Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ADrum23

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 am

Jshank83 wrote:
marvinanderson1 wrote:
I believe that it is time that CVG has its own discussion forum. I would estimate that 75 per cent of the Ohio discussion forum is CVG centered. And that is not a negative but a positive observation. CVG truly has a lot going for itself at this time with DL, F9,and G4 very active in this market. Just my observation.

I actually was going to say this same thing the other day but never got around to it. I think CVG and CMH should just get their own threads. They are both big enough and get enough chatter on here for their own. Rest of Ohio can be smaller airports.

The funny thing is, CVG is not even in Ohio. I think CVG should get its own thread, but CMH and CLE can stay here.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:36 am

ADrum23 wrote:

The funny thing is, CVG is not even in Ohio. I think CVG should get its own thread, but CMH and CLE can stay here.

I have always laughed about CVG being in this thread (although I get why it is). CLE already has its own thread, which is why I kind of though CVG and CMH need to split up out of this.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 am

Jshank83 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I have always laughed about CVG being in this thread (although I get why it is). CLE already has its own thread, which is why I kind of though CVG and CMH need to split up out of this.
The reason I started this series of threads was because CLE had their own and the rest of the state didn't.

I'm fine with sharing.

AirportRival

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Speaking of CVG, I found out that the international gate that will become common use is B9. It will lose all Delta branding in time for WOW.

And WOW's ticket counter space will be at the far East end of Delta's current space. So in summary, Delta will lose a total of 6 gates in Concourse B and 4 ticket counter spaces by May but it doesn't seem they are cutting back on any flights.

StuckinCMHland

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I understand your point, however, the C in CVG does not stand for Closplint, KY :scratchchin:

papatango

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:25 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I understand your point, however, the C in CVG does not stand for Closplint, KY :scratchchin:

It stands for Covington, Ky

brooklynchris13

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 pm

Although I too get frustrated at sometimes at the lack of CMH related stuff and the overabundance of information on CVG (did we ever find out if the new Cinnabon was going to go next to escalator 4 or elevator 2?) I actually like having CMH and CVG and all the rest together. I loved how large this thread became at the end of 2017 and I think it sends a good message to the rest of the A-Netters about just how much does go in with aviation in this state. Yes, it has been CVGs turn lately (are the parking spots in the new garage going to be diagonal or straight in, did we find out about that) but I know that there will soon come a day when JPlatts gets his wish, Southwest connects CMH to every single other southwest station with a non-stop flight, we get service to AMS, LHR, CDG, and KEF (probably on the same day) and things even out a bit. Till then I really feel sorry for the people on here who are fans of HTS(?!) have we ever even talked about them? On that note, what is replacing the DH8s into there for AA? I assume CR2s? Have a good day all and remember, the C in CMH does not stand for Cincinnati either. ;-)

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:04 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Although I too get frustrated at sometimes at the lack of CMH related stuff and the overabundance of information on CVG (did we ever find out if the new Cinnabon was going to go next to escalator 4 or elevator 2?) I actually like having CMH and CVG and all the rest together. I loved how large this thread became at the end of 2017 and I think it sends a good message to the rest of the A-Netters about just how much does go in with aviation in this state. Yes, it has been CVGs turn lately (are the parking spots in the new garage going to be diagonal or straight in, did we find out about that) but I know that there will soon come a day when JPlatts gets his wish, Southwest connects CMH to every single other southwest station with a non-stop flight, we get service to AMS, LHR, CDG, and KEF (probably on the same day) and things even out a bit. Till then I really feel sorry for the people on here who are fans of HTS(?!) have we ever even talked about them? On that note, what is replacing the DH8s into there for AA? I assume CR2s? Have a good day all and remember, the C in CMH does not stand for Cincinnati either. ;-)

I'm fine with the ebbs and flows of posting about the various airports in one thread because it basically goes off what's going on at each airport at a given time. CMH/LCK have been a bit quieter comparatively with things that go on than CVG, but that stepped up in the second half of last year with DL explicitly named as a potential partner for TATL (and the mistaken rumor about a CMH-AMS announcement I received but, hey, something to talk about, right?), OneJet starting, and NK announcing 7 destinations out of the gate when nobody thought they'd even come here to begin with. I'm hoping Nardone gives us more to talk about; I sort of feel like SLC might be on the horizon given PIT getting it (they lost it around the same time CMH did) and the intel from the SLC poster a few pages back.

I'm fine keeping things the way they are, especially since the one-stop shop allows me to keep up with what's going on at CVG, which I otherwise might not do. I pop into the CLE, PIT, and IND threads from time-to-time, but not regularly.

It basically comes down to "Let's have one big thread about airports other than CLE" or you break it up and hope CMH/LCK/DAY/TOL/CAK/YNG/HTS/PKB (since we "adopted" the last two) have enough news to support a thread. In spite of the great participation we get from TOLTommy, ynguins, and the CMH crew talking about their respective airports, I don't know if it can happen and, fair warning mods, there might be lots of double posts on my part to keep it alive; it took me three tries to get this to where it is.
Last edited by DeltaRules on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
I know that there will soon come a day when JPlatts gets his wish, Southwest connects CMH to every single other southwest station with a non-stop flight

This line made my day.... lol

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
I know that there will soon come a day when JPlatts gets his wish, Southwest connects CMH to every single other southwest station with a non-stop flight

I somehow feel like CVG's going to bear the brunt of that discussion if we split up the threads seeing as there's a lot more WN growin' to do at CVG. We might as well ride it out together. :lol: ;)

SumChristianus

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
I know that there will soon come a day when JPlatts gets his wish, Southwest connects CMH to every single other southwest station with a non-stop fligh
t

There is significant demand from CMH to IND, DTW, CLE, PIT, and DAY. WN is the largest carrier at IND, CMH, and PIT, and second largest at CLE. Will WN add nonstop service from CMH to IND, DTW, CLE, PIT, and DAY. WN can connect passengers from CMH to LAX and MCI through IND and by introducing nonstop service from DAY to CMH can connect DAY passengers from DAY to WN destinations east and south of CMH. PIT passengers can be connected through CMH to OAK on WN and by introdcuing CMH to IND and PIT service, WN can connect passengers from IND to STL, DAY, DTW, and PIT, while providing additional connecting options for travelers in each city.

Will WN add nonstop service from CMH to DAY, DTW, CLE, IND, and PIT? :smile:

Seriously, I think CVG should have its own thread. CMH claims DAY as part of its catchment area, but could be part of a thread for either in a way. To be legalistic, CVG is in KY.
Lousiville, should have a thread too, I don't know it doesn't. Maybe a KY (CVG+LEX+SDF) and an Ohio (CMH+TOL+DAY+CAK) system would work?

Did I match his style?
Sorry, though, I sometimes write funny to.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:23 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:

There is significant demand from CMH to IND, DTW, CLE, PIT, and DAY. WN is the largest carrier at IND, CMH, and PIT, and second largest at CLE. Will WN add nonstop service from CMH to IND, DTW, CLE, PIT, and DAY. WN can connect passengers from CMH to LAX and MCI through IND and by introducing nonstop service from DAY to CMH can connect DAY passengers from DAY to WN destinations east and south of CMH. PIT passengers can be connected through CMH to OAK on WN and by introdcuing CMH to IND and PIT service, WN can connect passengers from IND to STL, DAY, DTW, and PIT, while providing additional connecting options for travelers in each city.

Seriously, I think CVG should have its own thread. CMH claims DAY as part of its catchment area, but could be part of a thread for either in a way. To be legalistic, CVG is in KY.
Lousiville, should have a thread too, I don't know it doesn't. Maybe a KY (CVG+LEX+SDF) and an Ohio (CMH+TOL+DAY+CAK) system would work?

Did I match his style?

1) You forgot to mention KL also runs DTW-CDG and WN runs OAK-LAS and those somehow could be used to route passengers from CVG.

2) Or we could leave it as it is it's simpler (and I think I'm about the only DAY poster and it's easier to post in one thread), encourages participation when there's a notification that somebody's posted and, if we really want to be pedantic, LUK is on Ohio soil. ;)
Last edited by DeltaRules on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm

cvgComair wrote:
AirportRival wrote:
Speaking of CVG, I found out that the international gate that will become common use is B9. It will lose all Delta branding in time for WOW.

And WOW's ticket counter space will be at the far East end of Delta's current space. So in summary, Delta will lose a total of 6 gates in Concourse B and 4 ticket counter spaces by May but it doesn't seem they are cutting back on any flights.

Do you know of the charters will move to B9 as well, it would make sense to give them a dedicated gate. B is still very underused, of course it fills at peak times, but it can be configured for up to 39 gates with the RJ stands. If needed, DL could easily be back at 28-30 gates. I find it interesting that WOW is getting dedicated counter space, since their flights leave so late at night, I assumed they would just use the normal charter counters on the non-DL side. No wonder all the concessions are coming to B, with AA moving there, DL with over 10% seat increase, and WOW, it is going to be much busier than it has been in years.

I'm guessing WOW might want whatever advertising they might get from having a permanently-branded counter? John Q. Public probably doesn't know Sunwing operates to CMH by way of Vacation Express (the only trace is a sizewise at C47), but he can see OneJet does on the way to the DL counter with their tiny slot.

This is a perfect example of why I'd like to keep one thread, by the way.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm

AirportRival wrote:

Do you know of the charters will move to B9 as well, it would make sense to give them a dedicated gate. B is still very underused, of course it fills at peak times, but it can be configured for up to 39 gates with the RJ stands. If needed, DL could easily be back at 28-30 gates. I find it interesting that WOW is getting dedicated counter space, since their flights leave so late at night, I assumed they would just use the normal charter counters on the non-DL side. No wonder all the concessions are coming to B, with AA moving there, DL with over 10% seat increase, and WOW, it is going to be much busier than it has been in years.

SumChristianus

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm

Just for kicks, with the CVG upgauges for DL and their growth in the general area, how about 3x daily CRJ IND-CVG? Highly unlikely, but maybe only a little more outrageous than AAs 6x daily ER4s PHL-JFK?

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Just for kicks, with the CVG upgauges for DL and their growth in the general area, how about 3x daily CRJ IND-CVG? Highly unlikely, but maybe only a little more outrageous than AAs 6x daily ER4s PHL-JFK?

I would love to see CMH-CVG come back but I know it also has a snowball's chance.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:

Did I match his style?

Maybe you are jplatts! This is way too close...

SumChristianus

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Did I match his style?

Maybe you are jplatts! This is way too close...

I was that good at it ! ?

These are my CMH predictions though:
AS CMH-SEA: Daily on an a (proudly all Boeing) A319
DL CMH-SLC: Daily on a CS100 or A319
UA CMH-SFO: Daily on an A319
WN CMH-LAX: Daily on a B737-700
WW CMH-KEF: 4x weekly on an A321 OR FI B73H 4x a week...
The Midwest is probably way oversaturated with KEF service, though now.
If DL did a transatlantic service from CMH it would probably be 50/50 AMS or CDG on a B757, though an LCC to KEF may bemore likely.
LUK-CHS, LUK-LAS?, LUK-SRQ, and LUK-PBI could eventually come on G4. It'll be interesting to see the G4/NK interaction, as NK seems to do better in large markets, and G4 on routes without NK, mostly smaller markets.
Florida and LAS will get pretty competitive. Doesn't G4 alrady serve MYR also? Both of them on the same city pair seems a lot for a market the size of CMH.

cledaybuck

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
This post is great, and I agree about having them all together. As someone who lives in the Dayton area and uses CVG, DAY, and CMH, it is nice have them together.

flyguy89

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:28 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Did I match his style?

1) You forgot to mention KL also runs DTW-CDG and WN runs OAK-LAS and those somehow could be used to route passengers from CVG.

2) Or we could leave it as it is it's simpler (and I think I'm about the only DAY poster and it's easier to post in one thread), encourages participation when there's a notification that somebody's posted and, if we really want to be pedantic, LUK is on Ohio soil. ;)

Agree with DeltaRules. I know I've also tried in the past to start CVG-only threads which fizzled out. To my mind, this has been the strongest and longest-running Ohio airports thread...we finally seemed to find a formula that works, so why fix what isn't broke? Plus I also enjoy keep tabs on the goings-on of the other Ohio airports...as mentioned, the discussion topics simply ebb and flow with the action taking place at the respective airports. I know there have certainly been times over the past year and a half where things at CVG have been quiet while CMH is popping...just depends on what's happening and if there actually is news to discuss.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:38 pm

SumChristianus wrote:

If DL did a transatlantic service from CMH it would probably be 50/50 AMS or CDG on a B757, though an LCC to KEF may bemore likely.

I think if CMH gets KEF it will be on Icelandair. WOW has it pretty surrounded at CLE,CVG,PIT so I think it is less likely to start than Icelandair.

brooklynchris13

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

SumChristianus wrote:

Well back in the day we had multiple mainline flights from CMH to CVG (75s, 72s, etc.)

As for the JFK to PHL flights, that actually makes sense to me given the connection opportunities at PHL for either passengers bound to NYC or for passengers from JFK headed to places that are connected to PHL. At one point, as you probably know, US had 15 or so flights from LGA to PHL for the same reason. Yes, they were a little bit of slot sitting but every time I was on one it was very full.

jplatts

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Will WN add nonstop service from CMH to DAY, DTW, CLE, IND, and PIT?

WN has pulled out of DAY and has no plans to restart service out of DAY anytime soon. In addition, DAY, CVG, and CLE are all too close to CMH for WN to even consider serving DAY, CVG, and CLE nonstop from CMH.

While WN operates the MDW-GRR, HOU-AUS, and ATL-GSP nonstop routes, which are approximately the same distance as CMH-DTW and CMH-PIT nonstop routes would be, WN is unlikely to ever serve DTW or PIT nonstop from CMH. In addition, WN also already has nonstop service from PIT to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from CMH.

While IND might be far enough from CMH for WN to possibly consider serving IND nonstop from CMH if the demand was there for IND-CMH nonstop service, WN is unlikely to add IND-CMH nonstop service with Indianapolis being within a 3-hour drive of Columbus, with WN already having nonstop service from CMH to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from IND, and with WN already having nonstop service from IND to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from CMH. WN's shorter distance routes are also usually to or from WN stations that are much bigger than IND or CMH.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
LUK-CHS, LUK-LAS?, LUK-SRQ, and LUK-PBI could eventually come on G4. It'll be interesting to see the G4/NK interaction, as NK seems to do better in large markets, and G4 on routes without NK, mostly smaller markets.
Florida and LAS will get pretty competitive. Doesn't G4 alrady serve MYR also? Both of them on the same city pair seems a lot for a market the size of CMH.

Do you mean LCK :-)?

SumChristianus

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 pm

cvgComair wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Sorry, yes

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 pm

SumChristianus wrote:

I never thought of CMH-SEA being on an AS A319. If somebody reeeeeeeeally wants to have a sense of humor, the inaugural could be on one of the A319s VX leased to Skybus...

WW and FI both passed on CMH according to the Dispatch, but you never know what might happen. I still think it'll be DL if/when it happens.

SumChristianus wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Sorry, yes

I agree with those and figure AZA might be a possibility, too. I'm surprised G4 hasn't gone west from LCK. I'd look at CVG for possibilities for LCK, especially vacation destinations. It was noticeable for a while that PIT/IND/CVG would get a new destination which they'd later add to LCK (JAX was one). (Some of them they included LCK in the initial launch, like MSY.)

Jshank83

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 pm

jplatts wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
Will WN add nonstop service from CMH to DAY, DTW, CLE, IND, and PIT?

WN has pulled out of DAY and has no plans to restart service out of DAY anytime soon. In addition, DAY, CVG, and CLE are all too close to CMH for WN to even consider serving DAY, CVG, and CLE nonstop from CMH.

While WN operates the MDW-GRR, HOU-AUS, and ATL-GSP nonstop routes, which are approximately the same distance as CMH-DTW and CMH-PIT nonstop routes would be, WN is unlikely to ever serve DTW or PIT nonstop from CMH. In addition, WN also already has nonstop service from PIT to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from CMH.

While IND might be far enough from CMH for WN to possibly consider serving IND nonstop from CMH if the demand was there for IND-CMH nonstop service, WN is unlikely to add IND-CMH nonstop service with Indianapolis being within a 3-hour drive of Columbus, with WN already having nonstop service from CMH to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from IND, and with WN already having nonstop service from IND to most of the destinations that it serves nonstop from CMH. WN's shorter distance routes are also usually to or from WN stations that are much bigger than IND or CMH.

haha. This reply makes things even better

flyinryan99

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

SumChristianus wrote:

I like the idea of using an A319 by AS to SEA from CMH. Furthermore, I would think they would need to bridge crews/planes from SFO somehow...so I would think AS could add 1x SFO and 1x SEA. Maybe a schedule like:

SEA - CMH
8:30a - 3:55p

CMH - SFO
4:45p - 6:45p

SFO - CMH
9:45a - 5:15p

CMH - SEA
6:00p - 7:50p

Could kill a couple of birds with one stone. Then again, I'm sure that would really draw a response from UA too.

jplatts

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:31 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

I never thought of CMH-SEA being on an AS A319. If somebody reeeeeeeeally wants to have a sense of humor, the inaugural could be on one of the A319s VX leased to Skybus...

AS does have Boeing 737-700 planes in its fleet, and AS could also operate CMH-SEA on a Boeing 737-700.

DeltaRules wrote:
I agree with those and figure AZA might be a possibility, too. I'm surprised G4 hasn't gone west from LCK. I'd look at CVG for possibilities for LCK, especially vacation destinations. It was noticeable for a while that PIT/IND/CVG would get a new destination which they'd later add to LCK (JAX was one). (Some of them they included LCK in the initial launch, like MSY.)

WN is going to be adding a 2nd daily nonstop flight in each direction between CMH and PHX starting on June 7th. I am unsure if the demand is actually there for G4 LCK-AZA nonstop service with WN adding an additional daily nonstop between CMH and PHX.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

jplatts wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

AS does have Boeing 737-700 planes in its fleet, and AS could also operate CMH-SEA on a Boeing 737-700.

Very true, but the point I was making was VX, when it was having trouble getting started, leased N521VA and N522VA to Skybus. 521 was the Spirit of Columbus, while 522 was the Nationwide billboard plane. Those planes finding their way back to CMH would be an interesting twist.

brooklynchris13

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
jplatts wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Very true, but the point I was making was VX, when it was having trouble getting started, leased N521VA and N522VA to Skybus. 521 was the Spirit of Columbus, while 522 was the Nationwide billboard plane. Those planes finding their way back to CMH would be an interesting twist.

Especially if they get to use jet bridges this time! :-) Speaking of CMH, now that we have somewhat firmly established that NK will be at the end of B, does anyone know if B36 is getting its bridge back so they can work (2) a/c simultaneously? I realize that running (7) flights a day out of one gate is not impossible, but it pretty much maxes them out with no spare room. All it takes is a single maintenance issue or weather and it could get a little crazed at that end. On a related note, I wonder where WN will park their RON aircraft that is always at B36 in the very early am? I am still shocked that they have not put A1 back in service yet given how many WN 737s spend their night at CMH.

boscmh

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Yes, it'll be interesting to see if NK stakes a claim to B35 alone or also takes B36. FWIW, they have 7 destinations, but mostly won't fly them all at the same time. RSW and TPA are seasonal Nov-April, with MYR and MSY filling in during the summer. There might be some overlap in there where they're all operating, but I haven't looked at the schedules that closely. I think they could handle it out of one gate, but if they have an eye towards any future expansion may want two to start.

Also what are the open gates in C? I know C46 which is for "international arrivals," but is DL using either C49 or C50?

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Especially if they get to use jet bridges this time! :-) Speaking of CMH, now that we have somewhat firmly established that NK will be at the end of B, does anyone know if B36 is getting its bridge back so they can work (2) a/c simultaneously? I realize that running (7) flights a day out of one gate is not impossible, but it pretty much maxes them out with no spare room. All it takes is a single maintenance issue or weather and it could get a little crazed at that end. On a related note, I wonder where WN will park their RON aircraft that is always at B36 in the very early am? I am still shocked that they have not put A1 back in service yet given how many WN 737s spend their night at CMH.

boscmh wrote:
Yes, it'll be interesting to see if NK stakes a claim to B35 alone or also takes B36. FWIW, they have 7 destinations, but mostly won't fly them all at the same time. RSW and TPA are seasonal Nov-April, with MYR and MSY filling in during the summer. There might be some overlap in there where they're all operating, but I haven't looked at the schedules that closely. I think they could handle it out of one gate, but if they have an eye towards any future expansion may want two to start.

Also what are the open gates in C? I know C46 which is for "international arrivals," but is DL using either C49 or C50?

NK will be running five destinations at any given time year round, with a tiny bit of overlap (about three weeks) where all seven will operate during late March and early April. The two seasonal Florida destinations resume the day after MYR and MSY end.

DL has signage and monitors at C49 and C50, but they're not DL-branded podiums and they don't use them as often as they do C51 and beyond. I flew out of C50 in June on the way to ATL.

AirportRival

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 pm

cvgComair wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

I believe the plan is for all non Delta international flights to go to B9. Of course there would have to be some adjustments if there are two at the same time.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 pm

AirportRival wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

I believe the plan is for all non Delta international flights to go to B9. Of course there would have to be some adjustments if there are two at the same time.

B6 and 9 are the gates DL allows for other carriers to access for international flights, so my guess is that overflow will go to B6. I believe B6 is limited to 767 or smaller and B9 is 747 or smaller (per DL’s rules), makes sense that they are using B9 in case BA or any other international carrier comes to CVG.

cvgComair

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:34 am

The DL Sky Magazine for February has CVG-AUS listed in blue! Exciting to see a blue line from CVG in the magazine, it has been forever!

ADrum23

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 am

cvgComair wrote:
The DL Sky Magazine for February has CVG-AUS listed in blue! Exciting to see a blue line from CVG in the magazine, it has been forever!

Any word on the rumored CVG announcement?

Midwestindy

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:42 am

cvgComair wrote:

Is it updated online, or only in the seatback?

cvgComair

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Any word on the rumored CVG announcement?

Nothing that I have heard. That said, I don't know anyone internal at CVG and I am not an employee at CVG, so I am not a great source for rumors. It certainly is curious that nothing official has been released by DL (or CVG and AUS airports for that matter), I am very curious to hear what the "more exciting news" is. If anything is actually happening next week, we will probably see it this Saturday in the schedule update. Regardless of that, usually the word about announcements gets out ahead of time, wether that is the local news or someone on here with ties to CVG.

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

It was updated on the digital and print version of Sky for February. The generic route maps on DL.com have not been updated yet.
Last edited by cvgComair on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midwestindy

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 am

cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

It was updated on the digital and print version of Sky for February. The generic route maps on DL.com have not been updated yet.

Gotcha, sorry for the image size

SumChristianus

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:47 am

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

CVG-GRR is still on the map! :smile:
I highly doubt that is still served....

cvgComair

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:50 am

SumChristianus wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

CVG-GRR is still on the map! :smile:
I highly doubt that is still served....

Right now they have CVG-PHX/RIC/GRR/PIT/MSN, MEM-RDU/IND listed, none of which are served, plus it its missing CVG-DCA. I was surprised they actually got around to taking CVG-MEM off.

One of these days I would like to figure out how let DL know they need to change this, but their contact us form is pretty useless.

DeltaRules

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:26 pm

LGA-DAB is still on the DL map, too.

Spirit gave the first 91 people to order a special Spirit plane donut at Buckeye Donuts in Columbus a $200 travel voucher.

http://www.dispatch.com/business/201801 ... t-thursday

There's also an online contest for two r/t tickets to any CMH destination on NK, with an additional chance to win tickets to MCO, FLL, and LAS for people who go to NK's counter at CMH during specified times on the first day of operations which seem tied to check-in times for those cities. The latter seems...interesting for a first day of an operation?

flymco753

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
The latter seems...interesting for a first day of an operation?
I could easily see CMH being as large as BWI if not, bigger because what ULCC competition is there really to offer at CMH? F9 offers a lot of seasonal flying, stuff that NK can win over, that's how NK won DTW. NK can easily become the 2nd largest carrier at CMH behind WN in the future as the airline matures and grows. While I don't see CMH becoming the size of DTW, LAS or FLL, I definitely see a possible focus city in store if NK is successful at CMH.

DeltaRules

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm

flymco753 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
I could easily see CMH being as large as BWI if not, bigger because what ULCC competition is there really to offer at CMH? F9 offers a lot of seasonal flying, stuff that NK can win over, that's how NK won DTW. NK can easily become the 2nd largest carrier at CMH behind WN in the future as the airline matures and grows. While I don't see CMH becoming the size of DTW, LAS or FLL, I definitely see a possible focus city in store if NK is successful at CMH.

The fact somebody between CRAA and F9 got the latter to move to C is interesting to me because it's now very possible NK could wind up with two gates (B35 and B36), even if they don't start with them. I'm not familiar with NK's ops so I'm not sure how many flights they could run out of two gates, but they'll be starting with 7 out of presumably one. Point is, there could be room to grow (and both 35 and 36 have two parking lines, so they could theoretically RON 4 planes- NW used to have a DC-9 and A319 at B35 and would swing the jetway over to the second plane after the first left).

F9 seems weak at CMH, though I'd imagine both could hold their own. The bigger battle could be NK vs G4 but, even then, G4 has seemed to go such gangbusters at LCK that maybe they could coexist somehow- there's definite overlap but G4 has a few dots on the map they serve which NK doesn't/probably wouldn't (and vice versa). (Honestly, as a frequent DAB visitor, G4 to SFB would actually benefit me more than F9/NK at MCO in the ULCC Wars, but the Mouse will command traffic.) Also, I can't help but notice in your BWI comparison that SAN and SEA, two CMH targets, are served.

NK's efforts to get their name out there definitely seem unique as compared to other entrants which have come and gone. I can't remember B6, F9, or J1 doing anything special to drum up publicity. I seem to remember G4 doing something, but can't remember what and I don't think it was as big. They (NK) even put thought into the number 91 (seven Baker's Dozens for seven destinations, 7x13=91). Donuts for vouchers is akin to Skybus taping SX butterfly logo stickers to the bottoms of randomly selected seats at the last Columbus Blue Jackets game of the 2006-07 season which were promoted in-arena and redeemable for travel vouchers.

DeltaRules

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 pm

boscmh wrote:

Here's DL's gate usage for the rest of today as of 11:55am (flights in parentheses left earlier and I'm using FlightAware/Delta.com to determine usage, so it's incomplete):
C49- 0 (1; LGA 6am departure)
C50- 0 (1; MSP 6am hour departure)
C51- 3 (2)
C52- 2
C53- 1 (2)
C54- 4 (2)
C55- 4 (3)
C56- 3 (1)

I know I'm a couple flights short, but that gives you an idea. I wonder if they'd ever treat 49 and 50 as CUTE gates if they needed one or two more, as they seem to be overflow.

boscmh

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
F9 seems weak at CMH, though I'd imagine both could hold their own. The bigger battle could be NK vs G4 but, even then, G4 has seemed to go such gangbusters at LCK

I agree this is the generally accepted perception, but what's really interesting is that "weak" F9 still carried more pax through CMH last year (288k) than G4 did at LCK (260k). I think being so out of the way down at Rickenbacker undeniably hurts them somewhat...

DeltaRules wrote:
NK's efforts to get their name out there definitely seem unique as compared to other entrants which have come and gone. I can't remember B6, F9, or J1 doing anything special to drum up publicity. I seem to remember G4 doing something, but can't remember what and I don't think it was as big.

NK is definitely doing some serious marketing. They have multiple billboards running right now around the city (I've seen at least a half dozen or so - along High St, 315, 71, downtown, etc), in addition to social media ads, and they're running a month-long sweepstakes with local news WSYX/WTTE - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bep3Ci6nbMJ/?taken-at=3001945

I remember B6 running billboards and maybe having some other promotions initially, but I've never seen anything at all for F9 or G4

flymco753

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

The fact somebody between CRAA and F9 got the latter to move to C is interesting to me because it's now very possible NK could wind up with two gates (B35 and B36), even if they don't start with them. I'm not familiar with NK's ops so I'm not sure how many flights they could run out of two gates, but they'll be starting with 7 out of presumably one. Point is, there could be room to grow (and both 35 and 36 have two parking lines, so they could theoretically RON 4 planes- NW used to have a DC-9 and A319 at B35 and would swing the jetway over to the second plane after the first left).

F9 seems weak at CMH, though I'd imagine both could hold their own. The bigger battle could be NK vs G4 but, even then, G4 has seemed to go such gangbusters at LCK that maybe they could coexist somehow- there's definite overlap but G4 has a few dots on the map they serve which NK doesn't/probably wouldn't (and vice versa). (Honestly, as a frequent DAB visitor, G4 to SFB would actually benefit me more than F9/NK at MCO in the ULCC Wars, but the Mouse will command traffic.) Also, I can't help but notice in your BWI comparison that SAN and SEA, two CMH targets, are served.

NK's efforts to get their name out there definitely seem unique as compared to other entrants which have come and gone. I can't remember B6, F9, or J1 doing anything special to drum up publicity. I seem to remember G4 doing something, but can't remember what and I don't think it was as big. They (NK) even put thought into the number 91 (seven Baker's Dozens for seven destinations, 7x13=91). Donuts for vouchers is akin to Skybus taping SX butterfly logo stickers to the bottoms of randomly selected seats at the last Columbus Blue Jackets game of the 2006-07 season which were promoted in-arena and redeemable for travel vouchers.
At MCO, I think with 2 gates NK can roughly turn 18 total flights that are on time, that has since changed and now NK uses all of 30's. At DTW during peak times there's up to 8 planes sitting at D Concourse gates. Last week when I was flying back down to MCO they had MCO and FLL next to each other (both on 321's) and it was getting tight.

masseybrown

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
I would love to see CMH-CVG come back but I know it also has a snowball's chance.

The best thing about Gov. Strickland was his 3C's rail proposal. His mistake was going with the slow (REALLY SLOW) option for initial ops. He should have proposed the 110mph version as a starter. Less than 2 hours travel time between Columbus and the other C's would have been a winner.

cvgComair

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Work began today on expanding the parking garage and moving the entrance area. The road realignment will start in June. http://www.fox19.com/story/37401382/wor ... r-facility

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos