Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LotsaRunway

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN) - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:32 pm

VS4ever wrote:
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2018/04/worcester_regional_airport_hop.html

Looks like Massport finished the improvements to ORH just in time and maybe a contributing factor to getting both the JFK flight next month and the new rumored flight in a couple of days time. Because $32m needs a lot of income to get a return on that investment.

Just curious as to who is really going to benefit from the Cat III? I don't think there is much FedEx, UPS, Amazon or DHL. The AA E145 isn't likely to use Cat III. B6 E190s can in most cases, but do they/will they? Airlines seem to prefer cancelling over the risk of diverting and being out of position. It will be interesting to see how much it gets used.

pitbosflyer

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:34 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2018/04/worcester_regional_airport_hop.html

Looks like Massport finished the improvements to ORH just in time and maybe a contributing factor to getting both the JFK flight next month and the new rumored flight in a couple of days time. Because $32m needs a lot of income to get a return on that investment.

Just curious as to who is really going to benefit from the Cat III? I don't think there is much FedEx, UPS, Amazon or DHL. The AA E145 isn't likely to use Cat III. B6 E190s can in most cases, but do they/will they? Airlines seem to prefer cancelling over the risk of diverting and being out of position. It will be interesting to see how much it gets used.

I don't think anyone has posted it yet although LotsaRunway alluded to it. AA is coming to ORH with daily service to PHL.
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/ ... _worc.html

33lspotter

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm

B595 wrote:
Sometime in the past few years an Air Canada A333 diverted to BTV owing to poor weather at YUL. I don't have the details handy, but I believe the departure point was someplace in Europe.

BTV occasionally sees trans-Atlantic private jet traffic (Bombardiers/Gulfstreams). In fact, there's a BTV-based Global Express (N782SF) that's done more than a few Atlantic hops, including Nice and Venice among others. And there was even one trans-Pacific Gulfstream flight NRT-BTV in recent memory.

I don't recall seeing any civil large-jet charters (e.g. TUI Airways), although there have been a good number of military large-jet charters in support of VT National Guard deployments (including MD11, 744, 763). (edit: These military charters were domestic, not trans-Atlantic).

Thanks for the insight!

I put the reg of the GLEX into FlightAware and found this TATL hop from VCE to BTV just a month ago.

Interesting tale re: the Air Canada A333, although it does make sense given BTV's proximity to YUL. Obviously they wouldn't have a crew sitting there and available if they encountered a timeout, but the 8,300 foot runway is long enough to handle pretty much anything, so makes perfect sense if they just have to go wait something out. In addition to the SNN note, I think I also saw something else about a BA 744 diverting to BTV back in 2015, but could not corroborate it. Regardless, still pretty cool to discover that there has been TATL movements involving BTV.

tomaheath

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Manchester had an DL A330 diversion from AMS a few years ago flew over my house that was pretty interesting.

33lspotter

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:09 pm

tomaheath wrote:
Manchester had an DL A330 diversion from AMS a few years ago flew over my house that was pretty interesting.

Wow, that must have been quite a sight. In terms of other NH airports I guess PSM had a BA 744 stop there en route to LHR after the fuel fire at BOS back in 2013.

tomaheath

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 pm

That was a interesting day. DL had an A330 and I believe a 737. 2 B6 A320s. Virgin America had an A320 and WN had a couple as well. Thunder storms in Boston that day.
https://youtu.be/ar2WOp3CRRI

cheapgreek

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 pm

I am surprised at the level of service at PWM. Its been years since I've been to Maine and it always seemed to be a step back in time. Its the main airport for the state and even though its not centrally located in the state, it does happen to be in the most populated portion of it. Once you go past Augusta, there's not much of large population base.

33lspotter

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:13 am

Revelation wrote:
... unless you count black flys!

And moose. :duck: (I'm from Maine so I'm allowed to make those jokes.)

Revelation

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:17 am

cheapgreek wrote:
I am surprised at the level of service at PWM. Its been years since I've been to Maine and it always seemed to be a step back in time. Its the main airport for the state and even though its not centrally located in the state, it does happen to be in the most populated portion of it. Once you go past Augusta, there's not much of large population base.

... unless you count black flys!

Fex180

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:18 am

cheapgreek wrote:

Honestly I've always felt that Portland is a city that punches well above its weight. That might be because it's the ONLY substantial city in Maine and thus the economic and transportation hub for about a million people who live north of the city. I grew up just outside of Portland and it always felt like I was in a very cosmopolitan city. Manchester, while technically larger, always feels like somewhat of a backwater compared to Portland.

33lspotter

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:44 am

Fex180 wrote:
Honestly I've always felt that Portland is a city that punches well above its weight. That might be because it's the ONLY substantial city in Maine and thus the economic and transportation hub for about a million people who live north of the city. I grew up just outside of Portland and it always felt like I was in a very cosmopolitan city. Manchester, while technically larger, always feels like somewhat of a backwater compared to Portland.

I would actually agree with this. Southern Maine is by no means a metro area, but Cumberland and York counties combined have a population of approximately 500,000. That's not even counting other counties within an hour of PWM: Sagadahoc, Oxford, Kennebec, Androscoggin, Lincoln, etc.

Fex180

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm

33lspotter wrote:

I would actually agree with this. Southern Maine is by no means a metro area, but Cumberland and York counties combined have a population of approximately 500,000. That's not even counting other counties within an hour of PWM: Sagadahoc, Oxford, Kennebec, Androscoggin, Lincoln, etc.

Also worth noting that while Portland isn't the largest city in Northern New England, it is the largest urban area and metropolitan area in Northern New England.

33lspotter

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Random note, PWM got its first visit from the 737 MAX (WN) this past weekend. Flew in from BWI Saturday night, returned to BWI Sunday morning.

Fex180

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 pm

33lspotter wrote:
Random note, PWM got its first visit from the 737 MAX (WN) this past weekend. Flew in from BWI Saturday night, returned to BWI Sunday morning.

WN seems to be sending 738s to PWM on a fairly regular basis, which I guess is a good sign of demand. Came home yesterday on the Saturday MCO-PWM flight which was PACKED.

mjgbtv

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

33lspotter wrote:
B595 wrote:
Sometime in the past few years an Air Canada A333 diverted to BTV owing to poor weather at YUL. I don't have the details handy, but I believe the departure point was someplace in Europe.

BTV occasionally sees trans-Atlantic private jet traffic (Bombardiers/Gulfstreams). In fact, there's a BTV-based Global Express (N782SF) that's done more than a few Atlantic hops, including Nice and Venice among others. And there was even one trans-Pacific Gulfstream flight NRT-BTV in recent memory.

I don't recall seeing any civil large-jet charters (e.g. TUI Airways), although there have been a good number of military large-jet charters in support of VT National Guard deployments (including MD11, 744, 763). (edit: These military charters were domestic, not trans-Atlantic).

Thanks for the insight!

I put the reg of the GLEX into FlightAware and found this TATL hop from VCE to BTV just a month ago.

Interesting tale re: the Air Canada A333, although it does make sense given BTV's proximity to YUL. Obviously they wouldn't have a crew sitting there and available if they encountered a timeout, but the 8,300 foot runway is long enough to handle pretty much anything, so makes perfect sense if they just have to go wait something out. In addition to the SNN note, I think I also saw something else about a BA 744 diverting to BTV back in 2015, but could not corroborate it. Regardless, still pretty cool to discover that there has been TATL movements involving BTV.

I can't recall where the AC A333 came from either. I think they actually cancelled the flight and de-planed. There are some photos on the BTV Facebook page of it sitting on the ramp with stairs. I believe it arrived after dark so those photos must have been taken the next day.

Some of the military charters have been trans-Atlantic. Most recently, I think was a UA 744.

I don't believe that a BA 744 diverted to BTV. I have never seen anything like that on Flightaware, and I think something like that would have showed up in the media/social media like the AC A333 did.

RL757PVD

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, WN didn’t even flinch at PVD and they flat out let F9 take the DEN market despite having flown it for a few years and still flying it at similar airports

B595

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:25 am

mjgbtv wrote:
I can't recall where the AC A333 came from either. I think they actually cancelled the flight and de-planed.

That's my recollection, too. The customs processing must have been a bear.

mjgbtv wrote:
There are some photos on the BTV Facebook page of it sitting on the ramp with stairs.

Cool, didn't know that. I'm glad someone had the presence of mind to get some photos for the record. The only other Air Canada diversions to BTV that I've seen were a B1900 (I think enroute BDL-YUL) and a CRJ200 (I'm tempted to say enroute LGA-YUL, but not sure).

Fex180

Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm

I wonder if we'll ever see transcon service at either PVD or PWM. Right now Logan has a monopoly on all transcon flights to/from New England with the exception AA's 1x daily BDL-LAX with a 738.

cheapgreek

Fri May 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Fex180 wrote:
I wonder if we'll ever see transcon service at either PVD or PWM. Right now Logan has a monopoly on all transcon flights to/from New England with the exception AA's 1x daily BDL-LAX with a 738.

I don't see PWM having a transcon, but PVD can support LAX and SFO with a daily. PVD's market is much larger than PWM.

VS4ever

Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Massport Video of the ORH-JFK yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterRegio ... 964725112/

some nice shots, plus the water canon salute on the way out.. I hope this one does well. We will know in 3 months time when the data gets reported by T-100.

cloudboy

Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm in that video (not saying who). I think it will do well - IF they cqn get it to return on time. If I don't end up getting into ORH until 1am every evening I won't be taking it.

That Fire Engine on the left - I think it throws out more smoke than any fire would!

VS4ever

Mon May 07, 2018 1:42 pm

cloudboy wrote:
I'm in that video (not saying who). I think it will do well - IF they cqn get it to return on time. If I don't end up getting into ORH until 1am every evening I won't be taking it.

That Fire Engine on the left - I think it throws out more smoke than any fire would!

It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far:

Scheduled arrival is 11.56pm

5/2 - 12.11am arrival
5/3 - 01.08am arrival
5/4 - 01.59am arrival (ouch)
5/5 - 11.33pm arrival
5/6 - 11.33pm arrival

Well done on getting in on the video! whichever person you may be. :)

cloudboy

Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 pm

If you were in the terminal Thursday morning, you were involved in at least one interview or video recording, if not several. I think there was more press than passengers!

But 1:08am - ouch! That is not good when the first three days are consistently late.

Fex180

Wed May 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Some PWM notes

Noticed that B6 has been using 320's intermittently on JFK-PWM runs. Can't tell if it's regularly scheduled or substitute equipment but it's happened a few times in the last month. Wouldn't come as a total surprise for me if they were using larger equipment for some runs. I've flown PWM-JFK 3 times this year with B6 and every time the flight is over 90% full.

Looks like WN is going back up to 4x daily PWM-BWI for the summer season starting June 7th.

AA is using E190s and 175s for PWM-PHL. Previously they had been using mostly ERJs from what I can recall.

uconn99

Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 pm

I noticed AA is now flying a mix of A319/A320 PHL-BDL on the last flight of the day and also BDL-PHL on the first flight of the day. I can't remember AA flying mainline into PHL for years unless I have missed it. I would assume these are seasonal flights as most of the time it is a mix of CRJ and ERJ flying this route.

uconn99

Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 pm

BDL has updated their master plan, the Hartford Business journal did an article a couple weeks ago and the Courant had an article today.

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article ... aster-plan

An update to BDL's master plan can be found here:

http://www.bradley-planning.com/project-documents/

MO11

Thu May 10, 2018 2:50 am

uconn99 wrote:
I noticed AA is now flying a mix of A319/A320 PHL-BDL on the last flight of the day and also BDL-PHL on the first flight of the day. I can't remember AA flying mainline into PHL for years unless I have missed it. I would assume these are seasonal flights as most of the time it is a mix of CRJ and ERJ flying this route.

It ran the A319 from Aug24-Nov4 last year. After that it had three ERJ190s mixed in with Eagle. The Airbus returned on Feb15. I'm not sure this could be deemed "seasonal".

Before this, the Airbus appeared in 2013.

LotsaRunway

Sat May 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Any of the MHT crew here have an update to the Airport Director search and if there is any general sense of direction? The airport hasn't appeared to have a sense of direction or who it wants to be when it grows up, in years.

bdlflyer

Mon May 14, 2018 7:23 pm

United will be ending its 3 daily nonstop flights between BDL and EWR 10/04/2018. Interestingly enough, this is the same day United's seasonal nonstop BDL - IAH resumes.
Last edited by bdlflyer on Mon May 14, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisnh

Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
Any of the MHT crew here have an update to the Airport Director search and if there is any general sense of direction? The airport hasn't appeared to have a sense of direction or who it wants to be when it grows up, in years.

Agree 100% on the lack of urgency and progress. It's been a years-long malaise that, early-on, could be 'explained away' as something all small airports were encountering. But then PVD started waking up. Then PWM. And soon, MHT folks couldn't explain it away without it sounding hollow. Of course, whoever is next will need to change that malaise into action as best they know how. One thing I sort of worry about (as I have for awhile) is the bond rating at MHT. They've got borrowed money needing repayment, and it's not an easy thing when your sources of revenue (parking, landing fees, concessions, etc.) are all drying up. All that infrastructure was built with a much higher level of activity in mind than we've seen since, well, 2005.

The whole customs/immigration fit-out is frustrating too. There's no guarantee that building a customs/immigration facility will draw international flights. But as a famous hockey player once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

LotsaRunway

Mon May 14, 2018 7:49 pm

chrisnh wrote:
Agree 100% on the lack of urgency and progress. It's been a years-long malaise that, early-on, could be 'explained away' as something all small airports were encountering. But then PVD started waking up. Then PWM. And soon, MHT folks couldn't explain it away without it sounding hollow. Of course, whoever is next will need to change that malaise into action as best they know how. One thing I sort of worry about (as I have for awhile) is the bond rating at MHT. They've got borrowed money needing repayment, and it's not an easy thing when your sources of revenue (parking, landing fees, concessions, etc.) are all drying up. All that infrastructure was built with a much higher level of activity in mind than we've seen since, well, 2005.

The whole customs/immigration fit-out is frustrating too. There's no guarantee that building a customs/immigration facility will draw international flights. But as a famous hockey player once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

I was looking at the last published Master Plan for the airport in 2011 and it shows steady growth restarting in 2011. Here we are in 2018 and nobody is sure if the bottom has been found yet, thus whatever funding they might have planned on may not be there. I wonder if some of the more costly elements of the Master Plan will get dropped or delayed? Runway 6 approach lighting is scheduled by 2020 and a terminal project that connects the garage bridge to the second floor security checkpoint seem like they could go away in the near term.

tomaheath

Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

I was looking at the last published Master Plan for the airport in 2011 and it shows steady growth restarting in 2011. Here we are in 2018 and nobody is sure if the bottom has been found yet, thus whatever funding they might have planned on may not be there. I wonder if some of the more costly elements of the Master Plan will get dropped or delayed? Runway 6 approach lighting is scheduled by 2020 and a terminal project that connects the garage bridge to the second floor security checkpoint seem like they could go away in the near term.

I though the last bond rating that was public had increased slightly A- to A? That bridge would definitely be handy if you parked in the garage and had no checked baggage I believe the plan involves raising the roof definitely a costly project. I thought there was issues with the runway 6 approach light that it would be in the river?

LotsaRunway

Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 pm

I was just reading about the Southwest sale. They are advertising $49 between BOS-BWI and PVD-DCA. Insteed, those fares appear pretty commonly on the WN website. Strangely, the add says the sale excludes PWM, the only market limited that way. Further, BWI to PVD, MHT, BDL and ISP are all being sold at $79, rather than the $49 deal BOS is getting. Strangely, even though PWM is excluded, I found it for sale at the same $79 everyone else in the region is getting. I didn’t do an expansive search to see if there were cheaper fares on a few limited dates.

jplatts

Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 am

LotsaRunway wrote:
I was just reading about the Southwest sale. They are advertising $49 between BOS-BWI and PVD-DCA. Insteed, those fares appear pretty commonly on the WN website. Strangely, the add says the sale excludes PWM, the only market limited that way. Further, BWI to PVD, MHT, BDL and ISP are all being sold at $79, rather than the $49 deal BOS is getting. Strangely, even though PWM is excluded, I found it for sale at the same $79 everyone else in the region is getting. I didn’t do an expansive search to see if there were cheaper fares on a few limited dates.

NK and B6 also serve BOS nonstop from BWI in addition to WN, and B6 also serves BOS nonstop from DCA and IAD in addition to BWI. AA also serves BOS nonstop from DCA, and UA also serves BOS nonstop from IAD. WN faces more competition on BWI-BOS than it does on nonstops to other Northeastern destinations from BWI.

cloudboy

Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

VS4ever wrote:
cloudboy wrote:

5/2 - 12.11am arrival
5/3 - 01.08am arrival
5/5 - 11.33pm arrival
5/6 - 11.33pm arrival

So, according to Flight Aware, the arrivals for the last several days:

5/16 - Cancelled
5/15 - 4:47am (that can't be right???)
5/13 - 11:57pm
5/12 - 12:30am
5/12 - 2:25am
5/11 - 2:01am
5/10 - 1:00am
5/8 - 11:43pm
5/7 - 11:53pm

I so wanted this to succeed. But this is just not going to work this way.

evank516

Wed May 16, 2018 4:14 pm

cloudboy wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
cloudboy wrote:

5/2 - 12.11am arrival
5/3 - 01.08am arrival
5/5 - 11.33pm arrival
5/6 - 11.33pm arrival

5/16 - Cancelled

It's pretty common knowledge that B6's on time performance is in the toilet. This is really going to affect them in a negative way from a customer view point.

VS4ever

Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

evank516 wrote:
cloudboy wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

5/2 - 12.11am arrival
5/3 - 01.08am arrival
5/5 - 11.33pm arrival
5/6 - 11.33pm arrival

5/16 - Cancelled

It's pretty common knowledge that B6's on time performance is in the toilet. This is really going to affect them in a negative way from a customer view point.

you think those were bad:

5/8 - 11.43pm
5/9 - 1.00am
5/10 - 2.01am
5/11 - 2.25am
5/12 - 12.30am
5/13 - 11.57pm
5/14 - 4.47am
5/15 - Cancelled

evank516

Wed May 16, 2018 6:07 pm

VS4ever wrote:
evank516 wrote:
cloudboy wrote:

5/16 - Cancelled

5/8 - 11.43pm
5/9 - 1.00am
5/10 - 2.01am
5/11 - 2.25am
5/12 - 12.30am
5/13 - 11.57pm
5/14 - 4.47am
5/15 - Cancelled

Is it just me or do these one flight per day markets always seem to bear the brunt of jetBlue's bad performance?

NickolayAv

Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

evank516 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
evank516 wrote:

5/8 - 11.43pm
5/9 - 1.00am
5/10 - 2.01am
5/11 - 2.25am
5/12 - 12.30am
5/13 - 11.57pm
5/14 - 4.47am
5/15 - Cancelled

Is it just me or do these one flight per day markets always seem to bear the brunt of jetBlue's bad performance?

I don't think so. Look at the flights from BOS to the Carribean that depart in the late evening and arriving on the island during the night.
I always see them running very late.

tphuang

Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

I think JetBlue prioritize business markets over leisure markets and these once a day route. Hopefully, with the aip and more schedule padding, this gets better by second half.

cloudboy

Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am

Looks like someone else is looking for a deal at ORH, too.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/ ... fth_d.html

chrisnh

Thu May 17, 2018 1:27 am

Of COURSE it will be DL. JetBlue and AA wanted to curry favor with Massport, so they set up shop at their “pet project” in Worcester so they’d get favorable treatment at Logan. It’s clear who that third one will be.

iyerhari

Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 am

chrisnh wrote:
Of COURSE it will be DL. JetBlue and AA wanted to curry favor with Massport, so they set up shop at their “pet project” in Worcester so they’d get favorable treatment at Logan. It’s clear who that third one will be.

Assuming it will be ATL or DTW. ATL will be huge and a big bonus for ORH IMO.

boslax

Thu May 17, 2018 2:48 am

Tonight's JetBlue JFK-ORH flight arriving at 3:00am. I know there's weather issues around, but this getting ridiculous. Taking a peak at BOS, delayed JetBlue flights all day long. Adding spares this summer may help. But at what point do people start booking away from them?

flymco753

Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm

iyerhari wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

Could be LGA or JFK, DTW wouldn’t surprise me since it’s the connecting point for east/west travel.

evank516

Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 pm

boslax wrote:
Tonight's JetBlue JFK-ORH flight arriving at 3:00am. I know there's weather issues around, but this getting ridiculous. Taking a peak at BOS, delayed JetBlue flights all day long. Adding spares this summer may help. But at what point do people start booking away from them?

I'm going to be honest, I'm already starting to book away from them. Starting to revert back to DL more often now and usually checking DL before I check B6 when I travel. I'm flying B6 to DAB next week and was willing to forego a nonstop to connect in ATL because DL is more reliable nowadays.

flymco753 wrote:
iyerhari wrote:
chrisnh wrote:

Could be LGA or JFK, DTW wouldn’t surprise me since it’s the connecting point for east/west travel.

DL definitely has to be the carrier. This would be their, what, 3rd time in ORH? I think BGR is one of the few east coast markets that doesn't have ATL flights (others being SWF, BGM, and ITH with ELM being seasonal), so I'm going to venture a guess that ATL would be part of the deal based on the odds.

tphuang

Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 pm

evank516 wrote:
I'm going to be honest, I'm already starting to book away from them. Starting to revert back to DL more often now and usually checking DL before I check B6 when I travel. I'm flying B6 to DAB next week and was willing to forego a nonstop to connect in ATL because DL is more reliable nowadays.

Just curious, have you noticed it to be a lot worse for B6 at JFK? I generally have had a lot of bad experience with every carrier out of JFK/LGA. And DL also seems to pad their schedules more a lot more. And just checking anecdotally on flightstats this year, they generally have about the same OTP out of JFK. The problem is B6 is not punctual at any other airport.

LotsaRunway

Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 pm

VS4ever wrote:
evank516 wrote:
cloudboy wrote:

5/16 - Cancelled

5/8 - 11.43pm
5/9 - 1.00am
5/10 - 2.01am
5/11 - 2.25am
5/12 - 12.30am
5/13 - 11.57pm
5/14 - 4.47am
5/15 - Cancelled

Does anyone know where the inbound flight to JFK comes from before turning to ORH, and is it chronically late?

LotsaRunway

Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Often discussed is UA's lack of concern for New England outside of BOS, a friend of mine related his recent attempt at flying MHT-ORD the other day. He justified flying UA by saying he was taking the first flight in the morning, what could go wrong. When he showed up at the airport to check his bag, he was greeted with a 3-hour delay and was told it was quite common. Once it did take off, it went nonstop to Dayton instead of ORD, which he was told was not common. He was happy to arrive in ORD early enough in the day to be reaccommodated on a different connecting flight, but he ended up in a middle seat the rest of the way to LAX. Anyway, here's the track record for some of these UA flights at MHT. Maybe others can find and post some of the other chronically late flights in the region. All airlines have them, but some airlines don't make much attempt to spread the pain around and keep hitting the same cities. It seems the B6 JFK-ORH flight is an attempt to give ORH some extra service for a time when a plane is available, but it doesn't appear as if the airline is trying too hard to make it a good experience.

ZW3832 MHT-ORD Scheduled departure 6:45AM
5/7 8:49am
5/8 8:37am
5/9 8:23am
5/10 6:56am
5/11 6:54am
5/12 6:46am
5/14 10:10am
5/15 9:45am - sent to DAY
5/16 9:04am
5/17 8:56am

ZW3853 MHT-ORD Scheduled departure 6:10pm
5/7 6:10pm
5/8 8:35pm
5/9 7:27pm
5/10 7:07pm
5/11 6:17pm
5/12 7:22pm
5/13 6:27pm
5/14 Cancelled
5/15 10:39pm
5/16 8:35pm

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos