HM7
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:02 am

qf789 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

That would explain why they haven't announced another route (existing) for the second frame that will be freed up from MEL-DXB-LHR


Was the 380 reconfigure to occurs in FY19 or Calendar19? That’s going to be a significant period out of service for that too.

Looking forward to hearing the new route regardless!


IIRC they just said 2019, i would expect they would try and get the fleet painted first before starting the refurbs

Why dont they just do both at the same time?
CRJ200, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A320, A332, A380, B717, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763, B744, B744ER
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:05 am

HM7 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

Was the 380 reconfigure to occurs in FY19 or Calendar19? That’s going to be a significant period out of service for that too.

Looking forward to hearing the new route regardless!


IIRC they just said 2019, i would expect they would try and get the fleet painted first before starting the refurbs

Why dont they just do both at the same time?


Probably because the repaints will be done in DXB and refurbs done at TLS
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:42 am

qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

IIRC they just said 2019, i would expect they would try and get the fleet painted first before starting the refurbs

Why dont they just do both at the same time?


Probably because the repaints will be done in DXB and refurbs done at TLS


Having the refurb done in TLS is a good way to burn up those deferred A380 deposits ;)

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 am

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:
Why dont they just do both at the same time?


Probably because the repaints will be done in DXB and refurbs done at TLS


Having the refurb done in TLS is a good way to burn up those deferred A380 deposits ;)

EK413


Sounds good to me :) and maybe Qantas will 'throw in' the 2 A332 refits (VH-EBG/L), if there is an outstanding balance ;)
On a different tangent, I notice Q400 VH-QOB is back online after its TSV stay. Silver roo'd? Not sure if another Q400 has taken it place. Cant be bothered searching through the regos at the moment lol
And another tangent, I notice A332 VH-EBK is back online after 16ish days in BNE, Is there a Wi-Fi bubble?
 
DeltaB717
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:14 am

QOB is in Silveroo c/s, according to my information. QOC has replaced it in paint in TSV. VYJ, which should also be in Silveroo c/s, is scheduled to operate QF967 on Sunday morning, with another B738 set to take its place in paint.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:40 pm

737-800 VH-VYJ has been repainted in Silveroo Livery

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-b737- ... intenance/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Next 737-800 to be repainted is VH-VYL
Forum Moderator
 
DeltaB717
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 pm

B789 VH-ZNC has been delivered, contractually and physically, and is currently positioning to MEL as QF6026. ETA 2309hrs this evening at this stage.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHZ ... /KPAE/YMML
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Q400 VH-QOC out of paint shop...VH-QOD in the paint shop TSV
 
Enobar
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:57 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 am

undertheradar wrote:

Sounds good to me :) and maybe Qantas will 'throw in' the 2 A332 refits (VH-EBG/L), if there is an outstanding balance ;)


Speaking of those 2.... anyone have any word on when those refits might happen? And if there will be an enlarged galley/crew rest for them? I have a friend booked to PVG (i think i have the code correct.... Shanghai right?) in April and he is very dirty on the fact that he's on one of the last QF A330s with the Skybeds instead of the sexy business suite... While I enjoy teasing him about it, he'd love me for ever if I could tell him the plane was due to be reconfigured before his trip... :-D
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 am

Enobar Re either of the two remaining 2-2-2 A332s getting refitted by April. I hazard a guess at being zero chance.... BUT there is a chance that a 1-2-1 suite A333 aircraft could operate your friends flight. The A333 has been doing these flights on the odd occasion, but seems very spasmodic. Keep checking the booking/seat map. It could change. Fingers crossed :)
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 am

Enobar wrote:
undertheradar wrote:

Sounds good to me :) and maybe Qantas will 'throw in' the 2 A332 refits (VH-EBG/L), if there is an outstanding balance ;)


Speaking of those 2.... anyone have any word on when those refits might happen? And if there will be an enlarged galley/crew rest for them? I have a friend booked to PVG (i think i have the code correct.... Shanghai right?) in April and he is very dirty on the fact that he's on one of the last QF A330s with the Skybeds instead of the sexy business suite... While I enjoy teasing him about it, he'd love me for ever if I could tell him the plane was due to be reconfigured before his trip... :-D

undertheradar wrote:
Enobar Re either of the two remaining 2-2-2 A332s getting refitted by April. I hazard a guess at being zero chance.... BUT there is a chance that a 1-2-1 suite A333 aircraft could operate your friends flight. The A333 has been doing these flights on the odd occasion, but seems very spasmodic. Keep checking the booking/seat map. It could change. Fingers crossed :)

Shanghai (and yes PVG) is actually a schd A333 destination (I think only once weekly on A332 max) so he's actually lucky to get one lol.

Michael
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 pm

eamondzhang ooops I was thinking PEK Beijing. (crawls back in hole) lol
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:10 am

undertheradar wrote:
eamondzhang ooops I was thinking PEK Beijing. (crawls back in hole) lol

So you mean your friend bought a ticket to PEK? Lol that explains it. But even then QF goes 2x A333 on PEK.

Michael
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:21 am

eamondzhang wrote:
undertheradar wrote:
eamondzhang ooops I was thinking PEK Beijing. (crawls back in hole) lol

So you mean your friend bought a ticket to PEK? Lol that explains it. But even then QF goes 2x A333 on PEK.

Michael


Not my friend. I was replying to a post from Enobar. Anyhoo, time to move on. Don't want this thread to veer off in to 'the twilight zone' :)
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:45 am

undertheradar wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
undertheradar wrote:
eamondzhang ooops I was thinking PEK Beijing. (crawls back in hole) lol

So you mean your friend bought a ticket to PEK? Lol that explains it. But even then QF goes 2x A333 on PEK.

Michael


Not my friend. I was replying to a post from Enobar. Anyhoo, time to move on. Don't want this thread to veer off in to 'the twilight zone' :)

Ah thought you're the guy without checking back :duck:

Cheers
Michael
 
User avatar
DexSwart
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 am

It seems 2007 and Silveroo liveried 737’s are also getting wifi. Even BSI interiors with seatback IFE. How long does it normally take to install the ViaSat system QF are using? I can’t figure out a pattern or discernible reason to the fittings.
Durban. Melbourne. Denver. Hong Kong.
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 pm

DexSwart wrote:
It seems 2007 and Silveroo liveried 737’s are also getting wifi. Even BSI interiors with seatback IFE. How long does it normally take to install the ViaSat system QF are using? I can’t figure out a pattern or discernible reason to the fittings.


Yep ALL VH- registered 737s (regardless of what paint job or interior), will be fitted with Wi-Fi. Wont comment on the ZK- registered 737s because we don't know for sure what's happening with them and that's another topic. Going by past installs last year, the aircraft were out of service for about 7-10days, but I think this period includes other maintenance on the aircraft as well. This year I have lost track of the 737 Wi-Fi installs so others may have updated info. :)
 
User avatar
JBusworth
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:08 am

undertheradar wrote:
DexSwart wrote:
It seems 2007 and Silveroo liveried 737’s are also getting wifi. Even BSI interiors with seatback IFE. How long does it normally take to install the ViaSat system QF are using? I can’t figure out a pattern or discernible reason to the fittings.


Yep ALL VH- registered 737s (regardless of what paint job or interior), will be fitted with Wi-Fi. Wont comment on the ZK- registered 737s because we don't know for sure what's happening with them and that's another topic. Going by past installs last year, the aircraft were out of service for about 7-10days, but I think this period includes other maintenance on the aircraft as well. This year I have lost track of the 737 Wi-Fi installs so others may have updated info. :)


I would expect the ZK registered 737s to be brought back onto the VH register and fitted with wifi. I know that Qf789 was keeping a list of all the planes with their repaint and wifi install status.
 
User avatar
LamboAston
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:46 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 am

All ZK reg 738s will be going to the VH register this year
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 am

Qantas A388's will start being repainted from March with 8 aircraft due to be painted by EK Engineering

1 A388 will also have its landing gear replaced this month

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... th-qantas#
Forum Moderator
 
downdata
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:38 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:50 am

Qantas lapse the first of the 15 options it had on the 789.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sing ... SKBN1FP0DP

Looks like they are being quite cautious on capex. That or the pricing on those options weren’t too far off from the current market...
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 pm

737 VH-VYL out of paint shop...VH-VYK in to paint shop at TSV
 
undertheradar
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 am

Q400 VH-QOD out...QOE in TSV paint shop
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 4876
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 am

VH-NHK (100Y) QantasLink 2007 Livery has ferried to XSP earlier today.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
User avatar
LoganTheBogan
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 am

Qantas indigenous livery for the 787 unveiled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMFtL_7fjI
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
 
Ellofiend
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

LoganTheBogan wrote:
Qantas indigenous livery for the 787 unveiled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMFtL_7fjI


WOW, That looks spectacular IMO, love the blend of orange and red, I think they have done a great job
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:48 pm

737-800 VH-VZY has been installed with WIFI

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-b737- ... intenance/
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos