SQ22
Topic Author

The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN) - 2018

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Happy new year. Its time to open a new thread. Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374475

jco613

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN) - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

On my phone so hopefully mod can quote the last post from 2017 in here...

I'm at HVN now and, not shockingly, I'm awaiting a 2 hour delayed (mx) flight. Remember the cr2 is older now but the folks here say the dash-8s were a lot more reliable fwiw. They're in good spirits though and the 700s are welcome when they show up. I hope this airport continues to thrive and grow. Now, to do my uber pickup

cheapgreek

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:20 am

jco613 wrote:
On my phone so hopefully mod can quote the last post from 2017 in here...

I'm at HVN now and, not shockingly, I'm awaiting a 2 hour delayed (mx) flight. Remember the cr2 is older now but the folks here say the dash-8s were a lot more reliable fwiw. They're in good spirits though and the 700s are welcome when they show up. I hope this airport continues to thrive and grow. Now, to do my uber pickup

Whenever I was in PHL or CLT to change planes, almost all cancellations in the express terminal were Dash-8's. The CRJ-200's are younger than the Dash's, especially the 100's. With the loads they have been having, AA might add 700's to replace one or more of the 200's.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:45 am

To add to the HVN talk. In the event the runway is lengthened and more service is started....do you think a new terminal is in order? Thinking logically, the very small terminal presently operating could have a hard time accomodating increased passenger numbers, especially during the morning when three or four flights leave at the same time. Same thing in baggage claim when even one 737 arrives. Too small a facility. I say this becauseywars ago when the United 737 flights would come and go, they combined with a similarly timed turboprop flight often would result in lines spreading outside of the terminal. That was then...before advanced screening took place. What do you think?

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:02 am

3/2 Delta starts BTV-JFK flights 2x daily geared mainly at connections.

Just another route they will compete head to head with B6. Really much better than LGA for connections though places like LAX, SFO, LAS, PHX, SEA all one stop in JFK in addition to Europe. As of now they just added JFK and i don't see them reducing LGA, so we will see if that works. JFK is also a much better place to connect in addition to alot more cities.

jco613

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
To add to the HVN talk. In the event the runway is lengthened and more service is started....do you think a new terminal is in order? Thinking logically, the very small terminal presently operating could have a hard time accomodating increased passenger numbers, especially during the morning when three or four flights leave at the same time. Same thing in baggage claim when even one 737 arrives. Too small a facility. I say this becauseywars ago when the United 737 flights would come and go, they combined with a similarly timed turboprop flight often would result in lines spreading outside of the terminal. That was then...before advanced screening took place. What do you think?

Honestly, I don't think it's an issue yet. There is counter space. TSA can only screen 1 PAX at a time, but the line is always minimal at best. They're not going to get 737s or even E190s for a while so I wouldn't be concerned.

By the way the night arrival was delayed 2 hours as well. Don't know why but if it was mx, I wonder if the extreme cold has anything to do with these issues

F27500

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:15 pm

CairnterriAIR wrote:

A new terminal for New Haven is definitely in order. Is it functional right now? Yes. Barely.

I worked there in the 90s when they converted a rickety old hangar into whats now the terminal building. Even back then, we had leaks, freezing cold temps inside in the winter, we sweated in the summer.

And its just an ugly dive. It looks like exactly what it is .. a hangar made into a makeshift terminal building. And t he baggage claim - rental car area is a run down slum.

If HVN is to be taken seriously, this terminal needs to be replaced. I doubt it was ever meant to last as long as it has been used. Its an embarrassment.

When local commuter rail stops have nicer buildings than HVN Airport, something's definitely wrong somewhere !

HVNwxROC

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Does anybody know when a new air bridge is to be installed at HVN? New Haven budgeted a replacement air bridge in the approved budget last year when AA decided to replace the Dash 8s with jets. Is it dependent on the outcome of the lawsuit & pending appeal?

uconn99

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Say the terminal is improved, how do you deal with the airports location in a neighborhood? It's not like the roads can be improved that much to deal with increased traffic from possibly 15-20 departures a day in the future.

cheapgreek

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 am

uconn99 wrote:
Say the terminal is improved, how do you deal with the airports location in a neighborhood? It's not like the roads can be improved that much to deal with increased traffic from possibly 15-20 departures a day in the future.

Back in the 90's when UA had 737's to ORD, yearly totals reached 130K and no problem with traffic. Along with the ORD flights, CO had flights to EWR and US had flights to PHL,BWI,DCA and PIT. Some streets could be changed to one way off the main road allowing traffic to be split between streets instead of one street. HVN is in a very good position being minutes from I-95 and I-91 and the center of New Haven. When the runway is upgraded, AA could offer service to CLT and perhaps ORD. The terminal can handle more than it does today but when more airlines add new service, a new terminal will be needed down the road.
An improved HVN can reduce dependence on BDL and make air travel for area flyers easier, closer and quicker arriving and departing. New Haven's metro area needs its own airport to make the area more attractive to the business community. With 3-4 airlines, most of the domestic market can be serviced by HVN and as far as international flights, nothing beats JFK in terms of non-stop flights to more cities with more airlines and a wide array of fares.

tomaheath

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm

I was walking around MHT terminal the other day and noticed the old TSA Checkpoint down by the DL and UA gates. I know this area is set aside for a customs screening area. Wasn’t sure if there’s any rumors out there about this. Also noticed a temporary fence on the ramp near gate number 4. I going to guess that there’s no short term plan for customs in the passenger terminal with the new facility in the FBO terminal.

CairnterriAIR

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am

cheapgreek wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

Back in the 90's when UA had 737's to ORD, yearly totals reached 130K and no problem with traffic. Along with the ORD flights, CO had flights to EWR and US had flights to PHL,BWI,DCA and PIT. Some streets could be changed to one way off the main road allowing traffic to be split between streets instead of one street. HVN is in a very good position being minutes from I-95 and I-91 and the center of New Haven. When the runway is upgraded, AA could offer service to CLT and perhaps ORD. The terminal can handle more than it does today but when more airlines add new service, a new terminal will be needed down the road.
An improved HVN can reduce dependence on BDL and make air travel for area flyers easier, closer and quicker arriving and departing. New Haven's metro area needs its own airport to make the area more attractive to the business community. With 3-4 airlines, most of the domestic market can be serviced by HVN and as far as international flights, nothing beats JFK in terms of non-stop flights to more cities with more airlines and a wide array of fares.

I do agree with you that getting to the airport via surface roadways is no great challenge. But indeed the airport will need a new terminal should there be 3-4 airlines serving HVN. I flew out of there years ago when the 737 and two turbo props were departing at the same time. It may have been a busy day, but the security line was out the door. Imagine nowadays three mainline jets leaving at the same time? (The airlines have stated that they would serve HVN if they could utilize larger aircraft)....no small airplanes...just mainline and large regional. It would be a huge mess ....and then there is baggage claim. Yes, New Haven can support service within its own market....the city limit itself is large....but airport officials need to seriously plan ahead...not just with the runway issues. That and the NIMBY population.

VS4ever

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 am

BDL November numbers have been released.
http://www.bradleyairport.com/wp-conten ... umbers.pdf

Nov 2017 total up 3.3% over 2016 @ 545K.
YTD 17 total up 6.3% over 2016 @ 5.909M

Enplanments up 3.7%, Deplanements up 2.9%

Expanded info - Month, combined.
AA - 138K, up 3.4%
DL - 111K up 2.4%
UA - 57K down 11.7%
WN - 135K down 2.8%
B6 - 67K down 8%
AC - 4.8K up 9.2%
NK - 25K
EI - 4.5K up 8.8%
D8 - 1.8K

YTD:
AA 1.497m up 5.2%
DL 1.19m up 0.5%
UA 646K up 4.5%
WN 1.48m up 0.5%
B6 793K down 0.5%
NK 146K
AC 54K up 9.2%
EI 79K
D8 17K

Rolling 12 months: 6.41m

Expanded Stats: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61t8C ... c5SkE/view
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

cheapgreek

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

I do agree with you that getting to the airport via surface roadways is no great challenge. But indeed the airport will need a new terminal should there be 3-4 airlines serving HVN. I flew out of there years ago when the 737 and two turbo props were departing at the same time. It may have been a busy day, but the security line was out the door. Imagine nowadays three mainline jets leaving at the same time? (The airlines have stated that they would serve HVN if they could utilize larger aircraft)....no small airplanes...just mainline and large regional. It would be a huge mess ....and then there is baggage claim. Yes, New Haven can support service within its own market....the city limit itself is large....but airport officials need to seriously plan ahead...not just with the runway issues. That and the NIMBY
population.

Growth hinges on the runway being upgraded, so first things first. The upcoming appeal court case will hopefully be decided in HVN's favor. AA's CRJ-200's HVN-PHL flights are doing very well and a few CRJ-700's have been used and those have had good load factors. With an upgraded runway, I see HVN being served at least at first with 70-90 seat RJ's and there is talk of a new terminal although nothing in writing yet. I see limited growth with present runway and one possibility being UA with HVN-IAD flights as I feel the market can support 2-3 CRJ-200 daily flights as BDL has five daily flights on one mainline and four 70 seat RJ's. New Haven is very under served and with the runway upgraded, dependence on BDL could be greatly reduced and HVN could offer a closer and better way to fly for area residents.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:50 am

VS4ever wrote:
BDL November numbers have been released.
http://www.bradleyairport.com/wp-conten ... umbers.pdf

Nov 2017 total up 3.3% over 2016 @ 545K.
YTD 17 total up 6.3% over 2016 @ 5.909M

Enplanments up 3.7%, Deplanements up 2.9%

Expanded info - Month, combined.
AA - 138K, up 3.4%
DL - 111K up 2.4%
UA - 57K down 11.7%
WN - 135K down 2.8%
B6 - 67K down 8%
AC - 4.8K up 9.2%
NK - 25K
EI - 4.5K up 8.8%
D8 - 1.8K

YTD:
AA 1.497m up 5.2%
DL 1.19m up 0.5%
UA 646K up 4.5%
WN 1.48m up 0.5%
B6 793K down 0.5%
NK 146K
AC 54K up 9.2%
EI 79K
D8 17K

Rolling 12 months: 6.41m

Expanded Stats: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61t8C ... c5SkE/view

Looks like Air Canada, Aer Lingus, and American were big winners this past November. Jetblue’s decrease could be related to the hurricane issues in Puerto Rico as quite a few passengers usually travel there from BDL. All in all, the Airport seems to be seeing steady increases in passenger numbers.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:56 am

cheapgreek wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:

I do agree with you that getting to the airport via surface roadways is no great challenge. But indeed the airport will need a new terminal should there be 3-4 airlines serving HVN. I flew out of there years ago when the 737 and two turbo props were departing at the same time. It may have been a busy day, but the security line was out the door. Imagine nowadays three mainline jets leaving at the same time? (The airlines have stated that they would serve HVN if they could utilize larger aircraft)....no small airplanes...just mainline and large regional. It would be a huge mess ....and then there is baggage claim. Yes, New Haven can support service within its own market....the city limit itself is large....but airport officials need to seriously plan ahead...not just with the runway issues. That and the NIMBY
population.

Growth hinges on the runway being upgraded, so first things first. The upcoming appeal court case will hopefully be decided in HVN's favor. AA's CRJ-200's HVN-PHL flights are doing very well and a few CRJ-700's have been used and those have had good load factors. With an upgraded runway, I see HVN being served at least at first with 70-90 seat RJ's and there is talk of a new terminal although nothing in writing yet. I see limited growth with present runway and one possibility being UA with HVN-IAD flights as I feel the market can support 2-3 CRJ-200 daily flights as BDL has five daily flights on one mainline and four 70 seat RJ's. New Haven is very under served and with the runway upgraded, dependence on BDL could be greatly reduced and HVN could offer a closer and better way to fly for area residents.

What killed HVN in the first place was the elimination of props from the airlines’ fleets. So yes, the runway will have to be dealt with. Though even if the runway is kept at its current length, Delta could serve the city with CS100’s once they arrive. But again....the mindset of the town of East Haven will still cause issues.

cheapgreek

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm

CairnterriAIR wrote:
cheapgreek wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

population.

What killed HVN in the first place was the elimination of props from the airlines’ fleets. So yes, the runway will have to be dealt with. Though even if the runway is kept at its current length, Delta could serve the city with CS100’s once they arrive. But again....the mindset of the town of East Haven will still cause issues.

East Haven appears to be softening its anti airport stance, All the airport board members including those from East haven voted to appeal the runway court case and the mayor of East Haven was said to be working with the mayor of New Haven in repealing the state statute that limits the runway to 5600 feet. The lawyers for HVN did a poor job of presenting the first court case and offered no testimony from airline personnel. The CS-100 may be years in coming but it appears the CRJ-700 does very well off HVN's runways, better than the CRJ-200. I am hoping for UA to offer HVN-IAD service as the distance is comparable with the HVN-PHL flights.

B595

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Not technically New England, but near enough...

Plattsburgh (PBG) will have a new customs facility shortly, and there is word that a Paris flight is "likely". A Paris flight would be a real coup for their "Montreal-Sud" strategy. I wonder what the carrier would be? Norwegian? XL Airways? It would have to be an LCC.

PBG also will be getting a daily flight to IAD on United Express CRJs.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/plattsburgh-international-airport-likely-offering-nonstop-flights-to-washington-dc/15064136

VS4ever

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm

B595 wrote:

Plattsburgh (PBG) will have a new customs facility shortly, and there is word that a Paris flight is "likely". A Paris flight would be a real coup for their "Montreal-Sud" strategy. I wonder what the carrier would be? Norwegian? XL Airways? It would have to be an LCC.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/plattsburgh-international-airport-likely-offering-nonstop-flights-to-washington-dc/15064136

Well the only TATL airline using the alternative airport strategy right now is D8 and a Max TATL flight, might fit an ORY-PBG scenario to access NYC that way, XL is only in the big US airports on a seasonal basis and they only have 330's, which would be too much for PBG. This will be curious if they move in this direction because of their relationship at SWF and what they have potentially agreed to there in committing to current and any future service.
I would like to be surprised with this one, but I am not sure anyone else is shaping up to take on that market.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

bagoldex

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:51 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Well the only TATL airline using the alternative airport strategy right now is D8 and a Max TATL flight, might fit an ORY-PBG scenario to access NYC that way

Plattsburgh is 315 miles from NYC.

VS4ever

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm

bagoldex wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
Well the only TATL airline using the alternative airport strategy right now is D8 and a Max TATL flight, might fit an ORY-PBG scenario to access NYC that way

Plattsburgh is 315 miles from NYC.

Thats' what I get for answering posts in the car and not checking google maps (no I wasn't driving..), I am guessing it will be FR then, they like airports crazy distances from the real places.

That said even if it's 315 miles, who else would go there?, the strategy would be the same effectively just not linked to NYC.

pwm2txlhopper

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 am

A few PWM notes.

AA is recommencing PWM-ORD, seasonally, in April with CRJ7. The last time they tried this route was about 15 years ago and it didn't last more than two years. If that?

http://www.portlandjetport.org/news/ame ... re-service

AA is also reintroducing PWM-LGA. Within the last fige years, US traded their PWM-LGA slots to DL in exchange for some of DL's DCA slots. Again, both DL and AA will fly to LGA.

http://www.portlandjetport.org/news/ame ... york-city-–-laguardia-service

Southwest will return seasonal, Saturday only service from MDW-PWM-MDW June 6th

Seasonal service MCO-PWM-MCO will also resume this year on March 10th.

UA seems to upgauged the equipment on the late evening arrival/early morning departure to EWR to mainline equipment? 737 all of December, and A320s for the last couple weeks. I thought it was just for Christmas season, but the RJ's haven't returned this year like they usually do after the holiday rush subsides. (This past summer they were using A319/A320 on PWM-IAD. The first mainline service on this UA route since early 1990s)

Elite Airways, whose headquarters is in downtown Portland, continues to thrive at PWM.

When they started their non-stops to Florida on RJ's a few years ago, I didn't expect them to last long. Not just on the route, but as an operating airline in general. Instead, they've added flights from PWM. Now flying non-stop to SRQ and MBS. On days when there's enough demand, they'll occasional operate an unscheduled additional flight.

A year old, but nevertheless,

'Portland Jetport sets all-time passenger record'
'
http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/2017020 ... ger-record

VS4ever

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

D8's pull out from BDL confirmed, although interestingly they are not cancelling immediately, it will be either 3/10 or 3/24 based on this. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... arch-2018/

tomaheath

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 pm

MHT numbers in case anyone is interested.
https://www.flymanchester.com/sites/def ... 202017.pdf

VS4ever

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 am

tomaheath wrote:

thanks for posting, i swear I only looked this up this morning and it hadn't posted. Anyway here's the link to my updated schedule showing back to 2013 comparatives for pax and freight can be found here in the bottom section.
http://awhitelocks.wixsite.com/newengla ... nglandt100

tomaheath

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:27 am

VS4ever wrote:
tomaheath wrote:

thanks for posting, i swear I only looked this up this morning and it hadn't posted. Anyway here's the link to my updated schedule showing back to 2013 comparatives for pax and freight can be found here in the bottom section.

Thanks for the link. I check the website daily for the updates I would imagine that the December numbers should be out soon as well.

flyfresno

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 am

B595 wrote:

Would this be the only EAS city with TATL service?

VS4ever

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:28 am

PVD numbers have been released for November 17 http://www.pvdairport.com/documents/pas ... 202017.pdf

Quite the month for them that's for sure.
Overall
Enplaned: 188,054 up 22.5%
Total: 374,265 up 21.5%

AA/US - up 15% over Nov 16
B6 - down 2.7%
DL - up 0.5%
F9 - 41,538 pax for the month and have taken an 11% share of Pax in November
UA- down 13.0%
WN/FL - up 1.4%
D8 - 10,696 pax for the month
VR down 38.9%

YTD
Enplaned: 1,794,077 up 6.78%
Total: 3,591,695 up 6.78%

AA/US - up 6.3% over Nov 16 YTD
B6 - down 5.4%
DL - up 0.5%
F9 - 107,191 pax for YTD and have taken an 3% share of Pax YTD
WN/FL - up 2.5%
D8 - 85,288 pax for YTD
VR down 23.3%

two more months of this level of growth and pax count will be at a rolling 4m combined. comparative data back to 2013 can be found here:

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:28 am

I think PBG news is relevant here since its market overlaps with BTV. BTV has no non-stops to Florida because they are so cheap from PBG. PBG has been the ULCC airport, as BTV has the legacies.

PBG-IAD:
2x Mon-Fri CR2
1x Sa-Su CR2

Drive thru the BTV parking garage 1/3 of the cars are yellow New York plates. The United Flight to IAD will really help reduce the commute for some frequent travelers. For those in the BTV area too its always nice to have more options for the possibility of low FF miles availability out of BTV general area . Always good to have two more options a day to use miles . I hope the flights work.

B595

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 am

flyfresno wrote:
Would this be the only EAS city with TATL service?

That would be a great trivia question if the rumored Paris service actually pans out.

With the Loonie/USD now at 0.80 and the dollar perhaps on a long slide, PBG (and BTV) may be at the cusp of another nice boost from Canadian traffic. Especially if the CAD/USD goes to parity again.

tomaheath

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:45 pm

VS4ever

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

tomaheath wrote:

5 year comparatives for Pax and Freight now loaded based on the above, just click the appropriate link.

tells quite the story, an 18%+ drop in pax from 2013 to 2017. only a 2.5% drop this year, but still.

pwm2txlhopper

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 am

Elite Air has annouced additional service to Florida from PWM, with flights to Vero Beach starting this spring.

Their flights to MBS and SRQ have been successful over the last couple years. Honestly, I didn't expect these routes to last long, or even the airline when they came to town a couple years ago. They cut the MBS-APF tag on on the PWM-MBS-APF route. ISP-PWM-BHB didn't last long either, but their other flights out of PWM have been strong. Some days they have to add an additional flight during peak season.

'Elite Airways to offer another nonstop Portland-to-Florida flight'

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/25/ ... da-flight/

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Looks like BTV has applied for funding to launch DEN thru the 2017 Small Community Air Svc Development Program. Interesting as o&d to Denver is high and would be higher if a N/S existed. ALB supports Denver and definitely overlaps customers. I know several people in vt in the ski industry who drive to alb for that flight, btv would be awesome. Might be tough in fall/spring. Winter and summer I see easy to fill. I think F9 is just waiting for a deal to get into btv. This would be the one they want, although the airport would want united more if I had to guess. It's tough competition but you never know.

Burlington, Vermont
Applies for $450,000 in federal funds combined with $271,000 local cash and in-kind contributions to establish minimum revenue guarantee on proposed service to DEN on either F9 or UA.

F27500

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 am

pwm2txlhopper wrote:
Elite Air has annouced additional service to Florida from PWM, with flights to Vero Beach starting this spring.

Their flights to MBS and SRQ have been successful over the last couple years. Honestly, I didn't expect these routes to last long, or even the airline when they came to town a couple years ago. They cut the MBS-APF tag on on the PWM-MBS-APF route. ISP-PWM-BHB didn't last long either, but their other flights out of PWM have been strong. Some days they have to add an additional flight during peak season.

'Elite Airways to offer another nonstop Portland-to-Florida flight'

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/25/ ... da-flight/

MBS as in Saginaw?

pwm2txlhopper

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:26 am

MLB. My mistake. Thank you.

tomaheath

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 pm

For anyone interested the Alton Bay ice runway is open. I recommend checking out this unique runway.

iyerhari

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello - went through the websites for the annual pax and % growth. I could not find the passenger statistic page in the respective airline websites for BTV, ORH, PWM and HVN unless someone knows the direct link. PWM has a single page that lists out the yearly compilation and I do not see 2017 in there. HVN and ORH (surprising!) did not have any details I could find. BTV is the same story.

MHT, BDL, PVD compile detailed statistics. BDL and PVD have reported growths even with Nov-2017 numbers. MHT has seen a negative growth this year. Since this is New England thread, I have also listed BOS numbers.

Would appreciate if anyone can provide me the link or any insights for the missing airports.

Airport Total pax 2016 pax AAGR
MHT 1,970,688 2,021,279 -2.50%
PVD 3,591,695 3,363,495 6.78%
BDL 5,909,468 5,560,415 6.28%
BOS 38,412,419 33,515,905 14.61%

VS4ever

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm

iyerhari wrote:
Hello - went through the websites for the annual pax and % growth. I could not find the passenger statistic page in the respective airline websites for BTV, ORH, PWM and HVN unless someone knows the direct link. PWM has a single page that lists out the yearly compilation and I do not see 2017 in there. HVN and ORH (surprising!) did not have any details I could find. BTV is the same story.

MHT, BDL, PVD compile detailed statistics. BDL and PVD have reported growths even with Nov-2017 numbers. MHT has seen a negative growth this year. Since this is New England thread, I have also listed BOS numbers.

Would appreciate if anyone can provide me the link or any insights for the missing airports.

PVD 3,591,695 3,363,495 6.78%
BDL 5,909,468 5,560,415 6.28%

Iyerhari,
Present for you.. 5 year comparatives for MHT, PVD, BDL, you are correct about PWM and BTV, they have nothing. BGR did pull something for end of year 16, so i linked that up, ORH belongs to Massport, and is not reported separately, so i use the T-100 to analyze their performance. http://awhitelocks.wixsite.com/newengla ... nglandt100

iyerhari

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks VS4ever. I forgot about BGR airport itself. Thank you for mentioning that - I found a press release on their website.

Total pax: 546,264, 2016 pax: 492,000

There is another airport - BHB called Bar Harbor and their website is also empty. I have asked Massport for ORH and let's see what they have to say.

Thank you! I will go through the numbers and also keep you posted what I hear back on ORH offline.

tomaheath

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm

I was at BDL yesterday and noticed the checked baggage X-ray machines. I’ve never seen those before. What’s the story behind them.

iyerhari

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 pm

BDL and PVD reported their Dec-2017 numbers:

BDL:
2017 total pax: 6,436,407
AAGR in 2017: 6.19%

PVD:
2017 total pax: 3,937,947
AAGR in 2017: 7.80%

Final rankings arranged in the ascending order for the calendar year 2017:

------------------------------------------------
BGR 546,264 492,000 11.03%
PVD 3,937,947 3,653,029 7.80%
BDL 6,436,407 6,060,943 6.19%

The following airports do not report their details in their respective websites. VS4ever will have the details once he goes thru T-100 numbers: BTV, PWM, ORH, BHB

NickolayAv

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:46 pm

iyerhari wrote:

BDL:

PVD:

The following airports do not report their details in their respective websites. VS4ever will have the details once he goes thru T-100 numbers: BTV, PWM, ORH, BHB

I think your BOS 2016 pax is for 2015
I think 2016 was 36,288,042
Sorry if I'm wrong
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

RL757PVD

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm

PVD's cargo was up 227% in December

YOY was a 57% increase and Amazon only started in October...
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

iyerhari

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 pm

NickolayAv wrote:
iyerhari wrote:

BDL:

PVD:

I think your BOS 2016 pax is for 2015
I think 2016 was 36,288,042
Sorry if I'm wrong

Thank you for correcting me. It was my mistake and I used the 2015 number as opposed to 2016. Here is the corrected number.

BOS 38,412,419 36,288,042 5.85%

uconn99

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:46 am

Below you will find the passenger breakdown by airline at BDL for December 2017. I am not sure how many flights Aer Lingus flew in December but using 34 total flights brings the load factor around 65%, a good sized drop from the summer and fall. It looks like Norwegian had it's best month since the summer at BDL with around a 72% load if no flights were canceled.

Decemer 2017 Bradley International Airport Passengers-

Total Passengers-

December 2017- 526,939 +5.3%
December 2016- 500,528

2017 total pax- 6,436,407 +6.2%
2016 total pax- 6,060,943

Domestic by Airline December 2017-

Southwest- 131,226
American- 130,889
Delta- 92,494
jetBlue- 75,612
United- 52,676
Spirit- 33,263
Onejet- 341

International by Airline December 2017-

Air Canada- 4,121
Aer Lingus- 3,916 (65% load?)
Norwegian- 2,401 (72% load?)
Delta (CUN flight)- 487

uconn99

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 am

2017 BDL Passengers by Airline Full Year-

Domestic 2017 Total Passengers-

American- 1,628,721
Southwest- 1,611,091
Delta- 1,282,758
jetBlue- 868,570
United- 698,389
Spirit- 180,132
Onejet- 5,121

International 2017 Total Passengers-

Aer Lingus- 82,976
Air Canada- 58,227
Norwegian- 19,115
Delta (CUN flight)- 9,889

Total 2017 International Passengers- 170,207

CairnterriAIR

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 am

Flew out of BDL this past Thursday to PBI and returned today. 100% load in each direction on the JetBlue A320. Airport packed both days as the Florida passengers are in full swing. X-ray machines someone mentioned above have been in use for quite some time. Security was unusually tight last Thursday. 30 minutes to clear TSA.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 am

uconn99 wrote:
Below you will find the passenger breakdown by airline at BDL for December 2017. I am not sure how many flights Aer Lingus flew in December but using 34 total flights brings the load factor around 65%, a good sized drop from the summer and fall. It looks like Norwegian had it's best month since the summer at BDL with around a 72% load if no flights were canceled.

Total Passengers-

December 2016- 500,528

Southwest- 131,226
American- 130,889
Delta- 92,494
jetBlue- 75,612
United- 52,676
Spirit- 33,263
Onejet- 341

Air Canada- 4,121
Delta (CUN flight)- 487

I think the LF on Aer Lingus should be quite higher as it has been operating 3x weekly this off-season.

uconn99

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

Total Passengers-

December 2016- 500,528

Southwest- 131,226
American- 130,889
Delta- 92,494
jetBlue- 75,612
United- 52,676
Spirit- 33,263
Onejet- 341

Air Canada- 4,121
Delta (CUN flight)- 487

I think the LF on Aer Lingus should be quite higher as it has been operating 3x weekly this off-season.

Do you know what days? I thought the off season was 4x weekly?