ultra Long Haul) with being first to fly EWR (and other hubs) to such places as SYD, SIN, JNB etc. Grab a bigger chuck of South America (and not just from IAH) to compete with AA, and spread across Europe even more. Be sort of the new PanAm. I may even support a new livery once full-on Polaris is installed, service is honed in every airplane- as Christmas gift, I really wanted to see that order for the 50+ 763 go through- it’s the Goldie Locks aircraft for passengers!

ual763

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

VC10er wrote:
If United could get ALL the narrow body aircraft they required, enough to close the fleet size gap between them and DL & AA...would they even be able to get all the routes, gates in all the destinations being discussed and more?
As much as I would love to see United fly non-stop to and from everywhere in the USA, I would also love for them to become even more global, more innovative with non-stop service to many, many more international destinations...and SULH (Super Ultra Long Haul) with being first to fly EWR (and other hubs) to such places as SYD, SIN, JNB etc. Grab a bigger chuck of South America (and not just from IAH) to compete with AA, and spread across Europe even more. Be sort of the new PanAm. I may even support a new livery once full-on Polaris is installed, service is honed in every airplane- as Christmas gift, I really wanted to see that order for the 50+ 763 go through- it’s the Goldie Locks aircraft for passengers!

I couldn't agree with you more! You hit the nail in the head to my wishes. Personally, I want to see them go back to Norway, I think they could make ORD and possibly IAD work. SAS and DY have EWR/JFK covered. Chicago actually has the largest population of Norwegians outside of Oslo itself. Not to mention, the surrounding states hold the majority of Norwegian-Americans. I'm kind of surprised DL or DY have not gone to OSL from MSP yet. But, I think UAL could easily capitalize on this, and get traffic feed from around the Midwest on a summer seasonal flight ORD-OSL. Same thing with AHN as someone mentioned above.

FSDan

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm

ual763 wrote:
I'm kind of surprised DL or DY have not gone to OSL from MSP yet.

NW tried MSP-OSL (I think in the early 2000s) and it didn't do well at all...

ual763

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

FSDan wrote:
ual763 wrote:
I'm kind of surprised DL or DY have not gone to OSL from MSP yet.

NW tried MSP-OSL (I think in the early 2000s) and it didn't do well at all...

Interesting, didn't know that. But that's also when all the airlines filed for Chapter 11. I still think ORD would work great though in today's market.

MDW22L31C

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 pm

I see UA has placed Mainline on the SFO-ONT.

sbaflyer

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

drdisque wrote:
UA and OO turned down YNG when they had a SCASD grant for it. They definitely aren't going there without the grant money (which was subsequently squandered in a month by Aerodynamics Inc.)

Yes, ORD-TOL was in the running - I think UA just decided that splitting such a weak market (in addition to the only two carriers in the market serving the same route) would be a bad choice.

I could see them reconsidering TOL. Especially since AA now serves CLT-TOL, so there must be more of a market there. I think BMi is a hole in their network as AA, DL and G4 all serve multiple destinations.

SgtBarone

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

I would love to see UA bulk up their focus city operations in CLE. I think they could succeed with a 1x daily to SEA on a 73G or 319. This could make it difficult for AS to enter the market. I can also see a 1-2x daily to MCI and PVD with EV doing well.

IAHWorldflyer

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 pm

What's with all the RJ flying between IAH and DCA this year? A look at the March schedules shows 8x a day total flights, with 5 of these being Mesa and Republic E-170's. Are they squatting on slots for which there's little demand? Or are they reducing seat capacity in order to increase fares? I don't understand how a route that has been all mainline and connects some pretty large population centers in now majority Express flights. Does anyone know the answer?

USPIT10L

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 pm

NW flew MSPOSL in 1998, long before the legacy bankruptcies, with a DC-10 for one summer. Tbey had a codeshare agreement with BU at AMS and OSL at the time and it still failed.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Oil traffic was probably a large proportion of business travel on that route. With the decline in oil prices and corresponding oil-related business, less capacity is needed on the route.
UA has to maintain service to keep the slots, though, thus the express operated capacity.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
I would love to see UA bulk up their focus city operations in CLE. I think they could succeed with a 1x daily to SEA on a 73G or 319. This could make it difficult for AS to enter the market. I can also see a 1-2x daily to MCI and PVD with EV doing well.

If UA were like DL, they would definitely operate routes like that.
As opposed to the DL pull down in CVG, which was long and drawn out, enabling DL to keep marketshare (they are now expanding again), UA in CLE cut quickly, dropping the CLE capacity rather than slowly using it as a capacity mine, which was DL's strategy to grow SEA, LAX, and NYC while keeping topline growth minimal.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

VC10er wrote:

New livery would be great, to separate UA from its "traumatic past/merger".
I wish they could hire David Nielmann, though, to orient UA from a customer perspective.
Nielmann, Kirby, Anderson, and Tim Clark from EK, now that would be the airline dream team!

rocANDtpa

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 pm

UA is growing in ROC. 3 mainline flights in February with 2 to ORD and 1 to EWR. June’s tentative schedule shows 3 mainline flights to ORD and an e175 flight.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:34 pm

rocANDtpa wrote:
UA is growing in ROC. 3 mainline flights in February with 2 to ORD and 1 to EWR. June’s tentative schedule shows 3 mainline flights to ORD and an e175 flight.

I hope they keep some of that small city mainline service.
I doubt that UA's schedule for the summer is finalized, it seems to show a large increase in CRJ200s out of DEN on routes as long as BNA, MKE, and ATL?, while some routes such as IND, are on smaller aircraft than last year or even United's April schedule.
UA seems unable to sustain mainline service on any domestic route not to a major, MCO, BOS, LAS, ATL, etc or a hub, with good load factors. I wonder if its because they don't have enough seats overall, and are chked on selling enough seats to fill mainline on one flight by lack of enough onward connecting seats?
UA's largest hubs are smaller than DL's and AA's largest. ORD for UA is about half the size of ATL for DL. ~55,000 SDEW compared to ~120,000 for ATL. I think UA is more internationally focused while DL has made a large effort in smaller cities to grab point of sale strength on both ends of a route.

ShinyAndChrome

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
rocANDtpa wrote:

I doubt that UA's schedule for the summer is finalized, it seems to show a large increase in CRJ200s out of DEN on routes as long as BNA, MKE, and ATL?, while some routes such as IND, are on smaller aircraft than last year or even United's April schedule.
UA seems unable to sustain mainline service on any domestic route not to a major, MCO, BOS, LAS, ATL, etc or a hub, with good load factors. I wonder if its because they don't have enough seats overall, and are chked on selling enough seats to fill mainline on one flight by lack of enough onward connecting seats?
UA's largest hubs are smaller than DL's and AA's largest. ORD for UA is about half the size of ATL for DL. ~55,000 SDEW compared to ~120,000 for ATL. I think UA is more internationally focused while DL has made a large effort in smaller cities to grab point of sale strength on both ends of a route.

I think one can make the case that UA’s network is optimized for international connectivity but simultaneously underperforms in generating domestic connectivity relative to DL and AA.

FSDan

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 pm

SumChristianus wrote:

Yeah, the summer schedule is definitely not finalized yet.

jetero

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 pm

USPIT10L wrote:
NW flew MSPOSL in 1998, long before the legacy bankruptcies, with a DC-10 for one summer. Tbey had a codeshare agreement with BU at AMS and OSL at the time and it still failed.

Wasn’t that their second go after late 1970s, early 1980s? Or was all that from Boston?

jetero

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 pm

ShinyAndChrome wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
rocANDtpa wrote:

I think one can make the case that UA’s network is optimized for international connectivity but simultaneously underperforms in generating domestic connectivity relative to DL and AA.

I don’t think there’s a case to make. It’s plainly obvious!

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
rocANDtpa wrote:

UA seems unable to sustain mainline service on any domestic route not to a major, MCO, BOS, LAS, ATL, etc or a hub, with good load factors

There has to be a little give and take, UA added 2x daily SFO-BNA/IND, meaning less connecting traffic through DEN. It's not like they necessarily cut mainline just because of LFs...

jetero

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
rocANDtpa wrote:

UA seems unable to sustain mainline service on any domestic route not to a major, MCO, BOS, LAS, ATL, etc or a hub, with good load factors

There has to be a little give and take, UA added 2x daily SFO-BNA/IND, meaning less connecting traffic through DEN. It's not like they necessarily cut mainline just because of LFs...

Good Lord, UA is flying twice daily from SFO to BNA and IND?

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

jetero wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Hahahaha yep, when VX Added SFO-IND/BNA they retaliated and UA went 2x daily on both routes in September I believe.... both went back 1x daily for winter but go back up to 2x daily in March

777-500er

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm

With DY starting OAK-FCO, UA has been rumored to launch this route S19 obviously from SFO.

UALFAson

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm

jetero wrote:

Yes, they started 1x SFO-BNA service in May 2016, which was sorely needed, as the only other Bay Area nonstop was WN to OAK, and even that had just recently commenced. When VX announced they were launching the route as well last year, UA upped their service to 2x daily.

Loads in Economy are often good, though a colleague of mine often flies VX for about $250 roundtrip all in, so I imagine their yields are trash unless they are getting a premium for some Asia, Hawaii, and secondary west coast city connections.

IAHWorldflyer wrote:
What's with all the RJ flying between IAH and DCA this year?

UA seems to have given up on DCA, which is a bit surprising to me given their struggles across town at IAD. ORD is in the same boat. UA used to offer exclusively mainline service on an hourly basis while AA offered sporadic Eagle regional jets. Now the situation is reverse: AA flies all mainline and UA is a majority Express.

jplatts

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 pm

UALFAson wrote:
UA seems to have given up on DCA, which is a bit surprising to me given their struggles across town at IAD. ORD is in the same boat. UA used to offer exclusively mainline service on an hourly basis while AA offered sporadic Eagle regional jets. Now the situation is reverse: AA flies all mainline and UA is a majority Express.

In addition to AA adding more mainline flights between ORD and DCA, Southwest had also added nonstop service from DCA to MDW back on August 10, 2014.

Rdh3e

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:23 am

UALFAson wrote:
ORD is in the same boat. UA used to offer exclusively mainline service on an hourly basis while AA offered sporadic Eagle regional jets. Now the situation is reverse: AA flies all mainline and UA is a majority Express.

But UA offers 15 flights to AA's 9. AAs schedule is quite pathetic considering that is a hub to hub route for them.

abrelosojos

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 am

I still do not get the UA LAX/SFO twin hub strategy. Can someone kindly explain it to me? I get EWR/IAD much more.

Saludos,
Alex

f18raider

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 am

Any chance for mainline on IAH-MAF? The demand is there with Oil, and the Embraers are consistently full.

SumChristianus
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:35 am

ORD-CHS goes 4x daily, 1x E75, 2x 319, 1x 739 in April.
CHS-EWR is 2x ERJ, 1x 319, 1x 73H. (April)
ORD-ALB sees 5x daily 1x CRJ, 2x CR7, 2x 319 (April)
ORD-DFW is 7x daily almost entirely mainline (March)
ORD-JAX is 1x CR7, 2x 319 (March)
ORD-MSY is 3x daily, 1x 73H, 2x 739 (March)
ORD-FAR is 3x daily 2x ERJ, 1x CR7 (March)
Mainline ORD-CLT appears to have stopped as have several mainline routes from DEN: MEM, CVG, etc, that were served last summer.

Nice to see the mainline service, I assume most are nice YOY increases.
I don't really understand the schedules beyond April, they seem like major cuts. I assume they havn't been finalized yet.

jplatts

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:36 am

f18raider wrote:
Any chance for mainline on IAH-MAF? The demand is there with Oil, and the Embraers are consistently full.

In addition to UA serving MAF nonstop from IAH, WN also has nonstop service from HOU to MAF, and WN operates its HOU-MAF nonstops on 737-700 planes with 143 seats.

ual763

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 am

abrelosojos wrote:
I still do not get the UA LAX/SFO twin hub strategy. Can someone kindly explain it to me? I get EWR/IAD much more.

Saludos,
Alex

LAX seems to be more of a prestige thing. As America's second largest city, all of the majors pretty much have to have a hub there. But, SFO is the real pride and joy of the company. At SFO, United is able to hold a majority of slots compared to the others, meaning a lot less direct competition. At LAX, all of the majors are more or less equal, give or take a little.

flyguy84

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 am

jplatts wrote:
f18raider wrote:

In addition to UA serving MAF nonstop from IAH, WN also has nonstop service from HOU to MAF, and WN operates its HOU-MAF nonstops on 737-700 planes with 143 seats.

And you didn't answer the question....

No, I don't see any type of mainline service to MAF in the near future. Maybe a 737/319 RON, but other than that I don't think its going to happen.

f18raider

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 am

jplatts wrote:
f18raider wrote:

Uh, yea, thanks. I live in Midland so I'm well aware of what flies over my house everyday.

alasizon

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 am

f18raider wrote:
jplatts wrote:
f18raider wrote:

Uh, yea, thanks. I live in Midland so I'm well aware of what flies over my house everyday.

His info typically isn't all that useful, its just whatever Google could dredge up. IAH-MAF could probably support a single overnight on Mainline but I'd expect that there are other intra-TX markets that could use it first.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos