Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NolaMD88fan

Re: The MSY thread - 2018

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 am

January domestic and October international passengers and load factors by route. The airport saw an overall domestic load factor of 77.1% in January. This was a 2.65% increase over 2017. Considering that overall seats grew by 6.33%, this is a good sign that demand is meeting the increased supply. Overall, international load factor was 82.7% in October and 79.0% year to date for 2017. October load factor was up 1% over 2017. Once again, the increase in supply is being met by demand.

Route specific, the best performing domestic route in terms of load factor was WN's MSY-DEN route with a load factor of 93.0. The worst performing domestic route was NK's MSY-BOS route with a load factor of only 41.6%. One other interesting thing to note was that AA surpassed DL in terms of domestic seats offered in January. AA almost matched DL in terms of pax.

On the international side of things, the best performing route in October was AC's MSY-YYZ route with a load factor of 85.5%. Unfortunately, this route saw a drop in seats, pax, and loads year over year. The worst performing route was DE's MSY-FRA route with a load factor of 62.1% in October. BA had a solid load factor of 84.8%, and CM also did fine with a load factor of 74.3% on the back of an increase in both seats and pax. Also, DE had a load factor of 71.1% for the full run of seasonal service in 2017. Hoping those numbers will improve for this year's upcoming season.

(Domestic)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_XIgbK86N2kPFUiFgeyVdPNanrB2qatLCIShRtCRLs/edit?usp=sharing

(International)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yepoGdibyiVsViWrjIcouvFnmdUNzhYuBiOo9bBPV8Y/edit?usp=sharing

NolaMD88fan

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 am

Confirmed that the opening date will be Feb. 20, 2019 for the new terminal on local spotter page. Delta SkyClub and United Club will be on Concourse C side of the airport. Concouse A will be closed in completely next month. Jetbridges delivered in next couple of months. Concessions/Retail buildout will begin in July starting in C and working over to A. Also, currently conducting a land use survey to determine what the future holds for southside of the airport property including terminal demolition.

A few shots from the terminal...

DJSNOLA

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 pm

thanks so much for the pictures... really looking forward to seeing the finished product.. glad to see tenant buildouts being given plenty of time for their buildouts. One question is during the transition process should we expect to see many restaurants, shops and other amenities begin shutting down in the south terminal well in advance of actual closing day?

LAX772LR

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
One question is during the transition process should we expect to see many restaurants, shops and other amenities begin shutting down in the south terminal well in advance of actual closing day?

Maybe some of the ones that are making the move... others didn't win bid approval to be in the new terminal :(

reins485

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Thanks for the pictures as well. Any idea if the new jet bridges will be glass or not, now that I believe the regulations have been changed allowing them?

NolaMD88fan

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Don't know what type of jetbridge will be used. Since the concessions management firms are different for the current and new terminal, I don't think anything will close early in the current space.

DJSNOLA

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:11 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Don't know what type of jetbridge will be used. Since the concessions management firms are different for the current and new terminal, I don't think anything will close early in the current space.

I was more thinking the employees of current places will probably be looking for employment elsewhere and towards the end will be hard to staff

NOLAWildcat

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:04 am

I would be shocked if they used glass jetways given New Orleans’ climate. The idea of having to air condition those in a Southeast Louisiana summer seems like a non-starter to me given the extra cost. Why spend the extra money for the more expensive glass jetways and the necessary higher cooling capacity jetway air conditioning units on top of that?

I wouldn’t be surprised if several of the newer jetways from the old terminal (particularly the replacement ones Southwest bought for B—I think they were originally installed at DIA) will make the trek over to the new terminal assuming the logistics of transferring them in a short timeframe can be accomplished.

I also wonder where the old jetways will end up if they’re not re-installed on the new terminal. For years there were several derelict jetways (assuming the old ones off the old pre-1994ish remodel Concourse D at MSY based on the classic Delta widget logos on them) stashed in a scrapyard astride I-55 in Hammond.

NolaMD88fan

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 am

DJSNOLA wrote:
I was more thinking the employees of current places will probably be looking for employment elsewhere and towards the end will be hard to staff

I've noticed several job fairs for concessions and retail staff already this year for the existing terminal. They will always have people interested, but I expect the quality of service to decline precipitously until the new terminal opens.

Also, agreed on the glass jetbridges idea. Those would be murder to keep cool in the Summer. I do think all of the jetbridges will be new, and not repurposed from the existing terminal. Logistically, I don't see how even WN could move and and install the jetbridges from the south to the north terminal in only a few hours. WN has a final departure around 10 PM, and intial departure the next morning around 530 AM. They might have 5 hours to move everything. That's also ignoring that there will be RON aircraft needing to be towed from the old terminal to the new one for the morning departures. Simply not feasible in my opinion.

SunsetLimited

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:52 am

29 of the jetbridges will be new, and 6 will be moved over from the existing terminal.

DJSNOLA

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
29 of the jetbridges will be new, and 6 will be moved over from the existing terminal.

so that would seem to indicate that they will be cordoning off sections of the airport before Feb 2019 ?

msycajun

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

so that would seem to indicate that they will be cordoning off sections of the airport before Feb 2019 ?

Well the current terminal has gates to spare, so they can probably move a few of them in advance. Though 29 is probably enough at the NT to get things started while the others are installed. I expect some airlines will reduce frequencies on the move days to ease pressure as well. This might also be why things have been relatively quiet lately in terms of route announcements - we already know of AM and MT, but I suspect others may have new service waiting for the NT to open.

One interesting item from the board agenda for today - a bond limit increase of $75 million. I wonder if anything new (Concourse D? more parking?) is being planned or perhaps that would be for the south terminal demo/repurpose.

NOLAWildcat

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

I suppose it depends on which jetways they plan on re-using. I would imagine you could probably get the jetways unbolted, driven across Rwy 11-29 to the new terminal, and reattached to the new terminal in a matter of days assuming you stage the equipment properly and are willing to pay the overtime necessary to expedite the process.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t jetways relatively modular pieces of equipment? Align it with the building, bolt it in place, and connect it to airport utilities? I’m not familiar with how they’re designed, but it seems reasonable to design them with provisions to be towed on their own wheels (at least when off public streets) with an adapter that allows for connection to a truck cab, so you wouldn’t have to take the jetway off its suspension to move it around the terminal area.

Provided it’s only a few days’ process, couldn’t the airport adjust gate assignments and utilize airstairs when necessary to accommodate the current schedule with fewer gates while they transfer the 6 jetways over to the new terminal?

DJSNOLA

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 pm

NOLAWildcat wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

I suppose it depends on which jetways they plan on re-using. I would imagine you could probably get the jetways unbolted, driven across Rwy 11-29 to the new terminal, and reattached to the new terminal in a matter of days assuming you stage the equipment properly and are willing to pay the overtime necessary to expedite the process.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t jetways relatively modular pieces of equipment? Align it with the building, bolt it in place, and connect it to airport utilities? I’m not familiar with how they’re designed, but it seems reasonable to design them with provisions to be towed on their own wheels (at least when off public streets) with an adapter that allows for connection to a truck cab, so you wouldn’t have to take the jetway off its suspension to move it around the terminal area.

Provided it’s only a few days’ process, couldn’t the airport adjust gate assignments and utilize airstairs when necessary to accommodate the current schedule with fewer gates while they transfer the 6 jetways over to the new terminal?

makes sense to me...

NolaMD88fan

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:39 am

The airport board approved revisions to the concessions contract for the new terminal today. Shake Shack, Cafe du Monde, and Smoothie King will be added to the lineup of restaurants. All good additions.

SunsetLimited

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:27 am

When this terminal opens, it’s going to be the best mid sized airport in the nation in terms of food and beverage offerings. A great mix of big name New Orleans chefs, outposts of popular NOLA restaurants, and quite a few well known national brands.

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:40 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
When this terminal opens, it’s going to be the best mid sized airport in the nation in terms of food and beverage offerings. A great mix of big name New Orleans chefs, outposts of popular NOLA restaurants, and quite a few well known national brands.

Yet still no Canes, but a g#ddamn Chick-fil-A.

That's a freakin' travesty. :mad:

Metrocard

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Shake Shack? Oh wow, NOLA is finally on the map. :?

In all seriousness, something local would have been much better. What’s that place, Company Burger? I guess if they’re seeking a balance it won’t be so bad.

msycajun

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Metrocard wrote:

In all seriousness, something local would have been much better. What’s that place, Company Burger? I guess if they’re seeking a balance it won’t be so bad.

Yeah I was also thinking the Company Burger would be a great addition instead, but Shake Shack would probably be popular with the locals since there aren't any between Houston and Atlanta. Still bummed about Chick-fil-a, mostly because it would be closed on out busiest travel day of the week. Seems like the the aviation board would be leaving a lot of revenue on the table with that selection.

Also bad timing on the Smoothie King selection...

Pretty quiet on the route front lately. With the stats showing good absorption of capacity, we should be in line for some growth. MSY should be a contender for WN to LGA with one or two of the 6 slots they're getting. IIRC they had 90+% LFs for Saturday holiday LGA flights they did. Hopefully AS will have a free plane to start PDX with all of the trimming they've been doing.

NolaMD88fan

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:02 am

There will be ample local restaurants to choose from. The goal is to have a good balance of local and national brands.

Here's the lineup...

Mopho
Dooks Burgers and Brew
Ye Olde College Inn
Angelo Brocato
Sazerac
PJ's Coffee
New Orleans Food Expo
Folse Market
Leah's Kitchen
Mondo
Emeril's Table
Cure
Starbucks
Great American Bagel Bakery
Panda Express
Munch Factory
Lucky Dogs
Auntie Anne's Pretzels
Chick-Fil-A
Smoothie King
Shake Shack
Cafe du Monde
The Midway
City Greens

I believe that is all of the restaurants/bars slated for the new terminal.

LAX772LR

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:51 am

Metrocard wrote:

I know it's a practically impossible concept for NOLA natives to comprehend, and understandably so... but people who are not from S.Louisiana can and do get tired of NOLA/Southern food.

Cray, but it's totally a thing.

And considering that an overwhelming skew of such folk are going to be accumulated at the airport, it's best to have some non local brands to cater to them, in addition to the local.

DJSNOLA

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Metrocard wrote:

I know it's a practically impossible concept for NOLA natives to comprehend, and understandably so... but people who are not from S.Louisiana can and do get tired of NOLA/Southern food.

And considering that an overwhelming skew of such folk are going to be accumulated at the airport, it's best to have some non local brands to cater to them, in addition to the local.

exactly... people want some "normal food" by the time they head out lol Its a good mix of restaurants and the only thing i see missing is Mexican Food.

also does anyone know what the restaurant will be before security? the one on the ticketing level

donindc

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 pm

LAX772LR wrote:

Totally agree. Unless there are flight delays, most travelers don't have a ton of time at the airport, especially at O&D ones like MSY. Most people want familiarity and consistency when they need to grab a quick bite, and are less likely to want to take a chance on an unknown establishment. I'd be willing to bet the national brands will get higher volume than the local ones.

DJSNOLA

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:27 pm

if shake shack is going to be in the airport id say its likely they will open a location here outside of it too

Metrocard

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Metrocard wrote:

That’s understandable, but I was literally talking about burgers.

There may as well be a Shake Shack on every corner where I live. It’s a shitty product more often than not. My point was that there were probably way better and perhaps local burger establishments to choose from, nothing more. Just burgers, not southern food, not “NOLA” food.

Honestly it seems like airports and tourist venues are dying to have Shake Shacks these days. Papaya Kings are even starting to pop up in airports these days. I’m likely to walk past 1 or 2 Shake Shacks just heading to the gate to catch my flight to NOLA.

DJSNOLA

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Metrocard wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Metrocard wrote:

There may as well be a Shake Shack on every corner where I live. It’s a shitty product more often than not. My point was that there were probably way better and perhaps local burger establishments to choose from, nothing more. Just burgers, not southern food, not “NOLA” food.

Honestly it seems like airports and tourist venues are dying to have Shake Shacks these days. Papaya Kings are even starting to pop up in airports these days. I’m likely to walk past 1 or 2 Shake Shacks just heading to the gate to catch my flight to NOLA.

Which is the point of why the airport wanted them... its normal food to alot of people flying out of here

Nola

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:01 pm

I'd love a Shake Shack. I fly through JFK T4 just to stop at one.

Cane's would seem to make a lot more sense than Chick Fil-A due to Sunday operations....

LAX772LR

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Metrocard wrote:
There may as well be a Shake Shack on every corner where I live.

That's the POINT... it's common and familiar.

And for people who've just saturated themselves for a week on foods/brands that they don't know, they're demonstrably more likely to grab something familiar on the way out.

DJSNOLA

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Nola wrote:

Cane's would seem to make a lot more sense than Chick Fil-A due to Sunday operations....

I like chick fil-a but i dont understand them for an airport if they arent open on sundays?

jbs2886

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:39 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
Nola wrote:

I like chick fil-a but i dont understand them for an airport if they arent open on sundays?

Except they are in a lot of airports anyways, even it is inconvenient.

DJSNOLA

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
Nola wrote:

Except they are in a lot of airports anyways, even it is inconvenient.

i get that just surprised they would lease to them because the rfp that went out required all restaurant to be open for breakfast lunch and dinner and open 2 hours before first scheduled departure everyday and cant close until last flight leaves... so how are they getting away with not being open on a whole day?

NolaMD88fan

Tue May 01, 2018 5:45 am

2017 average O&D and average yield numbers by domestic market for MSY posted. I calculated these from the Dept. of Transportion Domestic Consumer Airfare Report. Overall, average domestic O&D traffic grew by 6.7% in 2017 to 24,284 total pax. Overall average yield remained the same at 32 cents/mile. I have also calculated the rate of year over year growth for markets supporting at least 25 PDEW. 2017 average O&D and average yield numbers by domestic market for MSY posted. I calculated these from the Dept. of Transportion Domestic Consumer Airfare Report. Overall, average domestic O&D traffic grew by 6.7% in 2017 to 24,284 total pax. Overall average yield remained the same at 32 cents/mile. I have also calculated the rate of year over year growth for markets supporting at least 25 PDEW. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzsheyTf4HMkk4puQFM6waHiNpAdu8M0DWi9z7dbCXk/edit?usp=sharing

Top 10 markets by pax:

1. New York City (2,118 pax - 20 cents/mile yield)
2. Washington DC (1,739 pax - 20 cents/mile yield)
3. Los Angeles (1,603 pax - 12 cents/mile yield)
4. Houston (1,440 pax - 52 cents/mile yield)
5. Chicago (1,372 pax - 20 cents/mile yield)
6. Dallas/Fort Worth (1,273 pax - 37 cents/mile yield)
7. Atlanta (1,012 pax - 35 cents/mile yield)
8. Miami (1,005 pax - 22 cents/mile yield)
9. San Francisco (846 pax - 15 cents/mile yield)
10. Denver (815 pax - 17 cents/mile yield)

Top 10 markets by yield:

1. Birmingham (20 pax - 91 cents/mile)
2. Huntsville (11 pax - 87 cents/mile)
3. Memphis (24 pax - 83 cents/mile)
4. Little Rock (39 pax - 71 cents/mile)
5. Springfield, MO (13 pax - 64 cents/mile)
6. Fayetteville, AR (24 pax - 60 cents/mile)
7. Knoxville (32 pax - 58 cents/mile)
8. Corpus Christi (46 pax - 57 cents/mile)
9. Houston (1,440 pax - 52 cents/mile)
10. Asheville, NC (19 pax - 51 cents/mile)

Top 10 markets (exceeding 25 PDEW) by growth:

1. Tucson (51 pax - 30.8% growth)
2. Raleigh/Durham (248 pax - 29.2% growth)
3. Pittsburgh (215 pax - 25.7% growth)
4. Columbus, OH (158 pax - 19.7% growth)
5. Charleston, SC (92 pax - 19.5% growth)
6. Indianapolis (161 pax - 19.3% growth)
7. Reno (56 pax - 19.1% growth)
8. Cincinnati (144 pax - 19% growth)
9. Miami (1,005 pax - 18.7% growth)
10. Richmond (114 pax - 17.5% growth)

In terms of the RFP for the concessions, it did indeed state that. Maybe this one will abide by the contract and remain open on Sunday.

NolaMD88fan

Wed May 02, 2018 11:47 pm

SY (Sun Country) is adding a 2x weekly seasonal flight to MSP for the Fall season. We'll see how they do stacked up against 4x weekly NK and daily DL flights.

DJSNOLA

Thu May 03, 2018 4:19 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
SY (Sun Country) is adding a 2x weekly seasonal flight to MSP for the Fall season. We'll see how they do stacked up against 4x weekly NK and daily DL flights.

Strange but interesting addition.. didnt realize this was a one time destination for Sun Country

DJSNOLA

Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

Strange but interesting addition.. didnt realize this was a one time destination for Sun Country

So i think its safe to say this is probably the last new announced service for the current airport? since this is running in the Fall before airport terminal closes?

msycajun

Fri May 04, 2018 7:42 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
NolaMD88fan wrote:

So i think its safe to say this is probably the last new announced service for the current airport? since this is running in the Fall before airport terminal closes?

I wouldn't rule that out at least for a few months. There's nothing stopping NK, F9, G4, WN, 3M, etc. from adding routes before the terminal move. However if, for example, WN wanted to add more international routes, it would of course make sense to wait for the NT to launch that. Also for any new airlines, they'd probably wouldn't want to go through the efforts of new signage that'd have to be replaced or moved. For AM, surely they would want easy access to the DL gates/SkyClub when they start their service.

LAX772LR

Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 pm

msycajun wrote:
I wouldn't rule that out at least for a few months. There's nothing stopping NK, F9, G4, WN, 3M, etc. from adding routes before the terminal move. However if, for example, WN wanted to add more international routes, it would of course make sense to wait for the NT to launch that. Also for any new airlines, they'd probably wouldn't want to go through the efforts of new signage that'd have to be replaced or moved. For AM, surely they would want easy access to the DL gates/SkyClub when they start their service.

Agreed.

And on a slightly tangent note: this whole Thomas Cook thing has really got me wondering what they're going to do. I'm guessing MAN-MSY, but could just as easily be LGW-MSY. Or even both.

Mostly to connect UK's O&D to the cruises? Chase NOLA's O&D? Connections?

Nola

Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 pm

DL's schedule isn't showing BOS or SEA. I remember both were seasonal test runs. Any news on whether they'll come back? SEA would be really helpful to compete with AS, BOS of course to compete with B6.

msycajun

Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Agreed.

And on a slightly tangent note: this whole Thomas Cook thing has really got me wondering what they're going to do. I'm guessing MAN-MSY, but could just as easily be LGW-MSY. Or even both.

Looking at the old Brookings numbers, MAN O&D in 2011 wasn't that much less than FRA - 5400 versus 7800. I'm sure it's grown since then. But I think it would mostly be as a way of capturing more connections between the DE and MT by offering more days per week. If you're connecting to a different city in Europe on days FRA doesn't fly, a two stop through MAN and JFK/BOS is usually offered. They'd probably save a lot of money and attract more passengers by eliminating a stop. Plus I'm sure there would be incentives on both ends.

NolaMD88fan

Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 am

Wasn't the DL service to BOS and SEA only 1 or 2x weekly. I figured it would fail when I saw that. Tough to compete against daily flights on other carriers that have loyal frequent flier bases (B6 and AS).

I also agree that I doubt we'll see much more announced in terms of new routes or carriers at least until the Fall. If MT and AM are staring up service, that is when we should expect to hear something announced.

Also, the airport posted a new aerial of the terminal. Most of the roof on A is done, there has been significant ramp progress, and the road network is really starting to show up on the west side of the terminal. Everything looks to be moving along nicely.

User001

Sat May 05, 2018 2:23 pm

LAX772LR wrote:

If MT launch MSY I’d be surprised if it’s anything other than MAN.

Firstly, LGW slots are at a premium as it is so would be hard to fit MSY in, and secondly, MSY fits their MAN portfolio better, as MAN is their main seat only ‘hub’ operation now with the likes of SFO/BOS/JFK/LAX/LAS, while LGW is primarily just long haul for the Thomas Cook package side of flights (POP/MCO/CCC etc). Added to that, only one A330 is LGW based while MAN sees 7 (expected to be 8/9 next summer).

The general rumour seems to suggest MAN-BWI (MAN-WAS is showing in GDS for MT with no flights bookable yet) and MAN-MSY 2 weekly next summer.

LAX772LR

Sat May 05, 2018 6:01 pm

User001 wrote:
The general rumour seems to suggest MAN-BWI (MAN-WAS is showing in GDS for MT with no flights bookable yet) and MAN-MSY 2 weekly next summer.

Indeed.

And on the US end, MSY has a list of occupants for its new terminal (opening February 2019) with MT listed as a tenant:

AM flights and a new UA club area also listed on there; neither of which has yet been publicly announced.

NolaMD88fan

Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm interested in seeing this United Club when it opens mainly for the views. It will be a ground-level club in Concourse C according to the info we have received much like the one in Concourse D at IAD. Would be cool to see everything going on outside from a ramp level perspective. No word on how far down Concourse C it will be located.

I'm guessing we'll hear about the United Club and who will be running the international lounge in the same press announcement from the airport in the Fall too.

SunsetLimited

Sun May 06, 2018 12:00 am

DL service from MSY to BOS and SEA is back in the GDS. Very minimal service overall, Sa only for SEA, Sa/Su for BOS, starting in March. I don’t see any flights in February and I can’t see April flights yet.

I’ve heard rumors that there will *not* be a third lounge of any kind, besides DL and UA, much to BA’s disappointment. But I guess we’ll find out for sure when the final plans are made public.

NolaMD88fan

Sun May 06, 2018 1:26 am

Good to hear that the DL flights will be back. I'm a bit surprised myself. Guess they did better than we all thought they would.

I hope the rumor is false concerning no third lounge. If true and BA and DE J class pax are desperate enough to use a lounge, they could pay the entrance fee for the Delta SkyClub or United Club (assuming they don't already have status on one of those airlines). It is beneficial that the option will at least be there with the new terminal unlike the current set-up.

DJSNOLA

Sun May 06, 2018 1:39 pm

there absolutely needs to be a third lounge that you can pay to access

Nola

Sun May 06, 2018 4:00 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
I'm interested in seeing this United Club when it opens mainly for the views. It will be a ground-level club in Concourse C according to the info we have received much like the one in Concourse D at IAD. Would be cool to see everything going on outside from a ramp level perspective. No word on how far down Concourse C it will be located.

I'm guessing we'll hear about the United Club and who will be running the international lounge in the same press announcement from the airport in the Fall too.

The SkyClub is supposed to be a two story club. So will be United Club be beneath the SkyClub (at ground level), with the SkyClub taking the main level and one above? Or will they be in separate concourses?

NolaMD88fan

Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm

No. The United Club will be in a different spot on Concourse C from what we've heard.

jbs2886

Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
there absolutely needs to be a third lounge that you can pay to access

You can pay to access the SkyClub and United lounge...

LAX772LR

Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Well, at least Star fliers (UA, AC, CM) are good... now if only LH could complete the set.

Still sorta funny that AC remains the only daily int'l carrier though.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos