Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Akiestar

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Two very important pieces of news for everyone.

First, San Miguel has gotten the green light for the Bulacan airport project from the NEDA! Now all it needs is the President's go signal.

The National Economic and Development Authority’s Investment Coordination Council (NEDA-ICC) has approved the proposal of conglomerate San Miguel Corp. (SMC) to build a P700-billion airport in Bulacan.

The new international airport being pitched by SMC is one of the nine projects approved by the NEDA-ICC with a combined cost of P900 billion.

These projects will be next up for President Duterte’s approval.

Next, Boracay is closing for six months on April 26. Due to this, PR and 5J have announced several flight suspensions for both MPH and KLO.

Major local airlines on Wednesday announced flight cancellations to and from Caticlan and Kalibo towns in Aklan following the announcement of the closure of Boracay.

Philippine Airlines, in a statement, said several flights from Manila to the two municipalities will be suspended from April 20 to October 27, while flights to Caticlan from Cebu and Clark will be suspended from April 26 to October 27.

It will, however, operate 9 weekly flights between Manila and Kalibo and 7 weekly flights between Manila and Caticlan.

roadrunner165

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:04 pm

One of the reason I fly PAL exclusively is not having to change terminals in Manila. I guess thats no longer going to be the case for my upcoming trip this September HNL-MNL-CEB. Hopefully they have a functioning system in place for shuttling passengers between terminals by then and have all the kinks worked out. The flight from Honolulu usually arrives at 4:30pm and I'm glad I booked the 8pm flight to Cebu instead of the 6pm flight. =)

Devilfish

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:57 pm

cityairline wrote:
We’re talking about almost 20 million passengers here.
As of now T2 already handles around 10-11 million, which is already tight. How are they going to squeeze in an additional 7-8 million passengers...?

Remember that all of PAL's international ops will be transferred to T1 while 5J's international pax would remain at T3. Both carriers are likewise shifting some flights to CRK. Those combined are a big reduction in occupant load. Also, T2 has fourteen gates plus remote stands compared to T3 domestic's nine -- four of which are bus gates. So, while it could be crowded inside the terminal :crowded: aircraft gate assignments would be manageable. I just hope they add plenty of public restrooms at T2! :cry2:

Akiestar wrote:
Two very important pieces of news for everyone.

See upthread. The wrinkle there seems to be this..... :smile: .....

Quote:
"Inquirer sources earlier disclosed that the Department of Finance had reservations on SMC’s proposed aerotropolis, as it would be rolled out by the subsidiary San Miguel Holdings Corp., whose capitalization was supposedly smaller than the project itself.

The DOF was also reportedly wary about the project’s economic impact as it would be rolled out by the private sector, sources said.
"

In any case, the Government has started on the vital 'shoreline expressway' connection from R10 to Bulakan with a ~2-meter high seawall that will contain the elevated roadway, already built in places. What's missing is a dedicated rail spur from say, Meycauyan. I guess SMC is ensuring the viability of MRT7. :spin:

From the Inquirer.....

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/201 ... 666157.jpg

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/201 ... 60x216.jpg

I wonder what will become of this if the new gateway at Bulakan pushed through? :scratchchin:

From SkyscraperCity.....

source: IG @eu_nhardz
https://instagram.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net ... 9312_n.jpg

Source: IG @ elddiebenigay
https://instagram.fmnl4-4.fna.fbcdn.net ... 2048_n.jpg

It seems M|GMR is keeping the MIP/PMO for as long as possible..... :point:

Devilfish

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:48 pm

I forgot to address these.....

VolvoBus wrote:
The army of designers, engineers, statisticians etc might be employed by the conglomerates, but this is not the umpteenth shopping mall they are designing.

In fairness, they could have come up with a good airport design if only their bosses (the consortium owners) had instructed them to pursue that path. :airplane:

Akiestar wrote:
Next, Boracay is closing for six months on April 26. Due to this, PR and 5J have announced several flight suspensions for both MPH and KLO.

The closure may be a blessing in disguise...both airlines could proceed with the terminal transfers with much less disruption as their flights to MPH and KLO make up a good part of their domestic ops. It may help other airlines moving to T3 too. Though I wonder if Galaxy's proposal to set up shop in Boracay was somewhat related :confused:

Hopefully at the end of the day, all stakeholders would benefit from a much more environmentally sound leisure destination. :crossfingers:

idp5601

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:15 am

roadrunner165 wrote:
One of the reason I fly PAL exclusively is not having to change terminals in Manila. I guess thats no longer going to be the case for my upcoming trip this September HNL-MNL-CEB. Hopefully they have a functioning system in place for shuttling passengers between terminals by then and have all the kinks worked out. The flight from Honolulu usually arrives at 4:30pm and I'm glad I booked the 8pm flight to Cebu instead of the 6pm flight. =)

Expect them to have an airside shuttle service, like what they have right now between T2 and T3 for PAL mainline/PALex passengers transferring between terminals.

RestlessHearts

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 am

idp5601 wrote:
VolvoBus wrote:
1 A president who cancels the contracts of a ground handling company as a knee jerk reaction to the theft from the baggage of the Japanese ambassador's wife

I find MIASCOR’s failure to disclose (or willful cover-up) of 18 out of 26 pilferage incidents the better reason why their contract has to be terminated. A few erring employees can be retrained but management level dysfunction is something else. There are plenty of ground handling companies that have more than enough room for the affected workers.

And the contract was terminated because the pilferage complaints started filing up, if I recall correctly. Thei incident with the Turkish ambassador's wife (which I think is the one you are referring to) happened last year. The Clark baggage incident was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

There was no contract to be cancelled. The contract of Miascor expired March of last year and was renewed on a monthly basis. What MIAA did is just non renewal of the MIASCOR contract.
idp5601 wrote:

roadrunner165 wrote:

Expect them to have an airside shuttle service, like what they have right now between T2 and T3 for PAL mainline/PALex passengers transferring between terminals.

It shouldn't be much of a hassle considering that T1 and T2 are just nearby (around 1km distance with a road connecting the two terminals). PR already runs an existing terminal transfer between T1 and T2 considering that flights from US and the Middle East already disembarks in T1 since 2016 IIRC.

Devilfish

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:04 pm

In light of the various airport PPP proposals now making the headlines, it is worthwhile to have an idea of how the NEDA screens those..... :old: .....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/neda-checkpoints-in-ppps/

Understandably, the above do not include "exigent or extenuating circumstances"..... :wink2:

Devilfish

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Boracay's closure merited an article in Flightglobal.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... os-447335/

Quote:
"The temporary closure of most of the resorts on Boracay by the Filipino government from late April has led Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and Philippines AirAsia to cut a number of flights to Caticlan and Kalibo between 26 April and 27 October.

PAL says that from 20 April to 27 October it will operate nine weekly flights from Manila to Kalibo and daily Manila-Caticlan flights. As a result of the changes, it will also boost frequencies on a number of other routes."

Too bad Panglao is far from being ready to take up some of the slack..... :arrow:

From SkyscraperCity.....

source:@DOTR fb page
https://scontent.fmnl8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B432A83

source:@baybum7
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/792/2729 ... d976_h.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/804/2630 ... db74_h.jpg

How about Siargao (IAO) :?: ..... :cheerful:

source:@mapio.net
https://static.panoramio.com.storage.go ... 910500.jpg

source:@spot.ph
https://images.summitmedia-digital.com/ ... island.jpg
Last edited by Devilfish on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

georgiabill

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Has the plan to build a new MNL like HKG or KIX been shelved or is it still under consideration?

Devilfish

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:56 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Has the plan to build a new MNL like HKG or KIX been shelved or is it still under consideration?

If you're referring to Sangley or a new, man-made island off in the bay -- it's still in contention...though probably a very long shot.

It seems the flavor of the moment is SMC's proposed Bulakan gateway. :airplane: This early, I'm stumped trying to come up with a possible airport code for it as the ones which spring readily to mind are already taken up..... :banghead: .....

BCN, BKN, BLC, BLK, BLN, BUL, BUN, etc.....

However, the new, premier international gateway is a medium-term goal at the earliest.

SleeplessInZh

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Mnl, simple. Nothing with letter B.it can be exchanged with bkk bangkok.megapolis manila should stay.'mnl' is worldwide known.even in smaller cities.
Last edited by SleeplessInZh on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SleeplessInZh

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Just name it mega manila intl airport.the tag shouldn't change 'mnl'.other names are confusing to foreigners.for us its just we fly to mnl.manila

idp5601

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Just name it mega manila intl airport.the tag shouldn't change 'mnl'.other names are confusing to foreigners.for us its just we fly to mnl.manila

Indeed. If Bulacan/Sangley are ever built just shut NAIA down and transfer the MNL code to whatever new airport is going to be built.

VolvoBus

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Devilfish wrote:
georgiabill wrote:

If you're referring to Sangley or a new, man-made island off in the bay -- it's still in contention...though probably a very long shot.

It seems the flavor of the moment is SMC's proposed Bulakan gateway. :airplane: This early, I'm stumped trying to come up with a possible airport code for it as the ones which spring readily to mind are already taken up..... :banghead: .....

BCN, BKN, BLC, BLK, BLN, BUL, BUN, etc.....

However, the new, premier international gateway is a medium-term goal at the earliest.

These are probably allocated already, but how about
SMC San Miguel Corp - proposers
ANG Ramon S Ang - head man of SMC
RSA see above
RRD Rodrigo R Duterte - current president
AQN Aquino political family - to provide political balance
GMA Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo - previous president for more political balance

Devilfish

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:22 pm

VolvoBus wrote:
These are probably allocated already, but how about
SMC San Miguel Corp - proposers
ANG Ramon S Ang - head man of SMC
RSA see above
RRD Rodrigo R Duterte - current president
AQN Aquino political family - to provide political balance
GMA Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo - previous president for more political balance

:lol: Some people eager to earn brownie points are bound to try and put forward a name. BTW, RSA may be the face of the company now but is he the actual owner? Besides, all of those listed are still alive and two actually have their father's name at an airport already (well, one was removed). Nonetheless, if a name for the airport would ever be needed, that town's most illustrious son, Marcelo H. del Pilar will be the outstanding favorite. Foreigners might even recognize the name and "denizens" of Ermita and Malate are surely familiar with it. :bigthumbsup:

Latest photos of MCIA T2 from SkyscraperCity..... :veryhappy: .....

source: The Freeman Fb page
https://scontent.fceb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B64F84B

https://scontent.fceb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B297A95

https://scontent.fceb1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B27BC9B

Originally posted by negative_black03

behramjee

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 am

Hello fyi due to commercial reasons,PAL to suspend all 4wk nonstop KWI MNL flights effective 15May ! Flights are now fully cancelled on across the gds systems.

VolvoBus

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 am

So Manila - M H Del Pilar airport would have code LAC or MBC ?

Philippine747

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 am

behramjee wrote:
Hello fyi due to commercial reasons,PAL to suspend all 4wk nonstop KWI MNL flights effective 15May ! Flights are now fully cancelled on across the gds systems.

Probably due to the ban on the deployment of Filipino overseas workers to Kuwait.

On another note, PAL will be reducing flights to Kalibo and Caticlan from April 26, as a result of the executive order shutting off Boracay to tourists. In place of the suspended services, PR is increasing services to BCD, CEB, CGY, DGT, IAO and USU. The increased frequencies to other destinations are not on the weekly update of the timetable on their website yet, but they're open for booking.

I wonder what the magnitude of this closure would be...

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/a ... ay-closure

Devilfish

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:58 am

behramjee wrote:

Wonder if this is related to the ban on deployment of OFWs to Kuwait? :scratchchin: And speaking of bans, it's good that AirSwift will start DVO-ENI flights.....

http://bworldonline.com/airswift-taking ... ido-davao/

.....would give an alternate leisure destination to MPH.

VolvoBus wrote:
So Manila - M H Del Pilar airport would have code LAC or MBC ?

Not necessarily...people from Bulacan may favor that but an overwhelming majority does not have that sense of history anymore. I couldn't figure out how you arrived at the two codes but both are already assigned...as five of the others you listed. :spin: However, there must be an airport first...and ~$15B is an awful lot of money (18.75% of GIR) for one that is ill-defined. Palatable if it were the first image in Reply #18.

VolvoBus

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Possibly the best known establishment on Del Pilar St. Current and previous names.

Devilfish

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
I wonder what the magnitude of this closure would be...

CAPA foresee positive things resulting from the order..... :optimist: .....

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018 ... ay-closure

VolvoBus wrote:
Possibly the best known establishment on Del Pilar St. Current and previous names.

Aahh...thanks. Admittedly, my knowledge of the goings-on was purely vicarious and far in the past.:sly: As to airport codes which fit, MHP is in Minsk...while like Paris(CDG) -- MDP is in Papua.

SleeplessInZh

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Paris CDG is already well known.Mnl for Manila is just the easiest tag.

SleeplessInZh

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm

The b797 is a quite interesting plane for pal.they should announce their interest now, to replace their a321neo by 2026.the one with the recliner seats and ife :) should to go to domestic pal express.what are your thoughts about the b797?i think its a perfect aircraft for pal.

Devilfish

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Paris CDG is already well known.Mnl for Manila is just the easiest tag.

It's precisely because people are so used to MNL being in Manila that it'd take learning and unlearning to place it somewhere else...i.e., MNL(Bulakan, MDP). You don't want passengers thinking that the airline or their travel agents misled them into flying to a marshland in the middle of nowhere. If the time comes, they could just assign AQN to NAIA as suggested above (it pops up on GCM when searched for AQN). And we're getting way ahead of things here...other aspirants for the title might show up later. :box:

Meanwhile, the competition in the media goes on..... :fluffy: .....

https://www.philstar.com/opinion/2018/0 ... y-troubles

SleeplessInZh wrote:
The b797 is a quite interesting plane for pal.they should announce their interest now, to replace their a321neo by 2026.the one with the recliner seats and ife :) should to go to domestic pal express.what are your thoughts about the b797?i think its a perfect aircraft for pal.

While the 797 may be suitable for MNL-AKL, what other routes do you see PR using it on? Would you say the benefits justify the added outlay and fleet diversity? Their NEOs are not even delivered yet...and here you are advocating that future 8-year-old frames be relegated to short domestic sectors where the airline can't likely demand the fares that would pay for the planes' upkeep.

idp5601

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 am

Devilfish wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:

While the 797 may be suitable for MNL-AKL, what other routes do you see PR using it on? Would you say the benefits justify the added outlay and fleet diversity? Their NEOs are not even delivered yet...and here you are advocating that future 8-year-old frames be relegated to short domestic sectors where the airline can't likely demand the fares that would pay for the planes' upkeep.

The 797 could be better than the A321LR if it could hold more cargo in its belly, and given the heavily VFR nature of PR's customers that would be very advantageous, although we shouldn't discount the fact that MNL's market could change dramatically within eight years.

As for routes a hypothetical 797 could be used on, I could see it being used for some CEB/DVO and ASEAN flights, as a sort of middle ground between the A321neo ACF (which they're taking delivery of starting next year) and the A330. It could also be used to start more routes and frequency to the Australasian region; ADL, PER, BNE, MEL, CBR, AKL, CHC, and WLG come to mind. PAL could also use it for further expansion into China and South Asia.

But then again they could do this as well if they just order the proper A321LR or the A338.

SleeplessInZh

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Thank you for the responces!
Simply aviation just made a tripreport about pal.

idp5601

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 am

This month's issue of Mabuhay says that PAL will open a new training facility by this year, with 'simulators, airport and airline mock-ups' as well as 'classrooms equipped with cutting-edge training equipment', according to the magazine.

This is great news for upcoming and aspiring pilots of PAL, because if I recall correctly they don't have any simulators in the country yet.

Devilfish

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 am

idp5601 wrote:
The 797 could be better than the A321LR if it could hold more cargo in its belly, and given the heavily VFR nature of PR's customers that would be very advantageous, although we shouldn't discount the fact that MNL's market could change dramatically within eight years.

Indeed, things will not stay static for eight years. The 797 certainly would do well where it could fully utilize its capacity and range advantages.

idp5601 wrote:
As for routes a hypothetical 797 could be used on, I could see it being used for some CEB/DVO and ASEAN flights, as a sort of middle ground between the A321neo ACF (which they're taking delivery of starting next year) and the A330.

Demand between CEB/DVO and ASEAN may not be enough to displace the A320/21Ns from there although traffic to certain Asian hubs from MNL could certainly pick up. This now raises the question on what to do with the young NEOs and newish A333s that would be made redundant, especially in view of the reduced ME flying...and its effect on the slot situation at NAIA.

idp5601 wrote:
It could also be used to start more routes and frequency to the Australasian region; ADL, PER, BNE, MEL, CBR, AKL, CHC, and WLG come to mind. PAL could also use it for further expansion into China and South Asia.

I do hope the economy improves a lot to make some of these new routes viable for PR...but short of immigration exploding dramatically, precious little indicates the load factors would be there.

idp5601 wrote:
But then again they could do this as well if they just order the proper A321LR or the A338.

It's on MNL-AKL that the full payload/range capability of the A321LR is very critical to make the route work with added frequency. As to my favorite WB underdog.....

https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... =constrain

.....PR has made its bed with the A333ceo and it was a sound decision (well, maybe not 20 frames almost at once)...and it'd be very prohibitive to undo that unless they get a terrific deal from Airbus for the NEO.....

https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0

That said, I could see some potential for the A338 on the following and westward to the Near East where a 300-seater may not be needed and the A359 quite pricey..... :airplane: .....

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=MNL-YVR-IA ... EB-LAX/SFO

airlinebuilder

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:02 am

so it is the B77W that will be used for the MNL JFK non stop flights as per airlineroute.net where the A350 was initially publicized.

idp5601

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 am

airlinebuilder wrote:
so it is the B77W that will be used for the MNL JFK non stop flights as per airlineroute.net where the A350 was initially publicized.

Yes, although I expect them to switch to the A359 later on.

Devilfish

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:49 pm

idp5601 wrote:
Yes, although I expect them to switch to the A359 later on.

I wonder if that has to do with PR needing to establish ETOPS requirements with the A359 first before being allowed nonstop MNL-JFK polar flights. There is no report that PR is delaying its A350 delivery. Or is PR simply anticipating the greater volume demand at the onset of the holiday season? Whichever, their 77W's payload/range envelop will surely be stretched to the hilt on such a long sector. :stretch:

From SkyscraperCity...the shape of things to come for MCIA T2..... :cheerful: .....

Credits to S. Herzeleid from PPSG group
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2018040 ... 0dc896.jpg

sassiciai

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm

May I ask the Manila locals for an update on the situation on arrival at T3 late evening, i.e. at midnight.

Before the completed road improvements and the opening of the walkway to Resorts City, the taxi queue at T3 was just horrible. Has that improved? What is better - join the T3 taxi queue, or cross over to Resorts City?

Thanks for your help

Devilfish

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:14 am

sassiciai wrote:
Before the completed road improvements and the opening of the walkway to Resorts City, the taxi queue at T3 was just horrible. Has that improved? What is better - join the T3 taxi queue, or cross over to Resorts City?

See for yourself.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSRl33fArw

If you're traveling light and only crossing over to Belmont Hotel or going to Resorts World, it may be better to just use "Runway Manila" for a ~10 - 15 minute walk...to stretch your legs while taking in the sights.

From SkyscraperCity.....

source: @Victoria Alivio FB
https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B606611

Credits to S. Herzeleid from PPSG group
https://scontent.fceb2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B6CABEB

From ATW.....PR to launch MNL-JFK nonstop with A359..... :airplane: .....

http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/ph ... aul-routes

Philippine747

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 pm

More updates from the PAL reduction in service to Caticlan/Kalibo from the April 10 timetable on their website:

Effective April 20:

MNL-MPH goes from 3x daily to 1 daily flight (2041/2042)
MNL-KLO will see cancellations of mainline flights 239 249, (2969/2970 will remain, while 2971/2972 will only operate on Mondays)

To be terminated/adjusted from April 25:

CEB-MPH v.v (flights 2368/2369, 2338/2339)
CEB-KLO v.v (all mainline/PALex flights)
CRK-MPH v.v (from daily service to 3x weekly)

To be terminated from Apr 26:
KLO-PEK v.v
KLO-BUS v.v (to resume July 1)
KLO-CTU v.v (opb PALex)
KLO-NKG v.v (opb PALex)
KLO-ICN v.v (from April 20-July 1)

Devilfish

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
More updates from the PAL reduction in service to Caticlan/Kalibo from the April 10 timetable on their website:

PR warns of a potential $50M in foregone business as a result of Boracay's closure.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/pal-stare ... perations/

That on top of losses incurred in the previous year due to various factors.....

http://bworldonline.com/pal-holdings-sl ... s-in-2017/

:scratchchin: Might the above have a negative impact on the carrier's aircraft delivery schedules and expansion plans? :worried:

idp5601

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:46 am

Devilfish wrote:
Philippine747 wrote:

PR warns of a potential $50M in foregone business as a result of Boracay's closure.....

https://businessmirror.com.ph/pal-stare ... perations/

That on top of losses incurred in the previous year due to various factors.....

http://bworldonline.com/pal-holdings-sl ... s-in-2017/

:scratchchin: Might the above have a negative impact on the carrier's aircraft delivery schedules and expansion plans? :worried:

I mean they could just focus on charter ops for CEB and PPS if they wanted to. I'm pretty sure all the affected holidaymakers would be willing to switch to another (but just as nice) destination.

Devilfish

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 pm

idp5601 wrote:
I mean they could just focus on charter ops for CEB and PPS if they wanted to. I'm pretty sure all the affected holidaymakers would be willing to switch to another (but just as nice) destination.

The DENR is widening its focus and accommodations may be in short supply elsewhere. :sun:

From SkyscraperCity.....the MIP/CMO is no more..... :knockout: .....

photo by: Christina Marie Vistal
https://i.imgur.com/Iwg69Vz.jpg

source: @Ai Shel FB
https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B298E88

Originally posted by:diehardbisdak

A flurry of activity inside MCIA T2..... :hyper: .....

source: @ S. B. Jusay | FB
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B2A7F3C

source: @A. L. Abucejo | FB
https://i.imgur.com/mzwYlRd.jpg?1

https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B6AABA2

Rustic touch on the check-in counter...hope it withstands the daily battering..... :| .....

source: @ Visit Central Visayas | FB
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B2A7F3C

Originally posted by BCFeet

idp5601

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:38 pm

We now have a clearer picture on what the DOTr plans to do with NAIA in the long-term.
https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... opment-hub
Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said the economic team is eyeing to turn the overstretched airport into a property development area that will be bigger than the Bonifacio Global City, the capital's newest financial district in Taguig City, Manila.

“It will be eight to nine years at most 10 years... that is the life span of NAIA. Why? Because of the congested area and because of the technology at the airport,” Tugade said during the second leg of the Philippine Economic Briefing 2018 in Clark, Pampanga.
----------------------
Seeing the deterioration of the Manila airport, Tugade said the government is “entertaining” proposals to build airports outside the capital, including offers to establish new and modern airports in Bulacan and Sangley Point in Cavite.

Honestly this is great news because we know now that the government does not intend on keeping MNL around once a new gateway is built, as was previously planned during the early days of the administration. This also basically means Phase 2 of the NAIA Superconsortium's proposal is now dead in the water.

We will see either significantly shortened concession periods for the two rehabilitation proposals or MIAA deciding to fix the airport themselves as a stop-gap measure until a new airport is built.

SleeplessInZh

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes the most wise decision.the government can sell naia,and turn it to another bgc, or a park or main railway station etc.

sassiciai

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:46 pm

It's really refreshing to hear a Philippines politician tell us what will NOT happen. Who cares about what won't happen?

When Duterte came to power, he told us all about what would happen under his watch, and how important transport infrastructure was to the economy. I would much rather hear a Phillipines minister making concrete statements about what WILL happen, and that short term, to address the chronic situation at NAIA

At least now we can get by road to the airport easier and quicker than before, only to run into increasing delays due to runway congestion!

SleeplessInZh

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Dutertes priority was to improve land infrastructure first and left air transportation out.not completely, because some airports got upgraded recently.
Ramon Ang or Sangley should now get the green light.
And Clark Airport for the 2.5 million inhabitants New Clark Green City (Vienna's Population: 1.7, Paris: 2.1million)
That Airport discussion is running now more than a decade.It began under Arroyo until now,so the Airport Situation is a real Problem.

Devilfish

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm

idp5601 wrote:
We now have a clearer picture on what the DOTr plans to do with NAIA in the long-term.

Now we see the true purpose of the Super Consortium's proposal is not to give us an efficient airport we can most benefit from, but one that is to be discarded to prepare for their inevitable commercial developments. Like old folks used to warn..."frying us in our own lard." :old:

idp5601 wrote:
Honestly this is great news because we know now that the government does not intend on keeping MNL around once a new gateway is built, as was previously planned during the early days of the administration.

I don't see anything great in tying the Government, holding the public hostage and spending billions of dollars for years on a proposal that will mostly benefit big business, no matter how much they sugar coat it with lofty promises of propelling the country's economy to dizzying heights. As the saying goes, "greed knows no bounds" and corporate greed is one of the most insidious of them all. :biting:

idp5601 wrote:
We will see either significantly shortened concession periods for the two rehabilitation proposals or MIAA deciding to fix the airport themselves as a stop-gap measure until a new airport is built.

The latter may actually turn out to be the lesser of two evils. The Government could probably cough up the $3.5B asked for the NAIA Redevelopment and just let M|GMR build and operate it...of course with ironclad guarantees on completion schedule, quality performance and most especially costs :alert: :arrow: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Yes the most wise decision.the government can sell naia,and turn it to another bgc, or a park or main railway station etc.

I can't see what's wise about handing an admittedly (dys)functional airport to a consortium and paying them for a replacement far into the future in some remote location...so they could convert the former into a (let's say) CBD with a park and subway station that would add millions to the daytime population of an already gridlocked Mega Manila. :spin:

sassiciai wrote:
At least now we can get by road to the airport easier and quicker than before, only to run into increasing delays due to runway congestion!

Look at the bright side.....you'll have more time for spotting! :bigthumbsup:

Devilfish

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:22 pm

A few more renderings of the proposed Clark International Airport T2 from SkyscraperCity..... :wideeyed: .....

Originally posted by Particle 1
https://scontent.fmnl4-5.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B701EA0

https://s14.postimg.cc/zcdyc63cx/Untitled.png

https://scontent.fmnl4-5.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B732FA8

https://s14.postimg.cc/h9kvl47k1/Untitled.png

https://s14.postimg.cc/yzmk6b5r5/Untitled.png

Are the pillars in the third photo faceted and markedly different from the other images or are those just shadows and shading producing that effect..... :confused:

The sandwich roof panels must have the appropriate R-rating to achieve comfortable cooling levels inside the terminal. :sun:

idp5601

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 am

The Sangley Airport proposal has been rejected by the government.
http://www.manilatimes.net/unsolicited- ... vt/392862/
In the letter to Sangley consortium President and CEO Wilson Tieng, Transportation Assistant Secretary Airene Robinson said that “should the government pursue the Sangley Airport Development project, it will be implemented using its own resources, thus cannot accept your unsolicited proposal.”

“In view of this, you may retrieve all the submitted documents of your proposal … Notwithstanding the above, the government reserves the right to publicly solicit bids for the develop of the Sangley International Airport and all qualified interested entities will be invited to participate and submit bids,” it added.

The777Man

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:24 am

idp5601 wrote:
The Sangley Airport proposal has been rejected by the government.
http://www.manilatimes.net/unsolicited- ... vt/392862/
In the letter to Sangley consortium President and CEO Wilson Tieng, Transportation Assistant Secretary Airene Robinson said that “should the government pursue the Sangley Airport Development project, it will be implemented using its own resources, thus cannot accept your unsolicited proposal.”

“In view of this, you may retrieve all the submitted documents of your proposal … Notwithstanding the above, the government reserves the right to publicly solicit bids for the develop of the Sangley International Airport and all qualified interested entities will be invited to participate and submit bids,” it added.

Actually when you look at the quote above, only the the bid by the Sangley consortium has been rejected. The Transportation Assistant Secretary said that bidding should be open to all parties.

Anyways, nice to see things moving forward including rejecting some of the plans for NAIA and it seems the government has enough sense to realize that a new airport is needed.

The777Man

Devilfish

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

PAL to fly to DEL, BOM and CTS by 4thQtr 2018..... :airplane:

http://bworldonline.com/philippine-airl ... h-quarter/

CEB-CRK launch promo.....P866.00 all-in..... :thumbsup: .....

https://instagram.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net ... 0880_n.jpg

Posted by: diehardbisdak

From SkyscraperCity, nice (albeit a bit blurry) views of MCIA T2, adjoining military facility and surrounding areas, from departing aircraft..... :) .....

source: @michael_jeddah, on Flickr
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/885/2644 ... 69e8_k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NQMsYL8.jpg

Originally posted by wakeuptoreality

MCIA T2 eaves detail photo..... :camera: .....

source: IG: canyounath
https://instagram.fmnl4-5.fna.fbcdn.net ... 8384_n.jpg

Originally posted by Particle 1

Devilfish

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Flightglobal article confirming PR's incoming fleet, realignment and expansion plans.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ry-447727/

Quote:
"Philippine Airlines (PAL) will receive a total of 21 new aircraft by 2019, which will be used to boost its secondary hub operations of Cebu, Clark, and Davao.

The carrier says it will take 15 aircraft in 2018, comprising six Airbus A321neos, four A350-900s, and five Bombardier Q400s. An additional six aircraft, comprising two A321neos, two A350s, and two Q400s will arrive in 2019.

Five new services will be launched in 2018. These include a four-times weekly Davao-Siargao service, which began on 25 March. This will be followed by the launch of non-stop Manila-New York flights, along with Manila-Delhi, Manila-Mumbai, and Manila-Sapporo services in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Rights to launch new services from Cebu and Puerto Princesa to points in China, South Korea, and Taiwan are being sought, while studies are underway on the possibility of starting new Europe and US services, such as Chicago and Seattle. International services from Davao are also being assessed, with Bangkok or a Japanese destination being considered."

Upgrade of MNL-AKL service to tri-class A330 will come earlier..... :cheerful: .....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... rvice.html

More photos from SkyscraperCity..... :camera: .....

Bird's eye view of CIA T2 complex.....

source: @Budji+Royal fb page
https://i.imgur.com/tqcbNnX.jpg

I was thinking they'd set the terminal building farther back to align with the old taxiway. :? Future transportation center and rail connection at extreme right..... :arrow:

https://i.imgur.com/bfdx6cJ.jpg

Generous open spaces and breezeways between the piers below. :goodvibes:

Renders in above post without the presenter.....those pillars are actually faceted! 8-)

https://i.imgur.com/H4gZlAB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Howv52f.jpg

Clearing and grubbing at the site.....

https://i.imgur.com/RfqlEyT.jpg

Originally posted by: crossboneka

An airport we seldom see..... :eyepopping:

source: retrato (c) IG: @rewadeeee_1023
https://instagram.fmnl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... 4816_n.jpg

https://instagram.fmnl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... 6544_n.jpg

Originally posted by: chuck23

Devilfish

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Planned location of CRK T2 in dotted circle.....old unused runway will be converted to a taxiway..... :checkeredflag:

Posted by: crossboneka
https://i.imgur.com/YJuBbfP.jpg

Inasmuch as no one else seems inclined to post or comment, I'll continue sharing progress photos from CEB courtesy of SkyscraperCity..... :) ......

source: ig: alsnlndrocc
https://instagram.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... 3792_n.jpg

Posted by JuanTed

Departure Ramp & Bridge canopy framing..... :raincloud: :sun:

source: @Raul Pasaylo Gerona FB
https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B754E55

https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B6FD4DB

https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B6EBE5B

T1-T2 connector bridge.....

source: @Cecilio Mendador FB
https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B57046E

https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B579C19

https://scontent.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B7580AA

Posted by: diehardbisdak

A couple of articles from Philstar..... :scratchchin:

https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... -mar-roxas

https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/ ... odbye-naia

SleeplessInZh

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am

Beautiful photos!imagine 3 or 4 more terminals like this connecting to each other.cebu is then an aetropolis.i love the design of cebu!

SleeplessInZh

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:47 am

But for manilas bulacan:)...the first smc render.or a revised render,better than mexico city or istanbul.not that bulacan youtube render pls (warehouse render).haha.with that 3,5 km runway.no!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos