jbpdx

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 31, 2018 9:50 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Only thing I’ve seen regarding this WN extension is that BNA-DCA is going 4x daily.

I suppose if they were going to add a location like PDX or one of the Northern California cities it wouldn’t make sense to add them during the winter when tourism is low. Maybe this coming spring. Kinda disappointing though, I figured we’d at least get one add this extension.

The seasonal aspect of those routes makes sense. I still expected more than a 4th DCA flight.

I don’t think BNA (or PDX) is aiming for a seasonal route:

“Here's a look at where Kreulen says Nashvillians want to fly faster and more easily, and why:

#1 Portland, Ore. You can thank Nashville's $40 billion health care industry for this one. According to Kreulen, Portland is the city the airport does not service directly that the most Nashvillians are flying to, primarily due to its own strong presence in the health care and health IT industries.”

(Nashville Business Journal/27 Feb 2018)

ADrum23

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:47 am

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Only thing I’ve seen regarding this WN extension is that BNA-DCA is going 4x daily.

I suppose if they were going to add a location like PDX or one of the Northern California cities it wouldn’t make sense to add them during the winter when tourism is low. Maybe this coming spring. Kinda disappointing though, I figured we’d at least get one add this extension.

My guess is PDX will come either in the next schedule extension (in 4 weeks) or the one after. Both PDX and SJC will come sooner or later.

ADrum23

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:49 am

jbpdx wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

The seasonal aspect of those routes makes sense. I still expected more than a 4th DCA flight.

“Here's a look at where Kreulen says Nashvillians want to fly faster and more easily, and why:

#1 Portland, Ore. You can thank Nashville's $40 billion health care industry for this one. According to Kreulen, Portland is the city the airport does not service directly that the most Nashvillians are flying to, primarily due to its own strong presence in the health care and health IT industries.”

I anticipate WN will launch BNA-PDX either the next schedule extension or the one after. I don't see it starting this year, but a spring 2019 start seems like a plausible scenario.

EvanWSFO

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:11 pm

jbpdx wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

I agree. As we've all said it's inevitable. the northwest is highly seasonal, for WN. I would not be totally shocked if AS beats them to it, with a 319. They should be able to fill one on a regular basis.

southwest1675

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Regardless, the service is overdue.

flymco753

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm

PDX is a very seasonal market. Nonetheless, summer only from BNA.
Resort, and other ground transportation options are on level 1.

*Future Route Network Planner*

southwest1675

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Anyone know if the Allegiant signage and such is up yet?

EvanWSFO

Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:50 am

Since my employer moved me to AA, and I fly WN on my own dime, how is the gate usage on B? I haven't been in awhile. You have three carriers down there with two or less daily flights, some less than daily. They should be CUTE gates. I suspect it's going to get tight when IAB goes under construction.

kingcavalier

Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:43 pm

The Allegiant counter signage went up last night or this morning. They’re at the very far right hand location next to WestJet’s counter.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Since my employer moved me to AA, and I fly WN on my own dime, how is the gate usage on B? I haven't been in awhile. You have three carriers down there with two or less daily flights, some less than daily. They should be CUTE gates. I suspect it's going to get tight when IAB goes under construction.

DL’s utilization is up and down as usual. All other utilization is thin at best. As long as they can accommodate new entrants I don’t know that they need more CUTE, but that’s probably coming.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

EvanWSFO

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 am

Cubsrule wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

DL’s utilization is up and down as usual. All other utilization is thin at best. As long as they can accommodate new entrants I don’t know that they need more CUTE, but that’s probably coming.

Are B and C losing two or three gates to accommodate the IAB? I heard three each, then heard two.

ADrum23

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Are B and C losing two or three gates to accommodate the IAB? I heard three each, then heard two.

They will both lose three according to the EIS and will be replaced with the six new gates on the new IAB, which will be wide body capable.

I wish they would get going on the permanent IAB because BNA lacks true wide body capable gates right now and that is a hinderance to attracting new long haul flights.

EvanWSFO

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

They will both lose three according to the EIS and will be replaced with the six new gates on the new IAB, which will be wide body capable.

I wish they would get going on the permanent IAB because BNA lacks true wide body capable gates right now and that is a hinderance to attracting new long haul flights.

The temporary (2 year?) loos of three gates on B and C is going to affect ops by AA and DL, others on B. Somebody may have to go down on A, like AS, WS, F9, G4.

dronezone

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:43 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

The temporary (2 year?) loos of three gates on B and C is going to affect ops by AA and DL, others on B. Somebody may have to go down on A, like AS, WS, F9, G4.

Isn't this why they are constructing D first, for the extra gates, before they start on the permanent IAB?

CIDFlyer

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I could see G4 building up their operation similar to how they have done at AUS. Plenty of potential there for markets not served by WN.

southwest1675

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
I could see G4 building up their operation similar to how they have done at AUS. Plenty of potential there for markets not served by WN.

I was also thinking that. We'll see what comes of this.

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:10 am

dronezone wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Isn't this why they are constructing D first, for the extra gates, before they start on the permanent IAB?

Yes, but I thought the two were going to overlap abit. I would expect either AA or WN mainly in D eventually, but some shuffling may have to take place.

ADrum23

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
dronezone wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Yes, but I thought the two were going to overlap a bit. I would expect either AA or WN mainly in D eventually, but some shuffling may have to take place.

IIRC, the main terminal part (complete with the permanent IAB) won't begin construction in earnest until 2020, right as D is being wrapped up. So there should be minimal overlap.

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:55 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
dronezone wrote:

Yes, but I thought the two were going to overlap a bit. I would expect either AA or WN mainly in D eventually, but some shuffling may have to take place.

IIRC, the main terminal part (complete with the permanent IAB) won't begin construction in earnest until 2020, right as D is being wrapped up. So there should be minimal overlap.

Thanks. It'll be interesting. I still see someone having to move temporarily. AFAIK, there's nothing been stated who will be on those 6 D gates.

pdt2f

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 pm

They should make most of the non-DL gates in B flex gates. There’s no reason like B6 and AS, with a combined 5 flights per day, should have exclusivity on their gates. Especially if it’s a reason keeping another airline from serving BNA.

southwest1675

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:23 pm

BNA CEO was toting on Twitter that BNA will exceed 15 million passengers by the end of this year. G4 starts tomorrow as well. I think they have potential in this market. I’m having my fingers crossed for another significant air service announcement this year. Here’s also a new rendering for concourse D. https://twitter.com/DougKreulen/status/ ... 90657?s=20

Ramprat212

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

pdt2f wrote:
They should make most of the non-DL gates in B flex gates. There’s no reason like B6 and AS, with a combined 5 flights per day, should have exclusivity on their gates. Especially if it’s a reason keeping another airline from serving BNA.

I 100 percent agree with you. I think all non-DL gate should be flex. B8 sits empty all day long until about 3pm. B6 is used once in the Moning from about 8:30 until 10 at the lastest and than used for a few hours in the evening, but all the gate down there get very little use. Also the counter space from frontier down to the end were west jet is should also be common use.

ADrum23

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:55 am

Ramprat212 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

I 100 percent agree with you. I think all non-DL gate should be flex. B8 sits empty all day long until about 3pm. B6 is used once in the Moning from about 8:30 until 10 at the lastest and than used for a few hours in the evening, but all the gate down there get very little use. Also the counter space from frontier down to the end were west jet is should also be common use.

Actually, I think all gates except for the US3 and WN should be common use. The other carriers don't have enough flights to justify hogging gates to themselves.

ADrum23

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:07 am

southwest1675 wrote:
BNA CEO was toting on Twitter that BNA will exceed 15 million passengers by the end of this year. G4 starts tomorrow as well. I think they have potential in this market. I’m having my fingers crossed for another significant air service announcement this year. Here’s also a new rendering for concourse D. https://twitter.com/DougKreulen/status/ ... 90657?s=20

The issue with G4 is they are a strictly O&D airline with no connections. That limits flexibility for some people. I was trying to help a colleague of mine book a flight to Chicago and the only options were WN, AA and UA because G4 and F9 have no connections.

I really want NK to come to town, like REALLY want NK to come to town. I just don't think it will happen anytime soon because of the gate situation.

southwest1675

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:16 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

The issue with G4 is they are a strictly O&D airline with no connections. That limits flexibility for some people. I was trying to help a colleague of mine book a flight to Chicago and the only options were WN, AA and UA because G4 and F9 have no connections.

I really want NK to come to town, like REALLY want NK to come to town. I just don't think it will happen anytime soon because of the gate situation.

I’d love to see NK as well. The issue is also ticket counter space too. Like we’ve said, I don’t think the MNAA expected us to be out of ticket and gate space this fast.

southwest1675

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:29 pm

It appears we got a new coffee place near gate C20. Did they replace anything?

pdt2f

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 pm

DL seems to be operating 738’s to LAX and SEA now, unless they’re both one-offs today. They usually run them seasonally to LAX but I believe this is the first time they’ve used metal other than 319’s on the SEA route.

gsg013

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:59 pm

pdt2f wrote:
DL seems to be operating 738’s to LAX and SEA now, unless they’re both one-offs today. They usually run them seasonally to LAX but I believe this is the first time they’ve used metal other than 319’s on the SEA route.

Yes I do believe for at least the summer the 737-800 will be flying both BNA-LAX & BNA-SEA for DL. While it is an upguage in the number of seats I have always found the A319 more comfortable. Just that slightly larger fuselage cross section makes the plane seem much roomier on the interior. Also nice on the A319 only having 132 pax is nice

ADrum23

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 am

I am pleased to announce I will be taking the BA flight next month, flying out on July 11th and returning on the 21st.

Ironically, it will almost be exactly one year to the day I joined this site and posted this topic.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1368343

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:45 am

Will they upgrade to a bigger 787 or right to a 747 like in Austin?

southwest1675

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 am

ADrum23 wrote:
I am pleased to announce I will be taking the BA flight next month, flying out on July 11th and returning on the 21st.

Ironically, it will almost be exactly one year to the day I joined this site and posted this topic.

You will have to let us know how it is. I must say, a lot of comments on that thread did not age well.

Deecheck wrote:

It would go daily, then most likely upgraded to a 787-9.

southwest1675

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 am

As regards to ticket counter space. I flew out yesterday, and I think AA could get away with giving away another slice of space if another carrier truly wanted to come here. They would have to share a gate, B10 most likely being the main common use gate. I am looking forward to the D Concourse ground breaking.

ADrum23

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:25 am

Deecheck wrote:

Depends on how the flight does. If it is doing as well as people are saying, the next step would be to make the flight daily before upgauging aircraft. I don't think increasing to daily happens until next year.

I doubt we will see an upgauge to a 747, but if successful, I could perhaps see a daily 789 (like what AUS has most of the time), with maybe a 777 during the summer. The issue with those would be is their enough premium demand on the route to justify an upgauge to an aircraft with F.

Another issue is BNA doesn't really have any true widebody capable gates as of right now, so I can't see anything bigger than a 789 fitting at BNA. This will be addressed with the construction of the permanent IAB, but that won't be opening until 2023ish. I don't see a Tokyo flight happening until the the permanent IAB is opened.

ADrum23

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 am

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

You will have to let us know how it is. I must say, a lot of comments on that thread did not age well.

I'll try to post a picture or two and I'll let you know my observations on how full the flight is. I'll be sitting in Y though, so I won't have a great view of everything.

TYSflyer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 am

Looking through AA schedule updates from this past weekend they have loaded a 3rd daily BNA-LAX flight in September. Have they run 3 daily flights at all on this route recently? Also the A321 is loaded on BNA-CLT. Some nice adjustments.

pdt2f

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:01 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
Looking through AA schedule updates from this past weekend they have loaded a 3rd daily BNA-LAX flight in September. Have they run 3 daily flights at all on this route recently? Also the A321 is loaded on BNA-CLT. Some nice adjustments.

I could be completely wrong but I thought they already ran 3 flights to LAX? I thought them and WN ran 3 a day, DL 2 per day. That’s impressive with the 321 to CLT. I think it’s only a matter of time before they add PHX. They’ve been upgauging routes for over a year, I think the next logical step is to finish filling their hub network at BNA.

TYSflyer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 pm

pdt2f wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

I could be completely wrong but I thought they already ran 3 flights to LAX? I thought them and WN ran 3 a day, DL 2 per day. That’s impressive with the 321 to CLT. I think it’s only a matter of time before they add PHX. They’ve been upgauging routes for over a year, I think the next logical step is to finish filling their hub network at BNA.

The current schedule has it listed at twice daily. I thought it has always been twice daily, but I could certainly be wrong about that. The current dummy schedule after September still has it at twice daily. Maybe one the more knowledgeable BNA experts can chime in on this.

dfdubflyer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm

I’ve been checking loads on EF and the plane appears to be going out pretty full.

Additionally, on a personal note, I’m moving from Dallas to London in the fall and this BA flight has made coming home to family in Nashville way easier. I’ve been watching prices throughout the fall and Christmas time and it appears to me that BA has ticked prices up a little the last few weeks across the board on LHR-BNA-LHR. Don’t want to pay more but I’m hoping that is a good sign for the airline.

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Deecheck wrote:

Unlikely there will ever be a 744 for BNA. As insane as growth in Nashville is, Austin is even more so.

BNAshville

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. My wife and I flew roundtrip BNA-LHR-BNA last week. Some thoughts:

Check-in at BNA was a breeze. Flight was completely full. Gate hold area was quite crowded and the boarding by zones had zone 4 folks queued up probably 50-60 deep 20 minutes prior to boarding which caused confusion amongst everyone.

The cabin crew was very pleasant and professional throughout. The flight left on time. Dinner was a bit of a head-scratcher. Food was served around 10:15pm. At least half the people around us, including us, passed on the meal as most everyone had already eaten at normal dinner time. By the time the cabin crew had everything cleaned up, it was nearly midnight and we were three full hours into the flight. I would have much preferred a snack and then let us all go to sleep. Speaking of sleep...it was nearly impossible as World Traveler seats are the most brutally painful of all time. It was 8 hours of pure misery. Shame on BA for cramming that many seats into a 787. Tightest seats I've ever seen plus electrical boxes - big ones - under the seats in front giving you about 1/3 less foot room. If the person in front of us reclined, it was difficult to eat or focus on the screen without reclining yourself (which we, of course, did). As bad as the seats were, the worst was the noise coming from the lavatories. We were in 24J and 24K which are three rows in front of the middle lavatories. Every single time the toilet flushed you could clearly hear it - very loud and forceful wooshing sound. Every time the doors opened or closed, we could hear it as if we were right next to it even with ear plugs or headphones. No one in our section of the plane could sleep at all. People were simply miserable.

About an hour before landing, the cabin crew served a light breakfast and tea/coffee. Landed on time at LHR. I would never again sit in World Traveler on a BA 788. My wife and I agreed that we would have preferred a connection on one of the legacy carriers in order to avoid these awful seats and noise. Next time, we will do that or pay up for business class.

The return trip was smooth. Maybe 10 empty seats this time. The 787 was rock solid and we experienced almost no bumps on either flight. We didn't even attempt to sleep on the trip back to BNA. We watched movies and read. The tv's were fine, but the controller is awkward and difficult to use for the games. A full touch screen like what AA is using would be much better.

Customs at BNA was a bit of a cluster. Tiny area, dated, rude staff. The inarticulate young woman on the PA could barely speak English...and she was clearly a local. The "ambassadors" were dressed like 1980's hotel bartenders with their cheesy vests. I was embarrassed for Nashville. We desperately need to upgrade and expand our international arrivals area and experience asap. It is the front door to our city for many first timers and right now it is simply sub par. I don't know if we can afford to wait 5 years. One of the security guys did tell me that the flights are all running full or nearly full and that they have been 70% non-US citizens. He called it a British tourist flight. Thought that was interesting.

southwest1675

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 pm

BNAshville wrote:
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. My wife and I flew roundtrip BNA-LHR-BNA last week. Some thoughts:

Check-in at BNA was a breeze. Flight was completely full. Gate hold area was quite crowded and the boarding by zones had zone 4 folks queued up probably 50-60 deep 20 minutes prior to boarding which caused confusion amongst everyone.

The cabin crew was very pleasant and professional throughout. The flight left on time. Dinner was a bit of a head-scratcher. Food was served around 10:15pm. At least half the people around us, including us, passed on the meal as most everyone had already eaten at normal dinner time. By the time the cabin crew had everything cleaned up, it was nearly midnight and we were three full hours into the flight. I would have much preferred a snack and then let us all go to sleep. Speaking of sleep...it was nearly impossible as World Traveler seats are the most brutally painful of all time. It was 8 hours of pure misery. Shame on BA for cramming that many seats into a 787. Tightest seats I've ever seen plus electrical boxes - big ones - under the seats in front giving you about 1/3 less foot room. If the person in front of us reclined, it was difficult to eat or focus on the screen without reclining yourself (which we, of course, did). As bad as the seats were, the worst was the noise coming from the lavatories. We were in 24J and 24K which are three rows in front of the middle lavatories. Every single time the toilet flushed you could clearly hear it - very loud and forceful wooshing sound. Every time the doors opened or closed, we could hear it as if we were right next to it even with ear plugs or headphones. No one in our section of the plane could sleep at all. People were simply miserable.

About an hour before landing, the cabin crew served a light breakfast and tea/coffee. Landed on time at LHR. I would never again sit in World Traveler on a BA 788. My wife and I agreed that we would have preferred a connection on one of the legacy carriers in order to avoid these awful seats and noise. Next time, we will do that or pay up for business class.

The return trip was smooth. Maybe 10 empty seats this time. The 787 was rock solid and we experienced almost no bumps on either flight. We didn't even attempt to sleep on the trip back to BNA. We watched movies and read. The tv's were fine, but the controller is awkward and difficult to use for the games. A full touch screen like what AA is using would be much better.

Customs at BNA was a bit of a cluster. Tiny area, dated, rude staff. The inarticulate young woman on the PA could barely speak English...and she was clearly a local. The "ambassadors" were dressed like 1980's hotel bartenders with their cheesy vests. I was embarrassed for Nashville. We desperately need to upgrade and expand our international arrivals area and experience asap. It is the front door to our city for many first timers and right now it is simply sub par. I don't know if we can afford to wait 5 years. One of the security guys did tell me that the flights are all running full or nearly full and that they have been 70% non-US citizens. He called it a British tourist flight. Thought that was interesting.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It doesn’t suprise me that there are a lot of Brits coming to visit. I also figured customs would be a joke. I’m curious to see how this flight does in the winter.

ADrum23

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:24 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
BNAshville wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. It doesn’t surprise me that there are a lot of Brits coming to visit. I also figured customs would be a joke. I’m curious to see how this flight does in the winter.

Welp, I'll be sitting in World Traveler when I go next month, so this kind of sucks the enthusiasm out of me..... lol. I have the flight to LHR and then a 3 hour layover before heading off on a 10 hour flight to India.

southwest1675

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 am

Nice to see the A321 show up for CLT. AA has ran BNA-LAX 3x daily before. Those were all A319s if I’m not mistaken. I would like to see PHX, but I’m not sure it’ll happen. Seeing mainline on DCA would be nice too.

ADrum23

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Nice to see the A321 show up for CLT. AA has ran BNA-LAX 3x daily before. Those were all A319s if I’m not mistaken. I would like to see PHX, but I’m not sure it’ll happen. Seeing mainline on DCA would be nice too.

I don't think PHX happens because I don't see AA expanding in PHX. I'm convinced the only reason PHX is still an AA hub is because they cannot fit everything at LAX. If I were them, I'd close PHX and shift the capacity to both DFW and LAX.

I also doubt AA mainline to DCA will happen, considering they only fly to hubs and other major cities on mainline there.

EvanWSFO

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am

southwest1675 wrote:

I was under the impression the only carrier to ever fly BNA-LAX 3x daily was WN. Several years back, AA had a single flight that they discussed dropping, but entertainment execs and performers weren't about to fly on WN. Last I could tell, AA is 2x daily, DL is2x daily, and WN is 3x daily

Lennundus

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I don't think PHX happens because I don't see AA expanding in PHX. I'm convinced the only reason PHX is still an AA hub is because they cannot fit everything at LAX. If I were them, I'd close PHX and shift the capacity to both DFW and LAX.

I also doubt AA mainline to DCA will happen, considering they only fly to hubs and other major cities on mainline there.

Why would AA close their PHX hub? They have added many new routes since the merger including EUG, MEM, OKC, AMA, LBB, SGU, STS, and MAF. Currently AA has seen sizable increases in there pax numbers at PHX. These recent adds might suggest AA could be looking at PHX-BNA.

flymco753

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 pm

A poster brought up a good theory in another thread. If someone can look out for a stage for a possible air service announcement for BNA at some point in the next 2 weeks, keep us updated. With NK's recent adds going westward, BNA could be next.

southwest1675

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 am

flymco753 wrote:
A poster brought up a good theory in another thread. If someone can look out for a stage for a possible air service announcement for BNA at some point in the next 2 weeks, keep us updated. With NK's recent adds going westward, BNA could be next.

I’ll be on the lookout. As far as ticket space goes, AA could give up a slice and be just fine.

ADrum23

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 am

flymco753 wrote:

Where did you see that?

flymco753

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:59 am

ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Where did you see that?
In the AVL Spirit thread. It's just speculation, they're making their way west towards BNA, it could be next I don't know. It's possible. I mean if they're not done, GSO-AVL-TYS?-BNA?-MEM?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos