Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf789
Topic Author

Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:34 am

Welcome to the 2018 edition of the Oregon Aviation thread. Please add your comments below

Link to 2017 thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1352637&start=700

FA9295

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Re-adding this since the 2017 thread was just locked:

Air Canada had PDX-YYZ listed as year-round for a few months or so, but it was recently pulled back to seasonal (ending in October). I wonder what's keeping them from running this route year-round, granted that they already have a daily YYZ-SEA flight (2x daily during peak season times) which are already intact...

jbpdx

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

United suspends PDX-IAD next week, after earlier in the year indicating it would go year round. It resumes on 9 March.

Of all the seasonal cutbacks at PDX this seems the most egregious. Fares are higher, and if you can’t get on Alaska’s lone nonstop to DCA, your only option is a 6.5-hour eastbound/7.5-hour westbound or longer connecting itinerary. Lots of ☹️ on Skyscanner.

No PDX-BWI nonstops until June when Alaska joins Southwest on the for-now seasonal route.

nmraja

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 am

Since there's no word about any possibility of a PDX-CDG flight in the near future, let me ask this question. Is there any chance of extending the seasonal PDX-LHR service beyond October this year or a possible increase in frequency in summer time?

FA9295

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:49 am

nmraja wrote:
Since there's no word about any possibility of a PDX-CDG flight in the near future, let me ask this question. Is there any chance of extending the seasonal PDX-LHR service beyond October this year or a possible increase in frequency in summer time?

I doubt it. I would think that DL would announce a summer seasonal PDX-CDG flight rather than increase the frequency of another route. (More destinations/options for travelers, w/o having to increase flight frequencies). I imagine that it would probably look something like this.

PDX-CDG / CDG-PDX: Boeing 767-300ER (summer seasonal - 4x weekly)

Anyhow, I would like for BA to come to PDX. I think they could make a daily (year-round) flight work with a Boeing 787-8 or -9...

jbpdx

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 am

If anyone adds PDX-CDG, it will be Norwegian. Doubtful about BA; OneWorld will likely focus on Asia from Portland.

nmraja

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:28 am

FA9295 wrote:

I doubt it. I would think that DL would announce a summer seasonal PDX-CDG flight rather than increase the frequency of another route. (More destinations/options for travelers, w/o having to increase flight frequencies). I imagine that it would probably look something like this.

PDX-CDG / CDG-PDX: Boeing 767-300ER (summer seasonal - 4x weekly)

If there's no improvement in LHR/AMS frequency, then a 4x weekly PDX-CDG will be awesome, with at least 3 of those days should be the off days in the PDX-LHR-PDX segment.

Regarding BA, I don't know how much BA will be interested in it considering the fact that DL has 4x weekly already. I will be happy if they do introduce one.

bigfoot0503

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

I think the more aptly suited air carrier to begin PDX-CDG is the new Air France low cost carrier Joon. It makes a bit of sense in that Joon is still associated with Sky Team and thus retains the continuity of international service levels that Delta has slowly built upon at PDX with AMS, NRT, LHR and the recent Sky Team partner add of PDX-Mexico City through Aeromexico. I don't know much about Joon but they seem to be marketing themselves as a "hip, casual and relaxed carrier" which might just appeal to the unique "Pacific Northwest Vibe" and those that live here in the greater Portland metropolitan area.

jsta1981

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:06 pm

FA9295 wrote:

Air Canada had PDX-YYZ listed as year-round for a few months or so, but it was recently pulled back to seasonal (ending in October). I wonder what's keeping them from running this route year-round, granted that they already have a daily YYZ-SEA flight (2x daily during peak season times) which are already intact...

Pdx isn't a strong enough market in the non summer months to maintain year around to Toronto. Also not enough business traffic between the 2 cities. Seattle has the business traffic to sustain year around and nearly double the population in its metro region. Hope this is helpful!

jbpdx

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 am

jsta1981 wrote:

Seattle has the business traffic to sustain year around and nearly double the population in its metro region. Hope this is helpful!

Seattle is not twice as big as Portland: metro Seattle-Tacoma 4.7 million, metro Portland 3.2 million.

BlatantEcho

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 am

^^** Let’s not do this again.

For various reasons SeaTac has 2x the traffic of pdx generally. Alaska has said it and it’s easy to imagine.

Let’s move on. Portland is a better city anyway :):):)

Seriously, need year doing lhr or cdg and icn and we are SET!

jsta1981

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
^^** Let’s not do this again.

For various reasons SeaTac has 2x the traffic of pdx generally. Alaska has said it and it’s easy to imagine.

Let’s move on. Portland is a better city anyway :):):)

Seriously, need year doing lhr or cdg and icn and we are SET!

lol...why do people continue to compare Seattle and Portland.....apples to oranges!! Seattle has Sooooo much more money and business traffic then Portland does, and over double the amount of people flying through Seattle in Seattle compared to Portland. That's why it can sustain year round nonstop flights to Toronto and Portland can't. Portland is a way better city though....I AGREE!

pdxav8r

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 am

FA9295 wrote:

You can get most anywhere in Canada via YVR and YYC on AC, and the YYZ flights are predominantly for EUR connections. With Icelandair extending their seasons year over year (even Condor to a lesser extent), the low season is pretty well covered.

pdxav8r

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 am

Has Volaris gone daily to try to fight off Aeromexico? Looks lately that they have been daily, or close to daily. Seasonal adjustment?

RWA380

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 am

pdxav8r wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

You can get most anywhere in Canada via YVR and YYC on AC, and the YYZ flights are predominantly for EUR connections. With Icelandair extending their seasons year over year (even Condor to a lesser extent), the low season is pretty well covered.

This is exactly it. When AC first came to PDX, 1990 IIRC, via Air BC from YVR on the Dash-8's, I went to an Air Canada presentation, as I was a travel agent at the time. The Air Canada rep told all ten of us that attended, that AC had plans of connecting PDX to YYZ in the long term, but had to cultivate the market before the powers that be would approve such a route. Me & My friend each got free passes anywhere Air BC flew at the time, that's another fun story, including my one & only Bae-146 flight.

The number one reason, that came up over & over, that AC connected west coast cities to YYZ for European connections & it was hoped back then, that AC would end up being a sizeable player in the Portland to Europe market.

Again when AC finally announced the route PDX-YYZ, I went to a breakfast presentation & Europe was the big topic, of course Toronto & Ontario tourism was there, but Europe bulk fares were handed out & it was announced it would be seasonable, but AC expected the flight to survive year round shortly.

Here we are 25 years later & PDX has FI, DE & DL non-stops to Europe & AC is still trying to capture seasonal traffic to Europe & hopefully enough traffic to keep the route on a year around basis.

twincommander

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:09 pm

pdxav8r wrote:
Has Volaris gone daily to try to fight off Aeromexico? Looks lately that they have been daily, or close to daily. Seasonal adjustment?

Seasonal. Ends tonight.

FA9295

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:20 pm

twincommander wrote:
pdxav8r wrote:

Seasonal. Ends tonight.

No. Volaris is currently serving PDX-GDL year-round (4x weekly) on the Airbus A320.

ooslc

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:29 pm

FA9295 wrote:
twincommander wrote:
pdxav8r wrote:

Seasonal. Ends tonight.

No. Volaris is currently serving PDX-GDL year-round (4x weekly) on the Airbus A320.

I think he/she meant the daily flight ends tonight. It goes back to 4x week afterwards. So yeah it's just a seasonal thing upgrading it to daily.

kunta67

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Does anyone know the status of UA leasing a hangar to do A checks? Also I saw something on another thread about HAL setting up a maintenance shop for 321 NEO's here as well, would they be able to lease a hangar?

jbpdx

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 am

RWA380 wrote:

Here we are 25 years later & PDX has FI, DE & DL non-stops to Europe & AC is still trying to capture seasonal traffic to Europe & hopefully enough traffic to keep the route on a year around basis.

If Air Canada can’t make the route work year round with an E190, the problem lies with them. Like several other airlines, they prefer to route Portland passengers through their hubs.

jsta1981

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 am

jbpdx wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

If Air Canada can’t make the route work year round with an E190, the problem lies with them. Like several other airlines, they prefer to route Portland passengers through their hubs.

Toronto is one of their hubs and it still can't work in the winter. The problem with Toronto is there isn't enough business traffic to fill the expensive seats during the winter months. Portland tends to be a very seasonal city, thats why their passenger numbers nearly double in the summer compared to winter months. There are actually a number of major east coast airports that lose daily nonstop service to Portland in the winter, not unlike Toronto, such as Philadelphia, Dulles, Detroit, Baltimore. Portland isn't a strong enough business market to make those airports work in the winter, especially when you have huge business markets an easy connection away such as Seattle or San Francisco. Portland will continue to grow and hopefully we'll see year around non stop flights to these markets, but for now it's very very well served for a market it's size.

FA9295

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:24 am

jbpdx wrote:
If anyone adds PDX-CDG, it will be Norwegian. Doubtful about BA; OneWorld will likely focus on Asia from Portland.

I doubt that a long-haul low cost carrier (such as Norwegian or Joon) would invest in the PDX market anytime soon. People from PDX would drive to SEA in order to catch a [much] cheaper flight, and the business market in SEA would also even out the potential pax #'s for those flights. Although, typically low-cost carriers attract O&D passengers who are vacationing and legacy carriers attract business markets.

Also in order for OneWorld to focus on Asia from PDX, AA would have to at the very least, make PDX a focus city for them in order to serve connecting passengers on these flights, which is not going to happen at all. Period.

With that said though, I wouldn't mind seeing long-haul OneWorld carriers like CX, BA and QF at PDX (not like it'll happen anytime soon if even at all, but never say never)...

jbpdx

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:30 am

01:25 It’s warmer now in Portland (40F) than it is in Orlando (37F)

twincommander

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 pm

ooslc wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
twincommander wrote:

Seasonal. Ends tonight.

I think he/she meant the daily flight ends tonight. It goes back to 4x week afterwards. So yeah it's just a seasonal thing upgrading it to daily.

Correct. Was speed replying and didnt think about context.

PavlovsDog

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:22 pm

RWA380 wrote:
pdxav8r wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

This is exactly it. When AC first came to PDX, 1990 IIRC, via Air BC from YVR on the Dash-8's, I went to an Air Canada presentation, as I was a travel agent at the time. The Air Canada rep told all ten of us that attended, that AC had plans of connecting PDX to YYZ in the long term, but had to cultivate the market before the powers that be would approve such a route. Me & My friend each got free passes anywhere Air BC flew at the time, that's another fun story, including my one & only Bae-146 flight.

The number one reason, that came up over & over, that AC connected west coast cities to YYZ for European connections & it was hoped back then, that AC would end up being a sizeable player in the Portland to Europe market.

Again when AC finally announced the route PDX-YYZ, I went to a breakfast presentation & Europe was the big topic, of course Toronto & Ontario tourism was there, but Europe bulk fares were handed out & it was announced it would be seasonable, but AC expected the flight to survive year round shortly.

Thanks for the detailed insight. Very interesting.

I've always thought Calgary would make a fantastic hub for Air Canada both to Europe from the West Coast and to Asia from the East Coast. A small Calgary hub to Europe could have flights to the various airports of the LA Basin and Bay Area (I imagine a lot of people would love to not have to drive to LAX or SFO) and feature evening departures and arrivals from the West Coast. Most flights now are mid-day departures meaning you lose most of the day on the N.Am side and are jet-lagged and in bad shape to do business (or check into a hotel) when you arrive in the early morning. I'd much rather arrive in Europe in the afternoon. I'd also like to not have to get up early in the morning in Europe to connect somewhere to get to Portland.

RWA380

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Here's the OAG goods:

UA IAH-PDX MAY 3>2
UA SFO-PDX MAY 8>7

jbpdx

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 pm

RWA380 wrote:
Here's the OAG goods:

UA IAH-PDX MAY 3>2
UA SFO-PDX MAY 8>7

WN PDX-HOU starts 8 April but still only runs for 4 months. They can’t make that work year round with the limited competition?

jplatts

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm

jbpdx wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
Here's the OAG goods:

UA IAH-PDX MAY 3>2
UA SFO-PDX MAY 8>7

WN PDX-HOU starts 8 April but still only runs for 4 months. They can’t make that work year round with the limited competition?

Southwest currently has an airplane shortage, but Southwest will be receiving more Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes this year. Southwest could extend HOU-PDX nonstop service to year-round as there is travel to PDX from HOU and vice versa during the off-season when Southwest does not operate PDX-HOU nonstop service, since there is demand for PDX-HOU nonstop service during most of the year (and not just during the 4-month seasonal period when Southwest operates PDX-HOU nonstop service), and since Southwest can connect passengers to MSY, BHM, Florida destinations, and international destinations in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean from PDX through HOU when it operates PDX-HOU nonstop service.

jetmatt777

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm not a big follower of the PDX market, but it is one that interests me since I lived there for a year and I like to follow what Alaska Air is doing.

Here are the top markets out of PDX that average more than 75 passengers per day (round trip).

Bold are served by Alaska, underlined are served by carriers other than Alaska. Regular font are not served non-stop at all.

Here are the unserved markets out of PDX, that Alaska does not serve on a map, with a generally accepted 1600nm max usable range for the E175.

pdxav8r

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
I'm not a big follower of the PDX market, but it is one that interests me since I lived there for a year and I like to follow what Alaska Air is doing.

Here are the top markets out of PDX that average more than 75 passengers per day (round trip).

Bold are served by Alaska, underlined are served by carriers other than Alaska. Regular font are not served non-stop at all.

Here are the unserved markets out of PDX, that Alaska does not serve on a map, with a generally accepted 1600nm max usable range for the E175.

Interesting, thanks for your work.

jbpdx

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 am

Has a single new route been announced yet for 2018 at PDX?

nmraja

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am

jetmatt777 wrote:

Nice info. It looks like MSY, MIA, BNA and TPA have good number for AS 737s. With lot of international connections from MIA, I am surprised MIA is not served with a direct flight from PDX, though we may have had one in the past. I vaguely remember an AS flight during 2007 or so.

FA9295

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:05 pm

jbpdx wrote:

Not that I know of...

FA9295

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm

nmraja wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Nice info. It looks like MSY, MIA, BNA and TPA have good number for AS 737s. With lot of international connections from MIA, I am surprised MIA is not served with a direct flight from PDX, though we may have had one in the past. I vaguely remember an AS flight during 2007 or so.

If a PDX-MIA route were to be started, then AA would be the one to do it, not AS.

RWA380

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 pm

FA9295 wrote:
nmraja wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

If a PDX-MIA route were to be started, then AA would be the one to do it, not AS.

I fully agree, AS will serve FLL from PDX in the future, IMHO. Several people think NK or B6 would pick up the route, but the predominance of a route like this is about Northwesterners heading to Florida, not the other way around, which is why I think AS will add it. BTW, PDX has never had scheduled n/s flights to Southern Florida, Orlando is as far as it's gone.

FA9295

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:48 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:

Curious, but where did you find this information?

jbpdx

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 am

I think AA to MIA is much less likely now with the nonstop to Mexico City, which provides South America connections. JetBlue has lots of connections from FLL to the Caribbean, Alaska doesn’t.

BoeingGuy

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

jbpdx wrote:
I think AA to MIA is much less likely now with the nonstop to Mexico City, which provides South America connections. JetBlue has lots of connections from FLL to the Caribbean, Alaska doesn’t.

So AA isn’t going to possibly jump in the market because AM can make South America connections with its new flight to MEX? That’s sure nice of AA to be looking out for its competitors like that.

lhpdx

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:42 pm

jbpdx wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....All across the board it almost seems like PDX air service is definitely on the decrease in 2018..............

jbpdx

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 pm

lhpdx wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....All across the board it almost seems like PDX air service is definitely on the decrease in 2018..............

Appears to be stalling. Not even any news about seasonals going year round. I wonder how much airlines are depending on subsidies to launch routes. For a major airport with 19 million annual passengers, PDX seems to be getting the snub. Or airlines assume that if it’s new to/from Portland, it must be Alaska. People around the country have this misconception.

PDX also must be setting the record for having the fewest ULCC flights: currently just 1 daily each from F9 and NK, and nothing from Allegiant.

RWA380

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 pm

jbpdx wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

Appears to be stalling. Not even any news about seasonals going year round. I wonder how much airlines are depending on subsidies to launch routes. For a major airport with 19 million annual passengers, PDX seems to be getting the snub. Or airlines assume that if it’s new to/from Portland, it must be Alaska. People around the country have this misconception.

PDX also must be setting the record for having the fewest ULCC flights: currently just 1 daily each from F9 and NK, and nothing from Allegiant.
jbpdx wrote:

If a new route is added to PDX, the law of averages means it's likely to be AS, which is the way it's been here for decades. Indeed we have been favored with many air carriers here including FI & DE.

Also Portlanders do not travel to the Caribbean too often, in comparison to Hawaii & Mexico. The flights are usually red-eyes with an afternoon arrival the next day, long flight times & double connections have been it for the most part of the 80's & 90's, now you can reach main places like STT with on connection in ATL & several other places, but I still doubt it's very many people.

In addition, there are several people here that own condos in the South Florida area & do vacation there regularly, with plans of retirement. Again, not as many as Hawaii, but I know 3 people that do, I am sure there are more.

When I worked in travel, our company was the west coast representative for Windjammer cruises, we couldn't sell them in California, let alone Oregon & Washington, it was a huge loss for our company to have taken on such a roll, every project we took on before in our sales department had at least made something, we had good sales people, there were just too few people interested in going there. It was 25 years ago & I'm sure some things change, but if the Caribbean was any destination from PDX, AA would have been on PDX-MIA a long while back, as it was a topic for AA years ago.

I agree PDX hasn't shown much love for ULCC's NK has tried DFW, ORD, LAX, SAN, LAS & now DTW, right now NK is just flying PDX-LAS. The timing of the one daily F9 to DEN doesn't offer much of their system in one day, but currently you can fly for $65.00 r/t to DEN. UA is about $20-25 more each way. I guess

MatthewDB

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 am

nmraja wrote:

Is there a firm announcement on the 2018 plans for that route? I went to London in November; the PDX-AMS route was rather lightly filled (second time I've seen that) and the AMS-LHR was over-booked. Not having that second leg after a long flight sure would be nice.

PDXPOL

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 am

MatthewDB wrote:
nmraja wrote:

Is there a firm announcement on the 2018 plans for that route? I went to London in November; the PDX-AMS route was rather lightly filled (second time I've seen that) and the AMS-LHR was over-booked. Not having that second leg after a long flight sure would be nice.

I believe it will after this next summer season. From my understanding Delta had extended the seasonal flight, to start this March instead of May. But that was cancelled due to Virgin Atlantic 787 engine problems. I read some time ago in another thread that the PDX to LHR flight was changed back to May so the aircraft could be used on the East coast, to fill a Virgin flight slot. I can't remember exactly what city and rout. It may be Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, or in that area.

BlatantEcho

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 am

I think PDX is just seeing a maturation of service.

We got a lot of new stuff the last few year, so it can take time to digest and stabilize for Airlines.

I’m going to book the pdx-lhr flight for the first time for a trip to the UK in May. Really happy to have that, even if seasonal for now

PDXPOL

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
I think PDX is just seeing a maturation of service.

We got a lot of new stuff the last few year, so it can take time to digest and stabilize for Airlines.

I’m going to book the pdx-lhr flight for the first time for a trip to the UK in May. Really happy to have that, even if seasonal for now

I flew that flight this last August. It was a great flight and I thought great arrival time in LHR. We had to remote gate and park, everything was full but it was a minor inconvenience. My only complaint would be the inflight dinner. The food out of PDX was horrible, both mine and my wife's. We returned DL via CDG thru SLC. The food options from Paris were 100 percent better. Sometimes I wish Gate Gourmet was still around in PDX to offer some competition.

nmraja

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 am

PDXPOL wrote:
I believe it will after this next summer season. From my understanding Delta had extended the seasonal flight, to start this March instead of May. But that was cancelled due to Virgin Atlantic 787 engine problems. I read some time ago in another thread that the PDX to LHR flight was changed back to May so the aircraft could be used on the East coast, to fill a Virgin flight slot. I can't remember exactly what city and rout. It may be Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, or in that area.

This is the 1st time I hearing it, but not saying it's wrong. Virgin started it's Seattle service from March '17 though. I will be happy to see the PDX-LHR route flourish to become an year round service like AMS.

jbpdx

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:16 am

On Monday Cathay Pacific Cargo’s 748 scheduled for LAX-ANC-HKG diverted to Portland then headed nonstop (14 hrs) to Hong Kong bypassing Anchorage. (FlightView)

jbpdx

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 am

Comparing schedules, fares
PDX/SEA to WAS for 19 Jan:

SEA 7 nonstops (3 IAD, 2 DCA, 2 BWI)
PDX 1 nonstop (DCA)

Lowest nonstop one-way fare booked today:

SEA-IAD. $174
PDX-DCA. $389

Or for $106 from Portland you can take Frontier, 19 hours with a 13-hour layover in Denver.

(Skyscanner)

MatthewDB

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:13 am

jbpdx wrote:
On Monday Cathay Pacific Cargo’s 748 scheduled for LAX-ANC-HKG diverted to Portland then headed nonstop (14 hrs) to Hong Kong bypassing Anchorage. (FlightView)

They were 2 aircraft behind me on the taxiway when they departed, and I wondered what they were doing there. I figured either a cargo charter or a diversion.

RWA380

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Here's this weeks Oregon OAG changes:

AS PDX-BOS JUN 1.0>1.9 JUL 1.0>2 AUG 1.2>2
AS PDX-MKE JUN 0.9>0.6

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos