Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

chalupas54

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:53 am

gerstetm wrote:
chalupas54 wrote:
gerstetm wrote:
Emailing an employee at STL about BA flights at Pittsburgh and their view on it. Looks like it’s this whole privatization thing keeping us back. What are your thoughts? “There is one very unique difference between STL and PIT, AUS and BNA. I can’t say what that difference is but google lambert. You’ll see. I feel like we’re doing our best and deserve service from a major network air carrier but with one big issue hanging over us. Believe me, what I hear from those air carriers l can’t repeat”.

Firstly, half of the employees are gagged about privatization. They can't and won't talk about it. Also, the privatization discussions will have NO impact on air service. Absolutely none. The only time we would see an impact is post-privatization. If you're going to make things up, I would encourage you to actually do research.

What did I make up? I actually have done research. Also, I never confirmed anything, I just went off of my conversation with somebody in the Route Devlopment Team. Privatization is the only major difference from STL and those cities. Which is why I thought maybe something behind all that is keeping BA coming.

I can tell you for an absolute fact no one on the route development team would ever even remotely say, or allude, to anything you said. As I stated, higher-ups at STL are legally gagged about privatization. They cannot comment on it.

chalupas54

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:12 am

N983AN wrote:
Maybe once the STL region can learn how to maintain and safely operate their light rail system and address its race relations challenges it can graduate to the big leagues and may get the attention of BA. But how do they expect to profitably fill seats particularly in the forward cabin? Hate to break it to people in Missouri but STL is at best stagnant and not really relevant on the national, let alone international stage.

Not entirely sure what your point is about safety on the MetroLink has to do with the topic at hand?

Racial challenges in STL and the US will take decades to solve. Singling out STL for race issues is a cheap shot, given that STL is far from the worst offender. From my research, PIT is even more segregated than STL. Since you brought it up, however, I actually encourage you to look at the litany of studies/reports/initiatives that have been launched after Ferguson, that have done immense work in bringing equity to St Louis. It's very insightful to look at. Typically when situations like Ferguson arise, cities and metros try to brush it under the rug. St Louis I would argue is one of the few who have recognized the issue and have made it a priority to reconcile with the past and build a brighter future.

STL would not have an issue selling seats in the F cabin. For reference, since I assume you know very little about the St Louis of 2018, the region is the 20th largest in the US with 10 Fortune 500s. Although the economy of Greater St Louis has stagnated over the last few decades, recent reports indicate that STL is starting to pick up steam again. But even with that, STL's economy is incredibly diverse and has a booming startup and tech scene that is attracting global talent.

The comment on relevancy is just...stupid, lol. Is STL the most relevant city on earth? No. Is it irrelevant? No. I would, however, attest that St Louis is far more relevant than Pittsburgh.

midway7

Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm

N983AN makes a point. My company does an annual conference in STL. We bring a lot of people in from the SE and East Coast. We used to do it downtown, but people were concerned about the safety situation downtown and the Metro as an option for transit from the airport. We moved it near the airport, and had to deal with the Ferguson situation for a couple years.

I am not saying this is exclusive to STL, but I will say we have looked at moving it for these specific reasons.

On the plus side, the airport is well operated and SW going over 100 flights a day has made the air transportation side much more palatable.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:38 pm

gerstetm wrote:
chalupas54 wrote:
gerstetm wrote:
Emailing an employee at STL about BA flights at Pittsburgh and their view on it. Looks like it’s this whole privatization thing keeping us back. What are your thoughts? “There is one very unique difference between STL and PIT, AUS and BNA. I can’t say what that difference is but google lambert. You’ll see. I feel like we’re doing our best and deserve service from a major network air carrier but with one big issue hanging over us. Believe me, what I hear from those air carriers l can’t repeat”.

Firstly, half of the employees are gagged about privatization. They can't and won't talk about it. Also, the privatization discussions will have NO impact on air service. Absolutely none. The only time we would see an impact is post-privatization. If you're going to make things up, I would encourage you to actually do research.

What did I make up? I actually have done research. Also, I never confirmed anything, I just went off of my conversation with somebody in the Route Devlopment Team. Privatization is the only major difference from STL and those cities. Which is why I thought maybe something behind all that is keeping BA coming.

I can't see how privatization talk matters except possibly in a positive. If the airlines don't want it, they can veto it. So it shouldn't be keeping anyone back. For all we know BA is going to be announced next month. So until I see how the rest of the TATL announcements this year play out, I don't really think there is any reason to speculate why STL didn't get something.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Obviously subject to change this far out but DL has STL-CVG going double daily every day of the week starting June 2019. It has been double daily m-f no flights on Sat and 1 on Sunday. So, 3 more weekly flights.

gerstetm

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm

chalupas54 wrote:
gerstetm wrote:
chalupas54 wrote:

I can tell you for an absolute fact no one on the route development team would ever even remotely say, or allude, to anything you said. As I stated, higher-ups at STL are legally gagged about privatization. They cannot comment on it.

I am just quoting what the employee said to me when I contacted them. The employee never said it was privatization, and never said what the problem was keeping us from getting a BA flight. In his statement that I already quoted he said “I can’t say what the difference is”. Never did he say anything about privatization. I was the only one saying ANYTHING about it might being privatization. That why I said it looks like. Privatization is the only main difference between STL and those other cities. I’m sorry that you feel that I have made this all up. Let’s just continue to hope BA is announced next month.
Last edited by gerstetm on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

777PHX

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Yeah, uh, no. If you were speaking to someone off the record, let's not out them over an e-pissing match.

chalupas54

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:03 pm

gerstetm wrote:
chalupas54 wrote:
gerstetm wrote:

I am just quoting what the employee said to me when I contacted them. The employee never said it was privatization, and never said what the problem was keeping us from getting a BA flight. In his statement that I already quoted he said “I can’t say what the difference is”. Never did he say anything about privatization. I was the only one saying ANYTHING about it might being privatization. That why I said it looks like. Privatization is the only main difference between STL and those other cities. I’m sorry that you feel that I have made this all up. Let’s just continue to hope BA is announced next month.

I have said it twice already. STL higher ups will not discuss route development with the public over email. This is where your fabrication is so obvious. Even in the highly unlikely event you got through and someone risked their employment and NDA penalities to talk to you, they would never say that STL 'lacked' or whatever phrasing you have ultimately selected. The reason I am mostly upset over these posts is that they actually can cause problems. Rumors make it hard for STL to do their jobs. Even if this 'alleged' conversation happened, I'm sure the employee you spoke with would be delighted to know that you exposed them online.

I think it goes without saying, but people actually involved in the industry read these boards. If someone speaks to you off the record, don't post it. You could seriously cost someone their job.

Trololzilla

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

midway7 wrote:
N983AN makes a point. My company does an annual conference in STL. We bring a lot of people in from the SE and East Coast. We used to do it downtown, but people were concerned about the safety situation downtown and the Metro as an option for transit from the airport. We moved it near the airport, and had to deal with the Ferguson situation for a couple years.

I am not saying this is exclusive to STL, but I will say we have looked at moving it for these specific reasons.

I've gotta say that it's really much more of a perception issue than it is an actual issue. Downtown, statistically, is actually fairly safe, and all-in-all, the crime stats for the entire metro aren't too far out of line with other similar U.S. metros. St. Louis gets a bad rap primarily due to inflated city crime statistics that are concentrated in a few areas - namely parts of North City - and the Metro East, and that are primarily gang-related. Combine that with local news stations and suburbanites that are all too eager to shit on the city for anything negative that occurs at all plus a small number of incidents that gained international notoriety and presto! Bad national image.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:30 am

STL is one of the first 15 airports to get the new CT security checkpoint scanners.

https://www.cnet.com/news/tsas-new-scan ... d=54937170

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 pm

I am a little curious what kind of impact the PGA Championship will have on traffic. I wouldn't expect up gauging in flights or anything but I would think there would be better loads. It won't be US Open level or anything but I would hope it would be pretty busy.

STLflyer

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Can you guys help me out with something? A conference room at work has a perfect view of planes landing on 30R. Very distracting for an avgeek like me and I always have FlightAware open on my laptop seeing what's coming from where.

Anyways, sometime this afternoon around 2:45ish, in between a UA 737 diversion from IAH, and a UA 757 diversion from LAX (both diverts from ORD due to storms), another plane landed. Appeared to be a 737 or A320 - I can't really tell them apart from this distance. It was white with some blue markings on it, no airline name that I could tell was on it, and it wasn't on FlightAware. Anyone know what it might have been?

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Can you guys help me out with something? A conference room at work has a perfect view of planes landing on 30R. Very distracting for an avgeek like me and I always have FlightAware open on my laptop seeing what's coming from where.

Anyways, sometime this afternoon around 2:45ish, in between a UA 737 diversion from IAH, and a UA 757 diversion from LAX (both diverts from ORD due to storms), another plane landed. Appeared to be a 737 or A320 - I can't really tell them apart from this distance. It was white with some blue markings on it, no airline name that I could tell was on it, and it wasn't on FlightAware. Anyone know what it might have been?

It's swift air. I've seen parked a fair amount this week at its gate.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ ... /MKJS/KSTL

STLflyer

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm

No, it definitely wasn't Swiftair because I was no longer in the conference room at 3:12 when FA says that one landed. I checked FlightAware when I saw it and there was nothing on the arrivals that would've identtified it.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:05 am

STLflyer wrote:
No, it definitely wasn't Swiftair because I was no longer in the conference room at 3:12 when FA says that one landed. I checked FlightAware when I saw it and there was nothing on the arrivals that would've identtified it.

No clue then. I drove by when when the DL 757 was landing and noticed the UA 757 but I must have just missed it.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:04 pm

So there is a passenger Qatar Airways A340 on the ground at STL. I can't find any record of it on flight aware. Anyone know why it is here? The airport twitter tweeted out pics of it.

EDIT: Apparently it came from Washington DC. Makes me think it might have been political since there isn't a tracker for it.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Updated my September frequency spreadsheet for all airlines.

Not much to note except that BLV will be lower than last year from G4. Not running JAX or FLL this winter. It will be way up for the year but is going to be down a bit on the back end. Not sure if that is related to getting rid of MD80s or not.

All below is different from August so could just be seasonal changes. I didn't do a September spreadsheet last year so I can't compare.
MSP also goes all mainline on DL.
DTW goes all RJ.

DL added a LGA and AA dropped one (although it is dropping 2 ERJ140s and adding a E175 so seat count won't be all that different.)

WN is down 1 flight to Midway from August.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

asiantourist

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
So there is a passenger Qatar Airways A340 on the ground at STL. I can't find any record of it on flight aware. Anyone know why it is here? The airport twitter tweeted out pics of it.

EDIT: Apparently it came from Washington DC. Makes me think it might have been political since there isn't a tracker for it.

Supposedly the Prime Minister of Qatar was in town. At least that's what I was told.

STLflyer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 pm

It’s registered to Qatar’s VIP division: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Amiri_Flight

Could it be related to the PGA championship?
Last edited by STLflyer on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

777PHX

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 pm

It’s an Amiri flight which is Qatari royalty and VIPs. I would venture to guess that visiting STL, it’s probably related to healthcare or Boeing.

Unrelated, but Qatar Airways has a destination website for STL, which I find interesting. It seems to be fairly well written too.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/destina ... louis.html

asiantourist

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:46 pm

777PHX wrote:
It’s an Amiri flight which is Qatari royalty and VIPs. I would venture to guess that visiting STL, it’s probably related to healthcare or Boeing.

Unrelated, but Qatar Airways has a destination website for STL, which I find interesting. It seems to be fairly well written too.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/destina ... louis.html

Maybe Qatar Airways is who the rumored August announcement will be about! :D

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 pm

I would guess it is Boeing. They signed a deal for fighter jets within the last year. Might just be coming over to visit the plant.

kavok

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:00 am

Jshank83 wrote:

All below is different from August so could just be seasonal changes. I didn't do a September spreadsheet last year so I can't compare.
DTW goes all RJ.

I find this very interesting that DL would be routing STL pax to MSP over DTW. From a geographic standpoint, it would seem that DTW is better positioned to serve STL for all points northeast, and to Europe. In fact, it is almost perfectly situated for those flights should you have to make a connection (granted nonstop would obviously be better).

DTW also has better TPAC options sans the HND flight. Now, obviously MSP is better positioned to serve the northern plains and western Canada, but how many pax from STL are actually flying there? A for the west coast, SLC is better positioned for those connections.

Don't get me wrong, MSP is a great airport and nice to connect in. But from STL, it would seem that DL would be routing pax mostly to ATL, SLC, and DTW... and less so to MSP just because of geography. Which is why I ask the question of why the RJs are going to DTW and mainline to MSP, and not the other way around.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:47 pm

kavok wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

DTW goes all RJ.

I find this very interesting that DL would be routing STL pax to MSP over DTW. From a geographic standpoint, it would seem that DTW is better positioned to serve STL for all points northeast, and to Europe. In fact, it is almost perfectly situated for those flights should you have to make a connection (granted nonstop would obviously be better).

DTW also has better TPAC options sans the HND flight. Now, obviously MSP is better positioned to serve the northern plains and western Canada, but how many pax from STL are actually flying there? A for the west coast, SLC is better positioned for those connections.

Don't get me wrong, MSP is a great airport and nice to connect in. But from STL, it would seem that DL would be routing pax mostly to ATL, SLC, and DTW... and less so to MSP just because of geography. Which is why I ask the question of why the RJs are going to DTW and mainline to MSP, and not the other way around.

The only thing I can think of is that they can spread out the connections going east (DTW,LGA,CVG,ATL). Going west it is only MSP and SLC. I am flying DL to Boston this weekend and I got thrown a bunch of LGA options as the layover. I like DTW better personally though and I try to use it when it makes sense.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Spirit is expecting an extra 1000 flights due to the PGA Championship next week.

https://kmox.radio.com/articles/spirit- ... ga-flights

TWA302

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Spirit is expecting an extra 1000 flights due to the PGA Championship next week.

https://kmox.radio.com/articles/spirit- ... ga-flights

I had a hunch they would have a "slight" increase in traffic.

jplatts

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
kavok wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that they can spread out the connections going east (DTW,LGA,CVG,ATL). Going west it is only MSP and SLC. I am flying DL to Boston this weekend and I got thrown a bunch of LGA options as the layover. I like DTW better personally though and I try to use it when it makes sense.

While DL doesn't currently serve SEA, LAX, BOS, JFK, or RDU nonstop from STL, DL has hubs at SEA, LAX, and JFK and focus cities at BOS and RDU. DL also already has nonstop service to Midwestern destinations other than MSP, DTW, and CVG out of SEA, LAX, BOS, JFK, and RDU.

DL could add nonstop service to at least SEA, LAX, BOS, and RDU out of STL. Is DL likely to add STL-SEA, STL-LAX, STL-BOS, or STL-RDU nonstop service anytime soon?

Midwestindy

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Could there be an Aer Lingus announcement forth coming?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.3585382

Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh confirmed on Friday that the airline planned to cut a shortlist of three possible North American destinations to a final two in coming weeks.
"He did not name any of the candidates, but sources suggest that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Montreal in Canada could feature on the list, along with a possible destination in the midwest.
“We hope to make an announcement in the next two to three weeks as to the location of those two new destinations,” Mr Kavanagh said.
Mr Kavanagh said that Aer Lingus was likely to begin flying to both from July 2019 and seats would go on sale following the announcement.
Next year Aer Lingus will begin adding 12 new Airbus A321 long range craft to its fleet.

stlgph

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:41 am

Unless I was drinking, I am pretty sure I think I made a comment of "while I don't see British Airways here, I could see Aer Lingus."
I've slept since then.

Ho hum :)

N383SW

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:00 am

stlgph wrote:
Unless I was drinking, I am pretty sure I think I made a comment of "while I don't see British Airways here, I could see Aer Lingus."
I've slept since then.

Ho hum :)

Lol... well I would think that (on the small chance) if EI chooses STL then I don’t think you’ll be seeing BA alongside them... unless.. in that scenario EI would do really and IAG would switch it to a BA route. I can’t imgajne a scenario where both BA and EI are in STL at the same time. Of course I am certainly no expert lol

Jshank83
Topic Author

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:41 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Could there be an Aer Lingus announcement forth coming?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.3585382

Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh confirmed on Friday that the airline planned to cut a shortlist of three possible North American destinations to a final two in coming weeks.
"He did not name any of the candidates, but sources suggest that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Montreal in Canada could feature on the list, along with a possible destination in the midwest.
“We hope to make an announcement in the next two to three weeks as to the location of those two new destinations,” Mr Kavanagh said.
Mr Kavanagh said that Aer Lingus was likely to begin flying to both from July 2019 and seats would go on sale following the announcement.
Next year Aer Lingus will begin adding 12 new Airbus A321 long range craft to its fleet.

PIT could get another European!? They are going to have more Europe cities than Pacific time zone cities at this pace.

stl07

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:52 am

A bunch of Volaris flights are available on their website to STL connecting via CUN on F9 for fair prices. Pretty cool!

Now we have Apple chartering the plane, Funjet selling tickets on the chartered section, and Frontier + Volaris selling tickets and connections on the remaining portion, not something you see everyday

stl07

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:14 am

https://flights.volaris.com/en-us/flights-to-st-louis

Nice writeup, I like how they prioritized STL before they did MSY and BNA or even CLT, who is getting service on them. CVG and CLE have one too.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:47 am

stl07 wrote:
https://flights.volaris.com/en-us/flights-to-st-louis

Nice writeup, I like how they prioritized STL before they did MSY and BNA or even CLT, who is getting service on them. CVG and CLE have one too.

Probably helps that we have a Cancun flight on F9 so that gives us more connection destinations than others.

usxguy

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 am

I wonder if Elite Airways will ever announce service to STL <grins>

Jshank83
Topic Author

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm

https://flightaware.com/live/findflight ... ation=KSUS

Fair amount of flights from Akron to SUS flights today of people coming from this weekends tourney to next weekend.

TWA302

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
usxguy wrote:
I wonder if Elite Airways will ever announce service to STL <grins>

I just woke up and might have a little grey hair, but I don’t get it.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:28 am

Stuff the airport is doing for the PGA champ. I fly out of C for the first time in forever this week, so I am excited to check some of it out.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38815200/lamb ... p-visitors

STLflyer

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:43 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Stuff the airport is doing for the PGA champ. I fly out of C for the first time in forever this week, so I am excited to check some of it out.

Holy crap, people volunteer to work the tournament? Seems like the PGA should be able to fairly pay people working the event.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 am

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Holy crap, people volunteer to work the tournament? Seems like the PGA should be able to fairly pay people working the event.

I think they only work one day and then get free tickets to all the other days.

symphonicpoet

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 am

Probably just doing simple stuff. Most big events have at least some volunteers. (Working as ushers, selling concessions, that sort of thing.) Sometimes it's a way to raise money for charity. My dad helped sell concessions at a Rams game to raise money for something. We used to have the Lions as ushers at the Hearnes center in Columbia MO for basketball games and concerts all the time. (Not sure if they were raising money, but I would guess that they were.) There are always volunteers at music festivals. (Good way to get a ticket.) It's just standard. It's a good way for fans to get access, really.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Just saw the first BDL-STL flight land. Didn't realize it was starting out on a -800. Guessing a lot of west coast connects since it feeds into that bank.

TWA302

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Yep! I am one of them. Perks are totally worth it. Work 4, 4 hour shifts get pass for all 7 days. You have to pay $175 for uniform.
http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/news/volunteer-registration-now-open-100th-pga-championship

TheLion

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:10 pm

So does anyone have any news on the new Europe destination/airline launch from STL that was rumoured to possibly be announced this week?

stl07

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm

TheLion wrote:
So does anyone have any news on the new Europe destination/airline launch from STL that was rumoured to possibly be announced this week?

Are u sure it was this week? If you are, then the only news is that it is not aer lingus.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:55 pm

I never heard anything about it coming this week. I would be a little surprised if it is. PGA is taking all the news cycle and the airport is even using ther stage all week for performances. So I kind of doubt the this week (although I would be happy to be wrong)

In other news Sun Country will be using Concource C (as most expected)

TWA302

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm

stl07 wrote:
TheLion wrote:

Are u sure it was this week? If you are, then the only news is that it is not aer lingus.

So I am doing the math on this. If and I mean BIG IF, EI decides to do DUB-STL, the 321 NEO will be right at the edge of performance. STL-DUB is 3,921 miles. Airbus says the 321 NEO range is 4,000. I can't see them using an A330 on this route. Their 757s don't have the legs for this (that I can calculate) either. Call me a pessimist, and I will eat crow if I am wrong. It just doesn't seem 'right'.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:35 pm

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
TheLion wrote:

So I am doing the math on this. If and I mean BIG IF, EI decides to do DUB-STL, the 321 NEO will be right at the edge of performance. STL-DUB is 3,921 miles. Airbus says the 321 NEO range is 4,000. I can't see them using an A330 on this route. Their 757s don't have the legs for this (that I can calculate) either. Call me a pessimist, and I will eat crow if I am wrong. It just doesn't seem 'right'.

I think they are planning on using the A321LR on the new routes. It has 4000 nm range and STL I think is 3400ish nm.

I still am not sure I see them running it but I don't think equipment will be an issue.

stlgph

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 pm

It would be a shame if Aer Lingus can't get here because of performance. A 321/757 type of plane would be great for St. Louis.

LambertMan

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
I never heard anything about it coming this week. I would be a little surprised if it is. PGA is taking all the news cycle and the airport is even using ther stage all week for performances. So I kind of doubt the this week (although I would be happy to be wrong)

In other news Sun Country will be using Concource C (as most expected)

This rumor originated from the Urban STL transportation message board.

I have my doubts about its validity. STL is firmly in the "prove it to me" category after being beaten out by several smaller, theoretically less desirable markets for the real prize - BA to LHR. Regional leaders are content to let the region fall hopelessly behind - just as they have here - as they focus on internal politics. Zero reason PIT gets that flight over STL. Zero.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos