casinterest

Re: Allegiant expands VPS base to 21 nonstop destinations

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

william wrote:
KCaviator wrote:
Destin is just like any other trashy beach town (i.e. Myrtle Beach, PCB, Daytona, etc), but 30A is as classy as it gets. Beautiful beaches, homes, condos, local cuisine, very little commercialization.

I always got the impression Destin had a older demographic than Panama City Beach. What I want to know is why its two freaking hours to go six blocks in the afternoons in Destin? Where is the traffic coming from and going too?

US 98 is the only route in or out. Therefore when everyone wants to go shopping, to the beach, leave or enter town, then they are on that road. When I was younger, it was relatively quiet. Now that they built all those tall Condos, the summer is hell.

I love how they rebranded VPS ( Which is in Valparaiso/Eglin across the bay ) as the Destin FWB airport. Okaloosa County Regional is still a better name for it .
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

DeltaRules

Re: What is next for Allegiant

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 am

Speaking of Daytona, there's a rumor in another thread PIT-DAB might be in G4's future. Anyone heard anything to that effect?
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

CIDFlyer

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 am

william wrote:
KCaviator wrote:
Destin is just like any other trashy beach town (i.e. Myrtle Beach, PCB, Daytona, etc), but 30A is as classy as it gets. Beautiful beaches, homes, condos, local cuisine, very little commercialization.

I always got the impression Destin had a older demographic than Panama City Beach. What I want to know is why its two freaking hours to go six blocks in the afternoons in Destin? Where is the traffic coming from and going too?

I dont know if I would call it trashy, but it is heavily commercialized. I think of Destin as a bit more upscale though....it is really beautiful there. Traffic there in the winter can be a beast too. It seems busy all the time.

CIDFlyer

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Apparently more people go there from STL/BLV than I thought. It is currently scheuduled as daily from BLV during summer (the only daily route from BLV) and WN runs 1x daily (x2 Saturday) to ECP, Saturday only to PNS. Demand for that area is higher than I thought. I was really surprised they ran BLV-VPS year round this past year. I wouldn't have guessed there was much demand in winter. I am curious to see the loads.

as someone whose parents have wintered in this region for 20 years and I have gone and visited every 20, every flight I have taken to either PNS or VPS from MEM or ATL over the years has been packed or oversold. I see a lot of visitors coming to visit relatives and what not, and lots of people on golfing excursions. Its a beautiful part of Florida, it does get a bad rap for being the "cold" part of Florida in the winter, but it can be very nice there too. Temps are to be mid 70s all week there right now. I'd take it.

WaywardMemphian

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – begins June 6, 2018 with fares as low as $68.

About damn time, now where's FLL, MYS, BWI and AUS.

XNA2ASG

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – begins June 6, 2018 with fares as low as $68.

About damn time, now where's FLL, MYS, BWI and AUS.

Yes, this VPS service is going to tremendously make money I believe. Lots of people go to Destin from here and I was waiting for this route to start,

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos