Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Akiestar

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread 2018

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:22 am

While I know we take these ratings with a grain of salt, you can't deny that this is good news: Skytrax has now certified PR as a four-star airline! :eyepopping:

Congratulations to everyone at PR for this wonderful achievement! My loyalties aside, this makes me want to fly with you guys more.

Philippine Airlines (PAL) has been Certified with the 4-Star Airline quality ranking by SKYTRAX, the international air transport rating organisation.

Philippine Airlines achieved this coveted rating after Skytrax conducted a rigorous audit across the airline’s inflight and ground service for both international and domestic flights and noted major enhancements on its end-to-end passenger experience and distinct whole-hearted service called Buong Pusong Alaga.

Commenting on the 4-Star Airline Rating awarded to Philippine Airlines, Edward Plaisted, Skytrax CEO said: “this recognises the great improvements that the airline has introduced over the last 2 years, both in terms of product change and development and enhancement of the front-line staff service. New and retrofitted aircraft have played an important part in the quality improvement process, and this looks set to develop further when Philippine Airlines introduce the A350 into their fleet. We look for consistency of quality in the 4-Star rating, and we now entrust Philippine Airlines to ensure this is duly delivered to customers.”

SleeplessInZh

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:25 am

Congrats pal for the certified 4star by skytrax!!!the wait is over!

idp5601

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:38 am

Congratulations PAL! Now the hard part has begun: getting 5 stars.

Also, now that PR has a fourth star, I'm assuming it has just gotten more attractive for other airlines to invest in. I read an article about how PAL was going to get an investor once they get upgraded, so fingers crossed!

A few notes about the article though:

1. Still no mention of the potential 77W/A330 retrofits. Fingers crossed they get around to it once the A350s start service.
2. The new lounge will be 1250 sqm. To put that in perspective, that's about less than half the size of the TK lounge in IST, but more than double the floor area of the CX MNL lounge.
3. They mentioned something about PAL's new brand identity that will be rolled out to 'unify the look of PAL’s products'. Hint of a new livery, perhaps?

LurveBus

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 pm

airlineaddict wrote:
I posted this question on the now locked thread about DL ending service to Koror, Palau and Saipan from NRT: how long will the NRT-MNL flights on DL last? Maybe the flight is right sized now with the use of the 767-300? Anyone have insights on how the flights are performing?

Must admit one 767-300 is such a departure from the days when NW/DL had multiple 747s flying into MNL.

MNL-Tokyo flights are quite high-yielding given the stage length. Even LCCs can command quite premium prices. I’d say that DL will be keeping this route on that note alone.

Yahnih

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 am

Congrats PAL! They’ll prolly roll out some promo material similar to LH and their 5 stars.. looking forward for a refreshed livery. I was able to try out their new a330 cabin during December..it was quite nice and the business seats are much more nicer and warmer in person than pictures. I’m hoping mood lighting is installed in the new a350s.

idp5601

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 am

Yahnih wrote:
Congrats PAL! They’ll prolly roll out some promo material similar to LH and their 5 stars.. looking forward for a refreshed livery. I was able to try out their new a330 cabin during December..it was quite nice and the business seats are much more nicer and warmer in person than pictures. I’m hoping mood lighting is installed in the new a350s.
Isn't mood lighting standard on the A350?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

idp5601

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 am

Also, now that Airbus is halting all deliveries for the PW-engined A320neos for now , I'm assuming PAL will be affected again?

idp5601

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:26 am

In other news, Honeywell has just offered its new Smartpath system to MNL to help decongest the airport.

Brian Davis, Honeywell Aerospace vice president, said the technology, called Smartpath Precision Landing System (Smartpath), could help reduce congestion at Naia as it provides pilots with up to 48 landing solutions.

Naia currently uses the instrument landing system (ILS). Davis said while ILS was effective, Smartpath uses global positioning system that protects it from signal interference to which ILS is susceptible.

Through Smartpath, Davis said “you can actually bring an aircraft in from different directions.”

SleeplessInZh

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 pm

I need more infos about the 797.which airline is the the launch costumer?any news about the 797?

SleeplessInZh

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 pm

idp5601 wrote:
Also, now that Airbus is halting all deliveries for the PW-engined A320neos for now , I'm assuming PAL will be affected again?

I don't think so for the 321neos.i hope not:-(((((

SleeplessInZh

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm

I have the feeling that pal will order B797 by 2025.as they will outphase their 777 with 350-1000s.i don't know why...its just a feeling.they need boeing in their fleet.thats the 797.haha

cityairline

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 am

Congratulations PAL to the four stars! A great achievement!
Let’s hope they can (eventually) reach five stars aswell, just as they wish...

idp5601

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 am

The Aboitiz x Ayala x Alliance x LT x Filinvest x JG Summit x Metro Pacific x Changi consortium has now submitted its long awaited proposal for the rehabilitation and improvement of NAIA, priced at ₱350billion.

'The into two phases. Phase 1 includes improvements and expansion of terminals in the current NAIA land area, while phase 2 involves the development of an additional runway, taxiways, passenger terminals and associated support infrastructure.
“Through this proposal, we envision a new NAIA: a fully-integrated premier gateway that we Filipinos can truly be proud of, backed by the know-how of an experienced technical partner and the strong synergy of seven homegrown teams. The message is clear: we need this, and we can get this done,” said consortium spokesperson Jose Emmanuel Reverente. He added that the proposal included a people mover that would link all three terminals and connect NAIA to the existing mass transport system in Metro Manila, as well as an option for a third runway.
“The proposal involves expanding and interconnecting the existing terminals of NAIA, upgrading airside facilities, and developing commercial facilities to increase airline and airport efficiencies, enhance passenger comfort and experience, and improve public perception of NAIA as the country’s premier international gateway,” Reverente noted.

“Given the full support and commitment of each of the seven consortium members and the existing infrastructure already in place, the project implementation can be expedited. Immediate enhancements and capacity upgrades can be expected within a couple of years, followed by further expansion to be completed shortly after,” Reverente added. '

Source: https://business.inquirer.net/245915/p3 ... e-proposed

The most interesting part about this is their plan to build not just one more runway, but two. If this plan goes through, where will they get the land? Will they have to buy up the surrounding areas? I hope they include legal fees in their proposed budget if this was what they were going to do!

inferno

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 am

I think trying to expand NAIA is a bad idea. I expect a lot of right of way issues and the airport might end up deformed and incomplete because of this, just like Narita's issues with those pesky land owners until now. There are so much well-established areas surrounding NAIA like Baclaran, Sucat, e-city and the under construction FTI Taguig.

idp5601

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Looks like PAL are considering an order for the A350-1000.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-pal-h ... KKCN1FZ0KR

Devilfish

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

idp5601 wrote:
Any update on the PAL T2 Annnex? Are they going to push through with it separately, or will they roll it over to the super consortium's proposal?

Not anymore apparently, given the much expanded scope of the super consortium's proposal.

idp5601 wrote:
The Aboitiz x Ayala x Alliance x LT x Filinvest x JG Summit x Metro Pacific x Changi consortium has now submitted its long awaited proposal for the rehabilitation and improvement of NAIA, priced at ₱350billion.

https://business.inquirer.net/wp-conten ... 24x772.jpg

Interestingly, note how the proposal closely mirrors the photoshopped scheme in #65. The planned circumferential roadway even highlights the urban renewal limits in front of the terminals as suggested in the previous Philippine Aviation thread. The pricetag probably takes into account the huge increase in project scope.

idp5601 wrote:
The most interesting part about this is their plan to build not just one more runway, but two. If this plan goes through, where will they get the land? Will they have to buy up the surrounding areas?

Two new runways is a moonshot...an additional parallel runway for Phase II (who knows when?) is theoretically possible if they could buy out the properties adjacent to the airfield.

idp5601 wrote:
Looks like PAL are considering an order for the A350-1000.

Here it is at NAIA.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWAuBDZVoAAFa0A.jpg

It could work well in PR's fleet and would look right at home in the super consortium's conceptual design above.

idp5601

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:32 am

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/02/15/ ... -terminals

MIAA GM Monreal apparently still wants to rationalize T2 and T3 by this year, which raises some questions about PAL's new lounge. Will they have to halt construction or continue and just build another one in wherever terminal their international flights get moved to?

Devilfish

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 pm

idp5601 wrote:
MIAA GM Monreal apparently still wants to rationalize T2 and T3 by this year, which raises some questions about PAL's new lounge. Will they have to halt construction or continue and just build another one in wherever terminal their international flights get moved to?

The "trapos" are just inveigling themselves into positions of power after learning of the massive cost of the NAIA redevelopment, to better influence the outcome. This doesn't bode well for the project and could be the seed of another fiasco.

https://aviationnewsphilippines.files.w ... /11/t1.jpg

If it were up to me, I'd just transfer all PAL ops to T1 (which PR could fully utilize given the number of new aircraft joining its fleet)...and let the other airlines duke it out among themselves at T2, T3 and T4. :box: The LCCs could move to CRK as previously intended all along.

Meanwhile, here's a sharper panoramic image of the SC's conceptual design from SkyscraperCity..... :wideeyed: .....

http://bworldonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... 021418.jpg

We are still waiting to see Megawide/GMR's proposal which is rumored to rival the super consortium's in grandness. :shock:

Devilfish

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:36 am

Of course in passing, one cannot avoid comparing design, scope and price with current projects like EWR Terminal One...which is bigger and looks more majestic at a fraction of the touted cost of NAIA's modernisation... :confused: ...

https://www.airport-technology.com/news ... -contract/

Quote:
"The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the US has awarded a $1.41bn contract to Tutor Perini/Parsons joint venture (JV) for the design and construction of the new domestic Terminal One at Newark Airport.

The new terminal will span over a one-million square foot area, featuring 33 gates. It is designed with an aim to improve passengers’ experience of their travel.

The Terminal One Redevelopment programme will provide a better roadway network and parking space for approximately 3,000 cars, in addition to providing other infrastructure enhancements."

idp5601

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 am

Devilfish wrote:
Of course in passing, one cannot avoid comparing design, scope and price with current projects like EWR Terminal One...which is bigger and looks more majestic at a fraction of the touted cost of NAIA's modernisation... :confused: ...

https://www.airport-technology.com/news ... -contract/

Quote:
"The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the US has awarded a $1.41bn contract to Tutor Perini/Parsons joint venture (JV) for the design and construction of the new domestic Terminal One at Newark Airport.

The new terminal will span over a one-million square foot area, featuring 33 gates. It is designed with an aim to improve passengers’ experience of their travel.

The Terminal One Redevelopment programme will provide a better roadway network and parking space for approximately 3,000 cars, in addition to providing other infrastructure enhancements."

To be fair, this is only just one terminal and not the redevelopment of the entire EWR complex, unlike what the superconsortium wants for MNL.

idp5601

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:44 am

According to someone on SSC, Rep Alvarez wants to split 5J's move their domestic operations to NAIA T2 and CRK, which would mean that some of their current flights would be split evenly between T2 and Clark. If they do not do it within 45 days the House will start the process of revoking CebPac's franchise. His allies are basically going to have to go with the flow on this one, because if they don't Congress's idiot-in-chief says they will lose their funding.

Obviously while I am all for LCCs moving to CRK (as was the plan many many moons ago), I would've expected better from Alvarez, who let's not forget [bold]used to be transportation secretary [/bold]. Moving between terminalsand airports in that timeframe would be a logistical nightmare, and 5J would have to work double overtime lest they risk losing their franchise, and not to mention the poor passengers who would be affected by a hasty move. While I would be assuming that CebPac would be emailing ticket holders about the impending change, not everyone will get it and some (most likely elderly passengers) will inevitably end up at T3 on the official day of the move only to find out they have to go to T2, or worse, CRK to catch their flight. The only good thing about this for 5J is that they already do operate at Clark, so that would hopefully make it at least a little less difficult for them.

amadorE175

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 am

idp5601 wrote:
According to someone on SSC, Rep Alvarez wants to split 5J's move their domestic operations to NAIA T2 and CRK, which would mean that some of their current flights would be split evenly between T2 and Clark. If they do not do it within 45 days the House will start the process of revoking CebPac's franchise. His allies are basically going to have to go with the flow on this one, because if they don't Congress's idiot-in-chief says they will lose their funding.

About how many flights would be moving to CRK? CRK isn't exactly busy but I wonder about I imagine the gate area being fairly crowded if 5J schedules flights fairly close together.

VolvoBus

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am

idp5601 wrote:

Obviously while I am all for LCCs moving to CRK (as was the plan many many moons ago), I would've expected better from Alvarez, who let's not forget [bold]used to be transportation secretary [/bold]. Moving between terminalsand airports in that timeframe would be a logistical nightmare, and 5J would have to work double overtime lest they risk losing their franchise, and not to mention the poor passengers who would be affected by a hasty move. While I would be assuming that CebPac would be emailing ticket holders about the impending change, not everyone will get it and some (most likely elderly passengers) will inevitably end up at T3 on the official day of the move only to find out they have to go to T2, or worse, CRK to catch their flight. The only good thing about this for 5J is that they already do operate at Clark, so that would hopefully make it at least a little less difficult for them.

With the state of the country's transport infrastructure, Alvarez's past term as Transport Secretary is hardly a ringing endorsement.

His allies are going to have to make a very hard choice whether to support this or not. CebPac will almost undoubtedly take this to court, claiming that it unfairly benefits PAL as their domestic flights from CRK can no longer connect with their international operations at MNL. Also, do not overlook the fact that the CEO of CebPac is Lance Gokongwei, and the JG in JG Summit of the super-consortium stands for John Gokongwei ,his father. Upsetting one of the major business conglomerates ,and it could just as easily have been Lucio Tan (PAL) is hardly the best tactic if you want to take the begging bowl round to get yourself re-elected.

On another shoot from the lip topic, has there been any follow through on Pres Duterte's demand for MIASCOR to cease operations and return all equipment at CRK (not sure about MNL ) by the end of January?

Devilfish

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 pm

idp5601 wrote:
To be fair, this is only just one terminal and not the redevelopment of the entire EWR complex, unlike what the superconsortium wants for MNL.

It is good to have points of comparison if only to ensure that the project doesn't come out as (pardon the expressions) "lutong-makaw" or "lutong-bumbay" like "curry-kare". :sly: :wink2:

idp5601

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 am

Devilfish wrote:

Looking at the proposal, it looks like T1 and T2 will basically be merged, T2 will expand to cover the old Nayong Pilipino area, while there seems to be no expansion for T3 (correct me if I'm wrong, though). T4 is nowhere to be seen (probably because of the angle of the artist's perspective, although this might mean the NSC might want to create a new terminal to replace it).

idp5601

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:26 am

(sorry for the second successive post - missed out on the editing timeframe so I have to create a new one).

As for the interiors, I'm expecting refurbishments from minor to major, depending on the terminal. For Terminal 3, I'm expecting them to plan on making it look less rundown (I hear the situation there has worsened after some airlines moved there from T1). For Terminal 2, I'm assuming they'd want better lighting (to make it look less of an office) and improved restrooms (actually, this probably goes for ALL the terminals - the new restrooms at CEB put all of them to shame). I'm expecting Terminal 1 to be their main focus for uplifting work, because to be honest, even after the recent renovations, it STILL feels like an 80s time capsule, only this time brighter and spruced up. Some things they might want to do include more seating landside and better lighting and higher ceilings (if possible) airside, among other things. I don't expect a lot of work on T4, thouogh - probably just a few cosmetic changes and the aforementioned toilet work.

In the flight operation side of things, I'm assuming they'd want the Honeywell Smartpath system (or something similar) I mentioned a few posts ago to open up new slots should airlines want to operate more flights/start flying in and out of MNL. This will probably at best be a medium-term solution until they get to build a second parallel runway for Phase 2 (if possible).

Devilfish

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 am

idp5601 wrote:
Looking at the proposal, it looks like T1 and T2 will basically be merged, T2 will expand to cover the old Nayong Pilipino area, while there seems to be no expansion for T3 (correct me if I'm wrong, though). T4 is nowhere to be seen (probably because of the angle of the artist's perspective, although this might mean the NSC might want to create a new terminal to replace it).

According to this report, the existing terminals will be improved and expanded under Phase 1 of the project which will cost P100B and take 4 years... :confused: ...

https://beta.philstar.com/business/2018 ... evaluation

Quote:
"The NAIA consortium tapped Changi Airports International Pte. Ltd. to provide technical support in the areas of master planning, operations, optimization and commercial development.

Under Phase 1 of the proposal, the consortium would undertake improvements and expand the terminals in the current NAIA land area at a cost of P100 billion within 48 months.

After Phase 1 is completed, NAIA is expected to increase its capacity to 65 million passengers per year."

That's a very long time just for upgrades and expansion. I think, given the P100B figure, that the new concourse linking T1 and T2 comprise the expansion portion....as well as the new structure added at the western end of T3, but the next paragraph says "terminals". The huge PTB and aircraft gates in the foreground are totally new construction and would justify the 4-year timetable though it's not clear whether it is included in Phase 1. Likewise, it's not definite when the start of Phase 2 would be...., .

"Under Phase 2, the consortium will work on the development of an additional runway, taxiways, passenger terminals and associated support infrastructure.

The proposal includes a people mover to link NAIA’s terminals and connect the airport to existing mass transport in Metro Manila, as well as the option to build a third runway.

Construction of the additional runway would allow NAIA to meet higher passenger traffic and handle up to 100 million passengers per year."

As for T4, it is probably covered under this.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/naia-term ... u-pacific/

Quote:
"Manila International Airport Authority (Miaa) General Manager Eddie V. Monreal, for one, told the BusinessMirror that they are embarking on a P600-million renovation of the Naia Terminal 2.

This is meant 'to enlarge it and accommodate PAL [Philippine Airlines] and Cebu Pacific, purely for domestic operations.

The Naia 2 and Naia 4 [Manila Domestic Airport] would be for purely domestic flights, while Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 would be purely for international flights,' Monreal stressed.

He said the face-lift is scheduled for completion in 18 months from the awarding of contract.

'We’re in the process of procurement; there is no definite date yet,' Monreal said, adding that the fund would be sourced from Miaa’s purse."

idp5601 wrote:
As for the interiors, I'm expecting refurbishments from minor to major, depending on the terminal. For Terminal 3, I'm expecting them to plan on making it look less rundown (I hear the situation there has worsened after some airlines moved there from T1).

Not to single out anybody but the situation at T3 is largely the result of crowding at the domestic and LCC operations there.

idp5601 wrote:
I'm expecting Terminal 1 to be their main focus for uplifting work, because to be honest, even after the recent renovations, it STILL feels like an 80s time capsule, only this time brighter and spruced up.

T1 received most of the recent upgrade work and I must say after returning from there last week that it was a more pleasant experience transiting through it than T3. Alas, the 80's vibe remains for it is a creature of that period. Let us see what the Super Consortium have in store for it if they win.

idp5601

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am

Devilfish wrote:
:
"Manila International Airport Authority (Miaa) General Manager Eddie V. Monreal, for one, told the BusinessMirror that they are embarking on a P600-million renovation of the Naia Terminal 2.

This is meant 'to enlarge it and accommodate PAL [Philippine Airlines] and Cebu Pacific, purely for domestic operations.

The Naia 2 and Naia 4 [Manila Domestic Airport] would be for purely domestic flights, while Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 would be purely for international flights,' Monreal stressed.

He said the face-lift is scheduled for completion in 18 months from the awarding of contract.

'We’re in the process of procurement; there is no definite date yet,' Monreal said, adding that the fund would be sourced from Miaa’s purse."

Speaking of the NAIA reshuffling, I wonder where PAL is going to end up moving its international operations - I don't think LT/JJB and co are too keen on operating at all terminals. While I know PAL already has its ME flights leave and US flights arrive at T1, I strongly believe they should consolidate their international flights at T3. Why? Well, because of T3 being larger. While I know maximum pax handling capacity really doesn't matter anymore for an airport bursting at the seams, I think PAL would do itself a disservice if they moved all international flights to T1. Remember that they want to expand further into the US and Western Europe, and a 6.6 million/year handling capacity would barely be enough for their ambitious expansion plans. Add to that the fact that locating PAL at T3 would be better because they can actually share a terminal with their codeshare partners and/or fellow alliance members when they finally get to join an alliance (and I believe it's only a matter of time), which would make international-international transfers less of a pain (and I know PR are starting to capitalize on connecting traffic).

The777Man

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm

If they are willing to spend so much money on their own, why don't they get foreign investments or involve the government and build a new airport from scratch? Even if they build a second runway, the runways will not be far apart enough to meet ICAO requirements for separate operations.

This redevolpment still feels like a stop gap measure. They will need a higher capacity for Manila than 85 million at some point.

The777Man

VolvoBus

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Looking at the Inquirer picture of the proposal, and comparing it to Google maps, the two do not seem to match, unless I am going cross-eyed.

Per Google, the road running from T2 towards T1 is parallel to the runway as far as the end of the fuel tanks and FedEx/DHL ramp and the turns 45 degrees to T1. On the proposal, the T2 extension continues to the central portion of T1,which means that the northern arm of T1 will have to be demolished.

It also seems that the existing entrance to T1 is to be retained (and possibly rebuilt),so presumably this will still contain check-in,customs and immigration ( and Office of OFW ) facilities. Where these will be placed for international-domestic transferees I have no idea. Perhaps one of the local contributors could comment.

I am also intrigued by both the costing and timescale. The whole plan for MNL was quoted as PHP 350 bn(US$ 7 bn) so this leaves PHP 250 bn for phase 2 which will be a new runway ( on land that has to be acquired and cleared ) and asociated taxiways and, apparently, another terminal and preumably access. Phase 1 seems very expensive in comparison to the new EWR terminal,for example, at US$ 1.4 bn. The timescale on go-ahead seems optimistic, with reviews by MIAA, Dept of Transport and National Economic Development Agency likely to be at least 6 months followed by a 'Swiss Challenge' as it is an unsolicited project. With 4 years planned for work, Phase 2 is highly unlikely to break ground before the end of Pres Duterte's term, so all plans and agreements are likely to be torn up and thrown into the air amid a cloud of corruption allegations by the incoming administration.

I apologise to the ( I presume ) Filipino contributors to this thread, but following general political and economic events somewhat sporadically, cynicism has overwhelmed me.

Devilfish

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am

idp5601 wrote:
Speaking of the NAIA reshuffling, I wonder where PAL is going to end up moving its international operations - I don't think LT/JJB and co are too keen on operating at all terminals. While I know PAL already has its ME flights leave and US flights arrive at T1.

PAL will also open a new lounge on the 4th Floor of T1.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/pals-airc ... 2-billion/

Quote:
"A new Mabuhay Lounge at the fourth floor of Naia Terminal 1 will likewise be opened, covering 750 sq m, for its passengers departing at that terminal."

That lounge would likely be expanded once transfer of PAL's international operations to T1 becomes definite. PAL could still use their lounge under construction at T2 since their domestic ops will remain there, although its likely they would share it with other T2 airlines for a fee.

idp5601 wrote:
I strongly believe they should consolidate their international flights at T3. Why? Well, because of T3 being larger. While I know maximum pax handling capacity really doesn't matter anymore for an airport bursting at the seams, I think PAL would do itself a disservice if they moved all international flights to T1.

Even if T3 is larger, PAL would again be sharing the terminal with all the other airlines who moved from T1. PR could function more efficiently at T1 alone plus it would be more convenient and comfortable for their passengers not having to jostle with others for space.

idp5601 wrote:
Remember that they want to expand further into the US and Western Europe, and a 6.6 million/year handling capacity would barely be enough for their ambitious expansion plans. Add to that the fact that locating PAL at T3 would be better because they can actually share a terminal with their codeshare partners and/or fellow alliance members when they finally get to join an alliance (and I believe it's only a matter of time), which would make international-international transfers less of a pain (and I know PR are starting to capitalize on connecting traffic).

Bear in mind that they'd have that handling capacity all to themselves. They're managing just fine at present with their codeshare partners...and IMO, the right time to join an alliance and take advantage of connecting traffic is when construction of that huge PTB is finished and all associated systems and access infrastructure are complete and ready for it to be a proper transit hub. PAL will need a terminal to operate from before all those are in place.

The777Man wrote:
If they are willing to spend so much money on their own, why don't they get foreign investments or involve the government and build a new airport from scratch?

Would they want the Government anywhere near their money?

The777Man wrote:
This redevolpment still feels like a stop gap measure. They will need a higher capacity for Manila than 85 million at some point.

The two-airport scheme is a stopgap measure! It's anybody's guess when and where the permanent solution would be :!: :old:

VolvoBus wrote:
Per Google, the road running from T2 towards T1 is parallel to the runway as far as the end of the fuel tanks and FedEx/DHL ramp and the turns 45 degrees to T1. On the proposal, the T2 extension continues to the central portion of T1,which means that the northern arm of T1 will have to be demolished.

Both satellites are going to be affected if you'd look closer. The proponent seems to think that's more efficient versus retaining the old configuration and the existing aircraft apron.

VolvoBus wrote:
It also seems that the existing entrance to T1 is to be retained (and possibly rebuilt),so presumably this will still contain check-in,customs and immigration ( and Office of OFW ) facilities. Where these will be placed for international-domestic transferees I have no idea.

Before, I was also thinking that the transfer desk would be after immigration and customs, somewhere around that small structure at the corner of T1 and just connected to T2 by a secure bridge running along the jetblast fence, which could terminate at T2's extended concourse at the end of the cargo facility. With their scheme, it'd likely be at the former satellites location.

SleeplessInZh

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 pm

https://youtu.be/9D-s-__7IZ4

A new video from dj aviation about pal's A350-1000

VolvoBus

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 pm

@Devilfish

Looking again at the planned redevelopment, I still do not see that the southern satellite of T1 will be affected beyond a possible rebuild. It seems to me that it becomes the angled pier shown on the plan.

Monreal's plan to have T2 as domestic and T1 and T3 international strikes me as farcical. In the pre-development stage,what allowance has been made for the transfer of domestic-international (and vice versa) passengers between terminals ?

Post-development,are the new gates to be in T1 or T2, or will they be designed for dual-use ?
Currently, T1 international passengers exit customs about 40m from kerbside.As virtually all of T1's current users are foreign, this is reasonable, as they likely have relatively few transferees to domestic flights. PAL in T2 and CebPac in T3 make their transfers in the same building.

Under the Monreal plan,T1 transfers will either have to return through the terminal,which does not appear to be planned for this, or use some form of land transport which again does not appear to be planned for. T3-T2 transfers do not even have the first option.

T2-T1 transfers are at first glance in a better position, as they can pass through the new gate area.However,as Domestic to International passengers,they have at some point to clear immigration ( and Office of OFW in many cases ).The simplest solution is to move T2 immigration to some point in the newly constructed area, and do away with the necessity of customs in T2. T3-T2 transfers have the same problem as the reverse.

The major dust-up is going to occur over who gets T1 international flights and who gets T3. Neither PAL nor CebPac are going to be happy having to use T2/T3, and both will be unhappy with having to use T1/T3.

T4 could probably be realistically left to AirAsia Philippines, and any airlines like JejuAir, Vanilla etc. who want additional services have to go to CRK, as their passengers are almost certainly Manila-bound and not transferring.

SleeplessInZh

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

With that money,the can already build a new airport.what a waste.vietnam is building a new airport and even kathmandu in nepal will have a beautiful secondary airport.what country is next after decades of studies?papua new guinea?

idp5601

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:12 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
With that money,the can already build a new airport.what a waste.vietnam is building a new airport and even kathmandu in nepal will have a beautiful secondary airport.what country is next after decades of studies?papua new guinea?

You do realise that 350 billion pesos is less than half the price of the new Long Thanh airport right?

Also, I don't see the problem of keeping NAIA as the main international hub if we can improve the overall experience and expand it to the 100 million ppa capacity the consortium wants. Constructing a brand new airport from scratch would take a lot of time, time that we cannot afford to waste. An expansion of the current terminals is what MNL badly needs right now, especially given the capacity constraints all the terminals are going through. It would also be nice to have a major gateway actually inside the metro, which is a nice change from big airports being quite a long ways away from the city.

The777Man

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm

idp5601 wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:

You do realise that 350 billion pesos is less than half the price of the new Long Thanh airport right?

Also, I don't see the problem of keeping NAIA as the main international hub if we can improve the overall experience and expand it to the 100 million ppa capacity the consortium wants. Constructing a brand new airport from scratch would take a lot of time, time that we cannot afford to waste. An expansion of the current terminals is what MNL badly needs right now, especially given the capacity constraints all the terminals are going through. It would also be nice to have a major gateway actually inside the metro, which is a nice change from big airports being quite a long ways away from the city.

Completely disagree; the current terminals work fine for now.

A new airport can be built from scratch in about the same time it would take to reconfigure NAIA according to the proposals. You can build a new airport in perhaps 4 years.

The777Man

SleeplessInZh

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:32 pm

They need to upgrade naia,i have to agree on that.but with that amount of money?but i should better not talk anymore about this airport issue.it only gives me headache.for me,its better to talk and read about pal.i will no longer loose words,so sorry.

SleeplessInZh

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

https://youtu.be/baRUsC3fVhc

PAL'S FIRST A350 UNDERGOING FINAL ASSEMBLY @TOULOUSE

SleeplessInZh

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Unfortunetly in german

Traveler312

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Hey guys!. Long time a.net fan, first time questioner.. So

Headed to the Philippines next month fo the first time with friends and our last stop is Boracay. We have a 715AM PAL flight into Manila arriving at 830AM, the connect to Asiana's 12:15PM flight to Seoul. I have noticed on line a huge amount of alarming information about the saga of transferring terminal in Manila - is it really that bad?

People mention taxis (of different colors and expenses) lines that go on for hours, traffic, ect. Is it all true?

I also found one reference (just one in the entire internet) about an airside shuttle? does this exist?

i was the one responsible for making travel arrangement and i hope i did not screw everyone over with this "tight" connection.

Thank you for any input.

idp5601

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 am

Traveler312 wrote:
Hey guys!. Long time a.net fan, first time questioner.. So

Headed to the Philippines next month fo the first time with friends and our last stop is Boracay. We have a 715AM PAL flight into Manila arriving at 830AM, the connect to Asiana's 12:15PM flight to Seoul. I have noticed on line a huge amount of alarming information about the saga of transferring terminal in Manila - is it really that bad?

People mention taxis (of different colors and expenses) lines that go on for hours, traffic, ect. Is it all true?

I also found one reference (just one in the entire internet) about an airside shuttle? does this exist?

i was the one responsible for making travel arrangement and i hope i did not screw everyone over with this "tight" connection.

Thank you for any input.

This guide might be helpful for you.
https://www.silent-gardens.com/air-transfer.php

Traveler312

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm

https://www.silent-gardens.com/air-transfer.php

Thanks - that is the only place i could find an reference to the air-side bus.. i was hoping for some first hand accounts from anyone here. After all you cant believe everything that on the internet.

Anybody around that has taken this airside shuttle between T2 and T1?

Devilfish

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 pm

[quote="VolvoBus"]
AFAICT, all connecting and transit schemes (as well as terminal layouts) are temporary until the contract is awarded and the new terminals are built and operational...so a detailed commentary on the design is premature.

In the meantime, RoutesOnline had an update of PR's nonstop schedule to BNE.....

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -may-2018/

Quote:
"Philippine Airlines in Wednesday’s schedule update (07FEB18) made further adjustment to its planned Manila – Brisbane service, for Northern summer 2018 season. From 25MAR18, planned nonstop service, replacing 1-stop via Darwin, remains unchanged. Operational aircraft from 25MAR18 to 30APR18 will be operated by A340-300, 3 times a week.

From 01MAY18, Airbus A321neo aircraft will be operating this route 4 times a week, instead of previously filed Airbus A320. Airbus A321neo configuration is J12Y156.

PR221 MNL0055 – 1045BNE 321 2
PR221 MNL2330 – 0920+1BNE 321 356

PR222 BNE1100 – 1700MNL 321 467
PR222 BNE1200 – 1800MNL 321 2"

So, it appears A340 equipment would be pinch-hitting for the A321NEOs till the end of April. Issues with the GTF engines :confused:

I look forward to the day when these could replace the images on the sides of the A321neo..... :crossfingers: .....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... al_Day.jpg

https://i1.trekearth.com/photos/72792/o ... hill_6.jpg

.....with the caption revised to read "now flying xtra long range"..... :goodvibes:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4611/282 ... 7ea7_b.jpg

Devilfish

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Don't look now but the Changi Airport Group might acquire a controlling interest in the P350B NAIA redevelopment.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... naia-rehab

Quote:
"MANILA, Philippines — Singapore’s Changi Airport Group is willing to acquire a 30 percent stake in the project proposed by seven of the country’s biggest conglomerates to transform the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) into a regional hub, according to one of the consortium’s members.

Manuel V. Pangilinan, chairman of Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC), said the Changi Airport Group has expressed interest to acquire a 30 percent stake in the project.

The seven members of the NAIA consortium, meanwhile, would each be getting a 10 percent stake.

Members of the NAIA consortium are MPIC, Aboitiz Infra Capital Inc., AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp., Alliance Global Group Inc., AEDC, Filinvest Development Corp., and JG Summit Holdings Inc.

Pangilinan said the members of the consortium are open to the interest of Changi Airport Group, which runs Singapore’s main airport.

'They (consortium members) seem to have agreed in principle to it,' Pangilinan said."

While they're at it, they might as well look into adopting this for terminal transfers and connections to the LRT1 extension at NA Av and commuter rail station at Nichols along SLEX.....

http://bworldonline.com/infracorp-expec ... end-march/

Quote:
"INFRACORP Development, Inc. expects to secure original proponent status for its P3.8-billion monorail project connecting the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) Guadalupe Station to Fort Bonifacio by the end of March.

The infrastructure unit of tycoon Andrew L. Tan’s Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI) submitted an unsolicited proposal for the monorail project in October 2017. Called the Skytrain, the project is expected to facilitate the transport of around 60,000 to 100,000 passengers daily.

The AGI group is also ironing out negotiations with the Ayala group to facilitate transport in the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) district through its Citylink buses that traverse the Uptown Bonifacio and McKinley Hill route.

'We have been in talks with them to grant us access to BGC and to Ayala Avenue… We hope that we will be able to finalize Citylink buses being granted access to BGC and through Ayala Avenue, Mr. Tan said.

Asked if the company is keen on more infrastructure projects in the future, the Infracorp executive noted they have joined the so-called super consortium that is interested in the rehabilitation of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport."

http://bworldonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... RACORP.jpg

Since there is already an SMC proposal to extend NAIAX to BGC, they could at least see to it that Citylink buses would have a stop at the Nichols commuter rail station. :crossfingers:

Devilfish

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 am

Again from SkyscraperCity, a conceptual image of the proposed new Terminal 2 at Clark..... :eyepopping: .....

https://scontent.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B152BC1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/bbbphilippines ... permPage=1

Megawide/GMR and the DOTr seem to be fixated on the tropical resort character.....would it click this time around at CRK? Though certainly, the engineered timber supplier couldn't be any happier!

The existing terminal could use another aircraft gate extension or two towards the PEB to the left.....

https://scontent.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B1F74BA

idp5601

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Don't look now but the Changi Airport Group might acquire a controlling interest in the P350B NAIA redevelopment.....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... naia-rehab

Quote:
"MANILA, Philippines — Singapore’s Changi Airport Group is willing to acquire a 30 percent stake in the project proposed by seven of the country’s biggest conglomerates to transform the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) into a regional hub, according to one of the consortium’s members.

Manuel V. Pangilinan, chairman of Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC), said the Changi Airport Group has expressed interest to acquire a 30 percent stake in the project.

The seven members of the NAIA consortium, meanwhile, would each be getting a 10 percent stake.

Members of the NAIA consortium are MPIC, Aboitiz Infra Capital Inc., AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp., Alliance Global Group Inc., AEDC, Filinvest Development Corp., and JG Summit Holdings Inc.

Pangilinan said the members of the consortium are open to the interest of Changi Airport Group, which runs Singapore’s main airport.

'They (consortium members) seem to have agreed in principle to it,' Pangilinan said."

While they're at it, they might as well look into adopting this for terminal transfers and connections to the LRT1 extension at NA Av and commuter rail station at Nichols along SLEX.....

http://bworldonline.com/infracorp-expec ... end-march/

Quote:
"INFRACORP Development, Inc. expects to secure original proponent status for its P3.8-billion monorail project connecting the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) Guadalupe Station to Fort Bonifacio by the end of March.

The infrastructure unit of tycoon Andrew L. Tan’s Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI) submitted an unsolicited proposal for the monorail project in October 2017. Called the Skytrain, the project is expected to facilitate the transport of around 60,000 to 100,000 passengers daily.

The AGI group is also ironing out negotiations with the Ayala group to facilitate transport in the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) district through its Citylink buses that traverse the Uptown Bonifacio and McKinley Hill route.

'We have been in talks with them to grant us access to BGC and to Ayala Avenue… We hope that we will be able to finalize Citylink buses being granted access to BGC and through Ayala Avenue, Mr. Tan said.

Asked if the company is keen on more infrastructure projects in the future, the Infracorp executive noted they have joined the so-called super consortium that is interested in the rehabilitation of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport."

http://bworldonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... RACORP.jpg

Since there is already an SMC proposal to extend NAIAX to BGC, they could at least see to it that Citylink buses would have a stop at the Nichols commuter rail station. :crossfingers:

For the monorail connecting NAIA to LRT1, I'm hoping it could be part of the NAIA proposal, given that Infracorp, the company that proposed the Fort Bonifacio-MRT monorail is owned by Alliance Global, who are also part of the consortium

Devilfish wrote:
Again from SkyscraperCity, a conceptual image of the proposed new Terminal 2 at Clark..... :eyepopping: .....

https://scontent.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B152BC1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/bbbphilippines ... permPage=1

Megawide/GMR and the DOTr seem to be fixated on the tropical resort character.....would it click this time around at CRK? Though certainly, the engineered timber supplier couldn't be any happier!

The existing terminal could use another aircraft gate extension or two towards the PEB to the left.....

https://scontent.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B1F74BA

To be honest, the new terminal design proposal still looks too close to MCIA T2 (notwithstanding the fact that the early proposal for CRK T2 was a near-carbon copy of said terminal). However, the good thing is that GMR-Megawide have always been responsive to criticism, as we've seen when the ditched the infamous 'chicken coop' design for CEB. I don't think this is the final design, and we could see some changes made to it depending on how well - or how badly - the madla receive it.

Devilfish

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 pm

idp5601 wrote:
For the monorail connecting NAIA to LRT1, I'm hoping it could be part of the NAIA proposal

It should form part of the proposal, considering it was mentioned in their brief under Phase 2.....

Quote:
"The proposal includes a people mover to link NAIA’s terminals and connect the airport to existing mass transport in Metro Manila, as well as the option to build a third runway."

I posted here before a possible location for a new, staggered parallel runway across the SLEX just before the PNR FTI station. It would roughly coincide with Rambutan/MDC Roads, between Sampaguita and Veterans Av, and end at the Veterans Tenement Center Dr. The area was mostly made up of warehouses and factories and could have been connected to the present NAIA via the Moonwalk C5 Extension. Unfortunately, the idea was OBE as the highway crossing is now encumbered by the Skyway on-ramp...and the envisioned runway location itself was bought by one of the consortium members for development, unless they can be convinced ($$$$$$$$$$$) to exchange that area for the more premium site in front of Terminals 1 & 2 and Nayong Pilipino.:scratchchin:

idp5601 wrote:
However, the good thing is that GMR-Megawide have always been responsive to criticism, as we've seen when the ditched the infamous 'chicken coop' design for CEB.

To make way for 'gamefowl sunshades'..... ;)

http://longscoregamefarm.com/wp-content ... efarm..jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h0JYf4M9RaE/hqdefault.jpg

Devilfish

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

A couple of noteworthy aviation related news today.....

http://business.inquirer.net/246568/gov ... ders-clark

Quote:
"The Duterte administration is readying an invitation to bidders for the operation and maintenance of the Clark International Airport in Pampanga province.

This after the government awarded late last year a contract to expand the gateway, which is being positioned as an alternative to the congested Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) in Manila.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said the publishing date of the invite could happen around March this year.

Megawide-GMR, which said they were also keen on the Clark O&M, are building a new passenger terminal that would triple capacity at Clark Airport to 12 million passenger annually by 2020.

Due to the hybrid policy for Clark Airport, the government had rejected several unsolicited proposals from the private sector, including those from Megawide-GMR and Metro Pacific Investments Corp. More recently, it turned down the second offer of Filinvest Development Corp. and JG Summit Holdings to develop and operate Clark Airport to the tune of almost P840 billion."

So, it appears Filinvest and JG Summit are now out of the picture for CRK.

https://businessmirror.com.ph/govt-need ... y-airport/

Quote:
"Transportation Undersecretary for Aviation Manuel Antonio L. Tamayo said the government has programmed such amount to address the congestion problem of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia).

'We have the go signal for the development of Sangley. We’ll be spending about P600 million to P700 million. It’s just the military base. There will be no reclamation and no seaport,' Tamayo said.

By restoring the existing runway and airport in Sangley, Tamayo said the government will be able to move the general aviation flights and commercial turboprop operations in the area, thereby freeing up space in slot-constrained Naia.

There are 25 general aviation operators in the Naia, according to data from the Manila International Airport Authority.

Airlines operating turboprop aircraft include Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines and AirSwift, among others."

In view of the above, the improvement and widening of the access road connecting Sangley to CAVITEX should be expedited. Wonder if airline TP operators would prefer to fly out of CRK instead? :spin:

Meanwhile, there are very informative FAA regs concerning parallel runway configurations on page 1097 of SkyscraperCity as those relate to CEB (post #21932-21935) which could also be applicable to MNL (nearly up to Bayani Rd to accommodate Group VI aircraft) should authorities deem it worth pursuing.

Devilfish

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 am

A bit of welcome news from Kiwiland.....it appears PR is doing better on its MNL-AKL route..... :cheerful: .....

https://blueswandaily.com/philippine-ai ... -a330-300/

Quote:
"Philippine Airlines (PAL) has been encouraged by the initial load factor on its new nonstop flight to Auckland and is looking to upgrade the service from A340-300s to A330-300s, increasing the product offering and capacity.

Summary

Philippine Airlines has generated high load factors on Auckland-Manila since the nonstop route launched in Dec-2017;
Philippine Airlines could increase capacity on the route by 22% later this year by introducing A330-300s;
The A330 would also significantly improve the product in both business and economy and introduce a premium economy option;
Philippine Airlines has been able to grow local traffic between Auckland and Manila as well as attract sixth freedom traffic between Auckland and China.

PAL launched three weekly nonstop flights from Auckland to Manila on 4-Dec-2017, using 254-seat A340-300s. PAL president Jaime Bautista told Blue Swan, the airline’s load factor on Auckland-Manila was above 90% in Dec-2017, the first month it operated, and above 80% in Jan-2018. While those are peak months, Mr Bautista said forward bookings are encouraging and the airline believes the route may be able to support 309-seat A330-300s."

If PAL is able to upgauge the route to A330 without reducing frequency, then things must indeed be looking up. I'm ready for my slice of humble pie. :embarrassed2:

And more PAL stuff from down under.....

https://blueswandaily.com/casa-approval ... ane-route/

Quote:
"Philippine Airlines (PAL) plans to take delivery of its first A321neo in Mar-2018 but has decided to launch nonstop flights to Brisbane with A340-300s.

Summary

Philippine Airlines has confirmed plans to launch nonstop flights from Brisbane to Manila in late Mar-2018;
Philippine Airlines has decided to launch the new nonstop route with A340s, featuring an outdated business class product and overhead video monitors in economy;
Philippine Airlines needs to secure CASA approval before it proceeds with a plan to deploy new A321neos, which will feature lie flat business class seats and seatback video monitors in both cabins, on the Brisbane-Manila route.

PAL announced on 25-Jan-2018 the launch of nonstop flights between Manila and Brisbane from 25-Mar-2018. PAL stated the route would initially operate with three flights, increasing to four weekly A340 flights from 1-May-2018.

PAL now plans to launch the route with A340-300s but said in the 25-Jan-2018 announcement that it expected to begin operating Brisbane-Manila with A321neos “later in the first half of 2018”.

PAL still plans to receive its first A321neo at about the time nonstop flights to Brisbane are launched. Airbus recently informed PAL its first A321neo will be delivered in the second half of Mar-2018. This is four months behind the initial schedule due to Pratt & Whitney engine issues but is only a few weeks later than what PAL was expecting in Oct-2017.

PAL’s decision to use the A340 initially for Brisbane-Manila therefore was likely driven more by Australia Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) certification issues than further aircraft delivery delays. CASA has not yet certified the A321neo. PAL will also need specific approval from CASA before it can use the A321neo to any of its Australia destinations."

Therefore, the switch is not only due to engine issues and delayed receipt of the A321neo by PR (while I still dislike the small typeface title and its non-alignment with the forward windows). Guess this frame will have to do its familiarization and first commercial flights elsewhere..... :spin: .....

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WORRIQKKC7Q/ ... 21_neo.png

Meanwhile, its first A321neo long range plane bound for Australia is ready in Finkerwerder for delivery next week. It is scheduled to fly Brisbane from Manila direct on March 27.

Lostmoon744

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:00 am

Apologies if this was covered already, but when does PR start MNL-JFK? I've never flown PR internationally, but since live in NYC, the prospect of a non-stop flight from JFK to MNL is very intriguing, and worth a try.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos