Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 pm

STL doesn't want to be shown up by the CMH runway 5k and is having one of their own. Special Olympics fundraiser.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 68eba.html
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 am

I finished the February. Frequency to city by each airline spreadsheet.

Not a ton of changes.
Oak takes the month off on WN (but it was supposed to be 2 1/2 months and got reduced to a month)
DLs seasonal to MCO starts.
Puerto Vallartas seasonal starts up Swift
AA adds 11 weekly flights and a few more mainline.
Decatur switches from Air Choice One to Cape Air.
Allegiant adds 4 weeklys.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I see the new PDEW numbers are out so I will update that this weekend and I should finally finish my load factor spreadsheet also (although now I need to update it for October)
 
stl07
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:59 am

Jshank83 wrote:
I finished the February. Frequency to city by each airline spreadsheet.

Not a ton of changes.
Oak takes the month off on WN (but it was supposed to be 2 1/2 months and got reduced to a month)
DLs seasonal to MCO starts.
Puerto Vallartas seasonal starts up Swift
AA adds 11 weekly flights and a few more mainline.
Decatur switches from Air Choice One to Cape Air.
Allegiant adds 4 weeklys.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I see the new PDEW numbers are out so I will update that this weekend and I should finally finish my load factor spreadsheet also (although now I need to update it for October)

Thank you, this is very organized
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 am

The load factor spread sheet is completely up to date now. International is through July, Domestic through October.

The first tab has a summery of all of the airlines/routes for the year. There is a summery tab for each airline before individual tabs for each route from that airline. The individual tabs have to broken down by month. Summery tabs are by year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
The load factor spread sheet is completely up to date now. International is through July, Domestic through October.

The first tab has a summery of all of the airlines/routes for the year. There is a summery tab for each airline before individual tabs for each route from that airline. The individual tabs have to broken down by month. Summery tabs are by year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing



Thank you! This is VERY informative. Now, looking at the International numbers on XTRA, it would lend me to believe that WN could have some business opportunities to MBJ and PUJ non-strop from STL. That would be my bet. Seeing the SDJ is only around 50% that won't happen and will have to filter through HOU, DEN, etc. :-(
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

TWA302 wrote:

Thank you! This is VERY informative. Now, looking at the International numbers on XTRA, it would lend me to believe that WN could have some business opportunities to MBJ and PUJ non-strop from STL. That would be my bet. Seeing the SDJ is only around 50% that won't happen and will have to filter through HOU, DEN, etc. :-(


I think those make the most sense for WN to venture into next. PUJ runs twice weekly for a big chunk of the year (Jan-Aug), MBJ does for 2 months (Jun-July). They both run 1x weekly the rest of the year. I think Aruba would be fun but I am not sure I see WN taking a chance on it without any background here. The other two like you mentioned are probably safer picks. I am curious how the CUN flights have been doing. Since the upgraded them to daily over March it leads me to believe they haven't had any trouble selling them.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Sounds like tomorrow they are opening the bids from whoever is wanting to help the airport pick from future bids, from firms who want run the airport, if it privatizes.

Apparently we need to hire people to pick the people or something.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Sounds like tomorrow they are opening the bids from whoever is wanting to help the airport pick from future bids, from firms who want run the airport, if it privatizes.

Apparently we need to hire people to pick the people or something.



Makes sense! :banghead:
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

Article on the privatization status:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... 6af75.html

Editorial on it:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/colu ... 8a2d1.html

I still think this is a horrible idea.
 
PC12Fan
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:56 am

Jshank83 wrote:


Feeling a little pride with the error stated in the article. Photographer states the 757 was the first to land on the new runway. Nope - it was an MD-83 ironically an ex TWA bird that did it. I know because I was there and I took the pic of the Mad Dog in this link when I worked for STL.

http://webpages.charter.net/dandassow/Flight_2470.htm
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Still no pick for consultant.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... rport.html

A city of St. Louis committee on Wednesday failed to pick an advisory team to help it with privatizing St. Louis Lambert International Airport, according to Mayor Lyda Krewson's spokesman.

The committee, comprised of representatives from the offices of Krewson, Comptroller Darlene Green, Board of Aldermen President Lewis Reed and the city counselor, had said it would make the selection by the end of October. The request for proposals was issued in September. The city must select an advisory team if privatization is to move forward.

The spokesman, Koran Addo, could not immediately provide more information. Krewson's office had wanted to make the pick by the end of 2017 in order to keep financial markets interested in privatization, said one person familiar with the matter. It wasn't immediately clear what was holding up the process.

The consultants would not receive up-front money from the city, and would eventually be paid using money from the lease with a private operator, Linda Martinez, Krewson's deputy mayor for development, has said.

Facing perennial budget problems, former Mayor Francis Slay announced near the end of his term last year that the city would explore the move as a way to capture millions of dollars from a lease with an operator. He worked with Grow Missouri, a nonprofit funded by billionaire conservative activist and Slay supporter Rex Sinquefield, to craft an initial application for a Federal Aviation Administration program that would allow the move. The FAA in April gave the city preliminary approval to explore the privatization, and at least two companies — California-based Oaktree Capital and Australian firm Macquarie — have hired local lobbyists to help steer them through the process.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Looks like DL is adding a 3rd daily flight to SLC, starting in June. I would have rather have a flight to SEA or LAX but I guess I won't get choosy.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:19 pm

.
 
stl07
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Looks like DL is adding a 3rd daily flight to SLC, starting in June. I would have rather have a flight to SEA or LAX but I guess I won't get choosy.

Is the flight doing well or is it more of a WN blocker flight?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Looks like DL is adding a 3rd daily flight to SLC, starting in June. I would have rather have a flight to SEA or LAX but I guess I won't get choosy.

Is the flight doing well or is it more of a WN blocker flight?


I think it does pretty well. Over 80% loads most of the time. Not that that is the end all be all but its better than other DL routes. It is the best DL station from STL to get to the west coast. Might mean more people are flying it out west.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:53 am

Volaris flight diverted to STL. That isn't one you see here often.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VOI ... /MMQT/KSTL
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 am

 
Trololzilla
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:14 am

^ Man that Volaris flight practically got all the way to O'Hare before it had to divert to STL. Any reason given as to why?

Seems like that tweet is related - the timestamps can't be a coincidence.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:46 am

Trololzilla wrote:
^ Man that Volaris flight practically got all the way to O'Hare before it had to divert to STL. Any reason given as to why?

Seems like that tweet is related - the timestamps can't be a coincidence.



I know that had bad fog today. A bunch of cancelled flights. At 9:30ish they had no inbound flights so it must have been bad to have diversions and cancellations all day.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 am

They might have to run them through customs here. The fog isn't supposed to let up at MDW until it looks like noon tomorrow. Not sure what options they have if they can't land before then. I guess they could decide to fly them to ORD instead. It seems to have flights going in and out still.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Volaris flight diverted to STL. That isn't one you see here often.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VOI ... /MMQT/KSTL


Looks like it is finally leaving at 11:40 this morning.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 pm

From the Amazon RFP

Not sure when we got Etihad Airlines here......

Whoever proofread this thing did not do a good job.

Image

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos