Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MO11

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2018

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm

cathay747 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:
I wonder when we will get service to Puerto Penasco here at Phoenix (or Mesa for that matter)

Perhaps MQ can do it from PHX? After all, PP is Arizona's beach!

It's been done. It's really tough to beat a four hour car ride.

As asked above, I'd also be curious to learn who did it, when, and with what equip.

It was Great Lakes, using a Beech 1900. It began early 1997. And there was a public charter from DVT which was operated by Westwind Aviation, which used Caravans (early 2000s).

alasizon

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:44 pm

FA9295 wrote:
wn676 wrote:
As far as NRT, it’s something that’s been discussed ad naseum on this board and IMO does not have the best chances of materializing anytime soon. US had actually secured a route authority from DL to fly PHX-NRT (more than anything I think this was just to give the illusion of a more equitable trade with the slot swap) but of course never came about, even after open skies and post-merger with AA.

Yeah, PHX-NRT doesn't seem like a market that would have too much potential. Had no idea about DL getting authority to fly the PHX-NRT route though. I would have thought a few years back that DL could be at least somewhat successful with the route, even though DL is seemingly downsizing their NRT hub. They're supposedly having success with PDX-NRT, which doesn't have nearly the amount of passenger traffic that PHX does (albeit, PDX is located on the western U.S. coast, which makes for a more opportune market for a transpacific market to Asia than it does at PHX).

The problem with NRT is that most Asian connections with the Phoenix metro are not with Japan, particularly the VFR portion. Most connections are with SE Asia and China. Likewise, the distance ties up a decent amount of aircraft and would push the 767 in the summer. A 330 or 787 would likely be too much aircraft for the route from a US carrier. JAL is likely the best bet but still a ways out.

The growth in Phoenix right now is on the Regional side but the operation is gate and aircraft limited, there is a lot that AA could do in PHX that would most likely be better than a single NRT round-trip, but a lot of it right now requires more gates and/or planes (why AA passed on S1, I have no idea, it could have been an 8 gate 321/738 concourse that would have allowed Regional room to grow on N3).

paulsaz

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Has WN ever said if they are going to keep S4 when S1 opens?

alasizon

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:26 pm

paulsaz wrote:

My understanding is the exact gate breakdown has not been finalized yet and won't be until after groundbreaking. My guess is WN will keep C13/17/18/19 while C11/12/14/16 all go CUTE (I think SY would likely find a home in S4 once S1 is complete since they may or may not have a long-term home in T3).

travaz

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:29 pm

I just don't see any carrier overflying LAX to offer a Non Stop to NRT. Somewhere in this or another thread the numbers of passengers that leave PHX for NRT was, as I remember, in the 30 persons a day range. The amount of flights from PHX to LAX is pretty large so if you want to go PHX NRT it is not terribly inconvenient to do PHX LAX LAX NRT.

Goodyear

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Or PHX-PDX-NRT, or PHX-SEA-NRT, or PHX-SFO-NRT...

travaz

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Goodyear wrote:

Correct same idea. I personally like LA because the risk of delay is lower but that is just me.

FA9295

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 pm

travaz wrote:
Goodyear wrote:

Correct same idea. I personally like LA because the risk of delay is lower but that is just me.

PDX wouldn't work, since DL doesn't fly PHX-PDX and AS doesn't codeshare with DL anymore. You could go PHX-SEA-NRT via Delta since DL does fly PHX-SEA.

Anyhow, yes, LAX would be the best option though.

alasizon

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 pm

FA9295 wrote:
travaz wrote:
Goodyear wrote:

PDX wouldn't work, since DL doesn't fly PHX-PDX and AS doesn't codeshare with DL anymore. You could go PHX-SEA-NRT via Delta since DL does fly PHX-SEA.

Anyhow, yes, LAX would be the best option though.

You can still go PHX-PDX-NRT on AS&DL via a straight interline. Realistically LAX & SFO are the two big connectors because they are far bigger hubs when it comes to volume.

paulsaz

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:39 am

alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:

My understanding is the exact gate breakdown has not been finalized yet and won't be until after groundbreaking. My guess is WN will keep C13/17/18/19 while C11/12/14/16 all go CUTE (I think SY would likely find a home in S4 once S1 is complete since they may or may not have a long-term home in T3).

WestJet and Air Canada really need to move their pre-cleared flights if C goes CUTE.

alasizon

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 am

paulsaz wrote:
alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:

WestJet and Air Canada really need to move their pre-cleared flights if C goes CUTE.

AC won't because S4 has no room for the 767s used in the peak season and in the slow season, there is plenty of room for their flights. WS I can't imagine would want a split operation, at best they'll spill over into a gate on peak days.

wn676

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 am

alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:
alasizon wrote:

AC won't because S4 has no room for the 767s used in the peak season and in the slow season, there is plenty of room for their flights. WS I can't imagine would want a split operation, at best they'll spill over into a gate on peak days.

AC will be moving to T3N.

alasizon

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 am

wn676 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:

AC will be moving to T3N.

Is that post-T3N remodel or pre-remodel?

AntonioMartin

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 am

Im doing PHX-PDX-LAX-LAS-PHX in a couple weeks, just to fly on Virgin America before it closes officially.

AntonioMartin

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:37 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
Im doing PHX-PDX-LAX-LAS-PHX in a couple weeks, just to fly on Virgin America before it closes officially.

Actually, that is, PHX-PDX-LAX-LAS-SEA-PHX

777PHX

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:14 pm

FA9295 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Not sure how this missed the prying eyes of this forum, maybe I missed it being posted... HA is operating a red-eye flight HNL-PHX with an A332. tonight 03/17. It is definitely a revenue flight because as of 8:40 PM PST tickets are still available for purchase. Operating as HA 1036, arriving into PHX at 8:30 AM. HA 36 currently en route to PHX as normal.

That's quite interesting. I wonder why they would perform a one-off flight like that. It looks like HA 1035 departs PHX at 10:30 AM. So, the turn-around time is only two hours long. That's not a lot of time at all for a wide-body jet...

Spring break destinations on both ends. East valley school districts were off last week and west valley is this week. PHX is a draw for baseball and Hawaii is a draw for the obvious. There may be some significant feed coming from Japan as well. The Angels signed a Japanese guy who's supposed to be a huge draw for Japanese fans.

FA9295

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 pm

777PHX wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Not sure how this missed the prying eyes of this forum, maybe I missed it being posted... HA is operating a red-eye flight HNL-PHX with an A332. tonight 03/17. It is definitely a revenue flight because as of 8:40 PM PST tickets are still available for purchase. Operating as HA 1036, arriving into PHX at 8:30 AM. HA 36 currently en route to PHX as normal.

That's quite interesting. I wonder why they would perform a one-off flight like that. It looks like HA 1035 departs PHX at 10:30 AM. So, the turn-around time is only two hours long. That's not a lot of time at all for a wide-body jet...

Spring break destinations on both ends. East valley school districts were off last week and west valley is this week. PHX is a draw for baseball and Hawaii is a draw for the obvious. There may be some significant feed coming from Japan as well. The Angels signed a Japanese guy who's supposed to be a huge draw for Japanese fans.

If you're referring to the earlier discussion above about PHX-NRT, I don't think the signing of one Japanese baseball player is going to increase the potential feed from Japan to Phoenix.

777PHX

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:11 pm

FA9295 wrote:
777PHX wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

If you're referring to the earlier discussion above about PHX-NRT, I don't think the signing of one Japanese baseball player is going to increase the potential feed from Japan to Phoenix.

Reading comprehension. Go back and read what I quoted.

I was referring to the one-off extra HA flight and I pointed out that it's spring break here in PHX and there's spring training baseball going on right now. The Angels signed this guy who's supposedly a Japanese superstar baseball player and they play their spring games in Tempe. It's conceivable that it could drive a few extra Japanese fans here and they could connect through HNL on Hawaiian.

allegiantflyer

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying spring! I love the sight of mesquite trees blooming, though they make a mess.

Recently came across tourism.az.gov a great website that realeases passenger numbers every month in comparison to last month.

I wanted to discuss Boutique Air success at SOW, From 2016 to 2017 SOW numbers saw a 19.7% increase
https://tourism.az.gov/sites/default/fi ... 2017_0.pdf
I went ahead and pulled up the '15-'16 numbers. '15 was the last time Great Lakes operated this route and I was pretty shocked as there was a 81% increase after Boutique picked up where Great Lakes left off. (https://tourism.az.gov/sites/default/fi ... 202016.pdf
-So for discussion, why was Boutique so much more successful in SOW than Great Lakes was? and could we see Boutique pick up PGA? (after Great Lakes drops dead off course)

Osubuckeyes

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 pm

FA9295 wrote:
777PHX wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Yes certainly one guy could drive traffic from Japan to PHX. It isn't just fans, which btw Japanese fans came in crazy numbers here when Ichiro made his debut, but also media presence, and support staff. Spring training is a big enough draw that ANA and JAL have done fan charters in the past (though I don't know how regularly). Then not to mention that in each other given year there are a handful of Japanese players who are on or trying to make it on teams, and while not a big deal for us it is certainly a huge deal for fans in Japan.

skyharborshome

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:25 pm

allegiantflyer wrote:
Hope everyone is enjoying spring! I love the sight of mesquite trees blooming, though they make a mess.

Recently came across tourism.az.gov a great website that realeases passenger numbers every month in comparison to last month.

I wanted to discuss Boutique Air success at SOW, From 2016 to 2017 SOW numbers saw a 19.7% increase
https://tourism.az.gov/sites/default/fi ... 2017_0.pdf
I went ahead and pulled up the '15-'16 numbers. '15 was the last time Great Lakes operated this route and I was pretty shocked as there was a 81% increase after Boutique picked up where Great Lakes left off. (https://tourism.az.gov/sites/default/fi ... 202016.pdf
-So for discussion, why was Boutique so much more successful in SOW than Great Lakes was? and could we see Boutique pick up PGA? (after Great Lakes drops dead off course)

This is interesting. I fly to SOW a lot in my plane and 3 times I saw the is flight leave. Once TSA opened up shop, processed the bags, screened the passenger (yes just one) and then stood around for about 30 minutes until the flight left and the 4 employees then left. The other two times there were less than 5 so I was really wondering how it would survive. Glad to see this is starting to blossom a bit.

As far as your question, Boutique uses the PC-12 correct? I have heard people prefer them over the 1900s. When I was in the FBO the other day, one of the guys were telling me it had been busier due to people liking the new route times. I am not sure how much they changed. He said a lot more people are now willing to fly to PHX and make a connection rather than make the 3-4 hour drive especially with all the construction through Salt River Canyon. They have been resurfacing and repaving meaning only one lane gets through the switchbacks at one time. I am sure others have better info than I do.

skyharborshome

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 pm

cathay747 wrote:
PHX news on airlineroute.net: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/

Delta Airlines in recent weeks adjusted planned Boeing 767-400ER operation on Atlanta – Phoenix route, previously scheduled as daily service from 03APR18 to 07JUN18. The 767-400ER operation has been revised to following dates only: 12MAY18, 13MAY18, 26MAY18, 27MAY18, 28MAY18.

DL1772 ATL1101 – 1215PHX 764
DL1772 PHX1310 – 1954ATL 764

Original schedule from December was A321 starting April 3 with a 767 only on April 2. I must have missed the change to 767 for the additional few weeks. Disappointed to see they added wide-body then took it away. However, this is much more than we received last year so any additional capacity is welcomed. I take 1772 way too much and the widebody service turns a good flight into a great flight.

Now if we can just get a couple of mainline to SEA as promised.....

skyharborshome

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
kearnet wrote:
Heads up, I just a saw a DL 777 on final.

Any idea whether this is a swap or a diversion (at work so I can't check the trackers at the moment)?

Looks like it was a sub for their A333 ATL-PHX-ATL

And then yesterday the MSP turn was done by an A333. Keep bringing the heavies!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KPHX/KMSP

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:29 am

allegiantflyer wrote:
So for discussion, why was Boutique so much more successful in SOW than Great Lakes was?

Probably because they aren't a train wreck. First of all, people in SOW absolutely hated Great Lakes for years. They tried everything they could to have them replaced. As for airline ops, the PC-12s are cheaper to operate, cheaper to staff, and are right-sized for the route. They don't require TSA, the aircraft are newer and less burdened by maintenance, and fewer seats means they can offer higher frequencies.

That said, they may be due for an abrupt end not unlike Seaport Airlines with their C208s. The PC12 is a great airplane, but it wasn't designed the purpose of commercial airline use in mind. A half dozen or more cycles a day will wear out the airframe rather quickly, so they need to be prepared to put in the maintenance or retire them relatively quickly (compared with the service life of a commercial jet aircraft). If they don't, they're simply going to fly them til the wheels fall off like Seaport, then be stuck in a position where they can't afford to fix or replace them.

allegiantflyer wrote:
and could we see Boutique pick up PGA? (after Great Lakes drops dead off course)

Ah, ah, not so fast! Great Lakes has been on their death bed for at least six or seven years. They've plugged on for nearly a decade past their prime despite all odds. They lost the codeshare with UA and F9, they lost a sizable portion of their fleet and network, and by all accounts they're a shadow of their former selves. However, Lakes Air is the Keith Richards of the airline world — they used to party pretty hard, and even though dialysis is all that's keeping 'em going, they refuse to die quietly. How Doug Voss has kept the wings from falling off that proverbial dumpster fire is an absolute miracle. Either way, they should be a case study.

That said, I'm guessing that at some point, Boutique will operate that route one way or another. Either they'll snag the EAS contract from Lakes, or Lakes will finally bite the dust. However, it's not the same situation as SOW. In PGA, folks have historically been okay with Lakes despite the hassles and excuses. I think Lakes will keep the contract unless they either drop the route for financial issues (I don't think they would, because it's always brought in money for them) or finally die off.

allegiantflyer wrote:
Hope everyone is enjoying spring!

Yes, enjoy that "Spring" you speak of...I'll be getting another Nor'easter tomorrow. Still don't miss the summer heat or scorpions though!

Lennundus

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:08 am

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... -spot.html

Is it likely the author of this article knows something we don't know about new international flights?

travaz

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 am

Lennundus wrote:
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2018/03/19/making-phoenix-an-international-landing-spot.html

Is it likely the author of this article knows something we don't know about new international flights?

The comment was pretty generic to me.

"Airport and city officials have certain Asian and European markets in sight for possible flights. Securing such flights and routes sometimes can take years.

Still, it looks like those efforts are paying off. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear about additional routes in the coming months and years."

There is nothing to see here, Move along.

MO11

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 am

allegiantflyer wrote:
and could we see Boutique pick up PGA? (after Great Lakes drops dead off course

Remember that EAS requires twin-engine aircraft, unless the community waives the requirement. Page will not waive the requirement. In the most recent award, Boutique bid the route with a King Air 350, and Page recommended the Boutique bid. Unfortunately, it was over $1 million higher than Great Lakes' bid for equivalent service (at least in number of seats/trips), so ZK has the contract through August 2019.

allegiantflyer wrote:
-So for discussion, why was Boutique so much more successful in SOW than Great Lakes was?

Show Low is currently under review. The bidders are Great Lakes, Boutique, a local new entrant with a PC-12 (who won't get it), and a new entrant with a Caravan. Low bid is the Caravan, followed by Boutique, followed by Great Lakes. The city is recommending Boutique. The DOT doesn't have to to select low bid, if a better service will result (e.g. interline options, etc.).

And yes, bottom line was Great Lakes became so unreliable that people took to their cars.

JustWingIt

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 am

skyharborshome wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
kearnet wrote:
Heads up, I just a saw a DL 777 on final.

Any idea whether this is a swap or a diversion (at work so I can't check the trackers at the moment)?

Looks like it was a sub for their A333 ATL-PHX-ATL

And then yesterday the MSP turn was done by an A333. Keep bringing the heavies!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KPHX/KMSP

Yep. DL 777-200ER on Thursday from ATL, DL 767-300ER on Friday from MSP, HA A330-200 yesterday from HNL, and DL A330-300 from MSP also yesterday. There was also an AC 787-9 earlier this month. We've had a lot of unusual heavies this month, mostly this week. I also saw an A319 for AC Jetz yesterday from Tempe Town Lake (and BA's 747 for that matter :D ), so yeah, some different birds.

AC is also restarting A320 service to PHX for those who haven't heard yet.

AntonioMartin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:56 am

travaz wrote:
30 persons a day range.

That explains it! Many cultural references (in Phoenix), not that many fliers I guess

wnflyguy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm

alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:

Last thing I've heard was WN and PHX were in talks about eliminating gates C1 and C11.
Then shifting the parking angles to transform the remaining gates to a 800/8MAX capable gate.

C1,2 and C11, C12 are currently limited to nothing bigger than a 737-700W Gate.
So these gates will be useless to Sun Country or Anyone else they could possibly move to the C gates.

Flyguy

INFINITI329

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:25 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
alasizon wrote:
paulsaz wrote:

Last thing I've heard was WN and PHX were in talks about eliminating gates C1 and C11.
Then shifting the parking angles to transform the remaining gates to a 800/8MAX capable gate.

So these gates will be useless to Sun Country or Anyone else they could possibly move to the C gates.

Flyguy

C-2 can accept 738s and does every so often. C-12 has technically been restriped to accept both 73Gs & 73Hs. However, chances off winglet strike from a ground vehicle on the service road is way to great to gamble. The only gate on the low C's that cant accept an -800 is C4, so eliminating C1 is rather pointless.

alasizon

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:44 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Flyguy

C-2 can accept 738s and does every so often. C-12 has technically been restriped to accept both 73Gs & 73Hs. However, chances off winglet strike from a ground vehicle on the service road is way to great to gamble. The only gate on the low C's that cant accept an -800 is C4, so eliminating C1 is rather pointless.

I was unaware C12 had been restriped. Last I saw it was being used as some sort of GSE storage and baggage transfer point. My understanding was it was closed as a result of it originally being 733 capable only so good to see they had added capability to it.

As I recall C11 can accommodate a full sized aircraft in the envelope but the jetway is the limiting factor there.

chrisair

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 pm

alasizon wrote:
I was unaware C12 had been restriped. Last I saw it was being used as some sort of GSE storage and baggage transfer point. My understanding was it was closed as a result of it originally being 733 capable only so good to see they had added capability to it.

As of Friday, there was still a bunch of GSE parked over there. Didn’t look on Monday when I left.

Can’t wait for the spring training and spring break traffic to be gone. When I landed Friday morning, the traffic on the south side was backed up to east economy. Thankfully nobody knows to use the Skytrain station for uber anymore.

travaz

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:49 am

chrisair wrote:
alasizon wrote:

As of Friday, there was still a bunch of GSE parked over there. Didn’t look on Monday when I left.

Can’t wait for the spring training and spring break traffic to be gone. When I landed Friday morning, the traffic on the south side was backed up to east economy. Thankfully nobody knows to use the Skytrain station for uber anymore.

Dude this is Phoenix! We only love our SUV's and Pickups!
I feel your pain!

skyharborshome

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Did everyone see that Great Lakes has suspended operations? How many routes were they flying out of PHX?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:22 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
Did everyone see that Great Lakes has suspended operations? How many routes were they flying out of PHX?

Just to Page, I believe. A far cry from a decade ago when they'd commonly have three B190s on the ramp. I never thought they'd die!

JustWingIt

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Lufthansa started FRA-SAN. Then on their instagram they said "Coming Soon to a desert near you" on the San Diego page. (I think, my friend told me so idk for sure.) Do you guys think that means PHX?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 pm

JustWingIt wrote:
Lufthansa started FRA-SAN. Then on their instagram they said "Coming Soon to a desert near you" on the San Diego page. (I think, my friend told me so idk for sure.) Do you guys think that means PHX?

I'm just not sure they have the right airplane for it. The 359 is probably too big, and I'm not sure how well the 343 would perform in the summer. FRA-PHX could really use a 788/789, but obviously they don't have them. Hopefully they will come back, but Condor might need to prove the route a little bit before LH makes a move.

INFINITI329

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
JustWingIt wrote:

I'm just not sure they have the right airplane for it. The 359 is probably too big, and I'm not sure how well the 343 would perform in the summer. FRA-PHX could really use a 788/789, but obviously they don't have them. Hopefully they will come back, but Condor might need to prove the route a little bit before LH makes a move.

How about on the A333's?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
How about on the A333's?

I don't know if the 300 has the legs for it. I'm pretty sure the 332 wouldn't have an issue, and the newer 333s might be able to do it, but I don't know if the older models LH operate could do it (profitably, at least).

cm642

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm

JustWingIt wrote:

It could be an indication of PHX, it seems that's what they did with SAN, watch and see how Condor would perform. However it could also be an indication for LAS as well since Condor serves both Frankfurt and Munich from there. I would love to see Lufthansa return to PHX but I'm not holding my breath.

910A

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
The 359 is probably too big, and I'm not sure how well the 343 would perform in the summer. FRA-PHX could really use a 788/789, but obviously they don't have them.

Hard to believe that it's been 14 years since LH departed PHX. They started 3/25/01 to both PHX and DEN on the same day. I don't recall any issues with the a342/a343 in summer since they were designed for the hot and high airports. The only problem I recall was that LH was unable to fill the front cabins with paying passengers.

I posted the 342 picture since people in the past claimed I was nuts and LH only operated the 343.

CACTUSrider11

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:48 am

On Lufthansa USA's Instagram (under the SAN arrival clip), they stated that they do not have plans to return to PHX at the moment.

chrisair

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Didn't see anything mentioned here, but westbound departures heading north and west are reverting to the September 2014 departure paths, which follows the 10 and turns at the 101. Southbound and eastbound departures are not switching yet, but will switch to new paths by the end of May.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 467805002/

JustWingIt

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:18 am

What happened to HA35 today? It has a 19 hour delay from this morning's scheduled 7:30 departure

travaz

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 am

Could it be a crew issue?

JustWingIt

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Just found out through intensive flight tracker searching that they totally switched planes on the ground. Obviously some sort of mechanical issue with the plane

MO11

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:07 pm

JustWingIt wrote:
Just found out through intensive flight tracker searching that they totally switched planes on the ground. Obviously some sort of mechanical issue with the plane

Well, kind of. Monday's HA35 left at 354am Tuesday with Monday's HA36 plane (N581). Tuesday's HA35 is scheduled for Sunday's HA36 plane (N592), and is already pushed back to 11am.

1337Delta764

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm guessing once T2 closes, the T2 parking garage will be redesignated as a temporary economy lot until a potential new West Economy opens. Right now only sections of it are considered economy parking.

JustWingIt

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 am

MO11 wrote:
JustWingIt wrote:

Well, kind of. Monday's HA35 left at 354am Tuesday with Monday's HA36 plane (N581). Tuesday's HA35 is scheduled for Sunday's HA36 plane (N592), and is already pushed back to 11am.

I knew the first half of that, I was just too lazy to write all of that. I did not know what would happen with (now) today's flight, so thanks for the info. I guess there was a mechanical failure then, if they were able to send it back into service by today.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos