Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cheapgreek

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN) - 2018

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:35 am

UA pulling its BDL-EWR flights, would like to see HVN-EWR flights as the short distance would work off HVN's runway, but not with the E145's. UA has history at HVN during the 90's with 737's to ORD and props to IAD. Star alliance members in the local area could save road time by leaving from HVN as opposed to BDL.

Portlander

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Wonder if SQ22 or any other moderator could add BGR and PSM to the thread title seeing both airports are larger than Worcester and New Haven? Maybe ORH has now passed PSM (CY17) thanks to JetBlue.

Revelation

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Portlander wrote:
Wonder if SQ22 or any other moderator could add BGR and PSM to the thread title seeing both airports are larger than Worcester and New Haven? Maybe ORH has now passed PSM (CY17) thanks to JetBlue.
Best thing to do is click on the triangle above the post and ask directly.

pwm2txlhopper

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am

Looks like United has reintrouduced mainline from ORD-PWM this summer season. The late evening flight 1610 has been A319 the last few days.

While they've upgauged EWR and IAD to A320 and -319' during summer season for the last two years, this is is the first UA mainline on ORD-PWM since 2001-2002ish. Last summer they upgraded to E170. That had been the largest UA equipment to ORD for quite a few years. The last time UA flew PWM-ORD, they were flying 727-200's and 737-500.

Also, UA1986, the late evening IAD-PWM, and early morning PWM-IAD is back to A320 for the season.

mjgbtv

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 am

Fex180 wrote:
paysonmt77 wrote:
I just pulled a quick United schedule to ORD and very shocked on the lift from various airports. July 14th to July 21st sat to sat flights.
MHT just 2 flights on CRJ 200- 100 seats available for purchase. No AA to ORD, SWA to MDW
BTV 5 flights A320, CRJ200(3), 737-700, 426 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD
BGR 3 flights CRJ 700, A319, E175, 264 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD
PWM 4 flights A320, E175, A319, E145 398 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD, SWA to MDW

Funny that there are more seats between ORD and BTV than MHT or PWM. Is there some kind of business connection between Burlington and Chicago that bumps demand for seats?

Nothing that I can think of. I expect it's mostly westbound connections, and if you add in the MDW seats the numbers are probably more in proportion. The AA to ORD flight at BTV is new and I believe is just one E145 daily.

Fex180

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:46 pm

pwm2txlhopper wrote:
Looks like United has reintrouduced mainline from ORD-PWM this summer season. The late evening flight 1610 has been A319 the last few days.

While they've upgauged EWR and IAD to A320 and -319' during summer season for the last two years, this is is the first UA mainline on ORD-PWM since 2001-2002ish. Last summer they upgraded to E170. That had been the largest UA equipment to ORD for quite a few years. The last time UA flew PWM-ORD, they were flying 727-200's and 737-500.

Also, UA1986, the late evening IAD-PWM, and early morning PWM-IAD is back to A320 for the season.

and yet PWM-EWR is getting virtually no upgrades for the summer season. A typical weekday is 5x PWM-EWR with 1 E-175 and 4 ERJ-145 or CRJ2's. Mainline runs look intermittent from the schedules I can see.

cloudboy

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
Fex180 wrote:
paysonmt77 wrote:
I just pulled a quick United schedule to ORD and very shocked on the lift from various airports. July 14th to July 21st sat to sat flights.
MHT just 2 flights on CRJ 200- 100 seats available for purchase. No AA to ORD, SWA to MDW
BTV 5 flights A320, CRJ200(3), 737-700, 426 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD
BGR 3 flights CRJ 700, A319, E175, 264 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD
PWM 4 flights A320, E175, A319, E145 398 seats available for purchase. AA to ORD, SWA to MDW

Funny that there are more seats between ORD and BTV than MHT or PWM. Is there some kind of business connection between Burlington and Chicago that bumps demand for seats?

Nothing that I can think of. I expect it's mostly westbound connections, and if you add in the MDW seats the numbers are probably more in proportion. The AA to ORD flight at BTV is new and I believe is just one E145 daily.

Burlington also pulls travelers from Quebec, as it is cheaper an easier to fly between two domestic points. not as bad as it once was, but it still is cheaper and easier.

Fex180

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 pm

cloudboy wrote:
Burlington also pulls travelers from Quebec, as it is cheaper an easier to fly between two domestic points. not as bad as it once was, but it still is cheaper and easier.

Isn't that one of the big reasons Porter operates out of BTV? or are do they fly that route to serve winter ski tourism?

Fex180

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Was using the wayback machine looking at the MHT website (flymanchester.com) from March of 2008. Made me realize how drastically WN has cut service at MHT in the past 10 years

from the "nonstop destinations" page March 2008

"Southwest Airlines
11 jets a day to Baltimore-Washington
6 jets a day to Philadelphia
5 jets a day to Chicago-Midway
5 jet a day to Orlando
3 jets a day to Tampa
1 jet a day to Las Vegas
1 jet a day to Phoenix
1 Saturday-only jet to Ft. Lauderdale beginning March 8th; Daily Ft. Lauderdale flights begin May 10th "

source : https://web.archive.org/web/20080330005 ... ations.php

I think MHT now is down to 6x daily to BWI, 3x daily to MDW, 1x daily to MCO and less than daily service to TPA.
Last edited by Fex180 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tphuang

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 pm

the crazy thing about that is that WN is not successful out of BOS to places outside of their fortress hubs. And they are not getting more gates. Seems like a bad strategy to me.

Fex180

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 pm

tphuang wrote:
the crazy thing about that is that WN is not successful out of BOS to places outside of their fortress hubs. And they are not getting more gates. Seems like a bad strategy to me.

BOS puts them head-to-head with a Jetblue hub as well as a decent presence from Spirit, not a surprised they have limited room for growth.

I think the problem is that as long as WN has any sort of reasonable presence at BOS, they won't be able to rebuild their mini-fortress at MHT.

iyerhari

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:00 pm

tphuang wrote:

IMO, WN may not leave BOS - it is an important station for them at-least to link the dots. They may not be happy with what they have but being #4 in BOS in rankings is not helpful either.

mjgbtv

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Fex180 wrote:
cloudboy wrote:

Isn't that one of the big reasons Porter operates out of BTV? or are do they fly that route to serve winter ski tourism?

Porter is a winter seasonal route and it is certainly marketed for ski tourism. It doesn't seem like it would have too much appeal for anything else.

LotsaRunway

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 pm

iyerhari wrote:
tphuang wrote:

IMO, WN may not leave BOS - it is an important station for them at-least to link the dots. They may not be happy with what they have but being #4 in BOS in rankings is not helpful either.

I agree that it is an important station for the rest of the WN network, even if the BOS crowd doesn't take to them. WN still seems to still want to grow at BOS, but I can't imagine they are currently making much money there. They need to run competitive fares with B6 and NK, and operating cost have got to be higher at Logan than at places like PVD and MHT. There is also the delay factor and extra fuel costs for lining up for take off and being put into an in-flight holding patterns during congestion. All reasons why the old WN avoided big airports, but the new WN learned they couldn't be without them to complete their domestic network.

I will add that it would be far easier for competitors to encroach on WN turf in MHT and PVD than it will be for WN to lucratively grow at BOS, at least in the near term. WN has themselves in a funny situation, trimming MHT to try to keep planes full at BOS that need the extra revenue to make those flights viable.

LotsaRunway

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Speaking of MHT, with the recent word that PrimeAir (Amazon) is pulling out of PVD for BDL, it seems to open the door for MHT or PSM to make a play for some PrimeAir Boston area business. BDL will fit Amazon needs for the that particular region, but I would suspect they would like to regain access closer to Boston in the near future. I'm sure the MHT aggressive management is all over this. :roll:

iyerhari

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
iyerhari wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I agree that it is an important station for the rest of the WN network, even if the BOS crowd doesn't take to them. WN still seems to still want to grow at BOS, but I can't imagine they are currently making much money there. They need to run competitive fares with B6 and NK, and operating cost have got to be higher at Logan than at places like PVD and MHT. There is also the delay factor and extra fuel costs for lining up for take off and being put into an in-flight holding patterns during congestion. All reasons why the old WN avoided big airports, but the new WN learned they couldn't be without them to complete their domestic network.

I will add that it would be far easier for competitors to encroach on WN turf in MHT and PVD than it will be for WN to lucratively grow at BOS, at least in the near term. WN has themselves in a funny situation, trimming MHT to try to keep planes full at BOS that need the extra revenue to make those flights viable.

The other large competitors benefit from BOS thanks to a large intl. codeshare partners in addition to intl. flights by themselves. The only route I believe WN has a complete monopoly with them is STL and I am surprised neither DL or B6 have picked up that route. I am not counting MDW, DAL, as there are multiple carriers on the primary airport side. But nevertheless, WN retrenching ops from BOS to MHT, PVD does not seem likely. BOS is an important city and growing and for the next foreseeable future, Logan will continue to grow.

WN's situation does not look good in any of the top tier NYC markets either. E.g. as per March-2018 numbers, WN does not even fit the top-20 at JFK. At EWR, they are #5 and at LGA they are a distant #3 behind AA.

chrisnh

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

MHT is already 3rd busiest for cargo in the region. But even so I’m wondering why FEDEX doesn’t fly both MEM and IND. UPS has the Rockford, IL flight, which may have more to do with the Logistics center than a need for more consumer freight.

Fex180

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm

A Sun Country 738 just landed at PWM from MSP , I assume it's a charter flight. To my recollection this is the first time in many years that a Sun Country aircraft has visited PWM.

Also interesting that PWM is handling commercial traffic on 18/36 this morning, which is also rare.

PVDspotting

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
Speaking of MHT, with the recent word that PrimeAir (Amazon) is pulling out of PVD for BDL, it seems to open the door for MHT or PSM to make a play for some PrimeAir Boston area business. BDL will fit Amazon needs for the that particular region, but I would suspect they would like to regain access closer to Boston in the near future. I'm sure the MHT aggressive management is all over this. :roll:

If the ground crew try and unionize at BDL they will pull out of there too. So MHT maybe next lol

PVDspotting

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Amazon Air really has nothing to do with Boston. Amazon's fulfillment center is in Fall River, Ma. The reason PVD was selected was due to it's close proximity to Fall River.

jplatts

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm

iyerhari wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
iyerhari wrote:

The other large competitors benefit from BOS thanks to a large intl. codeshare partners in addition to intl. flights by themselves. The only route I believe WN has a complete monopoly with them is STL and I am surprised neither DL or B6 have picked up that route. I am not counting MDW, DAL, as there are multiple carriers on the primary airport side. But nevertheless, WN retrenching ops from BOS to MHT, PVD does not seem likely. BOS is an important city and growing and for the next foreseeable future, Logan will continue to grow.

There is more than enough demand for WN to add BOS-SAT nonstop service since there is currently no nonstop service to BOS from SAT on any airline, since SAT does not currently have any B6 service, and since there was an average of over 250 passengers a day who were traveling between BOS and SAT (both directions included) in 2017. The lack of nonstop service to BOS out of SAT is a huge hole, and WN could easily fill BOS-SAT nonstop flights if it adds SAT-BOS nonstop service.

According to the DOT Domestic Airline Consumer Airfare report, there was an average of over 260 passengers a day who traveled between DAL and BOS (both directions included) in Q3 2017. However, this figure includes passengers connecting between DAL and BOS on DL through ATL and excludes passengers connecting to BOS from other cities through DAL on WN. There is more than enough demand for WN to continue serving BOS nonstop from DAL, even with competition from AA, NK, and B6 out of DFW.

VC10DC10

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Fex180 wrote:
Was using the wayback machine looking at the MHT website (flymanchester.com) from March of 2008. Made me realize how drastically WN has cut service at MHT in the past 10 years

from the "nonstop destinations" page March 2008

"Southwest Airlines
11 jets a day to Baltimore-Washington
6 jets a day to Philadelphia
5 jets a day to Chicago-Midway
5 jet a day to Orlando
3 jets a day to Tampa
1 jet a day to Las Vegas
1 jet a day to Phoenix
1 Saturday-only jet to Ft. Lauderdale beginning March 8th; Daily Ft. Lauderdale flights begin May 10th "

source : https://web.archive.org/web/20080330005 ... ations.php

I think MHT now is down to 6x daily to BWI, 3x daily to MDW, 1x daily to MCO and less than daily service to TPA.

I agree with your larger point about the WN pullback at MHT, but there's no indication how many of the flights above are "direct," i.e., continuations of shorter segments.

Edit: formatting

RKDFlier

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:47 am

Boutique Air is bidding against Cape Air on the EAS BOS-RKD route using Pc12's. There doesn't seem like much local support for them going by the article in the local newspaper.

LotsaRunway

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm

In light of the fast moving storms in the New England area yesterday, I thought I would check out any diversions and I found this odd one. SkyWest from ORD to MHT flew around the line of storms, then flew right over MHT on its way to diverting directly to BOS without any attempt at landing or holding. At first I thought this made sense, but then I realized that it was diverting to another airport directly in the line of the storms and that Boston was probably about to become a mess of delays. As it turns out, it got stuck at BOS for a while and then after it finally got to MHT the return flight to ORD was late enough that ORD got socked in with storms and the flight got further delayed and didn't get to ORD until after midnight. Why didn't it even try to hold for MHT? The storms blew through the MHT area in about 15 minutes? Or why not divert behind the line of storms instead of in front of it? Even a gas and go at PVD would have been a lot faster than trying to do it at BOS.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5638/history/20180618/1950Z/KORD/KMHT
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5638/history/20180618/2305Z/KBOS/KMHT
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5561/history/20180618/2245Z/KMHT/KORD

cloudboy

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm

I didn't catch the radio interview, but apparently Rectrix's delay on service from ORH to BWI was because of a pilot shortage. Though from the way he explained it, it sounds to me like they may be cutting it a little too close if one guy with an illness and another quitting managed to delay the whole launch.

https://worcestermag.com/2018/06/19/rec ... ghts/60415

PortlandMEguy

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Looks line Southwest's Saturday Seasonal PWM-MCO is cut for the time being based on their newest schedule extension.

RKDFlier

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 pm

PortlandMEguy wrote:
Looks line Southwest's Saturday Seasonal PWM-MCO is cut for the time being based on their newest schedule extension.

Could this open the door for Frontier to go year round?

chrisnh

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm not sure whether WN is struggling at BOS, but I get the sense that they're not going to grow a whole lot based on gate availability and an incumbent (B6) that owns the place. In any event, I wonder whether going to BOS was a smart move for them. It seems like their whole strategy of entering big-city airports represented way more misses than hits. If B6 wants some 'help' putting the screws to WN at BOS, Massport is there. Is it all worth even being there for WN??
Last edited by chrisnh on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revelation

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 pm

chrisnh wrote:
I wonder whether going to BOS was a smart move for them. It seems like their whole strategy of entering big-city airports represented way more misses than hits.

Instead of what, defending the realm from the MHTs, PVDs, and ISPs of the world while B6 becomes totally dominant at BOS and JFK? Might make for an interesting MBA project.

paysonmt77

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Southwest usually only flies during March and April Saturday only MCO-PWM, we will have to wait till March schedule comes out. They don't fly to MCO in February, which I could not understand. B6 flew to MCO on a daily basis and yielded 90+, but flying E-190 does not make any money. Frontier plans to expand to TPA and RSW at some point.

Fex180

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Revelation wrote:
chrisnh wrote:
I wonder whether going to BOS was a smart move for them. It seems like their whole strategy of entering big-city airports represented way more misses than hits.

Instead of what, defending the realm from the MHTs, PVDs, and ISPs of the world while B6 becomes totally dominant at BOS and JFK? Might make for an interesting MBA project.

There's no reason WN can't have a token presence at BOS, it certainly does them no harm. But as of right now they seem very uninterested in all of their New England markets, especially MHT and PWM.

Revelation

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Fex180 wrote:
Revelation wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

There's no reason WN can't have a token presence at BOS, it certainly does them no harm. But as of right now they seem very uninterested in basically all of their New England markets, especially MHT and PWM.

Right, they're definitely favoring BOS over MHT/PWM/PVD/etc. It's the whole "big piece of a small pie vs small piece of a big pie" argument. It'd be nice if we had the numbers. It seems if they wanted to retreat from BOS the others would have them back so it seems they're OK with the status quo.

chrisnh

Fex180 wrote:
Revelation wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

There's no reason WN can't have a token presence at BOS, it certainly does them no harm. But as of right now they seem very uninterested in basically all of their New England markets, especially MHT and PWM.

Totally agree with that. But in its place they seem to be enamored with places like Buffalo and Albany at the moment. Perhaps it's them trying to curry favor with NY politicians in the same way that B6 going to Worcester was a way to curry favor with Massport. All about greasing the skids with folks who can help. Boosting service at BUF and ALB might get them better LGA access...who knows how the game under the hood is really played.

Fex180

paysonmt77 wrote:
Southwest usually only flies during March and April Saturday only MCO-PWM, we will have to wait till March schedule comes out. They don't fly to MCO in February, which I could not understand. B6 flew to MCO on a daily basis and yielded 90+, but flying E-190 does not make any money. Frontier plans to expand to TPA and RSW at some point.

TPA and RSW from PWM?? Seems like a bit of stretch...but then again Frontier does love the dart board
Last edited by Fex180 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fex180

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 pm

RKDFlier wrote:
PortlandMEguy wrote:

Could this open the door for Frontier to go year round?

Interestingly, the only route that F9 lists as "seasonal" from PWM is RDU. Also it looks like PWM-DEN is getting a slight bump up to 4x weekly in August (Sun-Tues-Thurs-Fri) with Friday runs using an A319

uconn99

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Fex180 wrote:
Revelation wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

There's no reason WN can't have a token presence at BOS, it certainly does them no harm. But as of right now they seem very uninterested in all of their New England markets, especially MHT and PWM.

I agree for the most part but WN added STL from BDL starting this August, when is the last time WN added a new city outside of BOS from New England? It's been a while.

Also, WN added DEN from BDL not too long ago to compete against UA.

Portlander

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Southwest could have built a profitable and loyal route to MCO from Maine if they would have given it proper marketing and consistent service over the past couple of years. I wish Frontier success and the extra flight in August to DEN hopefully means that future bookings are doing well. Not sure of the need for RDU seeing that American continues to strengthen it's service to CLT, so it wouldn't surprise me if it remains seasonal out of PWM.

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:54 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a record summer at BTV. The airport seems busier , there have been a few more flight delta to JFK, AA to ORD.

jsteeves3

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:22 am

Any thought of a new airline coming to HYA in the summer? I live on Cape Cod and endure the 1+ hours just to get over the bridge regularly. Tourist season is insane here. Maybe a flight to D.C or ORD would do the trick to alleviate some traffic. Demand is definitely here.

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:41 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a record summer at BTV. The airport seems busier , there have been a few more flight delta to JFK, AA to ORD.

And a lot of mainline to boot.

AA running 3 190's to PHL of the 5 daily flights.
ATL seeing mainline, EWR and ORD seeing mainline UA.

Onto of the additional flights/routes.

Very well should be comparable, maybe close to 2007ish.

pwm2txlhopper

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Fex180 wrote:
paysonmt77 wrote:

TPA and RSW from PWM?? Seems like a bit of stretch...but then again Frontier does love the dart board

When I worked the DL ramp at PWM, on any given flight (this was almost twenty years ago) almost half the people on flights to ATL and CVG were tagged to MCO, TPA, RSW, FLL, MIA, JAX. Plus all the ones going to places like TLH, JAX, MBS, GNV, PNS, SRQ. In the winter, probably more than 50% of the mainline plane was tagged to Florida? The only cities with more people checked were to LGA/DCA.

Currently, Florida cities are one of the largest market for PWM O/D. The largest OD markets are NYC airports combined , DCA/IAD, PHL.

PWM to Florida is a untapped market. Albeit probably not profitable at $250 roundtrips that you can already book out of PWM to Florida. JetBlue and Air Tran have both tried PWM-MCO, but it never lasts. Elite Air seems to be the only carrier that's made year round Florida flights work to secondary cities.

tomaheath

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm

This September UA pulls the plug on ORD flights out of Manchester.

chrisnh

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:51 pm

It was inevitable but the service was poor. Unless ORD was your destination, connecting onward was a horrible ordeal. AA might come in to serve ORD, they might not. But whether they do or don’t won’t be MHT management at work. They draw big paychecks to serves as little more than janitors of the place. They will say that economics pulled UA out of this market. But if AA steps in, they’ll beat their chests and scream, “LOOK WHAT WE DID!”

Trk1

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Connecting at ord is not a problem. Thousands connect from term 2 to 1 daily with little problem. The problem is people do not want to fly from Manchester

tomaheath

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 pm

I know I’m the minority but I definitely prefer to fly from Manchester.

piedmontf284000

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Manchester-Boston deputy airport director Thomas Malafronte said United’s decision to suspend service between Manchester and Chicago was due to fleet constraints...

http://www.wmur.com/article/united-airl ... e/22011531

No way this is gone for good. It will be back by late winter/early spring.

bagoldex

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:48 pm

piedmontf284000 wrote:
Manchester-Boston deputy airport director Thomas Malafronte said United’s decision to suspend service between Manchester and Chicago was due to fleet constraints...

http://www.wmur.com/article/united-airl ... e/22011531

No way this is gone for good. It will be back by late winter/early spring.

'Fleet constraints' is still just a way of saying it was a poorly performing route not worth devoting limited resources to.

tomaheath

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:55 pm

I looked at tomorrow’s ORD flights from Manchester 16,12 and 32 empty seats on a CRJ200 at $418 one way.

B752OS

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 pm

tomaheath wrote:
I looked at tomorrow’s ORD flights from Manchester 16,12 and 32 empty seats on a CRJ200 at $418 one way.

Seat maps on an airline's website is not the most accurate way to gauge loads on a particular flight.

B752OS

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 pm

chrisnh wrote:
It was inevitable but the service was poor. Unless ORD was your destination, connecting onward was a horrible ordeal. AA might come in to serve ORD, they might not. But whether they do or don’t won’t be MHT management at work. They draw big paychecks to serves as little more than janitors of the place. They will say that economics pulled UA out of this market. But if AA steps in, they’ll beat their chests and scream, “LOOK WHAT WE DID!”

Connecting at ORD is not that bad, it's a lot easier than at say ATL or DFW.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos