Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

southwest1675

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:55 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
I wonder what the feasibility would be of expanding B (long-term) into an L shaped Concourse similar to C to provide more gates?

I would figure it would work. I would rather see Concourse A curve at the end, and extend towards 20R. Hey man, don't let people laugh at your hypothetical UA BNA scenario. Haha.

ADrum23

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:31 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
I wonder what the feasibility would be of expanding B (long-term) into an L shaped Concourse similar to C to provide more gates?

I would figure it would work. I would rather see Concourse A curve at the end, and extend towards 20R. Hey man, don't let people laugh at your hypothetical UA BNA scenario. Haha.

I don't know if you saw my comment above, they are going to reconstruct the end of Concourse A once the existing IAB is demolished, straightening it out in the process. This would certainly allow for an extension to be built, but B could also be reconstructed to look like C. I find it baffling BNA will only add six gates overall as part of BNA Vision, they really could use a few more than that.

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:18 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I don't know if you saw my comment above, they are going to reconstruct the end of Concourse A once the existing IAB is demolished, straightening it out in the process. This would certainly allow for an extension to be built, but B could also be reconstructed to look like C. I find it baffling BNA will only add six gates overall as part of BNA Vision, they really could use a few more than that.

Isn't the net gain eight gates? It would certainly be nice to see B built into a mirror image of C, but then there would probably be too many gates. MNAA seems to think this current plan will suffice for a couple of decades. There just aren't enough "new" airlines left to justify a large expansion. At best, someone like NK would do <8 flights a day. G4 even less. WN will continue to be the driver for growth. An added route or two by AA (PHX?) and DL (BDL?) will probably suffice for the existing carriers. Sooner or later BNA will get one of the Iceland carriers. Not so sure Norwegian. Volaris would be nice, but there are likely a lot of cities on their list ahead of Nashville.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Isn't the net gain eight gates? It would certainly be nice to see B built into a mirror image of C, but then there would probably be too many gates. MNAA seems to think this current plan will suffice for a couple of decades. There just aren't enough "new" airlines left to justify a large expansion. At best, someone like NK would do <8 flights a day. G4 even less. WN will continue to be the driver for growth. An added route or two by AA (PHX?) and DL (BDL?) will probably suffice for the existing carriers. Sooner or later BNA will get one of the Iceland carriers. Not so sure Norwegian. Volaris would be nice, but there are likely a lot of cities on their list ahead of Nashville.

My comment above must have gotten lost in the shuffle. They are removing 3 gates from both B and C to construct the new IAB (tentatively called Concourse T in the EIS). The 6 gates removed will be replaced on the IAB and will be swing gates that can be used for both International and Domestic. This leaves the 6 new gates in D as the only true increase in gates. This will bring the airport total to around 49/50 gates when all said and done.

Will that be enough for future growth? Who knows? You make some good points. I don’t know how much more WN will expand at BNA, they’ve sure been quiet here recently. Right now, the biggest airport need is more ULCC service, I hope G4 or NK come soon.

Internationally, I can definently see WOW or Icelandair coming, but idk about a second year round TATL flight. I’d love to see BNA-CDG or AMS, but that is a pipe dream right now. The market simply isn’t big enough yet. The BA flight needs to grow and mature first. They need to start gearing up to land a NRT flight.

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:56 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

My comment above must have gotten lost in the shuffle. They are removing 3 gates from both B and C to construct the new IAB (tentatively called Concourse T in the EIS). The 6 gates removed will be replaced on the IAB and will be swing gates that can be used for both International and Domestic. This leaves the 6 new gates in D as the only true increase in gates. This will bring the airport total to around 49/50 gates when all said and done.

Will that be enough for future growth? Who knows? You make some good points. I don’t know how much more WN will expand at BNA, they’ve sure been quiet here recently. Right now, the biggest airport need is more ULCC service, I hope G4 or NK come soon.

Internationally, I can definently see WOW or Icelandair coming, but idk about a second year round TATL flight. I’d love to see BNA-CDG or AMS, but that is a pipe dream right now. The market simply isn’t big enough yet. The BA flight needs to grow and mature first. They need to start gearing up to land a NRT flight.

Somewhere in this thread I thought I saw a mention of a gain of 8 gates. That may have been before A got excluded for expansion other than removed the IAB down there. WN has access to 14 gates, 4 more than they did a year or so ago. Hopefully they'll add a couple new destinations or resume some flight that they cut in years past. The local economy could probably support some of those now. I don't see WN or AA going into D, but if we get either/both remaining ULCC, they won't be using all 6 gates. I think the presence of WN, and a large base of pax faithful to AA and DL would be a deterrent to any large operation by a newcomer. Will be an interesting few years.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 pm

On a side note, what happened to OneJet at BNA? Why did it pull out (again)?

southwest1675

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 am

ADrum23 wrote:

WN is doing well with BNA-PIT I suppose

ADrum23

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 am

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

WN is doing well with BNA-PIT I suppose

Well, considering it appears OneJet may be backing out of MEM (according to the MEM thread), they must be pretty unstable.

AAvgeek744

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Enrila's weekly posts show AA cutting a flight from both ORD and CLT. UA is dropping one flight each from ORD and IAD (only 2 flights now for IAD). The only gain I see is WN adding a 4th flight to RDU.

TYSflyer

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
Enrila's weekly posts show AA cutting a flight from both ORD and CLT. UA is dropping one flight each from ORD and IAD (only 2 flights now for IAD). The only gain I see is WN adding a 4th flight to RDU.

United.com is still showing IAD-BNA at 3 times daily in July. One of these flights will be flown by Air Wisconsin. I suspect they made that change this week and for some reason that always shows up as a dropped flight on the OAG thread. Might be the same scenario for ORD on United. Also BNA-CLT is almost entirely mainline with just 1 regional flight. This may be an increase in the number of seats not sure though?

AAvgeek744

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 am

TYSflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

United.com is still showing IAD-BNA at 3 times daily in July. One of these flights will be flown by Air Wisconsin. I suspect they made that change this week and for some reason that always shows up as a dropped flight on the OAG thread. Might be the same scenario for ORD on United. Also BNA-CLT is almost entirely mainline with just 1 regional flight. This may be an increase in the number of seats not sure though?

My guess was larger aircraft on the AA changes. I expect more 76 seaters to ORD, and all mainline to CLT. They are also losing one of 8 flights to DFW, but more 73H's are coming on that route.

TYSflyer

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

My guess was larger aircraft on the AA changes. I expect more 76 seaters to ORD, and all mainline to CLT. They are also losing one of 8 flights to DFW, but more 73H's are coming on that route.

Looks like DFW is back to 8 daily in May although one of those is on an E175.

ADrum23

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Well, you know what I'd like, at least one mainline 737 to ORD, lol.

I just hope they at least remove all the 50 seaters and maybe provide an E75 or two on BNA-ORD. With the new gates opening this year, I expect some shuffling to happen with the planes used on the route and I have a feeling we'll see at least larger regional aircraft, with a small chance of a mainline or two.

Also, an E75 on BNA-DFW? That's pretty shocking. Are the loads that bad?

Cubsrule

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:06 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

I just hope they at least remove all the 50 seaters and maybe provide an E75 or two on BNA-ORD. With the new gates opening this year, I expect some shuffling to happen with the planes used on the route and I have a feeling we'll see at least larger regional aircraft, with a small chance of a mainline or two.

Why is the E75 shocking? Overall capacity is and will be up as 738s replace most S80s.

ADrum23

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Why is the E75 shocking? Overall capacity is and will be up as 738s replace most S80s.

Shocking was probably the wrong word to use. I am just surprised one of the flights will be a RJ after being all mainline for so long. You'd think they'd just cut it down to 7 flights as opposed to throwing an E75 for the 8th.

Cubsrule

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Shocking was probably the wrong word to use. I am just surprised one of the flights will be a RJ after being all mainline for so long. You'd think they'd just cut it down to 7 flights as opposed to throwing an E75 for the 8th.

Why? Maybe they need 75 seats at that time. For pmAA, all that all S80s to DFW meant was that the ERJ wasn’t enough airplane and/or that they needed F on every frequency. It does not mean that they needed or need 140 seats on every frequency.

AAvgeek744

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:59 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

Looks like DFW is back to 8 daily in May although one of those is on an E175.

That's good. I was looking out into August and it was showing 7 flights. I can deal with an E75. They are pretty comfortable IMO.

AAvgeek744

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

Looking out into June, 7 of 8 flights BNA-ORD are listing CR7, the other ER4. I think the best you are going to get is "maybe" a 319, though I'm not sure they are flying those into ORD yet. It's about frequency, not size. I'm OK with the CR7.

ADrum23

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Looking out into June, 7 of 8 flights BNA-ORD are listing CR7, the other ER4. I think the best you are going to get is "maybe" a 319, though I'm not sure they are flying those into ORD yet. It's about frequency, not size. I'm OK with the CR7.

I think an E75 is more likely than a mainline right now, which I'd be ok with. Anything is better than 50 seat RJs.

southwest1675

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Concourse D will break ground this year, and the new main terminal expansions/renovations will begin in 2019.

southwest1675

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Well, kinda disappointing that F9 didn't do much for BNA this schedule release. Has me wondering if there really are management issues in Nashville regarding air service.

FLYKTPA

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Well, kinda disappointing that F9 didn't do much for BNA this schedule release. Has me wondering if there really are management issues in Nashville regarding air service.

From what I’ve heard, Frontier kind of keeps to themselves in terms of networking planning. They add what they think will work and they don’t reach out to the airport for suggestions on what to add.

ADrum23

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

southwest1675 wrote:

I was hoping for BNA-AUS, we need some competition on that route. Maybe if DL opens a focus city/hub in AUS, they’ll add BNA-AUS.

If we don’t see something in next weeks WN extension, then something is for sure up.

AAvgeek744

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

From what I’ve heard, Frontier kind of keeps to themselves in terms of networking planning. They add what they think will work and they don’t reach out to the airport for suggestions on what to add.

IMO, I don't think Frontier can be counted upon to stick to schedules. They draw down cities really fast. I understand it makes no sense to fly an unprofitable route, but in looking at them and the routes announced and routes cut, the seem pretty haphazard. It could me an issue within MNAA, but the reality is there are only two airlines left that can serve BNA (HA isn't even in the discussion, it'll never happen). Spirit may take the plunge, but WN has a mighty presence. Not sure how attractive BNA is going to be to many more airlines or flights. I think the performance of the BA flight this summer and fall will tell alot on the international side of the house.

southwest1675

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:40 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

IMO, I don't think Frontier can be counted upon to stick to schedules. They draw down cities really fast. I understand it makes no sense to fly an unprofitable route, but in looking at them and the routes announced and routes cut, the seem pretty haphazard. It could me an issue within MNAA, but the reality is there are only two airlines left that can serve BNA (HA isn't even in the discussion, it'll never happen). Spirit may take the plunge, but WN has a mighty presence. Not sure how attractive BNA is going to be to many more airlines or flights. I think the performance of the BA flight this summer and fall will tell alot on the international side of the house.

HA to BNA? Seasonal 2x weekly service to HNL might work since those folks in Hawaii really follow Marcus Mariota. Just kidding. Yeah it’ll never happen. I’m gonna be pretty disappointed if WN doesn’t do anything for Nashville next week.

AAvgeek744

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

HA to BNA? Seasonal 2x weekly service to HNL might work since those folks in Hawaii really follow Marcus Mariota. Just kidding. Yeah it’ll never happen. I’m gonna be pretty disappointed if WN doesn’t do anything for Nashville next week.

We can always count seeing HA in Nashville if the Titans have a home game against the Raiders.

ADrum23

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

True, F9 (and NK to some extent) are incredibly erratic with their schedules, so it shouldn't be looked upon as abnormal if BNA misses out on an extension. We did land TTN (why there, I have no idea), so we did get something. I was hoping for BNA-AUS, we could use an additional carrier on that route, but maybe DL will start it if they put a focus city at AUS.

I agree there really isn't many additional airlines that can come to BNA. That being said, as I've said before, I am really surprised G4 isn't here. Sure, it may be the WN factor, but G4 serves a completely different market that WN. They could make some service work at BNA if they wanted to. The fact that they are in all the markets surrounding Nashville, but not Nashville itself, its a head scratcher to say the least. I expect they will come any year now. As for the other two viable domestic carriers that could come (NK and Sun Country), I expect NK will merge with F9 soon, so that would negate them coming to BNA. Sun Country is too small, and I don't know about their long term prospects.

I expect most of the future growth at BNA will be existing airlines (like WN) adding service/upgauging as well as new international service. Depending on how BNA-LHR does, I expect additional TATL could follow within the next few years (LCC's such as WW, DY, DE, etc), and the airport will likely be going after a Tokyo flight soon as well.

It will be interesting to see if BNA gets something in next week's WN extension. If not, then you have to wonder what is going on.

AAvgeek744

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

True, F9 (and NK to some extent) are incredibly erratic with their schedules, so it shouldn't be looked upon as abnormal if BNA misses out on an extension. We did land TTN (why there, I have no idea), so we did get something. I was hoping for BNA-AUS, we could use an additional carrier on that route, but maybe DL will start it if they put a focus city at AUS.

I agree there really isn't many additional airlines that can come to BNA. That being said, as I've said before, I am really surprised G4 isn't here. Sure, it may be the WN factor, but G4 serves a completely different market that WN. They could make some service work at BNA if they wanted to. The fact that they are in all the markets surrounding Nashville, but not Nashville itself, its a head scratcher to say the least. I expect they will come any year now. As for the other two viable domestic carriers that could come (NK and Sun Country), I expect NK will merge with F9 soon, so that would negate them coming to BNA. Sun Country is too small, and I don't know about their long term prospects.

I expect most of the future growth at BNA will be existing airlines (like WN) adding service/upgauging as well as new international service. Depending on how BNA-LHR does, I expect additional TATL could follow within the next few years (LCC's such as WW, DY, DE, etc), and the airport will likely be going after a Tokyo flight soon as well.

It will be interesting to see if BNA gets something in next week's WN extension. If not, then you have to wonder what is going on.

This is a by product of too many mergers. While I can see NK, (I'm not so sure bout G4 coming in.) Upcoming construction is going to make gate space at a premium. That's why I am so frustrated by BNA Vison's website being so lacking in details. Given the current political climate in Nashville (Mayor Barry), I'm not so sure the light rail is going to pass the election in May. While I support it, I'm not sure what will happen. I don't feel that has too much of an impact other than the rail going down to Murfreesboro Road and into downtown. I expect there be a lot of gate shuffling in the next few years. I can't see both AA and DL losing three gates each without some changes. I suspect the D gates are going to fill up fast. Only after the current expansion is complete, I suspect BNA's growth will not be as dramatic as it has the past few years.

southwest1675

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm

There were rumors before the AirTran merger that WN was looking at turning BNA into a mega station, and a crew base.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:19 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

This is a by product of too many mergers. While I can see NK, (I'm not so sure bout G4 coming in.) Upcoming construction is going to make gate space at a premium. That's why I am so frustrated by BNA Vison's website being so lacking in details. Given the current political climate in Nashville (Mayor Barry), I'm not so sure the light rail is going to pass the election in May. While I support it, I'm not sure what will happen. I don't feel that has too much of an impact other than the rail going down to Murfreesboro Road and into downtown. I expect there be a lot of gate shuffling in the next few years. I can't see both AA and DL losing three gates each without some changes. I suspect the D gates are going to fill up fast. Only after the current expansion is complete, I suspect BNA's growth will not be as dramatic as it has the past few years.

Just curious, why do you believe NK would come before G4, considering NK seems more conservative in their expansion plans? I am just shocked neither are here already, and I am increasingly of the belief that NK and F9 will merge in the not too distant future, so that would eliminate the prospect of them entering BNA.

The BNA Vision website has the Environmental Impact Statement, which explains more details about what will happen. AA and DL won't have to give up any gates long term, as the three gates being removed from B and C will be replaced on the new International Concourse, which will be swing gates that can be used for domestic operations when FIS is not required (which won't be terribly often).

I support light rail too (though the current plan is flawed IMO). I don't see the referendum passing either.

Who knows what BNA's long term growth prospects are. Even after this expansion, there will still be room to add gates on both A and B if necessary. B could easily be converted into an L-shaped Concourse similar to C with an additional 10-15 gates.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 am

BTW: Maybe someone who is familiar with the situation can answer this.

Will any of the new international gates be able to handle large aircraft such as the Boeing 747 or Airbus A380 if necessary. I would be beyond shocked if BNA ever saw scheduled service using either of those planes, but it would be nice to have one for diversions from places such as ATL.

The reason I ask is I noticed AUS is putting 747/A380 compatible gates in their new international concourse expansion, and they are a similarly sized airport to BNA (though they will far surpass BNA in the not too distant future if recent rumors are any indication).

Jshank83

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:14 am

ADrum23 wrote:
The reason I ask is I noticed AUS is putting 747/A380 compatible gates in their new international concourse expansion, and they are a similarly sized airport to BNA (though they will far surpass BNA in the not too distant future if recent rumors are any indication).

AUS is getting 747 service on BA to LHR this summer. So that probably prompted that. I would think BNA would have at least one gate that could handle a 747 though, if it doesn't I am sure they will add it.

HeyHey

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 am

It looks like F9 will be adding BNA-TTN on April 8th. It will be three times weekly. Gotta say, wasn't expecting Trenton to be a destination anytime soon.

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 pm

HeyHey wrote:
It looks like F9 will be adding BNA-TTN on April 8th. It will be three times weekly. Gotta say, wasn't expecting Trenton to be a destination anytime soon.

It failed once before. Not sure why they are trying it again.

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
BTW: Maybe someone who is familiar with the situation can answer this.

Will any of the new international gates be able to handle large aircraft such as the Boeing 747 or Airbus A380 if necessary. I would be beyond shocked if BNA ever saw scheduled service using either of those planes, but it would be nice to have one for diversions from places such as ATL.

That would take up room for two of the six gates. 747 I can see. I would be astonished if anyone, in anytime in the future, flew a 380 into BNA except a one an off scenario. .

In regards you other question. G4, at least they used to, sold an entire holiday package. Now they are expanding i suspect they are getting into people looking for an airfare bargain, hotel or not. The only city that makes sense for me to them is Punta Gorda (just because I know several people who drive to Knoxville to catch that flight), with LAS being a maybe. My company doesn't schedule any of our people on carriers that operate less than daily. If NK come my guess is three flights to start. 1x each to DFW, DTW, and either MOC/FLL. If I read correctly, WN is coming out with it's bew schedule next week. With four new gates, if they don't expand at least by 8-10 departures, I'll be disappointed (not sure if the already announced 4th flight to RDU counts in what is coming).

flymco753

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Your NK list looks pretty good, but if I were to make a short list it would be BNA-DFW/DTW/FLL/LAS. Reason being is, BNA-DFW is a strong market and only has 1 carrier on the route, so it would qualify for incentives. LAS, FLL and DTW would all make NK the third carrier, but all 3 offer connectivity and are decently sized or growing markets. Also, 4 flights would make NK signatory at BNA so that's another discount in incentives. FLL RON, Detroit in Vegas out, Dallas in an out, Vegas in Detroit out and in comes FLL for the night, all 319's. That's my analysis.

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:47 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Your NK list looks pretty good, but if I were to make a short list it would be BNA-DFW/DTW/FLL/LAS. Reason being is, BNA-DFW is a strong market and only has 1 carrier on the route, so it would qualify for incentives. LAS, FLL and DTW would all make NK the third carrier, but all 3 offer connectivity and are decently sized or growing markets. Also, 4 flights would make NK signatory at BNA so that's another discount in incentives. FLL RON, Detroit in Vegas out, Dallas in an out, Vegas in Detroit out and in comes FLL for the night, all 319's. That's my analysis.

I could see LAS. I'm going to disagree, IMO DFW and DAL are one market. I don't think it would stop NK from going into DFW. As commented up thread, G4 and NK have a history on pulling the plug quickly on routes. A single daily to DFW isn't going to bother either AA or WN.

Regardless, WN needs to drive the expansion. They have more gates than anyone, and they have routes that could work if tried. (hard to believe that the first time I flew WN DAL-HOU-BNA and back, they were on the A concourse).

southwest1675

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:13 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I could see LAS. I'm going to disagree, IMO DFW and DAL are one market. I don't think it would stop NK from going into DFW. As commented up thread, G4 and NK have a history on pulling the plug quickly on routes. A single daily to DFW isn't going to bother either AA or WN.

Regardless, WN needs to drive the expansion. They have more gates than anyone, and they have routes that could work if tried. (hard to believe that the first time I flew WN DAL-HOU-BNA and back, they were on the A concourse).

That's why I'm dying for Southwest to do something. They could add a lot more here.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

That's why I'm dying for Southwest to do something. They could add a lot more here.

How much will they? They seem to be in love with STL (why, I have no idea), so they will probably shun BNA more. I only see a handful of destinations (IND, ATL, SJC, PDX and either BDL or PVD) that could be added in the near future.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

We keep talking about NK coming to BNA, but they never seem to be even remotely close to coming. What happened to last years rumor that NK was "closing in" on BNA? Nothing.

I am not trying to be down, but I am extremely skeptical that they are coming anytime soon.

Midwestindy

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
They seem to be in love with STL (why, I have no idea), so they will probably shun BNA more.

Well, STL has an insane amount of gate space, something that very few other airports have.....

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
They seem to be in love with STL (why, I have no idea), so they will probably shun BNA more.

Well, STL has an insane amount of gate space, something that very few other airports have.....

True. That is probably the only reason though, it's not like STL is booming compared to other markets.

southwest1675

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

How much will they? They seem to be in love with STL (why, I have no idea), so they will probably shun BNA more. I only see a handful of destinations (IND, ATL, SJC, PDX and either BDL or PVD) that could be added in the near future.

I'm no expert, but I bet they could pull off OKC, LIT, SMF, PBI, year round RSW, and try EWR again from BNA. I could also see another odd-ball destination come into play as well. Can't forget about the possibility of a new international station too. You guys will laugh at this one, but I wonder if WN trying MEM-BNA would ever be feasible one day. STL became the MDW reliever station. They do have room for expansion, but we do have room for another 15-20 daily departures honestly. We'll see what happens with this new D Concourse in a few years.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I'm no expert, but I bet they could pull off OKC, LIT, SMF, PBI, year round RSW, and try EWR again from BNA. I could also see another odd-ball destination come into play as well. Can't forget about the possibility of a new international station too. You guys will laugh at this one, but I wonder if WN trying MEM-BNA would ever be feasible one day. STL became the MDW reliever station. They do have room for expansion, but we do have room for another 15-20 daily departures honestly. We'll see what happens with this new D Concourse in a few years.

CVG-BNA on WN is more likely than MEM-BNA.

PDX should be the priority for a new WN route, since I am skeptical AS will launch it anytime soon.

stl07

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

B6, NK, and VX (or AS routes to former VX hubs) are also nonexistent, so their is little competition

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

If you think of where the growth is outside of downtown, much is in Sumner, Wilson, and Rutherford counties. Getting to those places can be a hassle on I-40. 440 is even worse. The northern loop on Briley is best, but it seems deserted everytime I drive it. I've been curious about LIT, OMA, TUL or OKC. AA flew TUL for years pre-deregulation.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:02 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

If you think of where the growth is outside of downtown, much is in Sumner, Wilson, and Rutherford counties. Getting to those places can be a hassle on I-40. 440 is even worse. The northern loop on Briley is best, but it seems deserted everytime I drive it. I've been curious about LIT, OMA, TUL or OKC. AA flew TUL for years pre-deregulation.

But doesn't Southern Airways Express already do MEM-BNA? Is that not adequate?

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:09 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Even though I mentioned it, I don't think anyone needs to fly BNA-MEM. Given a choice however, most any passenger would choose WN and a jet over a cramped Caravan. I would be curious to know many many people actually use that flight.

ADrum23

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:11 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Even though I mentioned it, I don't think anyone needs to fly BNA-MEM. Given a choice however, most any passenger would choose WN and a jet over a cramped Caravan. I would be curious to know many many people actually use that flight.

I doubt many people even know that flight exists. I'm surprised it hasn't been cut.

Cubsrule

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Downtown Memphis to Downtown Nashville is 212 miles and doable in three hours without driving like an idiot virtually any time of day. Combine that with the fact that folks virtually everywhere can get to Memphis without too much traffic (840 from Williamson and Rutherford Counties; the west leg of Briley from Sumner, and the half of 40 that doesn’t back up too much from most of Davidson) and the business case for the route seems sketchy at best to me.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos