Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ORDfan
Topic Author

Chicago Aviation News - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 am

United announced ORD-BIS daily service today. Also interesting that rebanking should be complete by next month, per link below.

Rebanking obviously designed to shorten connection times, but it also leaves less room for error if/when delays inevitably occur. I hope UA errs on the side of caution.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ystem.html

ORDfan
Topic Author

Re: Chicago Aviation News

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 am

November data posted on ATD. Synopsis: ORD back in the black on YTD domestic passenger growth, and international growth continues to shine.

MDW losing some ground on domestic Y-O-Y, which is weighing on yearly totals, despite also good international growth. Anyone have any theories on what's slowing MDW down? I'll be honest: I've been so disappointed with Southwest on-time issues/delays, I've virtually stopped using them unless I'm burning Rewards points for personal travel.... once I'm out of RR, will have to think long and hard about giving any $$$ to LUV.

Links below:

http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollectio ... UMMARY.pdf

Mods- I'm having a hard time adding images. Is this thread approved for non-URL pics? Do I need to get my profile approved for pics?

ADrum23

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 am

ORDfan wrote:
November data posted on ATD. Synopsis: ORD back in the black on YTD domestic passenger growth, and international growth continues to shine.

MDW losing some ground on domestic Y-O-Y, which is weighing on yearly totals, despite also good international growth. Anyone have any theories on what's slowing MDW down? I'll be honest: I've been so disappointed with Southwest on-time issues/delays, I've virtually stopped using them unless I'm burning Rewards points for personal travel.... once I'm out of RR, will have to think long and hard about giving any $$$ to LUV.

So where do you think ORD will end up for 2017? Is 80 million a possibility or will that come this year?

Also, isn't WN maxed out at MDW? Could that be a reason why they are slowing down?

yeogeo

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 am

Is the terminal one to two shuttle discontinued for good? My crew went through ORD today to find the shuttle shuttered.

ord787

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 am

yeogeo wrote:
Is the terminal one to two shuttle discontinued for good? My crew went through ORD today to find the shuttle shuttered.

Yes they are close T1-T2 shuttle bus for good, but i don't know how it works for those passenger who have problem with long distance walk. :roll:

yeogeo

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 pm

So no reasons given? The shuttles were certainly well-used. Wondering if its a matter of expense or something to do with operations on the tarmac - Lord knows it gets complicated out there!
There are always those electronic carts, which are plentiful, for those unable to hoof it from E&F gates to B or C and vv.
I'll miss the free ground-level tour of the apron though.
yeo

glbltrvlr

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Judging by the backed up lines for it on both sides, there was certainly demand. They never managed it right though. The times I took it they were running a single bus that took 20-30 minutes round trip, which made it faster to walk. And that's if you managed to get on the next bus. There weren't many seats.

yeogeo

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm

The shuttle is now removed from the United.com ORD map, so its clearly history.

FlyingColours

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:03 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
nomorerjs wrote:
AA’s loss is UA’s and others’ gains. Maybe they’ll add more when T5 expands, but AA seems comfortable with seasonal flights and letting OneWorld partners handle all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if AA dropped ORD-MAN and it was picked up by UA or BA.

If UA wasn’t so awful, they could be kicking AAs ass. ORD is stuck with an incompetent airline (UA), and one that is just waiting to see what happens with gate leases in 2018, T5 expansion, and new terminal (AA). Until this is settled, ORD is limited in growth (upgauging or off-peak flights).

I'd not be surprised of AA dropped ORD-MAN. The writing has been on the wall for some time.

I could see UA having a look on a seasonal basis. There was a story of BA looking at MAN-JFK/ORD but I cant see any movement on that soon.

It would be a shame to lose MAN-ORD after such a long time, doubly so as it's now only one of two entry points into the US from Manchester with AA, the other being PHL but if connecting then ORD seems to be the better choice (though the A330 to PHL is a far better experience in Y). As for loads, I flew ORD-MAN in October and it was booked as a 757 but when we got to the gate it had been swapped for a 763 which was pretty full. Incidently we went out via PHL and the A330 was full although I suspect that was because the MAN-JFK flight got cancelled that morning and were booking a lot of passengers onto that flight.

There had indeed been chatter about a BA 777 doing LGW-ORD-MAN-ORD-LGW which fortunately hasn't happened so far, though if AA does pull out I suppose one could bite the bullet and fly BA. As for UA, that would be interesting but my thoughts on that are probably best kept for the MAN thread ;)

Phil
FlyingColours

nmdrdh787

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

ORDfan wrote:

Links below:

Mods- I'm having a hard time adding images. Is this thread approved for non-URL pics? Do I need to get my profile approved for pics?

Capacity changes. MDW is pretty maxed though.

If I was WN I would look at shuttling connecting pax through STL or MKE now.

kordcj

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

Links below:

Capacity changes. MDW is pretty maxed though.

If I was WN I would look at shuttling connecting pax through STL or MKE now.

I’d be interested to know what the city’s estimate of annual pax for the terminal was when they built it. I’d imagine that growth at MDW will be mostly flat for some time to come unless WN purchases bigger jets. Does a MAX9/10 have the performance to fly in and out of MDW?

ORDfan
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 am

ADrum23 wrote:
So where do you think ORD will end up for 2017? Is 80 million a possibility or will that come this year?

Also, isn't WN maxed out at MDW? Could that be a reason why they are slowing down?

I think anyone's guess on ORD final pax volume is as good as mine. Was a very busy Nov, and jusy eyeballing the data, seems like there is generally a slight drop-off in Dec pax. This year's extremely cold NYE may have caused a small dent in last week Dec volume. I think it's going to be very close, with a good chance to beat 80million pax. Won't mean much to me if not, I'm more concerned with keeping the trend/momentum for growth, even slow and steady.

Fair points you, Nmdrdh, and Kordcj make about max capacity at MDW. I've always thought since it appears 31R/13L at MDW is so rarely used, the city should look at expanding or even slightly reconfiguring that A pier and the A4b-A strip to capture some more space from the underutilized tarmac around 31R. To my blind eyes, the taxiway closer to the B pier would be more than sufficient. Eventually I think the city/WN will need to take a look at expanding MDW too.

ORDfan
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 am

yeogeo wrote:
The shuttle is now removed from the United.com ORD map, so its clearly history.

I never even knew there was shuttle from Terminal 1. Was it an airside shuttle?? Or Curb-side...? I'm dumb-founded.. been flying out of ORD for over 20 years (that I can remember), and never knew!

ADrum23

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 am

ORDfan wrote:
Eventually I think the city/WN will need to take a look at expanding MDW too.

Isn’t MDW landlocked? How could they expand it?

glbltrvlr

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 am

ORDfan wrote:
I never even knew there was shuttle from Terminal 1. Was it an airside shuttle?? Or Curb-side...? I'm dumb-founded.. been flying out of ORD for over 20 years (that I can remember), and never knew!

Airside - It ran from the low end of the C gates under E and over to the middle of F. A good idea in theory, as it's a long walk, but in practice it was faster to walk.Not obvious as the line for the shuttle got mixed in with nearby gates, and there was only one small floor sign..
Last edited by glbltrvlr on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ORDfan
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 am

ADrum23 wrote:

I'm referring specifically to expanding the terminal infrastructure, not the airfield/airport limits itself.

As I mentioned above: as far as I know, 13L/31R is seldom-used, except for GA, and even then, I'm not convinced it's worth keeping at the expense of terminal expansion.

If you get rid of 13L/31R, you can easily expand the A pier(s). Actually, you could probably even expand the B pier as well in that scenario.

CraigAnderson

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 am

Qantas rumoured to be looking at BNE-ORD as its next B789 route, BNE will be hub for 4 x 789s with two doing BNE-LAX-JFK and QF CEO has suggested SEA, ORD and DFW as likely destinations for the other two, anybody here heard any rumours from inside ORD on this?

kordcj

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I'm referring specifically to expanding the terminal infrastructure, not the airfield/airport limits itself.

As I mentioned above: as far as I know, 13L/31R is seldom-used, except for GA, and even then, I'm not convinced it's worth keeping at the expense of terminal expansion.

If you get rid of 13L/31R, you can easily expand the A pier(s). Actually, you could probably even expand the B pier as well in that scenario.

What’s the reason that the city keeps 13L&13R open? Do they ever have a need to use those runways because 13C is being overwhelmed by WN arrivals/departures. Looks like they’d be able to get maybe 4-8 gates by extending the concourses over 13L.

Switching airports, has anyone heard any progress on the proposed 10 year terminal update/expansion plan? I believe the city did submit it to the FAA for review last fall.

SQ22

Chicago Aviation News - 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374447

ShinyAndChrome

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:50 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
Qantas rumoured to be looking at BNE-ORD as its next B789 route, BNE will be hub for 4 x 789s with two doing BNE-LAX-JFK and QF CEO has suggested SEA, ORD and DFW as likely destinations for the other two, anybody here heard any rumours from inside ORD on this?

BNE-ORD would be interesting. I would think they’d start BNE-DFW or SYD-ORD first to better leverage JV hub connectivity, thought I don’t know how technically feasible the latter is. Are there any big corporate contracts that might anchor a BNE-ORD nonstop?

jbs2886

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pm

ShinyAndChrome wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

BNE-ORD would be interesting. I would think they’d start BNE-DFW or SYD-ORD first to better leverage JV hub connectivity, thought I don’t know how technically feasible the latter is. Are there any big corporate contracts that might anchor a BNE-ORD nonstop?

I suspect the point of BNE instead of SYD is that ORD is in the range for the 787, but SYD isn’t.

ShinyAndChrome

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:15 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
ShinyAndChrome wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I suspect the point of BNE instead of SYD is that ORD is in the range for the 787, but SYD isn’t.

I would suspect the same, though in a similar vein, BNE-DFW would be both shorter and would offer greater JV connectivity through AA than ORD.

Maybe they find a unique opportunity in offering a nonstop Australia-ORD route? That’s why I was wondering about BNE-ORD corporate O&D since the largest markets like SYD/MEL to the south already have ample one-stop options to ORD without hypothetically connecting through BNE.

ORDfan
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:

Seems like this has been rumored on this forum for awhile now - same goes for NZ - but don't believe anyone has been able to substantiate it. I'd love to see it, personally: have extensive contacts and friends Down Under, and would love to see ORD connected to Australia non-stop.

ShinyAndChrome wrote:

Two very identifiable one's that I know of would be Caterpillar and John Deere. Both firms have large regional corporate offices in Brisbane that cater to country's massive agricultural and mining sectors. BP, ADM, and CME Group would be other viable candidates.

ORDfan
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

glbltrvlr wrote:
Airside - It ran from the low end of the C gates under E and over to the middle of F. A good idea in theory, as it's a long walk, but in practice it was faster to walk.Not obvious as the line for the shuttle got mixed in with nearby gates, and there was only one small floor sign..

Bummer! I would've loved to have taken that...must've been a really cool view of the apron from the bus.

jbs2886

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 pm

ShinyAndChrome wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
ShinyAndChrome wrote:

I would suspect the same, though in a similar vein, BNE-DFW would be both shorter and would offer greater JV connectivity through AA than ORD.

Maybe they find a unique opportunity in offering a nonstop Australia-ORD route? That’s why I was wondering about BNE-ORD corporate O&D since the largest markets like SYD/MEL to the south already have ample one-stop options to ORD without hypothetically connecting through BNE.

Except BNE-DFW would take traffic from SYD-DFW. ORD also offers connection opportunities and a major business destination.

jbs2886

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 pm

ShinyAndChrome wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
ShinyAndChrome wrote:

Except BNE-DFW would take traffic from SYD-DFW. ORD also offers connection opportunities and a major business destination.

jbs2886

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

But how much could you realistically expand? I don't see a whole lot of room for growth.

Perhaps it is time for WN to consider moving some (not all) operations to ORD?

That proposal to remove the runways would open up an extraordinary amount of space (even if the actual airport is blocked in). Further, removing GA would as well. I do not think moving WN to ORD is the solution.

ADrum23

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 pm

ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

But how much could you realistically expand? I don't see a whole lot of room for growth.

william

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Lets think this through-
1.SWA has an almost monopolistic grip on MDW, why move? Because some numbers are stagnant? Could it be SWA is not connecting as many pax through MDW?
2.SWA has DEN and STL to south if it needed to connect more pax.
3.Where at ORD would SWA move to? Why take on UA and AA at ORD? Read #1 again.

jbs2886

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm

william wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

Lets think this through-
1.SWA has an almost monopolistic grip on MDW, why move? Because some numbers are stagnant? Could it be SWA is not connecting as many pax through MDW?

A monopolistic position at MDW isn't really meaningful as ORD is the same market (sure, there may be a few people who demand only to fly from MDW), but I agree WN has no incentive to move to ORD.

DolphinAir747

Re: Chicago aviation news - 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Any news on ET’s ADD-ORD? They announced it some time ago but I haven’t seen it in the schedule. Where would it route through?

nomorerjs

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

This will not happen. As much as I would like to see WN at ORD, it along with DFW and IAH are not on WNs radar; they are not going to happen. ORD gets the occasional WN charter flight and MX diversion (much longer runways).

nomorerjs

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 pm

DolphinAir747 wrote:
Any news on ET’s ADD-ORD? They announced it some time ago but I haven’t seen it in the schedule. Where would it route through?

What happened to globalcabotage? I thought he had a buddy at CDA and had insights.

ShinyAndChrome

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am

jbs2886 wrote:
ShinyAndChrome wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

Six of one and a half dozen of another I suppose. BNE-ORD would similarly draw people who otherwise would’ve booked SYD-LAX/DFW-ORD for example. And DFW offers both more AA connections than ORD plus it’s better situated for a wider range of connections in the Eastern US. Hence what I was wondering about the BNE-ORD corporate O&D which would justify a nonstop flight.

Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud. All of our speculation on the topic is equally valid at this point.

jplatts

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:27 am

william wrote:
Lets think this through-

There are only 3 destinations that Southwest serves nonstop from MDW that do not have nonstop service from ORD on any airline, and these 3 destinations are DAL, HOU, and ECP. However, both DFW and IAH do have nonstop service from ORD on AA, UA, and NK, WN's MDW-DAL nonstop service is in competition with ORD-DFW nonstop service on AA, UA, and NK, and WN's MDW-HOU nonstop service is in competition with ORD-IAH nonstop service on AA, UA, and NK.

Even though Southwest has over 95% market share at MDW, all of the destinations that Southwest serves nonstop out of MDW except for DAL, HOU, MHT, OAK, ONT, ECP, and GEG already do have nonstop service out of ORD on at least two different airlines, and UA also serves MHT and GEG nonstop from ORD. Almost all of the Southwest nonstop service out of MDW is actually in competition with at least 2 different airlines out of ORD, whereas there are 30 destinations served nonstop out of DAL on SWA that only have nonstop service out of DFW on AA. In addition to significant competition out of ORD on almost all of Southwest's nonstop service out of MDW, Delta also serves its ATL, MSP, and DTW hubs nonstop from both ORD and MDW.

In addition to DEN and STL, Southwest can also connect passengers to East Coast destinations through DAL, BNA, ATL, and BWI.

Southwest does not need to serve ORD since Southwest already has nonstop service to most of its destinations from MDW, but Southwest could add a 2nd daily nonstop to OKC from MDW and Southwest could add MDW-RIC nonstop service. Southwest could also add nonstop service to additional international destinations from MDW.

United787

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Never thought that ORD-Australia/New Zealand would be a serious consideration but now that IAH/DFW seem to be going strong and with the 787, it looks like a real possibility.

kngkyle

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Some interesting figures. In 2013 the average passenger count per operation was about 76. Meaning for every take off and landing there was on average 76 people on that plane. In 2017 that number is 92. That is a 22% increase in 4 years and equivalent to nearly 14M passengers. In 2013 ORD had 67M passengers, in 2017 it will be just shy of 80M passengers. This means the growth in passengers since 2013 is almost entirely the result of using larger equipment, not new flights. Operation numbers are pretty flat between 2013 and 2017.

The operation numbers used are not perfect since they also include cargo flights, but they're a small percentage of total ops and shouldn't sway the needle much.

glbltrvlr

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:29 pm

kngkyle wrote:
Some interesting figures. In 2013 the average passenger count per operation was about 76. Meaning for every take off and landing there was on average 76 people on that plane. In 2017 that number is 92. That is a 22% increase in 4 years and equivalent to nearly 14M passengers. In 2013 ORD had 67M passengers, in 2017 it will be just shy of 80M passengers. This means the growth in passengers since 2013 is almost entirely the result of using larger equipment, not new flights. Operation numbers are pretty flat between 2013 and 2017.

You certainly see it in the terminal hallways and gate areas.

ORDfan
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Chicago Leads Ranking Of Air Travel Markets (Well, Service Quality Is Hard To Measure)

Another feather in ORD's cap, thanks to the Eno Center for Transportation. No doubt I wear my bias on my sleeve, but it's good to see civic boosterism vindicated by a third party every once and awhile! Chicagoans and fellow ORD-travellers rejoice: we enjoy the best air service in the country.... :o

https://www.enotrans.org/etl-material/flyscore/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed ... 33ef281d5f

kngkyle wrote:

Very interesting analysis, thanks for sharing. I had suspected this was the case, but had not thought it out to this extent. Very good news, indeed....cheers.

sircygnus

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 am

Hear that Lufthansa will start sending the A350 to ORD from Munich in March. I believe this would be the first scheduled A350 service to ORD, and would be replacing an A346.

Mexicana757

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 am

Interjet will start flying ORD-GDL February 15, 2018. Interjet will be the third airline on the route joining AM and Y4. Of the three Volaris has less frequency on the ORD-GDL with 2x weekly, but they do fly daily MDW-GDL.

4O 840 GDL 8:40pm- 12:40am ORD daily
4O 841 ORD 2:00am- 6:40am GDL daily

elbandgeek

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 am

The idea of removing 13L/31R at MDW to extend A and B is one that's floated in my head for awhile but I think the bigger question is if the airfield capacity would actually allow an increase in flights, even if they kick out some of the GA operators. If it did work out then they'd probably need to put in a connecting tunnel between the concourses because a connection from the end of one to the other is already a trek.

As far as projects that are already happening go, I read this morning that the major lane closures on Cicero will start on Monday which means the structure for the bridge expansion should be starting to go up very soon. They've also released more renders on the CDA website of the new security area and rennovated food court and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

piedmontf284000

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am

sircygnus wrote:
Hear that Lufthansa will start sending the A350 to ORD from Munich in March. I believe this would be the first scheduled A350 service to ORD, and would be replacing an A346.

Bummer. I will really miss seeing their A346. At least IB will still be bringing them in. On a side not, take it with a grain of salt, but LF is reportedly looking at starting TXL-ORD.

United787

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Mods: We have two Chicago Aviation Threads... I suggest locking one.

This is the other: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383279

United787

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm

sircygnus wrote:

I just booked it for September, very excited! Can't believe I will be flying on the A350 before the 787 given my 787 obsession. UA needs to show ORD some love with the 787.

nmdrdh787

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

kordcj wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

What’s the reason that the city keeps 13L&13R open? Do they ever have a need to use those runways because 13C is being overwhelmed by WN arrivals/departures. Looks like they’d be able to get maybe 4-8 gates by extending the concourses over 13L.

Switching airports, has anyone heard any progress on the proposed 10 year terminal update/expansion plan? I believe the city did submit it to the FAA for review last fall.

While I agree with this, having worked on some master planning for airports, I know its a bit more complicated than this. But i'm surprised it hasn't been thought of.

nomorerjs wrote:
DolphinAir747 wrote:

What happened to globalcabotage? I thought he had a buddy at CDA and had insights.

I have a feeling his buddy got fired for breaking some NDA's ... some of his posts seemed like they were disclosing confidential information week or months before it became public, and some things that only a select group of individuals knew.

Also on the subject of ET, someone posted that there is a competition between ORD and IAH for a new route. Not sure where the article went.

piedmontf284000 wrote:
sircygnus wrote:

Bummer. I will really miss seeing their A346. At least IB will still be bringing them in. On a side not, take it with a grain of salt, but LF is reportedly looking at starting TXL-ORD.

Curious to see where you heard TXL-ORD. I think its a decent add, but surprised seasonal DUS on LH or EW is not in the cards too.

ILS28ORD

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 pm

I floated the idea of closing 13L-31R and adding gates some time back. Glad to see others think the same. I'm not surprised this is not crossed the cities mind yet. It's too logical.

stlgph

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm

ILS28ORD wrote:
I floated the idea of closing 13L-31R and adding gates some time back. Glad to see others think the same. I'm not surprised this is not crossed the cities mind yet. It's too logical.

On one hand- it probably has come up many times but when it's all said and done, the end result might not add too much value to a long term solution, whatever that may be. If for example, such a closure only adds 6 gates, what's the point if the feasibility is to come up with a plan which can add 20. May as well go for the plan to add 20 than to move mountains and only achieve 6. Get what I'm saying?

On the other hand - these are the same people who thought closing the two McDonald's locations and Potbelly's was also a good idea, for whatever the purpose.

EWRandMDW

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

If 13L-31R is closed, would it be feasible to extend current 13R-31L to at least 5000 ft x 100 feet wide to help accommodate bizjets and private planes?

_AA_777_MAN

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

United787 wrote:
sircygnus wrote:

I just booked it for September, very excited! Can't believe I will be flying on the A350 before the 787 given my 787 obsession. UA needs to show ORD some love with the 787.

Why didn't you just book the LOT 787 ORD-WAW like i just did for June!! :bouncy: I'll be on LO 3/4 which are the 788, LO 9/10 will be 789! :hyper: :hyper:
I will however miss the LH A340-600. Still remember seeing my first ever 346 on final in FRA way back in 2006 :(