Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SleeplessInZh

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 am

idp5601 wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Will be qatar airways the investor?i hope not etihad airways,bad investor.ana is not good enough.lufthansa?not the best either.lets hope for qatar or emirates!one world is the best for them.but cathay is a jealous company.

Something I forgot to add to my reply to this comment: PR and CX have historically had good relations; should they decide to join OW, I doubt Cathay would block their entry.

It would be nice to see them in one world.as i think there are 3 airlines in star and skyteam from that region of south east asia,one world has only 2 (cathay&malaysian) i think.is eva air star?don't know about hainan airlines either.

Akiestar

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:23 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
idp5601 wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Will be qatar airways the investor?i hope not etihad airways,bad investor.ana is not good enough.lufthansa?not the best either.lets hope for qatar or emirates!one world is the best for them.but cathay is a jealous company.

Something I forgot to add to my reply to this comment: PR and CX have historically had good relations; should they decide to join OW, I doubt Cathay would block their entry.

It would be nice to see them in one world.as i think there are 3 airlines in star and skyteam from that region of south east asia,one world has only 2 (cathay&malaysian) i think.is eva air star?don't know about hainan airlines either.

As people here already know, I am firmly opposed to PR joining oneworld, and especially because of CX.

That said, this is how alliances look like in East and Southeast Asia:

*A: BR, CA, NH, OZ, SQ, TG
    ST: CI, CZ, GA, KE, MU, VN
    OW: CX, JL, MH

While it is true that oneworld is the weakest of the three alliances in the region, I don't think PR adds much. HKG is simply too near, for one, and my deepest fear is that PR would be reduced just be a feeder for CX at HKG with little to no benefit for PR since very few oneworld airlines serve MNL and other PR hubs in the first place which could feed traffic there, as opposed to us feeding traffic to CX, JL, MH and QR.

Now while SkyTeam has GA and VN as feeder airlines to the wider network, PR can carve a niche by encouraging GA and VN to feed passengers to PR for trans-Pacific services, especially as both airlines don't serve the United States. It also helps that PR has also been courting DL so it can feed off its network in the other direction (an amazing feat given that historically, PR has been closer to AA).

Star is not as great, but it's still a better option. TG and SQ compete at very different market segments, and I think there's still room for PR to share the pie between the two (at least whatever has not been taken by the ME3). NH investing in PR would mean a ticket -- no matter how infinitesimal -- into Star in the future.

I personally think it's only a matter of time before PR joins an alliance. I hope that in the long time it's been left out in the cold as the only major Southeast Asian airline to not be in an alliance, it has the good sense to choose the right one for its needs. oneworld is definitely not that right choice.

idp5601

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Akiestar wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
idp5601 wrote:

As people here already know, I am firmly opposed to PR joining oneworld, and especially because of CX.

That said, this is how alliances look like in East and Southeast Asia:

*A: BR, CA, NH, OZ, SQ, TG
    ST: CI, CZ, GA, KE, MU, VN
    OW: CX, JL, MH

While it is true that oneworld is the weakest of the three alliances in the region, I don't think PR adds much. HKG is simply too near, for one, and my deepest fear is that PR would be reduced just be a feeder for CX at HKG with little to no benefit for PR since very few oneworld airlines serve MNL and other PR hubs in the first place which could feed traffic there, as opposed to us feeding traffic to CX, JL, MH and QR.

Now while SkyTeam has GA and VN as feeder airlines to the wider network, PR can carve a niche by encouraging GA and VN to feed passengers to PR for trans-Pacific services, especially as both airlines don't serve the United States. It also helps that PR has also been courting DL so it can feed off its network in the other direction (an amazing feat given that historically, PR has been closer to AA).

Star is not as great, but it's still a better option. TG and SQ compete at very different market segments, and I think there's still room for PR to share the pie between the two (at least whatever has not been taken by the ME3). NH investing in PR would mean a ticket -- no matter how infinitesimal -- into Star in the future.

I personally think it's only a matter of time before PR joins an alliance. I hope that in the long time it's been left out in the cold as the only major Southeast Asian airline to not be in an alliance, it has the good sense to choose the right one for its needs. oneworld is definitely not that right choice.

You missed a few:
*A: ZH
OW: QF

I would personally love to see PR in *A, mainly due to having the bigger route network and it being seen as the more premium alliance among the big 3 (no matter how flawed that observation may be), but I would be concerned with the overlap in routes with OZ, NH, CA, BR, and SQ on North America-bound flights, market segmentation aside; however, seeing *A's West-Central and Northern Europe map and the even bigger overlap in long haul routes (especially to the US) with TP, SN, LX, OS, LH, LO, and SK, I would be inclined to say that there might still be space for PAL (although ST may be the better choice for them).

With that being said, given what Star said about PR a few years back, the only way they could have a chance of ever joining would be if NH and/or LH will be PR's investors and if they manage to convince BR and SQ (which in my opinion would be the biggest roadblocks to a membership) to invite PAL.

Devilfish

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 pm

The Super Consortium want Changi Airports International as their technical partner for NAIA's redevelopment..... :hyper: .....

http://beta.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... gi-partner

Quote:
"MANILA, Philippines — The super consortium of conglomerates seeking to develop the congested Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is planning to partner with Changi Airports International (CAI), the group behind Singapore Changi Airport, touted as one of the world’s best.

Industry sources said the super consortium of mammoth conglomerates is getting Changi as its technical partner. Members of this consortium are the Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Ayala Corp., Alliance Global Inc., Lucio Tan Group, Filinvest Land Inc., JG Summit Holdings Inc. and Metro Pacific Investments Corp.

The super consortium is looking to submit its unsolicited proposal within the first quarter, sources said. The group is seeking to develop NAIA into a world-class airport that is at par with the world’s best gateways."

My musing in the last Philippine Aviation thread about CAI's T2 proposal for CEB being site adapted to be MNL's T5 (PAL Annex) might come true in a sort of roundabout way (though probably much different than previously presented). If the partnership pushes through, then we could have quite a competition in the offing! :box:

Devilfish

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:42 pm

A couple of welcome news today...CNS/ATM system and PR's Mabuhay Lounge..... :thumbsup: .....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/duterte-e ... tem-today/

http://thestandard.com.ph/business/tran ... arter.html

Akiestar

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:41 am

Devilfish wrote:
http://thestandard.com.ph/business/transport-tourism/256357/pal-eyes-completion-of-mega-mabuhay-lounge-in-2nd-quarter.html

This article also mentions when PR plans to deploy its new aircraft. Interesting times for the upcoming year. :big grin:

The airline led by tycoon Lucio Tan said it would deploy new Airbus A321 NEOs by February and A350s by June for Brisbane in Australia, India and the US East Coast.

idp5601

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

Interesting development RE: the new lounge. Problem is though, where will the location be? T2 isn't exactly spacious, and a two-storey lounge would be quite massive (even if it's not exactly going to be IST TK CIP Lounge-sized). And a Q2 completion sounds a bit too optimistic, given how big it sounds like it's going to be.

And interesting development about the SMC Bulakan Airport: according to someone in the SkyScraperCity Philippine Airports Rumors thread, it sounds like it's been given the greenlight. Big news for Philippine aviation if true.

idp5601

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm

idp5601 wrote:
And interesting development about the SMC Bulakan Airport: according to someone in the SkyScraperCity Philippine Airports Rumors thread, it sounds like it's been given the greenlight. Big news for Philippine aviation if true.

Something I forgot to add: my biggest fear about a new airport (whether in Sangley or Bulakan) is that if NAIA will be made less crap and is expanded to support 50 million passengers a year (as the super-consortium wants do), the new gatewaymight end up becoming a disused airport (a la Mirabel) if the proper transport links are not established. Manila might not be able to support two airports (unless MNL becomes an all-domestic/turboprop/general aviation airport), and the fact that the DOTr doesn't want SMC to force existing airlines to move operations to Bulakan might not bode well for the proposed new airport.

Akiestar

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:14 pm

idp5601 wrote:

I read the opposite checking that thread. I thought the ICC was rumored to have turned down the project?

The777Man

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm

idp5601 wrote:
idp5601 wrote:

Something I forgot to add: my biggest fear about a new airport (whether in Sangley or Bulakan) is that if NAIA will be made less crap and is expanded to support 50 million passengers a year (as the super-consortium wants do), the new gatewaymight end up becoming a disused airport (a la Mirabel) if the proper transport links are not established. Manila might not be able to support two airports (unless MNL becomes an all-domestic/turboprop/general aviation airport), and the fact that the DOTr doesn't want SMC to force existing airlines to move operations to Bulakan might not bode well for the proposed new airport.

The government should sell the land to developers and close NAIA. The money from the sale will help pay for the new airport. Sangley seems a much better alternative since much closer to Manila.

The777Man

fusionliner

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

idp5601 wrote:
Interesting development RE: the new lounge. Problem is though, where will the location be? T2 isn't exactly spacious, and a two-storey lounge would be quite massive (even if it's not exactly going to be IST TK CIP Lounge-sized). And a Q2 completion sounds a bit too optimistic, given how big it sounds like it's going to be.

If you want to get a better indication of where the lounge could be, take a few scrolls down here

https://flight-report.com/en/report/28838/Philippine-Airlines-PR658-Manila-MNL-Dubai-DXB

idp5601

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:22 am

Akiestar wrote:
idp5601 wrote:

I read the opposite checking that thread. I thought the ICC was rumored to have turned down the project?

This is the post I was talking about, just for reference.

Philippine747

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 am

As for the new lounge in T2, I have a feeling they are using the space that separates the North Wing and the South Wing (the big circle). If my memory serves me right, there was a restaurant in there before...

Also in other news, PAL is ending CEB-SIN effective March 25, while BKK goes daily on the same day.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... arch-2018/
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ce-in-s18/

Devilfish

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Akiestar wrote:
This article also mentions when PR plans to deploy its new aircraft. Interesting times for the upcoming year.

No "parts arriving" notation yet for ln 221, PR's first A359... IGW frame scheduled to be delivered in June 2018. Any official Airbus A359 production list with currently updated entries in the public domain?

idp5601 wrote:
T2 isn't exactly spacious, and a two-storey lounge would be quite massive...... And a Q2 completion sounds a bit too optimistic, given how big it sounds like it's going to be.

They've probably been working on it...the structure is there already...they may only need to modify an existing stairwell or cut open a floor to visually and physically connect spaces and execute the design.

idp5601 wrote:
my biggest fear about a new airport (whether in Sangley or Bulakan) is that if NAIA will be made less crap and is expanded to support 50 million passengers a year (as the super-consortium wants do), the new gatewaymight end up becoming a disused airport (a la Mirabel) if the proper transport links are not established. Manila might not be able to support two airports (unless MNL becomes an all-domestic/turboprop/general aviation airport), and the fact that the DOTr doesn't want SMC to force existing airlines to move operations to Bulakan might not bode well for the proposed new airport.

That is precisely the rationale for the NAIA/Clark two-airport scheme. If Bulakan cannot stand alone on its own by the time the first phase is finished, then it runs the risk of being a white elephant. The NEDA/ICC have their work cut out for them.

The777Man wrote:
The government should sell the land to developers and close NAIA. The money from the sale will help pay for the new airport. Sangley seems a much better alternative since much closer to Manila.

While I agree that Sangley is well positioned in terms of accessibility (still need a causeway and an expanded link to CAVITEX) it remains the most expensive option and proceeds from that sale would be nowhere near what is required to build a completely operating airport on reclaimed land...which by itself would take years to stabilize. And the country is not exactly swimming in cash. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:

Philippine747 wrote:
I have a feeling they are using the space that separates the North Wing and the South Wing (the big circle).

If the Super Consortium gets selected, I don't think they would still go ahead with PAL's proposed Annex. Which is why this photoshopped concept remains intriguing..... :scratchchin: .....

http://78.media.tumblr.com/b0804e1c9269 ... 2_1280.jpg

They could build two new adjunct wings (each with its independent departure/arrival halls, immigration/customs, security checks and baggage claims) on each concourse end of T2 (which reverts to its original domestic role) for international airlines and let PAL (and/or 5J) consolidate its operations at T1. They then could just connect to T1 via a secure, sterile bridge from what was the cargo facility before, after deleting the rest of the scheme on T1's existing apron. This could solve all the gate and apron space problems for the airlines' ever expanding fleets. :airplane:

From SkyscraperCity.....the eye of the tiger is watching developments intently, ready to pounce..... :hyper:

https://scontent.fmnl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5ADAFA3B

Wonder what this building's function would be after renovations :?: .....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2018011 ... 234de3.jpg

Meanwhile, CAPA reports that turboprop ops in the country have increased significantly.....

https://centreforaviation.com/insights/ ... tes-391946

I hope Cessna's SkyCourier also finds its way here to fly P2P leisure destinations and tertiary airports that would otherwise be without reliable air service. :crossfingers:

idp5601

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm

LurveBus wrote:
idp5601 wrote:
Yahnih wrote:
According to PAL and another blog.. the deliveries for their a321neo begin February and will feature lie flat business seats! With IFE in both cabins.. PAL is taking this 5 star seriously!http://philippine-aviation-forum.29460.n7.nabble.com/Airlines-in-the-Philippines-td2i1560.html

So I'm confused: will they install lie flat C seats on both ACF and LR? Or will it be for the latter only?

Also, speaking of 5 star, will they retrofit the remaining A330s and the older 777s to the new C, W, and Y product? From what I recall consistency is a very big factor with Skytrax ratings, so standardizing the hard products would be very helpful for them if they want their fourth and fifth star.

Strictly speaking, PAL isn't taking the LR. They're taking 6 NEOs fitted with extra tanks. These will be fitted with the full-flat J seats because they're gonna be used for flights to AUS and India. They will only need 6 for these routes.

The rest of the NEO fleet will be used for regional flights of 4 hours max, and will be fitted with regular recliner J seats, as they need the Y capacity more.

As for the remaining A330s, they only do regional and Middle East flights. The CASM advantage they give on these routes helps them stay competitive with LCCs and the ME3 while still offering a flat bed in J. While there was a plan to retrofit the remaining A330s, it remains to be seen if their finances will allow it.

Now, for the 777s, they might just let the leases expire as opposed to overhauling the product, especially since PAL has 6 more a350 options. Product consistency will be a bit of a challenge since Vantage XL seats on the A330 and A350 are kinda space inefficient on the 777 compared to Cirrus, Zodiac Optima, and Stelia Opal. They could go with regular Vantage, however, that would result in the loss of direct aisle access of much of the passengers (though it would still be a better product that what they have now). I'm sure there are proposals for a reconfiguration, however, no rumors have surfaced. Usually, someone working for a seat manufacturer would blab something, but there's just no news.

Oof, I was somehow stupid enough to get past through this post. Whoops

How long are PR's 77W lease contracts? Because I can't personally see them getting five stars anytime in the near future if they keep their 777 J to 7 abreast. Even HU, which has probably the worst top-of-the-line long haul hard product among the current 5* airlines (obviously not counting LH's J because they have F) only has 6 abreast.

idp5601

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:57 am

In other (slightly late) news, the DOTr has endorsed the P839 million Filinvest/JG Summit/CAI Clark Airport development project for NEDA approval.
http://malaya.com.ph/business-news/busi ... t-proposal

The new proposal covers the development of the airport into the country’s second international gateway as well as the operation and maintenance of the existing and new terminals under a joint venture with BCDA.

The consortium will also build future capacity augmentation, expand airport facilities including terminals and runways among others, as well as operate and maintain the existing and new passenger terminals.

Wonder what would happen to the GMR/Megawide terminal if this ever goes through.

Devilfish

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:33 pm

idp5601 wrote:
In other (slightly late) news, the DOTr has endorsed the P839 million Filinvest/JG Summit/CAI Clark Airport development project for NEDA approval.

That seems like a classic example of "envelopmental" journalism. :sour:

idp5601 wrote:
Wonder what would happen to the GMR/Megawide terminal if this ever goes through.

Would you want a repeat of the AEDC fiasco? :crazy:

idp5601

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Devilfish wrote:
idp5601 wrote:

idp5601 wrote:

Forgive me for asking, but what was the AEDC fiasco about? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to remember.

Akiestar

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 am

idp5601 wrote:
Devilfish wrote:
idp5601 wrote:

idp5601 wrote:

Forgive me for asking, but what was the AEDC fiasco about? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to remember.

AEDC was the consortium led by Lucio Tan that competed against PIATCO for the contract to build Terminal 3. When PIATCO won the contract, they raised a huge fuss.

----

Anyway, moving on to other MNL news: according to Boo Chanco of The Philippine Star, those new rapid-exit taxiways will be done by July.

Speaking of airports, completion of the rapid exit taxiways at NAIA is urgent to help relieve flight delays. According to Usec Skee Tamayo, the project will be completed by July this year. It is taking time because they are only able to work in the early morning hours when Ruinway 06/24 is closed for maintenance, so as not to disrupt operations.

The rapid exit taxiways will enable an aircraft to leave the lone international runway quickly after landing and allow more flights to land and take off. Mar Roxas offered this as a tentative solution to air traffic congestion, but did nothing to get it done.

Devilfish

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Here are a few more reasons why Philippine conglomerates are fighting for NAIA to stay or be replaced with something new and big nearby..... :stirthepot: .....

http://business.inquirer.net/244398/tan ... eenest-cbd

Quote:
"The Ayala and Lucio Tan groups have teamed up to jointly invest some P53 billion in transforming a 35-hectare waterfront former industrial estate, the largest along the C5 corridor spanning Pasig and Quezon City, into what is envisioned to be Metro Manila’s 'greenest' central business district.

The new estate called Parklinks, which will host 30 buildings in the coming years, is a 50-50 percent joint venture between Ayala Land Inc. (ALI) and the Tan group’s property arm, Eton Properties Philippines Inc. The joint venture is called ALI Eton Property Development Corp."

http://business.inquirer.net/files/2018 ... 4x843.jpeg

http://business.inquirer.net/files/2018 ... 4x763.jpeg

https://ayalalandliving.files.wordpress ... .jpg?w=900

.....Reinforces the saying that in business there are no permanent enemies.....only permanent interests. :old:

http://business.inquirer.net/244580/meg ... rcial-lots

Quote:
"Property developer Megaworld Corp. has reported strong market take-up for commercial lots in its 'Makati-inspired' central business district (CBD) project in General Trias Cavite called 'Maple Grove.'

Within 45 days after starting its offer of prime commercial lots in Maple Grove Commercial District, about 80 percent of the P9 billion worth of inventory had been sold, equivalent to 250 out of 360 lots made available to the market.

General Trias is easily accessible to Sangley Point, one of the proposed new locations of a new airport. It is also less than an hour away from the Makati CBD via Coastal Road and CAVITEX."

From SkyscraperCity -- MCIA T2..... :hot: .....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2018012 ... ca89c6.jpg

.....the heat is on to complete remaining works to meet the deadline! :spin:

idp5601

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:58 am

This might be late news, but if airportspotting.com is correct, ET's ADD-MNL route will now go through HKG instead of BKK starting June this year.
Source: http://www.airportspotting.com/boeing-787-routes-2/

idp5601

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 am

PR just retired one of their A343s, registration RP-C3436.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1296114114

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Lingon

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:22 am

MCIA T2 - I wonder if it could open without the completion of the access area? After all, there is a connection between T1 and T2, right?

SleeplessInZh

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes,bye bye ugly cabin of A340.

PanzerPowner

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Oh thank god. They better be gone when I go in the Summer. Anyone know how comfortable the BAe 146s are on Skyjet?

Akiestar

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

idp5601 wrote:
This might be late news, but if airportspotting.com is correct, ET's ADD-MNL route will now go through HKG instead of BKK starting June this year.
Source: http://www.airportspotting.com/boeing-787-routes-2/

This was discussed elsewhere. I'm flying this route on my way to Rio de Janeiro this September! :D

SleeplessInZh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:57 pm

A340 to brisbane might be a typo mistake by the inq newspaper.

SleeplessInZh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 pm

I have a new great idea for pal's upcoming A350.what about installing besides the aircraft video cameras,photo cameras that take images through flight.i'm thinking of real time pictures from the outside,that can be shared on fb or instagram,with a personal message.of course these pictures may cost i say: 5$ for each downloaded photo?for another income.i would like to share pictures from my flight on fb or in other social media like whatzapp.the picture camera should have 360 degrees function and should just take pictures overflying great cities or landscapes,they can be seen on the flightmap.that is an idea for airbus and for pal i'd like to share, because its inovativ!

SleeplessInZh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:03 am

Noone has that idea until now:-)but i'm realistic,we will see this feature in future in other airplanes if pal don't read this.but this idea is only for pal only besides the skybeds...!

SleeplessInZh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 am

Omgod...i just shared this idea with pal in fb.i hope it gets noticed.pal say so.maybe not.qatar will have this first or emirates.for the instagrammers and whatzzappers or fb-likers,this can be something very interesting.my idea!:-p

SleeplessInZh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:07 am

idp5601

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:57 am

Jetstar Asia will start a thrice-weekly 5th freedom route between CRK and KIX starting 27 March. (source)

From 27 March 2018, Jetstar Asia will operate three weekly services between Clark in Pampanga province and Osaka located in the Kansai region, according to Jetstar.

Jetstar Asia CEO Mr Bara Pasupathi said that this direct service is an exciting development and the first connection from Northern Luzon to Japan. We are delighted to bring this service to all our customers in this region.

Apart from the greater convenience for our travellers, this service will increase Jetstar’s capacity by up to three services a week to Kansai International Airport and Clark will now be the latest gateway in the region for both Singapore and Filipino travellers to fly to Osaka.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the A350-1000 demo tour will be making a stop in Manila sometime in the third week of February. (source)

Crossing my fingers PR will pick up a few of these lovely birds to replace some of the older 77Ws.

SleeplessInZh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Super the A350-1000 is for me the most beautiful aircraft ever built!

balou84

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Air China flights from Manila to Beijing are not bookable for S18. Does anyone know why?

idp5601

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:55 am

balou84 wrote:
Air China flights from Manila to Beijing are not bookable for S18. Does anyone know why?
I'm not sure, but CA MNL-PEK might not be a daily flight.

balou84

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:04 am

idp5601 wrote:
balou84 wrote:
I'm not sure, but CA MNL-PEK might not be a daily flight.

Daily flight but not bookable for the whole summer season. They terminated the ticket sales for this period a week ago.

Philippine747

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:43 pm

ImageA321neo Philippine Airlines RP-C9930 by Tobias Gudat, on Flickr

First PAL A321neo on the flightline at XFW, awaiting engines. Reading the comments, it's apparently been painted in a full livery (pic was taken Dec 26).

idp5601

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 am

Any update on the PAL T2 Annnex? Are they going to push through with it separately, or will they roll it over to the super consortium's proposal?

Akiestar

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am

idp5601 wrote:
Any update on the PAL T2 Annnex? Are they going to push through with it separately, or will they roll it over to the super consortium's proposal?

From what I'm seeing on SSC, it looks like it's being rolled over into the super consortium's proposal.

SleeplessInZh

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:03 pm

https://youtu.be/OSdsaW5LUA4

A nice tripreport on Pal's triclass A330 business class.

idp5601

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:38 am

Some good news for PR frequent flyer from the US: TSA PreCheck is now available for PAL passengers flying out of the US (Guam included).
https://business.mb.com.ph/2018/02/02/p ... k-program/

Philippine747

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 am

idp5601 wrote:
Some good news for PR frequent flyer from the US: TSA PreCheck is now available for PAL passengers flying out of the US (Guam included).
https://business.mb.com.ph/2018/02/02/p ... k-program/

Good move, it would attract more North American passengers flying westbound across the Pacific...

idp5601

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 am

According to someone on another aviation forum, PAL are looking into ordering a few A350-1000s to complement their existing fleet of 77W's, because apparently the latter have range issues on their West Coast routes.

Side note: I wonder whether PAL are also looking into the A330neo.

studentdrbev

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:14 am

idp5601 wrote:
According to someone on another aviation forum, PAL are looking into ordering a few A350-1000s to complement their existing fleet of 77W's, because apparently the latter have range issues on their West Coast routes.

Side note: I wonder whether PAL are also looking into the A330neo.

Definitely could be a possibility as the A350-1000 is making a stopover at Manila for some eyecandy :spin:

SleeplessInZh

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 pm

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/paxex.aero/ ... stone/amp/

Pal's A321 neo update

Does this mean that they will install ife in all their 321neo orders?

SleeplessInZh

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:36 pm

"Quote: ..plus integrated connected IFE...from Zodiac Inflight Innovations..."

idp5601

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
https://www.google.ch/amp/s/paxex.aero/2018/01/inmarsat-philippine-airlines-global-xpress-gx-line-fit-milestone/amp/

Pal's A321 neo update

Does this mean that they will install ife in all their 321neo orders?

Yes, if I recall correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------

In other news, PAL will start flights from PPS to SZX and TSN, and from KLO to SZX and NNG sometime this year.

idp5601

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 am

I have been very annoyed at the airport situation in Manila for the past few days, and I would like to rant about it.

Obviously the best locations for the new airport is either in Bulakan or in Sangley; Clark is simply too far to the main business districts to be feasible (despite what the SkyScraperCity CRK circlejerk might tell you). IMO Bulakan is the most viable location for the new airport, simply because it won't require an expensive and time consuming reclamation project, but by the looks of it now the only chance of this happening is if either a) SMC would be able to prove that they are healthy enough to take on such a massive project or b) a much more financially stable company submits a similar proposal.

And the DOTr are not helping. From the looks of it they are dead set on a two-airport system. The only problem is, they don't know where the second airport should be. They should set a clear policy on this once and for all to avoid confusion.

It looks like our only hope right now is the Aboitiz x Ayala x Alliance x LT x Filinvest x JG Summit x Metro Pacific x possibly Changi super-consortium. IF their yet-to-be-submitted unsolicited proposal ever actually goes through and IF they are able to streamline operations at MNL, we might possibly see them submit a proposal for a new international hub.

SleeplessInZh

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

The next president should be grace poe.she will not let manila decay.she will solve that airport problem,as because, it will be her top priority.clark airport should be for clark only,after building clark green city with est. 2.5million habitants.
Manila needs an aetropolis,because its absurd to travel 1 hour from clark to manila by speedtrain.after a 14 hours flight from london?no thanks

airlineaddict

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:05 am

I posted this question on the now locked thread about DL ending service to Koror, Palau and Saipan from NRT: how long will the NRT-MNL flights on DL last? Maybe the flight is right sized now with the use of the 767-300? Anyone have insights on how the flights are performing?

Must admit one 767-300 is such a departure from the days when NW/DL had multiple 747s flying into MNL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos