Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Samrnpage
Topic Author

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 pm

BHXflyinghigh wrote:
Air India are adding a third weekly BHX-ATQ on Saturdays from 5/5/18. Air India will now be x8 weekly with x5 BHX-DEL-ATQ and x3 BHX-ATQ-DEL. Apparently it might soon be x10 weekly although not sure which flight gets increased.

Incredible considering how small BHX is as an airport

JannEejit

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:13 pm

KingB123 wrote:
by738 wrote:
the delayed EZY timetable launch for GLA apparently is a damp squib with 'rearranging the deckchairs'... anyone heard anything else?
Schedule out this coming Thur

Think they'll pull another Ryanair and move it all to EDI? haha

If you want to close EDI down completely and chase other airlines away, that's exactly what'll happen. There's only so many peas you can squeeze into a pod.

Arion640

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Samrnpage wrote:
BHXflyinghigh wrote:
Air India are adding a third weekly BHX-ATQ on Saturdays from 5/5/18. Air India will now be x8 weekly with x5 BHX-DEL-ATQ and x3 BHX-ATQ-DEL. Apparently it might soon be x10 weekly although not sure which flight gets increased.

Incredible considering how small BHX is as an airport

Birmingham is quite a diverse city. That's how it supports EK/QR as a lot of middle eastern and Indian folks live nearby.

Samrnpage
Topic Author

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 am

Quick question, why is there an Alitalia A330 and A320 at LPL today? AZA8903 and AZA230

Samrnpage
Topic Author

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am

Scrap that - Champions league.

by738

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 pm

what came of the much hyped GLA EZY timetable W18/19 launch? #deckchairs

Arion640

Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 am

Qatar Airways begin operating the Doha-Cardiff route this morning.

EZEflyerEMB

Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 am

News from Eastern Airways.

The wick base to close, flights will originate from ABZ timetable to be confirmed.

All the IOM flights (excluding the BA Saab flying) will cease from June 12th, citing low yields as the reason.

The ABZ-LBA will also cease, can't remember date. LBA will now have a Saab 2000 based for the reduced SOU flights.

The current flybe ABZ-LCY will be operated by Easter on the Saab 2000 then up gauged to the E170 G-CIXV after the summer.

Any more information I get I shall post.

Have a great week

TUGMASTER

Tue May 01, 2018 1:08 pm

WOW.... sounds like Easterns marriage with FlyBE is looking a little patchy...?
Or are these all ex Eastern routes...?

Jerry123

Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm

The 1.5 million passengers mark has been reached at Cardiff Airport.
www.cardiff-airport.com/news/2018/05/10 ... milestone/

xijiayu

Mon May 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Can we see a direct link between PVG and GLA as a result from this? I know EDI have already secured flight from PEK this summer.

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media-ce ... -scotland/

by738

Mon May 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Nothing more than media bluster Id say. We still need to see if the first Scottish China route 'sets the heather alight' first.... and year round. The frequent fliers wont touch it outbound and inbound tourism in Scotland has big peaks and troughs. Plus its a complicated triangle double drop. Like QR at CWL, lets see how it beds in.

Ryga

Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 pm

I was passing through LGW this afternoon, and once again they have updated the signs at the shuttle station heading from South to North...
I don’t believe I imagined it, but it appears Ethiopian has appeared and will be operating from the North Terminal.

Anyone got any clarification on this? I’d of stopped to take a picture but it was far to busy. I’ve tried to search around as much as I can but cant find anything.

I know before Qatar started operating they were already sign posted before the route was announced, so didn’t know if this was the same scenario?

CrawleyBen

Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Ryga wrote:
I was passing through LGW this afternoon, and once again they have updated the signs at the shuttle station heading from South to North...
I don’t believe I imagined it, but it appears Ethiopian has appeared and will be operating from the North Terminal.

Anyone got any clarification on this? I’d of stopped to take a picture but it was far to busy. I’ve tried to search around as much as I can but cant find anything.

I know before Qatar started operating they were already sign posted before the route was announced, so didn’t know if this was the same scenario?

I've also noticed this when I'm heading between the two terminals on a daily basis for work but haven't heard anything formal about Ethiopian starting ops as yet. Will ask around tomorrow at work and see *if* I can provide an update for you.

Cheers

Ben

Ryga

Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 pm

CrawleyBen wrote:
Ryga wrote:

I've also noticed this when I'm heading between the two terminals on a daily basis for work but haven't heard anything formal about Ethiopian starting ops as yet. Will ask around tomorrow at work and see *if* I can provide an update for you.

Cheers

Ben

Say I work at the airport myself, but have been on leave for a couple of weeks. But if you can find anything that would be interesting, thanks!

berari

Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 am

Ryga wrote:

Schedules don't show ET flying into LGW through the end of the year. They are upping their frequency to Heathrow however. So odd to see ET signage at LGW.

Arion640

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:27 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
by738 wrote:
Nothing more than media bluster Id say. We still need to see if the first Scottish China route 'sets the heather alight' first.... and year round. The frequent fliers wont touch it outbound and inbound tourism in Scotland has big peaks and troughs. Plus its a complicated triangle double drop. Like QR at CWL, lets see how it beds in.

I think QR @ CWL will be like EK @ NCL. A one hit wonder.

CrawleyBen

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:49 pm

berari wrote:
Ryga wrote:

Schedules don't show ET flying into LGW through the end of the year. They are upping their frequency to Heathrow however. So odd to see ET signage at LGW.

I've asked the question today regarding the above, and I'm informed that due to not getting the slot times that the airline were after, they have decided to postpone launching ops from Gatwick for the time being. Further informed they will look to re-visit the situation again during the winter.

It's also been mentioned to me, that there is talk of some new Chinese flights possibly coming in to Gatwick during the coming months. This should be treated as nothing other than speculation for now as I don't have anything 'concrete' regarding this.

Cheers

Ben

User001

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:54 pm

I think Ethiopian chose to launch Manchester instead.

As for the new China flights, is it not the Air China service to Chengdu, which has been announced?

CrawleyBen

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 pm

User001 wrote:

As for the new China flights, is it not the Air China service to Chengdu, which has been announced?

The Ethiopian info was passed to me by a senior colleague who deals with this sort of thing at Gatwick so can only on what he mentioned.

With the new Chinese flight (s) I did query if it was Air China, and I'm told it will be an additional carrier (s) from a different part of China to Chengdu (I must apologise but I can't remember exactly which airline (s) or the rumoured destination that he mentioned). Believe it's all to do with a new agreement regarding the number of flights allowed to operate between the UK & China?

Ben

berari

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

CrawleyBen wrote:
berari wrote:
Ryga wrote:

I've asked the question today regarding the above, and I'm informed that due to not getting the slot times that the airline were after, they have decided to postpone launching ops from Gatwick for the time being. Further informed they will look to re-visit the situation again during the winter.

It's also been mentioned to me, that there is talk of some new Chinese flights possibly coming in to Gatwick during the coming months. This should be treated as nothing other than speculation for now as I don't have anything 'concrete' regarding this.

Cheers

Ben

It's no secret that ET wants additional frequency into London, with Heathrow being the preferred but unattainable spot. I wonder what they had in mind in terms of slots at Gatwick. Over ten years ago they tried a multi airport operation out of London and pulled out of LGW. Back then they didn't have the traffic they had today, operating with a mix of B763s and B752s.

Where in London does the African diaspora live predominantly, and which of the two airports is deemed closer and more convenient?

trent900

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 pm

User001 wrote:

I’m shocked MAG didn’t try and get Ethiopian into STN. With a terminal that’s at bursting point they seem very keen on getting new airlines in! EK starts their daily flight on 8th June and it’s going to be very interesting where in the terminal they go (passengers and bags!)

D.

JannEejit

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:38 am

Rumours abound of Qatar services to Belfast and Glasgow coming soon. Anyone got the lowdown ?

Jerry123

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:38 am

Flybe reinforces commitment to Cardiff on third anniversary
Airline celebrates three years of Cardiff base opening
Expansion to three aircraft base
124% increase in passengers since June 2015
Number of routes grown from 10 to 17
Top three routes – Edinburgh, Dublin, Paris
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has today (1st June 2018) reinforced its commitment to Wales by jointly celebrating with Cardiff Airport three successful years of operating from the aircraft base having recently positioned a third Embraer jet to service a 124 per cent increase in passengers and an almost doubling of routes during this time period.

The milestone was marked with a lively birthday celebration at the airport with Flybe Regional Sales Manager, Paul Willoughby and Cardiff Airport’s Financial Director, Huw Lewis handing out specially branded cupcakes to surprised passengers as they prepared to jet off to Dublin.

Flybe opened its new base at Cardiff Airport with a 10-year agreement in June 2015 and the expansion to date has helped stimulate further growth in the local economy. This has included job creation and a contribution to tourism arrivals with passengers taking advantage of Flybe's wider connecting services from the hub airports it serves.

Roy Kinnear, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer said: “Flybe’s strong performance and increased growth over the past three years demonstrates our commitment to the national airport of Wales. We have continued to fine tune our schedule with added frequency and new routes that is testament to our flexibility and responsiveness in meeting customer needs.

“We look forward to continued growth and to providing customers with access to an even wider choice of routes to and from Wales. Having such choices to travel to and from local regional airports is something we at Flybe consider a necessity, not a luxury.”

Cardiff Airport’s Finance Director and Company Secretary, Huw Lewis, added: “It has been so exciting to see just how much Flybe’s base has gone from strength to strength in three short years. What started as a two aircraft base with a modest selection of destination has flourished into a thriving three aircraft base with more routes being added all the time such as Venice, Rome and Berlin Tegel.

“Our customers were asking for more flights, offered at convenient times and at the right price and Flybe has continued to deliver, whilst also entering into franchise agreements that further expand the choice of available destinations. Today is an opportunity to reflect on how far Flybe’s base has come and we look forward to its continued success at Wales’ national airport.”

Flybe operates from Cardiff to seven countries with a choice of 17 routes that offer up to 78 return flights a week, with the three most popular services being to Edinburgh, Dublin and Paris Charles de Gaulle.

Two of the airline’s franchise partners operating out of Cardiff are Eastern Airways, which operates to Anglesey, Newcastle and Aberdeen; and Blue Islands which operates summer flights to Guernsey in the Channel Islands, all of which are bookable at www.flybe.com

Flybe also has codeshare agreements with many long haul airlines that provide convenient onward connections between Wales and the rest of the world, giving customers a wealth of extra travel options when booked direct with the relevant international carrier or travel agent. Examples are to Dublin and onwards with Aer Lingus; to Paris with Air France and Finnair; to Edinburgh and Munich with Etihad; to Glasgow with Virgin Atlantic, and via Milan with Alitalia.
https://www.cardiff-airport.com/news/20 ... niversary/

Jerry123

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 pm

JannEejit wrote:
Rumours abound of Qatar services to Belfast and Glasgow coming soon. Anyone got the lowdown ?

I'd expect Belfast sooner rather than later especially as it would give them the full coverage of the British Isles and they can say they are the only ME3 airline to fly to all the capital cities of the British Isles as well.

Glasgow is probably on their radar especially now that Emirates didn't operate a 3rd flight and shifted it too EDI plus I've no doubt that they'd want to tap into the cargo market there.

Samrnpage
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Wideroe to operate Liverpool to Bergen 2x weekly with the E2! Brilliant news for Liverpool that, surprised they got the E2 before MAN or other airports.

xijiayu

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Korean Air's annual summer charter from ICN to GLA to bring in Korean tourists arrived tonight at GLA as KE9919 at 7:27pm. Operated by HL8227 (A330-200), she is returning back to ICN now as KE2919. Didn't see this one coming this year since you cannot find any news even on Glasgow airport website.

awwdabaaby

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

xijiayu wrote:
Korean Air's annual summer charter from ICN to GLA to bring in Korean tourists arrived tonight at GLA as KE9919 at 7:27pm. Operated by HL8227 (A330-200), she is returning back to ICN now as KE2919. Didn't see this one coming this year since you cannot find any news even on Glasgow airport website.

I think it's actually enroute to Yerevan to operate a return flight to Seoul

Arion640

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

I'd expect Belfast sooner rather than later especially as it would give them the full coverage of the British Isles and they can say they are the only ME3 airline to fly to all the capital cities of the British Isles as well.

Glasgow is probably on their radar especially now that Emirates didn't operate a 3rd flight and shifted it too EDI plus I've no doubt that they'd want to tap into the cargo market there.

I think Qatar are going to be one of the few airlines in the world to fly to all 4 UK Countries. Lets see currently there's Flybe, Ryanair, TUI, KLM and Thomas Cook? They would certainly be the only International airline. Belfast International with over 5 million passengers per year would likley be able to sustain a daily ME3 flight.

British Airways if you want to get technical and count the LHR-CWL maintenence flights.

Jerry123

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:33 am

Arion640 wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

I think Qatar are going to be one of the few airlines in the world to fly to all 4 UK Countries. Lets see currently there's Flybe, Ryanair, TUI, KLM and Thomas Cook? They would certainly be the only International airline. Belfast International with over 5 million passengers per year would likley be able to sustain a daily ME3 flight.

British Airways if you want to get technical and count the LHR-CWL maintenence flights.

I believe that will happen, as for BA i think it has to be passenger services in their own metal to count but like Easyjet if they wanted to they could fly to Cardiff and fly from all 4 countries but they either don't want to or don't see a case for it though I'd be surprised if the airport hasn't approached them and Easyjet about operating flights from Cardiff.

Jerry123

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:33 am

Vueling have released their flights for April and May 2019 for Cardiff Airport and at the moment it looks the same as this year.
Barcelona 3 weekly Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Alicante 5 weekly Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
Malaga 5 weekly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Palma de Mallorca 4 weekly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
It's early days and things can change so hopefully they'll add extra frequencies later on in the year.

by738

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Hopefully see some pics of the DL 763 on the JFK-GLA run scheduled Mon 11/6/18. Seems to have been planned rather than tech sub. As a one off (so far) dont think we can comment on overall loads as a result. Though on paper last year seemed to be pretty good considering competition. Its a great product for a 757.

Jerry123

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:51 pm

by738 wrote:
Hopefully see some pics of the DL 763 on the JFK-GLA run scheduled Mon 11/6/18. Seems to have been planned rather than tech sub. As a one off (so far) dont think we can comment on overall loads as a result. Though on paper last year seemed to be pretty good considering competition. Its a great product for a 757.

That's a good capacity upgrade for GLA and a nice one for the spotters!

xijiayu

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am

Flightradar still showing today's DL266 GLA-JFK to be operated by B757-200 (N727TW).

Arion640

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Has the inagural Hanian Edinburgh to Dublin been mentioned on airliners.net today?

Jerry123

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm

15 months of consecutive growth at Cardiff Airport
The national airport for Wales is continuing on its positive journey of transformation and today announces 15 months of consecutive passenger growth, with over 1.51 million customers now choosing to fly from Cardiff.

As of the end of May 2018, which in itself was the busiest May since 2009, passenger figures are up 9% for the rolling year, with double digit growth projected for the coming financial year.

This achievement reflects many positive milestones since the Airport’s change of ownership in 2013; which includes new airlines, more destinations and significant improvements to the terminal and customer experience.

18 airlines now fly out of Cardiff, many of which have added more capacity on existing routes and introduced new destinations as well as better value for money and convenient flight times.

The fastest growing routes over the last 12 months are:
Belfast City (Flybe)
Glasgow (Flybe)
Anglesey (Eastern Airways, bookable on Flybe.com)
Cork (Flybe)
Paris Charles de Gaulle (Flybe)
Jersey (Flybe)
Verona (Flybe)
Dusseldorf (Flybe)
Faro (Flybe, TUI, Ryanair)
Barcelona (Vueling)

Recent highlights at Cardiff Airport include:

A new regular service to Doha, Qatar with 5* airline Qatar Airways, which creates new links between Wales and Australia, New Zealand, the Far East and beyond
Flybe introduced a third aircraft to its base at Cardiff Airport and now offers flights to 17 destinations plus four others via franchise partners. Passenger numbers have grown by 124% since the base opened in June 2015
KLM celebrated 30 years of flying customers between Wales and Amsterdam Schiphol airport, acting as a key hub for passengers flying onwards to destinations across the world. The airline has recently increased its capacity with the introduction of a larger, super-efficient Embraer 175 with a capacity of 88 seats and a 100 seater Embraer 190
New summer flights to Antalya (Turkey) with TUI and Thomas Cook and a second weekly flight to Dalaman (Turkey) with Thomas Cook
Spanish airline Iberia Express has returned for a second summer, flying twice a week to Madrid
To reflect Cardiff Airport’s commitment to delivering the best possible customer experience, the new-look Departure Lounge was also unveiled recently which includes a new Costa Coffee, WH Smith and 51° Executive and Business Lounge, all within a bright and airy space overlooking the airfield.

Deb Barber, CEO of Cardiff Airport, said: “15 months of continuous passenger growth is a very promising reflection of how far Cardiff Airport has come and the positive direction that we are headed.

“Our airlines, namely KLM, Qatar Airways and TUI, have recognised the potential and invested in Wales and we have also made significant improvements to the customer experience and the terminal which, again, encourages customers to choose to fly from Cardiff.

“Our commitment is to be a national airport that the people of Wales can be proud of and to be a vital gateway for visitors into the UK. With more positive developments to come and double digit growth projected for the year ahead, Cardiff Airport is proud to fly the flag for Wales and to more exciting developments to follow.”

What’s next?

Cardiff Airport will unveil its Masterplan, detailing our vision up to 2040
TUI will add an additional aircraft to its base at Cardiff Airport for summer 2019. Adding new flights to Hurghada (Egypt), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Naples (Italy) and Enfidha (Tunisia) and 100,000 extra seats
Thomas Cook will introduce flights to Enfidha (Tunisia) in summer 2019
Super Break will operate a number of short break packages to Madeira and Iceland in 2018/19.
15 months of consecutive growth:

March 17

11%

April 17

19%

May 17

10%

June 17

19%

July 17

5%

August 17

7%

September 17

7%

October 17

4%

November 17

8%

December 17

10%

January 18

7%

February 18

10%

March 18

11%

April 18

10%

May 18

12%

https://www.cardiff-airport.com/news/20 ... f-airport/

Jerry123

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am

Cardiff is on a list of 18 potential domestic airports that Easyjet would consider offering from Heathrow if/when Runway 3 gets built.
http://www.anna.aero/2018/06/14/easyjet ... dentified/

bhxdtw

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am

did anyone else catch the news that Primera have pulled the BHX-YYZ/BOS flights this year due to acft shortage.

I guess they were using a National Airlines 757 for the EWR service but due to not having their new 321's delivered in time they are simply pulling the routes for now.

8herveg

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
Cardiff is on a list of 18 potential domestic airports that Easyjet would consider offering from Heathrow if/when Runway 3 gets built.

I don't understand why an airline such as EZY who focus on O&D traffic would want to fly a route which is only 150 miles and would take about 3 hours to drive. If it's an airline such as BA who want to pick up connecting pax, then I can just about understand, but even then - Cardiff to Heathrow can be driven in around 2-2.5 hours.

Jerry123

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm

8herveg wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:

I don't understand why an airline such as EZY who focus on O&D traffic would want to fly a route which is only 150 miles and would take about 3 hours to drive. If it's an airline such as BA who want to pick up connecting pax, then I can just about understand, but even then - Cardiff to Heathrow can be driven in around 2-2.5 hours.

From what I can gather it's about them essentially operating an alternative hub to BA and feeding non OneWorld carriers. Imo they are the wrong airline to do it though unless they setup a regional arm and operate 80 seaters.
It's also down to politics as the Welsh government supports Heathrow expansion and wants connections to it at Cardiff and Anglesey was mentioned before.
Personally I'd be very shocked if Easyjet launched any sort of route from Cardiff or to places like Durham Tees Valley but Liverpool and Newquay and Exeter might stand a chance though.

Cunard

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:29 am

bhxdtw wrote:
did anyone else catch the news that Primera have pulled the BHX-YYZ/BOS flights this year due to acft shortage.

I guess they were using a National Airlines 757 for the EWR service but due to not having their new 321's delivered in time they are simply pulling the routes for now.

Your two weeks late with that information as it was announced on the 05 June, a fortnight is along time in aviation!

BHXflyinghigh

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:00 pm

A couple of new routes announced at BHX this week.

- Wizz will start Cluj Napoca x2 weekly from 16th December on an A320

- Air Arabia Maroc launch a x2 weekly Agadir service from 30th October, again on A320

- Corendon Airlines Europe will also start a bi-weekly charter to Marrakech from February 2019

by738

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 pm

I thought Cluj was going out of favour with lots of connections there dropped

CrawleyBen

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Tweet from Airlineroute today stating that Tianjin Airlines is moving their Tianjin/Chongqing service from Gatwick to Heathrow as of 25th August 2018.

Twice weekly as per now with Airbus A330 aircraft.

Cheers

Ben

xijiayu

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Tweet from Glasgow Airport:

Tomorrow, we have a very special announcement to make! Keep an eye on our Twitter feed for all the latest destination news!

Anyone know which destination or new airlines is coming?

Bhoy

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

xijiayu wrote:

Tomorrow, we have a very special announcement to make! Keep an eye on our Twitter feed for all the latest destination news!

Not *that* exciting, really.

easyJet twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) year round to Venice, starting October 30.

rossmrr

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Bhoy wrote:
xijiayu wrote:

Not *that* exciting, really.

easyJet twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) year round to Venice, starting October 30.

Important to note that easyJet are stopping Milan to Glasgow which was 3x weekly, so overall it is a decrease and nothing to shouting from the roof tops about!

BHXRunway15

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Things at BHX route wise is very fluid with SAS Stockholm apparently not coming back after the simmer break, Turkish is going back to double daily next summer with the morning flight on the MAX.

BHX won't be the first to get the Turkish MAX as EDI seems to be getting it on 3 August instead but still due BHX on Sunday the 5th I believe.

Seems SN don't want the SU95 on their flights which I assume will mean the BHX service will revert to the A319 unless it is the CRJ9 which Cityjet are taking from SAS.

BHX seems to have come off lightly from the Dubai runway clousres next spring with the service just reducing to 11 a week from 14 for six weeks. I used the A388 last week from BHX and both legs were fairly well loaded and overall a very good experience from BHX and DXB with both ends getting triple airbridges making baording and disembarking a piece of cake.

Only downside was the food and the highlight was sitting upstairs in economy on the way out defintely worth the £40 in rouw 32.

With Air Arabia Agadir and Wizz Cluj it seems things are moving in the right direction once again.

Also freight and GA is till very lively with no let up with AN12 visits.

Jerry123

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Interesting comment from the Qatar Airways CEO concerning their Cardiff Airport route.
“Cardiff is still not performing as we expected it to perform. We are giving it time. We are hoping Cardiff will come around, passenger-wise. Air freight-wise, it’s doing absolutely well – there’s a lot of air-freight demand in and out of Cardiff.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...a ... 50646.html

Jerry123

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 am

Cardiff Airports Masterplan 2040 is being released today.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... t-14921105

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos