Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQ22
Topic Author

What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:02 am

Happy new year.

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1348095

ADrum23

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:41 pm

When will we find out the total number of passengers who passed through BNA for 2017?

BenflysDTW

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:43 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
When will we find out the total number of passengers who passed through BNA for 2017?

Most statistics come out in February.

Lexy

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Yeah, next month we'll know what the new numbers are.

WN is rumored to be above 120 flights this year and that will likely be what's going into the "new" D concourse. BA starts in May. AA is still flat. DL has more desire to grow. UA is...well...UA.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Lexy wrote:

WN is rumored to be above 120 flights this year and that will likely be what's going into the "new" D concourse. BA starts in May. AA is still flat. DL has more desire to grow. UA is...well...UA.

How many gates in C does WN use now? If they get the six gates for D (which won't be anytime soon), seems they would have enough to go over 120 flights. I expected DL growing might push someone off B. I've been looking, but I cannot find any kind of .pdf that shows the new terminal configuration upon completion. Just the added runway east of 2R/20L, which makes zero sense to me.

ADrum23

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:46 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

How many gates in C does WN use now? If they get the six gates for D (which won't be anytime soon), seems they would have enough to go over 120 flights. I expected DL growing might push someone off B. I've been looking, but I cannot find any kind of .pdf that shows the new terminal configuration upon completion. Just the added runway east of 2R/20L, which makes zero sense to me.

I doubt WN gets all six gates in D, I think some of those may go to NK and/or G4 if they ever get around to starting service at BNA. On that note, someone last week edited the Nashville Airport wikipedia page and stated that G4 was going to begin service to SFB sometime between May and July of 2018 (and edited the SFB page to show Nashville). I reverted it because they didn't have a source, and people have edited the page before with new unsourced destinations so I am not reading much into it. However, I will be very surprised if either G4 or NK don't enter BNA this year, Nashville is due for some more ULCC service.

To Lexy: where/what is WN going to add this year if they plan on going above 120 flights? And what else does DL plan on adding? I would be surprised if DL grew much more at BNA considering ATL is only a 55 minute plane ride away.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:55 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

I doubt WN gets all six gates in D, I think some of those may go to NK and/or G4 if they ever get around to starting service at BNA. On that note, someone last week edited the Nashville Airport wikipedia page and stated that G4 was going to begin service to SFB sometime between May and July of 2018 (and edited the SFB page to show Nashville). I reverted it because they didn't have a source, and people have edited the page before with new unsourced destinations so I am not reading much into it. However, I will be very surprised if either G4 or NK don't enter BNA this year, Nashville is due for some more ULCC service.

To Lexy: where/what is WN going to add this year if they plan on going above 120 flights? And what else does DL plan on adding? I would be surprised if DL grew much more at BNA considering ATL is only a 55 minute plane ride away.

Given the number of people I have heard about that drive to Knoxville to catch G4, PGD seems like a better first destination. Orlando seems more of a likely choice for NK as far as Florida goes, along with FLL. DL has added P2P service to BOS and RDU. Wouldn't surprise me to see them add some routes reachable with a CR9. I think a lot depends on WN. They have more space for some flights that hopefully are new destinations and not frequency additions, though a few routes could use more options.

Midwestindy

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
DL has added P2P service to BOS and RDU. Wouldn't surprise me to see them add some routes reachable with a CR9.

Are BOS and RDU p2p flights, considering BOS is a "hub" for DL, and RDU is a focus city? Not saying DL won't add more flights at BNA, just wondering....considering they already fly p2p to MCO and CUN from BNA. What happened to that rumor that DL was adding BDL to BNA?

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
DL has added P2P service to BOS and RDU. Wouldn't surprise me to see them add some routes reachable with a CR9.

Are BOS and RDU p2p flights, considering BOS is a "hub" for DL, and RDU is a focus city? Not saying DL won't add more flights at BNA, just wondering....considering they already fly p2p to MCO and CUN from BNA. What happened to that rumor that DL was adding BDL to BNA?

I suppose I was referring to the biggest hubs, and considered BOS and RDU, at least from Nashville, P2P. Could be either way. I've heard the BDL rumor, but my source at the airport took a new job so I don't hear as much as I used to.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 am

If WN is rumored to hit 120 daily departures, I'd assume BDL would come back. If I'm not mistaken, I think the O&D is pretty good on BNA-BDL.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 am

Lexy wrote:

Any word if WN still has plans to acquire C13 and C14 from AA?

ADrum23

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:50 am

southwest1675 wrote:
If WN is rumored to hit 120 daily departures, I'd assume BDL would come back. If I'm not mistaken, I think the O&D is pretty good on BNA-BDL.

I wish they’d bring back BNA-PVD as well.

Jshank83

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 am

120 would be a pretty big jump wouldn't it? I haven't counted out what the number is for next summer but I wouldn't think the rest of the year would be much higher than that. Wasn't last summer 100ish?

southwest1675

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
120 would be a pretty big jump wouldn't it? I haven't counted out what the number is for next summer but I wouldn't think the rest of the year would be much higher than that. Wasn't last summer 100ish?

It was 105 last summer.

evank516

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:03 pm

I was just in Nashville for the first time this past weekend. My sister moved there in October and I went to visit her. BNA seems like a nice airport, and security was dead when I left on NYE. Routing was LGA-ATL-BNA r/t on DL because I wanted to avoid the RJ and my loyalty is with DL or B6. Any possibility of seeing DL go mainline on NYC-BNA (like the RON or something) or maybe the return of JFK-BNA on B6?

AAvgeek744

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm

evank516 wrote:
I was just in Nashville for the first time this past weekend. My sister moved there in October and I went to visit her. BNA seems like a nice airport, and security was dead when I left on NYE. Routing was LGA-ATL-BNA r/t on DL because I wanted to avoid the RJ and my loyalty is with DL or B6. Any possibility of seeing DL go mainline on NYC-BNA (like the RON or something) or maybe the return of JFK-BNA on B6?

It's been quite awhile since AA or DL operated mainline from LGA, seems they are leaving WN to that. They seem content with the CR7's. (Not sure if they are running E75's). I would not hold out for B6 to JFK. I have no idea how they are doing on BOS and FLL, but they failed bigtime when they last served JFK. But who knows? The business climate here is better than the previous time they tried it.

evank516

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

It's been quite awhile since AA or DL operated mainline from LGA, seems they are leaving WN to that. They seem content with the CR7's. (Not sure if they are running E75's). I would not hold out for B6 to JFK. I have no idea how they are doing on BOS and FLL, but they failed bigtime when they last served JFK. But who knows? The business climate here is better than the previous time they tried it.

I think it's a mix of CR7s/CR9s/E175s for DL and E175s/ER4s for AA. I'm definitely not holding out for B6 to resume JFK-BNA, but with the different business climate nowadays I wonder if it may work out this time around? Either way, I really don't have any issue doing NYC-ATL-BNA. It's really not that bad, especially since I've sat on a toilet longer than it takes to fly ATL-BNA :rotfl:

ADrum23

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Just curious, how exactly did B6 fail bigtime on BNA-JFK? IMO, it may have been a case of too much, too soon. I believe it was cut in early 2008, just as the recession was heating up and fuel prices began skyrocketing. It was also ran before Nashville became the major player it is now. With the massive growth since 2010ish, coupled with the lack of mainline on BNA-JFK, it probably could work today. I think they will relaunch it eventually (but probably not this year). BNA's similar-sized peer airports in the south (AUS, MSY, RDU) all have service to JFK on B6, so I don't see why BNA couldn't.

tphuang

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Just curious, how exactly did B6 fail bigtime on BNA-JFK? IMO, it may have been a case of too much, too soon. I believe it was cut in early 2008, just as the recession was heating up and fuel prices began skyrocketing. It was also ran before Nashville became the major player it is now. With the massive growth since 2010ish, coupled with the lack of mainline on BNA-JFK, it probably could work today. I think they will relaunch it eventually (but probably not this year). BNA's similar-sized peer airports in the south (AUS, MSY, RDU) all have service to JFK on B6, so I don't see why BNA couldn't.

I think if B6 tried BNA, it can probably make it work given that it does quite well in the Southern cities. However, well timed slots are limited at JFK and if they were to enter a market like STL that have no existing JFK service, it might make more sense. Of course now, if JFK slots are ever dropped, then all bets are off. But if B6 was really brave, it could try BNA-MCO.

AAvgeek744

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 am

tphuang wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I think if B6 tried BNA, it can probably make it work given that it does quite well in the Southern cities. However, well timed slots are limited at JFK and if they were to enter a market like STL that have no existing JFK service, it might make more sense. Of course now, if JFK slots are ever dropped, then all bets are off. But if B6 was really brave, it could try BNA-MCO.

One reason the failed on JFK is its simply not an airport BNA travelers need, LGA and EWR are better suited.. AA and DL have RJ connections to their international banks at JFK but that is it. Also, when they served BNA, there was little if any advertising. The name was an unknown quantity to 97% of people in Nashville. They should stick to the 2x daily to BOS, 1x daily to FLL for now.. They might make MCO work, but I'd rather see them get a good foothold in the area before expanding.

ADrum23

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

One reason the failed on JFK is its simply not an airport BNA travelers need, LGA and EWR are better suited.. AA and DL have RJ connections to their international banks at JFK but that is it. Also, when they served BNA, there was little if any advertising. The name was an unknown quantity to 97% of people in Nashville. They should stick to the 2x daily to BOS, 1x daily to FLL for now.. They might make MCO work, but I'd rather see them get a good foothold in the area before expanding.

I’d rather use B6 to connect in JFK as opposed to DL or UA at EWR. Perhaps if AA continues to scale back at JFK and eventually cut their twice daily Eagle BNA-JFK (not saying that will happen, but it’s possible. If AA were smart, they’d dehub JFK and focus on building up PHL into a 600+ flight fortress hub of similar size to CLT), that would create an opening for B6 to relaunch service to JFK. If RDU, AUS and MSY can support B6 to JFK, BNA can too.

That being said, I agree there are much bigger priorities for B6 right now and they should let B6 mature a bit longer at BNA before expanding (they’ve only been here for a little over a year and a half). And as previously stated, there may not be enough slots for B6 at JFK to expand much further.

evank516

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:02 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I’d rather use B6 to connect in JFK as opposed to DL or UA at EWR. Perhaps if AA continues to scale back at JFK and eventually cut their twice daily Eagle BNA-JFK (not saying that will happen, but it’s possible. If AA were smart, they’d dehub JFK and focus on building up PHL into a 600+ flight fortress hub of similar size to CLT), that would create an opening for B6 to relaunch service to JFK. If RDU, AUS and MSY can support B6 to JFK, BNA can too.

That being said, I agree there are much bigger priorities for B6 right now and they should let B6 mature a bit longer at BNA before expanding (they’ve only been here for a little over a year and a half). And as previously stated, there may not be enough slots for B6 at JFK to expand much further.

Agreed. They're doing fine with what they have, and they need to re-establish themselves at BNA before considering JFK again. I think it'll eventually work for them, but it'll be a little while.

ADrum23

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:08 am

So the November passenger numbers are out. The YTD is just over 12,900,000, which is equivalent to all of 2016. Since December likely saw 1,000,000+ passengers, it looks like BNA finished above 14 million for 2017, yet another record! We will know for sure the final number within the next few weeks.

Random question: Does BNA have gates that can handle a 747 and/or a 777/A350? I assume the new international gates will be designed to do so, but what about right now?

southwest1675

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

NBJ released article. It looks like BNA is now the fastest growing airport in the United States. https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/n ... o-the.html

kingcavalier

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Final 2017 passenger numbers are in -

https://flynashville.com/news-and-media ... mbers.aspx

“NASHVILLE ─ The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) today announced Nashville International Airport (BNA) served more than 14.1 million passengers in 2017, setting a new all-time passenger record for the calendar year.

In 2017, 14,134,448 passengers traveled to and from BNA, an increase of more than 1.1 million passengers, representing an 8.9 percent increase over the previous year, and setting a new all-time passenger record for the fifth consecutive calendar year. 2017 was also the second calendar year in a row to add more than 1 million additional total passengers.”

Midwestindy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm

kingcavalier wrote:

“NASHVILLE ─ The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) today announced Nashville International Airport (BNA) served more than 14.1 million passengers in 2017, setting a new all-time passenger record for the calendar year.

In 2017, 14,134,448 passengers traveled to and from BNA, an increase of more than 1.1 million passengers, representing an 8.9 percent increase over the previous year, and setting a new all-time passenger record for the fifth consecutive calendar year. 2017 was also the second calendar year in a row to add more than 1 million additional total passengers.”

How much growth is expected for 2018?

ADrum23

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
kingcavalier wrote:

How much growth is expected for 2018?

I have no idea, but I don't expect this 1 million+ annual increase in passengers to last much longer. According to BNA Vision, passenger traffic is only expected to reach around 23 million by 2041 (about 23 years from now), which would roughly be only 9 million more passengers over that time period.

Considering as of now, no significant new service has been announced at BNA since the LHR flight last August (not counting the new Vacation Express charter flights), I expect growth to slow a bit this year, but we'll see.

I anticipate something new will be announced in the not too distant future.

southwest1675

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 pm

It's been said before, but I think 2018 will surely give us PDX and a couple WN cities.

Lexy

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm not holding my breath, but PDX could happen this year. There's no reason it's not already there, but I digress.

AA and JFK. LOL!! AA is a shell of its former self. The fact that it's a primarily "80% regional" airline out of BNA should shed some light on their true priorities. AA only cares about its hubs and to heck with the "outstations". I'd look for zero growth from them.

ADrum23

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Lexy wrote:
AA and JFK. LOL!! AA is a shell of its former self. The fact that it's a primarily "80% regional" airline out of BNA should shed some light on their true priorities. AA only cares about its hubs and to heck with the "outstations". I'd look for zero growth from them.

AA is allergic to p2p flying for whatever reason, and it will cost them long term.

Lexy

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

AA is allergic to p2p flying for whatever reason, and it will cost them long term.

Well it's US Airways doing business as "American Airlines" now so I don't see that allergy going away anytime soon.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

I can't think of many P2P cities AA would actually want to fly to. Since DFW is going down to 7x daily, they could toss in an overfly to PHX, but I kinda doubt it. They need to take the 50 seaters away from ORD, DCA, and NYC and put at least CR7/CR9/175 in, but they (and US before them) seem OK with those aircraft. Delta seems the most willing to P2P. The BDL rumor is still floating around, I'm sure there are others.

ADrum23

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

I can't think of many P2P cities AA would actually want to fly to. Since DFW is going down to 7x daily, they could toss in an overfly to PHX, but I kinda doubt it. They need to take the 50 seaters away from ORD, DCA, and NYC and put at least CR7/CR9/175 in, but they (and US before them) seem OK with those aircraft. Delta seems the most willing to P2P. The BDL rumor is still floating around, I'm sure there are others.

I was saying AA (and UA) is allergic to p2p flying in general, not specifically referring to BNA. BNA doesn't necessarily need AA flying p2p out of BNA, that's what WN is for. I've given up any hope on any upgauges to BNA-ORD on AA. And forget about PHX, that will never happen.

I also don't think BNA-BDL on DL will happen. It probably would have been announced by now if it was. I would be surprised if DL expanded much further out of BNA destination-wise; we are too close to ATL.

The biggest thing BNA needs right now is for G4 and/or NK to come to town, as well as for F9 to expand. Despite being a heavy tourist destination, BNA shockingly lacks in the ULCC department compared to its peers.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I was saying AA (and UA) is allergic to p2p flying in general, not specifically referring to BNA. BNA doesn't necessarily need AA flying p2p out of BNA, that's what WN is for. I've given up any hope on any upgauges to BNA-ORD on AA. And forget about PHX, that will never happen.

I also don't think BNA-BDL on DL will happen. It probably would have been announced by now if it was. I would be surprised if DL expanded much further out of BNA destination-wise; we are too close to ATL.

The biggest thing BNA needs right now is for G4 and/or NK to come to town, as well as for F9 to expand. Despite being a heavy tourist destination, BNA shockingly lacks in the ULCC department compared to its peers.

IMO, when you compare cities of similar size to Nashville, we have one thing many don't. A larger than average WN presence. That might be keeping ULCC carriers away. While WN is basically a legacy now, they still can get you where you want to go cheaply if you plan well. While still a tourist destination, it's gaining i business travel. I don't know what the percentages are are. F9 might expand a bit. NK is more of a daily service carrier, but DFW, DTW and a Florida destination are possible. I don't think the 2018 growth will be like last years, but at the rate the city is growing, the numbers aren't going to go downward.

ADrum23

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:28 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

IMO, when you compare cities of similar size to Nashville, we have one thing many don't. A larger than average WN presence. That might be keeping ULCC carriers away. While WN is basically a legacy now, they still can get you where you want to go cheaply if you plan well. While still a tourist destination, it's gaining i business travel. I don't know what the percentages are are. F9 might expand a bit. NK is more of a daily service carrier, but DFW, DTW and a Florida destination are possible. I don't think the 2018 growth will be like last years, but at the rate the city is growing, the numbers aren't going to go downward.

I agree Nashville is both a tourist and business destination, I was simply saying the amount of tourism in the area should make BNA appeal to ULCC's such as G4 and NK.

Good point about WN, but other cities with sizeable WN presence has ULCC's as well. For example, AUS and STL both have big WN stations and both F9 and G4 (G4 in STL is via BLV), whereas the BNA market lacks G4 entirely (yet, in-state rivals MEM, TYS and CHA all have it).

It's not a huge deal, but the lack of G4 and/or NK at BNA is a head scratcher, especially considering the rapid growth of the market/airport. However, I do believe it is a matter of when, not if, they come.

AAvgeek744

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I agree Nashville is both a tourist and business destination, I was simply saying the amount of tourism in the area should make BNA appeal to ULCC's such as G4 and NK.

Good point about WN, but other cities with sizeable WN presence has ULCC's as well. For example, AUS and STL both have big WN stations and both F9 and G4 (G4 in STL is via BLV), whereas the BNA market lacks G4 entirely (yet, in-state rivals MEM, TYS and CHA all have it).

It's not a huge deal, but the lack of G4 and/or NK at BNA is a head scratcher, especially considering the rapid growth of the market/airport. However, I do believe it is a matter of when, not if, they come.

Re:Tourism, I have a friend who used to work ticket counter and gate. He dreaded the rush after the CMA Music Festival and Bonnaroo. Stated it wasn't hard to figure out who had spent the weekend in Manchester from the lack of bathing. Despite several questions, I have not been able to determine how many gates WN is now using. Recently, I've been on DL for most of my trips, haven't been down on C lately. With WN, all I have heard is 10, 12, or 14 gates. If it's 14, they could probably add some service to maximize gate utilization. Personally I'd like to see BDL, MHT, ISP or PVD return, but not likely. I think we could support a flight to PDX, SJC, ABQ, and maybe get back the season weekly flight to PBI. Tough to predict strategies.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Re:Tourism, I have a friend who used to work ticket counter and gate. He dreaded the rush after the CMA Music Festival and Bonnaroo. Stated it wasn't hard to figure out who had spent the weekend in Manchester from the lack of bathing. Despite several questions, I have not been able to determine how many gates WN is now using. Recently, I've been on DL for most of my trips, haven't been down on C lately. With WN, all I have heard is 10, 12, or 14 gates. If it's 14, they could probably add some service to maximize gate utilization. Personally I'd like to see BDL, MHT, ISP or PVD return, but not likely. I think we could support a flight to PDX, SJC, ABQ, and maybe get back the season weekly flight to PBI. Tough to predict strategies.

WN is using 12 gates right now. Still been hearing about them taking C13 and C14 from American. It looks like they took the signage in the terminal for those gates last time I flew out.

ADrum23

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:25 am

So Hensel Phelps has officially been awarded the contract to construct the new Concourse D, it looks like it should begin construction pretty soon, with it being ready to go by summer of 2020. Also, the terminal apron expansion (filling in that awkward large gap that exists) should begin soon as well, with it being finished by spring of 2019.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20989249/notes-airport-awards-contracts-with-collective-value-of-226m

Now to the bad news; the Rob Wigington saga continues as he is naming two new defendants in his lawsuit and the airport board has laid additional reasons for his ouster. This needs to get resolved, we need this sideshow to go away.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/01/17/wigington-adds-two-defendants-lawsuit-against-nashville-airport-board/1040667001/

However, nothing new on the air service front, at least nothing I have heard. Hopefully, we will be hearing something soon......

737MAX7

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 am

WN will take possession of gates C13/14 in March.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 am

737MAX7 wrote:

That should give them some room for new services or added frequencies. 14 gates for 120ish flights, they could eek out some new routes.

ADrum23

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:

That should give them some room for new services or added frequencies. 14 gates for 120ish flights, they could eek out some new routes.

How many gates do they have now with how many flights? How many gates does C have or can accommodate overall?

I’ve seen conflicting information on this.

southwest1675

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:36 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:

How many gates do they have now with how many flights? How many gates does C have or can accommodate overall?

WN would have C4, C7, C9, C16, C18, C20, C21, C22, C25, C19, C17, C15, C14, and C13 this Spring.

Jshank83

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Has anyone counted up how many daily flights WN has this summer?

AAvgeek744

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:42 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

WN would have C4, C7, C9, C16, C18, C20, C21, C22, C25, C19, C17, C15, C14, and C13 this Spring.

I've read in other threads that in many stations WN can turn around 10 flights per day per gate. I don't expect them to go to 140 flights, but some place new would be nice.

jplatts

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:59 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I've read in other threads that in many stations WN can turn around 10 flights per day per gate. I don't expect them to go to 140 flights, but some place new would be nice.

Good point, and WN actually already does more than 10 flights per day per gate out of some of its gate at AUS, DAL, and LAX.

ADrum23

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:39 am

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

How many gates does C have overall?

AAvgeek744

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

24 I think.The IAB will probably take 2 away. Someone who works at the airport could answer this better.

737MAX7

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

24 I think.The IAB will probably take 2 away. Someone who works at the airport could answer this better.

Only been here since October but I do believe you are correct.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

The IAB would probably get rid of C2, C3, and B1, B2.

AAvgeek744

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:38 am

southwest1675 wrote:
The IAB would probably get rid of C2, C3, and B1, B2.

That's my guess too. I wish BNA Vision would come out with some detailed pdf's showing what the changes will look like. What little they do have just states the plans. I, and probably a lot of people, would like to see more meat in the plans online.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos