audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:28 am

Did N861NW perform the ZRH>JFK rescue flight with the missing reg. above?
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/18
7HD: DTW-SEA ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N863DA)

After repositioning to SEA, N863DA was supposed to operate DL39 from SEA>HKG on Aug 18th, but will now fly out today, and, despite FR24 showing its return on the 20th, which is now a day too early, it will return on the 21st! I think that's all correct!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n863da
 
panamair
Posts: 3989
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:24 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 pm

audidudi wrote:
Did N861NW perform the ZRH>JFK rescue flight with the missing reg. above?


N861NW was the regular ZRH-JFK flight on 8/18. N851NW was the cancelled flight on 8/17 and went out the next morning (8/18) as DL9869 back to JFK.
 
flyboy80
Posts: 1972
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:10 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:31 pm

May have missed the numbers earlier in the thread, but is there a preliminary delivery schedule for the 339? Will DL have more widebody lift to try new markets or will they continue to be maxed out to some extent with what they already have?
 
jbs2886
Posts: 1805
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 pm

jumbojet wrote:
questions wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
The 359 has what, 32 suites whereas the refurbished 777 has 28? What do you tell 4 paying business class passengers when you cant accommodate them in business class on a 14 hour flight?

I still dont get how DL only reconfigures the 777 with 28 business class seats. That, is dumb. I get it, Delta doesnt wants to maximize its revenue hence the major reduction in J seats on the 777 but it should've at least been comparable to how many seats are on the 359. It makes using global certs impossible.


A few points...

The 359 and reconfigured 777 have a much better premium economy section.

Delta is betting that some corporate contracts customers will allow passengers/employees to move up from coach to premium economy on long haul as well as some individual paying coach passengers. This will increase revenue on a given flight.

By reducing the business class cabin Delta can potentially charge a higher premium, ie, less supply, same demand.

Economic bifurcation of the consumer is helping drive the ability of airlines to do this.

On the risk side of this strategy is the growth of carriers offering much cheaper business class offerings, eg, B6’s Mint and Norwegian.


The point I was trying to make is when DL has to sub a 777 for a 350, there could poentially be 4 full paying J passengers who will get screwed. I think DL should have matched each cabin in J seat for seat, The difference is only 6 which is still a reduction from the 'old' 777 J config. If I spend $8,000 on a ticket to fly business class and get told at the gate there is an aircraft swap and you will have to sit in coach, that wont go over very well. I mean, how will DL decide who gets screwed?


The likelihood of that happening is so slim anyways, why is DL going to put 4 extra seats on an aircraft for something that may happen only a couple times a year. DL bumps an elite...or maybe, just maybe, J isn't even full. I don't know why you are harping on something that really isn't an issue.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:00 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/19
763ER-low J: NRT-MNL-NRT rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N174DZ)
7HD: SEA-HKG-SEA rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N863DA)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/20
763ER-low J: MNL-NRT flight cancelled - tech (N189DN)
 
gsg013
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
questions wrote:

A few points...

The 359 and reconfigured 777 have a much better premium economy section.

Delta is betting that some corporate contracts customers will allow passengers/employees to move up from coach to premium economy on long haul as well as some individual paying coach passengers. This will increase revenue on a given flight.

By reducing the business class cabin Delta can potentially charge a higher premium, ie, less supply, same demand.

Economic bifurcation of the consumer is helping drive the ability of airlines to do this.

On the risk side of this strategy is the growth of carriers offering much cheaper business class offerings, eg, B6’s Mint and Norwegian.


The point I was trying to make is when DL has to sub a 777 for a 350, there could poentially be 4 full paying J passengers who will get screwed. I think DL should have matched each cabin in J seat for seat, The difference is only 6 which is still a reduction from the 'old' 777 J config. If I spend $8,000 on a ticket to fly business class and get told at the gate there is an aircraft swap and you will have to sit in coach, that wont go over very well. I mean, how will DL decide who gets screwed?


The likelihood of that happening is so slim anyways, why is DL going to put 4 extra seats on an aircraft for something that may happen only a couple times a year. DL bumps an elite...or maybe, just maybe, J isn't even full. I don't know why you are harping on something that really isn't an issue.


Agree with you that it would be very rare. It is statistically very unlikely that every person on a flight that would get swapped A350-900 to 777-200ER would be O&D meaning that if DL realized that they no longer had the seats available due to the aircraft swap they could just reroute the passenger onto a different connection that would get them to the destination with the same class of service and minimal disruption time wise. (That's as long as they no about the swap early enough).
 
User avatar
adambrau
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm

jumbojet wrote:
questions wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
The 359 has what, 32 suites whereas the refurbished 777 has 28? What do you tell 4 paying business class passengers when you cant accommodate them in business class on a 14 hour flight?

I still dont get how DL only reconfigures the 777 with 28 business class seats. That, is dumb. I get it, Delta doesnt wants to maximize its revenue hence the major reduction in J seats on the 777 but it should've at least been comparable to how many seats are on the 359. It makes using global certs impossible.


A few points...

The 359 and reconfigured 777 have a much better premium economy section.

Delta is betting that some corporate contracts customers will allow passengers/employees to move up from coach to premium economy on long haul as well as some individual paying coach passengers. This will increase revenue on a given flight.

By reducing the business class cabin Delta can potentially charge a higher premium, ie, less supply, same demand.

Economic bifurcation of the consumer is helping drive the ability of airlines to do this.

On the risk side of this strategy is the growth of carriers offering much cheaper business class offerings, eg, B6’s Mint and Norwegian.


The point I was trying to make is when DL has to sub a 777 for a 350, there could poentially be 4 full paying J passengers who will get screwed. I think DL should have matched each cabin in J seat for seat, The difference is only 6 which is still a reduction from the 'old' 777 J config. If I spend $8,000 on a ticket to fly business class and get told at the gate there is an aircraft swap and you will have to sit in coach, that wont go over very well. I mean, how will DL decide who gets screwed?


I am just curious why Delta has such a small business cabin on the 777 and A350 fleet, 28 and 32 respectively? Compared to say United who has 50-60 business seats on their 777 aircraft versions? Does Delta plan to have a larger Premium Economy section? I understand the benefit of selling more seats at closer to full fare business rates, but aren't DL going to run the risk of missing revenue by having a smaller offering when demand surges. I know Delta is historically more profitable than UA and many feel better run with better service, so I get that. Just wondering why UA has, on their 18 77W's, 100% more seats in the Polaris Cabin than the similar Delta branded business version? And 66% more on the other 777 versions that will be getting the Polaris upgrade than the DL A350's and 777's?

Thanks!

Adam
Let's keep the skies friendly.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:09 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/21
763ER-high J: PVG-SEA rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N1610D)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N394DL)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional MSP-ATL flight (N197DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-SEA ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N197DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on SEA-PEK-SEA route (N197DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on 9am JFK-SFO-JFK route (N1201P)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 763 on 8am ATL-LAX-ATL route (N176DZ)
332: unscheduled downgrade from 333 on DTW-AMS-DTW route (N861NW)
764: ATL-BHM-ATL military charter (N825MH)
764: ATL-SFO ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N843MH)
764: SFO-JFK rescue flight for previous day's cancellation (N843MH)
7HD: SEA-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N863DA)
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:28 pm

With the recent changes, does DL have any slack in its Widebody fleet next summer?
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:00 am

Midwestindy wrote:
With the recent changes, does DL have any slack in its Widebody fleet next summer?

Not more not less than this year. One needs to realise that the S19 schedule is not yet fixed in stone and also the fleet plans (i.e. 763ER retirements, 339 deliveries) are a work in progress.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 1805
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:12 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
With the recent changes, does DL have any slack in its Widebody fleet next summer?

Not more not less than this year. One needs to realise that the S19 schedule is not yet fixed in stone and also the fleet plans (i.e. 763ER retirements, 339 deliveries) are a work in progress.


339 deliveries are still a work in progress less than a year away? You definitely are credible, just surprising. Could we see more/faster 339 deliveries?
 
Qantas744er
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:36 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 am

TropicalSky wrote:
777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:

Will the aircraft receive a heavy also during the mods,or that's just how long it takes for everything to be approved?


All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


What's does the AIMS2 avionics upgrade entails? I'm really curious...


AIMS 2 was introduced with line number 413. Alitalia B77E EI-ISA

Boeing/Honeywell discontinued AIMS 1 OEM support a few ears ago. Meaning further software updates (blockpoints) are no longer available. Makes sense for DL to invest in this very costly upgrade, as the B77E’s will be in service for years to come.

All B77L’s already have AIMS 2 from the factory.
You live and you die, by the FMA
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:43 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/22
763ER-low J: MNL-NRT rescue flight following cancellation on 8/20 (N189DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N193DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from M90 on ATL-MSP route (N193DN)
763ER-low J: JFK-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1201P)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-NRT-DTW route (N863DA)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SFO-ATL route (N804NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/23
359: ATL-ICN flight diverted to MSP - tech (N506DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:46 am

jbs2886 wrote:
339 deliveries are still a work in progress less than a year away? You definitely are credible, just surprising. Could we see more/faster 339 deliveries?

My understanding is that the exact timing of deliveries, FAA permitting process and commercial EIS post-crew training has yet to be finalised. This will all of an impact as to how many will be available for the S19 schedule.
 
777Mech
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:46 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/22
763ER-low J: MNL-NRT rescue flight following cancellation on 8/20 (N189DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N193DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from M90 on ATL-MSP route (N193DN)
763ER-low J: JFK-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1201P)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-NRT-DTW route (N863DA)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SFO-ATL route (N804NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/23
359: ATL-ICN flight diverted to MSP - tech (N506DN)


ATL-ICN was a pax medical.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/24
763ER-high J: PDX-LHR flight cancelled - tech (N171DN)
763ER-low J: MSP-PDX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N193DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on PDX-LHR-PDX route (N193DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on NRT-SIN-NRT route (N1603)
332: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9pm JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N855NW)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-NRT-DTW route (N863DA)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on DTW-LHR-DTW route (N806NW)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on ATL-LHR-ATL route (N827NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:30 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/25
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on CDG-PIT-CDG route (N177DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 738 on LAX-SLC route (N189DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-EWR-CDG route (N190DN)
763ER-low J: PDX-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N193DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 738 on SLC-LAX route (N1201P)
763ER-low J: NRT-SEA-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1603)
764: scheduled upgrade from 75W on 8am JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N841MH)
359: LAX-PVG flight cancelled - tech (N507DN)
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 am

Anyone know what happened to B764, N842MH, which has been at SFO since last Monday? It hasn't been mentioned in the Noteworthy Aircraft Activity updates. It is however due to ferry from SFO>ATL as DL9931 early on Sunday morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N842MH
 
User avatar
muddyjk
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:44 pm

audidudi wrote:
Anyone know what happened to B764, N842MH, which has been at SFO since last Monday? It hasn't been mentioned in the Noteworthy Aircraft Activity updates. It is however due to ferry from SFO>ATL as DL9931 early on Sunday morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N842MH


Been out of service since 20AUG with right aileron damage.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:54 pm

audidudi wrote:
Anyone know what happened to B764, N842MH, which has been at SFO since last Monday? It hasn't been mentioned in the Noteworthy Aircraft Activity updates. It is however due to ferry from SFO>ATL as DL9931 early on Sunday morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N842MH

Now it's scheduled to fly this morning from SFO>DTW as DL1461!
 
gsg013
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Spoke to a couple pilots yesterday on DL that currently Fly 757-200ER and 767-300ER. They said DL is planning a change in the cockpit which will bring the 767-400ER under the same type rating and allow these pilots to fly all 3 types going forward. This has not started yet but is in the works.

Can anyone elaborate what changes will be needed to the 767-400ER in order to bring it in line with the 767-300ER and 757's?
 
GSOtoIND
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:27 pm

gsg013 wrote:
Spoke to a couple pilots yesterday on DL that currently Fly 757-200ER and 767-300ER. They said DL is planning a change in the cockpit which will bring the 767-400ER under the same type rating and allow these pilots to fly all 3 types going forward. This has not started yet but is in the works.

Can anyone elaborate what changes will be needed to the 767-400ER in order to bring it in line with the 767-300ER and 757's?


Technically, they don't have to do anything other than have differences training. UA has all variants of the 75 and 76 in the same group. Since you mentioned cockpit changes, I would guess they're replacing the CRTs in the 752s, 753s, and 763s with larger LCDs that can match the capabilities of the 764's screens.
IND. 2018: BOS/AUA/MIA/DEN Next: LAS/SLC/DEN
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/26
764: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on SFO-DTW route - maintenance exit [6 days] (N842MH)
764: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N842MH)
77L: ATL-NRT (7/26) diverted to ANC - medical (N707DN)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/27
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 12pm JFK-LAX-JFK route (N193DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-SLC ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1603)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-NRT-DTW route (N863DA)
333: JFK-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N801NW)
333: ATL-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N809NW)
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:28 pm

N863DA, operating as an A350 swap for DL276 from NRT>DTW today, has been cancelled. I wonder what happened?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:21 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/28
763ER-low J: CVG-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 9pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N192DN)
763ER-low J: SLC-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional MSP-ATL flight (N1605)
763ER-low J: ATL-CVG ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1605)
332: unscheduled downgrade from 333 on DTW-AMS-DTW route (N856NW)
764: ATL-HNL flight diverted to SFO - medical? (N829MH)
764: ATL-CDG flight diverted to BRU - weather? (N840MH)
7HD: NRT-DTW flight cancelled - tech (N863DA)
77L: ATL-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N701DN)
77L: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-AMS-DTW route (N701DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:22 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/29
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-FRA-JFK route (N180DN)
763ER-low J: TXL-JFK flight cancelled - tech (N199DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 738 on ATL-JFK flight (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from MD90 on ATL-MSP flight (N171DZ)
7HD: NRT-DTW rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N863DA)
77L: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N701DN)
333: ATL-GRU flight cancelled - tech (N801NW)
333: ATL-SEA ferry flight diverted to ATL - tech (N803NW)
333: SEA-AMS flight cancelled - tech (N803NW)
333: AMS-SEA flight cancelled - tech (N810NW)
359: ATL-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N510DN)
 
777Mech
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/29
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-FRA-JFK route (N180DN)
763ER-low J: TXL-JFK flight cancelled - tech (N199DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 738 on ATL-JFK flight (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from MD90 on ATL-MSP flight (N171DZ)
7HD: NRT-DTW rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N863DA)
77L: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N701DN)
333: ATL-GRU flight cancelled - tech (N801NW)
333: ATL-SEA ferry flight diverted to ATL - tech (N803NW)
333: SEA-AMS flight cancelled - tech (N803NW)
333: AMS-SEA flight cancelled - tech (N810NW)
359: ATL-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N510DN)


Another bad day for the 330s, ATL-GRU was cancelled because of unavailable equipment, as the upline AMS-ATL canceled with a severe turbulence inspection.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:55 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/30
763ER-low J: TXL-AMS-JFK rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N199DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-FRA-JFK route (N174DZ)
764: BRU-CDG-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N840MH)
7HD: DTW-MSP ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N863DA)
333: ATL-SEA ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N803NW)
333: SEA-AMS-MSP rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N803NW)
333: AMS-SEA rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N810NW)
333: SEA-MSP ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N810NW)
333: ATL-GRU rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N812NW)
333: JFK-MXP flight diverted to GOA - weather? (N822NW)
333: ATL-BCN flight diverted to MAD - weather? (N829NW)
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 2816
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm

What's the difference between 76Z and 76L?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:32 pm

flymco753 wrote:
What's the difference between 76Z and 76L?

76Z = 226 pax
76L = 211 pax.

Both are 763 aircraft.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:48 pm

flymco753 wrote:
What's the difference between 76Z and 76L?


lavalampluva wrote:
76Z = 226 pax
76L = 211 pax.

Both are 763 aircraft.


76L - 36/32/143 ... 211 total

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... r-76l.html

Image

76Z - 26/35/165 ... 226 total .. Version 1 (4 doors and 4 overwing exits)

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z1.html

Image

76Z - 26/2/171 ... 226 total .. Version 2 (6 doors - ex Gulf Air)

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US ... -76z2.html

Image
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 am

Seasonal adjustments begin...

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/31
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on BOS-CDG route (N172DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N177DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on CDG-BOS route (N186DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 11:30am JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N154DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-GRU-JFK route (N192DN)
763ER-low J unscheduled upgrade from 738 on JFK-ATL route (N199DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-CDG-CVG route (N1605)
332: unscheduled swap from 764 on 10am JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N859NW)
764: unscheduled swap from 333 on JFK-CDG route (N832MH)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on DTW-LHR-DTW route (N807NW)
333: scheduled additional JFK-ATL flight (N809NW)
333: scheduled additional ATL-SEA flight (N814NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/1
763: Double Daily ATL-LAX-ATL downgraded to 321 effective 9/1 (N1402A)
763: 8am ATL-SLC-ATL route upgraded from 321 daily effective 9/1 (N1402A)
763ER-low J: 7:30pm JFK-ATH flight downgraded from 333 effective 9/1 (N154DL)
763ER-low J: seasonal MSP-HNL route cancelled effective 9/1 (N155DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 321 on MSP-ATL route (N155DL)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional HNL-SEA flight (N181DN)
763ER-low J: seasonal 2nd daily NRT-HNL flight decrease to x36 effective 9/1 (N1201P)
763ER-low J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on 6pm JFK-LAX-JFK route (N169DZ)
763ER-low J: 6:00pm SEA-AMS flight downgraded from 333 effective 9/1 (N1603)
332: unscheduled downgrade from 333 on ATL-AMS-DTW route (N854NW)
332: scheduled swap from 764 on 10am JFK-LAX-JFK route (N859NW)
764: unscheduled swap from 333 on CDG-JFK route (N828MH)
764: scheduled swap from 333 on JFK-BCN-JFK route (N838MH)
333: AMS-DTW ferry flight following previous day's cancellation (N804NW)
333: SEA-ANC-PVG ferry flight - maintenance entry (N814NW)
333: scheduled additional AMS-BOS-AMS rotation (N821NW)
333: ATL-CDG route upgraded from 332 effective 9/1 (N830NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/2
763ER-high J: SLC-CDG route migrates from 3x-highJ/4x-lowJ to 7x-low J effective 9/1 (N185DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on CDG-DTW-CDG route (N16065)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-JFK route (N155DL)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional SEA-JFK flight (N181DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-NGO route seasonal decrease from daily to x57 effective 9/2 (N196DN)
332: DTW-FCO route downgraded from 333 to 332 effective 9/2 (N853NW)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on MSP-HND route (N863DA)
77L: ATL-LAX route upgrades from 321 on Sundays effective 9/2 (N705DN)
333: DTW-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N807NW)
333: scheduled additional ATL-LAX flight (N809NW)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on AMS-JFK route (N811NW)
 
jagraham
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:05 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/22
763ER-low J: MNL-NRT rescue flight following cancellation on 8/20 (N189DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL flight (N193DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from M90 on ATL-MSP route (N193DN)
763ER-low J: JFK-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1201P)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 359 on DTW-NRT-DTW route (N863DA)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SFO-ATL route (N804NW)

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 8/23
359: ATL-ICN flight diverted to MSP - tech (N506DN)


A refurbished (28 suites) 772 was swapped for a 359. I wonder if there was a problem with any of the Delta One passengers with this swap?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 am

jagraham wrote:
A refurbished (28 suites) 772 was swapped for a 359. I wonder if there was a problem with any of the Delta One passengers with this swap?

The answer is probably no. DL could have chosen any of the flights from DTW to Asia for the swap, they chose the one that impacted the least from a passenger and fleet perspective. I'm sure plenty of passengers hoping for upgrades were pissed off but paying Js have most likely all been accommodated.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/3
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-BRU-ATL route (N171DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 75W on 4pm JFK-SFO-JFK route (N186DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on CDG-DTW route (N16065)
763ER-high J: scheduled additional DTW-ATL-LAX flights (N16065)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-FRA-ATL route (N180DN)
763ER-low J: 9pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight upgrade from 75W effective 9/3 (N192DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-LAX-ATL route (N195DN)
763ER-low J: seasonal adjustment on HNL-FUK route, decreases to x14 effective 9/3 (N198DN)
763ER-low J: CVG-CDG migrates from 4x-high J & 3x-low J to daily low-J effective 9/3 (N1603)
332: scheduled swap from 764 on 7am JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N856NW)
332: 6pm DTW-CDG flight migrates from 763ER-low J effective 9/3 (N857NW)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on 7:30pm JFK-SFO-JFK route (N844MH)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on HND-LAX-HND route (N863DA)
333: scheduled additional JFK-ATL flight (N817NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/4
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-FRA-ATL route (N180DN)
763ER-low J: CVG-CDG seasonal decrease from Daily to x2 effective 9/4 (N181DN)
763ER-low J: MCO-GRU seasonal decrease from Daily to x2 effective 9/4 (N394DL)
763ER-low J: 4:30pm ATL-FCO flight migrates from 764 effective 9/4 (N190DN)
763ER-low J: seasonal ATL-LIS flight is cancelled effective 9/4 (N190DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 752 on LAX-HNL route (N191DN)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 319 on JFK-ATL route (N192DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-JFK-ATL route (N197DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX on 9/3 diverted to FUK - weather (N171DZ)
763ER-low J: ATL-ZRH seasonal decrease from Daily to x25 effective 9/4 (N172DZ)
763ER-low J: seasonal JFK-CPH flight is cancelled effective 9/4 (N174DZ)
763ER-low J: SCL-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N178DZ)
332: scheduled swap from 764 on 8:30am JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N856NW)
764: scheduled additional ATL-JFK flight (N831MH)
764: seasonal ATL-MXP flight is cancelled effective 9/4 (N840MH)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on 7:30pm JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N844MH)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on HND-MSP route (N863DA)
77L: scheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SEA route (N706DN)
333: 4:30pm ATL-AMS flight migrates from 77L effective 9/4 (N831NW)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 am

For those tracking these, N706DN is currently on her way to SIN via SEA for Delta Suite Mods. She will become the first 7HB frame once converted.
 
gsg013
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Please update As 777 head to get the D1 cabin and Premium Select added.

Delta 777 200ER & 200 LR Conversions to 7HD & 7HB (Total 18 Planes 8 ER | 10 LR)

777-200LR (0-10)
N701DN
N702DN
N703DN
N704DK
N705DN
N706DN-- Entering D1 Mods in SIN 9-5-2018
N707DN
N708DN
N709DN
N710DN

777-200ER (1-8)
N860DA
N861DA
N862DA
N863DA-- Exited SIN w/ D1 6-6-2018
N864DA
N865DA
N866DA
N867DA
 
NateGreat
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 am

gsg013 wrote:
Please update As 777 head to get the D1 cabin and Premium Select added.

Delta 777 200ER & 200 LR Conversions to 7HD & 7HB (Total 18 Planes 8 ER | 10 LR)

777-200LR (0-10)
N701DN
N702DN
N703DN
N704DK
N705DN
N706DN-- Entering D1 Mods in SIN 9-5-2018
N707DN
N708DN
N709DN
N710DN

777-200ER (1-8)
N860DA
N861DA
N862DA
N863DA-- Exited SIN w/ D1 6-6-2018
N864DA
N865DA
N866DA
N867DA

Didn’t I see at one time on here that second ER will enter mods later this month?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:38 am

NateGreat wrote:
Didn’t I see at one time on here that second ER will enter mods later this month?

Correct. I have conflicting information if it is going on 9/16-17 or 9/25-26.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:10 am

gsg013 wrote:
Please update as the 777s head to get the D1 cabin and Premium Select added.

Delta 777 200ER & 200 LR Conversions to 7HD & 7HB (Total 18 Planes 8 ER | 10 LR)

777-200LR (0-10)

N706DN-- Entering D1 Mods in SIN 9-5-2018

It will actually arrive and enter mods at SIN on Sept. 6th.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:39 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/5
763ER-high J: RDU-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N183DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on DTW-SEA route (N183DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on CDG-IND route (N1200K)
763ER-high J: IND-AMA ferry flight - paint hangar entry (N1200K)
763ER-high J: NRT-CAN ferry flight - maintenance entry (N1607B)
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from x26 to x236 effective 9/5 (N155DL)
763ER-low J: scheduled upgrade from 75W on 12pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N156DL)
763ER-low J: ATL-VCE route migrates from 764 effective 9/5 (N180DN)
763ER-low J: MCO-ATL ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N394DL)
763ER-low J: IND-CDG route decreases from Daily to x3 effective 9/5 (N181DN)
763ER-low J: seasonal PIT-CDG route cancelled effective 9/4 (N188DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-RDU ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N188DN)
763ER-low J: RDU-CDG route migrates from high-J effective 9/5 (N188DN)
763ER-low J: FCO-ATL flight cancelled - tech (N190DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from Daily to x3 effective 9/5 (N199DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX flight diverted to NGO - weather (N1201P)
763ER-low J: FUK-HNL rescue flight following diversion on 9/3 (N171DZ)
763ER-low J: EWR-CDG route migrates from high-J effective 9/5 (N173DZ)
763ER-low J: SCL-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N178DZ)
763ER-low J: MCO-AMS route decreases from Daily to x3 effective 9/5 (N1605)
332: scheduled additional JFK-ATL-DTW flights (N856NW)
764: MAD-ATL flight diverted to TER - medical (N826MH)
764: 8am JFK-LAX-JFK flight migrates from 75W effective 9/5 (N835MH)
764: ATL-BCN route migrates from 333 effective 9/5 (N836MH)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on 7:30pm JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N838MH)
772: maintenance entry on 9/2 (N867DA)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on MSP-HND route (N863DA)
77L: SEA-SIN ferry flight - maintenance entry (N706DN)
333: scheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SEA route (N817NW)
333: SEA-NRT-PVG ferry flight - maintenance entry (N817NW)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SEA-ATL route (N830NW)
359: NRT-DTW flight cancelled - weather (N505DN)
 
audidudi
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/5
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from x26 to x236 effective 9/5 (N155DL)
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from Daily to x3 effective 9/5 (N199DN)

Some conflicting info here...not sure why there are two separate entries for ATL>BRU listed above?
N155DL hasn't flown to BRU this month.
N199DN flew ATL>BRU on the 4th, flew BRU>JFK on the 5th and then flew JFK>AMS on the 5th.

Here is the ATL>BRU schedule taken directly from DL.com effective September 1st. This shows a daily flight x3 until the 8th, and then adds x7 effective the 10th.

Atlanta to Brussels (BRU)
Brussels Airport
- Sep-8 ATL 6:00p BRU 8:45a+1 1 2 - 4 5 6 7 DL0080 76W 0 8h 45m
Sep-10 - ATL 6:00p BRU 8:45a+1 1 2 - 4 5 6 - DL0080 76W 0 8h 45m
 
777Mech
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
Didn’t I see at one time on here that second ER will enter mods later this month?

Correct. I have conflicting information if it is going on 9/16-17 or 9/25-26.

I show that it'll be 7005 to induct in SIN on 9/18. So I'm guessing itll have to depart for SIN on the 16th.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:20 pm

audidudi wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/5
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from x26 to x236 effective 9/5 (N155DL)
763ER-low J: ATL-BRU route decreases from Daily to x3 effective 9/5 (N199DN)

Some conflicting info here...not sure why there are two separate entries for ATL>BRU listed above?

Should have said:
763ER-low J: JFK-ACC route decreases from x26 to x236 effective 9/5 (N155DL)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/6
763ER-high J: SEA-DTW-SEA route upgraded from 753 effective 9/6 (N171DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on 9pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N174DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 321 on SLC-JFK route (N152DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 321 on JFK-SLC route (N156DL)
763ER-low J: RDU-CDG route decreases from Daily to x4 effective 9/6 (N188DN)
763ER-low J: FCO-ATL rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N190DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-FCO route decreases from Daily to x4 effective 9/6 (N198DN)
763ER-low J: NGO-HNL rescue flight following previous day's diversion (N1201P)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX flight diverted to NGO - weather (N177DZ)
763ER-low J: ATL-MCO ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N178DZ)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on 7:30pm JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N844MH)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on HND-LAX-HND route (N863DA)
333: JFK-TLV flight cancelled - tech (N823NW)
359: NRT-DTW rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N505DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:36 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 9/7
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on 7:30pm JFK-SFO-JFK flight (N184DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX flight diverted to NGO - weather (N156DL)
763ER-low J: NGO-HNL rescue flight following previous day's diversion (N177DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on JFK-FRA-ATL route (N1602)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on 9pm JFK-LAX-JFK flight (N845MH)
7HD: unscheduled swap from 772 on HND-MSP route (N863DA)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on DTW-CDG-DTW route (N810NW)
333: NRT-PVG ferry flight - maintenance entry (N817NW)
333: JFK-TLV rescue flight following previous day's cancellation (N826NW)
 
User avatar
coronado
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 1999 9:42 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:44 am

It looks like A359 are showing a trend of increasing operational reliability overall in the last few weeks. It seems like fewer 'tech' cancelations. Is there a trend graph available?
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos