Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

brooklynchris13

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 pm

fedex1 wrote:
Wouldn’t it be more cost effective to have (1) airport. . . Look at IND, they don’t have (1) airport for Fedex, and another for pax. . .

In the case of LCK, it is really a very unique facility and has been the catalyst for an amazing amount of development in the area. It also offers rail connectivity that is pretty rare among cargo airports. There would be no way to replicate this at CMH even if you wanted to. There is also a military presence at the airport as well, including KC135 ops and Army National Guard helicopter units.

Looking at an aerial imagery of LCK is a pretty good way to really grasp what has gone on there over the last 25 years. Even better, there remains significant room to grow and the runway capacity is sufficient for VLA cargo aircraft in a manner that would be a bit more challenging at CMH. Although on paper it may seem that the airports are redundant, they actually compliment each other well and with both showing serious growth this year in terms of volume and activity, there do not appear to be any reasons to change strategy.

The one item that I think may change is NK. Once CMH builds a nice new terminal, you may see Allegiant move there as I do not think the CRAA will want to build/maintain two new terminals, plus being at CMH will afford NK the chance to grow.

Christopher

DeltaRules

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Another point comparing Columbus and Indianapolis is there's no comparable secondary airport (to my knowledge) in the IND area, so IND has no choice but to consolidate cargo and passenger operations in one place..

boscmh

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:31 pm

^^ I agree I'd like to see G4 move to CMH with the completion of a new terminal. The current passenger/charter facility at LCK was built before operations were taken over by CRAA. I understand wanting to utilize the resource while they have it, but once its useful life has passed 10-15 years down the road I wouldn't support any additional investment to rebuild/maintain it further. Yes G4 has managed to carve out somewhat of a niche down there, but I still feel they would be much more successful in at CMH with everyone else. Most people I know are not even aware they exist in the market or that LCK offers passenger service

fedex1

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 pm

If I’m not mistaken, IND has 7,400 acres to expand on. If needed

papatango

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:08 pm

64 dollar quezrion is CMH going to get AMS. Service from DELTA?

cvgComair

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:08 pm

From Oct 7 to Oct 26, one of DL's CVG-PHL frequencies will operate with a CRJ-900. They keep trying to put the bigger equipment on these routes, hopefully they upguage more CRJ-200 routes for 2019.
Last edited by cvgComair on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brooklynchris13

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:14 am

boscmh wrote:
^^ I agree I'd like to see G4 move to CMH with the completion of a new terminal. The current passenger/charter facility at LCK was built before operations were taken over by CRAA. I understand wanting to utilize the resource while they have it, but once its useful life has passed 10-15 years down the road I wouldn't support any additional investment to rebuild/maintain it further. Yes G4 has managed to carve out somewhat of a niche down there, but I still feel they would be much more successful in at CMH with everyone else. Most people I know are not even aware they exist in the market or that LCK offers passenger service

Thank You BOSCMH for correcting my obviously still in holiday party mode brain. Yes, its G4. LOL. NK is already at CMH of course and doing well. On that note, anyone hear any rumblings about them adding destinations or frequencies out of CMH? (NK). With two full gates all to their lonesome it would seem its only a matter of when. I would love to see them make MYR and MSY year-round, but I don't know what the peak travel season to MYR is. Does it really fall off in the winter? I'm still seeing a great deal of A320s for NK here, which I would assume is a good sign.

SumChristianus

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:37 am

cvgComair wrote:
From Oct 7 to Oct 26, one of DL's CVG-PHL frequencies will operate with a CRJ-900. They keep trying to put the bigger equipment on these routes, hopefully they upguage more CRJ-200 routes for 2019.

Where do the CR2s rotate into CVG from now, RDU? or are the CVG flying CR2s based out of CVG-rotations entirely?

Can't really think of any CR2 destinations from CVG that see CR2s to anywhere else.

Still can't believe they get enough O/D to compete on all these routes---looking at the low USDOT O/D numbers on many of these (er most routes from anywhere to anywhere), but traffic in the Midwest/US is exploding this year, so maybe DL can make it work.

DeltaRules

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:09 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:
boscmh wrote:

Thank You BOSCMH for correcting my obviously still in holiday party mode brain. Yes, its G4. LOL. NK is already at CMH of course and doing well. On that note, anyone hear any rumblings about them adding destinations or frequencies out of CMH? (NK). With two full gates all to their lonesome it would seem its only a matter of when. I would love to see them make MYR and MSY year-round, but I don't know what the peak travel season to MYR is. Does it really fall off in the winter? I'm still seeing a great deal of A320s for NK here, which I would assume is a good sign.

My perception was always that MYR and SAV (Hilton Head)'s peak travel seasons were the Summer. I grew up in Zanesville and most of the kids I went to school with hit one or the other at some point. It's why I'm not surprised MYR (and SAV if you include G4) are Summer-only.

cvgComair

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:27 am

SumChristianus wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Where do the CR2s rotate into CVG from now, RDU? or are the CVG flying CR2s based out of CVG-rotations entirely?

Can't really think of any CR2 destinations from CVG that see CR2s to anywhere else.

Still can't believe they get enough O/D to compete on all these routes---looking at the low USDOT O/D numbers on many of these (er most routes from anywhere to anywhere), but traffic in the Midwest/US is exploding this year, so maybe DL can make it work.

CVG-BWI-RDU/JFK
CVG-PHL-RDU/JFK
The a/c for CVG-MKE/STL/MCI/XNA/PHL/CLT/BWI/YYZ have to flow through these 4 routes. There are lots of connections that make these routes work, but that is quickly being replaced by local demand. Hopefully demand continues to rise so that larger RJs can be used on these routes.

Texraid

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:56 pm

More changes at CVG Concourse B this summer. Spirit of the Horse, Kentucky Store, and the Kids store closing 31 Aug., with the locations taken by Paradies (CNBC, Travelmart, Brooks, etc.). PGA also closing, supposedly with Brooks/PGA split into three stores. I’m sure they will be closed off for construction sometime in Sept.

So far the word is they will be replaced with five or six new stores. All I have heard is Brighton and The Scoreboard, a local sports theme store. Also possibly some type of jewelry store (Swarovski or Pandora?????) which is two of their branded stores.
Stay tuned.

cvgComair

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Texraid wrote:
More changes at CVG Concourse B this summer. Spirit of the Horse, Kentucky Store, and the Kids store closing 31 Aug., with the locations taken by Paradies (CNBC, Travelmart, Brooks, etc.). PGA also closing, supposedly with Brooks/PGA split into three stores. I’m sure they will be closed off for construction sometime in Sept.

So far the word is they will be replaced with five new stores. All I have heard is Brighton and The Scoreboard, a local sports theme store. Also possibly some type of jewelry store (Swarovski or Pandora?????) which is two of their branded stores.
Stay tuned.

If they start construction in Sept that would be really good turn-over for the project! The original plan was 10 stores added in B, 3 (+ 1 stand) in A, and 1 in the main terminal. Should be interesting to see what they pick for the spots.

There is a ton going into B right now. The new lounge will begin construction in April 2019 (I think by the B18-21 block, but I am not certain). The massage location by B16 will also be reopening. There should be 2 more restaurants going into B as well, probably around the former 360 burrito and Idas, but I haven't heard any details about those recently.

A is getting another bar/restaurant by A15, plus a massage location by A7.

Texraid

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:18 pm

The massage location is now used as a stock room for Crew Outfitters and long term not decided as of now. 360 is supposed to be turned into an American crew lounge. Ida’s was supposed to be open by now but Host doesn’t have enough staff to open it. The plan is for limited hours, AM only.
A has Christian Mourlein going in where USO was.
The employee lot wil be open soon for passengers. It is being divided now.

topguncnod

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm

It looks like Delta has upguaged CVG-DEN as of March ‘19 to a 737-800. It’s quite a ways out so not sure if it’ll stick. Delta has gone from CRJ-900 —> MD90 —> 737-800. In guessing with Southwest, United, Frontier, Allegiant and Delta all on the route, we will see quite a fare blood bath soon.

WWads

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 am

topguncnod wrote:
It looks like Delta has upguaged CVG-DEN as of March ‘19 to a 737-800. It’s quite a ways out so not sure if it’ll stick. Delta has gone from CRJ-900 —> MD90 —> 737-800. In guessing with Southwest, United, Frontier, Allegiant and Delta all on the route, we will see quite a fare blood bath soon.

I think DL and UA will be fine. They both have a hub on either end, and strong business traffic. It'll be between WN, F9, and G4. I expect G4 to be the loser.

cvgComair

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

topguncnod wrote:

It has been on the schedule for about 3 months now, so I am hoping that is a good sign that the upguage will stick. Frontier has cut capacity way back on the route, so WN/DL are just filling that hole.

cledaybuck

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:25 pm

WWads wrote:
topguncnod wrote:

I think DL and UA will be fine. They both have a hub on either end, and strong business traffic. It'll be between WN, F9, and G4. I expect G4 to be the loser.
If we are considering CVG to be a hub for DL, then surely DEN should be a hub for WN.

jplatts

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:54 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
WWads wrote:
topguncnod wrote:

If we are considering CVG to be a hub for DL, then surely DEN should be a hub for WN.

There are some markets similar in size to CVG that already have more nonstop service to DEN than CVG does, including AUS, IND, MCI, BNA, PDX, and SMF.

Here are the frequencies of nonstop flights to DEN from CVG and some similarly-sized markets:
CVG-DEN: UA (2), DL (1), F9 (1), G4 (1 on a less-than-daily basis)
AUS-DEN: WN (6), UA (5), F9 (1 daily nonstop + 2nd nonstop on some days)
IND-DEN: WN (4), UA (3), F9 (1 on a less-than-daily basis)
MCI-DEN: WN (7), UA (6), F9 (1)
BNA-DEN: WN (5), UA (3), F9 (1)
PDX-DEN: UA (5), WN (4), F9 (1 daily nonstop + 2nd nonstop on some days)
SMF-DEN: WN (5), UA (5)

CVG is in a big enough market to support additional nonstop service to DEN. In addition, there are also many WN customers in the Denver area that are unwilling to fly on F9 since F9's transition to a ULCC.

brooklynchris13

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

CMH rumor mill question. Apparently the DL folks at CMH have shared that DL will be starting a SEA nonstop flight In addition to the return of SLC? This would seem very implausible to me, but odder things have happened in the world. Anyone else hear any truth to this? Would that maybe be a hint of an Amazon corporate contract and (maybe) the possible selection of CMH for AH2?

jplatts

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
CMH rumor mill question. Apparently the DL folks at CMH have shared that DL will be starting a SEA nonstop flight In addition to the return of SLC? This would seem very implausible to me, but odder things have happened in the world. Anyone else hear any truth to this? Would that maybe be a hint of an Amazon corporate contract and (maybe) the possible selection of CMH for AH2?

The lack of SEA-CMH nonstop service is a huge hole, and there is enough O&D demand for DL to add SEA-CMH nonstop service if AS does not start service out of CMH. I am actually expecting DL to still be adding more nonstop routes out of SEA since DL is still expanding at SEA.

I agree that the lack of CMH-SLC nonstop service is also a huge hole since DL already has nonstop service to its SLC hub from many other Midwestern destinations, including ORD, CVG, CLE, DSM, DTW, IND, MCI, MSN, MKE, MSP, OMA, RAP, and STL. In addition, DL also has nonstop service from its SLC hub to some smaller regional destinations in the Pacific Northwest and Mountain West that aren't served nonstop from MSP or DTW, and DL will be able to provide improved connectivity to the Western U.S. from CMH when it resumes CMH-SLC nonstop service.

papatango

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm

What about AMS??????

DeltaRules

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:

I don't think it's implausible. I looked at the LAX/SEA map in Sky last week and the only cities East of the Mississippi which don't have both are MEM and CMH (both are LAX-only). A friend I asked about SEA thought it was two years away, last year.

I wonder if they'd publicly announce the two together, even though we already know SLC is coming.

papatango wrote:
What about AMS??????

Go back about a page. Rumor is if it happens, the destination is AMS, but the person I talked to doesn't know when/if it'll happen.

brooklynchris13

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:

I don't think it's implausible. I looked at the LAX/SEA map in Sky last week and the only cities East of the Mississippi which don't have both are MEM and CMH (both are LAX-only). A friend I asked about SEA thought it was two years away, last year.

I wonder if they'd publicly announce the two together, even though we already know SLC is coming.

papatango wrote:
What about AMS??????

Go back about a page. Rumor is if it happens, the destination is AMS, but the person I talked to doesn't know when/if it'll happen.

Makes sense. I am also hearing a lot of talk about the Amazon "thing". It may be about to get very very real in CMH- and we are already one of the hottest housing markets in the US.

ncflyer

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:23 pm

an Indy person will know the specifics but I have to assume the deal they struck with delta for cDG is going to set the bar higher for other cities of comparable size. After all it’s not “can AMS be flown profitably from CMH”. It’s “is it the next Most profitable use of an available plane”. Is CMH ready to pony up?

SgtBarone

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Looks like Delta has downgauged CAK-ATL to one daily MD-88 (early morning departure) and two daily CR9's (Endeavor Air).

marvinanderson1

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 am

Maybe its just seasonal, it seems to go back and forth. Looks like AA is somewhat popular and steady on CAK- CLT with many routes going south. I wonder if CLT is growing more popular in general as a Southern terminus to Florida and the Caribbeans ?

ChasChandler

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:02 am

Getting back to LCk for just a minute. When the Air Force gave Lockbourne to Franklin County in a downsizing move back in the 80's, LCK became one of the hottest cargo airports in the country. In addition to FedEx and UPS, you had Flying Tigers, Southern Air, Evergreen and several other airlines flying a massive amount of cargo through the airport. There was so much activity at the airport, the Franklin Co drew up plans to expand the airport with 5 more 11,000 runways, each spaced one mile apart with infill being warehousing, industrial, and manufacturing. Jumbo's could virtually pull right up to the facility. The plan called for an enormous amount of land to be bought in Pickaway Co and there were township meetings all over the place asking what was happening.
The real surprise was there were plans to move passenger service form CMH to a brand new terminal at LCK. Legislators from the state in budget meetings cancelled a one million dollar landscaping contract for CMH with the feeling being, why spend the money since the airport was going to move soon. It was all set to make LCK a regional if not national airport power and then it happened. The economy went south. Air cargo companies like Souther and Flying Tigers went out of business and seemingly overnight, LCK became a ghost town. The expansion plans where put on the shelf, never again to see the light of day. Fast forward to today, it's truly remarkable to see the rebirth of LCK and the growth over the last couple of years. But I don't think passenger service will ever be a major force at LCK.

DeltaRules

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:31 am

ncflyer wrote:
an Indy person will know the specifics but I have to assume the deal they struck with delta for cDG is going to set the bar higher for other cities of comparable size. After all it’s not “can AMS be flown profitably from CMH”. It’s “is it the next Most profitable use of an available plane”. Is CMH ready to pony up?

My concern is will oil get to the point at which airlines (DL) decides the juice isn't worth the squeeze on some of the P2P routes and stop adding them (and, if so, will CMH miss the boat) or is guaranteed money guaranteed money at the end of the day?

AirportRival

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:59 am

ChasChandler wrote:
Getting back to LCk for just a minute. When the Air Force gave Lockbourne to Franklin County in a downsizing move back in the 80's, LCK became one of the hottest cargo airports in the country. In addition to FedEx and UPS, you had Flying Tigers, Southern Air, Evergreen and several other airlines flying a massive amount of cargo through the airport. There was so much activity at the airport, the Franklin Co drew up plans to expand the airport with 5 more 11,000 runways, each spaced one mile apart with infill being warehousing, industrial, and manufacturing. Jumbo's could virtually pull right up to the facility. The plan called for an enormous amount of land to be bought in Pickaway Co and there were township meetings all over the place asking what was happening.
The real surprise was there were plans to move passenger service form CMH to a brand new terminal at LCK. Legislators from the state in budget meetings cancelled a one million dollar landscaping contract for CMH with the feeling being, why spend the money since the airport was going to move soon. It was all set to make LCK a regional if not national airport power and then it happened. The economy went south. Air cargo companies like Souther and Flying Tigers went out of business and seemingly overnight, LCK became a ghost town. The expansion plans where put on the shelf, never again to see the light of day. Fast forward to today, it's truly remarkable to see the rebirth of LCK and the growth over the last couple of years. But I don't think passenger service will ever be a major force at LCK.

Very Interesting. I didn't know any of that. Thank you for sharing.

cvgComair

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Jetblue has ordered up to 120 A220's (60 firm + 60 options). Per JetBlue, "The aircraft also opens the door to new markets and routes that would have been unprofitable with JetBlue’s existing fleet." Seems like CVG/CMH/IND would be great route candidates for these airplanes.

How cool would it be to see A220s in both DL/B6 liveries in Ohio! I cannot wait for this plane to arrive at DL this fall!

cvgComair

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Vacation express is adding seasonal Cincinnati to San Jose del Cabo flights starting May 26, 2019. It has been over 10 years since DL ended its flights to SJD, so nice to see it back!

jplatts

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

The article titled "Delta to cut flights amid rising jet fuel costs" in the Washington Examiner said that "The airline [Delta Air Lines] will focus its capacity cuts in markets where higher fuel costs cannot be offset with increased ticket costs, Delta president Glen Hauenstein told investors."

Will DL be making any capacity cuts at CVG in response to higher fuel costs?

Jshank83

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:14 pm

jplatts wrote:
The article titled "Delta to cut flights amid rising jet fuel costs" in the Washington Examiner said that "The airline [Delta Air Lines] will focus its capacity cuts in markets where higher fuel costs cannot be offset with increased ticket costs, Delta president Glen Hauenstein told investors."

They haven't said so no one knows.

tphuang

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 pm

jplatts wrote:

That’s laughable. They can’t see increase fares in markets where they face the most competition like jfk lax sea and bos. They are not cutting capacity there. The places where they dominate and don’t have to worry about competitors making a move. So yes, cvg could face cuts.

cvgComair

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Potentially exciting for CVG, as DHL has ordered 14 new 777Fs. Seems like they are increasingly pushing the 747s on domestic routes for extra capacity while relying on the 777 for international routes. Perhaps we could see some new intl cargo routes open up from CVG? http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-16- ... Freighters

cvgComair

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 am

CVG June numbers are out, 4297028 pax YTD, up 10.61% for May and 17.05% YTD.

Growth has definitely slowed now that WN has been service for a complete year. Given G4/F9 upcoming fleet shortages and subsequent reductions at CVG this fall, growth is going to taper more than expected. Given that, I do not expect to hit 9 million this year, ~8.6/8.7 million is probably more realistic now.

cvgComair

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:10 am

F9 has restored CVG-PHX nonstop service effective 11/6, 4xwk A320. Nice to see that the route will not be ending after all.

SAN appears to be going year-round as well.

ADrum23

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm

cvgComair wrote:

Growth has definitely slowed now that WN has been service for a complete year. Given G4/F9 upcoming fleet shortages and subsequent reductions at CVG this fall, growth is going to taper more than expected. Given that, I do not expect to hit 9 million this year, ~8.6/8.7 million is probably more realistic now.

That’s too bad, but with higher fuel prices and the erratic schedules of F9 and G4, is that really surprising? Hopefully WN adds more destinations in the coming years to pick up the slack, along with continued DL expansion.

DeltaRules

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 am

I saw an article earlier about Moxy and the A220 where they more specifically named the types of airports the airline would like to serve: PVD, SFB, PIE, IWA, SWF, TTN, among others: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 791464002/

If they're going that secondary in many cases, I wonder if they use DAY as an alternate to both Columbus and Cincinnati. It's strange to think of Dayton having a secondary airport, but if they combine the markets DFW-style in 2020 as some seem to think might happen, it'd add to it.

ChasChandler wrote:

Wow, thanks for posting this. I'd love to see some concept drawings of what that might have looked like.

Buckeyetech

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 pm

So my wife and I are looking into CVG-EDI, and EDI-MUC round trip in a couple of years. I assumed Wow Air would be the way to go, and I was really excited about maybe spending a day in Iceland, however I’d almost rather deal with the hassle of connecting in Dulles rather than a 19 hour layover in Reykjavik. Thoughts?

jplatts

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Will AA ever add CAK-DFW nonstop service? CAK is only one of 4 U.S. airports that has nonstop service to IAH on UA but no nonstop service to DFW on any airline. AA is also already at CAK with nonstop service to ORD, CLT, LGA, PHL, and DCA. AA's home base is also at DFW, and AA would be able to provide connectivity to many of the same places that UA does from CAK if AA adds CAK-DFW nonstop service.

Jshank83

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:02 pm

jplatts wrote:
Will AA ever add CAK-DFW nonstop service? CAK is only one of 4 U.S. airports that has nonstop service to IAH on UA but no nonstop service to DFW on any airline. AA is also already at CAK with nonstop service to ORD, CLT, LGA, PHL, and DCA. AA's home base is also at DFW, and AA would be able to provide connectivity to many of the same places that UA does from CAK if AA adds CAK-DFW nonstop service.

Can you narrow down your question from ever. 1 year? 3? 5? Ever is a long time

jplatts

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Can you narrow down your question from ever. 1 year? 3? 5? Ever is a long time

Will AA add CAK-DFW nonstop service within the next 3 years?

CLEguy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 am

cvgComair wrote:

FYI: Year-to-date CLE has welcomed 4,671,689 guests to the airport, which is a 7.68 percent increase over 2017. CLE is predicting 9.6 million pax by year end.

marvinanderson1

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:03 am

I believe AA will add CAK-DFW nonstop within a year. Just a hunch.

marvinanderson1

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:04 am

I believe AA will add CAK-DFW nonstop within a year. Just a hunch.

brooklynchris13

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:41 pm

**Important CMH Milestone**. From the agenda of next week's meeting:

"With nearly 751,000 passengers traveling through John Glenn International, June was the busiest month in CMH’s history. June also marks the end of the busiest first six months ever at CMH. Passenger activity at Rickenbacker is also performing at an all-time high, up 22 percent in the first half of 2018 versus 2017."

Air Canada (3.4% ); Delta (5.9%); Southwest (7.4% ); and United(7.7%) saw increases at CMH. While American had a very slight decrease (.02%) and Frontier had a huge (but not shocking) decrease. (51.%). Spirit was just under 32,000 passengers for the month. American and Delta both had fewer operations for the month, so the Delta pattern of a slight decrease in flights but increase in aircraft size (739 to MSP!) continues.

Given the trends, unless something happens with the economy, it looks increasingly likely that CMH will pass 8 million passengers this year.

At LCK, both Allegiant's passenger operations and the cargo operations showed very positive gains with cargo up 25% and passenger traffic up 11.7%. Allegiant is just above Spirit in passenger numbers.

Agenda with numbers is here:
https://columbusairports.com/storage/pr ... -final.pdf

NoTime

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:41 pm

I believe one of our resident CMH-posters is a member of the Columbus Metropolitan Club... perhaps they were in attendance and can share some additional info.

A leg connecting John Glenn Columbus International Airport and Rickenbacker International Airport is in contention for the first “proof of concept” short track for Virgin Hyperloop One’s international operations.

And if it's going to the expense to build that much track, it should become a segment of a fully functioning route later on, he said Wednesday at the Columbus Metropolitan Club forum.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/ne ... cargo.html

I remain decidedly unconvinced about the viability of the project, but I'm always interested in hearing how it's progressing.

cledaybuck

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:28 pm

NoTime wrote:
I believe one of our resident CMH-posters is a member of the Columbus Metropolitan Club... perhaps they were in attendance and can share some additional info.

A leg connecting John Glenn Columbus International Airport and Rickenbacker International Airport is in contention for the first “proof of concept” short track for Virgin Hyperloop One’s international operations.

And if it's going to the expense to build that much track, it should become a segment of a fully functioning route later on, he said Wednesday at the Columbus Metropolitan Club forum.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/ne ... cargo.html

I remain decidedly unconvinced about the viability of the project, but I'm always interested in hearing how it's progressing.
Of all the places to connect, why CMH-LCK?

ChasChandler

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Here is the Metro Club YouTube link discussing Hyperloop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXmIdS9qFYM

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos