hynithuchi

Re: Swiss aviation thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 am

Noticed yesterday when I passed along GVA airport that the open area from the cargo building down to the Ferney tunnel, along the Voie-des-Traz has been filled in and forms a single tarmac with the taxiway. Anybody know what this additional space will be used for ? Off terminal parking positions ? Will it be linked to the current "Corrosion corner " by extending it over the Ferney tunnel ? I'd never heard plans about such an extension so would be a hushed-up job considering of the very strong opposition by the Green party and and other environmentalist organisations to any airport extension?

runway23

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 am

hynithuchi wrote:
Noticed yesterday when I passed along GVA airport that the open area from the cargo building down to the Ferney tunnel, along the Voie-des-Traz has been filled in and forms a single tarmac with the taxiway. Anybody know what this additional space will be used for ? Off terminal parking positions ? Will it be linked to the current "Corrosion corner " by extending it over the Ferney tunnel ? I'd never heard plans about such an extension so would be a hushed-up job considering of the very strong opposition by the Green party and and other environmentalist organisations to any airport extension?

They are used as stands since a couple of months now. Was paved last year IIRC. The bus ride there is quite long from the terminal.

hynithuchi

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am

runway23 wrote:
hynithuchi wrote:

They are used as stands since a couple of months now. Was paved last year IIRC. The bus ride there is quite long from the terminal.

Thanks for your information, I hadn't passed along there for years.. I suppose with the constructions works going on, this additional space comes in handy and in particular since the number of parking positions at the new East Wing had to be restricted. Nice way of getting around it :lol: well done.

DALCE

Wed May 02, 2018 10:12 am

HB-JCK msn 55027 CS300 has been delivered to LX. Commercial ops start 04MAY.
PR-MHB msn 1692 ex Latam has been ferried to ZRH in WK livery and will soon get new registration and start ops for WK.
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,E75,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

hynithuchi

Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm

In an article in the Tribune de Genève today, Mr Lorenzo Stoll, Swiss manager GVA, talks about increasing GVA based staff ( cockpit/cabin ) from 250 to 500 by the end of 2019. However he doesn't mention anything about where he is going to use them. Logically, this means they would double their operation at GVA after shrinking it over the last 2 years. Anybody any idea what's in the pipeline or is it just empty talk to keep Western Swiss readers happy who don't consider Swiss a national company and certainly not very attached to GVA ?

DUSZRH

Tue May 08, 2018 3:04 pm

As far as I know there is no cockpit personal in GVA and only limited cabin staff.

hynithuchi

Tue May 08, 2018 3:50 pm

DUSZRH wrote:
As far as I know there is no cockpit personal in GVA and only limited cabin staff.

According to the article, he says that Swiss would need 100 additional cockpit crew, 100 cabin crew and about 50 ground staff. This would suggest that they already have GVA based cockpit crew, but I really can't say if that's correct. Reading the article, I would interpret it as an intention to increase the number of GVA based aircraft. Now that they are about to break even at GVA, I wonder if they are really willing to stage another battle with Easyjet after losing out a first time ? Sounds a bit crazy to me.

LAXintl

Thu May 10, 2018 5:26 pm

From daily news summary I receive.

SWISS
Plans to double its workforce in Geneva by end 2019, as part of plans to improve short-haul flying financial performance by consolidating activities of CSeries aircraft flights in Europe.

Sounds like GVA will become a Cseries base as LX continues reshaping its GVA operations in search of better financial results.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

runway23

Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Sounds like GVA will become a Cseries base as LX continues reshaping its GVA operations in search of better financial results.

GVA is already all CSeries since last summer, except for a helvetic E190 wetlease that mainly operates to LCY and ZRH-GVA that operate with any/all aircraft Swiss have.

The story is about (finally) having a pilot base in GVA again and having an extra CS100/300.

DUSZRH wrote:

Right now, a little under 200 based cabin crew that currently operate on all flights out of GVA except ZRH and partially to JFK.

stylo777

Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 pm

How are they currently carrrying out all the operations ex GVA without having any cockpit crews based there at all? I mean, there is a significant amount of flights. This is quite surprising to me.

SR380

Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 am

stylo777 wrote:
How are they currently carrrying out all the operations ex GVA without having any cockpit crews based there at all? I mean, there is a significant amount of flights. This is quite surprising to me.

Flight to and out of ZRH and an insane amount of hotels nights...

hynithuchi

Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 am

SR380 wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

And they wonder why they couldn't break even before now.. ! Reminds me a bit of the shortlived 2 hub strategy by SR in the early 90ties which wasn't sustainable mainly due to crew transfers and hotel expenses at GVA. Still, it sounds a bit like LX are on expansion course again, wish them good luck.

Tommo4828

Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 am

Wouldn't a Swiss/Edelweiss service to Edinburgh work? Easyjet have the monopoly on the route with x12. Edelweiss have increased to x4 from Zurich.

hynithuchi

Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 am

Tommo4828 wrote:
    Wouldn't a Swiss/Edelweiss service to Edinburgh work? Easyjet have the monopoly on the route with x12. Edelweiss have increased to x4 from Zurich.

Where from? From ZRH there would probably be a potential for additional capacity but for GVA, I think nearly 2 daily services by Easyjet is sufficient. It would simply end up with rockbottom fares in attempt to snatch the market away from Easyjet and wouldn't help any of the 2 carriers. Mind you, AFAIK EDW doesn't have any operation at GVA, not even to the Meditarrenean hotspots, so it would have to be LX.
    And, isn't EDI also served from BSL which is only 60 km away from ZRH ? Overall, I personally don't think there is a need for additional flights to EDI.

Bhoy

Fri May 11, 2018 12:05 pm

hynithuchi wrote:
    And, isn't EDI also served from BSL which is only 60 km away from ZRH ?

Yes, once daily.

FatCat

Fri May 11, 2018 1:06 pm

runway23 wrote:

GVA is already all CSeries since last summer, except for a helvetic E190 wetlease that mainly operates to LCY and ZRH-GVA that operate with any/all aircraft Swiss have.

And ZRH-FLR, whilst same route is operated by Swiss with CS100s.
    May my post not hurt your feelings

stylo777

Fri May 11, 2018 2:14 pm

SR380 wrote:
    stylo777 wrote:

...in Europe's most expensive city for hotel accommodations - extremely insane, indeed!

PhilInBRN

Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 am

ZRH airport keeps growing at a very decent rate in 2018:
    Pax count January to April 2018
    JAN 2'016’837 +2.7%
    FEB 1'966’362 +4.6%
    MAR 2'392’696 +9.0%
    APR 2‘703‘568 +6.6%

Growth can be expected to remain around 5% with more CSeries aircraft being brought into service as well as new services by Edelweiss, United, Air Canada & Sichuan Air to commence later this year.
    On the other hand Laudamotion & Ryanair announced over the weekend that they will after all not operate previously planned services from ZRH. Ryanair claim that a lack of available aircraft led to the decision to cancel the ZRH flights (around 30 weekly flights) one month before they were due to begin. There must be something more to this story, as aircraft availability must‘ve been known to FR beforehand. FR/OE disgruntled many passengers who already booked their holiday flights and who now have to find much more expensive alternate solutions.
    On the positive side, these slots will now be re-allocated (equivalent of two based aircraft at ZRH) - and hopefully not all fall into the hands of LH group.

hynithuchi

Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 am

As per today's Travel Inside news, AZ will introduce 2 daily flights between GVA and LIN. While there is definitely a potential for LIN ( not MXP ), do they stand a chance competing with the rail link which is hugely popular with business people and tourists ? When GVA/LIN was abandonned by various airlines first in favour of BGY and then MXP, all local traffic transferred to the rail link with the result of no flights at all between the 2 cities. Anybody any thoughts if traffic can be won back from the rail ?

ME720

Fri May 25, 2018 8:16 am

Fantastic news!
    There is a huge community of “Milanese” in Geneva. The train is 4 hours.. flight will be less than 1. Add 30 min at the airport in GVA (by train 7 min from the centre).. and 20 min in LIN from touchdown to town.. that’s a bit over two hours door to door.. I think many people will use this flight.

hynithuchi

Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 am

As far as the actual travel time is concerned I 100% agree with you, but will train users really switch back to an air link ? Don't forget, the train service has no security checks, no requirements to turn up at the airport about 2 hours before departure etc. Anybody knows of short haul city pairs where the trend of using trains over aircraft was reversed ?

LIPZ

Fri May 25, 2018 9:29 am

It's confirmed by the carrier.
    12xw (123456-) + (12345-7) with E75 eff from 03SEP.

https://www.alitalia.com/fr_ch/fly-alit ... eneva.html

First flight from LIN lands at GVA at 07.55 in the morning.
    First Eurocity train from Milan gets to Geneva at 12.21
    Quite a difference.

ME720

Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 am

It will be a success!
    One needs to be 30 min in advance at GVA if one has already checked in..
    LIN is easy as well..
    Trains can be expensive, and the schedule is not ideal.. LIN was not served from GVA. AZ used to serve GVA from MXP before moving its hub to FCO.

PhilInBRN

Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm

If this route does not work with this very well-timed schedule, connection opportunities in LIN, LIN as closest airport to Milan, no GVA-LUG currently operating etc. then I do not see any future GVA-Milan route work.

In other news, this week there has been some turmoil at Edelweiss caused by an open letter to the CEO issued by a group of pilots. In this letter, the group states that they do not agree with the state in which the newest additions to the WK-fleet are (e.g. interior, used aircraft, crew rest in A340 far away from the flight deck). This open letter proclaiming that current developments at WK could be safety risks has been criticised by both the airline's management as well as the pilot union Aeropers. This development also comes at a critical time as WK pilots have terminated the collective labor agreement with their employer and are set to put more pressure on WK's management to increase salaries and improve working conditions.
    What do you think, mere show of force by the pilots in order to have a better position at the negotiation table or is there more behind these proclaimed issues at Edelweiss?

Three articles in German here:
    https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/pi ... 18274.html
    https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/zu ... 22809.html
    https://www.handelszeitung.ch/unternehm ... en-piloten

hynithuchi

Mon May 28, 2018 10:30 am

For those interested in GVA airport, there is an interview on aerotelegraph.com ( unfortunately in German only ) with Mr André Schneider, CEO GVA Airport, in which he outlines intended infrastructure and route development. Ambitious but not unrealistic plans except the 2nd terminal which would probably be strongly opposed to by the local population.

SR380

Mon May 28, 2018 1:20 pm

So basically he is talking about potential new non-stop flights to Japan, China, Singapore. It has been talked for a long time, and regarding at the number of Asia tourism/business in Switzerland, this add up.

Now he is also mentioning a new terminal. But the new one would need to be built on top of the existing T1. I don’t quite see how this can be done. But I am no engineer.

New satellites are also in the pipeline, but first they want to focus of “Aile Est” terminal, and a new bagage scanning system.

hynithuchi

Mon May 28, 2018 1:53 pm

SR380 wrote:
    So basically he is talking about potential new non-stop flights to Japan, China, Singapore. It has been talked for a long time, and regarding at the number of Asia tourism/business in Switzerland, this add up.

Now he is also mentioning a new terminal. But the new one would need to be built on top of the existing T1. I don’t quite see how this can be done. But I am no engineer.

New satellites are also in the pipeline, but first they want to focus of “Aile Est” terminal, and a new bagage scanning system.

A new terminal won't happen as it will never be allowed by the local population. But assuming it would happen, the cargo terminal should be removed to the Ferney side of the runway and a new terminal built on the current cargo terminal site. It could be linked by a rail system from terminal to terminal, passing through thr new " aile est". This of course, is Utopia at it's best but maybe a solution would be coverting former IATA/SWISSAIR building which is owned by the Airport Authorities and link it with the T1 and the planned but never built Satellite 8.
    However, I find the longhaul policy of attracting viable routes interesting and his vision of growing in quality rather than quantity. For once, I absolutely agree with their policy.

pmartin

Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 am

Re: terminal, it is effectively a replacement of the existing terminal, i.e. build a terminal on the same site, a much higher building, and transfer activities over time until 2030. There were plans (Cointrin Vision) of extending the terminal above the motorways. The way Schneider describes it is basically to build in a modular fashion and over tome gut the existing terminal. FYI - infra projects are not (yet) subject to approval of the population, but requires a vote of the board, all within the concession granted by the federal government (which is being renewed). In other words, if the confederation approve the plan (PSIA), it becomes an administrative matter.

Re: long-haul, there are concrete discussions for a link with Japan. It seems well advanced. Other concrete discussions are ongoing for a second route in China (Shanghai, was mentioned by the China ambasssador in a recent article), Hong Kong and Singapore. He speaks at length about Brazil. Mentioned that they were close a couple of years ago, but the crisis in Brazil put this on hold. He is however certain that a route to Brazil will happen.

hynithuchi

Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 am

pmartin wrote:
    Re: terminal, it is effectively a replacement of the existing terminal, i.e. build a terminal on the same site, a much higher building, and transfer activities over time until 2030. There were plans (Cointrin Vision) of extending the terminal above the motorways. The way Schneider describes it is basically to build in a modular fashion and over tome gut the existing terminal. FYI - infra projects are not (yet) subject to approval of the population, but requires a vote of the board, all within the concession granted by the federal government (which is being renewed). In other words, if the confederation approve the plan (PSIA), it becomes an administrative matter.

Re: long-haul, there are concrete discussions for a link with Japan. It seems well advanced. Other concrete discussions are ongoing for a second route in China (Shanghai, was mentioned by the China ambasssador in a recent article), Hong Kong and Singapore. He speaks at length about Brazil. Mentioned that they were close a couple of years ago, but the crisis in Brazil put this on hold. He is however certain that a route to Brazil will happen.

I can't see how this modular building can be done without causing an enormous chaos. All this work going on in the main terminal while at the same time, passenger numbers are supposed to be growing to 25 mio ? And what will really be gained, since the new terminal would be built over the old one and would not result in an extended ground surface ? I'm very doubtful about this project and anyway, by the time it would be decided, there is a good chance that popular approval would be needed.
    For long-haul routes, as I said before, very sensible marketing, hope some of these new routes will come to fruition.

SR380

Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am

hynithuchi wrote:
    pmartin wrote:

I can't see how this modular building can be done without causing an enormous chaos. All this work going on in the main terminal while at the same time, passenger numbers are supposed to be growing to 25 mio ? And what will really be gained, since the new terminal would be built over the old one and would not result in an extended ground surface ? I'm very doubtful about this project and anyway, by the time it would be decided, there is a good chance that popular approval would be needed.
    For long-haul routes, as I said before, very sensible marketing, hope some of these new routes will come to fruition.

And why are you so sure people will vote against it? The airport generate a ton of jobs, and people are aware of how important it is (beside a view living close to it, but still fly U2 for their vacations).

Anyhow, the airport mandate is given by the state itself. If they are bulging « on site » I don’t see how they could have a referendum on it.

hynithuchi

Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am

SR380 - the problem is that right now there is a referendum pending and we will probably vote next year and if approved, we would definitely have to vote on such a project. I guess you live in Geneva, so you also know that turnout usually doesn't exceed 35-40% and all those against the airport will be voting and approve the referendum. Unfortunately, a lot of people are indifferent to this and won't bother voting despite the fact they look favourably at the airport. And another thing, a lot of people living in Geneva and whose jobs depend on the airport or even work there are of foreign nationality and don't necessarily have the right to vote. If I remember right, this would be 45 % of the population and for example in a place like Prégny-Chambésy which is bordering the airport perimeter, this will be around 80 % of the population. I'm really quite worried it will go through but let's hope I'm mistaken

pmartin

Tue May 29, 2018 9:35 am

I think that referring to a new terminal is a way of saying that they will replace the actual terminal over time, piece by piece. It is not a second terminal.
    There has been many studies, like this one. I would doubt that the director just launch crazy ideas in the air, it is not the style. And constitutionally there is no voting rights for specific projects. FOr as long as the federal concession is respected, then the airport deals with the issue. And as you know, the PSIA process is under way. So let's see. The difference between Cointrin Vision and the new plan, is that the previous plan was anticipating ambitious commercial development, for a total cost of SFR 2.5bn. This is scrapped, the focus is the airport, for a cost of less than 1bn. I.e. there will be some extension in front of the terminal (probably new departure hall), but the motorway may not be crossed fully. GVA has no choice, the building is 50 years old. I am confident something will happen.

https://deplanta-architectes.ch/projets ... eneve-aig/

hynithuchi

Tue May 29, 2018 10:22 am

pmartin wrote:
    I think that referring to a new terminal is a way of saying that they will replace the actual terminal over time, piece by piece. It is not a second terminal.
    There has been many studies, like this one. I would doubt that the director just launch crazy ideas in the air, it is not the style. And constitutionally there is no voting rights for specific projects. FOr as long as the federal concession is respected, then the airport deals with the issue. And as you know, the PSIA process is under way. So let's see. The difference between Cointrin Vision and the new plan, is that the previous plan was anticipating ambitious commercial development, for a total cost of SFR 2.5bn. This is scrapped, the focus is the airport, for a cost of less than 1bn. I.e. there will be some extension in front of the terminal (probably new departure hall), but the motorway may not be crossed fully. GVA has no choice, the building is 50 years old. I am confident something will happen.

https://deplanta-architectes.ch/projets ... eneve-aig/

I've gone through his interview again and he clearly says initially they want to build a new, higher building over the existing terminal. I know, Mr Schneider comes across as a competent man who has his feet on the ground, but I still can't see what's the point in building an even higher terminal, practically wrapping up the existing one and gaining very little extra surface if any. And ok, I admit the existing terminal is 50 years only, but believe me, there isn't much of the originall building left except for the walls and windows. I know, I worked there in 1968. Still, if this is the only way to move on, all the better, I'm sure some architects and engineers will work out.

stylo777

Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Just thinking about the "holes" in the LX European network from ZRH, which destinations do you think are missing and should be served in future?

I thought of following cities/airports:
    - HEL
    - LYS
    - LIN
    - MSQ
    - TLS
    - IST
    - TRN
    - LJU
    - VNO
    - TLL
    - RIX
    - BRE
    - CGN

your thoughts?

Bhoy

Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 pm

stylo777 wrote:
    Just thinking about the "holes" in the LX European network from ZRH, which destinations do you think are missing and should be served in future?

- HEL
    - LYS
    - LIN
    - MSQ
    - TLS
    - IST
    - TRN
    - LJU
    - VNO
    - TLL
    - RIX
    - BRE
    - CGN

your thoughts?

Some of those they used to serve and recently gave up (LYS, HEL, IST), some they codeshare on (LJU, IST, CGN), so overall they're all unlikely on LX metal, I would have thought.

YangFeng

Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm

stylo777 wrote:

- HEL They tried with a daily flight against four daily flights from AY. I guess they got completely destroyed and then gave it up. Now served 2x daily by AY, worth another shot?
    - LYS They served it for a long time but gave it up when they announced flights to Marseille and Bordeaux. LYS is currently served by Twinjet. Don't see LX coming back soon.
    - LIN If I remember correctly, they used to serve this one too but it seems like they consolidated at MXP.
    - MSQ Intriguing possibility, although there are some bigger unserved markets still.
    - TLS I guess they'll stick to their two new destinations in France for the time being.
    - IST Yields and passenger numbers collapsed but Istanbul is big enough for them to eventually come back.
    - TRN Third biggest unserved European destination from ZRH. Possible sometime in the future.
    - LJU They'll probably leave it to JP.
    - VNO Second biggest unserved European destination from ZRH. A likely candidate for both SWISS or Air Baltic.
    - TLL Biggest unserved European destination from ZRH. A very likely candidate for both SWISS or Air Baltic.
    - RIX It looks like they've tried it just to see if they can chase away Air Baltic but to no avail.
    - BRE Last big unserved German city from ZRH. I guess it could happen.
    - CGN They'll probably leave it to EW.

your thoughts?

See my thoughts above in italics.

stylo777

Wed May 30, 2018 7:03 am

great input YangGeng!
    with more and more CSeries entering the fleet, above mentioned unserved markets might see LX service again?

PhilInBRN

Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 am

While additional LX service to the above mentioned destinations would be very welcome one has to take into account the very stringent capacity restrictions at ZRH. LX cannot simply add flights to their hub banks as during peak times ZRH operates at capacity. Therefore, many of the more recent adds by LX are flights that are operated outside of the hub banks relying heavily on O&D.
    As such, I can see the following destinations being added in the future:
    - Glasgow
    - Tallinn
    - Vilnius
    - Helsinki
    - Riga
    - Gdansk

Other secondary destinations relying more on multiple daily frequencies (eg LYS, BLQ, TLS, TRN) are well served by LH group through MUC and FRA and are therefore IMO not very likely to be added in the future.

DALCE

Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 am

The only way to see LX expand significantly in ZRH would be adding a 5th bank. The current 4 bank scheme is quite full on the peaks. The airport has not much more room on those times.
    flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,E75,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

Blerg

Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 pm

DALCE wrote:
    The only way to see LX expand significantly in ZRH would be adding a 5th bank. The current 4 bank scheme is quite full on the peaks. The airport has not much more room on those times.

Out of curiosity, what are the four banks? I suppose two are short-haul and two are long-haul or are they all mixed together?

stylo777

Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Well, I didn't consider the airport restrictions which make a lot of sense in terms of limitation to further expand. Particularly on the European network I can see that the "system" starts very early around 7am with latest inbounds around 10pm. There is hardly any "overnighting" and majority of fleet is back to base at night. Other European majors (LH, BA, AF, KL) handle this differently.
    I assume that the addition of a 5th bank would actually require this overnighting for rotation reasons?

FatCat

Wed May 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Just saw on FR24 that Swiss added a daily flight FLR - GVA, with an E190. Nice!
    May my post not hurt your feelings

SpaceshipDC10

Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 pm

hynithuchi wrote:
    For those interested in GVA airport, there is an interview on aerotelegraph.com ( unfortunately in German only ) with Mr André Schneider, CEO GVA Airport, in which he outlines intended infrastructure and route development. Ambitious but not unrealistic plans except the 2nd terminal which would probably be strongly opposed to by the local population.

What's the status of the east wing long haul terminal? Is it finished? Or are passengers still bused to/from aircraft on hard stands?
    I have discovered that once people are truly captivated in their ignorance, they are generally unwilling to let the facts interfere.
    (Rick Drury's Flightlines "Paychecks", Airways April 2003)

MoonC

Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
    hynithuchi wrote:

What's the status of the east wing long haul terminal? Is it finished? Or are passengers still bused to/from aircraft on hard stands?

Bused. East Wing scheduled for Spring or Autumn 2020.

hynithuchi

Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 pm

MoonC wrote:
    SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
    hynithuchi wrote:

If I remember right, quite some time ago, someone mentionned in this forum the East Wing may not be completed before 2022. Is construction progressing as planned and can completion be expected for 2020 or are they behind schedule ?

SR380

Thu May 31, 2018 2:58 am

hynithuchi wrote:
    MoonC wrote:
    SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

If I remember right, quite some time ago, someone mentionned in this forum the East Wing may not be completed before 2022. Is construction progressing as planned and can completion be expected for 2020 or are they behind schedule ?

There is not much to see on the tarmac. I doubt it can be done within 18 month or so.

pmartin

Thu May 31, 2018 6:46 am

The airport says it will be delivered on time. It is not a concrete building but a giant assembled mecano. Seems that the elements are now being delivered and the assembly should not take too long. All the foundation work and digging has been completed. 2 years to go to mid / end 2020 the expected inauguration.

hynithuchi

Thu May 31, 2018 7:26 am

pmartin wrote:
    The airport says it will be delivered on time. It is not a concrete building but a giant assembled mecano. Seems that the elements are now being delivered and the assembly should not take too long. All the foundation work and digging has been completed. 2 years to go to mid / end 2020 the expected inauguration.

Good news, thanks. As MoonC said, there is not much too be seen on the tarmac, at least from outside, hence the question.

phofmannsair

Thu May 31, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi,

They have just started the "visible works" today!
    Sorry, I don't know how to join pictures, so have a look at my twitter accound where I just posted them.

Opening still planned for October 2020!

https://twitter.com/Phofmannsair/status/1002208047043883009

Best Regards,

Patrick.

MoonC

Thu May 31, 2018 3:50 pm

phofmannsair wrote:
    Hi,

They have just started the "visible works" today!
    Sorry, I don't know how to join pictures, so have a look at my twitter accound where I just posted them.

Opening still planned for October 2020!

https://twitter.com/Phofmannsair/status/1002208047043883009

Best Regards,

Patrick.

And

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos