Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

pdxav8r

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
The majority of posts I have seen on this thread are about PDX, so I thought I would put this here

UA flies once a day OTH-SFO with CRJ and twice a week OTH-DEN with E175

87th time is a charm. I had some trouble uploading this pic. I am not good with images....

Cool shot! Love seeing activity at other Oregon airports. BTW, the CRJ looks like it is missing its right winglet.

seb146

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 pm

pdxav8r wrote:
Cool shot! Love seeing activity at other Oregon airports. BTW, the CRJ looks like it is missing its right winglet.

I did not see that "missing" winglet until you said something! The pax on the E175 had to wait until the CRJ was ready to leave. I guess there is only one baggage tug and only one ramp.

I like all the activity at PDX but I often wonder what is going on at other airports around the state. I have been reading that Boutique Air changed some of their flights to PDT and that Eastern Oregon Regional is looking at adding service from another airline. The next closest airport to PDT with scheduled service is ALW. QX is cutting service there, even with higher and higher boardings. QX says they are short on pilots, so they are cutting back on smaller communities.

Chugach

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
pdxav8r wrote:

I did not see that "missing" winglet until you said something! The pax on the E175 had to wait until the CRJ was ready to leave. I guess there is only one baggage tug and only one ramp.

I like all the activity at PDX but I often wonder what is going on at other airports around the state. I have been reading that Boutique Air changed some of their flights to PDT and that Eastern Oregon Regional is looking at adding service from another airline. The next closest airport to PDT with scheduled service is ALW. QX is cutting service there, even with higher and higher boardings. QX says they are short on pilots, so they are cutting back on smaller communities.

PDT and ALW are both about an hour’s drive from PSC.

Good luck to PDT in trying to lure another airline...

Chugach

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:18 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
Chugach wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
How many cities AS has dropped from its PDX hub? I counted DTW, OMA, BLI, PSC, DEN, and FAI.....

PDX-FAI was dropped 4+ years ago, and PDX-DEN hasn’t been flown by AS in close to a decade.

I believe PDX-FAI only operated one season. It was short lived.

Another PDX drop is LGB. RNO was dropped at one time too, but I believe it came back.

PDX-FAI was two seasons...either 2012 and 2013 or 2013 and 2014, can’t remember which. Basically what AS did was take one of the existing SEA-FAI frequencies and move it to PDX. When DL started SEA-FAI, AS moved the frequency back to SEA. I believe the flight actually did ok...mostly connecting traffic, though, but when it came time to defend SEA we know what happened.

I’d love to see it come back on either the E175 or A319, but I think AS has bigger priorities at the moment. FAI is actually a pretty decent year-round market that is less dependent on tourism than most other Alaskan destinations. DL has done well enough there that they upgraded their winter service to mainline last year. Lots of military and higher-ed traffic going in and out of there throughout the year.

seb146

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Chugach wrote:
seb146 wrote:
pdxav8r wrote:

I know. PDT qualifies for EAS. Boutique only flies the PC-12 and only has the one route in Oregon.

IIRC, until 1982, they had service once a day in each direction between PDX and DEN. I think the routing was PDX-PDT-SLC-DEN on a 727-100. I wonder if PDT could do what OTH does and have twice a week service to a major hub like DEN or SEA or even SLC. Probably not.

flyoregon

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 pm

pdxav8r wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The majority of posts I have seen on this thread are about PDX, so I thought I would put this here

87th time is a charm. I had some trouble uploading this pic. I am not good with images....

Cool to see the E175 at OTH!

Chugach

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:13 pm

seb146 wrote:
Chugach wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I know. PDT qualifies for EAS. Boutique only flies the PC-12 and only has the one route in Oregon.

IIRC, until 1982, they had service once a day in each direction between PDX and DEN. I think the routing was PDX-PDT-SLC-DEN on a 727-100. I wonder if PDT could do what OTH does and have twice a week service to a major hub like DEN or SEA or even SLC. Probably not.

Not without incentives, plus there’s the issue of not having TSA there currently. When Penair ramped up in PDX, I was hopeful they would make a run at PDT. Alas, that didn’t happen. Between Umatilla, Union, and Grant Counties there is a little less than 110,000 people spread across a pretty large geography that is mostly agricultural and ranching country; not an ideal frequent flier market, especially with an airport another hour up the road (PSC) that has daily connections to SEA, SLC, DEN, and MSP. Even with EAS, I think its days of commercial service are numbered, and that saddens me. I used to fly in and out of there frequently when AS/QX flew the Q200 in. Realistically commercial service at PDT died with the Q200.

FA9295

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm

seb146 wrote:
Chugach wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I wonder how UA would do if they added PDT-SFO and PDT-DEN. Seems like an interesting endeavor, however currently not really realistic at the moment.

Chugach

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 pm

FA9295 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Chugach wrote:

I wonder how UA would do if they added PDT-SFO and PDT-DEN. Seems like an interesting endeavor, however currently not really realistic at the moment.

Probably very poorly.

lhpdx

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:40 pm

seb146

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

lhpdx wrote:
https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/07/bb7b6a36253702/whats_the_best_airport_in_the.html

I do not like what they have done with the food court. And that Aero Moka went away is even sadder. Does anyone know if Laurel is still there? She was the manager of the Aero Moka in the center of the food court. I did not see her the last time I stopped. I remember when she worked at Coffee People near the Convention Center years and years ago. Now that I say it out loud, it sounds stalker-ish.

m0ssy

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:09 pm

seb146 wrote:

Wonderful share! :wave: I've always thought OTH would be a great place to spot. I visited last year and loved the ledge where spotters could camp out for runway 4 arrivals/departures.

I've wondered a few times if OTH's runway(s) would be long enough to ever theoretically handle 737/A319 service, or if would be more about gate space? Probably not a market for it, just curious.

I have many pictures I've taken at EUG that I wouldn't mind sharing (that wouldn't ever pass filters here), but wasn't sure if this thread is mainly for discussion only.

seb146

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 pm

m0ssy wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Wonderful share! :wave: I've always thought OTH would be a great place to spot. I visited last year and loved the ledge where spotters could camp out for runway 4 arrivals/departures.

I've wondered a few times if OTH's runway(s) would be long enough to ever theoretically handle 737/A319 service, or if would be more about gate space? Probably not a market for it, just curious.

This area is very touristy. I think that is why the daily SFO and twice weekly DEN service. During the winter, there is no DEN service and four times a week to SFO. There is not much action here. We did have a Globemaster land here and his two friends were circling the area. I had heard there was a computer problem on board. They fixed it and went back to McChord. Impressive to see that beast take off. That drew a crowd and even got some coverage in the local newspaper.

The longest runway would be able to support 737/320 and the terminal would too, but the demand is not there.

jbpdx

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm

lhpdx wrote:
https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/07/bb7b6a36253702/whats_the_best_airport_in_the.html

Best Domestic Airport six years in a row. There are a lot of different rankings around but that’s impressive.

FA9295

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:36 am

Just came across this website: http://diverted.eu/

Which is a database of all diverted flights, so I thought I'd post Oregon's diversions so far this year:

January 14, 2018
- UA5541 (SFO-RDM): Diverted to Portland (PDX) - weather (fog/low visibility)
- Aircraft involved: N787SK (Bombardier CRJ-702ER)

January 28, 2018:
- AA2567 (PDX-DFW): Diverted to Denver (DEN) - reason unknown
- Aircraft involved: Registration unknown (Boeing 737-823)

February 17, 2018
- WN3459 (DEN-PDX): Diverted to Las Vegas (LAS) - reason unknown
- Aircraft involved: N713SW (Boeing 737-7H4)

April 6, 2018
- DL178 (PDX-AMS): Diverted to Minneapolis (MSP) - medical emergency
- Aircraft involved: N802NW (Airbus A330-323)
**This was the flight that was discussed on here a few months ago, where the plane ended up flying PDX-MSP-DTW-AMS. It appears as though that was a medical diversion (which is what I figured it was).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382457&p=20308643&hilit=DL178#p20308643

April 28, 2018
- AS2794 (PDX-ABQ): Diverted to Portland (PDX) - smoke on board/in cabin
- Aircraft involved: N630QX (Embraer ERJ-175LR)

May 30, 2018
- DL1156 (PDX-ATL): Diverted to Tulsa (TUL) - unruly passenger
- Aircraft involved: N866DN (Boeing 737-932ER)

They're probably more flights that diverted that aren't listed here, but that's all that I've found in the database so far...

flyoregon

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 am

Has anybody caught a picture of AS 737's at RDM yet?

pdx

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 am

seb146 wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

I do not like what they have done with the food court. And that Aero Moka went away is even sadder. Does anyone know if Laurel is still there? She was the manager of the Aero Moka in the center of the food court. I did not see her the last time I stopped. I remember when she worked at Coffee People near the Convention Center years and years ago. Now that I say it out loud, it sounds stalker-ish.

Yes, the Clocktower Plaza food court is a disaster! I think most passengers eat on the concourses. Now that French bakery
place is gone...Petite Provence? The food court looks horrible! PDX gets a lot of new restaurants, but I guess they don't want
to be located in the plaza. Stanford's and Beaches are very nice and I hope they stay! They just need to ramp-up the food
court. Those food cart restaurants are kind of a joke. Half the time they're closed. I don't get it. MSP has Food Truck Alley.
Maybe they got the idea from PDX, but their vendors are not in the food cart business like ours. But....it looks 100% better!

pdxswa

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Nice to see the AS A321 Neo in full livery here

seb146

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Just came across this website: http://diverted.eu/

Which is a database of all diverted flights, so I thought I'd post Oregon's diversions so far this year:

January 14, 2018
- UA5541 (SFO-RDM): Diverted to Portland (PDX) - weather (fog/low visibility)
- Aircraft involved: N787SK (Bombardier CRJ-702ER)

January 28, 2018:
- AA2567 (PDX-DFW): Diverted to Denver (DEN) - reason unknown
- Aircraft involved: Registration unknown (Boeing 737-823)

February 17, 2018
- WN3459 (DEN-PDX): Diverted to Las Vegas (LAS) - reason unknown
- Aircraft involved: N713SW (Boeing 737-7H4)

April 6, 2018
- DL178 (PDX-AMS): Diverted to Minneapolis (MSP) - medical emergency
- Aircraft involved: N802NW (Airbus A330-323)
**This was the flight that was discussed on here a few months ago, where the plane ended up flying PDX-MSP-DTW-AMS. It appears as though that was a medical diversion (which is what I figured it was).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382457&p=20308643&hilit=DL178#p20308643

April 28, 2018
- AS2794 (PDX-ABQ): Diverted to Portland (PDX) - smoke on board/in cabin
- Aircraft involved: N630QX (Embraer ERJ-175LR)

May 30, 2018

They're probably more flights that diverted that aren't listed here, but that's all that I've found in the database so far...

Interesting.

Why would WN flight DEN-PDX divert to LAS? Isn't that a little far out of the way? I would think it would be closer to divert to SLC or BOI or even GEG.

twincommander

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm

pdx wrote:
seb146 wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

Yes, the Clocktower Plaza food court is a disaster! I think most passengers eat on the concourses. Now that French bakery
place is gone...Petite Provence? The food court looks horrible! PDX gets a lot of new restaurants, but I guess they don't want
to be located in the plaza. Stanford's and Beaches are very nice and I hope they stay! They just need to ramp-up the food
court. Those food cart restaurants are kind of a joke. Half the time they're closed. I don't get it. MSP has Food Truck Alley.
Maybe they got the idea from PDX, but their vendors are not in the food cart business like ours. But....it looks 100% better!

Good riddence to Petite Province. Stopped going there when they stopped selling donuts. Food was awful.

FA9295

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 pm

https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate ... -delays-at

Broken X-Ray machine (likely used for TSA security screening) expected to cause delays at RDM. The article was released yesterday so hopefully everything has been solved/fixed now...

Edit: It looks like the same thing happened at MFR about two weeks ago: http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Downed ... 99621.html

babcock

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 am

pdx wrote:
seb146 wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

Leases are not being renewed in the Clocktower Plaza due to the upcoming reconstruction of the Main Terminal. They're going to gut everything and expand that part of the building as soon as 2020.

jpdx024

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:15 pm

FA9295 wrote:

May 30, 2018

Looks like the passenger who caused the diversion will have to repay Delta.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/disruptive-passenger-forced-reimburse-delta-emergency-landing-044757641--abc-news-topstories.html

jbpdx

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Spot check before departure today PDX-LHR, 3 seats open in main cabin, none in Delta One. 98.6% LF.

FA9295

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 am

jbpdx wrote:
Spot check before departure today PDX-LHR, 3 seats open in main cabin, none in Delta One. 98.6% LF.

Interesting. I've heard that the load factors for that route have been somewhere around 74% on average. But this is mainly due to very limited/terrible connections at LHR. If the high load factors continue overtime, maybe we could see the route go year-round. Although, I would much rather see British Airways try PDX.

RWA380

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:51 am

FA9295 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

Interesting. I've heard that the load factors for that route have been somewhere around 74% on average. But this is mainly due to very limited/terrible connections at LHR. If the high load factors continue overtime, maybe we could see the route go year-round. Although, I would much rather see British Airways try PDX.

This is by far an O/D route vs connection route, I don't think DL/VS can offer anything that DL/KL can't offer better connections via AMS. This route did well last year & if DL gives it a year round effort 5+ days a week, they may capture more of the LHR business market out of PDX. But in order for year round to work, there must be a hub on one end, O/D is too weak in the off months, which is why I too think BA would be a more beneficial carrier to the route.

pdx

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:08 am

babcock wrote:
pdx wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Leases are not being renewed in the Clocktower Plaza due to the upcoming reconstruction of the Main Terminal. They're going to gut everything and expand that part of the building as soon as 2020.

Thanks...I didn't know that. I wonder what we'll end up with and how much of it will be post security? I'm afraid to find out!

pdx

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:19 am

jbpdx wrote:

Funny! I do that all the time! The flights weren't very full in the beginning, but now they are. A few days ago it was 100% booked
PDX-LHR......not one seat open on the map. Saturdays don't seem to be as full. There are never any Comfort + seats, but there
are tomorrow. Even Delta One runs pretty full. When I've checked there are usually only a couple open seats. Upgrading/awards
probably fill some of those seats.

toobz

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 am

The LHR flight is for sure mostly O&D. For connections DL utilizes AMS.

jbpdx

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Delta main ~$3,500 r/t PDX-LHR,
Condor economy ~$1,000 r/t PDX-FRA.

BlatantEcho

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:39 pm

^^^

I do a fair amount of business with UK companies. Importing a lot of their products to Portland via containers. The PDX-LHR flight for me is a great business tool - but I think the reality is that... it’s filled with tourists. Very seasonal tourists.

And I think Delta knows this.
I’m doing business trips, and I’m in the back of the plane, not paying for DeltaOne.
I am sure some corporations are filling up the front a little bit... but less than daily and seasonal... I doubt it’s more than just a bonus for Delta.

I *HOPE* it goes year round (2-3x weekly in winter, 5-6x weekly in summer).
That would be amazing for me.
But, I also realize that it’s likely not a pressing need for Delta to do it.

I think BA would have jumped on it a few years back when they got 787-8s. They know how many of their SEA-LHR pax are actually PDX-SEA-LHR...
And I bet they just didn’t see it working.

DL has older 767s that they can make use of, and it probably pencils in the age of cheap fuel.
We’ll see what happens in 2019....

seb146

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 pm

I did some looking around on the internet and all I saw on the PDX expansion is adding gates to Concourse E and moving WN.

https://katu.com/news/local/pdx-preview ... n-20-years

PDXPOL

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:56 pm

I talked recently with some of the Port folks and they did some numbers for several organizations. LHR is still the number one market under served internationally, if I recall Paris was second. I apologize as I cannot recall the numbers but is was significant that would justify daily flights. They also said the airport can still support additional European flights. He also said they did a proposal to Delta to Start ICN. I truly believe the Port is marketing hard for additional flights, but Delta wants us to go up through Seattle as well the other big guys want us to go through their hubs.

jbpdx

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:37 pm

There have been zero new routes added/announced this year at PDX. The last new route was PDX-MEX, which started last December. With Horizon recovering and Alaska continuing to grow, PDX should come close to/or top 20 million passengers this year. Icelandair operates 4x/week into January this season. They’re also charging and getting higher fares this year.

AMS-PDX-AMS was running up to 3 hours late today.

derek0aa

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:06 am

jbpdx wrote:
There have been zero new routes added/announced this year at PDX. The last new route was PDX-MEX, which started last December. With Horizon recovering and Alaska continuing to grow, PDX should come close to/or top 20 million passengers this year. Icelandair operates 4x/week into January this season. They’re also charging and getting higher fares this year.

Sun Country announced new routes last week.

jbpdx

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 am

derek0aa wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

Those are additional flights on existing routes already served by other airlines, not new service on unserved routes, which is what I meant. Like FLL, BNA etc.

bigfoot0503

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:00 am

I'm still somewhat baffled that we have yet to see anything suggesting a carrier starting PDX to BNA, FLL or even perhaps MSY. I know those are all markets that have generated lots of discussion and with every Southwest schedule release, or whenever I receive an email from Alaska announcing new service I've optimistically looked for one of those cities to be the next non-stop from PDX.

My 2019 wish-list (Domestic):
-BNA
-FLL or MIA
-CVG
-RDU
-IND
-MSY
-SAT
-LAS (on Delta, much like what SJC, SNA and SAN presently have...and no I'm not referring to the one week of service for CES in Jan)

Am I expecting too much from the PoP and the carriers that serve our fine city?

Slug71

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:02 am

Did a quick search and didn't find this mentioned anywhere. But hopefully this bill will pass and bring air service back to LMT.

https://www.klamathfallsnews.org/news/m ... med-forces

I wish they'd build a decent terminal on the opposite side of the runway to the Air Guard Base.
Last edited by Slug71 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbpdx

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 am

JetBlue will be down to one flight a day at PDX on Mon, Tue, Sat this winter as they cut back PDX-JFK to 4x/week, suspend BOS seasonally, and with LGB being cut to once daily. With such a paltry commitment to Portland I think we can rule out JetBlue on PDX-FLL.

derek0aa

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:23 am

jbpdx wrote:
derek0aa wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

Those are additional flights on existing routes already served by other airlines, not new service on unserved routes, which is what I meant. Like FLL, BNA etc.

Ah I get ya. My bad.

FA9295

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 am

In terms of new destinations, I honestly have no faith in Alaska at all here at PDX. With their continuous cut backs and seasonal suspensions on various routes, I hardly think that they'll add any new destinations for quite awhile. If they can't make DTW and STL work at all, then I don't see them ever expanding to other airports further east from there. The only new destinations that I could see coming from Alaska anytime soon would be Embraer E175 routes to SAT and SBP.

It's quite interesting to see Southwest enter into some high-profile Alaska markets with mainline jets, such as BUR and ONT. However, it's kind of disappointing to see that they're not really willing to expand east on PDX routes. BWI is being cut off much earlier this year than it was last year. ABQ, AUS and HOU were recently downgraded to seasonal as well.

In my opinion, the airline that I think has the greatest potential to rise up at PDX, is Delta. With that being said, however, most people on here would disagree with me here, citing that "PDX is way too close to SEA" kind of crap. They have lots of international/long-haul opportunities at PDX, especially with this DL/KE joint-venture in the works, so maybe we'll see a daily flight to ICN without having to cut NRT at the same time. As someone else just pointed out here, I think PDX-LAS on Delta is quite realistic to happen outside of CES in January. Also, with the success that PDX-LHR is having, I would also like to see PDX-CDG operated 3x weekly on the summer days that PDX-LHR does not operate on.
Last edited by FA9295 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

FA9295

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:10 am

bigfoot0503 wrote:
Am I expecting too much from the PoP and the carriers that serve our fine city?

I don't think so. However, before Alaska adds any new destinations to/from PDX, they need to figure out a way to viably make their seasonal markets work out as operating year round, such as ATL, BWI, MKE, OMA, PHL, and TUS, as well as figuring out how to make DTW and STL work. All of those markets that Alaska has as seasonal or have recently cut back on completely, have significantly higher PDEW numbers than unserved cities, such as IND, MSY, and BNA. In terms of new destinations that are currently unserved from PDX, the only thing that I'd expect from Alaska right now would be an E175 to SAT and SBP (as I just mentioned above).

Also, for crying out loud, where's PDX-DEN? If Alaska can make 6x daily A320/B737 SEA-DEN flights work, than they surely can make 3x daily E175 work on PDX-DEN.

PDXPOL

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 am

FA9295 wrote:
In terms of new destinations, I honestly have no faith in Alaska at all here at PDX. With their continuous cut backs and seasonal suspensions on various routes, I hardly think that they'll add any new destinations for quite awhile. If they can't make DTW and STL work at all, then I don't see them ever expanding to other airports further east from there. The only new destinations that I could see coming from Alaska anytime soon would be Embraer E175 routes to SAT and SBP.

It's quite interesting to see Southwest enter into some high-profile Alaska markets with mainline jets, such as BUR and ONT. However, it's kind of disappointing to see that they're not really willing to expand east on PDX routes. BWI is being cut off much earlier this year than it was last year. ABQ, AUS and HOU were recently downgraded to seasonal as well.

In my opinion, the airline that I think has the greatest potential to rise up at PDX, is Delta. With that being said, however, most people on here would disagree with me here, citing that "PDX is way too close to SEA" kind of crap. They have lots of international/long-haul opportunities at PDX, especially with this DL/KE joint-venture in the works, so maybe we'll see a daily flight to ICN without having to cut NRT at the same time. As someone else just pointed out here, I think PDX-LAS on Delta is quite realistic to happen outside of CES in January. Also, with the success that PDX-LHR is having, I would also like to see PDX-CDG operated 3x weekly on the summer days that PDX-LHR does not operate on.

I actually think you are right with the Delta comment. Delta's CEO has said in a recent news release that they will expand more Europe flights and from non hub cities as their joint ventures are finalized this year. As I said in my post, Paris is the number 2 city in Europe behind London underserved at PDX. I believe either DL or Air France will start. Unfortunately I suspect it will be seasonal. I suspect Iceland Air will be the first to become year round after Amsterdam.

babcock

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
I did some looking around on the internet and all I saw on the PDX expansion is adding gates to Concourse E and moving WN.

https://katu.com/news/local/pdx-preview ... n-20-years

New Parking Garage and Rental Car Center Info:
https://popcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/2-Par ... roject.pdf

Terminal Redeveloment
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/ind ... l_mak.html
There was a sketch of what the terminal might look like but it appears to have been removed.

Full list of capital improvements:
https://popcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/5-CAC ... Update.pdf

FA9295

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:14 am

OAG (7/15/2018):

AS PDX-PVR FEB 0.4>0.6
DL DTW-PDX JAN 1.9>1.0
DL PDX-NRT MAR 0.7>0.9

jbpdx

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 am

In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, trump “named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."

If trump keeps it up, he’s on track to kill the transatlantic airline market.

FA9295

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 am

jbpdx wrote:
In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, trump “named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."

If trump keeps it up, he’s on track to kill the transatlantic airline market.

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried about that. As long as the airlines can fill up those first class seats from their business customers, most TATL routes should survive the next few years.

FA9295

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 am

MCO-PDX for Tuesday, 7/17:

Sun Country: 52/168 seats sold (31.0% LF)
Alaska: 125/159 seats sold (78.6% LF)

Shocking. Sun Country is very well-known for selling the majority of their seats at the very last minute, but still, the difference here is quite sad.

PDX757

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Slug71 wrote:
Did a quick search and didn't find this mentioned anywhere. But hopefully this bill will pass and bring air service back to LMT.

I wish they'd build a decent terminal on the opposite side of the runway to the Air Guard Base.

I’d be interested to see what carriers may serve LMT, whether this passes or not. I’d imagine if UA were going to send a CR2 from SFO, they would have done it already.
QX pilot shortage has really done a number on service to smaller PNW cities, this of course coming after the right sized Q200s left the fleet.

Slug71

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:54 pm

PDX757 wrote:
Slug71 wrote:

I’d be interested to see what carriers may serve LMT, whether this passes or not. I’d imagine if UA were going to send a CR2 from SFO, they would have done it already.
QX pilot shortage has really done a number on service to smaller PNW cities, this of course coming after the right sized Q200s left the fleet.

Last I read something, they were trying to get Skywest back again.

https://www.klamathfallsnews.org/news/s ... format=amp

https://www.heraldandnews.com/members/f ... b96df.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos