737MAX7
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:
I'm not surprised. The airport was more packed in the terminal than I've ever seen it when I flew in Saturday and there was a massive line of cars almost out to 40 when I flew out on Sunday.

Personally, I'm bummed about the re-split of security. The security line on the Delta/United side is always shorter (people tend to think they have to go to the "right" side) and I'm always on AA or WN so that has saved me some time.


You and I think the same. BNA TSA is probably some of the best I’ve experienced. It’s typically fast, and the TSA agents seem a lot nicer compared to other airports I’ve flown out of.


I arrived in the airport Sunday evening and could not believe how busy it was for a Sunday evening. I cannot wait for the new central terminal to be finished with the consolidated security checkpoint.

Having come from CLE and having travelled around the country BNA’s TSA agents are awesome and I tell them every time I interact with them. Also Sunday indeed was ridiculously busy, WN had 109 departures and only 4 of them were booked under 134 passengers. It indeed was nuts!
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm

737MAX7 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

You and I think the same. BNA TSA is probably some of the best I’ve experienced. It’s typically fast, and the TSA agents seem a lot nicer compared to other airports I’ve flown out of.


I arrived in the airport Sunday evening and could not believe how busy it was for a Sunday evening. I cannot wait for the new central terminal to be finished with the consolidated security checkpoint.

Having come from CLE and having travelled around the country BNA’s TSA agents are awesome and I tell them every time I interact with them. Also Sunday indeed was ridiculously busy, WN had 109 departures and only 4 of them were booked under 134 passengers. It indeed was nuts!


It's supposed to be around 120 departures come June.
 
gsg013
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 1:29 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I arrived in the airport Sunday evening and could not believe how busy it was for a Sunday evening. I cannot wait for the new central terminal to be finished with the consolidated security checkpoint.

Having come from CLE and having travelled around the country BNA’s TSA agents are awesome and I tell them every time I interact with them. Also Sunday indeed was ridiculously busy, WN had 109 departures and only 4 of them were booked under 134 passengers. It indeed was nuts!


It's supposed to be around 120 departures come June.



Hopefully the WN passengers can stay on the other side of the airport and keep the Concourse B side nice and quiet for the DL travelers

That being said has anyone seen a published trip report for the BA 787 Flight BNA-LHR?

I only know one person who went on the flight with his family and BA lost his child's car seat (obviously anecdotal evidence)
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 pm

gsg013 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:
Having come from CLE and having travelled around the country BNA’s TSA agents are awesome and I tell them every time I interact with them. Also Sunday indeed was ridiculously busy, WN had 109 departures and only 4 of them were booked under 134 passengers. It indeed was nuts!


It's supposed to be around 120 departures come June.



Hopefully the WN passengers can stay on the other side of the airport and keep the Concourse B side nice and quiet for the DL travelers

That being said has anyone seen a published trip report for the BA 787 Flight BNA-LHR?

I only know one person who went on the flight with his family and BA lost his child's car seat (obviously anecdotal evidence)


https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british ... bna-3.html There’s one here
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Just because I was curious on the BNA numbers on WN. I took the time to go do frequency for June. I did the middle of June so it would be the summer update. These numbers are for outbound from BNA. If I missed any feel free to let me know.

Numbers I found 101 Monday-Friday and 112 on Sunday. Interesting that Sunday was 11 more than weekly. I knew some places had more Sunday but I didn't think it would be that big a difference. First number is M-F and 2nd is Sunday. I didn't do Saturday because it is always the lowest.

M-F Sun
aus 3 4
bwi 6 6
BOS 3 3
CHS 1 2
CLT 1 2
mdw 7 7
cle 3 3
cmh 2 2
dal 4 5
den 5 5
dtw 2 2
fll 3 4
hou 4 4
jax 3 3
mci 4 4
las 4 4
lax 3 3
mke 2 2
msp 1 1
msy 3 4
lga 3 3
oak 1 1
mco 5 6
ecp 2 3
pns 2 2
phl 2 3
phx 3 3
pit 1 2
rdu 3 3
sat 2 2
san 2 2
stl 3 3
tpa 4 5
dca 3 3
sea 1 1

Total 101 112
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 4:07 pm

I think one of the reasons for high Sunday flights is Nashville is such a tourist draw. I am going out on a limb and say more tourist arrive Thursday and leave Sunday.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Just because I was curious on the BNA numbers on WN. I took the time to go do frequency for June. I did the middle of June so it would be the summer update. These numbers are for outbound from BNA. If I missed any feel free to let me know.

Numbers I found 101 Monday-Friday and 112 on Sunday. Interesting that Sunday was 11 more than weekly. I knew some places had more Sunday but I didn't think it would be that big a difference. First number is M-F and 2nd is Sunday. I didn't do Saturday because it is always the lowest.

M-F Sun
aus 3 4
bwi 6 6
BOS 3 3
CHS 1 2
CLT 1 2
mdw 7 7
cle 3 3
cmh 2 2
dal 4 5
den 5 5
dtw 2 2
fll 3 4
hou 4 4
jax 3 3
mci 4 4
las 4 4
lax 3 3
mke 2 2
msp 1 1
msy 3 4
lga 3 3
oak 1 1
mco 5 6
ecp 2 3
pns 2 2
phl 2 3
phx 3 3
pit 1 2
rdu 3 3
sat 2 2
san 2 2
stl 3 3
tpa 4 5
dca 3 3
sea 1 1

Total 101 112


Can't recall start dates, but the 5x daily ATL flights are missing as well as the odd Sunday only flight to OKC. Sure there are a couple more I'm missing.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 8:59 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:

Can't recall start dates, but the 5x daily ATL flights are missing as well as the odd Sunday only flight to OKC. Sure there are a couple more I'm missing.


Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Can't recall start dates, but the 5x daily ATL flights are missing as well as the odd Sunday only flight to OKC. Sure there are a couple more I'm missing.


Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.


And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
stl07
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 pm

stl07 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
I think one of the reasons for high Sunday flights is Nashville is such a tourist draw. I am going out on a limb and say more tourist arrive Thursday and leave Sunday.

I think its mainly business travelers trying to make Monday meetings/work. It's like that at ORD too. Tourist would usually want a buffer day after a TATL vacation to adjust. While BNA does have a big tourist draw, it's not Florida. I think a lot of people overinflate its actual tourist draw, and neglect to think about Nashville's large business and startup community. If this flight's target market was tourists, I think it would leave from LGW and use a high-density aircraft. Obviously, tourists are going to be using the flight, but this flight just looks to me as though it is catered more to full-service/business travelers.

disregard this post I quoted the wrong person
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Can't recall start dates, but the 5x daily ATL flights are missing as well as the odd Sunday only flight to OKC. Sure there are a couple more I'm missing.


Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.


And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


I have to believe WN will add flights that may not have already been announced. It makes little sense to move from 10 to 14 gates and stay stagnant at the number of flight they have now.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.


And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


I have to believe WN will add flights that may not have already been announced. It makes little sense to move from 10 to 14 gates and stay stagnant at the number of flight they have now.


I have no doubt they will add flights on upcoming releases. I'm sure if this summer is at 101 (weekday). Next summer will be 105-110 on weekdays.
 
HeyHey
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 1:00 am

Jshank83 wrote:

Total 101 112


Assuming nothing gets axed over the next 12 months, adding 5 daily ATL flights and 1 Sunday OKC flight would have us at 106 M-F and 118 on Sunday. If we get PDX then that could turn into 107 & 119.
 
UALFAson
Posts: 871
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:41 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 1:49 am

southwest1675 wrote:
You and I think the same. BNA TSA is probably some of the best I’ve experienced. It’s typically fast, and the TSA agents seem a lot nicer compared to other airports I’ve flown out of.


Unless you're Pre-Check and then BNA sucks. I held off getting it for years because the Pre-Check lines at BNA are almost always longer than the regular lines, at least during the week when other business travelers are flying. I can't count how many times the post-ID check Pre-Check line has snaked all the way along the back wall while people in the regular lines are literally walking straight up to the belts. It's especially infuriating because those plastic lane dividers are designed to pivot and allow lanes to switch between Pre-Check and regular. I have asked/complained multiple times why they won't switch lanes over when Pre-Check gets busy and no TSA agent has ever said anything other than "that's not my decision to make" even people who appear to be supervising.

ADrum23 wrote:
I arrived in the airport Sunday evening and could not believe how busy it was for a Sunday evening. I cannot wait for the new central terminal to be finished with the consolidated security checkpoint.


This is like the third or fourth time you have said this. Why is it so hard to believe an airport is busy on a Sunday evening, especially one like BNA?! You've got:
--swarms of tourists/bachelor(ette) heading home from their weekend in Nashville
--Nashvillians returning home after weekend getaways elsewhere
--a few business travelers heading out to be on site first thing Monday morning


Sorry, rant over. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but like a lot of this site, I'm getting tired of weeding through blind fanboy-dom to find objective, factual information.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 am

UALFAson wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
I arrived in the airport Sunday evening and could not believe how busy it was for a Sunday evening. I cannot wait for the new central terminal to be finished with the consolidated security checkpoint.


This is like the third or fourth time you have said this. Why is it so hard to believe an airport is busy on a Sunday evening, especially one like BNA?! You've got:
--swarms of tourists/bachelor(ette) heading home from their weekend in Nashville
--Nashvillians returning home after weekend getaways elsewhere
--a few business travelers heading out to be on site first thing Monday morning


Sorry, rant over. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but like a lot of this site, I'm getting tired of weeding through blind fanboy-dom to find objective, factual information.


First of all, no need to get snappy. I am just stating an observation. I always thought Monday's and Friday's were the busiest travel days. It turns out Sunday was a record day for BNA, which would explain the busyness.

As to your last point, good luck finding objective, factual information on this site. We are actually pretty mild on the BNA thread compared to others.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 am

HeyHey wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Total 101 112


Assuming nothing gets axed over the next 12 months, adding 5 daily ATL flights and 1 Sunday OKC flight would have us at 106 M-F and 118 on Sunday. If we get PDX then that could turn into 107 & 119.


How many flights would they be doing per gate?
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:14 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.


And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


I have to believe WN will add flights that may not have already been announced. It makes little sense to move from 10 to 14 gates and stay stagnant at the number of flight they have now.


Would these be increased frequencies or new destinations?

I wonder if WN will add a new destination in the upcoming May 31 schedule release? BNA stated they want PDX this year, so if WN were to launch it, they'd have to announce it then as I believe this schedule extension would cover the rest of the year. I'd also like to see SJC added too. With WN announcing SJC as a base for their upcoming Hawaii flights, having access to SJC would give another option for connecting from BNA to Hawaii on WN.

Top 3 WN destination wishlist for BNA should be PDX, SJC and IND. After that, attention can turn to smaller markets such as OMA, ABQ, BDL, PVD, RIC, etc.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 am

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


I have to believe WN will add flights that may not have already been announced. It makes little sense to move from 10 to 14 gates and stay stagnant at the number of flight they have now.


Would these be increased frequencies or new destinations?

I wonder if WN will add a new destination in the upcoming May 31 schedule release? BNA stated they want PDX this year, so if WN were to launch it, they'd have to announce it then as I believe this schedule extension would cover the rest of the year. I'd also like to see SJC added too. With WN announcing SJC as a base for their upcoming Hawaii flights, having access to SJC would give another option for connecting from BNA to Hawaii on WN.

Top 3 WN destination wishlist for BNA should be PDX, SJC and IND. After that, attention can turn to smaller markets such as OMA, ABQ, BDL, PVD, RIC, etc.


I agree with your list.
 
737MAX7
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 5:03 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Atlanta starts August 7th and OKC starts October 7th. So those are after the window I was looking at for June/July, since June/July is usually the summer peak. July could be a little different but since they were on the same update they usually are pretty close to the same.

I did every destination listed on the Wikipedia site (I just double checked to make sure). I assume it is up to date.


And just because I was curious on counts after ATL started.

August numbers
Mon-Friday - 102 flights a day
Sunday - 104 flights a day

I threw both in the spreadsheet (so I wouldn't muck up the thread), with a column of +/- difference June to August on each route.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


I have to believe WN will add flights that may not have already been announced. It makes little sense to move from 10 to 14 gates and stay stagnant at the number of flight they have now.


C4 only gets used for originating/terminating flights now except for the occasional turn due to a broken jetway/broken airplane. It’s been mentioned they are worried about the availability of C4 once construction of D starts.
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 12:39 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
[

Top 3 WN destination wishlist for BNA should be PDX, SJC and IND. After that, attention can turn to smaller markets such as OMA, ABQ, BDL, PVD, RIC, etc.


I realize there is already plenty of capacity on BNA-SEA, especially during the summer, but will BNA-SEA ever go year-round to serve both O&D and connecting traffic at BNA?

How much of WN's traffic at BNA is connecting versus O&D?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 12:49 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
[

Top 3 WN destination wishlist for BNA should be PDX, SJC and IND. After that, attention can turn to smaller markets such as OMA, ABQ, BDL, PVD, RIC, etc.


I realize there is already plenty of capacity on BNA-SEA, especially during the summer, but will BNA-SEA ever go year-round to serve both O&D and connecting traffic at BNA?

How much of WN's traffic at BNA is connecting versus O&D?


BNA does get a good amount of connections from WN, but I was always told the O&D here is very good. BNA-SEA should be year-round. Nobody knows why it isn't. It's full of cargo, mail, and has good load factors.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 1:59 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
[

Top 3 WN destination wishlist for BNA should be PDX, SJC and IND. After that, attention can turn to smaller markets such as OMA, ABQ, BDL, PVD, RIC, etc.


I realize there is already plenty of capacity on BNA-SEA, especially during the summer, but will BNA-SEA ever go year-round to serve both O&D and connecting traffic at BNA?

How much of WN's traffic at BNA is connecting versus O&D?


BNA does get a good amount of connections from WN, but I was always told the O&D here is very good. BNA-SEA should be year-round. Nobody knows why it isn't. It's full of cargo, mail, and has good load factors.


Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 pm

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I realize there is already plenty of capacity on BNA-SEA, especially during the summer, but will BNA-SEA ever go year-round to serve both O&D and connecting traffic at BNA?

How much of WN's traffic at BNA is connecting versus O&D?


BNA does get a good amount of connections from WN, but I was always told the O&D here is very good. BNA-SEA should be year-round. Nobody knows why it isn't. It's full of cargo, mail, and has good load factors.


Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


I'm thinking we get PDX on May 31st.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

pdt2f wrote:
Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


AS double daily is only for summer, not year round. I would never have guessed that BNA-SFO/OAK would have the same frequency as BNA-SEA for the summer. Pretty impressive to have that much capacity to SEA. Makes for pretty cheap flights.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:33 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

BNA does get a good amount of connections from WN, but I was always told the O&D here is very good. BNA-SEA should be year-round. Nobody knows why it isn't. It's full of cargo, mail, and has good load factors.


Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


I'm thinking we get PDX on May 31st.


This schedule extension is from November to early January, which is the time when travel to PDX is very low. I'd expect PDX-BNA to start sometime from March/April or early summer 2019, so I would say you might have to wait for the next schedule extension or the one after that.
2018: AMS, ATL, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, FRA, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MAD, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


I'm thinking we get PDX on May 31st.


This schedule extension is from November to early January, which is the time when travel to PDX is very low. I'd expect PDX-BNA to start sometime from March/April or early summer 2019, so I would say you might have to wait for the next schedule extension or the one after that.


Maybe BNA-IND gets launched this time?
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


AS double daily is only for summer, not year round. I would never have guessed that BNA-SFO/OAK would have the same frequency as BNA-SEA for the summer. Pretty impressive to have that much capacity to SEA. Makes for pretty cheap flights.


Though I’m surprised they only do one flight to OAK, which is why I hope they launch SJC as well eventually.

How are the loads on WN BNA-SEA when it runs?
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 pm

I am going to guess any adds in the next extension are most likely to be frequencies or adds to warmer weather areas. They could add others but I would guess this is when CUN comes back and more Florida flights. Obviously, they could add others but as Indy said PDX is more of a spring/summer add. Loads there are usually pretty poor in the winter. I don't know the highest PDEW unserved from BNA though. I would be curious if anyone has those numbers handy.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 4:08 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
Also keep in mind though that AS is going double daily this summer, so as far as we can tell in the future there will be at least 3 year round SEA flights from AS and DL, plus the WN seasonal. It’s a lot of seats, especially since it was unserved until just a few years ago. I do think WN could easily make this flight year round though: they have millions of their own loyalists who only or almost only fly WN, and they have the opportunity to connect at this side of the flight, while DL and AS typically will only connect at the SEA end. It’ll happen eventually, especially in the unlikely event that we get amazon HQ2.


AS double daily is only for summer, not year round. I would never have guessed that BNA-SFO/OAK would have the same frequency as BNA-SEA for the summer. Pretty impressive to have that much capacity to SEA. Makes for pretty cheap flights.


Though I’m surprised they only do one flight to OAK, which is why I hope they launch SJC as well eventually.

How are the loads on WN BNA-SEA when it runs?


If I remember correctly last summer the loads on all the SEA flights were >90%.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm

pdt2f wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

AS double daily is only for summer, not year round. I would never have guessed that BNA-SFO/OAK would have the same frequency as BNA-SEA for the summer. Pretty impressive to have that much capacity to SEA. Makes for pretty cheap flights.


Though I’m surprised they only do one flight to OAK, which is why I hope they launch SJC as well eventually.

How are the loads on WN BNA-SEA when it runs?


If I remember correctly last summer the loads on all the SEA flights were >90%.


Then there isn't any reason WN couldn't do a daily year round BNA-SEA flight. Though I wonder if BNA could handle all three (DL, AS and WN) on the same route.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 pm

LFs for Seattle flights. AS does really well. DL falls off.

AS
Month... Outbound.... Inbound
October..... 95.12%.....93.92%
November.... 93.41%.....93.43%
December..... 95.04%.....89.28%
January.... 81.85%.....83.64%
February.... 88.87%.....87.06%

DL
October .....85.41%..... 87.97%
November .....74.91%..... 72.52%
December .....74.43%..... 73.42%
January .....62.79%..... 49.44%
February .....68.64%..... 51.12%
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1562
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
LFs for Seattle flights. AS does really well. DL falls off.

AS
Month... Outbound.... Inbound
October..... 95.12%.....93.92%
November.... 93.41%.....93.43%
December..... 95.04%.....89.28%
January.... 81.85%.....83.64%
February.... 88.87%.....87.06%

DL
October .....85.41%..... 87.97%
November .....74.91%..... 72.52%
December .....74.43%..... 73.42%
January .....62.79%..... 49.44%
February .....68.64%..... 51.12%


Wow, that is pretty impressive for AS, pretty bad for DL (during the winter). If WN increased BNA-SEA to year round, I wonder if that would kick DL off the route, or reduce it to seasonal?

Also, I wonder if WN launching BNA-SJC would kick AS off the BNA-SFO route, since the LF's there seem to be trash (according to data provided by Midwestindy in the Indianapolis thread).
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Though I’m surprised they only do one flight to OAK, which is why I hope they launch SJC as well eventually.

How are the loads on WN BNA-SEA when it runs?


If I remember correctly last summer the loads on all the SEA flights were >90%.


Then there isn't any reason WN couldn't do a daily year round BNA-SEA flight. Though I wonder if BNA could handle all three (DL, AS and WN) on the same route.


PDEW drops by over half from summer to winter, so it isn't that surprising that WN doesn't run it year round
2018: AMS, ATL, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, FRA, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MAD, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
pdt2f
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 11:12 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
LFs for Seattle flights. AS does really well. DL falls off.

AS
Month... Outbound.... Inbound
October..... 95.12%.....93.92%
November.... 93.41%.....93.43%
December..... 95.04%.....89.28%
January.... 81.85%.....83.64%
February.... 88.87%.....87.06%

DL
October .....85.41%..... 87.97%
November .....74.91%..... 72.52%
December .....74.43%..... 73.42%
January .....62.79%..... 49.44%
February .....68.64%..... 51.12%


Wow, that is pretty impressive for AS, pretty bad for DL (during the winter). If WN increased BNA-SEA to year round, I wonder if that would kick DL off the route, or reduce it to seasonal?

Also, I wonder if WN launching BNA-SJC would kick AS off the BNA-SFO route, since the LF's there seem to be trash (according to data provided by Midwestindy in the Indianapolis thread).


Just a guess but DL’s corporate contracts might require them to offer the flight year-round. Also if the premium seats are full and the belly is full of cargo it might still be profitable at 49% LF, or profitable enough to not give the route completely to AS.
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I wonder how much of DL's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting to Asia. That may be a big factor in why it is flown year-round.

I also wonder how much of WN's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting through BNA, and where that traffic connects on WN when the route is not flown.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 3:11 pm

A couple of United BNA updates:

UA has awarded it's ground handling contract to it's subsidiary, United Ground Express from DGS.

They will also be increasing service to EWR in it's newest schedule update. Here's the comparisons for this Monday vs Monday Oct 15...I'm not sure of the seasonality for BNA so YOY might be more accurate, but nonetheless it looks like quite impressive. Increases in gauge and/or frequency (or in most cases, both) to all hubs except SFO.

SFO: 2 A319 > 2 A319
DEN: 2 E75, 1 A319 > 3 E75, 1 738
IAH: 1 CRJ, 2 E70, 1 73G, 1 738 > 2 CR7, 1 E175, 1 A319, 1 A320, 1 739
ORD: 3 CRJ, 1 CR7, 2 E75, 1 A319 > 1 CRJ, 2 E75, 1 A319, 2 A320, 1 73G
IAD: 2 E70, 1 CR7 > 1 ERJ, 1 E75, 1 A319
EWR: 1 ERJ, 1 CR7, 2 738 > 2 ERJ, 1 E70, 1 A320, 1 73G, 2 738
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 3:15 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
I wonder how much of DL's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting to Asia. That may be a big factor in why it is flown year-round.

I also wonder how much of WN's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting through BNA, and where that traffic connects on WN when the route is not flown.


They could connect those people through MSP and DTW to most of the places they fly from SEA though.

STL/MDW/BWI/DEN are probably where people from SEA connect through to go east while BNA does not have SEA on WN.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I think the year-round for DL, despite the sparse winter loads are more important than seasonal. I'm not sure it is as important as year-round for WN. But who knows? Look at both LAX and SFO from BNA, LAX has three carriers with 7 flights (I think), and SFO went from 0 to 2. I remember not so long ago AA was going to yank the LAX nonstop but the music industry wasn't happy so they kept it.
 
gsg013
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 3:55 pm

IIFC the BNA-LAX on DL was for a while A319 then A320 now it is 737-800 can anyone discuss this upguage (know the A320 family is slightly wider but talking about seats) seems like a nice progression of adding seats while growing the market.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 pm

gsg013 wrote:
IIFC the BNA-LAX on DL was for a while A319 then A320 now it is 737-800 can anyone discuss this upguage (know the A320 family is slightly wider but talking about seats) seems like a nice progression of adding seats while growing the market.


DL is running 319’s now to LAX. They run 738’s seasonally (summer through maybe like December). AA has been using 738’s exclusively since last spring so I’m assuming it’s a permanent upgauge.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 pm

gsg013 wrote:
IIFC the BNA-LAX on DL was for a while A319 then A320 now it is 737-800 can anyone discuss this upguage (know the A320 family is slightly wider but talking about seats) seems like a nice progression of adding seats while growing the market.


DL is running 319’s now to LAX. They run 738’s seasonally (summer through maybe like December). AA has been using 738’s exclusively since last spring so I’m assuming it’s a permanent upgauge.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 12956
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 4:19 pm

pdt2f wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
IIFC the BNA-LAX on DL was for a while A319 then A320 now it is 737-800 can anyone discuss this upguage (know the A320 family is slightly wider but talking about seats) seems like a nice progression of adding seats while growing the market.


DL is running 319’s now to LAX. They run 738’s seasonally (summer through maybe like December). AA has been using 738’s exclusively since last spring so I’m assuming it’s a permanent upgauge.


Remember that AA still has some operational need to run LAA equipment to LAA hubs, so it’s imprtant not to read too much into AA’s equipment choices. Once there is full fleet integration, the LUS 319 is probably the right equipment for the red eye.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 12956
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
I wonder how much of DL's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting to Asia. That may be a big factor in why it is flown year-round.

I also wonder how much of WN's BNA-SEA traffic is connecting through BNA, and where that traffic connects on WN when the route is not flown.


They could connect those people through MSP and DTW to most of the places they fly from SEA though.

STL/MDW/BWI/DEN are probably where people from SEA connect through to go east while BNA does not have SEA on WN.


I have a lot of business in Japan and Korea and, while I like DL for for various reasons, have never found a SEA connection competitive. I suppose the Y experience on the 763 might be a selling point for SEA but the J product is virtually always better through DTW or ATL, and I don’t like the longer domestic segment even when the connection times might work.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
gsg013
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 6:24 pm

pdt2f wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
IIFC the BNA-LAX on DL was for a while A319 then A320 now it is 737-800 can anyone discuss this upguage (know the A320 family is slightly wider but talking about seats) seems like a nice progression of adding seats while growing the market.


DL is running 319’s now to LAX. They run 738’s seasonally (summer through maybe like December). AA has been using 738’s exclusively since last spring so I’m assuming it’s a permanent upgauge.


Didnt realize it was A319 currently I am scheduled on BNA-LAX in June and it is 737-8 my mistake.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm

My go to guy over at AA told me that the Admirals Club is doing well with the BA pax.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Its been quiet in there this week.
 
runner13
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 pm

The ramp connector closes next week for 5 years. That will make things interesting. I fly out Sunday morning and am looking forward to seeing British Airways signage.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 5:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmT6uoGK18Y&t=5s The airport put out a nice video on the inaugural BA service.
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
My go to guy over at AA told me that the Admirals Club is doing well with the BA pax.



No surprise. Every time I fly home I am reminded how solid that club is. Really one of my favorite ones clubs in the system with GREAT employees.
 
RamblinMan
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmT6uoGK18Y&t=5s The airport put out a nice video on the inaugural BA service.


Unfortunate that at the end of it youtube automatically loaded another video entitled "EUROPE'S WORST BUSINESS CLASS: British Airways vs Lufthansa" with an unflattering review of both and a recommendation to book elsewhere.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos