User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 am

csweet wrote:
Please do explain

Don't really care enough to, to be honest... it was however amusing to note the (obvious) ignorance, clumsily masked by confidence, in that statement.


NolaMD88fan wrote:
Good to see that the covered area is being extended out over the roadway around the main pick-up area.

Not really an extension though, that was always part of the design.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:43 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Nice shot of the arrivals area at the new terminal. Good to see that the covered area is being extended out over the roadway around the main pick-up area.

Image

Im glad to see arrivals has this .. i think this has always been in the plan but still confused why departures doesnt have something over part of the roadway at least... the press release about enlarging roadside was worded in a way to make it sound like they were just extending the areas next to the road drop off that are covered but not actually extending to cover over the roadway or even part of it .. which seems a mistake to me considering its covered over currently.. maybe someone can better qualify but the current renderings seems to indicate no part of the roadway itself will actually be sheltered from the elements when it comes to drop offs for departures




BTW does anyone think this airport was never going to make February 2019 and the sewer line issue was just an excuse for the overall delay?
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:

BTW does anyone think this airport was never going to make February 2019 and the sewer line issue was just an excuse for the overall delay?


That's an interesting question. There have been a ton of change orders - well over dozen, not counting the first major expansion of square footage and the addition of the A concourse. I'm sure the construction team and board were in discussions long before the announcement of the delay occurred. The bigger question to me though is how much the AV board is on the hook for the settlement issues. That seems to me to be something that the at-risk team would be responsible for, not the airport, but it seems that airport and FAA funds are paying for it. A bit of fuzzy math going on with some money paying for extra amenities like more overhang (which should have been included from the beginning), concessions and airline build-outs, which in a roundabout way probably also helps to cover construction issues.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 pm

msycajun wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

BTW does anyone think this airport was never going to make February 2019 and the sewer line issue was just an excuse for the overall delay?


That's an interesting question. There have been a ton of change orders - well over dozen, not counting the first major expansion of square footage and the addition of the A concourse. I'm sure the construction team and board were in discussions long before the announcement of the delay occurred. The bigger question to me though is how much the AV board is on the hook for the settlement issues. That seems to me to be something that the at-risk team would be responsible for, not the airport, but it seems that airport and FAA funds are paying for it. A bit of fuzzy math going on with some money paying for extra amenities like more overhang (which should have been included from the beginning), concessions and airline build-outs, which in a roundabout way probably also helps to cover construction issues.



Im just looking at the rate of progress and its clear to me from what i can tell in these photos that the feb 2019 is tough ... especially considering access roads are not near ready yet and the tenant spaces need to be handed over at least 90 days before opening
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:12 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
Im just looking at the rate of progress and its clear to me from what i can tell in these photos that the feb 2019 is tough ... especially considering access roads are not near ready yet and the tenant spaces need to be handed over at least 90 days before opening


Well access roads, especially the state funded ones, are another story - that may be the reason the airport was very willing to push back the opening date. I'm sure they slowed down the interior work once the delay was known, but I think they could have made that deadline.

Another thing is obligations to the concessions and parking operators. The board already approved a settlement with the parking company, presumably over the delay. I hope that is not significantly adding to the project's cost.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Those recent interior photos tell me that there’s still a long way to go. As far as I know, vendor build outs should have started over the summer but haven’t started yet. They are just finishing up sheet rock in places. May is going to be pushing it, in my very humble opinion.
Spread hope like fire.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
Those recent interior photos tell me that there’s still a long way to go. As far as I know, vendor build outs should have started over the summer but haven’t started yet. They are just finishing up sheet rock in places. May is going to be pushing it, in my very humble opinion.


thats my concern which is probably why condor wont start flights until june this year.. i think everything points to the place just being behind and that sewer issue was a scapegoat.. regardless its most important to get the place done right so whats a few more months lol
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 am

Not really aviation related, but I figured readers here might be interested in this. It sounds a bit fishy to me, but even if it delivers a tenth of the 100k jobs mentioned, that would be a big impact. The firms involved do a lot of international work, so it theoretically could drive traffic at MSY, being about two hours aways.
"St. Landry developers promise billions of dollars, 100k jobs; officials say details lacking"
https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/business/article_7c32e4e0-dc65-11e8-8f4b-ff4f67901f2d.html
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 am

msycajun wrote:
Not really aviation related, but I figured readers here might be interested in this. It sounds a bit fishy to me, but even if it delivers a tenth of the 100k jobs mentioned, that would be a big impact. The firms involved do a lot of international work, so it theoretically could drive traffic at MSY, being about two hours aways.
"St. Landry developers promise billions of dollars, 100k jobs; officials say details lacking"
https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/business/article_7c32e4e0-dc65-11e8-8f4b-ff4f67901f2d.html



Def sounds sketchy, upgrade the city’s currently closed jail? Huh what a weird thing to mention
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:16 am

msycajun wrote:
Not really aviation related, but I figured readers here might be interested in this. It sounds a bit fishy to me, but even if it delivers a tenth of the 100k jobs mentioned, that would be a big impact.

Before anyone gets all too excited on this, consider their regulators' own words:
". . .but specific details about the project and how it would be financed are lacking. They say they have seen no plans on paper or related documents."



msycajun wrote:
The firms involved do a lot of international work, so it theoretically could drive traffic at MSY, being about two hours aways.

Why bother, when LFT is right there, and both BTR and AEX are an hour closer?
...all of which have easy 1stop cnnx to most major cities in the world, via ATL/DFW/IAH
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:09 am

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Not really aviation related, but I figured readers here might be interested in this. It sounds a bit fishy to me, but even if it delivers a tenth of the 100k jobs mentioned, that would be a big impact.

Before anyone gets all too excited on this, consider their regulators' own words:
". . .but specific details about the project and how it would be financed are lacking. They say they have seen no plans on paper or related documents."



msycajun wrote:
The firms involved do a lot of international work, so it theoretically could drive traffic at MSY, being about two hours aways.

Why bother, when LFT is right there, and both BTR and AEX are an hour closer?
...all of which have easy 1stop cnnx to most major cities in the world, via ATL/DFW/IAH


Most people from the area already use MSY (sometimes IAH). People will drive to avoid the connection, but fares are usually lower as well compared to LFT/BTR/AEX.
I noticed one of the firms does a lot of business in Africa, so a CDG-MSY flight would make a lot of two-stop itineraries one-stop...one can dream.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 am

msycajun wrote:
Most people from the area already use MSY (sometimes IAH). People will drive to avoid the connection

Well yeah, if your destination is LHR, FRA, YYZ, PTY, etc.

Anywhere else, MSY isn't going to really save you a cnnx, unless you're going to some obscure Euro-city that BA serves but DL/UA doesn't-- of which sadly, there aren't too many that would be relevant to Louisiana.

Really wish it could get LH or an AMS/CDG nonstop someday soon. The amount of new secondary and tertiary 1stop options would be so much higher!


msycajun wrote:
I noticed one of the firms does a lot of business in Africa, so a CDG-MSY flight would make a lot of two-stop itineraries one-stop...one can dream.

Exactly.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:13 am

That whole project sounds about as likely as Gumbo Air taking flight.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:54 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
That whole project sounds about as likely as Gumbo Air taking flight.



yeah even if it does on the off chance materialize.. cargo flight operations dont realyl mean much passenger wise. only benefit to new orleans would be that that many more people living within two hours would most certainly add to the people using our airport. otherwise your just looking at an airport in lafayette similar to louisvilles and ups
 
csweet
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Most people from the area already use MSY (sometimes IAH). People will drive to avoid the connection

Well yeah, if your destination is LHR, FRA, YYZ, PTY, etc.

Anywhere else, MSY isn't going to really save you a cnnx, unless you're going to some obscure Euro-city that BA serves but DL/UA doesn't-- of which sadly, there aren't too many that would be relevant to Louisiana.

Really wish it could get LH or an AMS/CDG nonstop someday soon. The amount of new secondary and tertiary 1stop options would be so much higher!


msycajun wrote:
I noticed one of the firms does a lot of business in Africa, so a CDG-MSY flight would make a lot of two-stop itineraries one-stop...one can dream.

Exactly.


You post some wild stuff
 
mutu
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:51 pm

CAA September 2018 passenger data just out. City pairs LHR/MSY passengers carried 6,661 compared to 5,805 for same month 2017, growth of 15%. Most respectable performance.
Also of interest LHR/BNA passengers carried 7,491 on a 4x weekly schedule
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:38 pm

That equates to a 74% load factor for MSY which is comparable to last September when the flight was only 4x weekly. September is typically one of the slower travel months at MSY, so not bad numbers at all.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:36 pm

BA LHR-MSY has been extremely full in October. Many flights completely sold out. I’d expect that respectable number from September to go up quite a bit.
Spread hope like fire.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
That equates to a 74% load factor for MSY which is comparable to last September when the flight was only 4x weekly. September is typically one of the slower travel months at MSY, so not bad numbers at all.

That assumes 100% completion, right? Weren’t there some 787 related cancellations? Or was that just August?
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:52 pm

That was only in August. Full schedule was flown in September.

Also, wasn't BNA still 5x weekly in September? Seems early to be starting the 4x weekly winter schedule.
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:40 pm

I found the schedule, and the BNA flight was indeed 5x weekly in September. https://info.flightmapper.net/flight/British_Airways_BA_222?date=2018-9-3. The Monday flight ended on 10/22. BNA had a 79.5% load factor in September. Both flights did well during a slower travel period.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:29 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
BA LHR-MSY has been extremely full in October. Many flights completely sold out.

Noticed that.

Heck, this week's flights have been 789, and the F+J seats were sold out for both quite a bit in advance.



csweet wrote:
You post some wild stuff

If you have anything in particular that you wish to refute, be my guest...
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:50 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
BA LHR-MSY has been extremely full in October. Many flights completely sold out.

Noticed that.

Heck, this week's flights have been 789, and the F+J seats were sold out for both quite a bit in advance.



csweet wrote:
You post some wild stuff

If you have anything in particular that you wish to refute, be my guest...


When the 789 comes in, it's still sold as 3-class, so the F seats still get the C class service. I guess they give those to the uber elite platinum titanium uranium elite flyers.
Spread hope like fire.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
When the 789 comes in, it's still sold as 3-class, so the F seats still get the C class service. I guess they give those to the uber elite platinum titanium uranium elite flyers.

Both are the case.

Hard product is (obviously) F, soft product is C, seats tend to be given to full fare C/J pax then highest Elites, in that order.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
msyflyer
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
When the 789 comes in, it's still sold as 3-class, so the F seats still get the C class service. I guess they give those to the uber elite platinum titanium uranium elite flyers.

Both are the case.

Hard product is (obviously) F, soft product is C, seats tend to be given to full fare C/J pax then highest Elites, in that order.


I've been on the 789 and they won't even put people in the F seats. The two times I have taken the 789 the F seats were left empty and the FA said it's because they do not have F service on this route. Unless things have changed, that's what it was for me.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:08 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
When the 789 comes in, it's still sold as 3-class, so the F seats still get the C class service. I guess they give those to the uber elite platinum titanium uranium elite flyers.

Both are the case.

Hard product is (obviously) F, soft product is C, seats tend to be given to full fare C/J pax then highest Elites, in that order.


I've been on the 789 and they won't even put people in the F seats. The two times I have taken the 789 the F seats were left empty and the FA said it's because they do not have F service on this route. Unless things have changed, that's what it was for me.

Not sure what was up with that particular segment, but they're definitely putting people in the F seats even on the flights sold as 3class.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:17 pm

In actuality the seat map could show as "occupied" but they are simply "blocked".
Spread hope like fire.
 
mutu
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:18 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Both are the case.

Hard product is (obviously) F, soft product is C, seats tend to be given to full fare C/J pax then highest Elites, in that order.


I've been on the 789 and they won't even put people in the F seats. The two times I have taken the 789 the F seats were left empty and the FA said it's because they do not have F service on this route. Unless things have changed, that's what it was for me.

Not sure what was up with that particular segment, but they're definitely putting people in the F seats even on the flights sold as 3class.


Yes they do BUT generally (some exceptions) only if J is full and oversold/W oversold, in which case it is opened up but with J service. So everyone is sort of right!!
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Image
 
mia
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 pm

So the west loop is arrivals and the east loop is departures?
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:02 pm

The west loop is departures and the east loop is arrivals.

Right now at the current terminal, the entire terminal roadway is one huge traffic jam nearly every night now thanks to the sheer volume of passengers arriving and departing. It's caused flight crews to run late and passengers to miss flights.
Spread hope like fire.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Why not just build an overpass for the cars leaving the airport from the arrivals side? That traffic circle looks like it could cause problems. Us Americans are generally poor roundabout drivers or at least that is what I remember from National Lampoon's European Vacation.
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:36 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Why not just build an overpass for the cars leaving the airport from the arrivals side? That traffic circle looks like it could cause problems. Us Americans are generally poor roundabout drivers or at least that is what I remember from National Lampoon's European Vacation.


Traffic circles are becoming pretty common here in Louisiana. It shouldn't be an issue.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:08 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Why not just build an overpass for the cars leaving the airport from the arrivals side? That traffic circle looks like it could cause problems. Us Americans are generally poor roundabout drivers or at least that is what I remember from National Lampoon's European Vacation.


Traffic circles are becoming pretty common here in Louisiana. It shouldn't be an issue.



yeah it will work out .. plus a future hotel is planned near that circle as well
 
Nola
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm

An interview with the new Aviation Director: http://bizneworleans.com/Biz-The-Magazi ... ollar-Man/
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11247
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 am

Nola wrote:
An interview with the new Aviation Director: http://bizneworleans.com/Biz-The-Magazi ... ollar-Man/

For clarity, almost a year and a half old... but still worth a read.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
Nola
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Nola wrote:
An interview with the new Aviation Director: http://bizneworleans.com/Biz-The-Magazi ... ollar-Man/

For clarity, almost a year and a half old... but still worth a read.


The article is from the November 2018 issue. It does start with the date he was brought in to MSY, though, which could be the source of confusion.
 
DJSNOLA
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Nola wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Nola wrote:
An interview with the new Aviation Director: http://bizneworleans.com/Biz-The-Magazi ... ollar-Man/

For clarity, almost a year and a half old... but still worth a read.


The article is from the November 2018 issue. It does start with the date he was brought in to MSY, though, which could be the source of confusion.



what a weird way to edit that articles font setup because you have to read a few times to make sure its not an old article ... lol interesting read
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:04 am

September stats posted by the airport today. Monthly traffic was up 7.7% to 956,588, and year to date traffic was up 10.8% to 9,734,029. The airport was the 38th busiest in the nation through the first 9 months of the year, and it was positioned between OAK and RDU. Overall numbers on the international routes was decent given that September is one of the slower months of the year for both tourism and local travel due to school starting up.

http://www.flymsy.com/Files/Press/September2018.pdf

Estimated international carrier load factor:

AC: 71.4% full outbound (MSY-YYZ) 1564 pax/2190 seats
77.1% full inbound (YYZ-MSY) 1689 pax/2190 seats
74.3% full combined 3253 pax/4380 seats

BA: 70.3% full outbound (MSY-LHR) 3158 pax/4494 seats
70.9% full inbound (LHR-MSY) 3188 pax/4494 seats
70.6% full combined 6346 pax/8988 seats

DE: 73.9% full outbound (MSY-FRA) 1507 pax/2040 seats
83.5% full inbound (FRA-MSY) 1704 pax/2040 seats
78.7% full combined 3211 pax/4080 seats

CM: 70.5% full outbound (MSY-PTY) 1485 pax/2108 seats
77.9% full inbound (PTY-MSY) 1642 pax/2108 seats
74.2% full combined 3127 pax/4216 seats
 
msyflyer
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
September stats posted by the airport today. Monthly traffic was up 7.7% to 956,588, and year to date traffic was up 10.8% to 9,734,029. The airport was the 38th busiest in the nation through the first 9 months of the year, and it was positioned between OAK and RDU. Overall numbers on the international routes was decent given that September is one of the slower months of the year for both tourism and local travel due to school starting up.

http://www.flymsy.com/Files/Press/September2018.pdf

Estimated international carrier load factor:

AC: 71.4% full outbound (MSY-YYZ) 1564 pax/2190 seats
77.1% full inbound (YYZ-MSY) 1689 pax/2190 seats
74.3% full combined 3253 pax/4380 seats

BA: 70.3% full outbound (MSY-LHR) 3158 pax/4494 seats
70.9% full inbound (LHR-MSY) 3188 pax/4494 seats
70.6% full combined 6346 pax/8988 seats

DE: 73.9% full outbound (MSY-FRA) 1507 pax/2040 seats
83.5% full inbound (FRA-MSY) 1704 pax/2040 seats
78.7% full combined 3211 pax/4080 seats

CM: 70.5% full outbound (MSY-PTY) 1485 pax/2108 seats
77.9% full inbound (PTY-MSY) 1642 pax/2108 seats
74.2% full combined 3127 pax/4216 seats


CM really is doing well with the 737. I'm actually impressed. That route just took some nurturing I guess. They never really marketed that flight.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 pm

msyflyer wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:
September stats posted by the airport today. Monthly traffic was up 7.7% to 956,588, and year to date traffic was up 10.8% to 9,734,029. The airport was the 38th busiest in the nation through the first 9 months of the year, and it was positioned between OAK and RDU. Overall numbers on the international routes was decent given that September is one of the slower months of the year for both tourism and local travel due to school starting up.

http://www.flymsy.com/Files/Press/September2018.pdf

Estimated international carrier load factor:

AC: 71.4% full outbound (MSY-YYZ) 1564 pax/2190 seats
77.1% full inbound (YYZ-MSY) 1689 pax/2190 seats
74.3% full combined 3253 pax/4380 seats

BA: 70.3% full outbound (MSY-LHR) 3158 pax/4494 seats
70.9% full inbound (LHR-MSY) 3188 pax/4494 seats
70.6% full combined 6346 pax/8988 seats

DE: 73.9% full outbound (MSY-FRA) 1507 pax/2040 seats
83.5% full inbound (FRA-MSY) 1704 pax/2040 seats
78.7% full combined 3211 pax/4080 seats

CM: 70.5% full outbound (MSY-PTY) 1485 pax/2108 seats
77.9% full inbound (PTY-MSY) 1642 pax/2108 seats
74.2% full combined 3127 pax/4216 seats


CM really is doing well with the 737. I'm actually impressed. That route just took some nurturing I guess. They never really marketed that flight.


Someone can correct me if I wrong, but I think codesharing between CM and UA was nearly nonexistent for the PTY-MSY route for the first few years. That agreement has improved lately, meaning that someone who has to fly on a day when the nonstop isn't offered could do something like MSY-IAH-PTY-MSY at a more reasonable fare. Still, their fares are quite high, so I think improving the frequency would help them attract more business customers who have specific travel dates.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Pretty major spring UA expansion in the latest OAG thread. IAD goes to 3, SFO back to 2, EWR up to 6. In April the schedule looks like:
8 IAH
6 EWR
3 ORD
3 DEN
3 IAD
2 SFO
If they can keep that up, they'd hold up pretty well against AA and DL.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 am

Nice to see UA beef up in time for the new terminal opening. At 25 flights they’ll be tied with DL in terms of daily departures and only 3 behind AA.
Spread hope like fire.
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:32 am

This explains the rather large new UA club going in as well.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:59 am

If you count the 1-2 AC to YYZ and CM, Star is almost tying AA+BA and ahead of DL in terms of flights. DL and their partners need to step up.
 
msyflyer
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:37 pm

msycajun wrote:
If you count the 1-2 AC to YYZ and CM, Star is almost tying AA+BA and ahead of DL in terms of flights. DL and their partners need to step up.


I know for a fact that AM is still trying to make MSY work. So it's just a question of when is the million dollar question.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 am

Perusing the NK summer schedule extension, I see DFW returning daily and CMH returning 3 weekly, but no ACY (no surprise there). Compared to this year, the following routes are upgauging from 319 to 320:
BOS
TPA
ATL
LAS
DFW

Only LAX, EWR, MSP, and CLE remain as 319 routes, which isn't surprising given all of the new capacity being added to LAX, EWR, and MSP. Even with the loss of ACY, that's about 150 more seats each way per day. Hopefully some new routes are in the cards as well.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 am

AS MSY-SFO is showing 321 service starting in late April.
Spread hope like fire.
 
msycajun
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:37 am

Also looks like G4 has extended or is in the process of extending their schedule through August. I see CVG and USA going to 3 weekly at least part of the summer. PIT and RDU continue 2 weekly into the summer and IND's season ends in May.

Actually, I'm also seeing SDF on the map, but not in the schedule...interesting choice.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:51 pm

G4 SDF-MSY twice weekly begins in February. A good add, imo.
Spread hope like fire.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos